The World's Fastest Cuber

By CloudboiAzzy

A short fictional story about becoming the world's fastest cuber, solving Rubik's cubes. I actually wrote thi... More

Discovery
Humble Beginnings
To One Minute
Sub-20 Seconds
First Sub-10
Finding Out About Comps
Losing Hope
Gaining Hope
First Competition Solve
Second And Third Solves
Fourth Solve
The Final Solve
I Am The World's Fastest Cuber

Helpful Tips

4 1 0
By CloudboiAzzy

A couple of days later, he sent me his critique. I was very excited to watch it and discover what had for me to help quicken my solves.

He told me that I should use my inspection time (you get 15 seconds to inspect the cube before starting the timer) more optimally to plan out further into the solve, and that I should turn faster.

So, I took that advice to heart and began working on it immediately.

Practice became fun again, and for the following two months, I saw improvements in my solve times.

My average was now just under six seconds, and I felt confident that I’d do well at the upcoming competition.

When the competition was just one week away, I got a personal best time of 4.12 seconds. “Amazing! If I get that lucky at the comp, I’ll surely be the best there.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 6.9K 30
A Lawyer, Bold with a bit of anger issues, Smart, Not in good terms with his Father. A Girl, Sweet but Insecure about her weight, With Career tension...
23M 804K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
184K 311 25
Compilation of the Best Stories on Literotica