Undefeated

By TheQuietHufflepuff

An attempt for peace goes awry and the heroes must band together to stop a murderous robot. Help comes from... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
2015
Preparations for Revenge
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
Next Book

09

20 0 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Pietro sped into the Sokovian police station and cried, "We're under attack! Clear the city, now!" No one took his words seriously, so Pietro returned with a rifle and started shooting the air. "Get off your asses."

Wanda used her mind powers on the people of Sokovia to get them to evacuate. Gabriela made it rain on people and Mariana used her Siren song to lure people to safety.

"All they want is to live the lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today," Steve said. "But today we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

---

Natasha, inside her cell, heard Bruce calling, "Natasha! Natasha!"

"Bruce?" Natasha said.

He walked over to her cell and asked, "You all right?"

"Yeah."

"The team's in the city, it's about to light up."

"I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere?"

"Yeah, I did." He held up an alien rifle and blasted the cell door open.

"So what's our play?"

"I'm here to get you to safety."

"Job's not finished."

"We could help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians. And you've done plenty. Our fight is over."

"So we just disappear?"

---

As the city was being evacuated, F.R.I.D.A.Y. said, "Your man's in the church, boss. I think he's waiting for you." Tony flew into the church.

"Come to confess your sins?" Ultron asked.

"I don't know, how much time you got?" Tony shot back.

"More than you."

"Uhhh. Have you been juicing? A little Vibranium cocktail? You're looking, I don't wanna say, puffy..."

"You're stalling to protect the people."

"Well, that is the mission. Did you forget?"

"I've moved beyond your mission. I'm free." The Vibranium code he'd placed beneath the floor erupted. "What, you think you're the only one stalling?"

"There's the rest of the Vibranium," F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed. "Function: still unclear."

"This is how you end, Tony. This is peace in my time."

Ultron's army of robots started attacking the city as everyone was evacuating.

---

"Go!" Steve, Dakota and Ben yelled.

"Get off the bridge!" Wanda and Mariana ordered. "Run!"

---

Vision found Ultron and called him out. "Ultron."

"My Vision," Ultron replied. "They really did take everything from me."

"You set the terms, you can change them."

"All right."

They fought and Vision began working to shut Ultron out of the Internet.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.!" Tony yelled. "The Vision?"

"Boss, it's working," F.R.I.D.A.Y. replied. "He's burning Ultron out of the net, he won't escape through there."

Ultron said to Vision as he threw him away, "You shut me out! You think I care? You take away my world, I take away yours." He activated the Vibranium core, and the earth around Sokovia began to crack.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.?" Tony called.

"Sokovia's going for a ride," F.R.I.D.A.Y. replied grimly.

As Sokovia was rising into the air, Ultron said, "Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

---

As the earth was shaking and falling in around them, Bruce said, "We gotta move."

"You're not going to turn green?" Natasha asked in a worried tone.

"I've got a compelling reason not to lose my cool."

"I adore you." She kissed Bruce, then pushed him off the edge. "But I need the other guy." Hulk jumped up in front of her. "Let's finish the job." With Natasha on his back yelling in fright, Hulk got into the city. "I really hope this makes us even. Now go be a hero." Hulk went off and Natasha rushed off into the opposite direction.

---

"The Vibranium core has got a magnetic field, that's what's keeping the rock together," F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed.

"If it drops?" Tony asked.

"Right now the impact would kill thousands. Once it gets high enough: Global extinction." Tony flew towards the city and a building started to collapse as the ground shook. "That building's not clear, the tenth floor." He flew in to find a family still in their apartment.

"Hi," Tony greeted. "Okay. Get in the tub." He flew the family in the tub out of the collapsing building.

"I got airborne, heading up to the bridge."

"Cap, Ben, you got incoming," Tony warned.

Steve, Dakota and Ben were knocked down and the men muttered in a pained tone, "Incoming already came."

Steve continued. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off."

Ben let out a sarcastic laugh. "That's gonna bite you in the ass."

"Shut up."

Dakota sighed. "Boys, stop. We have robots to defeat. And that's a sentence I never thought I'd say aloud."

---

Clint got Wanda and Gabriela out of the way and into a building as Ultron's robots overwhelmed them before saying, "Go, go, now!"

"How could I let this happen?" Wanda asked as she started breaking down.

Gabriela sniffled softly as she nodded.

"Hey, hey, you two okay?" Clint questioned.

"This is all our fault."

"Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares. Are you two up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know, 'cause the city is flying. Okay, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good, I'll send your brother and sister to come find you two, but if you two step out that door, you are Avengers." Wanda and Gabriela stared at him. "All right, good chat." He stood and got ready to leave. "Yeah, the city is flying." He left and started shooting at the robots.

---

Steve said to the woman Thor threw up at Steve, Dakota and Ben after her car fell off the edge of a collapsing bridge, "I got you! Just look at me." He helped her to safety.

"You can't save them all," Ultron said. "You'll never-" He threw the attacking robots off the edge of the bridge.

"You'll never what?" Steve asked. "You didn't finish!"

Dakota chuckled softly as she shot at another robot rubbing towards her.

Thor landed on the bridge on the top of another car Steve, Dakota and Ben were saving and Super Soldier asked, "What, were you napping?"

Ultron, as Thor, Ben, Dakota and Steve were fighting off the robots, said, "Thor! You're bothering me."

---

As Clint fought off the robots, Wanda and Gabriela came out of the building and started using their powers on the robots to destroy them.

"All right, we're all clear here," Clint said.

"We are not clear!" Steve yelled as he and Ben continued attacking robots. "We are very not clear!"

"All right, coming to you two."

Just then, Pietro sped in, picked up Wanda and left before saying, "Keep up old man!"

Mariana grabbed her sister's arm and before they left, she said, "Don't slow anyone down!"

Clint aimed an arrow at Pietro and Mariana. "Nobody would know. Nobody." He started jogging towards the action. ""The last time I saw them, when Ultron was sitting on them. Uh... yeah, they'll be missed, that quick little bastard and the human mermaid. I miss them already.""

As Wanda and Gabriela used their powers to destroy the robots, a soldier ordered, "Hold your fire!"

Steve, Dakota and Ben, as Natasha joined them in their battle with the robots, called, "Romanoff!"

"Thanks," Natasha said.

---

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip," F.R.I.D.A.Y. informed. "Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow."

"The spire's Vibranium," Tony said. "If I get Thor to hit it..."

"It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating."

"Maybe if we cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back."

"That could vaporize the city, and everyone on it."

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute," Steve warned. "What have you got, Stark?"

"Well, nothing great," Tony replied. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get closer."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"Cap, Ben, these people are going nowhere," Natasha said. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not 'til everyone's safe," Steve and Ben interrupted.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math here."

"Ben, Kota and I aren't leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Steve told her.

"I didn't say we should leave." Steve and Ben looked at her. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

Fury, over the comms, said, "Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." The Helicarrier showed up. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch," Steve said.

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Altitude is eighteen thousand and climbing," Hill informed.

"Lifeboats secure to deploy," Specialist Cameron Klein informed. "Disengage in three, two... take 'em out."

As they watched the lifeboats fly in towards them, Pietro and Mariana asked, "This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D.'s supposed to be," Steve replied.

Dakota nodded. "A lot better than HYDRA."

"Let's load 'em up," Steve and Ben instructed.

"Sir, we have multiple bogies converging on our starboard flank," Hill informed.

"Show 'em what we got," Fury said.

"You're up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 27 52
Connie and Bucky are doing their best to live a peaceful life. For awhile everything is fine. Then it all comes crashing down when they are blamed fo...
114K 6.5K 115
Sequel to Enemies to Lovers. If you haven't reader that already, I highly recommend reading that book first before starting this one. The story follo...
283K 4.5K 18
Y/N L/N has his life changed after meeting Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Takes place after The Avengers (2012) but none of the other Avengers films exis...
30.3K 897 32
Just stories of our beloved Wanda and Natasha I don't own any of these characters but this is my original work.