Fanfic: That time I got reinc...

By GammaOmegaDelta

This is a story that will take place in the Tensura universe. A story revolving around a certain Demon that w... More

Fight? Screw That!
Ah, Sh**, Here We Go Again.
This Level Of Genjutsu Does Not Work On Him
I Will Protect This Smile
How To Summon A Demon
Author Talking Ignore If You Want
The Demon Who Showed Up Late
Heh
The Battle Of Two Big Brains
I Ran Out Of Titles
Task Failed Successfully
Intermission: Dom Would Be Proud
GG
The True VR Experience
Ultra Instinct?
A School For Wizards
A Master's Masterpiece
Money
It's Lonely Being So Strong
This World Is Unfair, Go Grovel And Die
Sorry, I Only Consider You As A Friend
You Know, I'm Something Of A Scientist Myself
I Need A Fix
It's Free Real Estate, Baby!
Intermission: Our Battle Will Be Legendary
Meeting The Idol
We Do A Little Trolling
Interlude: Is This An Evil Plan?
The Consequence Of My Own Actions
No U
This Fic Is On Haitus (But For, A Good Reason This Time)

Manas Ciel

1.5K 32 56
By GammaOmegaDelta

The only way to predict the future, is to create it.

In this case, what I wanted to do was improve some more.

What? You think ultra instinct is the end all be all?

Bitch please, men above the lessers never stop the grind.

In any case, I wanted to reach the perfect level of Technique. The pinnacle of fighting style. That no matter the odds, I will always be able to do everything perfectly.

Of course, I found a way to do it. And it wasn't taxing either on me either. Plus I think I've reached a bottleneck so I don't think I'll be improving so soon without any sort of enlightenment.

But that won't stop. Not now that I think I've tapped into a whole other order of potential.

After my brief linking with the Tempest library, I hold within my perfect memories a library full of knowledge of different subjects between modern and fantasy.

And I feel that with this, I should do my best to produce the best outcome or everything I've suffered would seemed a waste.

The first thing I wanted to do now was pick a weapon to fight with. Simulate the best training routine and reach the perfect state.

In my case it would be a sword. I've used swords and sabers for the majority of my demon life. Guns were also an option but bullets don't exactly got that oomph here compared to my previous life.

But then again, I don't have money to buy a weapon. I don't have a bank account to withdraw. And I can't pickpocket some pennies cause nobody here is strapped with cash. They mostly carry debit cards that I can't use.

I have demonic weapons that I could sell but the law states you can't sell without a permit. Especially handling trade of dangerous objects. The only reason why I could pawn my stuff from hell in that pawnshop was because they could handle it.

Sigh... Trouble in the first objective and now I feel like giving up.

Dammit, can't I just borrow those training weapons?
Except for the fact that they aren't designed to kill fur to their death-inhibiting charms, I should be able to use then the same way as I would always do.

As for my lightsaber, I don't think I wanna use it anymore since the beginning I got to this world it hasn't cut a single thing. I think I shouldn't rely on it.

Just as I was troubled on how I was gonna get myself some weapons, I suddenly felt the urge to hit myself for being so stupid.

I stopped walking and stood in the open, raising my hands out front, I flicked them, a second later, illusions became reality and two silvery long swords were each in my hands.

Using my skill: Illusory Reality, I created two swords from illusions.

The size, the weight, the feel, these swords were just perfect for me. But they were merely temporary as they didn't have the essence of a weapon and for the short run, just deadly enough to cut things normally.

I did some practice swings as both left and right swords blur in motion. The wind begins picking up as air pressure builds from my slashes alone. I was doing 100 slashes a second while in the perfect posture, footwork and technique. But something felt missing. As even if I did a million slashes at once, it wouldn't be enough to defeat anyone like Langley or Yuzuki for that matter.

I was just swinging two swords normally at a faster pace. No substance, no intent. Just pure swordplay.

What is missing anyway?
Should I mix in some magic?
Should I simulate another duel?
Should I augment my skills?

I felt like doing any of these wouldn't bring me any improvements at all as it would only be repetitive and redundant.

Actually, hang on a sec...

I then created a new barrier that covered a short radius with me in the center, closed of my senses from the outside and added magic sense and unique skill: computer to the barrier to scan my entire being from an outside perspective.

After going 3rd POV from 1st POV, I proceeded to do the most perfect swordplay the best as I can.

The updates of my unique skill: computer has allowed me to measure the dimensions in their relative time, speed and force with accounting to mass, temperature, density and luminosity with 3D numerical quantifiers. Giving me more accurate and precise data to go with. And right now, I was scanning myself for any flaws. And once I saw one, I immediately corrected it and found myself improving. My swings became better and faster. Once more flaws were revealed, I begin making flawless calculations to improve it. Then my sword play became fluid. I was unbounded by the need to leverage my swings as the momentum from my slashes builds up with every movement. My sword play was flowing into the perfect state.

I then began stabbing as I slash. Found some flaws, corrected it, and I found myself stabbing the air hundreds of times per second.

Slash, slash, stab.
Slash, slash, stab.
Slash, slash, stab.
Slash, slash, stab.

Each time my swords move they became faster and faster. The air pressure from my swords sets off cyclone winds that flutter the hems of my suit. Unconsciously, I was starting to see the path to perfection.

For now that path was like a candle lighting up the way, but it was enough to see what I should do.

Yes... Yes... Yes...

This is the full potential of my fighting style Technique... The Perfect-

Clang!

"...Eh?"

I suddenly came back to my sense as my hands felt empty due to my swords fading into illusions and a tip of a shinai rests on my throat.

"..."

"You finally listening now, idiot?"

"Huh...?"

I turned off the barrier that cut my perception of the world and return to a 1st POV.

Before my eyes was a glaring, red head Oni wearing a scarlet hakama with a shinai bamboo training sword in her hands. Her pretty face expressing a stern reprimanding countenance as if scolding a naughty child was facing my state of confusion.

"Hey!" she said. "What's the big idea here, mister?"

"Huh?" I dumbly replied.

"What the heck are you doing something dangerous as swinging your swords in the hallway?"

"Wha?"

"Can't you see you're unnecessarily bothering people here? You've scared them with your sudden sword swings in the middle of the hallway and caused a traffic. Don't you know that people have places to be? If you're gonna keep this up, I'll have you arrested for disturbing the public peace?"

"Public... Peace?" blankly, I look around my surroundings and saw the masses looking with slight terror in their eyes. All locking unto me. And the demons who were stalking me in the shadows began to approach. The gears in my brains began to turn as I realize with wide eyes what I had done.

"S, s, so..." I turn to face the populace and the red head oni and stuttered loudly,

"I'M SO VERY SORRY!"

"..."

The crowd was taken aback by how quick I am to appease with my head bowed to a 90°. And a moment of silence later, the people shrugged and moved on walking. Passing along as they want nothing to do with me anymore.

The red head oni gave an exasperated sigh and said. "Are you just gonna keep standing there in the way? If you're gonna apologize, do it without getting in the way."

"I'm sorry." I said in a fluster as I move to the side with my head lowered.

The red head oni thought the danger had calmed and so kept her shinai back. She then stood nearby without blocking the way and said.

"Alright, you can stop bowing now, mister."

I didn't raise my head immediately because I was trying to hide the embarrassment warping my face and collect myself from my panic state. Slowly, I raise my face and my gaze locks to the red head oni who crossed her arms with a frown.

"So," she asked. "Why the heck were you suddenly swinging your swords like a maniac? If you want to train, you can do it in the arena all you like without bothering anyone."

"I truly apologize for my behavior." I said sincerely with a now calmer tone. "But the reason why for my sudden actions was because an epiphany had prompted me to act and realize what I have discovered about the new potential of my fighting style, and because of my poor thinking, I did it right here without pondering how trouble those around me would be. And for that, again, I'm truly sorry."

"Hoh... I understand." she said nodding. "Yeah, epiphanies are quite rare and often don't get recognized from a passing thought. I can understand your need to act as to instill the realization into your memories. I too as well have rare cases of sudden inspirations about my swordplay so I know how much of a big deal it is. But still, you can't do it here, it's dangerous to swing your swords without supervision from a master and you could hurt someone."

"That is true..." I lower my head in shame being scolded by a child.

"So..." She then ask with slight awkwardness. "What kind of epiphany did you have?"

"Oh... Um, well..." I tried my best to articulate my discoveries and said "The Perfect State."

"Pardon?"

"The Perfect State." I said again and explained. "It's the new potential I discovered with my fighting style 'Technique'. It allows me to be in the total state of perfection in combat no matter the condition. Even if I'm not mentally ready nor awake, disoriented or physically weakened, I can still fight as if I'm in my peak condition and dish out a perfect performance naturally."

"That's cool." she said with her eyes glistening, "So kinda like battle spirit?"

"Pardon?" it was my turn to ask. And she explained.

"It's a skill of mine that allows me to battle at peak performance disregarding how physically weakened or damage I get. It subtly described with similarities to yours but you're not talking about a skill right?"

"That's right. Mine is a fighting style while yours is a skill. There could be some difference despite how similar their functions are."

"And I also saw your swordplay too." she then said. "It was absolutely mesmerizing how you could be so fluid with unstoppable momentum. I had too take my time calculating the perfect timing to parry away your sword swings. Even then, I wasn't so sure if I could stop you but I did anyway, you know?"

"Really...?" a bashful expression shows on my face, scratching my cheek and looking away.

"Yeah, it was super cool. You call it the Perfect State, right? It sounds fitting since I saw no flaws in it."

"But..." she then pauses.

"But?" I tilt my head. Wondering what was she gonna say.

"Well, not to disappoint you or anything but it seems there's something missing to it, you know?"

"Yes, I did notice that." I frown. "And I was about to discover it too but you stopped me midway."

"Well, I apologize that I wasted your chance to realize it but I really couldn't have you swinging your swords here in a trance like state. It's too dangerous so please understand."

The red head said with a huff and arms crossed, not backing down. To that, I only bowed again.

"Yes, I truly understand. And once again, I'm sorry. Also, thank you for stopping me before something dangerous happened."

"Not a problem." she then makes a small smile. "My name is Mojimaru, a Royal Guard . What's your name?"

My eyes narrowed to the title Royal Guard but kept my suspicions from revealing.

"I'm but a nameless demon and  yet to be honored with one. So please call me whatever you like."

"Oh, I see." the red head Oni, Mojimaru scans me up and down and asks, "I can give you a name if you'd like?"

It was such a sudden proposal that I was taken aback. One should know as common knowledge that it's not easy to name magical creatures especially demons like me because of the risk of having one's magicules suck out dry that you'd die in a heartbeat.

Everyone knows that, that's why you don't see demon from hell telling their names cause they don't have one.

Even I myself don't have one and even if I use my previous life's name, it wouldn't belong to me at all.

As I tilt my head pondering over Mojimaru's motives, she then said.

"You don't have to worry actually, I'm plenty strong with a lot of magicules in reserve so I can handle naming one guy or two."

Again, I was taken aback. Even if she was powerful, no one would dare try naming as the consequences were unpredictable. Lesser demon I may be but even I don't know what will happen if I receive a name.

Not taking the risk, I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline your good will miss Mojimaru."

"I see..." a bit downcast but she said cheerfully. "That's alright. Although not having a name is quite inconvenient, I'll give you a nickname then."

"That's fine." I said nodding as there was no risk to it.

"Alright, I'll give you a good one... Let's see..." humming to herself as she glances at me from head to toe.

"Alright, I got a good one!" flicking her fingers and pointing to me, she declared.

"I'll call you Sword Demon!"

"..."

"How is it? Pretty cool right?" she asked with a proud huffing of her chest.

"... Yeah I guess it's cool." I said hiding my disappointment.

Barrier demon, stealth demon, sword demon, can't really complain now how I'm cursed with such bland nicknames.

Earning a nod from my response Mojimaru then said. "Nice to meet you, sword demon." with a smile and her hand shaking mine.

"Nice to meet you as well, Miss Mojimaru." I replied cordially.

"Now that we've properly introduced, let's go to the arena."

"... Okay, what for?" I tilted my head at her in wonder.

"To help you out of course." she said without batting an eye.

"Help me out with what?"

"About your issue with the missing epiphany you got wasted."

"Oh that?" I shook my head. "No need. That's my problem I'll fix so there's no need to trouble yourself."

"But I insist." Her eyes sharpen with conviction in her voice. "What I mean to say is that I feel sorry to have disturbed you in your wake of enlightenment but I had my reasons to stop you. However, it would be inexcusable of me to just leave without cleaning the mess I've made. That's not how my parents raised me so I must help you in anyway I can."

"Is that so...?" I stare into her eyes shining with honesty and look away in shame for doubting her. "You're a good girl, Miss Mojimaru. Your parents must be proud to have a daughter like you."

"Eh? I-I-is that so?" a bashful look replaces her serious demeanor for a second before regaining her calm. "Of course, I am. Now let's go to the arena and continue where you left off. Who knows, maybe the epiphany will come back to you again. Seeing how lucky you are."

Lucky, huh? I pondered the meaning before turning to her and smiled. "I'll be in your care."

* * *

The same man-made cyclone winds blow in a new location. In the middle of this marbled floor arena, I swung two double-edged long swords with finesse, precision, and unstoppable momentum.

I was executing the most perfected swordplay for a fair 8 minutes straight without rest. And for a demon, I had no human limits. I was not constraint by muscle factor nor do I feel ache. Demons were generally built different. But in my case I am unique.

Still, I was disappointed that the epiphany never came back. Even when I replicated the exact same conditions, my mind continues to be blank from any discovery.

I tried doing things differently hoping to trigger that feeling. But even then, I still was lost in the dark. That candle light that lit up the path was snuffed the moment I lost sight of it.

I sigh and stopped my swordplay. I've reached the perfect level of swordplay and saw no more flaws in my posture, footwork and technique to correct. But in the end, something was truly missing.

What could you possibly need to be so perfect?

I pondered on with frustrated feelings.

"Hmm... Still nothing, huh?" Mojimaru watching me at the side felt a little dismayed.

"I apologize for my poor performance." I said bowing.

"Stop being so apologetic, I should be the... haah..." she stood up from crouching and came standing before me. And then, draws out her shinai and conducts a proper Chudan no kamae.

"Miss Mojimaru?" I tilt my head at her and then she said.

"Spar with me for a bit."

I blink my eyes in confusion to her intentions and then she said.

"I'm only going to be using two skills. My Battle Spirit and Predictive Calculation. Those were the two skills I only used when I stopped you before. So, I thought, if you learn how to beat me with only your perfect swordplay, then you should be able to feel an epiphany once again."

Now understanding her point, I shook my head saying. "While I appreciate the thought, but I think that's not how getting an epiphany works."

"You'll never know if you don't try." she said trying to cheer me up.

And I smiled too. Well it doesn't matter...

And pose with two swords.

"On you..."

"Alright..." while maintaining her stance, she steps forward little by little until I was in her range did our swords swung in motion.

With mine so perfect and flawless and hers stuck true with spirit and discipline, this one second in time will decide the winner.

Two swords VS a shinai. If no magic was at play, one would say that the two swords would win. But reality would prove you wrong as a second later, two swords flew from my hands and faded into illusions.

Mojimaru won.

"Good strike!" She comments with glee. "It took me more effort to actually beat you this time. Like, two folds the effort, you know?"

Was that a praise or an insult? I wonder the mystery of her words.

But by virtue of my efforts, I believe there is some truth to what she said. After all, I just performed the most perfect swordplay and should be a contender to battle the experience of veteran masters.

Then again, it didn't change something was missing.

"Any thoughts on what I did wrong?" I ask my sparring partner to which she replied with her arms crossed.

"Not really... On the contrary, you did it too perfectly. But I guess that's what's wrong with it."

"What do you mean?"

"Have you ever heard the saying, it's a flaw to be perfect? I think this seem to apply to you as this fighting style was so perfect that I know exactly how to beat it. Kinda like that."

"Interesting..." she was making a good point that I realize a certain undesirable aspect.

But then again, that's the whole point of perfection. You can only be so perfect. So that's something I can't change.

"How about another round?" Mojimaru suggested. "Maybe if I beat you a few more times, I'll understand what you're missing."

To that, I couldn't help but smile at her. I almost burst out laughing but I found her helpful than laughable. And although her suggestion had good intentions, I was still feeling conflicted.

In fact, I've been bottling it up until now ever since I came to this world. So out of respect for miss Mojimaru, I will tell her something.

"Let me just correct you on that idea, Miss Mojimaru." I said with a blank look and dead tone that discomforted her. A worried look reveals to stare sharply at me with her honest ruby eyes. I then said,

"I hate to lose. That's it. No matter what the reasons may be, for good or bad intentions, I still hate losing. Why, you might ask? Because I want to win. I want to win no matter the reason may be. I want to win no matter what. And despite how it is, that won't change the frustrations and fury I feel whenever I lose. But in the end, I can't change the outcome just cause I didn't feel it was right or fair. However, if I still have the liberty to exercise my right to free speech and express my thoughts, all I want to state right now is that I really hate to lose. I'm okay with winning or not. Preferably I would want to win. And winning is all I want. But not losing. Losing is what I hate the most. And I never want to lose ever again. Not now, not ever, never from you."

"..."

The long silence between us was all that's left to express ourselves. Staring with unblinking eyes that never left peering into each other's, I reveal the light of conflict in my mind for her to see.

Ever since I was summoned. I couldn't kill the guy who called me short, I didn't win the bet against Milady, I lost again and again in video games against Sera, Yuzuki utterly wrecked me and I had to be resurrected by her little sister. And then I lost to you, Miss Mojimaru. A red head oni who suddenly appeared and beat me in my perfect state.

How can I still go on bearing such a losing streak? Perhaps the shame was not all what I make it out to be, but from my perspective, it's still an embarrassment.

No, it was worse than just embarrassment. I felt dread. I felt fear. I felt regret.

I felt that no matter what I do I would always lose to stronger people, to irrational people, to better people than I.

Call it irrational paranoia or whatever. Nobody has the right to judge what I had to do crawl out of the bottom of that cesspool called hell to get where I am now.

Yes, I know I'm not the strongest. Yes, I know I'm not the main character. Yes, I know I'm acting like an ass. And there's no justification for my attitude. But still...

I don't want to lose...

"However..." I then said breaking the silence. "I can't turn down this wonderful opportunity to be assisted by someone as strong and beautiful as you. So, please forgive my sudden outburst and let me take on your offer, Miss Mojimaru."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...haah..." she heaves a heavy sigh and smirks to me, saying.

"I thought you were still mad at me but that's all you had to say? Kinda childish of you to still naively cling on the futility of pursuing empty victories."

"I'll take that as an insult."

"And also, sudden pick-up lines aren't fair, you know?"

"Oh, did I make your heart flutter there?"

"Worst, you pissed me off."

"You're smirking like your enjoying this though."

"Hah! Let me correct you on that idea, Sword Demon," imitating my dialogues, she states with a blank look and dead tone much like what I did.

"I hate losers like you. In fact, your whole idea of pursuing perfection makes me cringe non-stop. And you seem like the type to whine and cry all day about losing when in fact you got what you deserve. Like, who do you think you are? I could've ignored you back then and let you cause the chaos that would inevitably lead to your doom. And what do you think of me? Some good girl who can't ignore other people's plight and easy to take advantage of? Hah! I feel sorry for your Master that she was unlucky enough to contract a pathetic demon like you. Pretend to be polite and charming all you want, I've already exposed what an ugly, moronic bastard you are. The kind who doesn't change his ways and is too stubborn to think otherwise."

"..."

Her words froze me like frigid ice in contrast to her flaming red disposition. Her blank expression relays that she had enough of my shit. But I remain composed. Rolled my eyes at her. And let the silence fall as I wait for her to continue...

"But..." She said and paused. Her voice regaining that cheerful volume. And a small smile curls her lips. "If you're still interested on taking my help. I'll help you. In fact, if you somehow get that epiphany back, I'll even reward you."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Heh..." and I scoffed at her.

"Really now?" I rolled my eyes in amusement. And said with a snark.

"So it all comes down to this, huh? I knew you had no good intentions at all helping me out and I'm glad you're finally opening up to reveal what you want from me. But since you've intrigued me, tell me, what will be my reward?"

"Oh that, it's quite simple really." with a smug and puffing her chest in pride, she declared, "Your reward will be a date with none other than me. Nothing more, nothing else."

"I beg your pardon, but did you say, a million Tempest yen?"

"No you buffoon, I said a date with me. Don't suddenly warp my words here while I still have my patience."

"Well apologies really, I couldn't help but delude myself after that disappointing revelation." I smirk at the smirking red head Oni and a second later, we burst out laughing from fuck all.

I couldn't help myself really. I just wanted to be honest with her that I ended up exposing an ugly part of me. But I felt relieved she would do the same for herself and didn't quite mind this side of me.

An honest girl who only wants to help but is burdened by high expectations and seem to suffer the so called nice girl syndrome.

Mojimaru wasn't as innocent as Yuzuki who wanted friends earnestly. She wasn't a kind girl either. She was just honest. And had happen to have crossed me on that fateful day. Now she's stuck with me until I give up and she won't leave me until she feels like she's done enough to feel satisfied with her meddling.

And, for someone as jaded and warped as me, I don't mind liking girls like her.

"Making a deal with a demon now? You sure are a troublesome girl."

"And why are you complaining?You lose nothing and still get to date me."

"You know you'll regret this. I'll give you a chance to take back what you said."

"Hmph! Make me." she crossed her arms and huffed.

And I smile at her saying,

"Then, round 2?" I ready my swords.

And Mojimaru lifts up her shinai and stands in a stance. Her cheerful voice seem to boost both our morales on this stupid endeavor of reaching my perfection.

"C'mon."

Three weapons were swung that second. And two flew to the skies to fade like illusions.

"Is that all you got? Round 3, let's go!"

* * *

It was round 6 and that fateful day, and Mojimaru had a sudden inspiration as she defeated my perfect state once again with one swing.

We had a score of 0-6. And I was losing again and again. Each time my perfect state was utterly defeated by the blurring shinai in Mojimaru's hands. Swatting away the two swords the same way she always did.

Frustrating, yes. But there's nothing I can do about it.

"Ah! So that's what's missing!" she said suddenly stopping to stare at me and her finger points to my being. She declares to my surprise.

"I know what your missing now. You aren't giving it your all!"

"... Pardon?" I was truly puzzled now as I fail to even decipher what just came out of her lips.

"You don't get it?" she asked, I shook my head, then she calls me an idiot.

"I guess I'll have to explain it to you, huh?" she ponders a bit on how to articulate her recent discovery.

"Okay, so, before I explain, let me ask you this, what do you think perfection is?"

"Same answer as the last time. The level or point so lacking of flaws that it is nothing else other than perfection."

"That's true in some way, but you're thinking perfection is just another weapon to use, am I wrong?"

"No, you're correct."

"Then your thinking is what's wrong here."

"Explain why?"

"That's simple really," she declared with a smug and said. "Since you think so little of perfection like it's just another technique to you, you don't put every effort into being perfect."

"I'm not getting it."

"The point is, you need to be perfect instead of achieving it. You gotta become perfect. Don't pursue it as a goal or a means to carry the ends. Being perfect is what is all about. Be perfect not only in swordplay, but in everything!"

"... Okay, and how do I exactly become perfect then?"

That's like, impossible even for me, you know?

"Like I said, you gotta give it your all. Or in your case, your Everythingness." she poses with wide arms as if she just answered the meaning of life, the universe and our whole existence.

"Now you're just making up words." I quip back.

"And you're an idiot for not getting it."

I roll my eyes at her nonsensical statements and she never bothered to explain more. But I guess I'm grateful that she could relay her discovery to me. And so I propose.

"Look, no offense, you're really bad at explaining difficult things. So how about you show me how you can become perfect right now."

"Oh, that's a good idea for once from an idiot like you." she snarks but nonetheless readies her shinai.

"Watch closely as I blow your mind." and facing to the right, she closes her eyes to concentrate. Focusing on her herself, on her very being. Her senses were closed off from the world as it only perceives her in her lonesomeness.

And then, I saw her very being replaced with the ethereal glow of crimson that burns like flames in stormy winds. She alone was the fire that burns the world to ash and blows life to dust. Then, a power surges forth that seem to bend reality takes shape of a figure holding a shinai before me.

I doubted my senses when I saw her become so perfect. So easily, so masterfully, as if she's done it so many times it became an unconscious habit. But I know that what I was looking at was the peak throttling of her Skill: Battle Spirit. But instead of using it as any other skill, she became the skill.

Mojimaru became the Battle Spirit.

"... I see." I muttered in realization as the perfect flame swallows everything whole.

Mojimaru opened her eyes in an instant and with a "Hah!" she swung her shinai in a downward slash, doing nothing but display her perfection through her own means. And afterwards, returned to her original state as she shuts off her Battle Spirit.

"Get it now?" she turn to me with slight sweat trickling and asked with a sweet smile. And I merely nodded in a trance. Making her giggle at my foolery.

Regaining back my composure, I look at Mojimaru and did a slight bow. My gesture of respect and gratitude, although not enough, gave me all the reasons to give back to this wonderful girl what precious treasure she had given me.

Knowledge to become better.

"I as a proper man of society and honorable demon under Mistress Langley Vikville's allegiance, shall swear this day and my heart to repay this debt.

"Thank you so much, Miss Mojimaru. I'll never forget what you've done for me."

"Oh, don't thank me just yet..." she said suddenly and crossed her arms. "Now I wanna see you do it. C'mon, we've gone this far to realize what you're missing and I don't wanna leave without seeing you succeed or else I'll smack myself wasting my precious time on an idiot like you."

"I understand. Please watch closely."

Giving her an earnest nod, I pick up my two swords perfectly. I posture with footwork perfect. I then close my eyes in concentration perfectly. And after what seems like forever in a single second, I found my very being.

If Mojimaru's very being was a raging fire of wind, then mine was a speck of dust. A lone speck small as a physical particle... No, I believe it's much smaller than that. Like a subatomic particle where the laws of physics can't touch it. It just sits in empty space, not floating, not drifting, not existing for a purpose other than to represent my very being. My very existence...

.̸̩̙̎.̸̥̗̀.̵͇̑I̷̝͊͠s̶̭̳̚ ̶̹̻̌a̷͇̿́ ̴̗̐͝s̷̺̿p̸̟̅e̸̦̝͘c̶͎̑̓k̷̺͂ ̸̤̥͋ơ̵͍̭͂f̴͙̈́ ̷̗̠̚d̶̰̋u̵͎͔͝s̴͉͒ẗ̵͖ͅ ̶̡͒i̷͖̔͌n̵̮̊͘ ̴̩͋t̴͇͛ḧ̶͖̃i̸̟͓͆s̷̆̚ͅ ̵̨͇̽s̵̞̅ͅe̶̗̅n̸̹̭̂̎s̶̥̄e̷̖̬͐̔l̸̢͓̇e̵̛͕͚s̴͓̿͑ͅș̶̙̐̋ ̶̠̮̀͋w̴͇̆ȏ̴͇̪̋r̵̳̍l̴̥̬̂d̶̡̅.̵̰̬̎

... What a farce.

[Notice: Individual nameless lesser demon...

I open my eyes and behold wondrous sensation. A fleeting moment in time, were my being was questioned into existence. I felt the meaning of my life became an absolute uncertainty yet fully conscious of my state. A certain awareness of myself grows and my desires to become perfect was realized.

Has acquired the U̴͔͝n̸͍̊k̵̟̕n̵̯͌ỏ̵̯ẅ̶̠́n̴̦͌ Skill...

A shinai swings down vertically over my head. A raging fire of wind seeks to challenge my very being. But it swings as if to touch an inviolable area. For at this moment, I was untouchable uncertainty.

P̴͍͊ê̷͕ŕ̶̢̕f̵̭̀ë̷̝͂c̸͇̃̅ṫ̷̲ ̸̲̌S̷̫̞̋t̴̝̻̓ȁ̴͙t̵̡̮̔è̵̠̟̇...]

Until I desired the world's motion. I desire the change. I will to change the causality, the phenomenon, the outcome, the effect...
I commanded the realization of my perfection...
And as if for once, the universe heeded my wish...
That I can be whoever I want...
I can be perfect.

I am perfect.

The shinai flew from her hands the moment the world blinked a new reality.

The shinai lands perfectly into my empty hand, where I then rest its tip on Mojimaru's neck.

1-6 spars. I finally won.

[Warning: Revocation of the U̴͔͝n̸͍̊k̵̟̕n̵̯͌ỏ̵̯ẅ̶̠́n̴̦͌ Skill: P̴͍͊ê̷͕ŕ̶̢̕f̵̭̀ë̷̝͂c̸͇̃̅ṫ̷̲ ̸̲̌S̷̫̞̋t̴̝̻̓ȁ̴͙t̵̡̮̔è̵̠̟̇ has been authorized by the Voice of the World]

[Warning: Deletion of the U̴͔͝n̸͍̊k̵̟̕n̵̯͌ỏ̵̯ẅ̶̠́n̴̦͌ Skill: P̴͍͊ê̷͕ŕ̶̢̕f̵̭̀ë̷̝͂c̸͇̃̅ṫ̷̲ ̸̲̌S̷̫̞̋t̴̝̻̓ȁ̴͙t̵̡̮̔è̵̠̟̇ has been authorized by the Voice of the World]

[Error: Unable to delete the U̴͔͝n̸͍̊k̵̟̕n̵̯͌ỏ̵̯ẅ̶̠́n̴̦͌ Skill: P̴͍͊ê̷͕ŕ̶̢̕f̵̭̀ë̷̝͂c̸͇̃̅ṫ̷̲ ̸̲̌S̷̫̞̋t̴̝̻̓ȁ̴͙t̵̡̮̔è̵̠̟̇]

[Re-attempting... Fail]

[Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail... Fail...]

[Warning: Manas Ciel intervenes. Authority Verified.]

[Warning: U̴͔͝n̸͍̊k̵̟̕n̵̯͌ỏ̵̯ẅ̶̠́n̴̦͌ Skill: P̴͍͊ê̷͕ŕ̶̢̕f̵̭̀ë̷̝͂c̸͇̃̅ṫ̷̲ ̸̲̌S̷̫̞̋t̴̝̻̓ȁ̴͙t̵̡̮̔è̵̠̟̇ has devolved into Unique Skill: Perfect State]

And the wondrous sensation disappears but reality now had not disappointed. The shinai still in my hand, its tip rest on her neck. The phenomenon I've manipulated to perfectly win had not been tampered in anyway.

However, I fully realize now that the world will deny me my full potential. My Perfect State. Even if it was a skill that was part of my soul, it refuses to recognize it as my power.

And that frustrates me how easily I am depose of my right to power. However, I didn't not let that rage show on my face for I smile to my benefactor.

"I did it." I said not showing the discomfort I felt from the foreign force that invaded the territory of my soul and defiled me.

"Good job, Sword Demon! I knew you could do it." And the red head oni grinned.

I then gave back her shinai properly while thinking to myself in my desperate attempts to bottle this living, burning rage in my very being...

Who the fuck is this Manas Ciel?

* * *

Author here,
Thanks for reading this story so far, I guess. If I should now point this out if you're confused as all hell what this Unknown Skill, well let me explain.

Its not a skill. It's the full potential of the fighting style, Technique, which I doubly call Ultra Instinct. The reason why the Voice of the World calls it that is because it recognizes it as power of OC's soul but cannot categorized it with its set vocabulary. That's why it's called an Unknown Skill because it knows its not a skill but it wants to recognize it as such.

And what is the Unknown Skill: Perfect State you might wonder?
Well a bit hard to describe the function but in layman's terms. It let's you do anything perfectly.
Still don't get it?
Alright, then imagine a scenario where you're a quadriplegic cripple who can't move a muscle but you want to walk.
Well, Perfect State let's you perfectly walk your crippled ass as much as you desire.
Consequences? Paradoxes? Logic? All of them be damn before the Perfect State.

Is that too OP?
Nah, before Rimuru-sama and his entourage, it's still nothing to them. But nothing to scoff at either.

Now Ciel the top wiafu decided that it was getting annoying how the voice of the world was failing over and over to get rid of such a broken skill that it decided to just downgrade it so it would shut up.

However, that's a violation of the protagonist' rights. So he's pissed now that unknown beings meddling with his powers and getting away with it.

Anyway, that all for now. This has probably been the longest chapter I made in a while. It's rushed so perhaps there are some mistakes... Oh who am I kidding, I'm typing this on a cheap ass Motorola.

Anyways, love you. As always. Get high.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 17.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
957K 38K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
22.1K 577 16
So in this AU When Yuna was steeping in the bear gate a portal suddenly appeared which is connected to the void and a sudden force came this force is...
82.7K 2.2K 20
This story begins at the end of the war in the ttigraas WN and when Rimuru gets sent to the end of space/time and when he awakes and goes in time it...