The Adopted Cullen

By GLH_Herondale

Dr. Cullen gets a phone call one day. There is a baby girl who is put up for adoption, but she's premature. T... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Help Me!!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Important
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Advice
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
TWILIGHT
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
NEW MOON
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
ECLIPSE
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Update
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
BREAKING DAWN
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 42

2K 57 5
By GLH_Herondale

It's finally lunch period and Edward is in my class waiting with me. When the bell rings we find our siblings waiting by the door. "Jessica Stanley wrangled the new girl into sitting with her," Emmett says and I smile lightly.

"Yeah, we've been the talk of the town for two whole weeks, but today wasn't as bad since Isabella started. She gets to be the shiny new toy for a while." I say and grin mischievously while my siblings snicker and shove me gently.

"Come on, let's go to our table," Alice says and she skips into the lunchroom with Jasper trailing behind. Next Rose and Emmett walk through, very intimidating like. Next me and Edward walk forward, as awkward as ever. I don't see why they have to make an entrance every where we go.

Edward hears my thoughts and chuckles as he wraps an arm around my shoulder playful and gently shoves me. I giggle and shove him back just as we walk past Jessica Stanley's table. "Who are they?" a girl whispers not so quietly since my human ears can hear.

"That's Edward and Gracelyn Cullen. No one knows whether they are together or not. Edward is Jasper's cousin. He's totally gorgeous, obviously." I roll my eyes and glance up at Edward and make a silly face and he laughs.

"You're mean, you know that?" I giggle and shove him with my hip. "What? I didn't say nothing."

"Yeah, yeah. But you implied it. Just like you do every time we pass Jessica Stanley's table." I grab Edward's hand and swing it back and forth. "Aww, come on. You know it's funny. Besides, she's too annoying for me not to do something."

Edward rolls his eyes, "You ma'am are mean," he says and pokes my cheek. I stick my tongue out at him as we laugh and we sit down at the table.

"What was the facial expression today?" Emmett asks as he throws a pate of food down at the table for him and Rose to "share" while Jasper does the same. Edward pats my head before going to get my tray as I shrug, "Nothing worth mentioning. What is worth mentioning is what Jessica is saying."

Rose rolls her eyes, "She's being conceited  as always. Blabbering to the new girl about our scandalous actions." I giggle at her, but don't comment. I mean, I know how the students feel. I thought the same thing until I learned that they're mates. Now, I think it's sweet.

"Yes, very scandalous indeed," Edward says and he pokes my side as he sits down, making me slap him. He knows I hate being tickled. He winks at me and I scrunch my nose at him playfully before grabbing the tray and eating the chicken salad.

After thirty minutes of Emmett discreetly throwing food at random students, Rose and Alice talking about fashion, and me, Jazz, and Edward talking amongst ourselves, my phone vibrates and I smile. "I'm going to go take this. I'll be back in five minutes."

They nod and I head towards the bathroom and answer Seth's call. "Seth," I say happily. "Grace!" I hear multiple voices say at once. I giggle, "Hi guys. What are you up to?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just the usual."

"Oh, so eating all the food from Sam and Emily's house then?"

"Yep!" They all say together and I laugh.

"How's your day been Gracie?" Seth asks curiously. "No reason I have to come up there, right?"

I giggle, "No Seth. You just overreacted this morning. Besides, I'm not the main focus point anymore. I mean, yeah I still am, but not as much. They have a new victim."

The guys ohh and ahh, asking who it is. I smile, "Isabella Swan I believe. I don't know really, but her name is Isabella."

The pack goes silent as I hear Jake growl, "Bella? They're talking about Bella? What are they saying?" I flinch at his harsh voice while Sam, Emily, and Seth are scolding him for raising his voice at me.

"I'm guessing you imprinted...." I say cautiously and he growls again. "What are they saying Gracelyn!"

"I'm warning you Jake. Yell at her one more time," I hear Seth growl lowly.

"Nothing bad, Jake! They aren't being mean! They are just curious since she's new, that's all."

"Curious like how they were to you?" He growls and I flinch again. In the background I hear Seth say, "That's it!" and I hear a crash. The guys egg on whatever is happening, Sam is yelling at Seth, and Emily is yelling at them to take it outside.

I look around to make sure no one is in here before yelling, "Guys! Shut up now! Seth, calm down! Jacob Black calm your tail down or so help me I will march over there and make you calm down, understood?"

The pack all stop shouting and it's silent except for Paul, Embry, Quil, and Jared's laughter along with Emily's giggling.

"Jake. I know you're worried, but you can't take that out on me. I don't know what they're saying, but if I hear something I'll stand up for her, ok? So far all I've heard is them talking about her name, where she's from, and..." I falter. I probably shouldn't tell him the guys like her. "And that's basically it. If I hear something I'll tell you, ok?"

"You can't stand up for yourself, much less someone you don't even know," he growls again and I hear Sam tell Seth to calm down and for Paul to grab him.

"Jacob Ephraim Black! One more word and I will forget all about helping you. I'm trying to do all I can, but you are being very ungrateful for my help. Now, I know you can't help it and that you're all wolf crazy about her, but I need you to calm down and accept the help you can get. I know I'm not the best person when it comes to standing up for myself, but I won't hesitate to do it for others and if this girl is important to you, then I'll help."

"I'm sorry. I'm new to this thing and I just can't keep it under control. Thank you for helping me." I grin, proud of myself, "You're welcome Jake Jake. If it makes you feel better, I could try to talk to her?" I say wearily.

"No," Seth says at the same time Jake says, "Yes!"

"No! She isn't your messenger. Bella is fine."

"I know she's not my messenger, but this is an opportunity for her to make friends with someone for a change."

And the hits just keep on coming.

"While you two duke this out... I gotta go...." I say as I hear the whole pack now in on the conversation and I end the call.

I let out a deep breath and push myself off the wall. As I walk into the lunchroom I see Bella, by herself, throwing her tray away. I internally groan as I force my feet to walk towards her.

"Hi. You're Isabella, right?" I say politely. She jumps and quickly turns around before nodding.

"Just Bella. I only like to to called Bella."

I smile, "Ok, Bella. My name's Grace Cullen. My friend Jake said you were new, so I wanted to introduce myself."

"Grace Cullen? You're a Cullen?" She asks dumbly. Like, duh. Yeah I'm a Cullen. Jessica Stanley shared our whole life story to you just thirty minutes ago.

"Yep. That's me. So, about Jake..."

"That's your brother, right? Edward?" She so rudely interrupts me.

I gap a little at her before saying, "Yes. Now, back to what I was saying. Jake told me ..."

"You two seem close."

I snap my jaws and grit my teeth. "We are. Now, I was saying before you oh so rudely interrupted me was that Jake wanted me to tell you that..."

"Do you happen to know if..."

"I'm so sorry Isabella, but I have to depart. I need to get back to my seat before the bell rings. It was so lovely to meet you and I'll tell Jake I saw you. Have a good day, and remember what I told you about Jake!"

I walk back towards my table when I hear her mumble, "What was that about Jake? Oh no." I smirk in satisfaction until I see the look my family are giving Edward.

"What... what's wrong?"

"Grace, step back. Go to class now."

Worried I place my hand on his shoulder, "Edward? Are you ok..."

"Grace I need you to step away for a few moments please. I'll explain later, but I have to leave."

I nod, knowing it has something to do with his thirst and I step back to where Emmett is standing and he puts a protective arm around my waist. "Get out of here Edward. You don't want to hurt Grace."

Edward nods and throws me a glance before quickly walking out of the cafeteria.

"What's wrong with Edward?" I ask everyone as the worried look after him. "The new girl, Isabella, she's his blood singer."

"Blood singer? Is that a mate?" I ask Alice and she gently shakes her head. "No. The opposite. Her blood sings to him. It's hard for him to be able to control his thirst. No one is able to resist."

I gasp, "He can't! He has to resist. That's Jake's imprint." I whisper the last part quietly.

"Speaking of that, we heard you yelling at him over the phone. You're very kind. Talking to her I mean."

I huff, "I was trying to be nice, but she interrupted me three times! I was trying to help Jake out, but then she has to fawn over Edward. She can't fawn over him!"

They smirk at me for some reason while Emmett says, "And why not?"

"Because she's Jake's imprint! I just told you this you idiot!"

Jasper chuckles, "Darlin', it may be like you and Seth. Not all imprints have to be romantic."

I roll my eyes, "You're missing the point Jazz. She's Jake's. She can't play with Jake's feelings and go to Edward. Not only is that unfair to Jake, it's also unfair to Edward because that means she's playing both of them. Jake loves her. Like, really loves her. And if he finds out she likes Edward he'll kill Edward. Or kill himself. And neither of those are options in my mind."

My siblings smile at me as the bell rings. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go to gym. We'll fix this situation later." I nod and walk with Emmett and Jasper to gym.

The bell dismisses us from our last class and  I briskly walk outside to see Seth. I see him parked by Emmett's Jeep and he grins at me when he meets my eyes.

"Seth!" I say happily and he hugs me when I'm close enough. "Hey, Gracie. Sorry I couldn't bring the bike. We've got to pick Emily up some groceries on our way back."

"That's fine. Guess what."

Seth grins as I throw my bag into his car. "What?"

"I talked to Isabella," I say with a smug smirk. "My siblings can testify. Jake can eat his words."

Seth's grin drops a bit, "Are you alright? I know that was hard for you."

I shrug and lean against the Jeep across from Seth. "It's ok. She interrupted me three times while I was trying to talk to her, but we've got bigger issues than that." I say before I can catch myself. When I do, I cover my mouth quickly.

"You didn't hear that," I say just as he opens his mouth to respond.

"You go and blabber to Seth about the problem, Grace Grace?" Emmett says as he and my siblings walk up to us.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! He won't tell anyone."

"What's wrong? I won't say anything, I swear." I sigh and reluctantly nod.

"Fine. Long story short Isabella was fawning over Edward at lunch and Jake can't know because he'll either kill Edward or himself and I won't let him do either. Also, Isabella is Edward's blood singer, so he has to try and not kill her and if he kills her then Jake will definitely kill him as well as the rest of the pack, so I don't know what to do and it's stressing me out."  I breath out a big breath and Seth hugs me tightly.

"It's ok. No one will kill no one, I promise. Bella is just weird about your family like everyone is. It'll pass, especially when she keeps hanging out with Jake. The bond can't be ignored. She'll feel it and when she does, she'll leave Edward alone. When she leaves him alone, she'll be around Jake so much that she'll smell more and more like a wolf, so he will be able to resist the smell. It'll work out, I promise."

I nod and focus on deep breaths like Dad told me to do when I get upset. "Ok, darlin'. If you and Seth have to get to the store you better hurry so you can be home in time to get your homework done." I nod as Seth says, "Emily will probably feed us supper, and she can finish her work at the pack house. Sam is crazy smart surprisingly, so is she needs help he can help. If we stay till 8:30, she'll call you to let you know when we'll be back."

They tell me goodbye and they leave the parking lot before me and Seth head to the store. We grab all of Emily's stuff before grabbing candy and drinks for ourselves. When we get into the car a familiar song comes on and I squeal.

"Seth, it's our song!"

Seth laughs and turns up the radio to the Shawn Mendes song.

"I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinking about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you"

By the end of the song, we reach Sam and Emily's house in a fit of laughter and I smile brightly at Seth.

"I haven't laughed that hard in forever," I say breathlessly and Seth kisses my cheek.

"Come on, let's get this stuff inside."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.8K 22
Fifteen year old Maddie Hunter lost her parents when she was five years old due to a house fire. She was saved from sharing the same fate and was pla...
38.4K 896 26
Trigger Warning: This book mentions abuse that might not be appropriate for all readers She never felt love or the warmth of a simple little hug, jus...
124K 3.3K 13
❝Even though they never said it to each other, they knew.❞ Cassandra Cullen was one of Carlisle Cullen's adoptive daughters in human eyes. But in rea...
664K 18.9K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...