Malicious Romance

By Ekphrastic

Sometimes, not every love story can be as idyllic as it should be. Dean Winchester, bred and raised in the ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109 END

Chapter 92

97 3 1
By Ekphrastic

"Boss, the last transaction made was at the ATM near the police station this morning. It seemed like Mr. Winchester had withdrawn a fair amount of money in cash. Besides that, there was no other transaction made using the credit card." A cobra man reported.

Aaron sighed out loud before he hung up the phone. "Let's go to the hospital." He murmured while raising his hand to pinch the bridge of his high nose.

"Yes, sir." Replied, the driver.

After arriving at the hospital, Aaron did not hesitate to make his way into the entrance. "Search for Vincent Kim and Luna Ma. Both of them are physicians here. Then bring them to me." Aaron gave out the order and proceeded to stride toward the empty resting lounge.

He waited on the sofa, legs apart, arms crossed over his chest, and eyes glued to the dark TV screen on the wall. His brows tensed up as he tried to figure out his brother's whereabouts. The area was quiet that it made him almost completely zone out in his own isolated thought.

"Boss, they're here." His man's voice echoed from behind, bringing him back to reality.

Aaron's eyes traced the shadows that grew closer to him from the back. He watched without a blink until the two-person in white coats finally came to stand in front of him.

"What do you want from us? This is the hospital. You can't just-" Vincent raised his voice in a tone full of hatred.

Aaron unlinked his arms and then stand up to cut Vincent off. "Where did you bury that woman?"

"Bury? .... Wherever we buried her, I don't think that is any of your business. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but it is for sure not here." Vincent said.

Luna gulped nervously while glancing over to the other men in black that stood around the lounge in protective manners.

Aaron chuckled in a mocking behavior before his face turned serious again. "Very funny. You see, I am careless about that woman. If it is not because of her, my brother's life wouldn't have been ruined like this either. Now that he had disappeared, I am pretty certain that the only place he would go is that woman's grave. So, tell me already while I am being nice."

Vincent shoved both hands into his lab coat pocket and then glared back at Aaron sharply. "And, what made you believe that the bastard brother of yours would come to look for Giselle? I don't think they are that close to attending each other's funeral."

Aaron clenched his teeth immediately after hearing Vincent's disrespectful words when addressing his brother. "Maybe it's not my brother's funeral that that woman's spirit will be attending, but the next funeral up in line will be yours if you don't shut that filthy mouth." Aaron shook his head hastily and then turned to signal his men with a head nod.

The cobra men hurried to seize both Luna and Vincent aggressively. Luna yelped in panic as her small body frame got yanked back with full strength by rock-hard hands. "We really don't know," Luna said while trying to shake her body out of the strong grasp. "Please... we don't know where Dean goes."

"Why are you telling them?" Vincent hissed at the same time that he shot Aaron a deadly stare. "You're his brother and you don't know. How are strangers like us supposed to know?"

"Ever since last night, we've never seen him again. Please, believe me." Luna begged as she felt the sharp pain pulsating from her biceps where the thick fingers dug into her soft vulnerable skin.

Aaron stood still as a statue for a few seconds in silence as he tried to interpret Luna's words. His light brown eagle-like pupils stayed locked on the female physician while studying her facial expression carefully. "If what you said is not true, you should know what to expect from me." Aaron threatened and then took a few steps in the direction of Luna.

"What the hell do you want?" Vincent asked angrily when seeing Aaron inched closer to the female physician.

Aaron stood unbothered, eyes fixed on the woman across from him while raising his hand to seize the edge of her white coat. Slowly his index finger traced upward before using his thumb to play with the white circular button and then unbuttoned them one by one.

Luna resisted by swinging her body side to side before the guy behind her tightened his grip and held her tighter.

"Keep your fucking hands off of her," Vincent raised his voice through his gritted teeth while raising one leg to try and kick from a distance.

Aaron's brows drew together as he pulled the coat gently apart, to look at the pastel blue blouse underneath it. He stared at her chest area which was heaving up and down uncontrollably. Then in half of a second, his dangerous eyes shot back up to glare at Luna at the same time that he let go of her coat, allowing the two sides of the opening to close again over her bulging blouse. "Your white coat is very beautiful... But if you are deceiving me... You will lose the right to ever put it on ever again." He threatened calmly.

Aaron shot Vincent a look filled with judgment before he turned around to walk away carelessly as if nothing had ever happened.

His two men hurried to let go of both clinicians while following the rest of the other members out after their boss.

On the other hand, Dean hopped into the back seat of an Uber car. "To the airport." He instructed before closing his eyes at the same time that he settled his head backward.

"Are you alright?" The middle-aged Uber driver asked as he glanced at the rearview mirror to see Dean's face filled with exhaustion.

Instead of responding immediately, Dean opened his eyes to glance at the rearview mirror. He took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly. He shook his head no slightly while his mouth replied, "Yes." Then he went quiet again as the train of thoughts began to circulate in his mind.

Where am I going?

I can't even return to my own place. I don't want to go back to live that life again. I just don't want to be a part of this organization... I can't do it anymore. I can't...

Where can I go? Who can I rely on? How come I can't think of anyone that doesn't dislike me?

What's wrong with me? What's wrong with this unsettling feeling? It's not like I've never been alone. It's not like this is my first time. But why does it feel so weird and strange? Why do I feel like there is something within me that is missing... I wondered what it is...

I am just like everyone else, right? If I was not raised in this organization then I would've been like everyone.

What's wrong with who I am?

Honestly, I don't know... I'm so confused... I just don't know what to think, feel, or even do... I don't know why but this isolation from everyone makes me feel somewhat anxious and unsettled... Depress? There's no way... I don't think so... I admit that I am defeated and lost after losing Giselle... but I don't think... a person like me would feel depressed... maybe this is what people call the lingering effect of sadness and loss of a loved one... Has this always happened to all of the families who had lost their son and daughter? If so, how are all of the family of my men and my people doing? What was their initial reaction when they heard the news of their beloved child's or their father's disappearance? How did they feel when knowing that an employer like me has never given a single damn about the lives of their significant one or in this case my employees?

This is strange... Why is it that I just realized it now? Why is it that it hurts me and guilt-tripping me...

I shouldn't think...

But, really... I could've done better... as their boss... and brother.

I wished Giselle would be here now... so at least she could hear my story... and maybe comfort me...

Wait... No...

Perhaps I don't deserve it... yeah... I don't deserve to feel love either to be loved by her... It always has been like that since the beginning. I'm no longer surprised. I'm used to this. Right? This empty-shell sentiment shouldn't be anything foreign to me. I've always been living my life this way. That's right... I was never raised like others. I don't need the same purpose as others to live... I should just go my way... That's right... I should be on my way...

I shouldn't be craving for something that I don't deserve to have.

In the end, my mother was right that she chose to give up on me. I should've informed everyone around me to do the same. I should've let Giselle know that it was not worth it. So that way she did not have to try with a person like me. She probably did not have to waste her time on a being that can't be changed.

I am so sorry that I am the reason for your disappearance. But I can't think of any other way out... really... I can't see another way round to compensate. I am so sorry, Giselle. I am so sorry that you had to encounter a person like me.

I've tried to keep you safe with all I could... I didn't know that this idiot me would pull you into this world full of chaos of mine... I am so sorry...

"Sir, are you sure you're okay? Your nose is bleeding." The Uber driver broke the silence, bringing Dean back to himself.

Dean blinked rapidly several times as he wiped his nose with his hand. "Oh." He gulped as he looked at his bloody fingers.

"I got some tissues for ya." The driver said as he came to a stop at the red light and then turned slightly to hand Dean the white tissue papers. "Make sure to not stain my seats. It's not that I'm being rude or anything, but I have to pick up someone else in like an hour after dropping you off."

"Oh, yeah." Dean grabbed the tissue paper and then hurried to wipe his nose. "Thank you." He whispered.

"You're more than a welcome, young man. If you don't feel well, I can take you to the hospital. I won't charge you for the mileage to the hospital so no need to worry about that. After that, I'll drop you off at the airport."

Is he worrying about me?

Strange... because usually... nobody ever cared.

Or does he have some wicked intention towards me? Can I really trust him?

Or perhaps...maybe he is just caring about me as one of his customers... possibly... maybe he is just another human being like everyone else... an innocent one... the one who doesn't share the same mindset as me...

The corner of Dean's lips curved up into a smile unconsciously before it disappeared in just a second. "It's fine. I will just go to the airport so you won't have to miss your next customer."

"Are you sure? You don't look great to me."

Dean wiped his nose with the tissue again and then shook his head. "I'm sure. I'm stronger than you think." He chuckled a bit at the old man's assuring statement.

The uber driver laughed a bit in response. "I don't understand you, young people. Well then... I hope it's nothing as serious... and just make sure to take some medication when you get to the airport. I'm sure that the workers there will have some."

"Definitely," Dean mumbled. After realizing that he was smiling at the thought of someone checking up on him, Dean's lips turned straight again.

Why is he being nice to me?

I hate this feeling. It makes me feel somewhat guilty without knowing a reason why. Is it because I am not used to being this nice and calm to outsiders? I've done so many bad things and faced so many terrifying things that this little bit of kindness kind of left me speechless. What do I have to do now to show him back my 'kindness'? Should I give him more tips? Is that something that he is looking for?

Money? Protection? Or buy him a new car? New house? Perhaps, the title which I held in the cobra?

Suddenly the first few drops of rain hit the car, drawing Dean's attention toward the street outside. It only took a blink of an eye before the lightning flashed, brightening up the city in a split second. The thunder screamed after the light faded out. Dean dropped his head back against the seat as the rain began to get heavier.

"Oh heck no... What a night... I didn't expect this darn rain at all when I left the house today." The old man ranted.

Dean stayed quiet as his eyes stared blankly at the road they drove by.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking..."

Dean turned his head slightly to look at the rearview mirror as he anticipated the old man to continue.

"I've noticed that you don't have any suitcases with you. And since you're wearing a suit, it looks like you're a businessman or some kind of professional worker out there. I just want to ask you something since you seem to have a pretty high education. Are you here for like a business trip or something? Because I have a son. He's studying business management right now. He does a study abroad program. As for me, you know... I haven't been out of this state at all. I just wondered if that kind of job requires a lot of business trip and stuffs in the future. I want my son back home after he graduates or hoping to at least see him more often, you know. I missed him a lot. It's been like three years and a half already since I last saw him."

Dean glanced down at his finger a bit and then smiled unknowingly. How had he wished he had a father like that too? Dean thought before he replied softly. "I guess that would be depending on his position in the company." He shifted his gaze back up with a warm smile still displayed on his dry lips. "Maybe a smaller company would be more localized than the bigger one regarding the meetings places. We have different partnerships for different types of projects we do. So let's say, he can work as the head of his team department. He will have to represent his entire team. They will have to assemble all of their ideas and then propose their novel ideas to the higher up as required. Like I said it would be different for each different company depending on what they do. As for mine, we are very heavy on security, finance, and customers' happiness. But we are also partnering with other companies as well for their high-end products and concepts. I don't think I can sit and explain everything to you all at once here even if I wanted to..."

"No no. That is a very good summary you just gave me right there."

"If he fits in what the Cobra corporation is looking for, I am highly recommending for him to join them. But for the business aspect, such as finance, concept, designs, and other things that will have nothing to do with security as well as the buy or sell department."

The driver glanced at the rearview mirror for a second in silence before he said, "I will let him know." The man smiled as he turned his car into the road that lead to the airport. "Has it always been this crowded at night?" He pondered as he drove slowly, passing by a bunch of black cars that parked in line near the sidewalk.

Dean turned his head slightly to look through the window with curiosity.

At that moment, he noticed a few men walking in a rushing manner into the entrance door.

Suddenly, Dean felt the car coming to a stop.

"Why am I getting stopped? What the hell is going on today?" The uber driver complained in annoyance before he rolled down his window. "How can I help you?"

"Just checking." Another man in a black suit replied while tilting his head to scan inside the car.

"What are you looking for? I am just an uber driver dropping off my client. I am getting wet now if you don't leave-"

Dean tilted his head slightly to take a better look at the man that stopped their car. The second that he recognized a Cobra pin on the man's blazer, it was already too late.

"Mr. Winchester, is that you?" The man asked. "Guys, he's here!" He turned back and then demanded loudly to the driver. "Get out, right now!"

"Wait... What did I do? What are you guys talking about?"

Dean sat still as his brows furrowed.

"I said, get out of the car!" The same guy raised his voice while sticking his hand inside the car to unlock the driver's door. Soon, the door got swung open, and the driver was forced to step out.

Dean noticed the situation. It only made him even angrier at the sight of the old man getting yanked aggressively. Dean bit his lower lip as the voice of that cobra man won't stop calling for him.

"Mr. Winchester! Please cooperate with us."

Dean sat tight, facing forward while ignoring them.

"Sir, he's inside the car." The guy turned to formally inform another man who was striding closer to the car. He then stepped back one step, allowing his boss to step in.

"Dean," Aaron said in a deep voice. "I've been searching all over the vegas just for you. Do you even know how worried..." He paused and then continued. "Don't just sit there! Can you not hear me?"

Dean clenched his teeth and then turned to make eye contact with his brother. "I quit."

"What?"

"I said, I quit." Dean's voice stayed calm and emotionless while he stared at his brother with a cold gaze.

"Everything over a woman?" Aaron questioned in disbelief.

Dean gulped and replied in a bitter tone. "I have always been wanting to quit. You don't need to bring anyone else into this. It is solely my decision."

"Do you even know what the hell you are talking about? It's not that fucking easy."

"I know... and that is why I am telling you right now. I quit. Whatever will happen to me, let it all happens. I will bare the rest of the consequences."

"Get out of the car first, will you?" Aaron lowered his voice.

"Nothing will change my mind. If the only way out of this is my death, then I will just have to accept my fate."

Aaron closed his right hand into a fist before taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "Come back home first, and let's plan things out one by one."

"Home?" Dean chuckled a bit in ridicule. "Do I even have one?" He then shook his head and responded in a serious voice. "I don't belong anywhere, either anyone, Aaron. So, just let me leave this place already. I will hand over all of the shares and everything that is under my name in the Cobra group to you. I don't need anything... I am sick of living this life. If you are enjoying it so much, then go ahead and enjoy it without me."

Aaron hurried to get inside the driver's seat, and then slammed the door shut. He rolled up the window and then glanced through the rearview mirror. As the atmosphere inside the car became quiet and tensed, he started the conversation again. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Slowly, Dean shifted his gaze to glare at a pair of sharp eyes that was displayed through the mirror. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 665 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
54.8K 2.1K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
15.1K 423 49
Adrik When I claimed her, that was it. I made her mine and betrayed her. She longed for a story that wasn't mine to narrate, so I did the only thing...
1M 27.8K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...