[2] Darkest Hour • The Origin...

By kolmikaelson-

Matthias Mikaelson is the original tribrid, feared alongside his twin brother Klaus Mikaelson, the original h... More

CAST
prelude.
act one.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
note.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
act two.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
epilogue.
weddings!

xxxii.

2.3K 50 2
By kolmikaelson-

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter thirty-two.

Matthias smiled at the sight of his big brother. "Finn."

"Matthias." Finn sighed in relief as he approached his brother and gave him a hug. "I am so sorry."

Matthias shook his head. "You did nothing wrong, it was all mother."

Matthias has projected his subconscious into the crystal that Freya had trapped him in. Matthias wanted to talk to his older brother and let him know that Kol did indeed live.

"I want you to know that I found the loophole." Matthias told Finn. "I save Kol."

Finn couldn't deny the relief that he felt, yes Kol got on his nerves sometimes but both he and Matthias never left him out or excluded him. He adored Kol as much as he did Matthias, and he hated what he did to Kol, but he was so relieved to hear that Matthias found the loophole. He had cursed Kol to the body he was in, never to jump again, but that didn't mean the body couldn't be changed.

"So, he's a vampire now?" Finn asked Matthias.

"No." Matthias shook his head with a small smile. "We killed him, thus releasing the hex that was on him with a spell from Rhea's coven and he was brought back to life because we linked him to Nadia to do so."

"So, he's still a witch?" Finn asked and Matthias nodded his head. "He must be happy." Finn smiled fondly at the thought. "Just like you, he's loved being able to do magic."

"Magic was always apart of our lives, it was robbed from us, and Kol deserves to once more feel what its like to do magic." Matthias told him and Finn nodded in agreement. "I will get you out of this crystal and hopefully into your original body but first I must take care of Dahlia."

"Freya says she knows the means to kill her, but I fear something will go wrong." Finn confessed to Matthias.

"I fear so as well." Matthias agreed. "Fear not brother, I will make sure all goes according to plan."

Finn hummed and gave Matthias one last smile. "Give em hell brother."

"Always do." Matthias smiled before suddenly it all went dark, and he was no longer in the crystal.

Matthias groaned softly as he sat upright, his place on the floor having grown to be uncomfortable. He looked over to see Rhea looking at him worriedly, but he flashed her a small smile to relieve her worrying.

"I'm okay, Finn's okay, and we're going to be okay." Matthias told her and she hummed. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I'm pregnant and bloated all the time." Rhea told him with a pout. "You know, if you decide to get me pregnant again, please know that I will personally throw a fit."

Matthias didn't know why his face heated up at the thought of Rhea being pregnant again, the simple fact that she had said it was enough for his heart to do summersaults in his chest.

"I'll keep that in mind love." Matthias laughed and Rhea smiled at him. "I'll be back later to check on you guys, Klaus said he wants me there when Freya explains herself."

Rhea nodded her head. "I'll keep Finn with me since I know you don't want Freya near him until you trust her." Matthias smiled and handed her the necklace. "I'll keep him safe."

"Keep yourself safe as well." Matthias told her and she nodded her head. "I'll see you later." She hummed as he placed a kiss on her lips before leaving the apartment.

Rhea watched him go and rubbed her growing stomach, she was worried about him and wouldn't dare show it in fear that it would make him stay with her. She wanted him to be with his siblings in case anything happened, she knew how much he hated being away when everything happened with Hayley arriving and Hope's near death. She just didn't want him to have any regrets.

"You know that Matthias will be okay right?" Katherine called out to her, and Rhea turned towards the vampire exiting her room. "He's reckless but he's going to come back to you."

"I know." Rhea told her. "I just wish that there wasn't so many risks involved."

"He's a Mikaelson." Katherine shrugged. "They all come with risks."

"Yes, I suppose they do." Rhea sighed softly. "Come, we've got to go and meet with Davina."

Katherine nodded her head and the two were off doing their own tasks.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias walked into the compound and Klaus' entire demeanor changed, something Elijah noticed immediately when Matthias walked into the room.

"You two have made up." Elijah pointed out with a small smile.

Klaus smiled at his twin brother and Matthias returned the smile. "I was simply reminded to pull my head from my ass. You'd do well to do the same Elijah." Klaus joked and Matthias snickered at the sour look on Elijah's face.

"What's the occasion?" Matthias asked Klaus as he sat at the table. "Aside from meeting with Freya."

"You've invited Freya?" Elijah asked Klaus with a frown. "I thought that you didn't trust her."

"We don't." Klaus told Elijah. "Worry not though, I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving us to deal with family business as we see fit." Klaus stated motioning towards himself and Matthias.

Matthias couldn't deny that he had missed his brother, he had missed the scheming that they did all the time together, so this felt nice. Nostalgic.

"Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn." Elijah told him and the two could see that he was suspicious. "We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here, don't."

"You don't need Freya." Klaus told him simply. "You could easily ask Matthias for help but since the two of you refuse to apologize, you have to ask someone outside of out family." Elijah opened his mouth but shut it when he noticed Matthias hum in agreement. "Plus, all I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out."

"And you yourself said that would be idiocy." Elijah reminded him. "You both stormed away at the mere mention of father."

"And we have every right to!" Matthias snarled at him. "After what Mikael did to us, how he treated us because we weren't perfect, doesn't mean we have to agree to work with him because she has a sick fantasy of us all being together."

"Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect our children, I'd prefer she share it on my terms." Klaus told Elijah before he pointed to his ear. "Ah! I think I hear her now." Looking at the doorway, Matthias felt nothing when Freya appeared with a smile on her face. "Sister! Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable."

Hope.

There was a look in Freya's eyes was one that Matthias was familiar with all too well. It was full of hope and longing, something no one has ever held towards their siblings unless they needed something. Matthias knew that Freya was going to learn the hard way just how ruthless Klaus could be when he didn't trust someone and since Matthias didn't trust her either, he didn't care what Klaus did to the witch.

Freya was holding a witch hoop in her hand, why Klaus had it out and about made no sense to Matthias, but he would let Klaus run the show.

"This witch-hoop. It's Danish. Is this from when you lived all in Copenhagen in the 1500s?" She asked while glancing at her brothers.

"Quite the eye!" Klaus pretended to be impressed as he stood in front of her.

Elijah and Matthias shared a look, they were both impatient for different reasons. "Forgive me. Are we here to discuss family heirlooms, or do we have more pressing concerns?"

"Please excuse my brother's lack of decorum, he's been in a foul mood of late. But he is right. I did ask you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets. So, without further ado, let's get to it!" Klaus said before sitting down at the head of the table.

Matthias sat to his right with Elijah beside him and Freya across from them. Elijah had yet to be seated and Matthias could tell that he was becoming antsy with whatever was happening with Rebekah.

Freya cleared her throat as she sat down. "The first thing you should know is that Dahlia is the most powerful witch I've ever seen. She craves more power still. Right now, she is like me, limited to one year of life in a century. But she wants to be free of that restriction. To gain true immortality. And that is why she will come here, drawn by your daughter," She looked to Matthias, "Your unborn child in order to take the children's power for herself. And she would kill anyone who would defy her."

"And yet you would defy her?" Elijah asked while finally sitting down.

"I don't have a choice." Freya told him. "She will never let me be free. My one chance is to align with you and kill her."

Matthias could tell that Elijah was sympathizing with her, that he genuinely felt bad for the circumstances in which Freya had to face in order to get to this point to where she's asking them for help in freeing herself from Dahlia.

However, Matthias and Klaus weren't all the convinced. "Well, now that we're all suitably motivated, let's talk specifics." Klaus spoke up while leaning back in his seat.

"For you to understand," Freya took a deep breath. "I need to start from the beginning. After taking me from my family, Dahlia used me to forge a new brand of connective magic, one that augmented my power even as it allowed her to draw from me. Once we were bonded, Dahlia became unstoppable. She wasted no time proving her might. The chief of a nearby village threatened to run us off, accusing Dahlia of witchcraft. She decided to make an example out of the entire encampment... Men, women, children. She killed them all with a wave of her hand. That was my first inkling of the power Dahlia had. Over the course of a thousand years, she's only grown stronger." She looked at Klaus and Matthias. "And she will bring all her power to bear against you when she comes for your children."

Matthias can feel Klaus' nerves spiking from Freya's story when suddenly Elijah phone rings and he excuses himself to answer it when he sees that it's Rebekah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 17.7K 55
Before Klaus daggers Elijah, he had given Hayley a small track phone and told her that if he were to ever disappear to call this number. Now that he...
2M 58.9K 42
divine violence 𓍢ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍢ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season two - four 𓍢ִ໋ april, 2021
8K 234 11
-𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝘖𝘙 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢�...