Danganronpa V4 - A Saiouma AU

By Ultimate_Sketcher

After the death of Kaito Momota and Maki Harukawa, Kokichi strives to find the true mastermind of the killing... More

The Sadistic Pig
A Protagonists Grand Entrance

The Tragedy of Trial 5

472 13 7
By Ultimate_Sketcher

Shuichi's POV

We were stuck at a stand still. Who was in that robot? Was it Kokichi Ouma, the ultimate supreme leader or was it Kaito Momota, the ultimate astronaut. And who killed who if so? Was it Maki who killed Kaito with poison? Did Kaito crush Kokichi or vise versa? None of us, even Monokuma, could place who the culprit was or who stood inside the monobeast. It'd had been awhile since anyone had spoke and Monokuma grew irritated.

"Alright you sacks of crap! Figure it out now I'm gonna kill the lot of ya!!" He shouted in his unique voice. Yet still none of us said a word. I locked eyes with Kiibo, praying that maybe he had an explanation.

Kiibo soon spoke up, "I mean, logically speaking, the one who's most likely to of killed is Kokichi. He was always saying he was the mastermind and that he hated Kaito. Plus Maki said it herself- Kokichi drank the antidote so-"

"What if he didn't drink it. What if he gave the antidote to Kaito?" I objected.

"Why the hell would he do that? Kiibo just said that Kokichi hated him. So why be nice?" Himiko suggested. Her words, much like everyone's elses, were bias. Everyone hated Ouma. He presented himself as so unlikeable that no one could tolerate him. The only person who seemed to was... well Kirumi and Rantaro.

"Maybe Kokichi didn't want the guilt of Kaito's death on his hands.." Everyone looked towards Maki. "Kokichi, no matter how I hate to say it, has a heart and feelings too. Such as not wanted to die or not wanting the guilt of someone's death on his record."

"He basically killed Miu and Gonta though-" Tsumugi tried to speak but got an immediate denial from Maki.

"No! He did it out of self defense. Miu was going to kill him and he didn't want to die. That is the entire issue here, Kokichi took advantage of Gonta because he knew something was wrong with Gonta. Maybe he didn't expect Monokuma to kill the real Gonta as well as the other Gonta." She looked down. "What if he's in that robot right now because he doesn't want to face the person who killed a man infront of him."

My eyed widened. "So.. you're really set in stone that you were the one who killed Kaito?"

Maki goes to the monobeast and begins to climb high enough to open the hatch. As soon as it's opened she just jumps back down, walks back to her podium and her eyes water. "I-im.. I'm so sorry Kaito.." was all she could utter.

Kokichi climbed out the beast and to his podium, throwing the question marked sign onto the ground. "You're all a bunch of morons! You know that?! Especially little Miss Maki! Me and Kaito were actually doing something y'know."

"Hey- what do you mean by that?" Kiibo asked, confused like the rest of us. However we all soon mentally come to the conclusion of the events.

"Maki shot me and Kaito, I know the cheek of that woman. Hurt like hell. And after we found out we were fucking poisoned and I got an antidote, I drank half the bottle." Kokichi explained. It all seemed so sincere too, not like any of his lies.

"But then, if you drank half, why did you let Kaito die?!" Himiko yelled.

"Kaito refused to drink it. Said 'my time was coming to and end already' or some shit. He even grabbed the bottle and threw it onto the floor. I could tell he was sick before the poison and he looked worse after. Im no doctor but I could tell, even without the poison, he would of died relatively quickly. Like a few hours, honestly."

"So... why was he under the press? Why did you hide the fact that kaito was dead. Why was the video cu-" Kiibo was soon interrupted.

"I had already told Kaito my plan. To end the game in one trial." His podium moved forward. "A plan to kill one of ourselves, hide the victim and culprit and start the tial of the unsolvable murder. But crazy lady over there ruined it. I was the one who was supposed to die yknow! Not kaito. God no not kaito, he was too nice to die. But due to the poison and his illness, we thought it best to kill him."

"So who killed Kaito then..?" My eyes flickered between Maki and Kokichi. Until I finally reached the conclusion that Maki had already been certain of.

"Who did kill Kaito Momota, Shuichi? The one no one likes, or the one everyone loves." Kokichi stared daggers into me while Maki couldn't even make eye contact.

"The person who killed Kaito.. was Maki Harukawa.." Everyone looked down, once again we were placed into a ever lasting silence. All that could be heard was footsteps and sobbing.

Kokichi walked to Monokuma and handed him a USB stick, to which monokuma shoved in a computer and projected onto a screen. It started playing an audio file

"Come on Kaito don't be an idiot!"

"Kokichi.. I'm going to die anyways. What can't you and your tiny ass brain see through that! Even to my death, you're still an annoying shit"

"B-but- I mean you could just lick the antidote off the floor- there's no harm in a little floor antidote right? Right?!"

"Shut up Kokichi! For once in your damn life and just listen to me!"

Silence.

"Okay.. thank you. I want you to continue with your plan... make the games stop with this trial..  alright?"

"I can't-"

"Uh uh uh- I'm not done. If you are found out.. please tell everyone that I couldn't of asked for better friends. Being with them was better then any dream I had to reach the stars... haha. Its sappy isn't it-"

"Extremely- woah woah- don't fall dont-"

There's then an audible thud.

"Momota you son of a bitch- don't die on me... please don't fucking die!"

"Kokichi.. stop these games. And for the love of God stop your lies... be nice and civil with shuichi and maki and everyone... you can do it."

"Kaito. Stop this.. you're not gonna d-"

"If maki is found guilty then I'll be with her forever.. isn't that great.. hey I wonder what Rantaro has to say about you now.."

"SHUT UP WITH THAT BULLSHIT!"

"You're strong and smart.. Kokichi.."

"Stop it-"

"Stay alive.. okay?"

"Kaito i-"

There's then just a long pause.

"...kaito?"

"After all this happened, I managed to get him onto the hydraulic press.. the reason the video was delayed is because I..  I didn't wanna crush the guy. But he wasn't gonna come back. So.. I crushed his corpse." Kokichi stated. "The idiot even died with a smile.. how stupid is that.."

Everyone just turned to monokuma.  Who just sat there with that God awful grin.

"What an interesting outcome!! Pupupuuu!!! Everyone's light! Suicidal and killed by the one who loves him most!" He laughed to his robotic heart's content. "But I think it's time for out little VOTTTIIINNG TIMMMEEEE!"

Every single vote went to Maki. Though no one was truly ready for the heartless execution Monokuma would place upon the poor girl.

"Alright!!! Let's give it everything we'e got!!! ITTTTSSS PUNISHMENT TIMMEEEE!!!"

Maki Harukawa has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Maki, on top of a tall building, stood there with tears rolling down her face. Monokumas, holding guns, scattered around different buildings and the true monokuma stood proudly, holding the hand of a figure, much similar to Kaitos. In desperation of the man, Maki began to run

'Nerf or nothing' The Ultimate Assassins execution.

Monokumas began their fire. Some of the bullets being real, tearing through her arms and hands, and some just sticking to her clothes. Every monokuma that dared got in her way got a knife straight in the eye.

Damaged and frail, Maki reached out for Kaito and held his hand. Kaito smiled back and pulled her into a hug. But monokuma clicked a button on a remote, and as if reality changed, blood covered Maki and a pile of crushed bones fell to the ground. Maki was holding nothing but his jacket and a mask of Kokichi.

Horrified, she looked at the bear and raised her knife, only for the bullets which stuck to her to start beeping. A large explosion took place, Kaitos jacket flew up into the air and the mask of Kokichi slowly burnt on the ground.

Monokuma laughed hysterically and threw Kaitos jacket at Kokichi. Kokichi held it tightly and was visibly holding back tears. That's a sight no one had truly seen before. Kiibo, Himiko and Tsumugi all had similar expressions, although Himiko was actually crying. Tsumugi and Kiibo had no words.

I completely covered my face. And simply smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 62.5K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
1.4M 32.1K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.
370K 32.2K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
127K 2.3K 47
Alexis Piastri is Oscar Piastri's older sister. After feeling unfulfilled with her life, Alexis decides to drop everything to take a gap year and joi...