Foster Family

By smilemore954

Louis had been in foster care since he was a kid. Each home had turned out the same, either miserable or abus... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

13

6.2K 149 59
By smilemore954

Louis's POV:

"And home safe," Harry says as we step into the warm home.

I was discharged from the hospital the next morning after they ran a few more tests and gave the triplets some regimen for my head and ribs to keep all the healing on track.

Sadie and I got a bit of quality time together when she forced the boys to go get us dinner last night, they refused to leave me until Sadie physically pushed them out. But we had a good time, she told me lots of funny stories about the triplets when they were younger.

Including one where all three of them got into a fistfight with each other at the ripe age of nine over the TV remote and one of them had ended up with a broken arm and all of them ended up grounded.

"Yes home safe so you can put me down now Eddie," I say, having been wrapped in Edwards's arms since the moment we stepped out of the hospital.

He claimed that I would be safest in his arms, where he could protect me.

Actually, all three of the triplets have gone into like full protective mode since I was discharged like they literally did not let me step foot on the ground.

"Why don't we just bring you up to bed or on the couch? We don't want you to use and overwork anything. All of your injuries need time to heal." Edward responds, not lightening his grip on me at all.

I just sigh, knowing that it truly was no use to argue with the triplets, it honestly was no use.

They bring me over to the living room couch, sitting me down in the corner with my legs stretched out in front of me.

"Guys I appreciate it but I'm not dying," I say.

Honestly, I adore how much they care but sometimes I need to be in control of myself. Plus I feel bad that I am keeping them from whatever they need to be doing because they think they need to take care of me.

"We know but we are just keeping you safe. Once you are fully healed you can do whatever you please." Marcel says as he follows into the room, carrying a glass of water and my pain relief.

I roll my eyes lightly with a bit of a laugh.

"Whatever you say."

The next few hours just consist of the triplets and I watching countless movies until the three of them are fast asleep.

They hadn't got the slightest bit of rest the entire time we were in the hospital so I am glad to see they are getting some rest back.

I check to see if they are fully out and their snores confirm my suspicions as I gently unwrap Marcel's arms from around my waist as I get up off the couch and head into the kitchen.

I know they don't want me to get up off the couch but I am hungry and seriously can't watch another minute of all those movies.

I grab an apple and my phone before making my way upstairs, doing my best to move slowly to not hurt myself any worse.

Once I get up to my room, I sit down on the edge of the bed, somehow already slightly tired from just walking up the stairs.

However, I wasn't even able to relax for a moment before I hear the three deep voices of my triplets yelling.

"Louis?!" They yell, their voices filled with concern.

How in the world did they wake up so fast? They have been asleep for like two minutes.

I don't even get the chance to respond because I start laughing when I hear them sprinting up the stairs and running towards my room, where they stop right outside my open door.

"Oh my god, Louis," Harry says, his voice relived but sounding a bit mad, making me stop laughing at the stop.

"Uh hi," I say shyly.

"We told you that we didn't want you walking around, why are you up here?" Marcel says upset, making my stomach sink.

I didn't mean to make them mad I just needed to move around a bit, I was all stiff.

"I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to worry-." I start but they cut me off.

"Well clearly you did or else you wouldn't have left, god Louis we asked one thing of you. Why are you like this?"

-

Edward's POV:

The very second the words leave my lips I regret it.

His eyes fill with tears and I have never felt worse about anything in my entire life.

"Louis I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that." I say quickly, reaching out for him but he just looks down.

"No I get it, it's fine. I don't like the way I am either." He says, trying to fight back the tears.

I hate myself, I hate myself with every fiber of my being. We are the ones who are supposed to protect him and love him and to know that I just made him cry and say those words is honestly something I will never ever forgive myself for.

"Sorry will you just give me a minute?" He says.

He gets up from his bed and walks over to us, closing the room softly, not slamming it in the slightest bit.

I hear his sobs break through his lips, making me feel 100 times worse, I can tell my brothers feel like shit as well. We all were dicks.

It was just with everything that had happened, waking up to see that he wasn't there sent our minds wild. And then we called for him and he hadn't responded, the worry we had was like no other.

We have never known how to handle stress, ever. That was one of the reasons we had gotten into so many fights in high school, the only way we knew how to deal with those feelings was by turning them into a rage.

But I never thought we would do that with Louis, and now that we have, the only thing I feel is guilt.

I go to open the door back up, wanting to wrap him in my arms and apologize a hundred times but the door is locked and he doesn't want us in there.

"Fuck me," I say, nearly pulling my hair out in rage with myself.

"God what is wrong with us, he didn't even fucking do anything. And we yelled at him," Marcel says.

I don't know why I would ever say what I say, especially because I didn't mean it. At all. I adore everything about Louis, hell there literally isn't a thing I don't love about him and I seriously just asked why he was the way he is.

I may be the worst person on this planet. He is never been anything but sweet to us and I just treated him like shit.

"Fuck Fuck, what do we do. I need to go in there." I say absurdly anxious thinking about what could happen when he's injured upset and alone in there.

I knock on the door, not being able to hold myself back.

"Louis baby please let us in, I am so sorry. I didn't mean that I promise." I say, my own eyes swelling with tears.

I can not remember the last time I cried, but it was long before this boy came along. I honestly thought I was emotionless before him.

"It's f-fine just leave me alone please," Lou responds, barely even able to get his sentence out.

"Damn it," Harry says under his breath, clearly upset.

But not at Louis, never at Louis.

"Okay darling, we are going to give you your space but just know how sorry we are," Marcel says, honesty and sorrow in his voice.

We turn away from the door but don't move, we just sit down right outside.

Yes, we are going to give him his space in there but we sure as hell aren't going anywhere. We need to know that he is okay, even though we can't really know from out here. But we don't even deserve to know, we don't deserve to know anything about him right now.

Not a word is uttered between my brothers and me, they are feeling guilty as well but they know that I am more pissed at myself than they could ever even try to be at me.

Eventually, it goes silent behind the door, I think he has fallen asleep.

All those tears could not have been good for his concussion.

"I think he's asleep," Harry says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I only nod, agreeing.

"We need to get in there," Marcel says somehow reading my mind.

"I know he doesn't want us in there but we need to check on him at least. I need to see he's okay." Harry says.

"I'm picking the lock," I say before getting up and quickly moving to my mom's bathroom where I grab one of those little metal things that people use for their hair.

I am able to get the door open incredibly fast with the motivation of knowing my Louis was on the other side and could need us.

When we get the door open we find Louis curled up fast asleep on the ground. Poor baby tired himself out with all the tears, the tears that I caused. God, that thought makes me nauseous.

"He's okay," Marcel says as we let out a sigh.

Harry doesn't seem to hesitate to pick the small boy up and move him into the bed, he is already injured, in no world would we let him sleep on the floor.

But then none of us leave the room, sure we said that we were just coming to check on him but now that we are here, we are not leaving.

-

He only stays asleep for an hour or so, and we don't move an inch. We just watch him the entire time, honestly not caring if it was creepy or not.

He rubs his eyes awake and lets out a small nearly baby-like yawn, god he is adorable.

His eyes open and immediately find us, he smiles at first but then it falters to a frown, probably remembering how we treated him.

"Oh hi," He says, putting a small polite smile on.

"Lou baby, we are so so sorry. We didn't mean to treat you like that, you didn't deserve any of that." Harry apologizes.

He just looks down at his lap and awkwardly plays with his bottom lip a bit, clearly feeling upset. Seeing him like this makes me feel worse and worse by the minute.

"It's okay, I'm sorry I'm not who you guys wanted me to be. I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore, or if you want to send me to a new home or something." He says, biting back emotion.

My mind spins wild at his words.

"No, Louis, baby." I say, my voice cracking.

I made him think those things. I made him think that we didn't want him anymore and were going to send him back into the system.

"We love every single thing about you and I honestly will never stop regretting what I said to you. I was just stressed and freaked out when I woke up and you weren't there, I thought something may have happened and I took it out on you. Which I never ever should have done and I didn't mean what I said in the slightest bit. I love everything about you and will never stop. I am so so sorry baby. I really am." I say, looking him in the eye with every word.

His eyes flutter the sadness away for a moment as he looks at me with slight hope.

"So you aren't going to put me back into foster care? And you still love me?" He asks, slightly hesitant.

"No sweetheart we aren't. And of course we still love you. And you will never ever be going back into the system." Marcel tells him.

We all feel a slight weight lifted off of our shoulders when we see Louis let out a breath that he seemed to be holding in for a long time.

He then opens up his arms, reaching out for us. We in the blink of an eye bolt off of the floor and wrap him in our arms, Marcel getting the best hold on him, lifting him out of the bed. And then having the small boy wrap his legs around his waist.

"We are sorry that we made you feel like that Little one," Harry says, wrapping his arms around the boy from the side.

"It's okay Haz, it's not your guys' fault. I shouldn't have overreacted." Lou says, his head deep in Marcel's neck.

"No don't say that, you didn't overreact, we made you upset and honestly we would understand if you are still mad with us. Just please don't lock us out, we need to know that you are okay." Marcel says, holding the boy truly like a baby.

Louis continues to just cuddle with the older man.

"I promise." Is all he says and that's all we need.

"But that just made me think about something." He continues, making us all go silent to hear what he says.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I say.

-

Louis's POV:

"W-what would happen if we did break up? Would you send me back into foster care then?" I ask, genuinely curious.

They say they would never get rid of me but if we break up, why would they ever want to keep me?

Marcel leans back slightly, causing me to move my head out from his neck and look him in the eyes. They then all move so they are no longer standing around and Marcel sits on the bed, me straddling his lap while the other two triplets sit on his sides.

"First of all darling, we aren't going to break up, that I am sure of. However because you seem to be worried at that crazy thought, if in some impossible world we were to break up, of course we wouldn't give you away baby. That's not what this is, we love you are plan to stick around and just because we are part of your foster family, that doesn't mean our relationship is anyway reliant on that or is our family reliant on our relationship. We will always love and care about you." Harry says, his voice serious as my eye have trailed over to him instead of my Marcy.

I feel a little bit lighter with his words, knowing that if something does happen then I won't have to go back into one of those homes.

"What if you guys get sick of me?" I ask, looking down and feeling shy.

"That is seriously impossible and we don't want to hear you say something like that again Louis," Edward says seriously.

"But you don't know that, what if you get to know me better and find out that you guys don't want me staying here anymore." I say, not wanting to argue but needing to say what I feel.

They all shake their heads as I speak.

"Louis stop it. We know you, whether you think so or not and there is not a single thing that we don't adore about you. We love you so so much and we aren't going anywhere and neither are you." Harry informs, making me feel slightly better.

I just nod slowly, letting their words sink in deep.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 9.2K 34
Louis is the new student, who just moved into a new town with his family. He is soon met with the famous Styles Triples, those who affect his life in...
15.9K 597 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...
5.2K 204 10
Sup gorgeous people of wattpad, just gotta put a lil disclaimer here for the new people reading. This was the first book I ever wrote plus I gave up...