Tu muskuraye har jagah

By misha_reads

Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a very successful and famous business tycoon, had a bad experience because of which he... More

Prologue
Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Epilogue
A/N

31

2K 190 35
By misha_reads

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru]

Oberoi Mansion

For the first time in 11 years, Shivaay was not drunk when he got back home, on his mother's death anniversary. And on top of that, he wasn't feeling sad or lost.

Om was sitting with Daadi in the hall, they were talking about something when Shivaay joined them

S: Daadi, you remember the tadka daal you used to make that mom liked?

Daadi: Yes billu puttar, why do you ask?

S: Can you tell me how you made it?

Daadi: Do you want to have it?

S: yes daadi

Daadi: let's make it together then

Shivaay beamed with glee at the prospect of eating something his mother liked.

After dinner, Om went to Shivaay's room.

Om: Shivaay, you surprised us today. You're not drunk. How are you feeling?

S: I feel fine Om. I had a change of perspective today. All these years I have been so focused on the bad part. I locked up all the good memories and I was scared to revisit them. But today I realized what a fool I've been. So now, instead of wallowing over her death, I want to honor mom's life.

Om: and what brought upon this change?

S: Not a 'what' but a 'who'?

Om: Okay, who then?

Om(in his mind): I know it's Annika

S: Someone I never should have pushed away. I made a huge mistake Om, I lost my chance with her. I wasn't ready then, but I know one thing with certainty, that I want her in my life. At whatever capacity she'll have me.

Om: Better late than never, brother. I'm glad you're changing your point of view

*******

The next day around lunchtime, Shivaay went over to Annika's office with his driver. Knowing that she loved his gajar halwa, he brought some for her. He was about to get out of his car when he saw Annika getting in another car with Sanket. It appeared the two of them were headed out for lunch.

It pricked Shivaay's heart because he missed the opportunity to spend time with her but he knew he couldn't hold it against her. It's her life, she can spend her time with whomever she chooses. Disappointed, he handed the package to his driver and asked him to deliver it to her office.

Of course Annika was overjoyed when she came back after lunch and she texted to thank him, but he really wanted to see her reaction first hand. He could imagine exactly how she must have smiled like a little kid, shrieked probably and she must have refused to share it with Neil or anyone else.

********

A few days later, Shivaay received disastrous news.

S: How is this possible Mishra? How could we lose another deal to Daksh Khurana?

Mishra: I couldn't believe it either sir, and their quotation was close to ours.

Tej barged into Shivaay's cabin and he was pissed.

Tej: Shivaay, I just heard. How is this possible? We lost a deal worth 1500 crore

S: we're trying to figure it out bade papa. No one knew our quotation except me and no one had access to the file. Something is fishy here

Tej: This is unacceptable Shivaay, this deal was very important. Mishra, find out how this could have happened. We have a mole amongst us who is leaking our data to Khuranas

S: Mishra, get the footage of my cabin entrance. I'm sorry bade papa, I should have been more careful

Tej: Oh stop it Shivaay, it's not your fault. I have never doubted your skills and dedication and I never could. Let's focus on finding the culprit and how we can ensure nothing like this happens again.

S: Yes bade papa, I'll keep you in the loop.

The footage of the entrance of Shivaay's cabin had been wiped clean. And with that Shivaay's worries increased.

S (in his mind): Someone has tampered with this footage, we have a mole among us. Our only hope is the secret camera of my cabin.

Shivaay retrieved the camera which was hidden beside a showpiece and called his security team to decrypt the footage.

There was nothing he could do until he got the footage so he decided to head home. He was in the parking lot, he got a call from Annika.

A: Shivaay, are you still at your office?

S: Yeah

A: Can you wait for me?

S: Okay, I'll wait for you in the parking lot.

Shivaay received another call as soon as he disconnected.

Khanna: Sir, we have received the decrypted footage. I'm sending you some clips.

What Shivaay saw next, shook him.

Sarthak clicked pictures of Shivaay's quotations and shared them with someone.

S(in his mind): I can't believe it, Sarthak! How could he betray us? Is he working with Daksh? I'm not going to spare this guy.

Coincidentally Sarthak was headed home, unaware that his truth was out.

Blood boiling, fueled by rage, Shivaay smacked him. His right hook shook Sarthak's jaw and he stumbled and fell on the floor

S: How dare you! You thought you could deceive me.

Another punch

Sarthak: I'm innocent, I didn't do anything

Smack!

S: Stop it, your game is over. Why did you do this? Tell me!

Shivaay beat him to a pulp. Sarthak got up and tried to run away, Shivaay followed him but Sarthak hid somewhere. On his way to the sub-level parking, still searching for Sarthak, Shivaay collided with someone. He was in a hurry so he didn't pay any attention to the stranger. He entered a narrow part of the parking lot but it was too dark to see anything so he came out.

Failing to find Sarthak, he decided to inform his security team but he couldn't find his phone. He checked all his pockets, no phone. He remembered keeping it in his jacket after speaking with Annika. He unlocked his car and checked inside, still no phone.

Meanwhile, Annika reached and parked her scooty.

A: Shivaay

She did not look well, her face had a red hue and her eyes looked tired.

S: Hey, you don't look very well

A: I'm running a fever. I was nearby, that's why I called you. I won't be able to drive myself home

S: get in

He checked her forehead, she was burning up.

S: Let's go to a doctor

A: I have seen a doctor, it's some seasonal flu. I've also bought the medicines. Please drop me home

Shivaay drove her home, she looked like she would faint any moment. They reached her apartment and he put her to bed.

S: Annika, can I use your phone?

A: Here

Shivaay informed Khanna about his encounter with Sarthak and asked Khanna to hunt him down.

Annika was still burning up even after taking the medicine. Shivaay sat by her bedside with a cold compress

A: Shivaay, you don't need to do this. I'll be fine

S: Shut up, and sleep. Let me take care of you

The entire night, Shivaay sat there by her side. He managed to get her fever down.

In the morning when Annika woke up, she was welcomed by the fragrance of hot ginger tea. She walked into the kitchen, Shivaay had her apron tied around his waist, he was making french toast for her

A(in her mind): He looks hot even in a girly apron. Some part of me still yearns for him and I don't know how strong that part is. Will I ever get over him?

S: Good morning, how are you feeling now?

A: Better. Thank you and I'm sorry, you had to stay here because of me. Chanda is currently visiting her in-laws.

S: What about Sanket? He should have never let you go alone

A: He doesn't know I'm sick. I called him several times last evening but he didn't answer, texted me he was busy with an important case and the hearing is in a few days.

S(in his mind): No matter how much work he had, he should have at least asked her why she was calling. But who am I to judge him when I have done worse things?

A: And I didn't think this flu would get so bad

S: Because you think you're superwoman. How could you get sick? Right?

A: Haha, should I fill my stomach with your taunts or can I eat?

S: Mad woman

After she was well fed, Shivaay checked her temperature. She still had a low fever but nothing to worry about

S: I've made some soup for your lunch, have it. And if your temperature increases, take your pills. I'll check in on you in a few hours.

A: Sometimes you are so nice that it makes me wonder, where does the bagadbilla appear from?

S: Do you want it to reappear?

*********

Shivaay drove home, thinking about her, unaware of what was about to hit him.

Ru: Bhaiyya, where have you been all night? Where's your phone?

S: I don't know where my phone is. What happened?

Ru: Bhavya called me a while ago

Before Rudra could finish telling Shivaay, cops barged in.

Ranvir: Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi

S: Yes

Ranvir: I'm ACP Ranvir Singh Randhawa, and I'm here to arrest you

S: On what charges ACP? What have I done?

Ranvir: don't try to act innocent Mr. Oberoi. Where were you last night? You, Mr. Rudra, was your brother home last night? Tell the truth or we'll have to arrest you for obstructing justice

S: I was not at home. But how does that make me a criminal ACP?

Ranvir: So where were you then?

S: That's none of your business

Ranvir: It is my business Mr. Oberoi, it is my business. Because last night, you murdered your employee Sarthak

S: What nonsense! I did not kill him

Ranvir: He leaked your quotations to your rival, you lost thousands of crores because of him. You had every motive to kill him.

S: Do you have any proof?

Ranvir: Where's your phone, Mr. Oberoi?

S: I lost it last night

Ranvir: I'll tell you where it is, your phone was found at the crime scene. We have footage of you beating him to death.

S: I'm telling you ACP, I did not kill Sarthak

Ranvir: Enough talking, Shirke, cuff him. Let's go

S: Rudy, call my lawyer

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter

Shivaay is going to be interrogated

Please vote and share your views in the comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...
37.9K 2.3K 13
Annika Trivedi works for Shivaay Singh Oberoi but what happens when they are put into a situation where one is forced to marry the other, do they fin...
221K 20.4K 42
The innocence in him was killed by her practical business and ruthless worldy life !!!! The innocence in her came by just falling in love with him. W...
1.8K 155 1
Annika Oberoi nee' Trivedi the 25 year old young widow of a 35 year Omkara Singh Oberoi have lost everybody in her love for him. She thought they had...