Once More (My Hero Academia)

By crayonying

Just when Midoriya Izuku was forced to leave his friends to defeat the villains, he travelled two years back... More

A/N
1: Back in Time
2: Quirkless
3: Start from the Beginning
4: Home
5: The Entrance Exam
6: Accepted
7: First Day of School
8: Combat Training
9: Deku 2.0 vs. Kacchan
10: Bakugo's Starting Line
11: We're Depending on You
12: The USJ Attack
13: All Might
14: Dark Path Ahead
15: Sports Festival Begins!
16: Hi Team
18: Spark
19: Show the World
20: The Core
21: Bakugo vs Uraraka
22: Todoroki vs Midoriya 2.0
23: Sensory Overload
24: The Final Round
25: Sports Festival Aftermath
26: Hero Agency Internships
27: Foresight
28: Mirio
29: Hosu
30: The Hero Killer
31: Ingenium
32: Dreams and Promises
33: Eri
34: Unsurprising
35: Underclassmen Drama
36: The Crushing of U.A.

17: The Calvary Battle

6.7K 239 33
By crayonying

"START!!!"

Instantly, two of the closest teams, one from class A and another from class B, burst toward Midoriya's team.

Midoriya squinted his eyes as he studied the two teams coming toward them.

"Wait, what was that guy's quirk again... oh gosh, brace yourselves!" Midoriya warned, then pressed the button of the remote in his hand. The jet pack on his back hummed into life, then they launched into the air.

Uraraka was confused as to why he activated the pack so early, but her confusion dissipated the moment after as the ground below them softened into mush.

"Class-B has someone who can mush-ify things?" Uraraka blurted, unable to find the right word.

"Apparently, yeah," Midoriya replied.

Attacks from below shot towards them, but Tokoyami's shadow easily reflected them.

With the help of Uraraka's quirk making them weightless, Hatsume's support items providing thrust, and Tokoyami's seamless defense, Midoriya's team was able to avoid the barrage of attacks raining upon them.

"DEKU!!"

"Here he comes..." Midoriya cautioned.

Uraraka shrieked as the blond boy blasted toward them like a missile.

Dark Shadow shielded the explosions, and the team could see Tokoyami's quirk slightly weakening from the bright nature of Bakugo's attack.

Bakugo grunted in frustration, gravity dragging him toward the ground as Midoriya's group quickly retreated.

But he wasn't going to give up like that. With a stronger explosion of his quirk, he blasted toward them once again.

It was at this moment when Todoroki's team arrived near Midoriya as well.

"Kaminari," Todoroki ordered.

Kaminari smirked, and a blanket created by Yaoyorozu draped over the rest of the group.

"Tokoyami," Midoriya yelled, a tinge of worry in his voice, "block Kaminari!"

"What about Bakugo..."

"-- Give me a boost!" The bright green light of his quirk appeared around Midoriya and his teammates instantly realized what he was about to do.

With a push from his teammates, Midoriya leaped up in the air, weightless.

"Die, Deku!" Bakugo pulled his arms back, his quirk crackling at his palms.

Turning himself in the air like a spinning top, Midoriya sent a powerful roundhouse kick swiping in the air in front of him. Just as Bakugo thought Midoriya missed, the blond boy realized the disadvantage of his position.

The wind force from Midoriya's kick sent Bakugo flying backward, past his teammates.

"Bakugo!" Kirishima gasped, and Sero shot his tape at the falling boy. However, Bakugo was falling way too fast for Sero to catch him.

"Dammit..." Bakugo was tumbling in the air toward the ground. Not just physically, he felt the distance between him and Midoriya widen. It was unbearable.

Nonetheless, a dangerous, icy sense of calmness washed over him, and he slowed his fall with a well-aimed explosion despite his body spinning backward in the air.

Sero let go a breath of relief and scooped Bakugo right back to their horse formation just in time.

"Bro, you ok?" Kirishima asked, turning his head back. Then his eyes widened, "Bakugo--"

Bakugo felt a tug on his head and reacted instantly. His arm whipped back, slamming an explosion in the general area where he sensed the team was and hit them right on.

The class-B student was forced to let go of the headband, and their team stumbled back, trying to gain balance, as Bakugo's headband dangled dangerously on his shoulder.

The 1-A student readjusted the headband as he stared daggers at the class-B team that dared ambush them.

"Geez... I might've underestimated you a tad..." The rider from the class-B team smirked. He had slick blond hair and dull blue eyes, his expression was of unmasked contempt, "But still... You 1-A students are so simple."

Bakugo twitched in annoyance.

"You especially," the class-B student continued, "chasing after that first place guy over and over again like a donkey after a carrot, but failing miserably all the same... Aren't you tired? Don't you feel even a tiny bit of pity for yourself?" The student tossed his head back in laughter.

"Bakugo... don't fall for it..." Kirishima warned, but Ashido and Sero knew it would be to no avail.

"Slight change of plans, Shitty Hair," Bakugo said with a grin, "we'll make this quick."

Meanwhile, Midoriya had landed back with his group and Tokoyami had blocked off most of Kaminari's electric attack. The ground was frozen, but with Uraraka's anti-gravity quirk Todoroki's attack had been easy to avoid.

Todoroki had created a wall of ice surrounding the two teams, so no other team would be in the way for him to take the million-point headband.

And he wasn't planning to fail.

"Todoroki," Iida shifted his weight, slightly surprising Todoroki, "what happens next will be up to you guys. Be sure to grab it..."

"What are you going to --"

Todoroki's question was interrupted as air slammed into his face and the distance between him and Midoriya was closed in a blink of an eye.

Reacting just in time, Todoroki shot his arm out toward the white headband resting on Midoriya's head.

Iida exhaled with a triumphant expression, his engines whirring to a stop as a trail of smoke behind him billowed in the air. He whipped his head back to Todoroki, but the sight made his throat tighten.

"Todoroki..."

"...I missed," Todoroki frowned, his bottom lip twitching.

Iida turned away from his teammate and back at his opponent.

"No way..." Iida's eyes widened in disbelief.

Midoriya was in the air, weightless with Uraraka's quirk.

The headband was still on Midoriya's head.

"Did Midoriya... dodge that?" Kaminari squinted.

"Iida, did Midoriya know about your secret move?" Todoroki asked.

"No, I never told anyone apart from you three," Iida asserted.

Meanwhile, with the help of Tokoyami's dark shadow, Midoriya landed back on the horse formation.

"Boy, that was scary," Uraraka said, her voice still quivering from the earlier jump scare.

"Yeah Mr. First Place, maybe try giving a warning before blasting yourself in the air! My babies might not be able to handle a sudden force like that!" Hatsume complained.

"Sorry guys, Iida's move was way too fast. I barely reacted..." Midoriya replied.

"That was indeed surprisingly fast," Tokoyami muttered.

The team adjusted themselves, facing Todoroki's team once again.

Todoroki's normally deadpanned expression was now unusually irritated. He even looked a bit angry.

"Go," Todoroki ordered, and the team rushed forward. Without Iida's engine now, they were much slower, but the way Todoroki looked at them told Midoriya's team that they wouldn't be getting out of this easily.

A mountain of ice burst from the ground and Midoriya's team stumbled out of the way. But the ice kept coming, Todoroki's attacks getting larger and faster. Only moments later, the small arena the two teams were on was already a forest of ice and boulders. The image of Todoroki's team reflected around in the walls of ice, a blur of color.

"They're trying to block our view!" Midoriya said, realization evident in his voice, "Be careful!"

Sure enough, they barely had time to react as Todoroki's team emerged from behind an ice wall and Todoroki's hand reached toward Midoriya's headband.

"Steady, guys," Midoriya said to his team after he dodged, "we just need a little bit more time..."

Todoroki glanced at the countdown and grunted. His right arm was already covered in frost, unable to summon ice large enough to hinder the opposing team anymore. His attacks were useless now.

Even worse, he was all too aware of his father's gaze boring holes in his back.

But he was more frustrated at himself. He worked hard. What was it that Midoriya had that he didn't?

Todoroki shuddered in realization as he remembered what the green hair boy said to him.

I'm going for it with everything I got. The question is...will you?

You sound exactly like that old man, Midoriya, Todoroki thought.

Why does everyone keep pressuring him like that?

He will never use his fire quirk.

But despite his thoughts, something else burned in his mind.

They didn't care. Nobody cared. To everyone else, he was just someone being taken advantage of by the other team, by Midoriya. To everyone else, he was only himself, but a coward.

Just to melt off the frost. Todoroki told himself, but his thoughts were drowned away.

A flame trickled from Todoroki's left finger, and grew into a towering flame.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.3K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
6.9K 169 31
A year after the Komino incident, Izuku Midoryia world will change for the best or worse. He will be living a life of lies. All because he was in the...
160K 5.9K 43
Midoriya Izuku has gone through hell and back. Not only did he find out that the number 1 villain is his father, but he had to watch all of his frien...
42K 1.7K 41
In this alternative universe, Midoriya Izuku has become a villain. He no longer fights for justice but for revenge. Will his childhood friend Bakugo...