Je'daii Deku: Rise of the Rev...

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Young Izuku Midoriya is constantly punished by the world he was... More

A Wake Up Call
The True Nature of Earth
A Mother's Concern
Understanding What Threatens You
Inko's Recovery
A Mother's Promise
Izuku's Lightsaber
First Step into the Dark
UA Exams
A Day of Choices
Izuku's Observations
Inko's "Observations"
The Road to Hell...
Cynical Intervention
A Tour for the Fair Lady
Gears Begin to Turn
Moving Forward
The UA Sports Festival
Shinsou's Capstone
Heroes Properly Ressurected
Machinations in Motion
Light the Tinderbox
Struggles on the Home Front
Allmight Vs. Stars & Stripes
Drafted
Dawn of War
The Faction in the Shadows
The Shadows Come To Light
Week-Long War: Japan
The Week Long War: America
The Week Long War: Resolution
Arrival
Invasion
A Mercy Mission
The Second Attempt
Underhanded Tactics
Flight & Fight
Negotiations
Negotiations Pt. 2
Aggressive Negotiations
Calm
Race to the Finish
The Truce

Trust Excercises

1.9K 55 3
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

The next morning, Izuku found that Ochako wanted to train with him as well, to help her get ready for the sports festival. It was true, he was strong, his quirk was similar to hers in appearance, but that created a conflict. The greenette had already promised to help Shinsou with the same thing. However, as he did his morning routine, he had an epiphany. Why not knock out three birds with one stone! While they ate breakfast, Izuku spoke to Hizoshi. "I got a message from Ochako last night. She wants to train with me for the sports festival. Do you mind if she joins us?"
After a few seconds of thought, the violette finally shook her head, indicating that she didn't mind. "No. She's... chill compared to the rest of her class."

Smiling slightly, he watched as she continued to eat. "Good. I'll text her where to meet us. Let's go."

They walked back past all of the destruction. The rubble was still being cleared away, and... the bodies counted and tallied. Identified and next of kin notified. It was horrible, but necessary. Hizoshi should have blamed Izuku for this. After all, they wouldn't be here without his help. But... the violette didn't. For once, she blamed the people actually responsible. After all, Izuku just said to create mayhem, and didn't really control them. It was Megatron who made the call to attack that part of the city. It was Endeavour who used fire without checking for civilians. To her, they would both pay. 

Fortunately, however, Uraraka's family business was one of the many companies commissioned to clear the debris... so their quality of life became better... but she was struggling to readjust to this. Probably because the brunette predicted that the money would go away once the construction finished.

Still watching over everything, "I can't believe they did all of this..."
Izuku explained carefully, with consideration of every aspect of the situation, "The only hero that could stop them without casualties was Stars & Stripes. She had to think outside the box, too. There is a reason they are classified as S rank, even though they failed."

Not being able to bear looking at the chaos from the event, the violette looked down at the ground, "I see..."
He whispered as they walked by the emergency services that continued to work diligently. "They aren't the only villains being shipped from the US. More have already arrived and are wreaking havoc across the country. I'm surprised that they haven't come to the obvious conclusion yet."

That earnt a glance from the violette, "That being?"
Izuku immediately replied. His response was that of the obvious look of it all, but they both knew the truth at this point. "The US is being shifty. Sending them to where they can be taken care of properly. The US has struggled to contain all of the villains out there... and it's well known."

"I see..."

After ten minutes or so of walking, out and away from the rubble and ruins, they made their way to a beach. Or what would normally be a beach, if it weren't covered in garbage, from tiny little plastic bottles, to refridgerators and cars, rusted through age and the elements. This was where they would train. Not just for weight training, but because, if they wanted to be heroes, they would have to get used to community service, and getting dirty. As far as Izuku's research was concerned, this was the perfect training locale.

Gesturing with wide, sweeping motions, the greenette introduced the place, "Here we are... Dagobah beach."

She looked over it skeptically, clearly not impressed at all. "Really? This place is covered in trash..."

Izuku grinned, already having their routine planned out. "And this makes it the perfect training ground."

A voice interrupted them as Izuku oversaw Hizoshi carrying trash. She was in the process of seperating and condensing them into piles. Sometimes with, and sometimes without the Force to assist. This way she could train control and her own strength without it. The best of both worlds. "Hey guys!"
Turning, Izuku waved to her, having her come to their position. "Hi Ochako!"

Hizoshi was a lot more muted in her response, as she stopped. A mix of tiredness... and... mistrust? He'd have to figure out a way for them to get along. "Hey."

Looking around, confusion lined the brunette's features. "So, why are we here?"
Izuku started a speech he had been rehearsing in his head, to clarify any confusion they had. He'd held off on this so that Hizoshi wouldn't have to hear the same thing twice. "The Sports Festival is in just under a week. We have no time to waste. This beach will be the perfect training ground for you and your quirks. Ochako, I never really got to know your quirk... is it something to do with gravity?"
She showed her fingers unique pads as she described her own unique ability, "Yep, Zero Gravity! I can cancel the gravity of whatever I touch. It makes me nauseous when I use it for too long though."

"I see..." Her quirk is very similar to our own, but she has a more limited connection to the force. Fascinating! But... because of the way the Earth moves... zero gravity would make things shoot off into space. So I think that's a misnomer. It's probably a levitation quirk, not Zero Gravity.

Moving past his thoughts, he nodded, understanding the ability well. "Alright, your biggest weakness is the nausea you feel when using it too long, so you have to overcome it. And Hisoshi, you found more to your quirk?"
She nodded, "It's more of mental manipulation than Brainwash. I found out recently that I can manipulate things other than people as well..."
Ochako beamed, unaware of the truth of Hizoshi's quirk, and gave a near cheer for the girl. "Awesome! Now you really have to give it your all!"
Izuku interrupted them, smiling devilishly, "And that brings us to today's training. Ochako, Hizoshi, your first task is to start the cleanup of this beach. Hizoshi already started, so you'll have to catch up, Ochako. It has a lot of useless junk, so snap to it! Use your quirks to help, as well as strengthen your normal muscles. I'll be observing to make sure you don't falter. When you are exhausted, let me know."

That was their cue, they spent their time cleaning the beach for half a day until the duo were both exhausted and hungry. Izuku had ordered some food from a nearby food truck, and brought it over.

Passing them out, he gave them advice. "Here's lunch. Don't eat it too quickly, especially you, Uraraka."
Hizoshi and Uraraka both thanked him as they dug into their Mexican style fajita wraps. Izuku explained as they ate, "Now, the next part is going to be risky, but I think I can trust you two enough. Hizoshi, you are going to lift Uraraka, and spin her gently with your new power. You will not let her go. Understood?"
Confused, she responded, "Right..."
Meanwhile, Uraraka was more forthright with her curiosity with this excersize, asking directly, "Why?"
And explain, the greenette did, "It will induce nausea, making it so that you can experience the side effect in a different way. This way you will be practicing feeling weightless and Hizoshi can practice her quirk too." He paused, before explaining the true purpose of the excersize, at least to him. "This will also be a trust building exercise, since I know the only reason you two are here is because of me. I want all of us to be better friends."

They nodded, agreeing with Izuku's assessment. As loathe as they were to admit to themselves, he was the main reason they were here today. As well as train themselves for the sports festival. While Hizoshi was cool to Ochako, for standing up to Bakugo the way she did, the brunette didn't like how she was standoffish and a bit rude during the school day. Meanwhile, Hizoshi had no idea how to interact with the bundle of positivity that was the gravity girl. So... they all agreed that some form of trust building was in order.

After lunch, they went to the area they cleared, a 6 meter by 6 meter place of just sand. This way, if the violette lost hold of the brunette, she wouldn't get hurt. Hizoshi focused, lifting Ochako gently off the ground. She was amazed by the power, with the violette asking, "are you ready?"
Thumbs up, she shouted, "Yes!"
It started off slow. A gentle twirl in the air, almost like a ballerina on a ribbon. Ochako experimented with her own movement, to try to see what would work and what would not. Eventually, Hizoshi sped up, faster and faster. At first, it was being handled well enough. But then it started, a nervousness in Uraraka's movements, before she went pale, and almost green. Eventually, Ochako called out. "Stop, please!" Shinsou obliged, slowing down gently and letting her fall to the ground. She looked like she was on death's door, on the verge of puking the fajitas she enjoyed earlier, but was able to swallow it down.

As she waited for her stomach to calm down, Ochako joked weakly, "You really know how to lift people up, Hizoshi."

The violette genuinely smiled. "You didn't do too badly either, Floaty."

They both laughed as Izuku walked over to the two of them, happy to see them in better terms than before. Mission successful. And, it the sun was low in the sky. They'd been training for most of the day, so now was time for a break. "Alright, I think that's enough training for today. We should get some rest for tomorrow."

They both agreed, eager to finally stop. "Right!"

The rest of the week continued like this, beginning with cleanup of Dagobah beach, then nausea training for Ochako. They built themselves up, their natural strength increasing, quirk weaknesses diminishing, and friendship strengthening just in time for their first true test, the Sports Festival. Soon enough, it was time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 79 23
Izuku midoriya a 14yr old teen who. Lives 2 lifes one in the night and one in the day. I night he is the No. 1 vigilante, blackout . He's been up and...
12.4K 306 33
The Clone Wars rage on. As the Separatists continue to fight against the Republic, Clone Forces are in constant need of Jedi leadership. After recent...
45.9K 1.7K 67
An episodic, Clone Wars-style story; Obi-Wan Kenobi has an interesting mission ahead of him. A Gray Jedi has deserted his order and is looking to rep...
12.4K 295 14
A Galaxy divided by war! Peaceful worlds must choose sides or face the threat of invasion. Republic and Separatist armies vie for the allegiance of n...