Promise | Golden Guard [Rewri...

By D0UBLE-STANDARDS

[Language] You are the Golden Guard's best friend and partner. As he is known as the 'Golden Guard' to everyo... More

|One
|Two
|Four
|Hunter's Palisman Observations
|Five
|Six
|Seven
|Eight
|Nine
|Ten
|Eleven
|Twelve
|Thirteen
|Fourteen
|Fifteen
|Sixteen
|Seventeen
|Eighteen
|Nineteen
|Twenty
Extra: Book fanart
Extra: Y/n, Hunter, and Steve in the Castle
Extra: Things You Should Know About Jake and Liam Before Future chapters
|Twenty-One
|Twenty-Two
|Twenty-Three
|Twenty-four

|Three

5.7K 164 589
By D0UBLE-STANDARDS

You groaned as you started to find consciousness. 

"Fuck my life..." You muttered sitting up, holding your head. Your eyes start to focus and you notice that you landed in a tree...? 

You jumped down and looked at your surroundings. There were these yellow balls surrounding trees, making the thicket glow.

The ground was covered in dirt, not grass though. "Wait..." You widen your eyes. "Where's Hunter?!" 

You spun around and came face to face with Luz. You thanked the Titan you still had your mask-

"You're really attractive." Luz said humming. 

You touched your face. WHERE'S MY MASK?!

You press your lips together. You realized she held Hunter's staff. But...where was yours? The two of you heard a light whistling sound and ducked. 

You made your way to the edge of the thicket and saw Kikimora. 

"Ugh, I've always hated her..." You muttered.

Luz looked at you. "Really?"

"Yea- HEY THAT'S MY STAFF!" You whisper-screamed. "And the Golden Guard's mask!" 

Luz shushes you. Kikimora indeed had your staff and Hunter's mask. 

The same monster that attacked the ship landed in front of Kikimora- and she cooed in a soft voice, "Excellent work, my pet~" she rubbed its hand like snout. 

Luz covered her mouth, containing a muffled gasp. Your eyes widen and your mouth felt dry. Kikimora continued. She held up your staff and Hunter's mask to the monster's mouth.

"Now find the rest of the two and have yourself a nice little snack..." 

The monster nodded before taking the two things in its mouth. In an instant as the monster chewed, your staff and Hunter's mask was destroyed.

"No!"  You whispered.

Luz looked back at Hunter, worried. Then you. But you were too focused at the loss of your staff. You've had that staff since you were, what? Nine?

Belos had given you that staff when you were promoted to training with the future Golden Guard: Hunter.

That staff had been a gift and it's been through a lot with you. Now it was gone...

The red palismen Luz had showed up and chirped at Luz. She glanced at it before looking at you and Hunter.

"Don't worry," She told it. "I won't leave them."

Luz grabbed your arm pulling you to Hunter. She leaned down, firmly holding the staff. "This is the Golden Guard?" Luz asked.

"Yeah, so?" You replied, a little too defensively. You found the Golden Guard amazing, thank you very much.

Though you'd never tell him that. Don't want him to think you're a simp.

"You guys look like you could be students at Hexide..." She muttered glancing at you and Hunter.

"Really?" You asked raising your eyebrows. You suppose you and Hunter could. You were both sixteen, after all. But you weren't sure how to feel.

Hunter kept his face hidden from the human for as long as they had to interact. Heck, Luz didn't even know his name!

It didn't sit right with you how she now knew what he looked like. There was this squirming feeling in your gut and you felt angry. 

And that anger started to flare up when she started to lean into Hunter...as if to kiss him.

"Hey!" You started, irritated. "Get yo-"

Then she slapped Hunter. "Wake up!" She snapped.

He woke up quick enough and you held back a smile. The look on his face, though. 

You snorted and Hunter saw Luz. "Wha- YOU!"

She put her hand over his mouth. "SHH!" She shushed him. "You two are bad people!" Luz started glance at you and Hunter. "And I do not like either of you!"

"Ouch, man, no need to get so aggressive," You said, crossing your arms, pretending to be in pain.

Luz glared at you before turning to Hunter again. "BUT,  Kikimora is trying to kill you two and unfortunately, I'm too nice to let that happen."

It's quiet for a few seconds before Luz pulled her hand away abruptly. "BLUGH- ARE YOU LICKING MY HAND?!" She exclaimed disgusted. "I'm trying to help you guys!" 

She shoved her hand in Hunter's face, making you burst out laughing as Hunter shoved his hand back at Luz's face, pushing her away. "Why should I believe you?!" Hunter exclaimed angrily.

You held your stomach giggling because they are acting so much like siblings.

They got into this shoving-face fight when you hear a loud growl. You broke the up. "Shut up!" You hissed.

It goes quiet as they looked around.

Kikimora's monster came between the trees and you widen your eyes, frozen. Why are you freezing up at the sight of this monster? 

You cursed yourself mental. Move!  You tell your feet. Run!

You felt warm in your hand and a big yank in your arm. Hunter had jumped up, grabbing your hand and pulled you with him, Luz leading the way.

The monster reached where you would have been and found Hunter's left behind cloak. You should ditch yours, too...

You pulled off the cloak, throwing it to the side before Luz continued on, making Hunter pull you with him.

You walked through town, looking around curiously. Luz ended up following you and Hunter instead of the other way around. Hunter's hand held your firmly and you could tell he didn't trust Luz to be around you.

Which was understandable. After what happened on the ship. Fucking hell, Y/n, why didn't you use your fancy magic on Luz?

But did Hunter really have to hold your hand? Not that you were complaining; obviously you held his hand back happily. You still wondered. 

You glanced back at Luz who was smirking at you two. You looked at Hunter, whose face looked stormy.

She caught up with you guys and let out a breathy sigh. "Woo, man, Kikimora must hate you!" Luz said trying to make conversation. 

Hunter squeezed your hand and you got the message: Don't interact with the human. I'm angry.

He reminded you of that meme, 'no talk me, im angy' 

You decided not to push it, and swung your connected hands back and forth, ignoring the human and smiling because Hunter seemed to relax at the gesture. You thought you saw a small smile, but it vanished when Luz spoke again.

"Whoa. I haven't been out of Bonesborough that much...Latissa is cool-"

Hunter made an abrupt turn and Luz protests. "Wha- HEY!" She complained. She caught up with you two. "Where are you guys going?"

When both of you don't respond, she narrowed her eyes and said, "Hey, man, I just saved your lives! The least you could do is tell me your names!"

Hunter made a grunt, giving Luz the stink eye before walking faster. You made your way to a bunch of coven scouts. 

Hunter let go of your hand and stood taller. "Scouts, direct us to your communications room." He said in a commanding voice. 

You smirked. Hot. You froze. Wait...I didn't say that.

He showed the tattoo on his wrist as you mirror his actions. "I need to contact the castle immediately."

The guards looked at your tattoos and snorted. "Cute. I didn't know kids your age were still into temporary tattoos."

The other spoke. "Yeah, show us your badge number."

You noticed Hunter was getting worked up so you spoke for him. "He's actually your superior, and he can prove it. Human, give him his staff!" You said to Luz. 

She looked at the staff before holding hit behind her. You and Hunter stare at Luz in shock.

"It's a little late for you kids to be outside." The second guard said, his voice arrogant.

The first guard turned away. "Yeah, go home before we call your parents." And with that...they left.

Ooh, if your staff wasn't eaten by that monster, you would have hit them so hard with your magic-

You felt your arm get yanked again and suddenly you were running after the human. Ah, yes. Let's go kill that human because this is all her fault.

As the three of you ran, Hunter knocked down a cat. "Hunter!" You protested and stopped. "I'm so sorry," You said helping the cat up. You grabbed his basket and put his fish in it. 

As a thanks, that little pussy scratched your face. "You bitch!" You snapped. You kicked over the basket and walked off holding your face. Ugh, so rude.

You ran in the direction of the voices. You heard Luz's teasing voice.

"Come on, Golden Guard~" She teased. "Don't you know some levitation spells?"

You felt your face heat up and you ball your fists. Don't get mad, Y/n. She doesn't know. You told yourself.

Hunter's didn't respond, making her sound actually serious. "Are...Are you powerless without this?" She pointed at the staff.

Hunter turned to walk away and saw him run back, and jump on different things near the building, and you watched him land on the roof. She shot magic at him a few times.

So fit, dang. You shook your head. No. Stop. Not the time.

"B-Back up!" She said shaking. "Or...Or else!"

You climbed up the roof and saw her. She was on the building next to the one you were on.  You ran forward and jumped across the space between the two buildings and landed behind Luz.

She didn't notice.

"Or else...what?" Hunter said, his voice calm as he started toward Luz. "You gonna blast me to bits?" He chuckled. "Nah, you're too nice for that."

You smirked, coming up closer from behind Luz as she tried to back up. "Fly away?" You question softly. She jumped startled and saw you. "Uh uh, you know you can't do that either, because you'd be leaving behind your precious palismen.~"

Hunter crossed his arms, smiling slyly. "You don't tend to think things though, do you, human?"

Luz started to sweat when there was a loud roar. All of you turn and saw Kikimora's monster land in front of the headquarters.

It had the palismen nest!

"So, Kikimora was after our catch?" Hunter murmured, walking to stand next to you.

You nodded once staring at the huge monster a few feet away.

Luz smirked and pointed Hunter's staff at you two. "Seems like none of us want her to win right now," She said quietly. "Soooo, let's work together to take back those palismen!"

Hunter glanced at you with a bored expression. He looked back at Luz, crossing his arms. "Then what?" He asked, irritated. "You think we'll just let you walk away with them?"

Luz grinned. "MAYBE, you won't have a choice!" She started to spin the staff with one hand. "I'm more formidable than you think!" She loses balance and almost drops the staff, catching it in the nick of time. She laughed nervously.

You snort as Hunter said, "I doubt that." He closed his eyes before sighing. "But...Fine. A truce till then."

You raised your eyebrows. 

"You good with that?" Hunter asked, looking at you. 

"Yeah, just don't start making out with her out of nowhere." You said turning away to look at the monster. 

You didn't like this. But who are you to judge? This truce could help Hunter get the palismen for your guys' mission.

"Y/n, that's fucking gross." Hunter said disgusted.

You felt relieved at that response. "Hey, only a joke." You faced them and Luz held out her hand to Hunter. 

"Truce!" She said grinning. Hunter looked away from you to look at Luz and watched her hand for a second. 

He let out a sigh, reaching for it. Luz lifted her hand up and put it behind her head. "Heh heh, too slow~"

She laughed before turning around and running. Hunter groans and pulled your arm. "Let's get this over with..." He muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1.1K 14
"𝘖𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵~ 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐'𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥�...
44.3K 1.4K 15
*not my chartarcter most if not all belong to the owl house image was found on Google* [i have edited this book to the best of my abilities and from...
2.6K 79 1
I saw the lack of Hunter/Reader Fanfic so I knew I had to make some. This story is about YOU! You are a witch who wants to join the Emperor's Coven b...
11.5K 565 12
After the golden guard has a small encounter with the Blight's son, he approaches his uncle with an idea that was completely unrelated to the encount...