The Bumping Accident

By Flash2497

Megan woods is a 24 year old millionaire. She owns one of the biggest clubs in town. She has a close circle o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
For you, Anything

Chapter 28

23.3K 884 92
By Flash2497

Megan's POV

I booked the first flight to Paris which is 2 hours form now. I quickly put some stuff in my suitcase and get in my car. Before I go to the airport though I have to make a stop.

I keep glancing at my phone to see if Avery has messaged me but nothing. It's been about 3 hours since she walked out of my house.

I get to my destination and just look at the house for a second. This whole thing could escalate if Jack opens the door but I just have to do it I need to talk to Amelia. Plus it's a Saturday so he might not be home.

I get out my car and knock. I hear footsteps and a few seconds later the door opens and I met with Amelia.

"Megan, what are you doing here?" She asks surprised and a little nervous.

"Is Jack home?"

"No he went to his parents, why are you here?" She asks again.

"I want to talk can I come inside please?"

She hesitates for a second but steps back and opens the door wider so I can go in. I walk towards her couch and sit down. She sits in front of me and doesn't say anything.

"Amy, as pissed as I am, I didn't come here to yell at you I came here to let you know that you still have me in your corner." I say and look at her.

"What?" She asks confused.

"I know Jack had a part in this you wouldn't have just told Avery those things for no reason. Especially since you kno—." I can't continue anymore so I take a deep breath.

"Especially since you know what happened with the assault charge. I just came here to say that when you see Jack for who he is, I will be there for you. You can always count on me this won't change anything."

She starts sniffing and she wipes her eyes with her sleeve.

"Megan I'm so so sorry the second I said all those things I regretted them. I shouldn't have. You look like someone just ran over your heart with a truck." She mumble the last part but I still hear it.

"You're forgiven, we'll wait for you Amy. You're always welcomed back. I love you that's all I came here to say." I say as I stand up to leave.

Amelia looks at me for a second before she bursts into tears.

"You left. You left and expected all of us to be fine. We needed you. I needed you and you weren't here." She says and comes towards me.

"I know." I reply looking down. "I should have checked up on you guys."

"Jack was there, you weren't here but he was. What am I supposed to do? I miss you guys. When you left we weren't the same."

I look back up at her and I can't control it anymore I let my own tears fall. I open my arms and she rushes to me and gives me a hug.

"I'm here now and I'm so sorry for not thinking about how my actions would affect you guys." I say as I'm still hugging her.

"I just ruined your life and your the one apologizing to me?" She says when we pull back from the hug and I wipe my tears.

"You didn't ruin my life, Avery just needs time and she's right I need to find a way to talk to her, I need to learn how to be vulnerable."

I glance at the clock in the living room. I have to go now if I want to make my flight.

"I have to go now or I'm gonna miss my flight."

"Your flight? Are you leaving again?" She asks.

"I can't stay here for this week. I thought I would be able to do it with Avery by my side but I'm sure she won't want to talk to me for a few days and I just can't stay here. I'll be back Friday."

She looks confused for a second and then she realizes what this week is and starts crying again.

"Gosh Megan I'm so sorry I wasn't even thinking." She says between tears. "How can I be so stupid and forget."

"It's fine Amelia, I'll be okay. I won't be alone."

She slowly nods and we walk to the door together. I step outside and turn to look at her.

"I love you Amelia, remember we'll wait and we're always here for you."

"I love you too Megan." She says.

I slowly walk back to my car and get in. I wait for Amelia to get in her house and then leave for the airport.

I call Courtney on my way and put her on speaker.

"Hey what's up?"

"I'm gonna go to Paris and I won't be back until Friday."

The line is silent for a second before she speaks again.

"Did something happen between you and Avery?" She questions.

"W-we had a disagreement." I vaguely answer.

"About what?"

As much as I want to tell her I can't. She needs to tell her story when she's ready and not because she wants to save my relationship.

"About life, I really have to go though I'm driving."

She sighs, "be careful Megan and you better come back."

"I will I promise, talk to you later." She hangs up and I'm left with my own thoughts again.

This is going be a long flight.

...

I slept for most of the flight. I'm at the airport right now in Paris looking around to find my ride.

I spot him a little ahead of me. I sneak up behind him and did what every sibling would do and scared him.

"Jesus Christ what's wrong with you?" He asks and holds his chest.

"Sammy, How are you?"

"You know you're the only person in the world who call me that so stop."

I roll my eyes, "do you prefer little bro then?"

"Sam works just fine."

"Alright Sammy it is." I smile at him and he groans and starts walking.

"I haven't seen you in like 3 months and the first thing you do is scare me and that annoys the hell out of me." He says and leads us to the parking lot of the airport.

"Grumpy as always I see." I say and he rolls his eyes.

The walk to his car isn't long. He puts my suitcase in the trunk and we both get in. He starts the car and starts driving.

"Why do you look like that?" He questions.

"Like what?"

"Like someone just broke your heart."

I sigh and look out the window.

"Who is she?" He asks.

"The most amazing women I've ever met, if she told me she was an Angel stuck on earth I would believe her and you should see her daughter. She's the cutest."

"Then why do you look so sad?"

"We got into an argument, she asked questions that I couldn't answer and the ones I could I wasn't ready to."

"Let me guess one question was about the year you were gone." He says and I nod but realized he can't see since he's driving.

"Yeah that was one of the questions." I answer.

Sam is the only one that knows where I was that year. Only because he was on my emergency contact list. He basically knows what happened that year and promised not to tell anyone. He understands why I can't just come out and say everything that happened.

"You always run away from your problems." He breaks the silence and says.

"I do not and you can't be the one talking you haven't been home in months."

"Whatever you still look like shit." He says.

"We're twins asshole so you look like shit too, what is that hairline?"

"You're so annoying."

"Look in the mirror." I reply.

He scoffs and doesn't say anything. A comfortable silence falls around us but it doesn't last for long.

"You were always the favorite." I say looking out the window and not at him.

From the corner of my eye I can see that he glances at me.

"You're kidding right? Mom and Dad adore you."

"You were always the one allowed to do everything, you were the one that they listened to not me." I replied.

"Okay that's bullshit and you know it. The reason you weren't aloud to do a lot of stuff was because Dad was trying to protect you."

"I guess that's one way to put it." I mumble.

"Megan I will literally throw you out of my car, Dad literally sent private detectives after you and mom wasn't the same you could barely get a word out from her." He slightly raises his voice and says.

He's already told me about how our Mom was so I don't comment on it but when I don't comment on the private detectives he gasps.

"You knew." He states.

"I didn't want to be found." I reply and shrug.

He's silent and I'm starting to think he might actually throw me out of his car.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me." He sighs and says.

"It's okay Sammy I wasn't alone."

He nods his head in understanding, "I saw. I saw everything. You found a family there."

"I did but nothing beats the feeling of being home." I answer and he nods.

Its nice being able to talk about my feelings. I miss my brother and I would rather spend this week with him than be sad and alone in my house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 14K 72
|was titled sky evans| Twenty-two-year-old Sky Evans born and raised a New Yorker finds her way towards a new job opportunity working a the most wel...
87.7K 4.9K 21
Carter Woods has everything she could possibly ask for. She grew up in a loving home with loving parents but she feels like something is missing. She...
210K 9.5K 33
For the last four years. Nai'a Mahoe has been tormented by three bullies. Their latest attack landed the high school senior in the hospital with life...
4.4M 184K 57
Destiny is 25 she's struggling to keep up with her two jobs. she's an orphan and she has a 2 year old daughter named Angel, her ex boyfriend left her...