The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

Chapter Eighteen

23K 550 14
By MJ_Cristine

The day of the Engagement has come and Abegail just had five hours of pampering courtesy of Gwen. She was glad that Gwen recovered after a day of resting but she kind of regret it since her best friend made her go to body spa again but this time she only had Mani and Pedi and even hair treatment. Now Abegail is in front of her vanity mirror while Gwen is fixing her hair.

"Did you and Ivan kiss?" Gwen nudged her zoning out friend.

"What? What kind of question is that?" Abegail give a horrified expression.

"I've been talking here yet somehow you're daydreaming while your hand remains on the spot where he probably kissed you." Gwen pointed Abegail's hand using the hairbrush.

"We didn't kiss." Abegail suddenly removed her hands.

"You are really going to deny it on me?" Gwen folded her arms.

"Well if I'll consider the act we did at the proposal then we did but after that it didn't happen again just almost." Abegail is still on her thinking expression.

"What do you mean almost?" Gwen gave her a raised eyebrow.

"Like a cliché story we were having fun during our dinner and then he tickled me then we stopped when our faces are centimeters away. He was about to kiss me when I got a call from the hospital." Abegail speaks in rush that Gwen hears clearly.

"So it didn't happen because you got interrupted?" Gwen concluded.

"Yup and after that he left and then his lips landed at the corner of my mouth that's it." Abegail took the lip gloss and applied it.

"You're frustrated because it didn't happen or you're disappointed because that's where he kissed you?" Gwen grilled her with intimidating questions as always.

"You know lately I noticed you were a stalker then you become an imaginative murderer and now you're a private Investigator." Abegail put on her jewelleries that Gwen selected.

"Don't you dare change the subject or I will surround you with penis right now." Gwen stopped her.

"I don't know sissy --- maybe same thing." Abegail stared at her friend with confusion written on her face.

"Are you attracted to him, no wait-- you're falling for him did you?" Gwen continues her questions aggressively.

"I admit I like the side of him last night and the way he was around with Aurora. He was nice, we had a decent conversation and we didn't even fight all throughout the dinner." Abegail finds it really a good start.

"You are afraid to fall for him so you avoid it. You had this imaginary wall built around your heart that makes it hard for you to love again." Gwen expressed her views.

"I don't know sissy eversince my relationship ended I find it hard to trust men again." Abegail admits.

"Sissy don't let the past ruin your future what if maybe Ivan is the great fit to your heart?" Gwen advised her with such humour.

"Since when did my heart become a fitting room?" Abegail raised her eyebrow.

"I'm serious sissy give yourself a chance to be happy." Gwen took the curling iron and continued setting Abegail's hair.

"We don't like each other that way so the chance that you are pinning on me is unlikely to happen." Abegail put the setting spray on her face.

"You're so pessimistic it's like playing Lotto there will be no chance of winning if you're not going to bet." Gwen left a riddle on her best friend's mind.

"Let's just continue getting dress shall we?" Abegail dropped the issue.

Thirty minutes was over and now they are both dressed up for the event. Her appearance makes more vibrant when she wears the engagement ring.

"What's with the scowl face?" Gwen started talking again when they reached the elevator.

"I'm just having a bad feeling. I don't know maybe it's just the nerves talking or the engagement itself." Abegail voiced out.

"The engagement will go on whether you like it or not so what could possibly be wrong? Just relax and breathe." Gwen soothed her.

"Thank you sissy I'm glad you're here." Abegail gave a warm smile to her friend.

"You're welcome, now cheer up. You have a gorgeous fiancé coming towards us." Gwen teased her and motioned her head to Ivan.

"Stop ogling him! My gosh!" Abegail whispered yell.

"Jealousy doesn't suit you my friend but don't worry it's sis before hoes." Gwen giggled softly.

"I'm not jealous! It's just kind of awkward for me to hear it from you." Abegail defended her side.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night just don't tell me I'm right." Gwen flipped her wavy lose hair.

"I won't because that's the truth." Abegail insisted.

"I'll see you at the venue." Gwen gave her a peck on the cheek and head towards Rolly who is waiting together with Abegail's family.

"Hi beautiful." Ivan greeted Abegail whom he was checking out.

Abegail is wearing a red satin evening dress beaded off shoulder sleeve style. It's a trumpeter/mermaid silhouette style and has a court train. Her hair is set on a soft loose curl and the pair of diamond earings and necklace.

"Hi, you're looking very fine too." Abegail take in the sight of Ivan from head to toe.

Ivan is wearing a white cotton long sleeve with red suit that has notched lapels without a tie or bow and only buttoned just below his neck collar. His Calvin Klein's perfume gave him the devilishly handsome smell and their clothes are a matched.

"Ready to go?" Ivan offered his arm to Abegail

"Sure." Abegail hook her hands to his and they walked out of the lobby.

Ivan guided her to the front seat of his grey Bugatti Veyron sports car before he went to the driver's seat. It was one of the fastest and expensive cars that Ivan has.

"Wait, I need to give you this." Ivan opened his compartment

"Is it the contract?" Abegail guessed it.

"I already signed only yours is missing." Ivan handed Abegail a folder.

Abegail saw Ivan's penmanship and thought it was close to perfection. Ivan took a pen inside his suit and Abegail immediately signed her part.

"Okay let's get the show on the road." Abegail closed the folder and they sped off to their location.

Ivan couldn't hep but steal glances to his sexy fiance he was glad that Abegail was not aware. He was thinking of making a conversation but he doesn't want to ruin the moment and say something that might tick Abegial or him off. So he stayed quiet and content of smelling the perfume that his woman has.

As for Abegail she knew that Ivan has been glancing at her she just pretended by staring at the street. Half hour later they reached their Engagement venue Ivan gave his keys to the valet man and opened Abegail's door.

"Chivalry suits you Mr. Mortiz." Abegail slide off from the car.

"Are you complimenting me Mrs. Mortiz?" Ivan whispered that sends shivers to Abegail's body.

"You should take advantage of it since its limited edition." She retaliates with a smirk.

Ivan placed his one hand at the back of Abegail and pulled her closer to him. Abegail can feel the closeness of their body and she can't help but feel the sparks again that has been there the first time that Ivan touched her. When they reached the Grand Ballroom of the hotel everything is set up perfectly; there's a grand piano in the middle of the stage and have twenty tables with ten chairs each; the tables are set up elegantly with flowers and candles and red table linen. There is a long table were the immediate family will sit and a separate table for the couple.

"Abegail! Ivan! Thank goodness you're here now!" Lucy welcomed them.

"Of course, this is our engagement Ma." Ivan kissed his Mom's cheek and Abegail did the same to Lucy.

"The guests are dying to see you." Claire greeted them next.

"Thank you both for organizing this event." Ivan planted a kiss on Claire's cheek next.

"Ivan its Mom to you." Claire corrected him.

"You're both welcome too." Lucy courtly says back.

"Anyway you're stunning on that dress Hija and you Hijo are dashing on that suit so perfect together." Lucy smiled widely.

"Mom the place is amazing and you and Tita are gorgeous too!" Abegail praised them.

"Abegail call me Mama from now on okay. It's only right since you'll be marrying my son in three weeks time." Lucy corrected.

"Sure... Ma." Abegail had to pause for a little before getting the word out of her mouth.

"Now come and greet the rest of our family Abegail." Mrs. Mortiz pulled Abegail's hand and Ivan followed closed by.

"So, you're my brother's fiancée." Leila approached Abegail with a big smile.

Abegail look at the auburn dye hair woman in front of her and something familiar that she can't tell. She was on that moment when Ivan is introducing her to her sister.

"Leila, this is Abegail Honey, this is my younger sister." Ivan emphasized the endearment part.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you Leila." Abegail extends her hand.

"The feeling is mutual Ate (Sister) Abegail." Leila returned the gesture.

"Wait, aren't you the model in VS last May collection?" Abegail wanted to confim her thoughts.

"That I am." Leila grins.

"Oh gosh! You are prettier in person! I'm sure my friend will gawked on you. I mean she literally idolized you." Abegail gasped with excitement.

"I love you already and your friend that I hope to meet too." Leila is now eager.

"She's actually here and I think I don't need to introduce you knowing my friend she will do it herself." Abegail giggled and so as Leila.

"I'm glad you got my Kuya to tie the knot. I can see how whipped he is just by the gripped he has on you my Kuya is very possessive." Leila eyed her brother who is standing beside Abegial while listening to their conversation.

"I don't mind just as long I still have my freedom if he try to suffocate me I'm sure he knows not to mess with me. My hand can be deadly sometimes, right Honey?" Abegail uses the word sweetly.

"Did you just imply you manhandled him?" Leila sounded interested on this topic since nobody has laid a hand on his brother.

"I uhmm--- it's just one time." Abegail spilled and Leila's eyes went wide.

"OMG! I love you more! I have a feeling we've known each other for so long it's weird but yeah." Leila rambles.

"Me too." Abegail agreed since there is a familiarity on the woman's eyes that she can't quite tell where she sees them.

"Ladies I hate to interrupt but I need my fiancé back Leila I'm sure lots of people wants to meet Abegail." Ivan cuts in.

"Right, we will talk later Ate! I'll go now and mingle with hot guys." Leila started walking the other way.

"Don't ever think about it I'm watching you Lei." Ivan catches Leila's elbow just in time.

"We had a deal." Leila whined.

"No, because you tricked us." Ivan objects and let go of her sister.

"Whatever a deal is a deal." Leila muttered under her breath before leaving.

"What deal she's talking about?" Abegail raised her brow.

"Don't listen to her anyway there is my brother and my cousin! Come on I'll introduce you." Ivan took Abegail's hand with his and strode to their next table.

They head to the two guys and one of them has black curly hair facing his back from them while the other one has dark brown hair waving at them.

"Ian, Kenneth meet Abegail, my wife-to-be." Ivan tapped the guys shoulder.

"Nice to finally meet you." Kenneth was first to acknowledge them.

"Same here." Abegail smiled humbly and the other guy chose it to turn around.

"Abegail, wait--- did we meet somewhere before you're familiar to me?" Ian paused for a minute and think.

"You're the guy who helped me inside the plane." Abegail confronted him too.

"You're the woman with the kid inside the plane." Ian announced at the same time.

"Oh God! It's you!" Abegail gasped softly and removed her hands from Ivan's grip.

"In flesh, I didn't know you are going to be my sister-in-law." Ian nodded.

"Small world huh." Abegail smiled more.

"At least now we're formally introduced. How is your daughter and why isn't she here?" Ian scanned around the area.

"Ah she's in the hospital but she's doing okay thanks." Abegail told him smiling.

They are still talking from the side and forget that Ivan is standing there with Kenneth. Ivan felt something that makes his blood boil just by watching the two interacts.

"Take a chill pill cousin; you can almost kill Ian with your burning eyes." Kenneth gives a little nudge to Ivan.

"What?" Ivan turned his head towards his cousin.

"I can see she really got you on the leash." Kenneth gave a sly smile.

"No way man." Ivan shook his head.

"I can't believe she has a daughter how old is she?" Kenneth questioned makes Ivan think if his cousin is also interested to her.

"She's seven years old." Ivan huffed with a little irritation.

Kenneth stayed quiet while Ivan is still throwing daggers on his brother. He was close to pulling Abegail off of Ian when his father came.

"Ivan, Abegail, we're about to start why don't you go to your table?" Mr. Mortiz called their attention.

"I'll catch up with you later Ate Abby." Ian smiled at her.

Ivan doesn't want to hear them talking so he tried to focus and look for his friend who is still in no show.

"Pa, have you seen Ryan?" Ivan scanned the place to see if his best friend already arrives.

"Not yet but he will come I'm sure, for now worry about your own Engagement." Isaac says to his now relaxed son.

Ivan and Abegail walks to their table while holding hands. Ivan is more possessive and didn't let Abegail's hand go until they sat on their chair.

"Good evening everyone! Tonight we would like to formally introduce you my son's fiancée please do the honour Ivan." His Dad gave the microphone to him.

"Hi everyone! First I would like to thank you all for coming to meet my beautiful bride to be Ms. Abegail Reyes." Ivan went beside Abegail and offered his hand that she gladly took.

Abegail stood up and went beside Ivan and the people applause them, after the short introduction the ala carte style dinner started and it was Filipino-Spanish cuisine that was served. For finger foods they have baked Mussels that was sautéed to butter topped with parmesan cheese and also Calamares, a deep fried squid that was coated with batter served with tartar sauce. Another dish they have is Pork Sizzling Sisig, it's made from parts of pig's head and liver seasoned with lemon and chilli peppers topping it off with egg. Then there's the famous Chicken Adobo recipe that is marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves and peppercorns. Another dish includes Lumpiang Shanghai it's a spring rolls filled in with ground beef, onions and garlic. Of course the last and main dish is the Lechon it is a crispy full roasted pig and was served in slices. Rice is served after that and same with the dessert which includes Leche Flan also known as cream caramel custard and Buko Pandan it's made from shredded coconut with flavoured Gelatin and mixture of cream and sweetened milk.

"This Calamares is so good." Abegail dipped the finger food on the sauce.

"Our Moms really pulled this off in choosing the right food." Ivan sipped his white wine.

"True. Nothing beats our own cuisine." Abegail continued to eat.

"I totally agree." Ivan seconded.

In the middle of their meal Abegail felt the need to excuse so she gets up and told Ivan that she will be in the powder room. Ivan agreed and used the time to text his friend who seems to be still missing in action. After he successfully got Ryan's message that he was inside the building he sat and waited for Abegail to get back while the drinks are serve.As soon as Abegail reached her destination she noticed Gwen and Leila are talking right there she knew the two will hit a longtime friendship as well.

"Everything okay at your table?" Gwen towed Abegail at the lavatory.

"Yes and I see you have met your idol." Abegail smiled to the two ladies.

"Well you were right about Gwen; she instantly introduced herself as a fan. If I didn't get your heads up I will think that she's stalking me." Leila giggled and the two girls followed.

"So did you meet any hot guys Leila?" Abegail wiggled her brows while they rushed to their respective cubicles.

"I couldn't Kuya Ivan and Kuya Ian is watching me like a hawk. It's like they forgot what are deal was." Leila complained as they both flushed their bowls.

"Speaking of deal what exactly was it?" Abegail made her way to the sink.

Leila gives the details from the airport up to the Penthouse incident and they are both laughing. After they finished washing their hands they separated their ways since Leila got a call and as for Gwen she returned to her seat claiming she's still hungry. Inside the venue Ivan is getting impatient since her meal is getting cold and Abegail is still not around. Ivan decided to check on her if she is okay since Leila told him that they were in the restroom for the last five minutes until they parted. Abegail was about to get back on the event when somebody stopped her from walking.

"Izzie?" Ryan was first to call Abegail that made her freeze.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Abegail was shocked that someone called her by that name that she almost forgotten.

"Izzie it's you! It's me Xander." Ryan pointed his hand to himself.

"Xander? Ohh my god!!! Ryan Alexander?" Abegail scanned Ryan's appearance.

He is wearing a V-neck pastel coloured shirt with navy blue blazer and light grey slacks paired it with black shoes. His black hair is short sides with medium length hair top.

"The one and your only Xander." Ryan confirmed grinning.

"Waaaa!! I missed you!!" Abegail runs and immediately hugged Ryan.

Ryan was Abegail's childhood bestfriend and grandson of Nanay Jena from Regina that she calls Tita Ina who lives in Davao. Everytime they go to Manila they will stay in the Reyes's mansion and the two friends will spend time talking for hours.

"Me too it's been ten or eleven years when we last saw each other." Ryan accepted her hugs and spins Abegail around.

"I know it's been so long I'm surprised you still recognized me." Ryan placed Abegail softly on the ground.

"Are you kidding? How can I forget that beautiful face? Well aside from you're wavy brunette hair to straight hair its still you. My Lord, you are stunning even more now." Ryan couldn't take off the smile on his face.

"Thanks so how have you been?" Abegail fixed Ryan's shirt a little.

"I'm now a Computer programmer/Co-Owner of a bank with my partner and you? Damn you're like a Goddess on that dress Izzie." Ryan whistled.

"Don't flatter me anyway I'm a Doctor now." Abegail hit Ryan's arm playfully.

"Wow! Congrats to us, our wish was granted on that wishing well youre parents Mansion has." Ryan kept his eyes on her.

"Yes, wait--- what are you doing here?" Abegail is puzzled the same time.

"I see you met may fiancée bro." Ivan pats Ryan's shoulder as soon as he saw Abegail and Ryan talking.

"Fiancée?" Ryan got more confused.

"Bro this is Abegail." Ivan told him while holding Abegail's waist this time.

"Izzie? You are Ivan's fiancé?" Ryan eyed Abegail full of confusion.

"Yeah." Abegail is also observing the two guys.

"Wait, I'm confuse your name is Abegail how can you be Izzie as well?" Ivan is now focused on Abegail.

"My full name is Clarise Abegail and Ryan calls me Izzie when I was a kid." Abegail told Ivan for the first time.

"And she's the only daughter of the Reyes bro! I should have known that it's the same person." Ryan was shaking his head and frowned.

"All the while we thought you're two different people." Ivan has a dim facial expression.

If looks could kill Abegail is already six feet under with Ivan's intense glare towards her. Claire noticed it so she approached them to break the tension.

"Abby, Ivan the press conference is about to start do you mind attending to them after the desert is served?" Claire reminded them.

"Yes Mom I was just catching up with Ryan, you know Tita Ina's son." Abegail introduced Ryan again to her Mom.

"Oh my! Hijo (Son) you've grown handsome, how are you? Why didn't you visit us again?" Claire moved to Ryan's side.

"I'm okay Tita sorry I got so busy with my studies and Lola Jena told me Izzie left to study abroad so I just stayed in Davao." Ryan gave an apologetic tone.

"I understand your Mom told me and I know you'll be bored since Abby wasn't there I'm glad to see you again Hijo." Claire hugged Ryan.

"Me too Tita." Ryan returned the gesture.

"Anyway let's all head inside, Abby go with Ivan I'll take Ryan to your Dad I'm sure he wants to see him too." Claire ushered them to the door.

Ivan and Abegail followed and soon the press conference begins while they are having the dessert. All throughout their meals Ivan was very silent and didn't even hold Abegail's hand like before. Abegail keep glancing at him and thinking what made his attitude changed.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, we are now open for your questions." Ivan took the microphone and totally ignored Abegail's presence. It's not too obvious to the crowd but for Abegail it is very odd.

"Abegail can you tell us your relation to the Reyes Heir?" The first question was thrown to her made her hands shake.

This is the time that her real identity will be revealed Abegail sends a signal to her parents and they gave her a supportive smile and thumbs up.

"He is my father. I'm the Clarise Abegail Reyes their only daughter." Abegail revelation caused a fuss.

The bundle of Press that's been waiting started taking pictures of her. Abegail had to blink a lot of times since she wasn't use to this attention for the longest time. She wished that Ivan will comfort her but to no avail he didn't and let her silently have the anxiety attack.

"Ivan, are you aware that your fiancée is the famous Clarise Reyes?" The other Reporter directed the question to him.

"Yes. I'm very aware of it." Ivan's reply laced with sarcasm and with double meaning.

"Ms. Abegail I meant Clarise is it true that you left because you got pregnant with Mr. Ivan's child?" Another gossip from someone's mind that made Abegail mentally rolled her eyes.

"That's not true I left because I got tired of being in the spotlight. I wanted to have a normal life away from all this dramas no endless interviews and definitely no rumours." Abegail bravely respond to everyone and the crowd went silent for a moment.

"So you are not denying that you do have a child?" The Reporter has a follow up question.

"I am not denying my child and Ivan is not the father but for the sake of my daughter, please spare her any allegations about her father." Abegail confirmed and gave the Reporter pointed eyes.

"Ivan, can you clear the issue about the arranged marriage?" The next man delved.

"I want to marry her because I love her not because of that arrangement that you have constructed. Our families have been good friends its just so happen that Abegail and I fall in love and now we decided its time to get married." Ivan convinced the buzzing media.

"When and where is the wedding?" The guy from a back yelled a little.

"My fiancé's wishes to have a private wedding and I'm willing to do anything for her. It will be three weeks from now but we guarantee that you will get a glimpse of it after the photos are done." Ivan avoided Abegail's eyes that he knew is watching him.

"We can see that you're very much in love so can we get one kiss?" The other reporter demanded.

Ivan noticed Abegail is debating with her mind so before the Press began doubting them Ivan kissed her. It was unexpected but just like before Ivan was addicted to the Abegail's lips he thrusted his tongue to her mouth and she obliged. The kiss went for more than a minute before they pulled away everyone was satisfied and even earns some cheering. Ivan admits he wanted more and concluded that he is just sexually attracted and frustrated right now. Ivan pulled away with Abegail is still flustered.

"Thank you everyone for coming but my fiancée and I need to go now, the conference is over." Ivan dismissed them.

The crowd cheered and gave them the congratulations that they both acknowledged. After the desert and tables are beng cleaned the guests started to leave one by one including their families. Abegail was dreading to know what has been bothering Ivan since he hasn't spoken a word to her so without wasting another moment she confronted Ivan.

"Ivan, is everything okay?" Abegail initiated a conversation.

"Yes." Ivan gave a disinterested tone.

"I don't think it is after the interview you didn't talk to me at all." Abegail insisted and that causes for Ivan to be pissed.

"I said I'm okay!" Ivan yelled but enough just for her to hear and few people who are about three meters away from them.

"You don't need to shout okay?" Abegail was taken aback with Ivan's voice.

"It's getting late let's get going." Ivan walks ahead of her.

"It's okay I'm going to ride with Ryan or Ian." Abegail declined since she doesn't feel going with Ivan right now.

"What would the press think if I let that happen when earlier they are convinced that we are in love?" Ivan retaliates still with a pissed off face.

"Right, you care about your reputation." Abegail scoffed.

"Just get in the car. God damn it!" Ivan whispered yell.

"What the hell is your problem?" Abegail's irritated tone.

"Don't make me do it myself." Ivan ignored her.

All throughout the car ride none of them are talking Abegail is too exhausted to fight and just want to sleep. Maybe Ivan is also tired so she let go of his mood swings.

"We're here." Ivan announced after thirty minutes.

"Thank you. You don't have to come inside I can manage." Abegail held the door hatch and opens it.

"No. I'll come with you." Ivan takes his seat belt out and went out of the car.

"Are you bipolar?" Abegail is now getting mixed signals from him one minute he is nice and next they are breathing in each other's neck.

"Excuse me?" Ivan spared her a glance.

"During the party you're attentive and then after the press conference you won't even talk to me more like you're pissed then all of a sudden you're being nice again." Abegail analysed him.

"I don't care what you think just keep walking." Ivan held her elbow as they walk heading for the elevator.

"Fine! I don't give a damn if you don't want to talk either." Abegail pressed the button a little too harsh.

"Then stop nagging me!" Ivan hissed at her and that takes Abegail patience on the edge.

"Now I'm being a nagger? I'm just trying to figure out what is wrong with you!!" Abegail raised her voice.

"You want to know what my problem is then I will tell you. You lied to me and made me feel like a fool before this arranged marriage started!" Ivan burst out full of venom in his voice.

"I didn't lie! I just thought you already figured it out or your parents told you." Abegail really think that was the case.

"Clearly I didn't know and especially Ryan who happens to be your childhood friend who is in love with you." Ivan slipped but he doesn't care.

"Ryan is not in love with me okay he is my friend. It's only natural for him to be affectionate since we haven't seen each other for so long. You are just over analysing." Abegail figured out what made Ivan started to act different.

"Just like the way you didn't analyse the chance to tell me about the real you." Ivan rhetorical question with annoyed voice.

"Of course I don't have plans in keeping it but in my defence I wanted to at least cherish the moment as a normal person away from public and their scrutinizing gaze before I go back to my old life." Abegail clear up her side.

"But it doesn't mean you'll hide it to me I am your fiancé and I had the right to know!" Ivan argued.

"It was through arrangement so why does it affect you that much?" Abegail fought back.

"I thought you're different but you're just like her --- a liar and manipulative I regret being your fiancé." Ivan last words hit Abegail's heart.

Abegail stepped out of the elevator and didn't bother to look if Ivan is following him or not. She entered her Condo with an exhausted sighed removing her shoes and went to her bedroom she thought about Ivan's last words. Who was her that he was referring to?

Abegail wanted to get mad at Ivan's accusations but a part of her neglected the feelings because she knew it was her fault somehow. Abegail fell asleep with that thought and she just prayed that Ivan's anger will die down in few days.

At the lobby of Abegail's building Ivan stormed away and head to Ian who at the moment is watching some TV programs. The moment he hears constant knocking on his pad, he stood up and from the peephole he saw his brother.

"Kuya, what are you doing here? Aren't you're supposed to be with Ate Abegail?" Ian opened the door.

"I don't want to hear her name right now!" Ivan stepped in his brother's Pad.

"Woah! Will you calm down and tell me what the hell happened before you trash my place?" Ian towed his brother who went to the kitchen.

"She lied to me; she's not real--- a fake and manipulative bitch like Nathalie." Ivan found the can of beer and began chugging it.

"What? How?" Ian still couldn't believe his brother opinion.

Two days ago he was very confident about Abegail's personality and now his brother is close to killing her.

"She didn't tell me that she was the famous heir!" Ivan spat and continued drinking the half can of beer.

"Kuya I was there the whole interview and she clearly gave you and everyone her intention for hiding her identity, so what are you getting mad at?" Ian decides to get himself a drink since it's going to be a long conversation with his brother.

"Don't tell me you're picking her side?" Ivan glared at his brother.

"I am not picking any sides, but you of all people should know what it's like to be in the spotlight. Admit it or not we also wanted that kind of life." Ian gave his insight.

"But it's not right for her to stow away the truth especially with me I am her damn fiancé arranged or not!" Ivan spat.

"What do you mean arranged?" Ian stopped drinking for awhile.

"Our marriage is one big sham everything was arranged by our parents. The Reyes family had to save their Company and their 3000 employees so they made Abegail agreed to marry me." Ivan spilled the beans to his clueless brother.

"You mean the whole engagement and you being protective of her are part of an act?" Ian actually can tell that it wasn't.

"Yes we need to convince the public that it's not by arrangement." Ivan took another beer.

"Who else knew about this aside from me?" Ian rubbed his chin and think carefully.

"Ryan and to make the matter worst he is in love with her prior to this arrangement." Ivan growled.

"Then why didn't Ryan make his move before if he knew her?" Ian is still trying to figure out everything since he is lost with all the revelation.

"They lost contact and he was planning to date her as soon as he sees her again." Ivan added a little calm this time.

"Does Abegail know about it?" Ian drinks the last gulp of his beer.

"I told her during our fight." Ivan admits.

"What if Ryan pursued her while you're married?" Ian saw his bother went stiff for a moment and then shook his head.

"I don't care if she does but according to our contract she can't have any relationship or affairs." Ivan detested the idea.

"What contract?" Ian is once again felt his brother's mind is disoriented.

"We had an agreement and one of them is no affairs on both parties while we stay married." Ivan relayed the part of it.

"Meaning you're giving up you're lifestyle can you do that just like how she sacrificed hers for other people?" Ian wise observation made Ivan thinks deep.

"I never thought of that." Ivan grumbled under breath.

"Aren't you attracted to her even just a little?" Ian inquired.

"That's a plain stupid question." Ivan grunted.

"I will let you figured it out yourself for now staythe night you're not in the right mind to drive." Ian tapped his shoulder and head to his roomleaving his brother standing on his kitchen counter.     

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 9.9K 51
I was roughly brought into my room and dropped into my bed.I was burning with anger. "Where were you?", asked my mad dog husband."I'm out ",I said. "...
4.8M 154K 52
what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7 up on his face purposely outside a supe...
7.4K 170 24
I want the record to reflect that I didn't want this marriage. My husband is wealthy, which was a relief initially, but he is also friends with some...
9.2M 320K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...