first stage, denial • thiam

By trulythiam

how everything should have went. Theo and Liam realise that they are in love with each other. More

one
three
four
five

two

1.2K 41 35
By trulythiam

"Anchors"

"Mason I need to speak with you" Liam stepped into the car and looked at his best friend that was sitted in the drivers seat. He might've just closed the door harder than necessary.

"Well hello to you too" Mason said closing his phone. He looked at Liam and saw that he was all panicked up and stressed. "Liam, what's the matter?" he asked.

"I think Theo's my anchor" he admitted and his heart started racing faster and faster. He was just now acknowledging that.

"Theo? As in Theo Theo?" Mason asked, all faking a puzzled look, but Liam couldn't ever figure that out it hit him in the face. He was a wrapped up mess.

"Yes, Mason. Theo" He admitted again and he let out a heavy sigh.

"Okay, what made you think that?" Mason asked and Liam darted his eyes right up at Mason. He took a deep breath before starting to rumble.

"Well, yesterday when we were at the zoo we came across Nolan and he was pointing at us with a crossbow and then I just lost my shit and jumped on that motherfucker and i was this close Mason, this close" he gestured showing Mason the tiniest space between his fingers. "To rip off that asshole's head and oop- There he was. Making me calm down. When I heard his voice, his heart beat, his breathing, it all went away. All the anger Mason, all of it."

"Is that such a bad thing?" Mason asked and Liam bit his lips, shaking his head.

"Not for me, I-" Liam said and sighed. He even chuckled slightly "I trust him Mason" he said and Mason was smiling at him. "But the others-" he wanted to speak but he was interrupted.

"It doesn't matter 'the others Liam'. You shouldn't care about the others" he said and Liam was looking at him, his eyes glowing "If he controls your anger, and takes care of you and cares about you and you care about him, they just have to suck it up and deal with it" Mason said.

"Do you think he cares about me?" Liam asked and Mason sighed desperately.

"If he didn't, do you think he would have gone with you through all this things? Just about yesterday. If he didn't care about you he wouldn't have gone with you somewhere it was highly risky" Mason said.

"I guess you're right"

"You might just see it for yourself" Mason said "I think you should tell him" he added.

"That he's my anchor?" Liam asked and Mason nodded "What if I loose him Mason?" he asked "I can't loose him..."

"You won't lose him" Mason reassured him. "I know you won't"

"I'll tell him then" Liam smiled but was still questioning.

"Maybe he's more than an anchor to you" Mason said tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"What do you mean?" he looked confused at his best friend.

"I mean, maybe he's something more" he said and Liam got the reference.

"Oh no, noo" he laughed at his best friend "Not possible"

"Oh see, right there" Mason pointed at him and tilted his head back "That's the first stage, denial" Liam rolled his eyes.

"Mason, that can't happen, me and Theo" he was shaking his head but it didn't felt right that he was denying that.

"Yeah sure, just wait, you'll know what I mean" Mason said and smirked at the other one.

They were now at the Clinic, after what they called a meeting to see how things are up to, what they should do. Most of them were heading to Scott's house, the others at their own houses. Liam was approaching Theo, hoping to catch some time with him.

"Hey Theo wanna hang out?" his words left his mouth without his approval. The chimera looked at him with rising eyebrows.

"Yeah where to?" Theo asked crossing his arms, looking at Liam who was gulping. If he was honest he didn't think Theo would agree.

"Uh- Wanna get some ice-cream?" Liam asked and smiled cringely. Theo chuckled underneath his breath.

"Sure" Theo walked out of the clinic and Liam followed.

"You know, I don't have a car so..." Liam cleared his voice "I would appreciate it so much if you can drive us there. I'll buy the ice-cream"

"So you're taking me out but I still have to drive?" Theo laughed softly and shook his head.

"Wait I'm taking you out?" Liam asked and Theo shrugged.

"Call it whatever you want. I know what I called it, in the end it is the same thing" Theo smired "Hop in, Liam" and with that he got into the truck. Liam smiled and followed.

They arrived at this small ice-cream shop right out of Beacon Hills. Liam saw this place yesterday when they were coming back. It wasn't really popular, it was evening and probably the shop was closing soon. They got lucky, it was just them and the girl that worked there, a girl that was so bad at hiding her werewolf scent, they knew they won't have to deal with people.

"You're such a freak" Theo said licking his ice-cream

"Just because I prefer vanilla to chocolate doesn't make me a freak" Liam said. He was walking next to Theo down the road while they both eat ice cream.

"No, you're a weirdo" Theo said and Liam elbowed him. They both laughed. They were now walking back to the truck.

"Liam I want to thank you" Theo said, leaning against his truck. Liam looked at him surprised.

"What for?" Liam asked and now they were looking into each other's eyes.

"Everything" Theo said and Liam softened in front of him.

"There's no need Theo, I trust you" he said and touched his hands.

"For that reason too." Theo said and smiled. "Thank you for trusting me" he touched Liam's hand back.

They got into the truck and drove back town. They sung to a varity of songs and Liam was very pleased to see Theo liked that. All opened up and happy. Theo pulled the truck to Liam's house.

"Thank you for the drive" Liam said and smiled to Theo.

"Thank you for the ice-cream"

"Where you're headed to?" Liam tried to lengthen the conversation, because he doesn't want to part ways with Theo. Not yet.

"Home" Theo mumbled.

"Yeah? Where do you live?" Liam asked smiling.

"Here" Theo said and lowered his gaze.

"Come again? Here?" He asked widening his eyes.

"Yeah, the truck"

"Theo! Why didn't you tell me you don't have a place to live?"

"Because of this" Theo said pointing at him, "Of how you would react. I don't want pity, Liam" he added.

"It's not pity, Theo" he said and crossed his arms. "Step down, you're coming in" he said.

"What about your parents?" he asked.

"Oh you don't have to worry about my parents. They are happy that I even have friends. And when someone is in need they would do anything to help"

"Am I your friend?" Theo asked.

"Yes you're my friend. Am i your friend?" he asked.

"You're my only friend" Theo admitted. Liam blushed lightly, but still.

"Come on Theo." Liam said. Theo had no choice but to accept the offer. So he stepped out of the car and followed Liam inside the house.

"It's only my mum, I don't think dad's back from the hospital yet" They got inside the house and his parents were in the living room.

"Liam" his mother smiled at them. "And?" she looked confused at Theo.

"Theo Raeken" he said giving Mrs and Mr Geyer a smile. "It's nice meeting you"

"He's one of my closest friends, and he needs a place for some time, is it okay if he stays here?" Liam asked them and they both smiled.

"Of course" they agreed and smiled at them. "Do you boys need anything to eat? Anything at all?" Liam's mother asked them and they shook their heads.

"No mum, thank you though" Liam said, giving her a kiss on her cheek "We'll be going upstairs now" he signed Theo to the stairs.

Theo followed Liam, but before stepping up the stairs he rushed back to Liam's parents.

"Thank you so much" Theo said and they both looked at him. "I can't even say how thankful I am for you letting me stay here" he said.

"Of course Theo, any friend of Liam is family to us" Mr Geyer said and Theo gave them the most sincere smile ever. Liam was watching in awe from the stairs. They both went up when Theo reached him.

"That's your room" Liam pointed at the door. "This is my room, if you need something, come up" Liam said smiling.

"Okay, thank you" Theo said.

They sat in silence in the hallway. Looking at each other. They were standing still not knowing what to do next. They were looking at each other without daring moving their eyes away. Their breathing was the most loud.

"I think I'm going to sleep" Theo said.

"You're my anchor" Liam panicked and once again, his mouth moved without consent.

"I'm sorry?" Theo asked and swallowed dryly.

"You're my anchor" now it was more consenual, he was actually acknowledging what he was saying. Liam heard Theo's heart beat going wild. But no response from Theo. He rushed in his newly room leaving Liam standing like a statue.

His world kinda fell apart. Not entirely but, it was still confusing, and it hurted. He didn't expect Theo to do that. He would've preferred if Theo laughed in his face, if he punched him if he did something. But the chimera didn't, and it left Liam hollow. He let himself sink into his bed. Staring at the ceiling.

Even if they were in different rooms, they were still listening to each other's heart beat. A wall. That's all that was standing between them. Theo was laying in his bed and was questioning what to do.

Liam phoned Mason because, after what happened, he needed to speak with him. He needed some advice, someone to listen.

"So how was it?" Mason asked as soon as he picked up.

"Are you alone?" Liam asked.

"With Corey"

"That's fine, i might need both of your advice"

"Oh honey, what happened?" Mason asked worryingly.

"I told him" Liam said and sighed "And he didn't say anything"

"How did you tell him? Where?" Mason questioned "We need more detail Liam"

"Well he came to my house"

"Your house?" Mason asked.

"Yeah, he was living in his truck Mason. I had to make him come in"

"That's so nice of you Liam" Corey said and made Liam smile. "But what happened?"

"I just told him"

"You just told him?" Mason asked.

"Yeah, out of nowhere" Liam said and mentally slapped himself. He was close to physically slap himself though.

"Liam maybe you scared him" Corey said.

"Do you think I scared him?" Liam half-yelled jointing straight up in his bed.

"I think you did" Corey added.

"Oh lord, I scared him"

"Took you a while" Mason said but Corey followed suit scolding him. "Look Liam, go and talk to him. Maybe he'll understand you better."

"Do you think I should? I don't know..." Liam was questioning.

"I think Mason's right, Liam" Corey said "Go and try talking to him, you know, communication is the key"

"That sounds like a very couple-y thing situation" Liam said and chuckled.

"Is he in the first stage?" he heard Corey said "Of he definitely is" he heard Mason.

"Guys" he whined at his friends.

"Sorry Liam" Corey said "Just go and talk to him, everything will be fine, we promise" Mason assured him. "And remember we love you no matter what"

"I love you too guys" Liam chuckled and hung up. He fell back into his bed. Covering his face with his arms thinking on what to do. He was jumping from a decision to another, and to another one.

Suddenly, he felt something. He felt like he needed to go and talk to Theo, like that something was calling him. It was something burning inside. It was calling him more and more. He got up and paced right outside.

He bumped into Theo in the middle of the hallway. They both looked at each other. Their breaths were in sync.

"I felt like I needed to come" Liam said.

"I felt it too"

"Look I'm sorry if I rushed telling you, it was all of a sudden and I don't know- It shouldn't have been like that" Liam explained.

"No Liam, I am sorry" Theo said "I shouldn't have reacted like that. I, i am not used to feelings, or having someone to care about me, or me to care about. It's everything so new, and I'm scared of ruining things and, I don't know Liam. I haven't had this in a while, it's very new, I shouldn't have reacted like that, I'm sorry"

"You care about me?" Liam asked.

"I do" Theo admitted "I know I have done many wrong and horrible things, but I am changing Liam, I really am" he said "I want to be a better person"

"I know that Theo, I know" Liam said "And I see it. I see that you're changing and I am very glad to see it."

"Thank you Liam" he said, his eyes were shining.

"Thank you, Theo"

Then it was shocking that Theo embraced Liam in a hug. It was tight, warm and new. Liam was stunned for a bare second, but responded to the hug. It was the first hug Theo had in years, even if he didn't want to admit it and wanted to keep a cold, ruthless look on him, he needed a hug, he needed to have feelings again, he needed something he could rely on, someone other than himself.

"You're my anchor too" Theo whispered in his ear. Liam's heat rose in his chest and gave all in, letting himself sink deeper in Theo's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4K 106
"Theo I think im falling for you" Where Theo and Liam are best friends and in a Scott's mccalls pack What happens when the pack start realising sexu...
3.5M 72.2K 113
17.9K 587 13
❥ 𝒂𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕, 𝒊 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚 teen wolf, s4-? liam dunbar x fem!oc ©dunbarwp 20...
101K 2.9K 47
(𝘯.) 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯, 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 �...