Supernatural (Sam Winchester...

By SlinkyDogg

After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in an... More

Prologue: The Winchester Boys And Their Little Friend Too!
We Got Work To Do
Wendigo
Dead In The Water
Phantom Traveler
Bloody Mary
Skin
Hook Man
Bugs
Home
Asylum
Scarecrow
Faith
Route 666
Nightmare
The Benders
Shadow
Hell House
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Provenance
Dead Man's Blood
Salvation
Devil's Trap
In My Time Of Dying
Everybody Loves A Clown
Bloodlust
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Simon Said
No Exit
The Usual Suspects
Crossroad Blues
Croaton
Hunted
Playthings
Night Shifter
Houses Of The Holey
Heart
Born Under A Bad Sign
Tall Tales
Roadkill
Hollywood Babylon
Folsom Prison Blues
What Is And Should Never Be
Be Careful What You Wish For
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 1
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2
How To Girlfriend 101
The Magnificent Seven
Bad Day At Black Rock
Sin City
Bedtime Stories
Red Sky At Morning
Fresh Blood
A Very Supernatural Christmas
Malleus Maleficarum
Dream A Little Dream For Me
An Asexual Tries To Write Smut
I Love You Like A Cheesy Love Song
Mystery Spot
Jus In Bello
Ghostfacers!
Long-Distance Call
Time Is On My Side
No Rest For The Wicked
4 Months = 40 Years In Hell
Lazarus Rising
Gripped You Tight & Raised You From Perdition
Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
In The Beginning: (Name) Edition
Metamorphosis
Monster Movie
Yellow Fever
It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
Wishful Thinking
I know What You Did Last Summer
Heaven And Hell
Family Remains
Criss Angel Is A Douche Bag
After School Special
Sex And Violence
Death Takes A Hoilday
On The Head Of A Pin
It's A Terrible Life
Cubicle Boy & Mail Girl
The Monster At The End Of This Book
Jump The Shark
The Rapture
When The Levee Breaks
Lucifer Raising
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
Sympathy For The Devil
Good God, Y'all
Free To Be You And Me
The End
Fallen Idols
I Believe The Children Are Our Future
The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester
Changing Channels
The Real Ghostbusters
Abandoned All Hope
Sam, Interrupted
I'm (Not) Fine
The Song Remains The Same
My Bloody Valentine
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Dark Side Of The Moon
99 Problems
Point Of No Return
Hammer Of Gods
The Devil You Know
Two Minutes To Midnight
Before You Go
Swan Song
Bring Back What Once Was Mine
Epilogue Part 1: Figuring Out How To Be Normal
Epilogue Part 2: Dean's Happily Ever After
Epilogue Part 3: To New Beginnings
Epilogue Part 4: My Angel
Epilogue Part 5: Laters, Gators
Bonus: The French Mistake
Bonus: Scoobynatural
What If (Name) Was In The Coma Instead
Alternate Confession Scene
Supernatural Memes I Made

The Kids Are Alright

2.2K 60 25
By SlinkyDogg

Dean and I walk up to the diner, where Sam was sitting inside in front of the window, using his phone and laptop. I tap on the window getting his attention. He seems a bit frantic as he looked at us. I smiled at him and made a heart with my hands. Sam smiles at me, but still looked a bit panic.

Dean waves the newspaper he's holding and we made our way to the entrance. We enter the diner and walked over to Sam's table. "Oh, ah, yeah, no, ah, I... I gotta go. Uh. Okay. Never mind." Sam said, closing his laptop and hanging up quickly.

Dean and I looked at him, suspiciously. "Hey. Who was that?" I asked. "Ah, I was just ordering pizza." Sam replied quickly, and Dean looks around. "Dude, you do realize that you're in a restaurant?" He asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. Oh, yeah. I... just felt like pizza, you know?" Sam replied smiling, tight-lipped and reeking of insincerity. "O-kay, Weirdy Mcweirderton." Dean said, taking a seat.

Sam removed the bag for his laptop from the chair next to him, setting it across from him and allowing me to sit there. Sam smiles at me as I sat down and he moved his hand so it was over mine, giving it a gentle squeeze before he starts to massage it with his thumb. I smile back at him and lean up to kiss him on the cheek.

Dean clears his throat getting our attention. "So, I think I got something." He said. "Yeah?" Sam asked, as he starts playing with my feet under the table. "Cicero, Indiana. Falls on his own power saw." Dean replied. "And? What, that's it? One power saw?" I asked, playing along with Sam's feet.

"Well... yeah." Dean said, shrugging. "And you think that this is a case?" Sam asked. "Well, I don't know. Could be." Dean said. "I don't know, Dean. I... I..." Sam said. "All right, there's something better... better in Cicero than just a case." Dean said.

"And that is?" I asked. "Lisa Braeden." Dean said, making both Sam and I sigh. "Should we even ask?" Sam asked. "Remember that road trip I took, uh... gosh, about eight years ago now? You were in Orlando with Dad wrapping up that banshee thing." Dean said.

"Yeah. Yeah, the five states, five-day..." Sam replied and Dean laughs. "Yeah. Well, kind of. Although I spent most of my time in Lisa Braeden's loft." He said. "So let me get this straight. You want... you want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?" Sam asked, letting go of my hand only to throwing his arm on the back of my chair.

"She was a yoga teacher. It was the bendiest weekend of my life. Come on. Have a heart, huh? It's my dying wish." Dean said. "Yeah, well, how many dying wishes are you gonna get?" Sam asked. "As many as I can squeeze out." Dean replied.

"You can't keep using a dying wish as an excuse for us to do whatever you want." I said to Dean. "Why not? You and Sam have your milkshakes, ferris wheels, and movie night pillow forts. Let me have a little fun while you guys are being so lovey-dovey with each other." Dean said and Sam scoffs.

"Come on. Smile, guys! God knows I'm gonna be smiling after 24 hours with Gumby girl." Dean said and chuckles to himself. I shook my head while Sam laugh too, a little. "Gumby girl." Dean muttered, before he frowned. "Does that make me Pokey?" He asked.

We arrived at Cicero, Indiana, where Dean stops the Impala in front of the Pines motel. "Don't wait up for me, guys." Dean said to us, as we got out of the car. Dean starts to drive off as Sam and I were still pulling our bags out of the car. "Wait, Dean." I said, but he on kept teasing us.

"Dean, you... Dean!" Sam yelled, annoyed. We manage to get our bags out and Dean drive off, leaving us standing there like he just dropped us off before a hot date.

After renting a room, Sam and I started making our way there, when he stop in front of a vending machine. "Hey, you want a soda?" He asked. "Sure." I replied.

Sam smirks as he took out some crash and inserted it into the machine, releasing one of the soda cans from it's prison. He took the can out of the slot and turns to me, putting both hands behind his back. "Alright, guess which is in each hand and you get the soda." He said.

"Really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Sorry, you gotta sing for your supper." He replied, shrugging. "Sam." I said, playfully acting annoyed. "Guess." Sam said, grinning.

"Okay. In this hand you have..." I started to say, right as I reached for the soda behind his back, Sam lean down and press his lips softly against mine, silencing me. My eyes widened in surprise, but I soon closed them and kissed him back. Sam smile as he pull away, while I stared back at him stunned, feeling my cheeks and ears burning up.

"Thank you." I said, quietly. Sam chuckle, ducking his head as he remove his hands from behind his back to hold the soda out to me. "Thank you." He said, I smile shyly and took can.

Later, I was sitting on the bed in our room, flipping through the tv channels until I stumbled onto Spider-Man. "Oooh." I said in excitement, setting the remote down. Sam enter the room from the bathroom. "I'm gonna head down to the diner. You wanna come?" He asked. "No thanks, I'm not really hungry. And my movie's playing." I said.

Sam look to the tv and smiles with a 'should of know' look. "Alright. Call if you need anything." He said, throwing his bag over his shoulder and walking around the bed to me. He leans down to hold my face and kiss me. "Enjoy your movie, Spider-Woman." He said, turning away and walking to the door and I watched him leave with a giddy smile.

I turn back to the tv after he shut the door. "I have the biggest crush on that boy." I said to myself. Then I remember that we're dating and I sighed, happily. "Nice."

3rd Person P.O.V
Sam sat in a booth, his laptop open as he wrote down some notes. He was desperately looking in secret, for a way to save Dean and (Name). There was no way, he was gonna let them go to Hell. Dean's his big brother, who practically raised him and the only family by blood he has left. And (Name), well he's deeply in love with her.

The vision-dreams he had of Jessica's death before that dreaded night happen, he wrote off as just nightmares. Then he lost her and he still feels great guilt for not saving her. He won't allow himself fail again. Not with Dean or (Name). He cares for them in a world that has never loved him back. He won't give either of them up so easily.

A young woman sits down across from Sam. He looks up and freezes when he see it was the creepy stalker girl from last week, Ruby. "Hello, Sam." She greeted him. "You've been following me since Lincoln." Sam said as she closes his laptop.

"Not much gets by you, huh?" Ruby asked and takes one of his fries, eating it. "Mmm. These are amazing. It's like deep-fried crack. Try some." She said and Sam scoffs. "That knife you had. You can kill demons with that thing?" He asked her.

"Sure comes in handy when I have to swoop in and save the damsels in distress." Ruby replied. "Where'd you get it?" Sam asked. "Skymall." Ruby said, taking a plate and squeezes ketchup onto it.

"Why are you following me?" Sam asked. "I'm interested in you." Ruby replied. "Why?" He asked. "Because you're tall. I love a tall man." Ruby said, giving him a flirty look as she takes another one of his fries, dipping it in ketchup and eating it.

"Hate to break it to you, but I have a girlfriend." Sam said. "I know. Cute little (Name). What's she got that I don't?" Ruby asked. "She doesn't stalk me for one." Sam replied. "Nope. Just sells her soul for you." Ruby said, and Sam furrow his brow and stares back at her, coldly.

"Then there's the whole antichrist thing." Ruby said, dipping another fry in the ketchup. "Excuse me?" Sam asked. "You know, generation of psychic kids, Yellow-Eyed Demon rounds you up, celebrity death match ensues. You're the sole survivor." Ruby explained.

"How do you know about that?" Sam asked. "I'm a good hunter. So, Yellow Eyes had some pretty big plans for you, Sam." Ruby said. "'Had' being the key word." Sam said. "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's right. Ding-dong, the demon's dead. Good job with that. It doesn't change the fact that you're special... in that Anthony Michael Hall E.S.P. visions kind of way." Ruby said.

"No. No, that's stuff's not happening anymore. Not since Yellow-Eyes died." Sam said, firmly. "Well, I'm thinking you're still a pretty big deal. I mean, after all that business with your mom." Ruby said. "What about my mom?" He asked.

"You know, what happened to her friends." Ruby said and Sam's eyes widen, dropping his poker face. "You... don't know. You've got a little bit of catching up to do, my friend. So, why don't you look into your mom's pals..." She said.

Ruby takes a pen and grabs Sam's hand, writing a number on his palm. "...and then give me a call and we'll talk again?" She asked, setting the pen his hand. She then gets up to leave. "And, by the way, you do know there's a job in this town, right?" She asked before finally taking her leave.

Sam watches her disappear out of the diner then looks down at her number written on his hand. He doesn't have time to dwell on what Ruby meant, as his phone starts ringing.

He picks up his cell and answers it. "Hello." He said. "Dude, there is a job here." Dean said, sitting on his car outside Lisa's house. "Really?" Sam asked. "Yeah. You know that one freak accident we read about in the paper? Turns out there's four more that never even made the paper, all in this... Morning Hill gated community. People falling off of ladders and drowning in their Jacuzzis all over the neighborhood." Dean explained.

"That is weird." Sam said. "Yeah, something's up. Something these nice, big gates can't protect them from." Dean replied.

(Name's) P.O.V
Sam and I were in our suits, posing as an insurance agents. We were speaking to young mother, while walking through her house, out to the back yard. "So, once again, I'm very sorry to disturb you. We just really want to expedite that life-insurance policy." Sam said to her.

"Of course." The woman replied and she took us around back, where a ladder leans against the wall. "This is, um, where he fell." She said, slightly pointing to the window. "I see. Now, how exactly did he...?" Sam asked her.

"He was just inside changing a light bulb. Must have lost his balance." The woman said. "Were you here when this happened?" I asked. "No. I was out. Uh, the only one here was our daughter, Dakota." She replied.

While Sam and I looked around, we saw a creepy little girl was looking out at us from the window. We smiled at her slightly, and nodded. Then I saw dark red is smudged on the window and railing. Sam and I exchanged a look. "Okay." Sam said, quietly. We look from the daughter to the red smear.

"Well, uh, I think that's all we need." I said, turning to the woman. "Okay." She said. "We'll get out of your way now." Sam said. "Thank you." The woman said and she turns, going up the steps with us behind her.

We see a strange injury on the back of her neck. It an oval, with multiple dots around it, like the mark from a sucker or teeth. Sam and I look at in it shock, exchanging another look.

We return to the motel, doing research when Dean enters. "Something's wrong with the kids in this town." He said. "Yeah. Tell me about it. So, what do you know about changelings?" Sam asked him. "Evil monster babies?" Dean asked. "No, not necessarily babies." I said.

"They're kids. Creepy, 'stare at you like you're lunch' kids?" Dean asked. "Yeah. There's one at every victim's house." I replied, showing him an overhead photo of the neighbor, with the victim's house being crossed off.

Later, Sam was seated on the bed, as Dean prepares a kerosene torch. "So, changelings can perfectly mimic children. According to lore, they climb in the window, snatch the kid. Y'know, there were marks on the windowsill at one of the kid's houses. Looked to me like blood." Sam explained.

"So, the changeling grabs a kid, assumes its form, joins the happy fam just for kicks?" Dean asked. "Not quite. Changelings feed on the mom: synovial fluid. The moms have these odd bruises on the back of their necks. Changelings can drain them for a few weeks before mom finally croaks." I explained.

"And then there's dad and the babysitter." Dean said. "Yeah. Seems like anyone who gets between the changeling and it's food source ends up dead." Sam said. "And fire's the only way to waste them?" Dean asked, holding up the torch. Sam and I nodded. "Yup." Sam said.

"Great. We'll just bust in, drag the kids out, torch them on the front lawn. That'ill play great with the neighbors. What about the real ones? What happens to them?" Dean asked. "According to lore, they stash them underground somewhere. I don't know why, but if it's true, the real kids might be out there." Sam explained.

"We better start looking." Dean said, getting up from the desk. "So, any kid in the neighborhood is vulnerable?" He then asked. "Yep." I replied. "We gotta make a stop. I want to check on someone." Dean said, grabbing the bags and heading to the door. "Well Dean, if the real kids are still alive, we don't have time. We..." Sam started to say, but Dean interrupted him. "We have to." He said, firmly.

We drove over to Lisa's house, where Dean got out to speak with her, while Sam and I waited in the car. After a couple minutes went by, Dean came running back to us. "They took Ben. He's changed." He said, running around to the driver side.

"What?!" Sam and I asked, in unison. "Are you sure?" Sam asked. "Yeah, I'm sure. I checked his windowsill." Dean replied, getting into the car. "Blood?" I asked. "I don't think it is blood, and I think I know where the kids are." Dean said, starting the engine.

Dean drove us to an under construction house, we got out of the Impala and walk up to a large mound of dirt. Dean picks some up, showing it to us. "Red dirt. That's what was on the window." Sam said.

"Ah, you two take the front. I'll go around." Dean said, walking back to the car. He took out one of the bags, tossing it to Sam, who caught it. Dean then takes a bag of his own and goes around back.

Sam and I wander about inside, with flashlights. Until we heard a noise and headed down towards the basement. We enter a room and Sam set his bag down, to move a giant board of wood. "What do you think you're doing?" We heard a voice behind us.

We turn slightly, seeing a redhead monster-like woman in the reflection of a pane of glass. "This is private property. I'm calling the police." The monster said and we turn around to look at her.

"You heard me! GET OUT!" She yelled, advancing slowly towards us. "Ah, I could... just let me get our bag." I said, gesturing to the bag on the floor. "We're going. We, we didn't mean to cause any trouble." Sam said as I crouched down to the bag.

I pulled out a flame-thrower which I aim and blasted the flames at her. There was a whooshing noise and she has apparently disappeared. Sam and I looked around, on high alert.

We ran through the basement finding Dean, who had freed the kids from cages and was now helping them climb out the window to escape. "Hey! Dean! There's a mother." Sam told him. "A mother changeling?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. We got to get these kids out quick." I said. "Right there, right there. There's one more. You got to break the lock!" Dean said, helping another climb climb up out the window. "I guess that's why the changelings are keeping the kids alive so the mom can snack on them." Sam said, running to the last lock cage.

He breaks the lock and helps the real realtor woman out of her cage. "There. Come on, I gotcha." He assured her. One of the little girl's screams and we all turn to see the mother changeling behind her.

Dean goes flying and lands on his back, groaning in pain. The Changeling Mom turns around, Sam has the flamethrower and a lighter. She kicks the lighter out of his hand, then roundhouse kicks him again, then throws a few punches and generally kicks his ass, before throwing him across the room.

I grab a 2x4 and lunges after her, smacking her. She punches and knocks me down. "Ben, get them out of here!" Dean yelled, as he got up grabbing a brick and clocking the Changeling Mom with it.

Dean and I fight with the Changeling Mom, eventually knocking her down. She gets up to face us and see Sam with the torch. Sam burns her to a crisp with Dean's homemade torch.

We drove around the neighborhood, dropping off the kids at their house until only Ben was left. We pull up into Lisa's driveway, who came rushing out of the house. Ben runs out to hug his mom. "Ben?! Ben! Baby, are you okay?" Lisa asked him, in a panic.

"I'm okay, Mom." Ben replied. "Oh, my god." Lisa said and begins sobbing. "What the hell just happened?" She asked Dean. "I'll explain everything if you want me to, but, trust me, you probably don't. The important thing is, is that Ben's safe." He replied.

"Thank you." Lisa said and she hugs Dean, tightly. "Thank you." She said, appreciatively. Sam and I smiled at Dean, who stood there awkwardly returning the hug. "We're gonna give you guys some time." Sam said to Dean. Lisa smiles down at her son. "Come on." She said, leading the way back into the house. Dean follows them inside, while Sam and I got back in the car.

As we waited, I stared at the house in deep thought. I felt a hand on my knee and I turn away to look at the hand then up to meet Sam's eyes. "You alright?" He asked."Yeah, just... thinking." I replied.  "About what?" He asked.

I look back at the house, thinking a little bit more. "It's weird, you know this... normal life thing. I mean, that house and kids... it's a life I could never imagine having. But..." I said, looking away to meet Sam's gaze again.

"With what happened to Dean and I recently and the situation we're in... you really start to think, you know. I'm gonna be gone one day, and... I'm not leaving anything behind. Not even a car." I said, sadly.

Sam gave me a sad look and he removed his hand from my knee to place it on my cheek and slowly caresses it. "I wish you and Dean never sold your souls for me." He said, in a rough and emotional voice.

"I know. And I know what we did was selfish and I'm so sorry we're putting you through so much hardship. But given a second chance... I'd do all over again. The only thing I would try to do differently is that Dean wouldn't have to sell his soul too." I said, tears silently streaking down my face.

Sam just stared back at me, as tears of his own fell down his cheeks. He leans his forehead against mine, dropping his hand from my cheek. Letting out a heavy sad sigh, he took my hand, bringing it up to his lips and placing a long kiss on my knuckles.

3rd Person P.O.V
Sam sat in the motel rooms alone, talking to several different people on the phone, while systematically crossing names off a list.

"Hi. I needed to check some facts with your, uh, with your secretary about a fire that occurred on November 24, 2006 in Lawrence, Kansas. Hardecker was his name. Okay. Great. I was just trying to find out the date he died."

"This is police chief Phil Jones. July 13th. Can you check the records for a Robert Campbell?"

"July 19, 2001. Dead on arrival. What I'm after is, is, is cause of death."

"Heart condition? Wasn't he a cardiac surgeon? Wouldn't he have known about that?"

"I'm looking for information on... on Mrs. Wallace's death. Two deaths. Who was the other? ...Ed Campbell."

"Any survivors? No, that's all I needed. Thank you very much." Sam falls onto his bed, tossing the phone aside and puts his head in his hands. "Oh, my god."

Later, Sam was speaking to Ruby, telling her about what he found. "They're dead. All of them. All of my mom's friends. Her doctor, her uncle... everyone who ever knew her, systematically wiped off the map one at a time." Sam stops to laughs. "Someone went through a hell of a lot of trouble trying to cover their tracks."

"Yep. The Yellow-Eyed Demon." Ruby said, leaning on the table. "So, what's your deal? You show up wherever I am. You know all about me. You know all about my mom." Sam said.

"I already told you. I'm..." Ruby started to say, but Sam talked over her. "Oh, right, right. Yeah, yeah. Just a hunter. Just some hunter who happens to know more about my own family than I do. ...Just tell me who you are." He said.

"Sam, it..." She tried to say. "Just... tell me who you are." Sam repeated himself, advancing towards her. Ruby laughs. "It doesn't matter." She said and Sam gets up close, shouting in her face. "JUST TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!"

Ruby stared back at him, unfazed. "Fine." She said before, blinking her eyes once and they go demon-black. Sam's eyes widen in shock and horror. Ruby blinks again and they become normal.

Sam backs up, fumbling in his bag. "Think twice before going for that holy water." Ruby said.  "Just give me one reason I should." Sam said, pulling out a flask and holding it out. "I'm here to help you, Sam." Ruby replied, stepping away from the table.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Sam asked. "God's honest truth... or whatever." Ruby said. "You're a demon." Sam spat. "Don't be such a racist. I'm here because I want to help you. And I can if... you trust me." Ruby said, walking over to him. "Trust you?" Sam asked, holding out the flask of holy water.

"Sam, calm down." Ruby said. "Start talking. All those murders... what was the demon trying to cover up?" Sam asked. "I don't know." She replied. "What happened to my mother?" Sam asked next. "I honestly don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. All I know is that it's about you." Ruby said. "What?" Sam asked, confused.

Ruby laughs at his confusion. "Don't you get it, Sam? It's all about you. What happened to your mom, what happened to her friends. They're trying to cover up what he did to you. And I want to help you figure it out." She explained.

"Why would you want to help me?" Sam asked. "I have my reasons. Not all demons are the same, Sam. Not all of us want the same thing. Me?" Ruby said, shrugging. "I want to help you from time to time. That's all. And if you let me, there's something in it for you." She said.

"What could you possibly..." Sam started to say. "I could help you save your brother and girlfriend." Ruby said, interrupting him. Sam looks at her in disbelief. Ruby only smiles and rises her eyebrows. Seeing she might actually be sincere, Sam slowly lowers the flask of holy water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 720 11
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause 𝗕𝗢𝗬𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗖𝗥𝗬 ◦•◦ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* ◦•◦ W...
104K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
219K 4.6K 41
I felt sick to my stomach, nerves overcoming me at the thought of seeing him again after all these years. I know he's going to be angry, furious in f...
52.3K 1K 23
"What the hell? What are you?" you demanded, gun drawn. "Jack. Who are you?" the young man asked, holding his hand out. "Sam! Dean!" You yelled for...