The More You Gain, The Less Y...

Od amyrose246

Sequel to "The More You Hate, The More You Love" A year has passed, the events of Mission: Neo has passed, a... Viac

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Sneak Peak + Author's Note.
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Author's Note
Announcement
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Important Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 20

509 20 13
Od amyrose246

"No, we can't take the risk. Ali's situation is highly vulnerable." The deep voice of Agent Rizwan was heard, he was leaning against the metallic wall of the area.

Another agent, one dressed in white with red designs, holding a tablet in hand, frowned. "Our agents are more on first aid, general and for combat purposes. I already held a meeting with the best tekno agents in the department. But none of them are knowledgeable in helping Ali." She spoke, lowering her eyelids. "Only... Former Agent Jenny is knowledgeable in neuroscience." She added.

The bitter taste of mentioning that traitor's name, it was making her scowl. But in reality, she knew she needs that woman, she's the only one knowledgeable of both Ali and M.A.T.A., her expertise in neuroscience based from how she studies Ali and I.R.I.S. years ago, it can be the only way to help him recover.

Agent Rizwan didn't like the thought, he gazed up on Agent Geetha, whose frown never left her expression. "You're stressing yourself out too much. I'm sure we can find a way—"

"No, Agent Rizwan." She cut him off mid-sentence. "What if we can't find a way? Ali is in grave danger as we speak. We have utterly no idea where Vikram is and our enemies WILL take that as an advantage!" she spoke, her tone raising and causing alarm from others around.

Agent Rizwan sighed, he took Agent Geetha's hand and took her outside in the halls, far from earshot of other tekno agents in the department.

When they were far enough, Agent Rizwan paused. "Don't make it seem like you're the only one worried about him. I too, am greatly worried about his state and well-being. But stressing too much over it will only deteriorate our health, especially yours." He explained lightly tightening his hold onto Agent Geetha's hand tenderly.

Agent Geetha looked at their hands, before looking up at Agent Rizwan back again.

She never mentioned this, but Agent Rizwan looked alluring whenever he shows this side of him, the side that screams 'concern' in bold letters, the type of concern that would totally make anyone melt with how he acts.

But then again, Agent Geetha isn't eighteen to do so, nor to think that way.

She cleared her throat, adverting her gaze. "Maintain your distance, please." She spoke.

Agent Rizwan was a bit surprised and eventually released her hand from his hold. "Sorry." He mumbled, low but audible enough for Agent Geetha.

Suddenly, before any of them could speak, their phones began alarming, their phones displayed the M.A.T.A. symbol in customized colored backgrounds. Agent Rizwan didn't need to take a look in order to know what he means.

He held Agent Geetha's hand gently and led her down the halls. "Come on, the General is calling." He said, his voice low and smooth.

None of them had realized that their hands are linked together, they were more concerned as to what the General would want at this time.

Unless... it concerns Ali?

They arrived, Ali and Alicia were already there, but Ali seemed to be a few feet away from Alicia. He was more on right behind Agent Bakar.

The general eyed how Agent Geetha and Agent Rizwan were holding hands but didn't question it. He is well aware of Agent Geetha's mental breakdown after Ali's incident, the man is probably giving some kind of emotional support.

"Ali, step out of the briefing room, you are not needed." He said, which made all eyes to look over at the boy.

Ali felt terrified when all eyes were at him, but he made no noise and left.

Unknown to them, he dropped one of his spintops down on the ground without anyone noticing.

When the young tekno was gone, the General's gaze became stern and serious.

"Our inviso agents have caught intel of Vikram's appearance. It is assumed that he might be planning to strike tonight in one of the powerplants to get Azurium crystals. I want you to observe what he does, leave only but one small Azurium crystal. Don't engage, we need to find out what he is up to." The General explained, data and sheets of information was scattered on the holographic table that displayed such information which was attained by the inviso agents.

Alicia eyed the information in front of her. "Should Vikram cause a disturbance, are we permitted to attack?" she questioned, her arms crossed and utter seriousness could rival those of her father's.

The General allowed a hum to escape his throat. "Should he do as you predict, arrest him." He said, glancing over at the others. "Dismissed." He finished before his transmission ended.

Alicia and the other three agents looked at each other. "Let's move." She instructed, being the neuro of the team. Funny, how she leads the adults but that doesn't matter, Agent Leon is probably leading other agents in case they couldn't handle the situation as precise as they are currently doing.

When they turned to leave the room, they were surprised to see Ali there, sheepishly rubbing his forearm.

"I dropped something, hehe." He said, went inside to pick up his spintop and leaving without another word.

Alicia stared blankly at Ali's retreating form, but she didn't mind it, nor did she give any opinion on what the boy is up to.

With Ali on the other hand, he rushed over to his assigned dorm room, shutting the door and gripping his hold onto the spintop.

The cat, Comot, was there with him, equally curious to what Ali is up to.

Ali tinkered with his spintop for a few seconds before a holographic screen appeared before him, and the recording of the meeting played.

"So, they're looking for Vikram." He thought, watching thoroughly and listening intently on the words of the General.

He needs to find Vikram Chandra, he could be the only one who could tell him of what truly happened, because he is heavily informed.

"It seems like they are trying to hide this from me, do they, Comot?" the young tekno looked down at his cat, who meowed for a few moments. But the young tekno couldn't make out what the cat was saying.

He managed to understand the programming of his spintop and managed to put it to good use. Right now, he needs to meet Vikram. And when he does, no one should know.

They wouldn't know...

*~*~

That night, the sky was cloudless, it was but an empty void with only the half-crescent moon. There were not much people, as they were supposedly going to their own homes to call it a day.

Although, except for a certain figure, however.

A young tekno agent was sneaking around the entrance, managing to enter the premises without being spotted.

There were security guards in the area, but he managed to distract them long enough to get in.

This was the first time that he enters the powerplant without anyone, not after that accident. But either way, the area seemed greatly familiar to him. As if he has been here for many occasions before.

He told Comot to be quiet as he snooped around the area, trying to navigate the place but it was near impossible. He has no idea on how big this place could be. The only thing he is aware of is that he is currently on the bridge on where the reactors are, the main control module must be nearby here somewhere.

That is, if he knows.

Comot has been quietly meowing, telling Ali something about turning around and leaving since this was a bad idea to begin with but Ali didn't really understand. It was like Comot was a stranger to him, he has no idea what the feline was trying to imply.

Of course, their little journey was cut short when Ali picked up voices nearby.

'Oh crap—Alicia!' Ali thought in panic and rushed forward as fast as he could, no way he could get caught when he is this close to finding the truth!

He rushed inside a room, a control module to be exact. Though he wasn't really looking at where he's going and ended up tripping on a couple of whatever projectiles that were on the ground.

He released a surprised yelp as his foot got stuck onto something. He fell on the ground with an 'oof', lowly grumbling on how in pain he feels. But fright soon overpowered his feeling of fear when he saw it.

A pair of black shoes over long and beige pants. He could only look up to see someone who he feels like he's seen before. Someone who he used to know.

His body began trembling in fear, he didn't know why, but his body trembled when his eyes met with deep, black orbs of the man.

"H-hello." Ali spoke lowly, his eyes never leaving the man.

It was him, the man he is looking for!

It's Vikram Chandra!

The man furrowed his brows, but a smirk hidden beneath his façade was slightly evident as he knelt down on one knee to face the boy. "Why hello there. Having you stumble onto me is something that I least expected, Ali." He spoke, his voice slightly sinister.

Ali was frightened, his body acted on its own. He subconsciously moved to the point he was sitting and slowly scooting backwards to avoid the man's advances.

"I-I just want to... know what happened." Ali prevented himself from stuttering as much as possible.

But the man gave a confused expression despite his earlier sinister one. "What are you talking about?" he said, blinking twice. "You know what happened." He added.

Ali could only advert his gaze; his body trembled a bit from the man's resounding voice. "I-I can't remember... I don't remember anything." Ali spoke, his eyes looked as if they were clouded, confusion evident in his expression.

That was the time when the man thought about what happened, he heard of what happened and how the young tekno was injured. But he never knew nor expected that it was this severe.

If his suspicions were correct, the boy does not remember anything? Well, he can't take the risk. What if he's pretending so M.A.T.A. could catch him?

"Why are you looking for me then?" he asked, eyeing the boy from head to toe. His vulnerable looking figure just makes him want to snap him into pieces like what he should've done days back.

The young tekno bit his lip slightly. "They won't tell me what happened... only you were directly involved with the accident. Please, I need to know what really happened." He pleaded; his eyes were of genuine sincerity.

His expression, his tone, his eyes, it was enough to convince Vikram that the boy really does indeed not remember anything.

He was about to ask more questions when he heard fighting and projectiles smashing onto one another outside the main control module.

He inwardly cursed; he should have known that those pesky agents were around.

He noticed how the young tekno was also tensed, as if he doesn't want to get caught when he immediately went on his feet and hid behind Vikram, disregarding his earlier fright.

The agents were nearing the control module, and he had to act fast. Getting caught will only bring all of his hard work into nothing.

So, with a swift motion, he took out a small syringe by his coat's pocket and jabbed the tip onto Ali's neck. A slight yelp of pain and surprise escaped the young tekno's lips before Vikram pulled the needle out.

It only took a few seconds before the young tekno's eyes closed and his body collapsed onto Vikram.

Comot hissed after seeing the hostility and lunged at Vikram, but one of Vikram's men intercepted and threw the feline as far as he could, making the cat hit the wall head on and fall limp on the ground.

The bald man didn't look back twice before hoisting the unconscious form of the young tekno agent and fleeing the area immediately.

No one would know a thing.

Nobody.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

606 11 8
This is the new story and by that I'm adding new characters from Ejen Ali. If non of my malay fans know. Ejen Ali is a Malaysian animation but I will...
233K 6.1K 65
I could hear her heart race and her breath get heavy. When she looked up at me, I saw tears run down her red cheeks. She flipped over onto her back a...
5.1K 326 22
Following his father's footsteps, Agent K2, started his training at the age eighteen to become a successful agent just like his father. Seven years l...