Invisible String

By nicoletmorgan

Natalie gets a big break and becomes the lead guitarist for a well known artist. Tours and music is her life... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Song List
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Question
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
Questions
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Help?
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
Question (:
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
Uhhh....
103
104
105
106
Hear me out
Questions
Questions/Apology

76

1.7K 66 7
By nicoletmorgan

Alex's POV

"Can we have all your attention towards the middle of the dance floor as the Acevedo's have their first dance." The DJ announces.

Nat grabs the tail of my dress as we walk towards the middle of the dance floor.

"So what did we end up picking?" Nat asks.

"A good one." I say with a smile.

"I want to interrupt real quick. Hi everyone I'm Taylor, Natalie's sister, I know it's time for the first dance and I know they already picked out a song, but I wanted to ask the lovely couple if they would let me sing a song I wrote for them as their first dance."

I look at Nat who looks at me, then we look at Taylor.

"I wrote a song. Surprise." Taylor says. "What do you say? I promise it's a good song for your first dance."

"I'm okay with that, Al?"

"I'm okay with that too." I say.

"Great."

Taylor walks back as the orchestra begins, taylor begins to play the piano, a smile on her face as she looks over at us.

Taylor's POV

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January
And this is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear
Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

"Taylor I love her."

"You certainly have a certain way of showing it Alex." I say making Alex sigh. I make my way inside the house, Alex following behind.

"Please."

"It's not up to me Alex."

"I want to go wherever she goes Taylor. I embarrassingly enough stalked her."

"Been there done that." I say.

"It feels like I've known her for so long, I love her."

"Prove it. To me and to her. You hurt her more than what you already have and I'll have to do something."

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my
Lover

"Tay help me."

"Now why should I do that?" I ask Nat.

"Because you love me?"

"Spit it out."

"I love her okay! I want all of it, her complications, her dreary Mondays, everything. Help me Tay please, how do I try and get her back."

We could let our friends crash in the living room
This is our place, we make the call
And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all

I look at the middle of the dance floor, a smile on my face as I continue to sing. My sister happy. That's all I've ever wanted for her.

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Lover

I grab the microphone and stand up, making my way closer to the dance floor. I point towards Alex and Nat as they sway slowly.

Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
With every guitar string scar on my hand
I take this magnetic force of a woman to be my lover

"I'm going to ask her to marry me." Nat says and my jaw drops.

"Really? Like really?" I ask.

"Really. I'm ready, I just want her Taylor."

"I'm having a sister in law!" I shout. "I'm so happy for you bubs, I always knew she'd be the one."

"You're always right." Nat says and winks.

"No one ever believes me."

I headed towards my room as I wrote in my journal

Natalie has been hurt so many times, by family and friends just like I have. I remember when she used to hate her reflection, for years, but she grew and was loved more and more. I always knew Alex would be the one. She's like a fire that keeps my bubs heart warm.

Note to self: tell Alex she's forgiven.

My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
All's well that ends well to end up with you
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover
And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Oh, you're my, my, my, my
Darling, you're my, my, my, my
Lover

Natalie's POV

"I'm happy." I mumble against Alex.

"I love you."

The song ends and I bring Alex closer into me and kiss her.

"I love you too." I mumble against her lips.

Alex and I pull away then clap as Taylor walks down. A smile on Tay's face as she walks over to us.

"I hope you liked it."

"That was amazing, I loved it."

"It was the best first dance song anyone could ever have." Alex says and I nod in agreement.

"I'm so happy for you two. So so happy." Taylor says as she hugs us.

"So we were thinking, well I was thinking." I say as I look at Alex then Taylor. "I have Swift in my name, for a while now."

"Yes."

"And well.."

"Uh huh?"

"You know how we went on about just having Acevedo right?"

"Natalie."

"I want Alex to have it too."

"Seriously? That's great, so why do you sound so nervous?"

"Well I don't know."

"Bub, you have Swift in your name because we talked about it and at first you didn't want to and then years later you did. Swift is a part of you, you're a part of the family. Alex is your wife now and if you both- well if Alex would like to have YOUR last names then go for it."

"Cool, so we're the Acevedo-Swift." I say with a smile.

"Alex, a proper welcome, come here." Taylor hugs Alex as I just stand there awkwardly. Typical. "You're forgiven by the way."

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing just something between Alex and I." Taylor says.

"Okay?" I say skeptically. Weirdos.

"Now for the father, daughter dance." The DJ announces.

"Jason?" Taylor asks and I snort.

"No."

"And for the Mother, daughter dance." The DJ announces.

"Huh?" Taylor says and I laugh.

I walk over to Andrea as I extend my hand to her. A smile on my face as I want the second woman in my life that raised me to dance with me.

"You're also a mother figure to me." I whisper.

Andrea grabs my hand as she stands up and walks to the center of the dance floor.

- - - -

"These tacos. BOMB." Hailee says and I chuckle.

"Authentic tacos is all I wanted at my wedding." I say as I take a bite from my carnitas taco. "Delicious"

"You're so going to get your suit dirty. Typical of you."

I look up and I see who's right in front of me. I laugh and set my napkin down as I get up.

"The Danna Paola, I didn't think you'd make it." I say as I walk around the table to give her a hug.

"Como me iba ha perderme esto? Tu me invitaste y no me lo iba ha perder. Es tu boda Liliana. Y tú eres mi amiga." Danna says and I smile. How was I going to miss this? You invited me and I wasn't going to miss it. It's your wedding Liliana. And you are my friend.

"This is my wife, Alex." I say as I move out of the way. "Alex this is my good friend Danna."

"Nice to meet you." Alex says as they shake hands.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Oh wow it's been a while, I'm glad you were able to come."

"Wouldn't miss it."

"I hope you're enjoying the food and the music."

"I am yes, it's all so nice."

"If we could have your attention to the stage, as we will be having a live performance." The DJ announces.

"I'll talk to you later yeah?" Danna says and I nod my head. "So nice to meet you Alex."

I sit back down as I continue to eat waiting for whoever is coming out to perform.

"Do you know who?" Alex whispers.

"Maybe. And it was tough." I whisper.

"Hello everyone."

"No way." Hailee says as she grabs my arm. "How'd you pull that off? There's like three entire ex couples here at this reception."

"I'm Kevin."

"I'm Joe."

"And I'm Nick."

"It wasn't that easy, but I asked permission from all three ladies and they were okay with it. That and I had to sort of bribe the guys with something that no one knows about. I also had to talk to one ex in particular for a while for this."

"Natalie, Alex, congratulations and we hope you're enjoying this time."

"I didn't see all the wives."

"Priyanka is the only one who's not here." I whisper to Hailee.

"Ah."

Called you for the first time yesterday
Finally found the missing part of me
Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say

Now I'm speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again

I can't get your smile out of my mind
(I can't get you out of my mind)
I think about your eyes all the time
You're beautiful but you don't even try
(You don't even, don't even try)
Modesty is just so hard to find

Now I'm speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again

I kissed her for the first time yesterday
Everything I wished that it would be
Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Hopeless, breathless
Baby can't you see?

"Woo!" I shout as Joe hits those high notes.

Now I'm...

Yeah, oh

"Crap those vocals." I say as I stand up and raise my hands up as I dance to the song. I start to sing along as I grab Alex's hand.

Now I'm speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again
Now I'm hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again

Oh-oh
Lovebug again

Everyone applauds as they end the song, I whistle as I twirl the napkin over my head.

"Yeah Kevin!" I shout.

"The adrenaline in me is through the roof." Alex says as she holds onto my arm. "I loved it."

"Natalie, Alex. Thank you for having us tonight for this wonderful moment in your life." Joe says and I wave at them.

"Lot of convincing?" Alex whispers, her head resting against my arm.

"Oh yeah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546 56 22
Taking place a few months after the release of OK Computer, Natalie, a great fan of Radiohead, has dreams of starting up a band- and, meeting the mem...
Secrets By Alex

Fanfiction

161K 6.5K 172
Everyone has secrets Shall we find out mine?
1.6K 21 17
Taylor Daughtry's dream was being a professional concert photographer. What happens when she gets a chance with her favorite band? Sequel: "Mine" wil...
37.4K 1K 39
wouldn't you do anything to achieve you're life long dream? even if that meant you had to be a groupie for some band of (hot) guys? well, that's what...