A Mafia's Possession(Complete...

Adaririchichi

"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I wa... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
A/N
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Author's note
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue

Chapter 23

337 38 9
Adaririchichi

NICOLE

   It's been three weeks since I got back from the hospital. Everything was going smooth, Raphael still worked late but at least I did get to see him every morning though I rarely saw him at night.
    He would work late at night and come back sometimes five in the morning. It was a cycle for him. I truly wondered how he was keeping up with the torturous routine. I just hope he wouldn't get insomnia as a result of his over working attitude.

I knew being in the mafia was a hell of work but I felt Raphael was just being a workaholic.
Like the man needs a fucking break!

I suddenly started missing the period I was admitted to the hospital. Atleast I knew Raphael got enough sleep and rest. It was just both of us in our own world. Just like normal couples.

  A shaky sigh escaped my parted lips as I reminisced about the period which brought Raphael to his knees.

"Baby what are you thinking off?"Raphael asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I looked around and realised we were in the kitchen. I suddenly remembered I and Raphael volunteered to make dinner. I was the one who brought the idea. I wanted us to spend more time together since it was clear that every night Raphael was never around and he seldom had time in the morning.
  I glanced at the carrots I was meant to be chopping and I registered that I hadn't even began.

"Raph"I began with a desperate cry.
He stared at me and caressed my cheeks. "What's wrong my love?"

"Will you go out again this night?"

Raphael sighed. "I truly have to babe"

A frown spread across my face and my lips quivered with each breath I took. "Why are you doing this? Our relationship...It's suffering as a result of your mafia. You hardly have my time anymore. I rarely see you again. Like I seriously wish I was never discharged from the hospital. I wish i was still in there at least..."

Raphael immedately placed a finger on my lips, making me stop my ramble.
"Don't ever say that. I love you. I swear I do love you so much. And I truly don't like how busy I am my love. I wish i could forfeit everything"

I listened to Raphael speak with tears pooling in my eyes. "Then why can't you forfeit all these? Why?"I sobbed.

I knew the reason to well but I just felt I needed to ask. I felt so empty these days. I hardly saw my husband again.
Raphael became like a mist that came and vanished. Whenever i did peak through my sleepy eyelids and gazed upon him in the early hours of the day, his rugged and bloody appearance would clearly remind me of what he was, what he was into.

This mafia. This fucking mafia scared the wits out of me whenever I thought of it.
If only Raphael knew how horror struck I had become as a result of his frequent night missions to God knows where.

Raphael didn't give me a reply immedately and he pulled me into his warm embrace, his intoxicating cologne feeling my senses.
"Everything I'm doing is for you Nicole"Raphael whispered as his hands ran along my spine.

What?
I pulled out of his embrace and shot him a persistent gaze.
"Everything you are doing is for me? Please don't play that card Raphael. I have no business with your freaking mafia. I was branded yes but as your woman. I have no business other than that. I have no idea what even goes in your work and you are telling me you are doing all these for me? Are you trying to acquire more wealth huh?"

Raphael watched me as I spoke, spitting out my emotions.
"Answer me! Are you working your ass off to acquire more ill gotten wealth? You are already so rich Raphael. You are a barrister. You earn enough money from your chambers Raph..."

"This isn't about money Nicole"Raphael at once interrupted me.

"So what is it about?"I questioned.
He said he was doing all these for me so if he wasn't doing it with the aim of acquiring more bloody wealth then what was his aim?

"Answer me Raph. You are doing all these for me aren't you? You are working late, coming back home claded in blood and acquiring more bloody wealth all for my sake. I don't want more money Raph. You never spend time with me again" I stop myself as the emotions like a wave surge through me.

"You don't spend time with me again Raphael. Yes I keep on recieving lots and lots of gifts from you. You think disappearing for days and instructing one of your underboss to send me numerous piles of gifts will make me happy? Raphael I'm lonely. Please don't go out this night" I begged sounding desperate.

  Raphael just stared at me. His fixed icy blue orbs stationed on me.
A deafening silence swept the atmosphere as we both kept our gaze on each other.
"If you don't want me to go then I won't" Raphael finally spoke up breaking the silence.

My cheeks rose and my eyes squinted slighty. Was he really serious?
"Are you serious?" I asked immedately, cleaning my tears with the back of my palms.

Raphael nodded and gave me a loving smile. I immedately pulled him for a hug and he hugged me back, laughing.

"I'll do anything to make you happy my love. I truly do love you"

"I love you too Raph"I squeaked before my lips met with his in a passionate, longing kiss.

We pulled out just before the door to the kitchen swung open revealing an a nervous maid.

"Umm..s-sir"she anxiously quivered as she held on to the hem of her dress, her gaze downwards.

"Relax. What's it?"I softly admonished to stop her jitters.
"You have a visitor"She breathed out.

Was that what she was scared of saying?
I rolled my eyes with a smile.
"It's fine. You can go back to your duty"

She gave us both a courtesy bow and headed out of the kitchen.
"Who could that be Raph? Who would visit us this night?"

Raphael answered with a shrug of his shoulders. "I have no clue. Let's go see our guest shall we?"
We interlocked hands and walked out of the kitchen to the living room.

I almost let out a shrill cry on seeing who our guest was.
Miles.
He was engaging in a hearty conversation with Sofia. The moment he spotted us his eyes seemed to lit up.

He stood from his seat and came to meet us. "Good evening Mr and Mrs Justice"

He offered us a handshake and we both accepted it.
"Nice to see you again Miles. How is your health?"Raphael asked.

"Well I'm recuperating just fine. What about you Mrs Justice?"

I nodded, giving a broad smile. "I'm doing good"

"Such a surprise visit. How did you navigate your way?"I asked as we all went to sit down back.

He brought out the business card Raphael gave him some weeks earlier."This helped me. I felt it would be polite to pay the person that paid off my hospital bills a visit"

"I must say your security is appalling and so tight"miles added as he gazed around the vicinity of the living room, taking in the guards stationed at different corners of the house.

Raphael laughed it off.
"Ofcourse. You never know who is an enemy"

Miles nodded and stood up."I guess I must be on my way now"

I stood with opened mouth. "But you just came"I objected.

"Yes I do. I just felt I should pay you both a visit. At least to formally thank you both for paying off my bills"

"You were instrumental to the saving of my life. It was the least we could do"I replied, my voice urging him to stay further.

"Thank you both for your hospitality. Maybe next time I'll stay longer. It's getting late. I have to be on my way"

Raphael stood up and encircled his arms around my waist making the colours drain from cheeks. "Sure Miles. Thanks for dropping by ok"

Miles nodded and turned to leave. I watched him go. He is such a nice man.
"Why are you staring at him? Do you want to marry him?"Raphael teasingly asked.

"Well if he spends time with me then I'll marry him"my tone mocking Raphael.
He immedately tightened his grip on my waist, nails digging into my flesh.

"Why don't I spend time with you in our room"he huskily whispered making me weak in the knees.
It had been a while since we got intimate.

I glanced at Sofia who stared at both of us with curious eyes.
"Raph we aren't done cooking"I chided.

"Sofia tell the head chef to return back to the kitchen"

I attempted to speak but Raphael sharply cut in. "Now Sofia"

Sofia quickly hastened her steps and exited the living room leaving just I and Raphael.

He gave me a devilish smile and my toes curled up with a million butterflies fluttering inside me.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

384K 8.3K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
•Innocence• d3stinies

Любовные романы

726K 11.8K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
Xavier's Trysta |18+|✔️ »𝐏

Любовные романы

2M 61.6K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
Deception Stariiyy

Любовные романы

449K 12.9K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...