Supernatural (Sam Winchester...

By SlinkyDogg

After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in an... More

Prologue: The Winchester Boys And Their Little Friend Too!
We Got Work To Do
Wendigo
Dead In The Water
Phantom Traveler
Bloody Mary
Skin
Hook Man
Bugs
Home
Asylum
Scarecrow
Faith
Route 666
Nightmare
The Benders
Shadow
Hell House
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Provenance
Dead Man's Blood
Salvation
Devil's Trap
In My Time Of Dying
Everybody Loves A Clown
Bloodlust
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Simon Said
No Exit
Crossroad Blues
Croaton
Hunted
Playthings
Night Shifter
Houses Of The Holey
Heart
Born Under A Bad Sign
Tall Tales
Roadkill
Hollywood Babylon
Folsom Prison Blues
What Is And Should Never Be
Be Careful What You Wish For
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 1
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2
How To Girlfriend 101
The Magnificent Seven
The Kids Are Alright
Bad Day At Black Rock
Sin City
Bedtime Stories
Red Sky At Morning
Fresh Blood
A Very Supernatural Christmas
Malleus Maleficarum
Dream A Little Dream For Me
An Asexual Tries To Write Smut
I Love You Like A Cheesy Love Song
Mystery Spot
Jus In Bello
Ghostfacers!
Long-Distance Call
Time Is On My Side
No Rest For The Wicked
4 Months = 40 Years In Hell
Lazarus Rising
Gripped You Tight & Raised You From Perdition
Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
In The Beginning: (Name) Edition
Metamorphosis
Monster Movie
Yellow Fever
It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
Wishful Thinking
I know What You Did Last Summer
Heaven And Hell
Family Remains
Criss Angel Is A Douche Bag
After School Special
Sex And Violence
Death Takes A Hoilday
On The Head Of A Pin
It's A Terrible Life
Cubicle Boy & Mail Girl
The Monster At The End Of This Book
Jump The Shark
The Rapture
When The Levee Breaks
Lucifer Raising
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
Sympathy For The Devil
Good God, Y'all
Free To Be You And Me
The End
Fallen Idols
I Believe The Children Are Our Future
The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester
Changing Channels
The Real Ghostbusters
Abandoned All Hope
Sam, Interrupted
I'm (Not) Fine
The Song Remains The Same
My Bloody Valentine
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Dark Side Of The Moon
99 Problems
Point Of No Return
Hammer Of Gods
The Devil You Know
Two Minutes To Midnight
Before You Go
Swan Song
Bring Back What Once Was Mine
Epilogue Part 1: Figuring Out How To Be Normal
Epilogue Part 2: Dean's Happily Ever After
Epilogue Part 3: To New Beginnings
Epilogue Part 4: My Angel
Epilogue Part 5: Laters, Gators
Bonus: The French Mistake
Bonus: Scoobynatural
What If (Name) Was In The Coma Instead
Alternate Confession Scene
Supernatural Memes I Made

The Usual Suspects

2.2K 71 31
By SlinkyDogg

3rd Person P.O.V
In a bustling office, a man name Peter Sheridan is on his cell phone, a mug of coffee in his other hand. "Under what name? Oh, yeah, that's my favorite so far. Possible ID's in three states that we know of." He said into his phone, he pulls a paper from the fax machine and stares at it. "I gotta call you back." He said.

Sheridan enters an interrogation room and he sits down. "Well, first I thought you were just stepping up your game. Credit card fraud, breaking and entering, and this one... puzzled me. Grave desecration. But still these are a long way from murder. Then we get a fax from St. Louis. Where you're suspected of torturing and murdering a young woman. However, no one could prove anything, of course, because supposedly you died there. But I gotta tell you something. You look pretty healthy to me. So now we know Karen Giles wasn't the first person you murdered." He said, to someone else in the room.

Meanwhile, a SWAT team approaches a motel room from the outside. They run up to the 2nd-floor, breaking open one of the doors with a battering ram. Inside the room, Sam stops, holding his hands up.

A woman, Diana Ballard advances on Sam, her gun forward. "Going somewhere, Sam?" She asked. Sam stares back, nervous. Ballard glances around the room. "Where's your brother?" She asked.

Back at the station, Sheridan was still talking to the prisoner. "But I guarantee you she's the last." He said, standing and walk out of the room. (Name) watches him leave, with a hard glared.

Once Sheridan was gone, she looks down at the handcuff, attached to her wrist and the table. She lift up her arm as far as she could, listening to chain jingle. "Balls." She muttered, dropping her hand back on the tables, looking more annoyed than scared.

In the morning, the policewoman from earlier enters another interrogation room, where Sam is pacing by the window. "Thought you might be thirsty." She said, placing a cup of coffee on the table. "Okay, so you're the good cop. Where's the bad cop?" Sam asked, jokedly. "Oh, he's with your girlfriend." Ballard replied, Sam scoffed not even bothering to corrected her. "Okay. And you're holding us why?" He asked.

"Well, she's being held on suspicion of murder. And you, we'll see." Ballard said, Sam leans forward, shocked. "Murder?!" He asked. "You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actor?" Ballard asked. "Who was she supposed to have murdered?!" Sam asked. "We'll get around to that." She replied.

"Well, you can't just hold us here without formal charges!" Sam said, stepping away from the table. "Well actually, we can, for forty eight hours, but you being a pre-law student, would know that. I know all about you, Sam." Ballard said, taking out a file and begins reading.

"You're twenty three years old, no job, no home address. Your mother died when you were a baby, your father's whereabouts are unknown. Your brother's whereabouts are unknown but we impounded his car so we knows he's still in town. He was last seen with (Name), whose demise was, well, just a little bit exaggerated. Feel free to jump in whenever you like." She said, Sam leans against the wall, folding his arms.

"Shy? No problem. I'll keep going. Your family moved around a lot when you were a kid. Despite that, you were a straight-A student. Got into Stanford with a full ride. Then about a year ago there was a fire in your apartment. One fatality. Jessica Moore, your girlfriend. After she died, you fell off the grid. Left behind everything." She said, closing the file.

"I needed some time off. To deal. So I'm taking a road trip with my brother and an old friend." Sam said, quietly. "How's that going for you?" Ballard asked. "Great. I mean... we saw the second largest ball of twine in the continental US. Awesome." Sam said, pulling a chair to the table and straddles it.

"We ran (Name's) fingerprints through AFIS." Ballard said. "Okay." Sam replied. "Got over a dozen possible hits." Ballard said. "Possible hits. Which makes them worthless." Sam said. "But it makes you wonder. What are we gonna find when we run your prints?" Ballard asked.

"Yeah, well." Sam said, before he pounds his fist on the table. "You be sure to let me know, all right." He said, then points at the cup. "May I?" He asked. "Please." Ballard said. "Great." He said and he picks up the cup, sniffing it.

He sips it as Ballard leans over him, intently. "Sam, you seem like a good kid. And you seem to have a soft spot for (Name). You wouldn't still be trying to protected her if you didn't." Ballard said, Sam side eyes her for a moment then looks away, not speaking.

"Right now detectives in St. Louis are exhuming a corpse. They're trying to figure out how your friend faked her own death. After torturing all those young women. (Name's) a bad girl. Her life is over. Yours doesn't have to be." Ballard said, Sam looks at her, incredulous. "You want me to turn against my friend?" He asked her.

"No. We already caught her cold. Red-handed at the Karen Giles murder scene. We just need you to fill in some missing pieces. And perhaps tell us where Dean is." Ballard replied, getting up to sit across from him. "Why would I do that?" Sam asked.

"Because I can talk to the DA. Make a deal for you. You can get on with your life. (Name's) as good as gone. Your brother we're still looking into, but from what we gather all already... it's not looking good him either." Ballard said.

Sam thinks for a moment, looking distraught, then begins speaking, quietly. "My dad and Tony Giles were old friends. They were in the service together. We've known him since we were kids, you know? So we came as soon as we heard about his death."

Flashback
(Name) is writing in her journal at a café table. Dean sat besides her reading a newspaper, with the headline reading; Man's Throat Slit Without A Trace.

Sam approaches with a drink carrier that held three cups of coffee. He sets one down, then hands another cup to (Name). "There you go." He said. (Name) sets her pen down to take the cup, smiling at him. "Thanks Sam." She said and Sam smiled back, fondly.

Dean glance up from the newspaper, raising an eyebrow at the two, then goes back to reading his papers. "Anthony Giles." He said as he folded up the newspaper. "Who's Anthony Giles?" Sam asked, taking a seat across from him.

"He's a Baltimore lawyer. Working late in his office, check it out." Dean said, picking up his cup of coffee. Sam takes the newspaper, skimming over it as he mutters to himself. (Name) leans over to read it with him. "Throat was slit, room was clean. Huh. No DNA, no prints." Sam said.

"Keep reading, it gets better." Dean said. "Security cameras failed to capture footage of the assailant." (Name) said, looking from the paper to Dean. "So I'm thinking either somebody tampered with the tapes..." Dean started to say. "Or it's an invisible killer." Sam said, finishing his sentence.

Dean clicks his tongue as he grins. "My favorite kind. What do you think, Mulder, Scully. You wanna check it out?" Dean asked. (Name) sips her coffee trying to hide her blush, while Sam scoffs. "If we're Mulder and Scully, what does that make you?" He asked Dean.

"Doggett." Dean replied. "Doggett?" (Name) said, questionably. "Monica Reyes." Dean said, raising his eyebrows and grinning, smugly. (Name) does a lip trills, rolling her eyes. Sam smiles, shaking his head.

Present Day
Sam was continuing his story, still in the interrogation room. "Would've been kinda hard for (Name) to kill Tony, considering we weren't in town at the time." He said. "So tell me what happened next." Ballard said. "Okay, uh, that's when we went to see Karen. She was barely holding it together. We just wanted to be there for her. You know?" Sam explained.

Flashback
Karen, a young woman with dark hair and dark-framed glasses, was sitting in her home, on the verge of tears. She's looking at some forms that Sam, Dean, and (Name), dressed as insurance company employees, have given her.

"Insurance. I totally forgot about the insurance." She said. "We're very sorry to bother you right now, but the company is required to conduct its own investigation. You understand." Sam said to her. "Sure." Karen replied.

"Okay. Um. If you could just tell us anything you remember about the night your husband died." (Name) said. "Uh, Tony and I were just supposed to have dinner. He called and said he was having computer troubles and that, that he had to work late. That was it." Karen explained.

"Do you have any idea who could have done this to him?" Sam asked. "No. No, it's like I told the police, I, I have no idea." Karen replied. "Did Tony mention anything, you know, unusual to you? In the days before his death?" Dean asked.

"Unusual..." Karen said, looking at him confused. "Yeah, like strange?" Dean asked. "Strange?" She asked, shaking her head. "You know, Karen, weird? Weird noises, uh, visions, anything like that?" Dean asked.

Sam clears his throat and gives Dean a look. Karen turns to Sam, who turns on his concerned-face again, then shoots Dean another look as she glances down. "He had a nightmare the day before he died." Karen said.

"What kind of a nightmare?" (Name) asked. "Uh, he said that he woke up in the middle of the night and there was a woman standing at the foot of the bed, he blinked and she was gone, I mean, it was just a nightmare." She explained.

"Did he say what she looked like?" Dean asked "What the hell difference does it make what she looked like?" Karen asked, annoyed. "Uh, it's just, our, our company's very thorough." Dean replied. "He said she was pale, and she had dark red eyes." She said.

Present Day
"So I gave Karen a hug, told her to call me if she needed anything, and that was it. End of story." Sam said, finishing his story. "Sam, I am trying to help you here. But you have got to be honest with me. Now we have an eyewitness. Someone who saw two men and a woman fitting you, your brother, and (Name's) description breaking into Giles' office." Ballard said.

"Okay, look, Karen called us later, said that there was some stuff that she wanted from Tony's office, but the police weren't letting her in... like, a picture of the two of them in Paris, and some other stuff. Look, it was wrong to enter a crime scene, but she gave us the key!" Sam explained.

Flashback
Sam picks the lock on Giles office, he, Dean, and (Name) enter, ducking under the police tape. Sam shines his flashlight on a pool of blood on the floor. "Hey. Anthony Giles's body was found right about here." Sam said, pointing his flashlight in the bloody spot. "Throat slit so deep part of his spinal cord was visible." He read from a piece of paper.

Dean whistles. "What do you think? Vengeful spirit? Underlining vengeful?" He asked. "Yeah, maybe. I mean he did see that woman at the foot of his bed." Sam said, walking around the desk, taking a seat.

(Name) picks up a sheet of paper lying on the desk. "Take a look at this." She said, Sam takes the paper, seeing it contains small-font printing of the word 'danashulps' repeated over and over to fill the page. "Dana Shulps. A name?" He asked.

(Name) finds another paper. "I dunno, but it's everywhere." She said, holding up the paper for the boys to see. "Well, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Dean said, grinning.

Sam shines his flashlight down on the glass table in front of him, pausing. He breathes on the glass, revealing the same letters, 'DANASHULPS' in the surface. (Name) and Dean exchanged a look.

"Wow. I'd say we've officially crossed over into weird." Sam said. "Maybe Giles knew her." Dean suggested. "Or maybe it's the name of our pale red-eyed mystery girl." (Name) said. "Well. Let's see what we can see." Dean said, dropping a file on a table.

Later, Dean and (Name) are frustrated and have found nothing after searching through all accessible paper and computer files in the office. Sam meanwhile was searching on the computer the whole time.

"There's not a single mention of a Dana Shulps anywhere." (Name) said to Sam, who looks up at them. "There's not a D. Shulps. Or any other kind of friggin' Shulps." Dean added. "Great." Sam muttered, returning his gaze to the computer screen.

"What have you got?" Dean asked him. "Nothing. No Dana Shulps has ever lived or died in Baltimore in the last fifty years at least." Sam replied. "So what now?" (Name) asked. "Well, I think I'm pretty close to cracking Giles's password. Maybe there's something in his personal files, you know?" Sam said.

"By close you mean..." Dean said. "Thirty minutes, maybe?" Sam replied, shrugging. Dean glances at his watch. "Awesome. So I guess we'll just get to, uh, hang out." Dean said as he and (Name) take a seat in the chairs in front of the desk. "Awesome." Dean muttered.

(Name) rest her elbow on the arm of the chair and drop her chin in her hand, bored. Dean looks around annoyed, catching (Name) taking sneaking glances at Sam. While Sam in turns takes glances of (Name), when she looks away. Dean rolls his eyes letting out a heavy sigh and starts making clicking and mouth-fart noises.

"Dude, seriously." Sam exclaimed. "All right, we'll go talk to Karen again, see if she knows anything about this Dana Shulps, huh?" (Name) said, getting up from her chair. "Great." Sam said, smiling at her grateful. "Keep going, Sparky." Dean said to Sam, as he gets up to follow (Name)

Present Day
"Then Dean and (Name) went back to Karen's place to check up on her. I mean, you know, she had been pretty upset earlier." Sam explained. "So why didn't you go with them?" Ballard asked. "I just went back to the motel." Sam replied, shrugging. "How'd you know I was there, by the way?" He then asked.

"We found the motel matchbook on (Name) when we arrested her. Let's quit fooling around. Now you were with her and your brother the whole time you were in Baltimore. Why separate now? Because (Name) left you. To go murder Karen. And probably your brother too, seeing how he up and vanished." Ballard said.

"She didn't kill anyone." Sam said, looking up at Ballard, serious. Ballard hits the table, out of anger. "I heard the 9-1-1 call! Karen was terrified. She said someone was in the house." She exclaimed.

Flashback
Dean and (Name) arrives at Karen's and knocks on the door. "Karen, you in there?" Dean called out, getting no replied. He exchange a look with (Name). The two looks around, then Dean picks the lock and they enter. (Name) tries the light by the door, but it doesn't work. They goes further into the house, splitting up. (Name) went upstairs into the bedroom, while Dean continues searching downstairs.

(Name) pushes open the door and sees Karen lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood. Her throat is slit deeply. She sees the pages from the printer and frowns. "Seriously, what the hell?" She muttered to herself.

(Name) kneels down by Karen's body, noticing bruises on her wrists. She takes one wrist in her hand. "Freeze." A voice ordered, from behind (Name). Two cops have their guns trained on her. "Stay on your knees. Hands where I can see them. Now!" One of the officers said, (Name) complies. "Cuff her."

Present Day
Sheridan is sitting in an observation room from which he can see (Name), handcuffed to a table through the two-way mirror. "You getting anywhere with her?" Ballard asked, entering the room and taking a seat on the edge of the desk. "No. She won't say a word now. You?" He asked.

"Sam's story matches (Name's) to the last detail." Ballard replied. "Hmm. Yeah, well, these guys are good. I'll give 'em that. Any word on this Dean Winchester? Maybe he's the missing piece we need." Sheridan asked, getting up.

Ballard shook her head. "No. Nothing. If he's even alive, he's hiding real good." She replied, Sheridan grabs his jacket and the pair leaves the observation room. "If we don't get Sam to flip we have nothing but a lot of circumstantial evidence." Ballard said, worriedly.

"Hey. We've got (Name) at the crime scene with blood on her hands. Juries have convicted for less." Sheridan assured her. "Yeah, but, I mean, where's the murder weapon? What's the motive? You talk about reasonable doubt." Ballard said..

"Diana." Sheridan said, stopping to touch her face. "Do you have reasonable doubt? We keep leaning on these guys, one of them will tumble. And don't forget about St. Louis. I'm telling you. This (Name) girl is our girl." He reassured her.

"I know Tony Giles was a friend of yours." Ballard said, as they begin walking again. "Yeah. He was, he was a good friend." Sheridan replied. "Look, and I know you want to clean this mess up quick. But come on, Tony knew a lot of criminal types, I mean, maybe we're just..." Ballard started to suggested.

"Criminal types? He was a defense lawyer, for godsakes, of course he knew criminal types." Sheridan said. "All right, let's get back at 'em." Ballard said. "No, you know what? Let 'em stew in their juices for a bit." Sheridan said, stopping and leaning against a vending machine.

Ballard leans next to him, looking down the hall in thought. "Come here." Sheridan said, softly. Ballard looks at him and smiles before getting closer for a kiss.

Meanwhile, in (Name's) interrogation room, she was playing with her chain as she mutter to herself, thinking. "Dana Shulps, Dana Shulps, Dana Shulps Dana, Daaannna Shullllpppps..."

Back Sam's interrogation room, he pulls a pad of paper and a pen to him and writes 'DANA SHULPS' in block letters, frowning in thought.

"Maybe it's not a name. Maybe it's not a name." (Name) said, pulling on the little chain and letting it go, watching it jiggle for a few seconds. "Hmm." She hummed to herself, in thought.

"Anagram, maybe?" Sam asked, and he writes 'ANDA SH...' underneath the first line, then continues.

Back with (Name), she lay her head down on the table, tapping on it with all her fingers, one at a time, still muttering to herself. She let out an annoyed sigh, unable to keep track of the words she made from the rearrange letters, without writing it down. "I hate anagrams." She muttered, pouting.

There's a knock on the door and she looks up. A smiling middle-aged man pokes his head in. "Ms. Singer?" He asked. "Yeah." (Name) replied. "I'm Jeffrey Kraus. I'm with the public defender's office. I'm your lawyer." Kraus said, setting his bag on the table.

"Oh good, I'm saved." (Name) said, deadpanned as Kraus sits down. "Hey, could I, uh, steal a pen from you? Some paper?" She asked, pointing to his bag. "Sure." Kraus replied and he hands over the items to (Name), who starts scribbling away.

"Uh, well, the police haven't found a weapon yet. So that's good. But, uh, they got your prints. And literally blood on your hands. And with your police record, uh..." Kraus explained, stopping when he notice (Name) is completely ignoring him.

"Ms. Singer? What are you doing?" He asked. "I think it's an anagram." She replied. "A what?" Kraus asked, confused. "An anagram. Same letters, different words." (Name) said.

The pad of paper now reads:
DNA SHULPS
DAN SHULPAS
LAND PUSHAS
SUPASH LAND
PUSH LANDAS
PLUSH DANAS

"Hey, can do you me a favor? Do you recognize any of these words, you know, local names, places, anything like that?" She asked, turning the pad towards Kraus. "Do you understand how serious these charges are?" Kraus asked her.

(Name) frowned with a deadpan look, and held up her chained up hand. "I'm handcuffed to a table. I think I got some idea the amount of crap I'm in. Please just humor me. Take a quick look." She said, dropping her hand on the table.

Kraus pulls the pad over to him. "Well, S-U-P, I don't know about that, but Ashland is a street name. Not far from here." He said. "A street?" (Name) asked, taking the pad back, tearing off a sheet of paper and starts writing again.

"Let's start with where you were the night Anthony Giles died." Kraus said, trying to get back on track. "Can you get in to see my friend?" (Name) asked him, still not ready to play along.

"Ms. Singer, you could be facing the death penalty here." Kraus warned her. "Yeah, I know how this works, Matlock. But, if you really want to help me... I need you to see my friend." She said, holding up the folded note she just finished writing on.

Sam looks at the note (Name) sent him, which reads:
HILTS —
IT'S A STREET
ASHLAND.
-MCQUEEN

"I hope that's meaningful. But I'd like to discuss your case now." Kraus said to him. "Sure thing, Matlock." Sam said, gesturing to the chair across from him. "You two must be two peas in a pod." Kraus said, taking a seat in the chair.

"Now. As you know, the DA might be interested in..." He started to say, but was interrupted by a knock on the door is quickly followed by Ballard, who addresses Kraus. "We need you. With the other one." She said and Sam looks at her, nervous.

Several others have crowded into the observation room outside where (Name) is being held; across from her seat is a digital camera that has been set up. Ballard and Kraus enter. "Counselor? Your girl decided to confess." Sheridan said to Kraus.

"Ms. Singer? I'd advise against that strongly." Kraus told her, but she ignored him. "Talk directly into the camera, first stating your name for the record." Sheridan said, pointing to the camera.

(Name) clears her throat and leans forward, looking into the camera. "My name is (Name) Singer. I'm an Pisces. I enjoy space, video games, and there's only one man in this world that I love. And I did not kill anyone. But I know who did. Or rather what did. Of course it can't be for sure, because our investigation was interrupted. But our working theory was that we're looking for some kind of vengeful spirit."

"Excuse me?" Ballard asked, confused. "You know, Casper the bloodthirsty ghost?" (Name) asked, in the observation room, the spectators start laughing.

"Tony Giles saw it. I'll bet you cash money Karen did too. But see, the interesting thing is the word it leaves behind. For some reason it's trying to tell us something. But communicating across the veil, it ain't easy. You know, sometimes the spirits, they, they get things jumbled. You remember 'REDRUM'. Same concept. You know, it's, uh, maybe word fragments... other times, it's anagrams. See, at first we thought this was a name, Dana Shulps. But now we think it's a street. Ashland. Whatever's going on, I'll bet you it started there." (Name) explained showing the tear off piece of paper she wrote on early. She the spreads her hands and smiles, like 'ta-da!'

"You arrogant bitch. Tony and Karen were good people, and you're making jokes." Sheridan said, glaring down at her angrily. "I'm not joking, Ponch." (Name) replied. "You murdered them in cold blood just like that girl in St. Louis." Sheridan growled, leaning over the table next to her.

"Oh, yeah. That wasn't me either. That was a shape-shifter creature that only looked like me." (Name) explained, smiling at the camera. Sheridan losing his temper and hauls (Name) up by the collar, slamming her against the wall.

"Pete, that is enough!" Ballard yelled. Sheridan stares (Name) down hard, not backing down. "You asked for the truth." (Name) said. "Lock her ass up." Sheridan said, letting her go. Another cop takes over, shoving (Name) face-first against the wall and handcuffing her.

Sheridan and Ballard return to Sam's interrogation room, only to find he's gone. The coffee and the note are still on the table. "What the hell? Where is he?" Sheridan asked, going to the window, which is open, and looks out. It's a four story drop with no visible fire escape nearby.

Ballard sees the note on the table and picks it up. "What'd he do? The fire escape's way over..." Sheridan started to say, gesturing to the other window. But he stops when he sees Ballard looking at the note. "What?" He asked.

"These two...." She replied, handing him the note. "Hilts and McQueen?" Sheridan said, confused. "Hilts is Steve McQueen's character in the Great Escape." Ballard said.

That night, Ballard enters the bathroom and the lights flicker. She sighs, as she approaches the sink, it turns on by itself, she recoils. All the faucets start pouring out hot water, steam rising. In the fogging mirror the letters 'DANASHULPS' are formed. Ballard scrubs them away to reveal the ghost. Her throat is slit deeply, her eyes deep red. She struggles to talk.

(Name's) P.O.V
Well, this certainly won't make my top ten favorite nights list. Getting arrested never looks good on your record. At least it seems like Dean managed to escape Karen's house. With him and now Sam out of the station, this spirit would be put to rest in no time.

Me on the other hand... well I was taken out of my holding cell and return to the interrogation room where I was handcuffed to another table. Ballard enters, shutting the door quickly and looking nervous. "Aren't we done for the night? Your partner assaulting me kinda of tired me out a little, ya know." I grumbled.

"I want to know more about that stuff you were talking about earlier." Ballard said. "Time Life. Mysteries of the Unknown. Look it up." I replied, dropping my chin onto my palm, with a tired expression.

"Let's pretend for the moment you're not entirely insane." Ballard said, I shrugged. "What would one of these things be doing here?" She asked. "A vengeful spirit? Well, they're created by violent deaths. And then they come back for a reason, usually a nasty one. Like revenge on the people that hurt 'em." I explained.

"And uh, these, they're capable of killing people?" Ballard asked, rubbing her neck. I narrow my eyes as I notice something on her wrist. "Where did you get that?" I asked, pointing to her arm.

Ballard pulls up her sleeves to reveal deep bruises, like those on Karen's wrists. "I don't know. It, it wasn't there before." She said. "You've seen it, haven't you? The spirit?" I asked, looking at her serious. "How did you know?" Ballard asked.

"Because Karen had the same bruises on her wrists. And I'm willing to bet that if you look at Giles' autopsy photos he's got 'em too, it's got something to do with this spirit, I... I don't know what." I explained, Ballard turns away to look at the two-way mirror, distraught.

"Look I know what's going through your head right now. You think you're going crazy. But we're gonna have to skip that part, for now. Because the last two people who saw this thing? Died, pretty soon after. You hear me?" I said, firmly. "You think I'm going to die." Ballard said, turning around to look at me. "You need to go to Sam and Dean. They'll help." I said.

"You're giving your friends up." Ballad said, stepping closer to the table. "Go to the first motel listed in the yellow pages. Look for Jim Rockford or John Bonham, it's how we find each other when we're separated. Now you can arrest them if you want. Or you can let them save your life." I explained, Ballard stared back at me, seeming conflicted on what to do.

I was taken back to my cell after that, where couple hours later, I was hauled out again and toss into the back of an armored van that was being driven by Sheridan. "So I'm being extradited to St. Louis, huh? And you just decided to transfer me yourself, eight hundred miles? At two in the morning?" I asked, the officer who doesn't even acknowledge me. "Well this can't be good." I muttered.

Some time later, Sheridan pulls off the road and stops. "What you gotta pee? So soon? You might want to get your prostate checked." I said, Sheridan doesn't say anything and gets out, circling to the back. "Damnit." I muttered, getting a pretty clear idea what's about about to happen.

Sheridan opens the van. "Yeah, I'm cool staying in the van. You go do what you gotta do." I said, Sheridan still remain silent and hauls me out, tossing me to the ground. "You're a cocky little bitch." He growled. "Oh, you think I'm cocky? You should meet Dean." I said, sitting up. "Actually I'm a pretty nice gal. I just don't tolerate monsters." I sneered.

"I'm a monster? You're murderer." He said, I shrugged. "I only kill things that are asking for it. But then again... I guess it does take a monster to know a monster, then." I said, Sheridan glares down at me and backhands me across the face, knocking me back down.

"You think those people in St. Louis are gonna buy that crap you're peddling? Here's the thing. You're not gonna make it to St. Louis. You're gonna die trying to escape." He said, pulling out his gun and points it at my head.

I stared back at him unfazed and sat myself up again.  "I'll see you in hell." I said. "You'll be there for a good long time before I show up." Sheridan growled, cocking the gun. "I don't mind waiting." I replied.

"Pete!" We heard a voice yell and we turn our heads to see Sam, Dean, and Ballard. "Put the gun down." Ballard ordered, her gun pointed at Sheridan. "Diana? How'd you find me?" Sheridan asked her, shocked. "I know about Claire." Ballard said. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said, trying to act dumb.

"Put the gun down!" Ballard ordered again. "Oh, I don't think so. You're fast. I'm pretty sure I'm faster." Sheridan said. "Why are you doing this?" She asked him. "I didn't do anything, Diana." He replied. "It's a little late for that." She said.

"It wasn't my fault. Claire was trying to turn me in, I had no choice." Sheridan admitted. "And Tony? Karen?" Ballard asked. "Same thing! Tony scrubbed the money, he got skittish, and then he wanted to come clean. I'm sure he told Karen everything." He replied.

I glances at the boys, who were giving me 'How do we get out of this' looks. I shrugged in response, Dean shakes his head, and Sam grits his teeth. "It was a mess. I had to clean it up. I just panicked." Sheridan said to Ballard. "How many more people are gonna die over this, Pete?" She asked.

"There's a way out. This (Name) kid's a friggin' gift. We could pin the whole thing on her. Right? No trial, nothing. Just, just one more dead scumbag." Sheridan said, nodding to me. "Hey!" I said, offended, Sheridan raises the gun and I back off.

"No one will question it. Diana, please. I still love you." Sheridan said to Ballard, and she starts to lowers the gun. "Thank you. Thank you." He said, grateful. As he turns back to me, Ballard brings her gun up and fires, hitting Sheridan in the stomach. He goes down and I roll out of the way.

"Then why don't you buy me another necklace, you ass?" Ballard exclaimed. He tackles her legs, knocking her down, she loses her gun and the boys tries to go for it, but Sheridan gets there first. "Don't do it! Don't do it!" He ordered.

Ballard stares past Sheridan, who turns to see the ghost behind him, staring through her bloody hair. She smiles and a gunshot goes off. Ballard had a recovered weapon and shot Sheridan in the back. He goes down, more permanently this time.

After uncuffing me, Ballard was kneeling by the body of her late partner, as dawn came upon us. She gets up and approaches us, standing nearby. "You doing all right?" Sam asked her. "Not really. The death omen Claire. What happens to her now?" Ballard asked. "Should be over. She should be at rest." Sam replied.

"So, uh. What now, officer?" Dean asked her. "Pete did confess to me. He screwed up both your cases royally. I'd say that there's a good chance that we could get your cases dismissed." She replied. "You'd take care of that for us?" I asked, hopeful.

"I hope so. But the St. Louis murder charges? That's another story. I can't help you. Unless... I just happened to turn my back, and you walked away. I could just tell them that the suspects escaped." Ballard said. "Wait, are you sure?" Sam asked her. "Yeah, she's sure, Sam." Dean said. "No, it's just, I mean, you could lose your job over something like that." Sam said to Ballard.

"Look, I just want you guys out there doing what you do best. Trust me, I'll sleep better at night." She said, turning to go but stops herself. "Listen, you need to watch your back. They're gonna be looking for all three of you right now. Get out of here. I gotta radio this in." She said.

"Hey, uh, you wouldn't happen to know where my car is, by chance?" Dean asked her. "It's at the impound yard down on Robertson." Ballard replied, then she sees Dean's calculating look. "Don't... even think about it." She warned him.

"It's okay, it's all right, don't worry. We'll, uh, we'll just improvise. I mean, we're pretty good at that." Sam said. "Yeah. I've noticed." Ballard said, and we walked off down the road.

"Nice lady." Sam said. "Yeah, for a cop. Did she look familiar to you?" Dean asked us. "Nope." I replied. "No, why?" Sam asked as he shoved his brother, playfully. "I don't know." He replied.

"Anyway, are you boys hungry?" I asked. "No." Sam said. "Always." Dean said. "For some reason I could really go for some pea soup." I said, and we continue down the load road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1K 23
"What the hell? What are you?" you demanded, gun drawn. "Jack. Who are you?" the young man asked, holding his hand out. "Sam! Dean!" You yelled for...
2.7K 157 15
Noelle Singer has been best friends with the Winchester boys since they were kids. Her and Sam were practically inseparable. At the age of 16 they be...
5.7K 330 9
TORTURED MINDS A Sam Winchester fanfiction, where the niece of Bobby Singer, Kinsey, meets the infamous Winchester boys. Unbeknownst to her, she is d...
104K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...