i know your name | peter park...

By jaylovesced

"He knows my name." he says to himself in a panic. "He saw my camera, it had my name on it. He knows my name... More

one
three

two

6 0 0
By jaylovesced

It's about three hours after Peter stopped by when Alison and Mark are getting home.

"Aubrey? We're back." Alison says when they walk through the door.

"Hey, we're in here." Aubrey whispers as loud as she can from the living, still positioned on the couch as she was hours ago.

"Hey." Alison says softly with a smile as she walks through the door.

"Hi, Lily didn't eat, I tried to feed her but she wouldn't take it. I made some mac and cheese for me and Jenna like two hours ago. Then we watched The Little Mermaid again and she fell asleep halfway through." Aubrey says. Alison walks over to take Lily from her to bring her up to bed. "Uh, Mark, Peter from down the street stopped by, said he needed your help with something in his house."

"Oh yeah, his Uncle Ben called me a bit ago. They had some flooding in their basement. Needed some tools."

"Got it. Do you guys need anything else?"

"No, you can head out sweetie, thank you." Alison says, walking over and handing Aubrey her cash.

"Alright. Goodnight guys." she bid with a smile, closing the door behind.

She starts making her way down the street towards her house.

Just as she approaches her front porch, a certain now bespectacled boy catches her eye from his upstairs window.

He sees that she's noticed him and sends her an awkward wave.

She sends a small wave and a smile back.

She makes her way inside, ready to collapse into her bed.

She was exhausted from the day and had to be up early for her Oscorp internship with Gwen tomorrow. They had a new group of interns coming in for their first day and she and Gwen were co-leading the tour.

She quickly places her bag down on the floor by the front door, her parents still not home from work at the hospital. She gives Stella a quick pet on the head before finally heading upstairs for bed.

🕷🕷🕷

The next morning, Aubrey wakes up extra early to get ready for her day. She heads downstairs to have a quick breakfast with her parents before she heads out.

"Morning sweetie." her mom, Andrea says from the kitchen.

"Morning ma." She walks in to see her mom plating eggs and bacon for the two of them. "Where's dad?"

"He got paged, there was an emergency about two hours ago."

Aubrey sat and ate her breakfast, having small conversation with her mom before grabbing her stuff to head out. It's a pretty quick walk from her house to the bus stop to take her to Oscorp, so she plugs her headphones into her phone to listen to some music on her way.

Once she gets to the building, she heads straight up to the floor she and Gwen need to be on to get situated for the day.

"Hey, there you are." Gwen says approaching Aubrey, already in her lab coat.

"Hi." she lets out breathily, realizing she's a few minutes late. "There was this old lady on the bus that got off and then realized she was at the wrong stop so that took a few minutes." she rolls her eyes at the events of her bus ride.

Gwen laughs and hands her her lab coat that she hadn't even realized she was holding.

"Thanks." she says quietly, putting it on.

She and Gwen quickly go over everything they need to do and what they need to show and tell the new interns when they arrive.

About 15 minutes later, the girls head out by the escalators to greet the new teens.

"Welcome to Oscorp." Gwen starts, getting the group's attention. "I'm Gwen Stacy."

"And I'm Aubrey Roland, we're seniors at Midtown Science."

"And head interns to Dr. Connors," Gwen continues. "So we'll be with you for the duration of your visit."

"Where we go you go, basic rule. If you follow it, you should be perfectly fine." Aubrey adds. "If you forget that, well then–"

She's cut off by a voice screaming from downstairs.

"Listen, tell them Rodrigo Guevara is down here." she hears, peaking over the railing to see what the commotion was. "Please! Just tell them Rodrigo Guevara is down here!"

"I guess I don't need to tell you what happens if you forget that." Gwen continues on with the introduction. "Shall we?"

And the tour begins.

The girls begin walking, the group following. They take them first to a lab.

"Come around this way." Gwen instructs.

"Good afternoon girls."

"Dr. connors." They greet the doctor in unison.

"Welcome. My name is Dr. Curtis Connors. Yes, in case you're wondering, I'm a southpaw. I'm not a cripple, I'm a scientist, and the world's foremost authority on herpetology. That's reptiles, for those of you who don't know. Like the Parkinson's patient, who watches on in horror as her body...slowly betrays her, or the man with macular degeneration...whose eyes grow dimmer each day, I long to fix myself. I want to create a world without weakness. Anyone care to venture a guess just how?" he starts before calling on one of the teens. "Yes."

"Stem cells?" the guy answers.

"Promising, but the solution I'm thinking of is more...radical," he says. "Anyone?"

"Cross-species genetics." someone speaks up from the back. The group quickly splits to make this mystery person known, and low and behold, it's none other than Peter Parker.

What the heck?

Aubrey quickly leans over to Gwen to check for his name on the tablet she's holding.

It's not there.

"Person gets parkinsons when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear." Peter continues. "But a zebrafish has the ability to regenerate cells on command. If you could somehow give those abilities to the woman you're talking about, that's that. Shes–she's curing herself."

"Yeah, you just have to look past the gills on her neck." the other intern says, causing the rest of the group to let out their own chuckles, as Dr. Connors quickly and quietly shushes them.

"A-and you are?"

There's a beat of silence.

"He's uh, one of Midtown's best and brightest." Aubrey answers.

"Really?"

"Mhm, third in his class."

"Oh."

"Third?" Peter speaks up.

"Yeah." she quietly answers back.

"You sure about that?"

"Pretty sure." she says even quieter.

He smirks at her from the back of the group as Dr. Connors' phone rings.

"Duty calls." he says, ready to answer the phone. "Ill leave you all in the capable hands of Miss Stacy and Miss Roland. Nice meeting you all."

Just as he walks away, a hologram appears in front of the group, ready to present some research going on in the lab.

"You guys can just gather around here." Aubrey tells the teens.

Just as the hologram begins presenting, she catches Peter trying to sneak off, catching him before he can get far.

"Hi." she says with a grin, causing him to turn around. He clears his throat, not saying anything. "Where you goin' Rodrigo?"

"Oh yeah." he says breathily, with an identical grin, looking down at the badge on his jacket.

"What are you doing here?"

"I work here. I don't work here. I was gonna say I work here, but it seems that you in fact work here so you know that I don't in fact work here." he rambles, completely stumbling over his words.

There it is again.

"You following me parker?" she asks, grinning a bit wider.

"No, I'm not following you." he laughs. "I'm not, I had no idea you worked here."

"Then why are you here?" she giggles.

"I snuck in because I..." he starts, Aubrey raising her eyebrows at him, encouraging him to continue. "I love science."

"You love science." she says amusedly, not buying his excuse.

"I'm passionate about it, actually." he says. "So I snuck in."

"So you snuck in." she says quietly. "I have to go help Gwen, so we will talk about this later. Don't get me in trouble." she says, pointing a finger at him.

"I won't." he says with a cheeky smile.

"Stay with the group." She walks back to stand next to Gwen as they finish off explaining some research.

The girls go about the rest of the tour, Aubrey realizing right away that Peter had disappeared.

He better not do anything stupid.

She decided that she would stop by his house later to talk to him more about it, but by the end of the tour, she just wanted to get home and put on some comfy clothes.

Though her plan was to go see Peter that day, she ended up falling asleep before she could even change out of her clothes.

It wasn't until early the next morning that she woke up, confused as to when she fell asleep.

She decided she might as well start her day early, so she got up and showered.

After getting ready, she thought maybe now she'd go to peters.

When she stepped outside, she was surprised to see the boy sitting on the roof of his front porch.

What the heck?

"Peter?" she shouted, walking across the street towards the house.

He quickly looked up from what he was doing, hearing his name being called.

"Peter, what are you doing?" she asks with a laugh once she reaches the house.

"Homework." he says, giving her a shy smile.

"On the roof."

"On the roof." he repeats.

Just then, Peter's Uncle Ben emerges from the house.

"Peter, what're you doin up there?"

"Homework." the two teens say to the older man in unison.

"Oh, hello Aubrey." he says sweetly to the girl. "You didn't tell me you were having company, Peter."

"I didn't know I was." he said jokingly.

"I was just stopping by to talk to Peter for a few minutes. About a school thing." she says sweetly to the man.

"Ah got it. I'll leave you kids to it." he nods. "Peter, be careful." he says as he disappears into the house.

"So..." Peter starts.

"Where'd you go?" she starts, getting straight to the point. He looks at her, feigning confusion. "Yesterday. You disappeared."

"Oh yeah, I uh, I had to get home. Aunt May needed help with something in the house."

"Oh, I see." she says, not convinced. "Well I guess I'll leave you to your homework then. Maybe I'll go in and say hi to Aunt May." she teases.

Peter stills for a second, but relaxes once he sees she's only joking.

"Bye, Peter."

"Bye." he says quietly.

a/n: hiiiiiiiii chapter two after literally a year....

sorry:)

i haven't been able to watch the movie to write with it bc i cannot keep renting it and my dad didn't wanna buy it for me. buttt its on disneyplus now so i can watch and write. definitely expect more updates from this book in the next few weeks.

anyway i rly don't know why im writing this, i don't think this book has any readers. to whoever reads this whenever--hiiiiiii

ok bye:)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
955K 36.1K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
872K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
122K 5.6K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...