Supernatural (Sam Winchester...

By SlinkyDogg

After her parents were killed by hellhounds, Bobby Singer a close family friend took (Name) (Last Name) in an... More

Prologue: The Winchester Boys And Their Little Friend Too!
We Got Work To Do
Wendigo
Dead In The Water
Phantom Traveler
Bloody Mary
Skin
Hook Man
Bugs
Home
Asylum
Scarecrow
Faith
Nightmare
The Benders
Shadow
Hell House
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Provenance
Dead Man's Blood
Salvation
Devil's Trap
In My Time Of Dying
Everybody Loves A Clown
Bloodlust
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Simon Said
No Exit
The Usual Suspects
Crossroad Blues
Croaton
Hunted
Playthings
Night Shifter
Houses Of The Holey
Heart
Born Under A Bad Sign
Tall Tales
Roadkill
Hollywood Babylon
Folsom Prison Blues
What Is And Should Never Be
Be Careful What You Wish For
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 1
All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2
How To Girlfriend 101
The Magnificent Seven
The Kids Are Alright
Bad Day At Black Rock
Sin City
Bedtime Stories
Red Sky At Morning
Fresh Blood
A Very Supernatural Christmas
Malleus Maleficarum
Dream A Little Dream For Me
An Asexual Tries To Write Smut
I Love You Like A Cheesy Love Song
Mystery Spot
Jus In Bello
Ghostfacers!
Long-Distance Call
Time Is On My Side
No Rest For The Wicked
4 Months = 40 Years In Hell
Lazarus Rising
Gripped You Tight & Raised You From Perdition
Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester
In The Beginning: (Name) Edition
Metamorphosis
Monster Movie
Yellow Fever
It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
Wishful Thinking
I know What You Did Last Summer
Heaven And Hell
Family Remains
Criss Angel Is A Douche Bag
After School Special
Sex And Violence
Death Takes A Hoilday
On The Head Of A Pin
It's A Terrible Life
Cubicle Boy & Mail Girl
The Monster At The End Of This Book
Jump The Shark
The Rapture
When The Levee Breaks
Lucifer Raising
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
Sympathy For The Devil
Good God, Y'all
Free To Be You And Me
The End
Fallen Idols
I Believe The Children Are Our Future
The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester
Changing Channels
The Real Ghostbusters
Abandoned All Hope
Sam, Interrupted
I'm (Not) Fine
The Song Remains The Same
My Bloody Valentine
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Dark Side Of The Moon
99 Problems
Point Of No Return
Hammer Of Gods
The Devil You Know
Two Minutes To Midnight
Before You Go
Swan Song
Bring Back What Once Was Mine
Epilogue Part 1: Figuring Out How To Be Normal
Epilogue Part 2: Dean's Happily Ever After
Epilogue Part 3: To New Beginnings
Epilogue Part 4: My Angel
Epilogue Part 5: Laters, Gators
Bonus: The French Mistake
Bonus: Scoobynatural
What If (Name) Was In The Coma Instead
Alternate Confession Scene
Supernatural Memes I Made

Route 666

2.9K 100 33
By SlinkyDogg

Sam and I were looking at a map laid out on top of the car, while Dean has his phone to his ear. "Okay. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought." Sam said.

Dean lower his phone, looking thoughtful. "Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania." He said. "We're what?" I asked, confused. "I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing." Dean replied, walking around the Impala to the driver's side. "What?" Sam asked, confused.

"Yeah. Believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us." Dean said, before getting into the car. Sam and I glance at each other, confused. "Come on, are you guys coming or not?" Dean asked us. I shrugged and got in the car, along with Sam.

The Impala cruised down the road, fields on one side, a lake on the other. "By old friend you mean...?" Sam started to say. "A friend that's not new." Dean said, interrupting him. "Oh yeah, thanks." Sam replied, sarcastically.

"So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her." I said, Dean glance up at the review mirror to look at me. "Didn't I?" He asked. Sam and I looked at him, expectantly. "Yeah, we went out." Dean said, plainly.

"You mean you dated somebody? For more than one night." Sam said, in disbelief. "Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks." Dean explained.

"And...?" Sam asked, Dean shrugs slightly not answering. "Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do." Sam said. "Which by the way, how does she know what we do?" I asked, Dean looks at the rearview mirror again, his looks shifts.

"You told her." I said, in shocked. Sam looks at Dean just as shock but also angry. "You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?" He asked, angrily.

Dean stays silent, staring straight ahead. "Dean!" Sam shouted. "Yeah. Looks like." Dean replied, continuing to stare ahead. Sam makes a irritated look, shaking his head.

We arrived at Cape Girardeau, Missouri and enter a newspaper office. "Jimmy, you're too close to this. Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss." A Caucasian man said to two African Americans, a man and a woman. The man walk away and the woman sighs, turning around, her eyes immediately locking on to Dean.

Looking slightly apprehensive, Dean nods at her and grins. "Dean." She said, softly. "Hey Cassie." Dean replied as she walks over to us, not taking her eyes off him. They stare at each other for a long moment, not speaking.

Sam and I watch, smiling to ourselves. Dean clears his throat and gestures to us. "This my brother Sam." He said, introducing Sam first. Cassie smiles at Sam, who returns one of his own.

"And our friend (Name)." Dean said, introducing me next. Cassie's smile seem weaken a bit when she looked at me, or maybe it was just my imagination. I smiled back and slightly waved at her. Cassie gaze returns to Dean. "Sorry bout your dad." Dean said, apologetically. "Yeah. Me too." She said and they continue staring at each other, like Sam and I weren't even here.

Cassie took us back to her place, where she explained what happen to her father. Cassie enters the living room carrying a tray of tea and cups. "My mothers in pretty bad shape. I've been staying with her. I wish she wouldn't go off by herself. She's been so nervous and frightened. She was worried about dad." She explained.

"Why?" Dean asked. "He was scared. He was seeing things." Cassie replied, as she pours the tea for us. "Like what?" I asked. "He swore he saw an awful-looking black truck following him." She said. "A truck. Who was the driver?" Sam asked.

"He didn't talk about a driver. Just the truck. He said it would appear and disappear. And, in the accident, Dad's car was dented, like it had been slammed into by something big." She explained as she hands up our cups of tea.

"Thanks. Now you're sure this dent wasn't there before?" Sam asked, accepting his cup. Dean and I look at our cups of tea like they were aliens. Dean quickly deposits his on a side table next to him. While I just sat there with my cup, unsure of what to do with it.

"He sold cars. Always drove a new one. There wasn't a scratch on that thing. It had rained hard that night. There was mud everywhere. There was a distinct set of muddy tracks leading from dad's car...leading right to the edge, where he went over." Cassie explained and she bows her head, trying to keep herself composed. "One set of tracks. His." She muttered.

"The first was a friend of your fathers?" Dean asked. "Best friend. Clayton Soames.They owned the car dealership together. Same thing. Dent. No Tracks. And the cops said exactly what they said about dad. He 'lost control of his car.'" She explained. "Can you think of any reason why your father and his partner might be targets?" I asked. "No." She replied. "And you think this vanishing truck ran them off the road?" Sam asked.

"When you say it aloud like that... listen, I'm a little sceptical about this... ghost stuff... or whatever it is you guys are into." She said, shaking her head. "Skeptical. If I remember, I think you said I was nuts." Dean huffed. "That was then." Cassie said and they stare at each other again. "I just know that I can't explain what happened up there. So I called you." She said.

We then heard the sound of a door opening, a middle aged woman enters. We rise to our feet, as Cassie goes to take her mother's arm. "Mom. Where have you been I was so..." Cassie said, to her mother who was looking at the boys and I. "I had no idea you'd invited friends over." She said.

"Mom, this is Dean, a... friend of mine from.... college. And his brother Sam and their friend (Name)." Cassie said, introducing us. "Well I won't interrupt you." Mrs. Robinson said.

"Mrs Robinson. We're sorry for your loss. We'd like to talk to you for a minute if you don't mind?" Dean asked. "I'm really not up for that right now." She said, slightly affronted and she leaves the room. The boys and I glance at each other.

The next day Cassie called Dean, saying her father's friend from yesterday was killed, in the exact same way as her father. We headed over to the field where he was found dead, walking towards Cassie as she talks the man from yesterday. "Close the main road. The only road in and out of town? Accidents do happen Cassie, and that's what they are. Accidents."

"Did the cops check for additional dinting on Jimmy's car, see if it was pushed?" Dean asked him as we walked up. "Who's this?" The man asked Cassie, as he eyed us. "Dean and Sam Winchester and (Name) Singer. Family friends. This is Mayor Harold Todd." Cassie introduced us.

"There's one set of tire tracks. One... doesn't point to foul play." Todd said. "Mayor, the police and town officials take their cues from you. If you're indifferent about..." Cassie started to say. "Indifferent!" Todd exclaimed offended.

"Would you close the road if the victims were white?" Cassie asked him, angry. "You suggesting I'm racist Cassie? I'm the last person you should talk to like that." He said. "And why is that?" She asked. "Why don't you ask your mother." Todd said and he walks away, leaving us standing in the field.

3rd Person P.O.V
The boys were in their hotel room, changing into their suits. Sam picked up his suit jacket and walked up to the mirror. "I'll say this for her, she's fearless." He said, slipping the jacket on. "Mm-hmm." Dean hummed as she fix his tie in the other mirror.

"Bet she kicked your ass a coupla times." Sam said, grinning. Dean glances at him then returns his eyes onto the mirror. "What's interesting is you guys never really look at each other at the same time. You look at her when she's not looking, she checks you out when you look away. It's just a... just an interesting observation in a.... you know... observationally interesting way." Sam said.

"You think we might have more pressing issues here?" Dean asked, turning to look at his brother. "Hey, if I'm hitting a nerve." Sam said, snickering. Dean glared back at him. "Okay how about we talk about you then, Mr. Observation." He said. "What do you mean?" Sam asked, still grinning.

"I mean when you look at (Name) when she's not looking." Dean said, raising his eyebrows. Sam drop his smile slightly. "(Name) has really help me deal with Jessica's death. I look to her for guidance sometimes." He said, defensively.

"Oh. So tell me, what guidance did you find in those swaying hips?" Dean asked, smirking. Sam drop his smile completely this time and looks embarrassed. "See? I notice things too." Dean said, grinning. "I wasn't...! I gazed... glanced in that direction. I wasn't staring." Sam said, sheepishly.

"Uh-huh." Dean said, nodding amused. "Look whenever you think you saw, you're wrong. I've always seen (Name) as a friend. Nothing more." Sam said, firmly. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Sammy." Dean said, patting his shoulder and turning away. "Let's go." He said, walking to the door. Sam drop his gaze towards the ground, frustrated. Either with his brother... or with himself.

Sam sighs and follows Dean out of the motel room. (Name) was leaning against the backseat door on the passenger side, wearing a similar suit to the boys. She was fiddling with a tie, trying to tie it. But it's pretty obvious she had no idea what she was doing and was becoming more and more frustrated.

"You know, you don't need to wear a tie, right?" Sam asked, walking up and finding her annoyed look, amusing. "I know. But I think they're cool." She replied, continuing to struggle with the tie as Dean enters the Impala behind her on the other side.

Sam snigger and move to stand in front of her. "Here." He said. (Name) froze up as he steps closer, taking the tie and undoing the mess she did. Once undo, Sam begin tying it properly for her.

"There. Now you look professional." Sam said, gently pulling down on the tie to tighten it but not too much to choke her. He smiles at his work and look up from the tie to meet her eyes. (Name) smiles, bashfully, wanting to thank him, but she couldn't find the will to speak. The two continued staring into each other's eyes, unable to look away.

HONK!

The Impala's horn honks, startling the two. (Name) jump off the car, crashing into Sam's chest, who wraps his arms around her, protectively. Sam looks towards the window, seeing Dean mouth 'come on!' at him. Sam glares back at him, annoyed.

Sam then glances down at (Name), noticing the tips of her ears were red. Slowly, she lifted her head to meet his eyes and he could see her whole face was now bright red. When she blushes hard enough, it seems like her ears turn red. She looked absolutely adorable.

Sam felt as if his heart was now suddenly tied up in a knot. But that couldn't be possible. He only felt that way about Jessica and some girls he dated in the past. He's never felt that towards (Name) before. It had be a fluke or something.

Sam swallow the lump in his throat as he removed his arms from around (Name) and grab the door to the backseat, opening it for her. "We uh... should go." He said, nervously. "Right-right." (Name) stammered, turning and entering the car.

Once seated inside, Sam closed the door and moves to the passenger door. He let's out a breath as he opens his door and takes a seat inside, looking to be in deep thought.

(Name's) P.O.V
The boys and I walked down a pier, approaching two older men having lunch. "Excuse me. Are you Ron Stubbins?" Dean asked, Ron nods. "You were friends with Jimmy Anderson?" He asked next. "Who are you?" Ron asked, looking between the boys and I.

"We're Mr Anderson's insurance company. We're just here to dot 'I's' and cross 'T's'." Dean explained. "We were just wondering, had the deceased mentioned any unusual recent experiences?" Sam asked. "What do you mean, unusual?" Ron asked. "Well visions, halluinations." I replied.

"It's part of a medical examination kind of thing. All very standard." Dean said. "What company did you say you were with?" Ron asked, looking at us suspicious. "All National Mutual." Dean replied, slightly pulling out a newspaper he had his suit jacket. He quickly slide it back down before Ron could get an actual good look at it.

"Tell me, did he ever mention seeing a truck? A big black truck?" Dean then asked. "What the hell you talking about? You even speaking English?" Ron asked. "Son this truck, a big scary monster looking thing?" The man next to Ron asked.

"Yeah actually, I think so." Dean replied, the man nodded. "What?" Dean asked. "I have heard of a truck like that." The man said. "You have. Where?" I asked. "Not where. When. Back in the '60s there was a string of deaths. Black men. Story goes, they disappeared in a big, nasty, black truck." He explained.

"They ever catch the guy who did it?" Dean asked. "Never found him. Hell, not sure they even really looked. See there was a time, this town wasn't too friendly to all it's citzens." The man explained. "Thank you." Sam said and we made our way back down the pier towards the Impala.

"Truck." I muttered. "Keeps coming up doesn't it?" Sam asked. "You know, I was thinking. You guys heard of the flying dutchman?" Dean asked. "Yeah, a ghost ship, infused with the Captain's evil spirit. It was basically part of him." Sam replied, Dean nodded. "So what if we're dealing with the same thing? You know, a phantom truck, an extension of some bastard's ghost, re-enacting past crimes." He said.

"The victims have all been black men." I pointed out. "I think it's more than that. They all seem connected to Cassie and her family." Dean said. "All right. Well, you work that angle, go talk to her." Sam told him. "Yeah, I will." Dean replied.

"Oh, and you might also wanna mention that other thing." Sam said, Dean stop next to the car turning around to look at him. "What other thing?" He asked. "The serious, unfinished business?" Sam said, Dean remains obstinately silent. Sam huffs a laugh. "Dean, what is going on between you two?" He asked.

"All right, so maybe we were a little bit more involved than I said." Dean said, Sam and I stared at him waiting. "Oh, Okay." Sam said. "Okay, a lot more. Maybe. And I told her our secret, about what we do. And I shouldn't have." Dean replied.

"Ah look man, everybody's gotta open up to someone sometime." Sam said, glancing at me and smiles. "Yeah I don't. It was stupid to get that close. I mean, look how it ended." Dean said, Sam smiles at him.

"Would you stop!" Dean exclaimed, but Sam just keeps staring and smiling. "Blink or something!" He ordered. "You loved her." Sam said. "Oh God." Dean mumbled, turning to the Impala. "You were in love with her, but you dumped her." Sam said, Dean remain silent. He stares at the ground, glances at Sam, then looks back to the ground.

"Oh wow. She dumped you." Sam said, in disbelief. "Get in the car." Dean growled, as he gets in himself. "Get in the car!" He yelled before pulling his door shut. Sam and I glance at each other, before getting in the car like his brother wants.

That night Sam and I were in the boys's hotel room, spending hours doing research while Dean went to see Cassie. But we soon hit a dead end, with not enough clues to give us any idea of what to look into next.

I lean back in my chair tired, glancing over at the clock. "Shouldn't he back by now?" I asked, referring to Dean. Sam look up from his laptop at me then back down to check the time. "He's probably still working things out with her." He replied, with a half smile. "Ugh." I said in disgust, understanding what he meant.

"You've travel a lot before joining Dean and I, right?" Sam asked, looking up from his laptop at me again. "Yeah, all over. Why?" I asked, curious. "Have you met anyone like Cassie. You know someone that makes you want to..." He said, then shrugs. "I don't know want to put this life on hold to be with them?" He asked.

I stare at Sam, feeling my chest tightening as my heart flutters. I clear my throat and look away, scratching the back of my neck. "Nope. No one's ever caught my eye." I lied. "Really?" He asked, sounding surprised by this. "Nada. Besides even if I did, I said so before. I can't imagine my life without being a hunter. So it wouldn't work out anyway." I said.

Sam nodded slightly, looking down in thought. "Did Jessica make you feel like that?" I asked, causing Sam to lift his head again to look at me. "If you don't mind my asking." I said. "Yeah... yeah she did." He muttered sadly, dropping his gaze again.

It always breaks my heart to see Sam like this. Even if she made me jealous without even meeting her... Sam really loved her. He shouldn't have had to lose her. Especially like that. "How did you guys meet?" I asked and Sam looked up at me slightly.

"My best friend, Brady introduced us. He came back from thanksgiving break a mess. Dropped out of pre-med, slept around and used drugs. I try to help him get back on the right track. Then he introduced me to Jessica and everything took off from there. We started dating and got a apartment together a year later. Before Dean showed up I was actually looking for an engagement ring...." Sam explained, he then looks down again in sorrow. "I never got to find the perfect one." He muttered, sadly.

Slowly, I reached my hand out to place it over Sam's left hand. Sam turn his head slightly to look at my hand on top of his. "I'm sure she would have loved any ring you picked out." I assured him.

Sam turn his hand over to grab mine and hold it, before lifting his head to look at me and smile a little. I return the smile and Sam spend the rest of the night telling me more stories about Jessica.

Talking about her really seemed help and he started smiling more as he went on. I tried not to let my jealousy get in the way as I listened. But it really hurt to hear how much Jessica made him happy... in a way I could never. But seeing that affectionate smile on Sam's face as he talked about her. Made it all worth it just seeing him smile like that again.

The next morning, we soon found out that there was another killing. This time the Mayor Todd, debunking the theory that the truck only goes after black men. Dean didn't return to the hotel so Sam called him, telling him to meet us at the field where Todd was killed.

Sam and I were talking to a cop when Dean finally arrived. "He's with us." Sam told the cop as he puts his fake ID away. The cop leaves and Sam turns to Dean with a smirk. "Where were you last night? You didn't make it back to the hotel." He said.

"Well..." Dean said, trailing off. "I'm guessing you guys worked things out?" Sam asked. "We'll be working things out when we're ninety. So what happened?" Dean asked.

"Every bone crushed. Internal organ's turned to pudding. The cops are all stumped, it's like something ran him over." I explained as we begin walking. "Something like a truck?" Dean asked. "Yep." Sam replied. "Tracks?" Dean asked next. "Nope." I replied.

"What was the Mayor doing here anyway?" Dean asked. "He owned the property. Bought it a few weeks ago." Sam said. "But he's white, he doesn't fit the pattern." Dean said. "Killings didn't happen up on the road. That doesn't fit either." I said.

Dean went back to the newspaper office to do some research with Cassie, while Sam and I dig through the courthouse records. Together we found out Todd bought the Dorian family home and bulldozed it. The killings started the very next day.

We return to the hotel to do more research when Dean got a call from Cassie. Saying the truck was driving by her house and we headed right over to her place.

Dean sat beside Cassie, protectively. Sam comes in and hands her a cup of tea. Cassie hands were shaking, rattling the cup. "Maybe you could throw a couple of shots in that." She said.

"You didn't see who was driving the truck?" I asked as Sam sat down beside me. "It seemed to be no one. Everything was moving so fast. And then it was just gone. Why didn't it kill us?" Cassie asked.

"Whoever was controlling the truck wants you afraid first." Dean said. "Mrs. Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw the truck before he died." Sam said, looking at over at Mrs. Robinson who sat across from her daughter shaking.

"Mom?" Cassie asked, her mother looks over at her. "Oh. Martin was under a lot of stress. You can't be sure about what he was seeing." She said. "Well after tonight I think we can be reasonably sure he was seeing a truck. What happened tonight, you and Cassie are marked. Okay? Your daughter could die. So if you know something now would be a really good time to tell us about it." Dean said, sternly.

"Dean..." Cassie started to say. "Yes. Yes, he said he saw a truck." Mrs. Robinson said, talking over her daughter. "Did he know who it belonged to?" Sam asked. "He thought he did." Mrs. Robinson replied. "Who was that?" Dean asked.

"Cyrus. A man named Cyrus." Mrs. Robinson said getting upset. The boys and I look at each other, Dean reaches for his bag and shows Mrs. Robinson the newspaper article about Dorian's death. "Is this Cyrus?" He asked. "Cyrus Dorian died more than 40 years ago." Mrs. Robinson said.

"How do you know he died, Mrs Robinson? The paper's said he went missing. How do you know he died?" Dean asked, softly. "We were all very young. I dated Cyrus a while, I was also seeing Martin...in secret of course. Inter-racial couples didn't go over too well back then. When I broke it off with Cyrus and when he found out about Martin, I don't know, he, changed. His hatred. His hatred was frightening." Mrs. Robinson explained.

"The murders." I said. "There were rumours. People of colour disappearing into some kind of a truck. Nothing was ever done. Martin and a... Martin and I, we were gunna be, uh, married in that little church near here, but last minute we decided to elope as we didn't want the attention." Mrs. Robinson explained, getting more upset.

"And Cyrus?" Dean asked. Mrs. Robinson starts breaking down as she explained more. "The day we set for the wedding, was the day someone set fire to the church. There was a children's choir practising in there. They all died." She said, through her tears.

"Did the attacks stop after that?" Sam asked, softly. Mrs. Robinson starts sobbing as she goes on. "No! There was one more. One night that truck came for Martin. Cyrus beat him something terrible. But Martin, you see, Martin got loose. And he started hitting Cyrus and he just kept hitting him and hitting him."

"Why didn't you call the cops?" Dean asked, Mrs. Robinson looked at him like he was nuts. "This was forty years ago. He called on his friends, Clayton Soames and Jimmy Anderson, and they put Cyrus' body into the truck and they rolled it into the swamp at the end of his land and all three of them kept that secret all of these years." She explained.

"And now all three are gone." Sam said. "And so is Mayor Todd." I said. "Now he said that you of all people would know he is not a racist. Why would he say that?" Dean asked.

"He was a good man. He was a young deputy back then investigating Cyrus' disappearence. Once he figured out what Martin and the others had done he... he did nothing, because he also knew what Cyrus had done." Mrs. Robinson explained.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Cassie asked. "I thought I was protecting them. And now there's no one left to protect." Mrs. Robinson said, still crying. "Yes there is." Dean said and he looks at Cassie. So does Mrs. Robinson, looking shaken.

A little later, Sam and I were leaning against Impala, when Dean exited the house and walk down to us. "Ah, my life was so simple. Just school, exams, papers on polycentric cultural norms." Sam said. "So I guess I saved you from a boring existence." Dean said, leaning on the car with us. "Yeah, occasionally I miss boring." Sam replied and sigh.

"Ah come on. This crazy life of ours gotta have some perks, right?" I asked, nudging him lightly. Sam stares ahead for a moment in thought then nods. "It's got a few." He said, turning to look at me and smiled. I return the smile and we just stared at each other for a moment.

"So this killer truck." Dean said, breaking our staring contest "I miss conversations that didn't start with 'this killer truck'. Ahhh.." Sam said, making Dean and I laugh a little. "Well this Cyrus guy. Evil on a level that infected even his truck. When he died, the swamp became his tomb, and his spirit was dormant for 40 years." Dean said.

"So what woke it up?" I asked. "The construction on his house. Or the destruction." Dean replied. "Right. Demolition or remodelling can awaken spirits, make them restless." Sam said, Dean nodded. "Mmm-hmm."

"Like that theatre in Illinois, ya know?" Sam asked. "And the guy that tore down the family homestead, Harold Todd, is the same guy that kept Cyrus' murder quiet and unsolved." Dean said. "So now his spirit is awakened and out for blood." I said

"Yeah I guess. Who knows what ghosts are thinking anyway." Dean said. "You know we're going to have to dredge that body up from the swamp right." Sam said, Dean looks at us and smiles. "Man." Sam muttered. "You said it." I said, patting him on the back. "Yeah." Sam mumbled.

Cassie exits her house and walks down to us, Dean steps away from the car to look at her. "Hey." He greeted her. "Hey. She's asleep. Now what?" She asked. "Well you should stay put and look after her... and we'll be back. Don't leave the house." Dean told her, Cassie smiles at him. "Don't go getting all authoritative on me. I hate it." She said.

Dean glances behind him to us. Sam looks down, grinning, while I look away. "Don't leave the house please?" Dean mumbled. Cassie blinks slowly at Dean and he leans in to kiss her, smiling. Sam glances over, grinning at them making out, and clears his throat.

Dean keeps kissing Cassie, holding one finger back at his brother to wait. Sam scoffs and shook his head. Finally Dean breaks the kiss, staring down at Cassie. "You guys coming or what?" He asked us, walking past us to the driver's door of the Impala.

We headed over to the Dorian's place where Dean back a tractor toward the swamp, while Sam and I had the fun part of connecting the chain to the truck. "All right. Let's get her up." Sam said and Dean begins driving froward, pulling the truck out of the water.

"All right. A little more. Little more." I said as Dean continued to driving, until the truck was back on land again. "All right, stop." Sam yelled and Dean stop the tracker, turning off the engine and jumping out.

"Nice." I said as Dean goes to the trunk of the Impala. "Hell yeah." Dean said, opening the trunk within the trunk to gather what we need. "Now I know what she sees in you." Sam said, Dean. "What?" He asked. "Come on man, you can admit it. You're still in love with her." Sam said. "Ahh, can we focus please." Dean growled. "I'm just saying Dean." Sam said.

"All right. What am I getting?" I asked, staying out of this conversation. "Gas. Flashlight..." Dean told me, getting into business mode. "Got it. got it." I said, grabbing the items. "Okay, let's get this done." Dean said. "All right." Sam said and Dean shuts the trunk.

We move toward the door of the truck, glancing at each other. Dean opens it and decayed body falls out. "All right let's get to it." Dean said. We salt and burn the body, standing back to watch it burn. "Think that'll do it?" Sam asked.

At that moment... The ghost truck appears, headlights come on and engine revving. "I guess not." Dean replied. "So burning the body had no effect on that thing?" Sam asked, confused. "Sure it did. Now it's really pissed." Dean said.

"But Cyrus' ghost is gone, right?" I asked. "Apparently not the part that's fused with the truck." Dean said, walking back towards the Impala. "Where you going?" I asked him "Going for a little ride." Dean replied. "What?!" Sam and I asked in unison.

"Gonna lead that thing away. That busted piece of crap, you two gotta burn it." Dean told us. "How the hell are we supposed to burn a truck Dean?" Sam asked. "I don't know. Figure something out." Dean said, tossing Sam a bag which he catches. "Figure some... something...." Sam stammers. Dean reverses the Impala and takes off. The ghost truck roars after him. Sam and I hide until it has passes.

Once it was gone we came out of hiding staring at the truck. "I don't think we have enough gasoline for that." I said. Sam let out a frustrated noise and took out his father journal, flipping through it frantically when his phone rings. "Hey, you gotta give us a minute." He said, when he answers.

I began to pace, trying to come up with an idea. "Ahh. Let me get back to you." Sam said and he hangs up his phone. An idea came to me and I snapped my fingers. "The church!" I exclaimed. "What?" Sam asked, looking up from the journal to look at me.

"The church is hallowed ground. If evil spirits cross over hallowed ground sometimes they're destroyed. So maybe if Dean lures to the church..." I explained. Sam's eyes lit up and he pointed to me, grinning. "Cyrus's Spirit will be destroyed!" He said, finishing my sentence and laughs.

"(Name)!" He exclaimed and pulled me in for a hug. "You're a genius!" He said, then he let's me go and grabbed his phone. "Hey Cassie? Hey, it's Sam, I need some information and it has to be exactly right." He said, while I smiled at the ground bashfully.

3rd Person P.O.V
Dean was leading the truck on a wild ride through the misty back roads, when his phone ringed. "All right, Dean?" Sam said, putting his phone on speaker. "This better be good." Dean said, glancing at the review mirror to look back at the truck behind him. "Where are you?" Sam asked.

"In the middle of no where with a killer truck on my ass! It's like it knows I put the torch to Cyrus." Dean shouted, frustrated. "Listen to me, this is important. We have to know exactly where you are." Sam told him. Dean looks at a road sign as the Impala roars passed. "Decatur road, about two miles off the highway." He said.

"Okay. Headed East?" (Name) asked, looking at the map with Sam. "Yes!" Dean replied. The Truck backends the Impala, which goes skidding all over the road before regaining traction. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Dean shouted, at the truck. "Okay, ahhh, turn right! Up ahead, turn right." Sam said.

Dean swings right and the truck follows, both engines screaming and revving. "You make the turn?" Sam asked. "Yeah I made the turn! You need to move this thing along a little faster." Dean growled. "All right, you see a road up ahead?" (Name) asked.

"No!" Dean replied, but a moment later he sees a road. "Wait. No, yes, I see it." He said. The truck is slowly gaining ground on the Impala's left side. "Okay, Turn left." (Name) told him.

"Wha...?" Grimacing, Dean slams on the brakes and the truck careens past as he spins the Impala left onto the smaller road. "All right, now what?" He asked. "You need to go seven tenths of a mile and then stop." Sam replied.

"Stop?" Dean asked, in disbelief. "Exactly seven tenths Dean." (Name) said. Dean looks at the speedometer. "Seven tenths, seven tenths." At the right moment, Dean spins the car around and moves it back to sit exactly where Sam and (Name) advised, facing back the way he had come.

He is between two posts on each side of the road and the last remains of a wall, almost totally broken down. The ghost truck appears back down the road he came down, revving it's engine.

"Dean, You still there?" Sam asked. "Yeah." He replied. "What's happening?" (Name) asked. "It's just staring at me, what do I do?" Dean asked. "Just what you are doing, bringing it to you." Sam replied. "Wha...?!" Dean asked.

The truck spins it's tyres and comes barreling toward Dean. He watches it come, hanging tightly to the Impala's steering wheel. "Come on Come on." He muttered. As the truck reaches him, Dean closes his eyes and hangs on tight. The truck roars through him, disintegrating into nothing as it does so.

Dean opens his eyes and stares at the now empty road in front of him. All that can be heard is the purring of the Impala's engine, the truck's revving having completely disappeared. Dean twists quickly to look behind and sees nothing.

"Dean. You still there?" Sam asked, but his brother doesn't respond. "Dean?" (Name) said, worried. "Where'd it go?" Dean asked, looking bewildered. "Dean, you're where the church was." Sam told him. "What church?!" Dean asked, confused.

"The place Cyrus burned down. Murdered all those kids." (Name) replied, Dean looked at the posts left on the side of the road. "There's not a whole lot left." He said.

"Church ground is hallowed ground, whether the church is still there or not. Evil spirits cross over hallowed ground, sometimes they're destroyed, so (Name) figured, maybe, that would get rid of it." Sam explained, looking over at (Name) and smiled.

"Maybe? Maybe!! What if she were wrong?" Dean asked, angry and terrified. "Huh. Honestly that thought hadn't occurred to me." Sam admitted. Dean stares at his phone, then hangs up. "Well it honestly didn't occur to me." He said, mimicking his brother. He then slaps the steering wheel. "I'm gonna kill them." He growled.

The next day, Dean and Cassie were walking toward the Impala. Sam and (Name) were already in car, with Sam in the driver's seat and (Name) in the back as usual. "My mother says to tell you thanks again." Cassie said to Dean, who nods and they come to a stop beside the Impala, facing each other.

"This is a better goodbye than last time." She said. "Yeah well maybe this time it will be a little less permanent." Dean said. "You know what? I'm a realist. I don't see much hope for us Dean." Cassie replied. "Well I've seen stranger things happen. A hell of a lot stranger." Dean said.

Cassie looks at Dean with a bittersweet smile. "Good bye Dean." She said, softly. "I'll see ya Cassie.... I will." Dean told her and they kiss. When they broke away, they stared into each others eyes. Dean gets in the car, Sam and (Name) waved to Cassie, as they drove off.

Later, the trio were driving down a long country road. (Name) was laying down in the backseat asleep. Dean stares out the window, thinking. "I like her." Sam said, breaking the silence. "Yeah." Dean muttered. "You meet someone like her, doesn't it makes you wonder if it's worth it? Putting everything else on hold, doing what we do?" Sam asked, now turning the same question he asked (Name) onto Dean.

Dean looks at Sam for a long moment, then smiles and reaches for his sunglasses, which he slips on. "Why don't you wake me up when it's my turn to drive?" Dean asked and he slouches down in the seat with a sigh. Sam shakes his head and looks back at the long straight road.

As he drives, Sam glances up at the rearview mirror to look at (Name). He smiles a little and return his eyes onto the road. That smile soon falter and he now looked conflicted, finding himself starting feel something towards her. But then he reminded himself of Jessica and why he can't allow that to happen... Not ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1K 23
"What the hell? What are you?" you demanded, gun drawn. "Jack. Who are you?" the young man asked, holding his hand out. "Sam! Dean!" You yelled for...
93.1K 4K 33
i know my girlfriend is a 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛 ◦•◦ season 2 - 4 dean winchester x female oc *slow updates* ◦•◦ WARNING ; bloody/gory descriptions, major chara...
11.7K 720 11
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause 𝗕𝗢𝗬𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗖𝗥𝗬 ◦•◦ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* ◦•◦ W...
177K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...