[2] Darkest Hour • The Origin...

By kolmikaelson-

Matthias Mikaelson is the original tribrid, feared alongside his twin brother Klaus Mikaelson, the original h... More

CAST
prelude.
act one.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
note.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
act two.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
epilogue.
weddings!

xxxv.

2.1K 46 0
By kolmikaelson-

Matthias' outfit is above!

as promised!

chapter thirty-five.

A lot has happened in the past couple of days.

With Matthias having to help save Rebekah and in turn saving the children from Eva Sinclair. Freya killing Esther which Matthias found amusing before warning Freya that it would be him who killed Mikael.

Matthias, Klaus, and Mikael going against Dahlia with the weapon Klaus allowed Mikael to make using the false ingredients. Matthias killing Mikael thus invoking a wrath in Freya that she didn't know she had.

It was safe to say that Matthias was ready for this to be over.

He had already crafted the correct blade he needed to kill Dahlia and all that was left to do was wait. Of course, Klaus and Matthias were playing the part given to them, if his siblings wanted to treat them as children then they would do as they pleased from here on out.

Matthias sat with Klaus in his art room, Klaus was painting while Matthias was flipping through a book he was reading. Rhea was spending the day with Davina and Katherine, so he decided to stick with Klaus.

"You two do understand there is no time?" Klaus stopped painting to look back at Elijah before going back to his painting. "Niklaus, if Mikael's ashes are the key to ending Dahlia, then surely you must see the need to share their whereabouts."

"I see nothing of the sort." Klaus told Elijah as he continued to paint.

Elijah began to walk over to him. "It is no secret that you often strategize while painting. I assume you have a plan, here."

Klaus stopped painting as he looked at Elijah. "You ask that I share our strategies so you can run straight to Freya and bring her into the circle of trust? I think not."

"It is too dangerous for you, brother. You cannot do this alone." Elijah attempted to plead with Klaus.

"And who should I trust to protect Hope? Our new-found sister with duplicitous motives of her own? Hayley, whose allegiance to her husband grows stronger by the day, or how about Jackson, the self-declared king of the wolves?" Klaus asked as he set down his paint, grabbed a different color and returned to his canvas.

"You need only trust me." Elijah told him.

"Trust you?" Matthias laughed and Klaus nodded with his brother. "There is no trust left for you Elijah, you lost all that trust a long time ago, Klaus is now only realizing it while I have for centuries now."

Klaus nodded his head in agreement. "Plus, you have not been the same since mother got inside your head." Elijah was offended and moved away from Klaus. "Your judgment is not what it was, you are not what you were. The Elijah we know would never have clung so desperately to the word of a duplicitous stranger, telling him what he wants to hear." Klaus told him angrily.

"Freya is our blood, brother. She also has every reason to want Dahlia's demise! We have no cause to distrust her." Elijah stressed to them.

"Which is a far cry from being trustworthy." Matthias scoffed.

"She may have helped with Finn, but only after she herself resurrected him, and though lauded for helping save Rebekah from Eva Sinclair, how do we know she didn't have a hand in waking that demon in the first place?" Klaus asked him.

Elijah stepped close to Klaus, "Niklaus, if we cannot trust one another, we can't work together."

Klaus sighed and returned to his painting before speaking after a moment. "No, we cannot but that's why I have Matthias at my side."

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Rhea frowned when she returned to the tomb to find Josh and Aiden there as well. Katherine kept Rhea behind her as they made their presence known.

"What's going on here?" Rhea asked them.

Josh and Aiden turned around alarmed but relaxed some upon seeing the two. "We're asking Davina for a favor for Hayley."

"What does Hayley want?" Rhea asked them.

"A way to neutralize Hope's magic." Aiden told her and Rhea frowned as he turned to Davina and held up the shackles that Klaus had once used on Freya. "Look, these manacles are spelled to neutralize witch power, right?" Davina nodded, "So, Davina, if you could transfer the magic from these onto something smaller, just think about it. If the baby can't give off magic, then Dahlia won't be able to track her." He told her.

"It's smart but why?" Rhea asked. "Hope is safe."

Aiden looked nervous at this part, he couldn't tell Rhea because he knew that she would tell Matthias. "Hayley just wants extra protection for Hope." He lied effortlessly.

Davina looked at Rhea and Rhea shrugged, "Alright, we'll do it." Davina told him while taking off the bracelet that she and Kol had made.

Davina was planning on leaving to meet up with Kol and Nadia when Josh had called her. She could do one last favor before leaving. After doing the spell for Josh and Aiden, Davina and Rhea went back to what they were doing. The two were packing up the grimoires for Kol, Davina took a break and was holding the paragon diamond in her hand as the sun reflected off of it.

After a moment, they all still when someone enters the tomb. Davina pulled Rhea close to her as Katherine rushed at the person, holding them against the wall with her hand around their throat.

"It's me!" Marcel gasped out making Katherine drop him.

"You should better than to sneak up on a vampire and two witches." Katherine told Marcel with a sigh.

"I wasn't sneaking." He told her. "Just haven't talked to Davina in a while."

"What do you want, Marcel?" Davina asked him as she continued to pack up the books.

"Look, I know you've been going through a hard time, holed up in here ever since Kol died, trying to bring him back." Marcel said as he looked around suspiciously.

Davina and the two shared a look before Davina kept her emotions in check. "What do you care?" She asked him. "You hated him anyway."

"Oh, I didn't hate him. I just didn't much like him, and to be honest, I really didn't like him for you." Marcel admitted to her. "You know, I can be a little protective."

"Yeah. Understatement of the year." Davina told him before she walked away from him. "You know, even though I appreciate you saving me from Eva, you never once bothered to ask me how I felt after Kol died." Her voice was thick with emotion and the two woman in the room stayed silent, knowing it wasn't their place to speak. "And even after all the crazy things I've been through, that was the worst. That's when I needed you most."

"You're right. I'm truly sorry that I wasn't there for you." Marcel said as he walked up to her. "But we have a problem... Klaus and Matthias."

"What?" Davina asked with a frown.

Rhea and Katherine had kept her in the loop, she knew about their plan to take on Dahlia alone since they couldn't trust their siblings and she was honored that Matthias trusted her at least.

"Look, Kol told me you guys were working on a weapon you could use against Klaus. Rebekah heard it was a dagger, one that would work even on the twins. I need to know if you finished it." He said.

"Why?" Rhea asked him with a deadly glare.

"Nobody in this city is safe with this witch Dahlia coming around. Now Klaus is off the rails, taking Matthias with him and they won't trust anyone, and they won't share the one weapon that will take down this witch. If things go south, that dagger might come in handy." Marcel told her.

Davina looked at Rhea and could see that she was livid, as well as Katherine. Davina understood their anger and she wouldn't help Marcel with this. She wouldn't betray Matthias like that after he had helped her so much.

"No." Davina told him. "I trust Matthias, I trust that he knows what he's doing and just because you can't, doesn't mean I'm going to let you hurt him." Marcel was shocked by this. "You can go now if that's what you really wanted from me, I have to get back to work."

Rhea was impressed as she watched Marcel leave the tomb, his face had annoyance written all over it as he left.

"I fear that the dagger is going to be used." Rhea said and Davina shook her head.

"I won't let them have it." She promised. "They've done nothing to deserve being daggered though it'll only work for one of them."

Rhea and Katherine bit their tongue, they felt the need to remind Davina that the twins were linked and also shared a bond that no one had ever seen. Even without the link, Matthias would be rendered neutralized as well, but they hoped that that dagger never sees the light of day.

and we're nearing the end of act one!

who's ready for the next two chapters because I am!

- m a r i e

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 11.8K 37
━━━ 'right. and then she stole your credit card and spent all your money so you had to commit fraud the entire way back' ┏...
256K 7.2K 59
Matthias Mikaelson was a faceless man in the Mikaelson family, no one had ever seen his face aside from family and his best friend Katherine Pierce...
13.7K 490 25
the story takes place in Nevermore where Wednesday meet a tribrid that is Hope's twin sister who was misplaced at birth. her name is Faith Mikaelson...
325K 5.7K 23
(Under major editing + re writing) Book 1 in the stella series Sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ {28 ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ} ᴇɴᴅᴇᴅ {28 ᴊᴜɴᴇ} Harmony Mikaelson was Hopes older twin. The first...