BLOOD FROM STONE, Henrik Mika...

By deviously_innocent

❝ not yet corpses, yet we rot❞ Henrik Mikaelson was once the catalyst of the beginning of vampires; the... More

blood from stone
gallery
2, elijah

1, woman in the shadows

358 28 38
By deviously_innocent

𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 !

Chapter one,

woman in
the shadows

"You're looking awfully quiet now."

Felix looked up from the ground where he was subtly observing the lonely woman in the shadows. The woman had been observing him for a while. Felix didn't reply. His kidnapper's eyes twitched in irritation.

"I thought you would at least put up a fight. Like you did with my brother." The word brother  were snarled at Felix.

Felix couldn't help it. He let a smug smile break out. He stole a look at the blood in his kidnappers jacket. Felix knew it was the blood of his kidnapper's brother.

Brother  who Felix killed two days ago.

"You shouldn't have surprised or dared to take me away, dude." He  said, throat burning from thirst. He ignored the man's burning eyes. His blood was warm. He wanted a fight. "He deserved it."

Next thing he knew was pain and a shout of "Harry, no!" Felix moved his jaw, slowly. Nothing broken, thankfully. Only his face throbbed.

'Harry' the kidnapper shook his fists violently on his sides, as if resisting a great temptation.  Temptation of beating the shit out of his kidnapee, Felix supposed.

He laughed, which didn't help the matter.

Another man rushed through and dragged Harry the kidnapper towards the exit. Harry didn't put up a fight, his beady eyes still gleaming with anger. Felix watched the charade, amused.

"You're playing a dangerous game," the woman in the shadows said. He raised a brow as the woman sauntered slowly towards him, but still had a healthy distance away from him.

Smart. Felix was pissed to not care a shit about anything. He wasn't afraid to kill women if they were in his way.

He scoffed. "No, you're the one playing a dangerous game." He wiggled on his wooden chair, eyeing the salt line surrounding him. "You lot use strange methods."

The woman laughed. It was a pleasant sound, even if her face was stern. Felix relaxed.

These people didn't know a shit about interrogations, he concluded.

"You'll see," the woman chortled, wiping his eyes with a hiccup. Her eyes were shinning.  "You think of yourself as a bigshot, but oh boy." The woman just shook her head. "You're just an ant compared to us. A liability who we'll take advantage of. And we'll take advantage of you."

Felix stiffened. "Kill me then." He urged, rolling his eyes mockingly. "So that I can be spared from your dramatics." He scoffed bitterly.

Felix hasn't been an ant for years. He'll be damned before he lets anybody make him.

He'll make them regret underestimating him. 

The woman tsked. She opened her mouth to be interrupted by a girl slamming the doors open.

"He's here, Marie!" She cried, breathing heavily. "Elijah's here!"

The woman now named Marie nodded. "I'll come. The girl stared at Felix with furrowed brows. "Thank you Irene," Marie said pointedly. Irene grinned sheepishly and walked away, still staring at Felix curiously.

Felix smiled, showing his teeth. The girl blushed and walked away faster.

"You're a little shit, aren't you? " Marie asked, her eyes observing Felix.

Felix did not say anything. Marie laughed again.

"You're so much like Kol that it's unbelievable," she said, tilting her head. The name felt familiar somehow. Felix didn't know who 'Cole' was. He wasn't much interested in finding out either.

"Wait here, I'll call you when I need you to come." With that, Marie straightened his shoulders and marched away.

"As if I can get away from the stuff you've equipped yourself with!" Felix impulsively shouted behind her back. Marie ignored him.

***

As soon as Marie left, Felix rolled his eyes hard. Cults. So damn sensitive.

Wiggling around his chair, he tugged off the ropes binding his hands.

Honestly, who uses ropes nowadays except for bondage ?

Felix shook his head in amusement and quickly untied the ropes in his legs too.

At first he had thought Barrett had sent some goons to kidnap him. Scare him off and bruise him up. Wouldn't be the first time. Felix was used to it.

The opportunity to kidnap him was ingenious, Felix got to give it to his kidnappers. Get him right outside of the bar he haunted, mildly tipsy and half asleep.

He didn't expect the ambush, a group of men tackling him into the ground, one having a cloth dipped in chloroform, Felix could say.

He had only time to shoot a bald one and break the dislocate the shoulders of the guy who was holding him when the third came behind him.

Felix had expected that move so he had pushed the second Tweedledee onto the third man— weren't the groans of their pain satisfying?

Felix was smug, even drunk. Which was his downfall really. He had missed the last guy hiding in their vehicle.

The guy seeing his companions in pain, and one bleeding to death, did the only thing they knew.

They smacked his head hard when Felix was reloading his gun.

Felix could admit he had lowered his guard down. On an usual sober day, he wouldn't have been surprised by it. It was so unoriginal that he could laugh.

Humiliation by being kidnapped by amateurs, what an irony.

But it happened and now he wasn't laughing. Somehow, on the way back to New Orleans— and wasn't that the kicker, they didn't even blindfold him— he couldn't escape no matter how feeble their force was.

Felix glanced around his surroundings warily. He could see no cameras in the room. Yet he couldn't be sure, he had seen some weird shit.

Slowly, he tipped towards the strange circle of white. Witches and warlocks, his captors called themselves as. So Felix wasn't surprised by the things he saw.

He needs to get out of here. Before his captors had the marvelous idea to sacrifice him or some shit.

Taking a deep breath, he stepped out of the circle. Only for his toes to be blocked by an invisible force from stepping out.

Felix frowned. Invisible shield?  What kind of technology are his captors using?

He tried again, this time poking his invisible prison gate with his hands. It didn't budge. He furrowed his brow in confusion.

He heard footsteps, before he could think or act of his situation.

With wide eyes, Felix jogged quietly to his chair and tied back the ropes in his legs. Heart beating frantically, he saw two shadows coming down the doorway. He took the ropes for his hand, loosely tying it around his hands, the ends of rope clutched in his fists.

Felix slouched and waited. The footsteps were quiet but firm. Maybe Marie and whoever this Elijah was.

Marie came in first, her aura of a cat who got a canary. She grinned down at him which Felix ignored.

His panic forgotten, he stared. No, his eyes were for a very familiar man.

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
243K 15.7K 20
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
160K 3.4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
343K 12.5K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...