Liberosis - The Hunger Games

Oleh slytherinchasers

πš•πš’πš‹πšŽπš›πš˜πšœπš’πšœ -πš—πš˜πšžπš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšœπš’πš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšŒπšŠπš›πšŽ πš•πšŽπšœπšœ "Caring too much for my allies... Lebih Banyak

Epigraph
Part One Cast
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
Part Two Cast
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Part 3 Cast
24
25
26
27
28
Part 4 Cast
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
Part 5 cast
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
THIS IS NOT THE END
48
49
50
51
Epilogue- (For now)

30

4.7K 87 8
Oleh slytherinchasers

The train rattled along the train as the sky grew to a pinkish colour, I had directed Annie to her room soon after we entered the train carriage. She had asked me to stay with her until she fell asleep, I obliged, guarding the girl as she cried. Her eyes had only shut a few minutes before I stumbled through the train, I found Finnick in his carriage, filing through a stack of letters.

"How many?" I asked him, sitting to the right of him on his bed.

Finnick looked out the window, to the painting, anywhere but me. "14, not as many as last year, but still enough to make me feel guilty," He responded, the tone in his voice made it sound as if he had a lump in his throat.

I had been uncomfortable with the arrangement when Finnick officially asked me to be his girlfriend, but I would never direct the disdain at the man sitting beside me. It was never his fault, all our hurt seemed to direct back to one man. Finnick had told me things about him, enough to relieve him of his throne, but we had to wait, for the right opportunity whenever that may arrive.

"I love you," I told the man beside me sincerely, Finnick said nothing, instead he nodded his head and kissed my temple before taking my hand and leading me through the train carriages. We reached the dining compartment where Pluto was picking at a plate of food, his eyes flicked up at us before flicking back down to his plate uncomfortably.

"Let's see the first impressions, shall we?" Sylvia exclaimed, flicking on the television, the three of us gathered around to watch. Coming in number one was the boy from 2, Horace I think his name was, he was a strong kid, the same age as Pluto but so much bulkier than the rather lanky boy sitting on the couch. Pluto had enough muscle from his training, but it was clear he was a naturally skinny kid.

"And coming in equal second, we have the two from District 4, the enchantingly beautiful Annie Cresta and Pluto Portello, mentored by the even more enchantingly beautiful Aurora Hartley and Finnick Odair. My, my, what do they put in that District 4 water, am I right ladies and gentlemen!" The crowd could be heard cheering at Caesar's words.

"Second in first impressions!" Sylvia cheered excitedly; a smile fell onto my face as Finnick rubbed Pluto's shoulders encouragingly. A small smirk decorated the tribute's face as he looked up at his mentor.

"We can work with that," Finnick acknowledged as Sylvia invited us around the table for dinner. For the remainder of the meal, I was silent, Pluto and Finnick talked strategy together, Sylvia interrupted occasionally. I could not bring myself to look at Pluto, it was as if he were some combination of Clovis, Thorn and Sage, I had killed two of the three, I had been responsible for the death of the other. Pluto wanted little to do with me as well, which worked in my favour.

About ten minutes in a roll of the down and a shuffle came from behind me, my head snapped around to find a rather bedraggled looking Annie. "Hey Annie," Finnick smiled at the girl.

"Hello Finnick, hello Aurora," She greeted us with a nervous squeak.

"Hey, An, did you rest ok?" I stood up directing her over to the table. I glared at Pluto, and he begrudgingly pulled a chair out for the girl.

"The beds are squishy," She complained with a giggled, I smiled at her statement as she filled up a plate of food. We allowed the girl to dig into her meal as we continued conversing, I noticed Pluto's eyes flicking in her direction several times, I wasn't sure if he was studying her or making sure she was ok.

"Annie, did you see, you and Pluto got marked second for first impressions!" Sylvia smiled at the girl.

Annie swallowed another mouthful nodding her head, her eyes snapped to Pluto with a short smile, "That's lucky for you- maybe you'll get out of there faster," Annie told him casually, taking another bite of her food.

Pluto's eyes scanned the girl, properly this time, "You don't think you'll win,"

"How could I," Annie remarked in a dazed voice, picking up the chalice of water in front of her, "The odd ones barely make it past the interview,"

I knew the interview was something Annie would struggle with; she was a shy girl at the best of times, and I could not bear for anyone to see her at her worst. She had panic episodes when she was younger, I knew they were a lot less common now, but she still had them occasionally. I wouldn't be allowed to stand on the stage with her for the interview, for the first time she would be entirely alone.

Pluto pursed his lips at her comment, Annie stood up and floated away, almost in a daze, "Well the first stage of rehabilitation is acceptance," He remarked at her comment, Annie's giggle rang down the halls. I glared at the boy, place my knife and fork down on my half-eaten plate.

"I'll be back in a second, save me some dessert," I pointed specifically at Finnick, who blinked at me innocently. I smiled, kissing him on the cheek before following the girl into her compartment. "Annie, are you ok?" I asked the girl who sat on her bed blankly, staring out the window, I noticed her nails pressed into her palms and I sat beside her comfortingly.

"I'm ok," Annie responded quietly, I noticed her tapping her foot as if to the rhythm of a tune only she could hear.

"How about I run you a bath?" I offered her.

She nodded her head before standing at the exit way of the carriage, "Ok, but I can't listen," She explains cryptically, covering her ears, "I don't want to hear the screaming," She told me. I understood what she meant; Addison couldn't bathe for weeks after the drowning of Clementine Ford. She would have to clap her hands over her ears when the tap came on, sometimes we'd struggle to get her to drink.

"Why don't you go find Finnick, he'll protect you from the screaming while I get this ready for you," I told her.

She nodded her head with a smile, "I like Finnick- he kept us safe," She said insightfully, "I don't believe he loves those Capitol girls," She added, "Not when he has you," She disappeared soon after that and I began to fill up the bath with warm water, fogging up the train's windows and filling the room with humid air. I fetched Annie after the bath was filled, Finnick sat with her in the dining carriage, both laughing and sipping on warm mugs of hot chocolate. Annie smiled at the boy, passing by me in the train carriage. I left her alone to bathe, offering my assistance wherever she needed it.

Finnick was waiting for me in my room as I entered tiredly, taking out the minimal pins in my hair and letting it fall freely around my face. I turned around as Finnick unzipped the back of my dress, letting the fabric pool around my ankles. Neither of us cared about the minimal clothing either of us was wearing. Instead, the pair of us collapsed onto the bed, letting the cool air prick at my skin.

The sky was dotted in bright stars, the moon in its full, I hummed a tune gently as Finnick sat upright in my bed, scribbling the last line of the poem he was working on for his talent. "Do you think he can win?" I asked, sitting upright beside the boy, and allowing my head to rest on his shoulder.

"Pluto?" Finnick asked and I nodded my head, Finnick pursed his lips and placed his paper on the bedside table, the pair of us pulled the covers over our bodies and lay in bed beside each other, Finnick wrapped his arms around me protectively. "I think he could, he's got the skills, especially with a longsword. He's a textbook career, but he won't be loyal to them when it comes down to it, the others will notice that. He'll be the first they target,"

I already knew the answer when I asked the question, "And what about Annie?"

He let out a breathy sigh, letting his eyes flicker shut, "You know, I think she just might surprise us,"

I hoped she would, something in me said that she would, and I knew I could not let her die without protecting her. The train hummed along the tracks, and I finally allowed my eyes to flicker shut, greeting me with the nightmares I had been longing to avoid.

My eyes opened at the sound of Sylvia running about the carriage with her usual shrill voice, my eye still felt heavy, and I allowed the to flutter shut until Finnick stirred beside me. "Hey there pretty boy," I mumbled with my eyes shut, Finnick climbed out of bed beside me, "Where do you think you're going?"

Finnick chuckled, pulling on some more formal clothes as I rolled over onto my back, "You might want to go and find some clothes, we had a job to do after all," He suggested, and I responded with a dramatic groan. Finnick chuckled, walking back over to the bed, and towering over the top of me. "I love you, Aurora Hartley," He said softly, placing a chaste kiss on my lips.

"I love you too Finnie," I giggle, kissing him once more before standing up from the bed. In the old dress, I had been wearing before I wandered back through the train and into my bedroom compartment. Sylvia had already decided on an outfit for me which I place on tiredly. A light green silk dress with a plunging neckline and flowing short sleeves. The dress fell just above my knees which I paired with some heeled shoes and the pearl necklace gifted to me by Finnick.

Finnick and the tributes greeted me in the dining carriage, Annie gave me a bright smile, fiddling with the hem of her baby blue dress. She would never have worn something as luxurious as the dress draping her body, I had been the same, and my family had been much better off than the Cresta family. Pluto was glaring out the window in an all-black suit, a steaming mug of coffee in his hands. Finnick took a mug of coffee from the table, and placed it in my hands, kissing me on the temple fondly.

Annie joined me on one of the couches and I took a deep breath, "An, today's going to be very stressful, but I'll be there the whole time if you need me,"

The girl nodded before sliding onto the floor in front of me, subconsciously I began weaving her hair into two loose braids, like the way I would do with my sisters. Braids were Addison's favourite hairstyle for formal occasions, Asher likes when I weaved wildflowers into hers. Sometimes, on major sparring days, Andante would ask me to do tight braids into his chin-length hair. I shook my head to erase any thoughts of my brother from my head. I did not want to forgive him for the disaster at the docks, so many lives had been lost from both sides, and for such little outcome. However, he was my brother, and I did love him, more than anything in the world.

The train pulled into the station in the Capitol, and we stepped out, Finnick letting go of my hand before anyone could see it. He placed his hand on Pluto's shoulder, the younger boy's face was expressionless as the crowd cheered for us. Annie's hand gripped onto mine while Sylvia walked out in front of us, directing us to underneath the training centre. "Welcome to the Capitol," Finnick said darkly, giving me a soft look before glancing at the clock, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere I need to be," He grimaced, lifting my right hand and kissing the knuckles.

"I'll check on you in half an hour," I told Pluto as the prep teams began to scurry around us.

"You're not my mentor," Pluto shot back stoically. I was tired of trying to be civil with him, instead, I rolled my eyes, taking Annie by the hand and leading her over to the prep team. 

Freddy Carter's cheekbones 

thankyou and goodnight 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

241K 3.6K 35
"I did not pull that trigger." "...But you handed me the gun." (timeline) Catching Fire - Mockingjay Part 2 #1- finnickodair #1- catchingfire #1- the...
7.7K 178 29
ೃ༄ πŠπ€π‹πŽππ’πˆπ€ πŸ”±πŸŒŠΛšβ—žβ™‘ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ * ˏˋ°‒*β€βž· β˜οΈΛΛ‹Β°β€’*β€βž· π‹π’πŸπž 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐒𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲, training the kids from your district, as a...
716K 25.3K 68
The life of a victor isn't always great. Amelia Sawyer knew that all too well. After winning the 67th Hunger Games, she found herself back in Distric...
974 9 13
"You're the butterflies in the air and I'm the waves that crash in the ocean. Together we're the sky and the sea," "...That's really corny" "Shut up...