Not Yet

By Goodys2

"Underground hero Eraserhead, a basement of the League of Villains has been located, your presence is require... More

eugolorP : Prologue
noissiM : I
nerdlihC melborP : II
!garD a tahW : III
nerdlihC melborP eroM : IV
oreH a eB oT : V
snialliV : VI
deucseR : VII
?smaerD : VIII
shtamretfA : IX
pihsdneirF : X
sseneugaV : XI
niarB ruoY nI : XII
em dna uoy, reh dna miH : XIII
reveroF dna won ,nehT : XIV
sterceS : XV
yad a tahW : XVII
uoy fo trap A : XVIII
lacihtE : XIX
niaP : XX
oreH siH : XXI
shturT : XXII
tnemitneS : XXIII
r i a p s e D : XXIV
H o p e : XXV
XXVI: L i m i t s
XXVII: Recovery
XXVIII: Curing the Incurable
XXIX: Tracking
XXX: New Beginnings
XXXI: Suspicion
XXXII: Confrontation
XXXIII: Mothers
XXXIV: The Traitor
XXXV: Revelation
XXXVI: Memories
XXXVII: To Remember, to Forget
XXXVIII: Encounters
XXXIX: The Outside
XL: Restoration
XLI: The Calm Before the Storm
XLII: Sinister
XLIII: Flagging Ember
XLIV: Finding you
XLV: Painful and Whole

lanretE : XVI

1.1K 57 5
By Goodys2

He could feel it in every fiber in his body, his whole being screaming in agony. His lips were moving, but no sounds were coming out of him. His hoarse vocal cords were heavily damaged that he couldn't even scream any longer.

The room smelt of burning body tissues that would make anyone nauseous. The flaming sensation in his inner organs made it clear he hade internal damage as well.

His spasming muscles were the least of his worries, as his heart started to feel very heavy and dysfunctional. Every breath was wreaking his burning lungs.

The shock suddenly stopped, and he found himself relaxing in relief as he was finally able to inhale, he thought they were never letting him do so this time.

"The cells were able to withstand!" The white coated figure exclaimed happily.

"How much?" The ashy haird man sitting in the corner asked curiously.

"8 000 mA!" the researcher said in disbelief.

"What's the normal range?" The sitting man asked in impatience, bouncing his leg up and down, not understanding the meaning behind these numbers.

"Usually it's life-threatening at 2 000 mA"

"So it's 4 folds huh?" He could his math, surprisingly. "Not enough!" The man-child began whining childishly.

"S-sir, it's tremendous enough to get the cells to be immune t-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion" he glared with murder intentions at the coated man.

"S-sir. My apologies" he castad down his gaze to the ground in defeat, having no other options than to comply.

"Do a 16 000 next!" The man's unsettling grin grew wider.

"T-that-! I strongly advise against it. That would be very risky and the chances of success are very slim, we should no-" he couldn't finish his objection before he felt four cold fingers wrapping his neck.

"One more word and I guess we will be having a new team leader" Shigaraki narrowed his eyes dangerously behind the hand attached to his face.

"S- sir!" The choking man closed his eyes as he fell to the ground coughing.

The man-child walked over to the restrained boy, watching as he helplessly wheezed, attempting to breath through fried lungs.

He clutched a handful of the forest green hair and yanked his head up.

"Oh what a good boy, not even screaming anymore. Should have been obedient from the beginning, no?" He grinned maniacally, but his cocky manner disappeared when he realized the boy was not laying any attention on him. His glazed eyes, that turned blind due to the electric chock, staring into space mindlessly.

Tomura's grin turned into a frown and he smashed the boy's head into the wall behind the stripping chair. Blood trickled down the boy's hair, but the man was still not getting a response.

He could feel rage bubble inside him, but his smile was back as he got the perfect idea.

"Should we get the little brat?" He whispered sinisterly in the boy's ear.

The unseeing eyes widened and began searching around desperately. He couldn't see, but he knew that he had to look at the right direction if he wanted to save her.

His voice was not there either, but he had to answer! Or else they will target her too!

"N...n...n....o" he managed to get out a very weak and barley audible whisper.

Shigaraki felt satisfied now that he saw the dread and fear in the emerald eyes, but he was not feeling so generous today.

"Then let's do a 18 000 mA and if you don't withstand that, then she will be next on this chair!"

****

Aizawa and Mirio were still sitting together with little Eri in the ICU. She has been brave enough to tell them everything she knew, but it really appeared to be not much.

While her description of her early life was vague, she described in details how she was held captive by a yakuza group, after her grandfather fell ill.

She told them how she was scared and alone, how her arms were getting dissolved and reset together again. But that didn't last long before her brother found her and took her in.

For the next three years, she was held in a white room in an unknown place, while her brother kept her company at times.

"But it was my fault, that nii-chan was getting hurt" Eri said with such sorrow and gripped the sheets.

"No, Eri, it was the villains' doing. It's their fault, not yours" Mirio said, leaning closer to Eri on the bed and stroking her hair comfortably.

"But! I knew that nii-chan would not be doing that if not for protecting me!" She sniffled and covered her eyes with her sleeve.

"Eri what exactly did the villains do?" Aizawa decided to butt in, and that was probably a bad choice considering how Eri stiffened.

"I don't- no, I- I know but- I can't-" she couldn't form a proper sentence as she clutched her head tightly.

"Hey, it's okay you don't have to tell us now" Mirio reassurrd calmly, wishing his Sensei could drop the matter for the time being.

"But-!" They don't understand! That was not the problem! Eri felt her head getting foggy and she couldn't think clearly. She knows that she should know this information. Why can't she remember?!

But before little Eri could think any further, the drowsy hero's voice erupted very suddenly.

"Get away from the boy!"

Mirio felt his reflexes take control of his body before his brain could comprehend the situation. He grabbed Eri-chan and flew towards the other end of the room in a matter of seconds. While Eraser jumped to the bed to put his hands on the boy's shoulders.

A few seconds passed and the room was dead silent, nothing happened, and no one moved a muscle, even Eri-chan was terrified, freezing in place.

"Sensei?" Mirio asked slowly, now that his spiked up adrenaline levels went slowly back to normal.

"Strange. I was sure he was going to have a seizure again" Aizawa let out a sigh and plopped down heavily on his chair.

Mirio and Eri crept gradually closer, still not sure what just happened.

Did he imagine it? But he saw clearly tha- it's happening again!

He was so sure now, the boy's hand was trembling! Should he call for a doctor? What could that mean?!

"Sir! You need to see thi-!!" a woman in a lab coat came flying in before Aizawa could do anything.

All three stared at the shouting woman as if she was an alien, and she stared back, before she realized her mistake.

"Sorry! I thought visiting hours were over! And since the lights were on I thought- anyway! You are the guardian right? This is a matter of utter importance! You should se- no wait! We need to find Matsuda-sensei, right now! Please follow me!" The chaotic woman blabbered and left as suddenly as she came. And poor Aizawa had no idea what to do, but she told him to follow her so guess he had no choice.

The tired hero stood up, glancing back at the boy for the last time. The trembling had stopped, but it was better safe than sorry, so he told the hero-in-training to take Eri and stay away for the time being.

******

"Okay so I thought it was a cancer cell or a sample infected with HeLa cells*, but it wasn't! I just left it in an acid solution with an pH lower than 3 and nothing happened to it! I also tried to e-"

"Woah, stop, stop, slow down" Aizawa asked, trying to minimize the headache this conversation was destined to cause.

"First of all, mind explaining why you were experimenting with my patient's cells?" Doctor Matsuda took the lead, leaning in his chair as he sat behind his desk while studying the files before him closely.

"Um, because there was a test scheduled by the doctor in charge, who should be you? Anyhow, that's the least of our concerns right now! If you could read the report I wrote about this, you should be able to understand how revolutionary this might be! This could save millions of lives if studied further! I would recommend t-" the rambling researcher came to a halt when Dr. Matsuda raised his hand, implying she should stop talking, which the confused hero totally agreed with.

The young doctor took his time trying to comprehend what he was truly reading.

"Well, I'm positive I didn't schedule any new tests for this patient because we are waiting for a response from other hospitals. But this..." He trailed off, reading the papers a few more times to make sure he was getting this right.

"This is truly something I've never heard of..." He said in total awe.

Aizawa just sat there not getting shit.

"Can you please explain what the hell is going on?!" He said impatiently. Having the feeling that this was a conversation of great importance that he should also be taking part of.

"The cellular tissues and the membranes are highly toler-" the excited analyst started rambling all over again.

"In English, please!" Aizawa's patience was running dangerously low at that point.

"Mr. Aizawa" Doctor Matsuda said firmly with an awfully serious expression on his face. This was something he personally had to say.

"These cells are immortal"

A/N:
* HeLa cells are cancer cells taken from a black woman's cervix, who lived in the 1900s in USA, named Henrietta Lacks. These cells became very popular in the research field and have led to uncountable great discoveries through the time. Those cells are still getting planted as cell cultures and used in various medical fields even untill today.

For more you can easily search about this, read a book named "The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks" or watch a movie with the same title. It's totally revolutionary and worth learning about if you are a science nerd like I am!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
112 9 12
Izuku finds himself in the hospital after a gnarly fight with a villain. However, he notices that things are different. The place looks abandoned and...
217K 8.8K 33
They had caught him, thinking that mere handcuffs could contain his quirk. They kept him under constant supervision, knowing that he could escape an...
1.8K 170 27
Part II: Keenan Aizawa told Silver to leave so she did. Time passes and Aizawa feels like his life is getting back to normal: patrol some of the less...