The World's Fastest Cuber

By CloudboiAzzy

A short fictional story about becoming the world's fastest cuber, solving Rubik's cubes. I actually wrote thi... More

Discovery
Humble Beginnings
To One Minute
Sub-20 Seconds
Finding Out About Comps
Losing Hope
Gaining Hope
Helpful Tips
First Competition Solve
Second And Third Solves
Fourth Solve
The Final Solve
I Am The World's Fastest Cuber

First Sub-10

4 1 0
By CloudboiAzzy

I still remember my first solve of under 10 seconds, and what a moment that was.

It was January 15, the day after my birthday, and I was at my desk as usual. I looked at the scrambled cube, and the cross (the first step of solving) looked great, so I planned that step’s solution before starting the timer.

I put the cube gently on my desk, started my hand timer, picked it up and started solving. The five moves I planned were executed in one second, and the next step of solving the first two layers (F2L), very luckily, was easy to do.

It’s as if the pieces for simple cases revealed themselves to me directly, and I solved them quickly. I felt butterflies in my stomach from how good the solve was going, not wanting to mess it up.

A lot of luck went into it, but I finished the solve and slammed my hands on the timer to stop it. It read “9.843”, my first sub-10! I was unbelievably excited, since sub-10s are a big feat for a cuber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 196K 101
✅ "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥 ↯ ⚔︎ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴇᴅ ⚔︎ ...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
110K 2.5K 51
Alissa Iris De León the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...