Emo boy - Red velvet cookie X...

By altair_ia

You're a photography student and you see someone perfect for a project you're working on at your local hot to... More

Hey emo boy
Parfait slay
Fishnets and bunny ears
Caffeinated
Puppy love
Raspberry Reprise
Interdimentional Super Mayhem Party
Rise and Shine

Red Velvet gives you a hand

733 36 116
By altair_ia

You slipped on the final piece of clothing Red Velvet had given you. Chiffon stood wagging his tail as you pulled both of your arms through the sleeves and looked at the black sweatpants and red hoodie in the mirror of Red Velvet's room. Your frame was smaller than his and the hoodie all but swallowed you up.
'perfect' you thought to yourself as you breathed in the familiar scent of the hoodie's owner. 'i wonder if I could steal this.' you were immediately ashamed for thinking it.
Banishing the thought from your mind, you folded the clothes you were wearing before carefully stowing them in your bag.
That dress had been through enough, you thought, as the layer of dust and grime from Twizzly's floor was still visible. You would have to apologize to Parfait later on.

You suddenly heard a knock on the door, and realized that you had abandoned Red Velvet in the corridor to change.
"Can I come in yet?" You heard him ask hesitantly.
"I'm finished" You reassured him as you swung open the door to his room.

Red Velvet, who had clearly been leaning on the door, stumbled a little as he entered the room. You went to grab his arm to steady him but he quickly pulled it away. "Ah, I'm fine." He quickly said as he brushed himself off, before standing up straight to look at you.

He stood frozen in place for a second, a light blush visible on his cheeks. You both stood in silence for a second and you gulped at the sudden awkward atmosphere. You attempted to lighten the mood by giving him a twirl
"How do I look?" You joked as the overly long hoodie sleeves flopped around.
'i would probably react the same way if I saw him wearing my clothes...' you thought to yourself as your mind wandered back to that bunny outfit.

Red Velvet's voice quickly banished that thought from your mind. His tone was a lot softer than usual, and his eyes were darting around the room, avoiding looking at you. "I-it looks really good on you." He began, "well, it's a bit big, I can see if I can find anything smaller..." He glanced over to the wardrobe that was plastered top to bottom with pictures of dogs (mostly Chiffon of course)

"No!" You exclaimed, waving your hands in front of you. Or more accurately, the sleeves.
"I mean no, I like this." You reassured him, wrapping your arms closely to your chest as if he would try and take the hoodie away from you.
He looked slightly embarassed once again "Well okay, do what you want." He huffed, although he still couldn't look you in the eye and you could swear you saw the corners of his mouth twitch faintly with the ghost of a smile.

You both stood there in silence for another second. "So what do we do now?" You asked him, wondering what to do with the rest of the day.
He snorted "Well you were the one who insisted on staying." He pointed out.

'I hate when people are right' you thought to yourself.

'but I don't really want to go anywhere..."

"Oh! Why don't we play 20 questions!" You suggested, clasping your hands together at your own genius idea.
Since Red Velvet was still somewhat of a mystery to you.

His eyebrows furrowed and he thought deeply for a second before hesitantly agreeing. "I guess I have nothing better to do..." He mumbled.

"Great!" Your excitement took over for a second and you grabbed his right hand without thinking about it. "Let's sit over there-" you pointed towards the bed with your other hand and made to pull him over towards it.

"Wait, y/n!" His voice sounded panicked for a second and you turned to see his eyes wide and panicked and his feet planted firmly on the floor.

At the same time you heard a clicking sound and you lurched forward as the resistance holding you back suddenly disappeared. You stumbled and looked down at your hand, confused, to find that Red Velvet's hand was still firmly in yours. In fact, you held his entire right arm, no longer connected to his body.
You screamed and spun around in a panic to see Red Velvet still standing by the door, his sleeve hanging empty by his side and a shocked look plastered across his face.

His disconnected arm fell to the floor with a thud and you both just stood there staring at it, your mouth still hanging open. "W-WHAT?" You yelled as your hand flew to cover your mouth, still frozen from the shock of accidentally dismembering the man in front of you. You were breathing in shallow gasps and your mind went blank.

"I can explain-" he began, as you tried to take in everything you were seeing. 'He's taking this extremely well' you briefly though to yourself as you watched him bend down to pick up the arm from the floor between you, with a very neutral expression.

Upon closer inspection of the arm, there were no blood and bones in sight, just a white almost porcelain looking band around the end that should have been attached to his shoulder. 'ah...' You slowly came to the realization that this wasn't his real arm, and you let out a sigh of relief, clutching your hand to your heart which was still racing with the adrenaline. You flinched as Red Velvet threw the arm onto the bed, before motioning for you to sit down.

"Im- I'm so sorry oh my god I can't believe I just pulled your arm off in your own room I didn't know- did that hurt? What's going on-" you flopped down onto the bed as you began to ramble incoherently.

"I said I would explain just- stop talking" Red Velvet put a finger to your lips to stop you firing off any more questions. He sighed, sounding a little exasperated as his eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but I have a prosthetic arm..." He trailed off and both your eyes flicked over to the arm in question, which was sat beside you on the bed.

Despite everything you snorted "obviously...." You said, heart finally beating at a normal pace

Red velvet clamped his remaining hand over his mouth to contain his own snort, however it was futile as a few seconds later both of you burst into uncontrollable laughter.

The relief from not having ripped off your friend's arm was making you giddy and you managed to splutter out through your giggles "Sorry I - I thought I ripped off your arm- oh my god- I'm so sorry"

Red Velvet was wiping away the tears from his eyes as he was literally crying from laughter in a heap on the bed. "Y-your face" he managed to wheeze out before erupting into another laughing fit as he remembered you speedrunning the 5 stages of grief with his arm clutched in your hand.

It took a few minutes but you finally both calmed down enough for words.
You took a deep breath and wiped the tears away from your eyes, before clapping your hands together.
"Right, okay. First question did that hurt and if it did I'm so sorry."

Red Velvet fanned himself to cool off and glanced back over to the arm that was politely sitting there. "No it didn't hurt. And before you ask, Chiffon got hungry and bit my arm off a few years ago." He stated matter of factly and the little white dog poked his head around the corner of the desk at the sound of his name.

You gasped dramatically and pointed accusingly at the dog, who wagged his tail lazily from in his bed across the room. "Chiffon! How could you!" You exclaimed, before lowering your hand.
"Okay no I don't believe it, Chiffon is innocent." You accused Red Velvet before crossing your arms expectantly.

He barely managed to suppress a smile before he feigned a sigh. "Okay fine you got me, I was actually born like this." He looked a little unsure as he said it, as if this wasn't something he usually told people.
"Anyway I've answered two questions now, isn't it your turn y/n?" He raised his eyebrows at you.

You nodded. "Ask away." you answered with your arms still crossed. "And I'm glad I didn't hurt you." You said, looking down at the floor, still feeling a little guilty.

"Okay, hmmm" Red Velvet put his hand to his chin and thought for a second, before evidently thinking of a question.
"Why were you muttering to yourself on the floor of the hot topic when we first met." He asked you curiously.

'yeah why was I doing that, very weird' your brain said as you thought about it for a second.

"Strawberry Crepe from the photography shop told me that's where all the hot emos were, and I was frustrated I hadn't found anyone yet." You told him.

"Hot Emo?" He repeated, with an annoying smug expression plastered on his face.

You realised what you had just implied and suddenly the floor was extremely interesting.

"Hahaha ha yes anyway let's move on." You said hurriedly.

"So that's how you see me." He smirked and you cursed yourself for your choice of words.

You grabbed the arm from beside you and brandished it at him. "Don't get cocky" you warned him, face flushed.

He held his hand out in front of him in defeat. "Okay okay just give me that." He laughed as he swiped the arm from you before you could react.

"W-" you began your question but trailed off as Red Velvet cleanly pulled off his hoodie and shirt. Your eyes trailed down his chest and abdomen that was surprisingly toned and then back up to his right shoulder where there was a white band similar to the one on the prosthetic arm.

You couldn't tear your eyes away as you watched him smoothly reattach the arm with a faint hiss. You watched the fingers of the prosthetic clench into a fist and then open out flat once again as Red Velvet checked that each finger and his wrist were responding like they should. You just ogled at him in silence until he let his (now reattached) arm fall to his side.
"See something you like?" He asked with his eyebrows raised as you pulled your eyes away from his exposed chest.

You felt your face heat up "No" you spluttered as you crossed your arms defiantly.

"Put your shirt back on you look like a slut" you pouted, and he snorted at your childish comment.

"Okay jeez, are we in the nunnery all of a sudden?" He laughed as he pulled his hoodie back on. You ignored the mild disappointment you felt deep down.

"Okay time for my second question." You gave yourself a moment to consider what you were going to ask.

"Forgive me if this is rude but you seemed quite closed off when I met you so... Why do you still hang out with me?" You asked curiously, locking eyes with the man sat across from you. He looked a little taken aback by the question, as if he wasn't sure how to answer.

He ran his hands through his hair before answering. "I'm not sure, I don't have a lot of friends." He hesitated for a second. "But there's something about you that just makes me trust you. I'm not sure why but I enjoy talking to you more than most people." He answered honestly, looking a little vulnerable.

"Oh..." You were thrown off guard by the honest answer. "I feel the same... I mean, I trust you too." You answered, sounding a little more shy than you had intended.

You both sat in the loaded atmosphere you had created for a second before Red Velvet continued the game.

"Next question, why am I your phone background?" He asked, pointing to your phone that had lit up with some kind of notification. You could have sunk through the bed straight to hell at that moment with your embarassment.

You flushed a deep red and just glared at the phone like it was to blame. "Pass" you confidently stated before Red Velvet leaned in closer towards you to catch your gaze.

"That wasn't in the rules, you have to answer the question." He protested, still leaning in so there was only about a foot of space between you.

"Well... I just liked the photo" you managed to stammer out, you could still feel the heat that had rushed to your face and knew you were still flushed a bright red. You shook slightly from your own nerves as you met Red Velvet's eyes, that were filled with glee from your embarrassment.

'That sick bastard is enjoying this'
You thought with annoyance. You wouldn't let him get away with this.

You put on your best air of fake confidence and leaned in even closer to whisper in his ear. "It's so I can look at you whenever I want~" You whispered with a smirk.

It was Red Velvet's turn to turn bright red as he choked on air for a second. "H-hey that's not fair" he jerked back and you slowly leaned back to where you were sat on the bed.

"I don't know what you mean" you said nonchalantly as you suppressed your embarrassment. 'my own rizz surprises me sometimes' you thought as you drank in the sight of Red Velvet hiding his face in his hands and glowing red to the tips of his ears. You quickly snatched up your phone and took another picture. "Hey, now I have a home screen too." You joked as he gasped and lunged for your phone.

Unfortunately this didn't go to plan and you quickly threw your phone to the side before a blur of Red and Black collided with you. With an absence of phone to grab, Red Velvet ended up grabbing your hand instead. He cursed as he lost his balance and slammed his prosthetic hand onto the bed to break his fall, knocking you onto your back in the process.

You opened up your eyes that had been screwed shut and you realised the position you were both in. Red Velvet was on top of you with his knees either side of your thighs, with your left hand pinned by his above your head, his right hand was on your waist to keep him balanced and your other hand had found its way to his chest, where you could feel his heart racing through the fabric of his hoodie.

His face was only a few inches from yours and he looked just as surprised as you to find himself suddenly straddling you. You didn't think he could blush any harder but his cheeks were an even darker red than before, which contrasted with the bright blue of his eyes that were scanning every inch of your expression. Judging by the heat you could feel radiating from your cheeks, you weren't much better off, and you could feel your heart thumping in your chest. His eyes flickered down to your lips briefly before his piercing blue gaze once again met yours.

Your mind was blank as you struggled to comprehend your situation, and after a moment he loosened his grip on your hand and began to pull away, but you gripped onto the front of his hoodie without thinking, stopping him in his tracks.

"y/n..." he said quietly, snapping you out of your shocked state. 'well... since we're already here...' before you knew what you were doing you took a deep breath, closed your eyes and pulled him down towards you to capture his lips with your own. You were both tense for a second before you relaxed into each other, butterflies erupted in your stomach as your brain caught up and you felt him intertwine his fingers with yours above your head.

His lips were surprisingly soft against yours and your mind went blank, filled with the faint but familiar scent of cinnamon, the warmth from your hands that were clinging to one another against the soft sheets, and his body pressed against you. You felt like you could stay here forever, but all too soon it was over, and Red Velvet pulled away, breathing heavily.

You panted breathlessly as he slowly climbed off of you and pulled his hand away from yours, leaving only a cold, empty feeling behind. "Wow" you whispered under your breath as you just lay on the bed, not moving from your position.

The silence that followed was almost unbearable, as you both just caught your breath.

"I think..." Red Velvet, still flushed, began "you should go home... I need to think..." He said hesitantly, running his hands through his hair.

"What?" Your head snapped up and you looked at him, worry filled your chest. "Did I do something wrong?" You asked as you sat up with your knees clasped to your chest.

His head turned to lock eyes with you in shock. "No! I didn't mean it like that... that was- that was perfect" he said breathlessly as he once again flushed red, and his eyes softened.
"I can't think straight right now with you here like this." He turned away from you, flustered.

You still couldn't help but feel deflated, but you slowly got up and gathered your things. "Okay, take as much time as you need." You reassured him, refusing to meet his eyes as you turned to leave.

"Wait, I'll drive you home" he said, following you to the front door.
"Considering I have no idea where I am, I'll take you up on that." You told him as you smiled softly. He nodded quietly and grabbed two helmets and a set of keys from the kitchen counter.

'helmets?' you thought as you followed him out the door. After going down a few flights of stairs, he showed you to the side of the building, where there was a shiny red and black motorbike waiting.

Despite everything, you couldn't contain your excitement. "Woahh this is yours? I've always wanted to ride one of these!" You exclaimed with eyes sparkling as you circled the bike.

He chuckled and pushed the helmet towards you. "Hold on tight okay?" He told you as he clipped on his own helmet.

A few moments later you the wind was whipping through your hair as you wrapped your arms tightly round Red Velvet's torso. You laughed from the adrenaline the whole way home (although the wind made sure that no one could hear you) and you were disappointed when the ride was over.

You stood awkwardly in front of your apartment block and turned to hand the helmet back to Red Velvet, who to his credit looked a little guilty at abruptly kicking you out. "Well, this is my stop." You looked back towards your home. "Sorry for ripping off your arm, oh and thanks for rescuing me! And for... Everything else."

Red Velvet gently took your hand to stop you leaving. "Thank you y/n, I'm just glad I was there when you needed me... I'll see you soon." He told you, and you both just stood there in the light of the street lamp with your hand still in his. To your surprise, he leaned in and pressed another chaste kiss to your lips, before waving goodbye and driving off into the night like he was batman or something.

'what the hell' you had never been more confused as you made your way up the stairs to your apartment and mentally prepared yourself from the barrage of questions Parfait would no doubt have for you.

-
Author's notes:
I'm so sorry for disappearing for almost a year omg, I've been so busy with uni work because I'll be graduating in a few months! But I finally have a new chapter for you guys, I came back to so many encouraging comments (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥ I'm so happy people actually like this dumb story I wrote about my favourite cookie hehe
Anyway this ended up being quite a long chapter hope you enjoyed! 🫶 Reader low-key has so much rizz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1K 38
[Started on 5/October/2017] •Request are open!• How would it feel like to be in the actual world of Red Vs Blue? Or to even fall in love with someone...
728 6 17
Hello everyone. My name is Potato, and this is going to be my very first crk book. Do keep in mind that I'm not quite familiar with fanfics but I'm g...
105K 2.8K 55
(THIS STORY IS STILL ONGOING) After a mysterious book ends up in the cookie kingdom. Gingerbrave and the gang discover a whole other world and discov...
30.4K 877 27
Licorice cookie is my favorite character so deal with this semi fluff semi angst x reader fic (also idk if it is considered slowburn though it defini...