Blind and the Beast

By XDhelloXD

Every year a woman is chosen and willingly walks into the Beast King's forest to find fame and fortune throug... More

The Forest
Home Sweet Home
The Depths of the Dungeon
Be Our Guest
Kitchens in Castles
Forbbiden Places and Stories
The Road Less Traveled
Back in the Forest Again
Wolves and Revelations
Sparks of a New Friendship
Dinner
The First Dance
At Dance's End
Good Intentions
His Majesty, Prince Gaston Legume
Home (not so) Sweet Home
A World Apart
Plots and Princes
The Proposal
The Reunion
Home Together
The Last Dance
The Last Night
The Mob
The Fight
The End
The Sorceress
Cursed
Resillience
Happily Ever After
The After
The Forest (Beast POV)

Lies

606 24 4
By XDhelloXD

-Gaston-

Gaston was happy when he made it out of the Beast Kings forest, he was overjoyed when he learned that his plans were furthered by what could only be described as divine intervention, he was ecstatic when the Lord of the town ate up every word he said and swore to consign him a few dozen men, but there were no words to explain the way he felt when he saw the the woman he was supposed to have "saved."

He only recognized her because she arrived on the arm of her father adorned in the bright yellow dress that Lord MonteVerde had given to the man after he complained that his daughter had nothing to wear to such an event. Gaston had thought poorly of the beggar at the time, but coming face to face with his daughter in a quality yellow silk, he now saw it was worth his begging.

"Prince Gaston, allow me to officially introduce you to my daughter, Belle."

Belle turned her eyes in his direction and bowed shortly. It was an ugly short sort of bow. It couldn't be helped Gaston supposed. How was she supposed to learn how to bow properly in her condition?

"It's a pleasure your grace." 

Gaston took her hand and pressed it to his heart, "My dearest Belle, I cannot begin to describe the raptures of my heart when I realized that you had made it home safely. My heart hurts for the horrors you must have experienced at his hand and I am glad I could play a hand in aiding your escape from that monster."

Gaston watched has her face showed her confusion and in that moment Gaston knew he'd have to do a little damage control.

"-but" she started, but Gaston hushed her before she got too far. If she started talking right now it would ruin a lot of things for him.

"I was wondering Belle, if you would do me the greatest honor and allow me to accompany you for your first dance?" He asked.

She stuttered out a yes and he wasted no time in turning to Lord MonteVerde

"My Lord, now that the Belle of the ball has arrived, might I have the honor of starting the dance portion of the night?"

Lord Monteverde clapped his hands together, "Of course! It would be a pleasure for you to start the night's proceedings!" 

The little man walked away, and Gaston turned to Belle's father Maurice. 

"Will you excuse us both?" Gaston asked and her father nodded.  He hadn't been able to stifle his wide grin since he walked in. Her father placed Belle's hand in his and then took a step back.

"Follow me." Gaston said before pulling a semi-reluctant woman onto the dance floor. 

The dance floor arranged itself in paired off couples and the instrumentalists began picking up their instruments.

"Prince Gaston, I have a confession. If you truly has saved some maiden from the King Beasts forest it was not me. I have escaped through... other means."

She said dying out at the end. Gaston narrowed his eyes. She held the faintest blush and held him sternly at a distance. If another man had saved her and arrived in the city, everything he had worked for would be gone.

"What other means could have brought about this miracle? Of course you were rescued by me. I assure you that it was me that delivered a fatal wound to the chest of the beast that allowed you to escape!"

She frowned and held him at a distance. "No one came for me, your majesty. I didn't need rescued after all."  Her voice was cold and severe.

Everyhing was about image for Gaston. The way she held him would not convince anyone that they were joyfully reunited, so he pushed himself closer despite her struggling.

"No Belle, it was you I saved from the Beast King himself and any other story you attempt to spread will be discounted as the ravings of a scared woman. I am the crown Prince and you are blind. No one will believe your story over mine."

-Belle-

Belle had attributed everything up to this point as a misunderstanding. She figured that no prince would be waiting around the forest for her to return only to pounce in and take credit for it. The timing was a little too convenient and it was disgustingly dishonorable. She had figured wrong. She thought at first sight he'd admit to his mistake, but when he did not, she thought maybe he had her confused for someone else, but she did not expect his lies and veiled threats. 

She tried to piece together a retort when the music started and he led her into an awkward stiff dance.

"We'll have to work on your dancing my dear, it's really atrocious." The prince said, finally bringing Belle out of her swirling thoughts.

"You're lying to everyone about saving me." She said, pointing out the obvious, ignoring his insult.

"Of course I'm lying, but it is all your fault really. I HAD intended on rescuing you and I did spend the last few weeks searching for you in that godforsaken forest, but after challenging the beast to a duel and losing I was going to come back for more men, but you beat me here."

"and you took credit for my rescue." She said filling in the rest of the story. 

"and nobody will ever know of any other story." He pulled her close grabbing her painfully around her waist. "Do you understand me?" He asked in a low threatening voice and she nodded. 

"Good." He said, loosening his hold on her but holding her just as close. She hated the feel of his arm around her waist. If he was across the room he would still be too close to her. "The timing of everything worked out well for me, but it worked out even better for you."

"How does your fortune work out for me?" She asked and he laughed.

"Well you have won your prince of course!" 

Belle was quiet at that, scared to say what she really thought. 

"But surely you don't want to marry a blind woman. Some other woman would make you much happier and a much better wife."

"Actually, I can't think of a better arrangement! I'll get the glory of rescuing a maiden from the king beast just like my oldest brother. It will of course work in my favvor to have such a sympathetic wife. It will endear people to me instantly. So much so in fact, that our popularity will soon outstrip my brother's. In a castle you won't have any responsibilities so your disability can hardly be a detriment, and I imagine having a blind wife would mean having a wife who would nag me a lot less because you can't exactly see what you're nagging! It's the perfect situation, not to mention you're the most beautiful creature that I've ever seen in my life. If I had my pick of a thousand women you would be my choice every time."

Belle couldn't believe what she was hearing. Every word made her stomach drop and she would have stormed off away from the dance if she wouldn't have made such a commotion by colliding with everything in her path.

"I'm not sure I can marry you." She said, trying her best to sound diplomatic. 

He laughed good and long at that, "They didn't mention how adorably naïve you are! Of course you will marry me. You are only hesitant because of the odd circumstances behind our union. It's every woman's dream to become a princess! You'll be pampered your entire life an covered in nothing but the best the kingdom has to offer! Plus, I know you can't tell because of your defect, but I am known throughout the land for my pleasing looks and physique. I am the most desired man in the kingdom."

Belle had to school her face before she mocked him openly. She hated this man. She was sure of that now, and would rather throw herself to the wolfmen than marry him. 

"I must insist your highness, I am not sure that we would make a good match. Your affections are better spent on others who could appreciate your looks and your physique."

"Don't be petulant. We'll get married. it's almost as much as announced! I have already asked for a ring and I'll make it official, but without your support Lord MonteVerde would not be so inclined as to lend me a few dozen men for the next few days."

"Why do you need a few dozen men?" She asked as the horror sank in that this really was going to be her husband.

"We're going to go out into the forest and kill the King Beast once and for all."

Belle's heart ran cold, "Why do you need to go out there and risk yourself? You have me already you don't need to go out there and kill him."

"Oh my dear, you're just a consolation prize. The real prize is killing the King beast, When I left him he was gravely wounded and if he hasn't already died off from it already, I'll be more than happy to finish the job. Whoever kills the king beast on a blood moon becomes the King of the beasts and with that kind of power I could conquer anything. Soldiers are nice and all, but you don't stay up late at night hope a soldier isn't hiding under your bed. With all the monsters at my disposal I would finally be taken seriously as a contender to the throne and I am convinced I will inherit."

Belle was speechless and her mind was reeling. Adam was injured when he brought her back. He didn't mention any prince, but it would make a lot more sense. She didn't know if he could handle dozens of men coming after him in this state especially unwarned. He'll think the men have stopped pursuing him now that he no longer has her. 

"Oh don't look so depressed dearest. By the end of this you'll be queen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 10 13
A girl who comes from the different era, with different race; somehow transmigrated to the world she had never expected to experience.
30.8K 839 14
Β°β€’*β€βž· π‡π€πππ˜ ππ„π†πˆπππˆππ†π’ # πŸ‘‘πŸ©°πŸŽΆ βͺ π™°π™½π™°πš‚πšƒπ™°πš‚π™Έπ™° π™Όπ™Ύπš…π™Έπ™΄ ❫ 𝗢𝗻 π˜„π—΅π—Άπ—°π—΅ ━ when their family is killed, (y/n) and anastasi...
31.3K 2.8K 11
A tale as old as time with a rather different twist. When Beau's father steals a cursed rose from the garden of a terrifying beast, Beau bravely offe...
39.4K 1.6K 22
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled...