On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

noticeyoursenpaii द्वारा

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 29: Mistakes

2K 100 9
noticeyoursenpaii द्वारा

YOUR POV

I was just sitting on the sand, watching them from afar as I'm making myself busy with the snacks. I don't know how many times I've cursed myself since they started swimming. How could I be so stupid? I was the one who suggested to go to the beach without thinking that I can't use revealing clothes. And now I'm stuck here just watching and wrapped up in my own clothing to cover up my tattoo. At this point, it's not surprising at all if people will recognise me in an instant due to this tattoo.

While watching from afar, I saw Senju wave at me and I returned it with a smile. Somehow being around them messes up my mind, knowing I haven't told them yet besides Omi and Waka. The guilt is eating me up of course. I know I can't keep on like this. Maybe I should've just told them from the start...

"Everyone's enjoying, what are you doing here alone?" A shadow loomed over me. I look up to see Wakasa holding two cups of juice or soda probably as he stood there with his summer shirt unbuttoned, exposing the front of his top body. It took me a lot of effort to control my eyes and not let them land anywhere but his eyes.

My God, why does he have to be like that?

"I just..." I quickly stop myself before I could say anything. I wouldn't want to cause a drama here even if it's just the two of us. I quickly shook my head and averted my gaze. "Nothing. I was just thinking."

"About?" He sat down beside me, handing me the other cup. I thanked him but didn't bother answering his question.

When he noticed that I'm not replying, he sighed before speaking, changing the subject.

"You can remove it now, you know." I was confused for a moment until I realised he was pertaining to shirt that's covering my arms. I shot him a troubled look.

"Huh?" Is he trying to be dumb or he's just really dumb? "If you wanted to see me naked that badly, you could've just said so." I tried to joke about it but he ignored it completely and asked me a question instead.

"Do you really not trust our friends?" I frown at his words. How in the world did me covering myself escalated into trust? "Do you think they're stupid?"

"What? Of course I don't, you meanie." I glared at him. Why would I even think that? I'm starting to think he's the one stupid here.

He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Y/N, whatever it is that you're trying to hide, they already know about it. Whether it's you running away from home or from your groom, they know. They watch the news too." He sent me an obvious look before turning towards the others. I followed his gaze and when they noticed us staring, they all called for us to join them but Wakasa only turned to me. "Do they look like they give a damn that you're here spending your time with us?" My eyes widened, finally getting what he's trying to say.

He's right. I should've expected that they all found out about it already without needing me to tell them directly. I was the one who's stupid all along. I can't believe I didn't realise it sooner. If they really didn't care for me anymore, they wouldn't even welcome me back after being away for a long time. I forgot the most important thing between us. The thing that's strongest in our bond.

Our friendship.

And it wasn't just any friendship bond. They're already like a family to me.

Feeling my eyes sting, I puffed my cheeks to prevent myself from sobbing. Suddenly, a small flick on my forehead made me whine.

"When.Will.You.Learn." Wakasa repeatedly tapped my forehead with his forefinger emphasising every word he said. I quickly covered my forehead before he could even do anything more to it. "You're so annoying. Stop thinking that we won't accept you just because of that. I was stupid to scold you that way and I acknowledge my mistake. So should you." He was frowning and yet I can feel he didn't mean his words in an offensive way. And to be honest, I felt relieved that he's telling me all these. It feels like a burden is being lifted off my shoulder, considering I have them believing in me.

"Your mistake is that you didn't trust us in this." He looked a little upset at his statement. "I think we've shown you enough for you to depend on us too. They'll understand your reasons." His voice trailed off.

I didn't even get the chance to say anything, not even a 'thank you' when he suddenly stood up and placed down his cup. Without looking at me, he offered his hand for me to take.

"Come. You wanted to spend the day together, right? Stop sulking here and join everyone." As soon as he said that, I heard my name being called from a distance and saw Senju riding on her brother's back. I smiled and decided to take Waka's hand as he help me stand up.

I was contemplating for a moment if I should remove my shirt when he spoke up once again.

"If you feel unsafe taking it off then don't. It's not like you can't enjoy the beach with your clothes on. We'll be here with you either way." He muttered but it was loud enough for me to hear. I smiled at him before thanking, feeling touched that he had thought about it.

"Thank you."

"Hurry up or I'll be forced to throw you in the water." He started walking away in huge steps and I hurriedly put down my cup before jogging my way after him.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Geez."

The seawater that somehow felt cold as it engulf my legs is already rising towards and near my hips as we walk further from the shore. Feeling tired with the current that we're against, without a second thought, I jumped on Wakasa's back causing him to tumble forward and almost lost his balance. I chuckled as I raised my legs, indicating that I don't want to walk anymore. With my arm around his neck, I raised one in the air, pointing towards the three.

"To the gang!!" I shouted and Wakasa tilted his head to the side, clearly annoyed by the loudness of my voice. I only laughed at him before tapping his shoulder. "Go Imaushi. Go!" I encouraged him and he once again let out a defeated sigh.

"You're such a kid." He commented. But in contradiction to his annoyed words, he still took hold of the back of both of my legs and adjusted my weight on his back before continuing in walking. "You better know how to swim by now." He suddenly blurted out which I only laugh off.

I can remember clearly how I almost drowned in our first beach vacation together. It was because I was being stubborn and wouldn't let anyone assist me in the water especially when Shinichiro kept teasing me that Waka would end up laughing at me if he found out I can't swim.

Well, thanks to that, I ended up in a life and death situation. Stupid Shin. Wakasa didn't even laugh about it, he only did when he found out the reason why I ended up in that situation that time. Ah what an idiot.

"Does your wound hurt?" I blinked as I was pulled back into reality with Waka's voice. My gaze dropped down to my arm, thinking that it's only been a day since I treated it but it should be fine right now. Though it does quite hurt a little if I use too much force on it.

"Mhm. It's fine, it wasn't that deep. Is my Waka worried?~" I babytalked him while patting his head like a kid.

"I'm more worried that you'll lure in the sharks to eat us." My jaw dropped at his lame comeback and I let out a huff.

"I must be delicious as hell then." I wanna flip my hair. That was nice—I mean where's the lie... because I really am what I just said. Suddenly, Waka hit his knuckle on my head right after I said that.

"Ow! Why are you so mean these days??" I slapped his shoulder. I feel like a part of him changed but I can't really point out what. But it's not in a bad way. I feel like he's being more open to me than he was before. Even when he's showing it through his harsh words and actions. I think he still cares and is a soft person within. Speaking from experience, of course.

"What do you mean? I'm always mean to people who lack brains." I kinda want to take back what I thought. I actually think he's always been mean to me. That's right. He's just mean. It's in his nature, Y/N.

"See what I'm talking about??"

But Wakasa only chuckled and ignored my words as we approach Senju, Omi, and Benkei who welcomed us with a splash of water.

And with that, we all spent the day having fun together without having too much worries with the situation I'm in. And ending the memorable day with what seemed like the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen beside the people most important to me.

__________
Author's Note:
I won't be updating as frequent as before since I'll be busy for the next few weeks but this story will still continue of course. Good luck on hoping for Waka's next confession I guess🫢

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

101K 4K 38
- "i made it my life goal to protect you" - --------- [izana kurokawa x fem reader] --------- We all know the man with the 'special' earrings, we a...
49.3K 1K 21
In the last fight with the league of villains, Izumi risked her life to save her friends. And in doing so she died but was saved by a new quirk she r...
182K 6.4K 63
[COMPLETE ☑] 💚 Tomura x Fem!Izuku _________________________ When she was a kid,Midoriya once met an older boy at an abandoned building when she was...
210K 11.5K 43
❝Don't you think your name is boring?❞ ❝Ha? What do you mean? My name's perfect as it is-❞ ❝Will you marry me?❞ ✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧ A young la...