Promise | Golden Guard [Rewri...

By D0UBLE-STANDARDS

[Language] You are the Golden Guard's best friend and partner. As he is known as the 'Golden Guard' to everyo... More

|One
|Three
|Four
|Hunter's Palisman Observations
|Five
|Six
|Seven
|Eight
|Nine
|Ten
|Eleven
|Twelve
|Thirteen
|Fourteen
|Fifteen
|Sixteen
|Seventeen
|Eighteen
|Nineteen
|Twenty
Extra: Book fanart
Extra: Y/n, Hunter, and Steve in the Castle
Extra: Things You Should Know About Jake and Liam Before Future chapters
|Twenty-One
|Twenty-Two
|Twenty-Three
|Twenty-four

|Two

5.9K 164 352
By D0UBLE-STANDARDS

"Titan, Hunter this is so boring!" You complain. You were flying for about an hour.

"If you're so bored, then why don't you actually look around for the palismen nest, Y/n?" Hunter said frowning. 

"Maybe I will." You said walking away from him, and to the edge of the ship. You were hovering over the Hexside school grounds. You look around for a second before pointing at the Grudgby field. "Hunter, there it is!" You said.

Hunter landed and you jumped off the edge using your staff to teleport side to side, making sure you landed on the ground lightly. 

You faced the palismen nest and heard a faint snore. You shrugged, deciding that it was your imagination.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Hunter called down.

You gave a thumbs up. "Yeah! Let me hook this up to the ship and I'll come up!"

"Alright!"

You jumped up and pulled down the hook, attaching it to the nest. You teleported up the ship and fell short. You grabbed hold of the edge of the ship. Hunter came over and quickly pulled you on the ship. 

He touched your back. "Are you alright?" He said leaning forward to see your mask.

You smiled behind your mask. "Yes, thank you for asking, dear Hunter. So polite!" You laughed. "You worry about me a lot."

He rolled his eyes. "Oh shut up." He grunted. "If you didn't almost die, like, all the time then maybe I wouldn't worry."

You skipped behind him as he made his way to the helm. "You worry about me, Goldilocks? You admit it?" You tease.

Hunter turned his head to look at you, narrowing his eyes. Though, you couldn't see. "Even though you're a pain in my ass, I actually care about you. You're, like, my best friend. Excuse me for worrying about you."

You raised your eyebrows. "Wow, you got real there, Hunter." 

He didn't say anything, he just made the ship fly higher. You put your arms around his neck making him tense. You hugged him, putting your head on the nape of his neck. Hunter relaxed but kept quiet.

"I care about you too, Hunter." You said in a soft voice that if anyone else was on the ship, only he would hear it.

"Good." He said, his voice cracking slightly. You lifted your head and put your chin on his shoulder, though your arms were still around his neck. 

"So, back to the castle?" You asked. 

"Yeah, if things go smoothly." Hunter said, moving some levers.

"Then we can cuddle, right?" You questioned hopefully. 

The thing you had said a second ago had made Hunter soften, so he sighed. "Sure,"

You squeezed him in your hug before letting go. "Bet!" 

You moved to the side of him. "Do we have a mission tomorro-" You stopped. You heard a thud and you turned your head, your eyebrows furrowing. "Uh, Hunter?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear that?"

He looked at you, confused. "Hear what?"

"Um.." Your voice trailed off as the ship became quiet. 

"Y/n?" Hunter touched your shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." You said shaking your head. "It must have been my imagination." 

Hunter hesitated before turning back to the helm. "Alright."

You walked to the edge of the ship and peered down. Your eyes widen. It's that human girl, Luz!

Luz opened her mouth, holding a leaf.

"H-" You start before she hit you across the head in a panic. She caught your unconscious body and silent put it on the ship ground before hopping on the ship. 

Luz creeped across it and ended up right behind Hunter, oblivious to everything that just happened. 

She slammed her leaf glyph on Hunter's back. "Hiiii-yah!" Luz yelled.

Hunter turned his head. "Huh?" He saw you on the ground and widened his eyes. "Y/n- WHoA-!" There was an explosion and he flew around the ship. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" 

He flew around like a balloon for a second before being thrown off the ship. She smiled nervously. "He'll be fine!" She said. 

Luz looked around. "Okayy, how do I land this thing?" She muttered. "Hm..."

After a few seconds she heard, "Oh, you just pull that cord above your head."

She looked up and saw the cord. Luz lit up. "Oh, thank y-EH?!" She turned her head and saw Hunter: back and not at all hurt.

"Hiii~" He sang, a smile in his voice. He raised his staff as it started to glow. Luz was thrown back as rope tied around her. 

Her back hit the metal cabinet a few feet away from your body. Chill, you're not dead. But, your dumbass decided to wake up now.

You sat up holding your masked forehead, groaning. You saw the human tied up and then Hunter on the front edge of the ship.

"Hey!" She snapped angrily. 

Hunter brushed himself off while saying, "Good to see you too, Human." He saw you were awake and breathing and seemed to relax slightly.

"Why are you guys stealing palismen, Golden Guard?!"

"Frankly," Hunter started before teleported and stopped face to face with the human. "You should be more concerned about yourself! For the crime of...rocketing me off my own ship and attacking the Silver Soldier, you'll be locked in the dingiest cell in the Conformatorium for the rest of your sad little life!" He hissed.

"Pffft, whatever, I already broke out there, like, twice." Luz said rolling her eyes, smiling.

Hunter turned toward you. "THEN, we'll just zap you to dust and throw you into the sea." He said. "That better?"

Luz pouted. "Hmgh."

"Good," Hunter said lightly and held out his hand to you. "Is your head okay?"

You took his hand and he pulled you up. "Yeah. Just a little dazed. Thanks," You looked at the human who was watching you two with interest. "I knew I heard something..."

"Well, it's okay. Come on, we need head back to the castle." He pulled you to the front of the ship, gripping your hand lightly.

He stopped at the helm and you said, "Golden Guard, I'm fine." You said grinning. 

"I didn't even notice you were hurt until that human shot me off the ship..." Hunter said glaring at the helm. "What kind of frie-...partner..am I?"

He seemed to remember the human was there.

You furrowed you brow. "A great one! You didn't hear me fall, anyone wouldn't have known." You said letting go of his hand to touch his arm.

Hunter glanced at you. "Are you sure you're okay? No concussion?"

You laughed and said, "Yeah! I'm fine. A little headache, but I'll live."

He set his staff to the side before grabbing the helm. The human struggled as it became quiet on the ship.

Out of nowhere, Luz said, "Say, how did you get back on the ship so fast?" She asked. You heard squeaking noises and turned to see her draw a circle.

"Staff~" He sang pointing at it. 

"Cool."

You seemed to realize a little too late. Ice shot at him and the staff. You pulled Hunter to the side as his staff took the hit and flew off the ship.

"NO!" He shouted. Hunter shrugged you off and turned to Luz. "Ohoho, Human, it'll take more than that to thwart my mission!"

Just as he said that, there was a loud growl and the ship shook. A monster landed on the roof and the ship shook more violently.

You fell back into the side of the ship, holding the edge as Luz fell sideways and Hunter fell to the floor.

"What is that?!" Luz yelled.

"What's happening?!" You shout over the roars. 

"I don't know!" Hunter shouted back trying to reach you. He kept falling to the side from the shakes and struggled to get up multiple times.

There was an extremely loud roar before the monster ripped off the cloth roof keeping them in the sky. 

The ship was thrown out of the sky as you all screamed. 

"AHHHHH!" Hunter yelled.

"WAAAAAAAAA!" Luz screeched.

"OHHHHH FUUUUCK!" You yelled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 79 1
I saw the lack of Hunter/Reader Fanfic so I knew I had to make some. This story is about YOU! You are a witch who wants to join the Emperor's Coven b...
24.8K 792 18
A story about how Edric met hunter and how they fell in love as well as their relationship in general. Belos is an asshole, so is kikimora. But edri...
44.3K 1.4K 15
*not my chartarcter most if not all belong to the owl house image was found on Google* [i have edited this book to the best of my abilities and from...
42.3K 1.2K 21
(Completed) Burdened with the heavy-weighing title 'Angle of Chaos', you came to the Boiling Isles to escape a harsh past. After the Golden Guard tr...