Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Vo...

Od ceciliatan

In Daron's life, it's 1989, his band Moondog Three is starting to take off, and although the closet door is o... Více

206 BEHIND THE WALL OF SLEEP
207 ROCK ME AMADEUS
208 TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS
209 TV PARTY
210 DEADBEAT CLUB
211 LIPS LIKE SUGAR
212 MEN AT WORK
213 GET DOWN TONIGHT
214 KISS ON MY LIST
215 JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
216 RHYTHM AND BOOZE
217 WHEN LOVE COMES TO TOWN
218 TRUST
219 HOLIDAY ON THE MOON
220 PRETTY PERSUASION
221 PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE
222 I WILL FOLLOW
223 LIVING COLOUR
224 BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG
225 WOULD I LIE TO YOU?
226 TERRIBLE LIE
227 KNOCK ME DOWN
228 HANGING ON THE TELEPHONE
229 DELIRIOUS
230 EVERYBODY WANTS YOU
231 THE WALLS CAME DOWN
232 NEW GOLD DREAM
233 LET THE DAY BEGIN
234 CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE
235 FANTASY
236 PICTURES OF YOU
237 DO YOU WANT TO TOUCH?
238 DEVIL INSIDE
239 THE HEAT IS ON
240 MIRROR PEOPLE
241 BEHIND THE SUN
242 SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IN SUMMERTIME
243 SENSES WORKING OVERTIME
244 TENDERNESS
245 SOWING THE SEEDS
246 MYSTIFY
247 ME AND MY FRIENDS
248 ENJOY THE SILENCE
249 FASCINATION STREET
251 PHOTOGRAPH
252 TO BE A LOVER
253 PARADISE CITY
254 HAVEN'T WE BEEN HERE BEFORE?
255 LAWYERS, GUNS, AND MONEY
256 MAD WORLD
257 EVEN COWGIRLS GET THE BLUES
258 RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE
259 PALE SHELTER
260 POLICY OF TRUTH
261 SULTANS OF SWING
262 SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE
263 DESIRE
264 CUTS YOU UP
265 WEST L.A. FADEWAY
266 JUST WHAT I NEEDED
267 HIGHWAY TO HELL
268 Walk of Life
269 SMALL BLUE THING
270 ROCK ME TONIGHT
271 SOME LIKE IT HOT
272 GHOST IN YOU
273 QUESTION OF TIME
274 SAVE IT FOR LATER
275 ALTERED IMAGES
276 THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT
277 MASTER OF PUPPETS
278 LONELY IS THE NIGHT
279 BAD MEDICINE
280 SHOUT (AT THE DEVIL)
281 POOR POOR PITIFUL ME
282 CLAMPDOWN
283 STOP
284 WHERE IS MY MIND?
285 SOMETHING SO STRONG
286 SAD SONGS (SAY SO MUCH)
287 IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW?
288 WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
289 LOVE VIGILANTES
Ch 290 THE WHOLE OF THE MOON
291 I'M AN ADULT NOW
292 GOODY TWO SHOES
293 CLASSIC GIRL
294 KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF
295 All Night Long
296 POP MUZIK
297 SHIP OF FOOLS
298 WILD BOYS
299 STRIPPED
300 EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN
301 DEEPER AND DEEPER
302 REALLY SAYING SOMETHING
303 DEBASER
304 I WON'T BACK DOWN
305 BALL OF CONFUSION
306 IN THE AIR TONIGHT
307 ALIVE AND KICKING
308 POLICY OF TRUTH
309 WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
310 REFUGEE
311 STAND BACK
312 DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME
313 DIZZY
314 NEVER LET ME DOWN AGAIN
315 DON'T GET ME WRONG
316 MONKEY GONE TO HEAVEN
317 TELL THAT GIRL TO SHUT UP
318 ADDICTED TO LOVE
Liner Note 21
Liner Note 22
Daron's Story Continues...
FLASHBACK: ROCK THIS TOWN
Liner Note 23
LINER NOTE #28 (Part 1)
Liner Note 28, Part 2
LINER NOTE: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
LINER NOTE #32

250 I AIN'T GONNA STAND FOR IT

272 34 6
Od ceciliatan

I AIN'T GONNA STAND FOR IT

We didn't end up stopping for pizza after all. We got a bad vibe about the place as we looked in. A big guy was shouting at the cashier in a rather belligerent way. We steered clear and ended up in the bar of a small hotel just on the other side of Market.

I ordered a bourbon and a bowl of Maraschino cherries and then went and washed my hands. Twice.

Ziggy went and did the same. When he came back I had decided what to say.

"What in the fucking fuck was that the fuck about," I said.

"Too much?"

"Ziggy!"

"Shh, shh. Sorry. I got carried away. You know I don't think straight when my penis is doing the thinking. And neither do you."

"Don't blame it on that. That's like saying you're not responsible for what happens when you drink. Only worse. 'Sorry, man, I saw a sexy girl in a TV commercial and just couldn't help myself?'" I sat back as the waitress put our drinks down, along with the bowl of cherries. She put a bowl of bar mix down in front of Ziggy and then left, looking back at us a little suspiciously. "That's bull."

Ziggy put his hands on the table, palm down, fingers spread. "I'm sorry. I... you're right. I should've just ditched you and gone back there by myself later. I'm sorry that was ridiculous. But I'm not sorry we talked."

Truth was, I wasn't sorry we talked either. "It just feels a helluva lot like you just gathered up a whole hunk of my chain and yanked it really hard," I said.

He pressed his palms against his forehead. "I know. Which is why I'm apologizing. I didn't mean it like that. But seriously, would it have been better for me to sneak around? Sneak away and then do it on the sly? Would that really be better?"

I took a swig of the bourbon and let it burn on the way down before I answered. "I don't know. Maybe. I..." My cheeks were hot not from the drink but from thinking about him wrapping his hand around mine. I chewed vengefully on a cherry. "You crossed a line, Zig."

"Fuck." He scrubbed his hair with his fingers then looked at me from between them. "Do you feel violated?"

"No." Violated was way too strong a word. "But you crossed a line."

"Okay. I get that. I'm sorry, I just... Yeah. I'm sorry." He finally picked up his drink and sipped at it. "Good to know it now. You know this won't be the only time we'll need to take care of something like that."

"Like what?"

He gave me a look. "Unless you've changed a lot, you're going to come off stage at least half the time in a... state."

I sighed. "And your point is?"

"The point is I'm going to have a much easier time finding... relief than you will. Be realistic, you're going to need it sometimes, and unless you're going to be hiring a rentboy at each stop—which I can't picture you doing—you're going to be kind of stuck with your own hand. Have you made any kind of a plan for this?"

"Maybe I'll give groupies a try." I tried to say it as convincingly as possible, but it only came out even more sarcastic-sounding. I nearly said: what, my own hand isn't good enough? Except for what had just happened.

"Actually," Ziggy said, so slowly it was like four separate words, "you know who would almost certainly give you a great handjob?"

"Who?" No, I couldn't believe we were having this conversation, either.

"Colin. He pretty much worships the ground you walk on, he's totally bi-curious if not actually bi, and a hand job wouldn't be too challenging for either of you, don't you think?"

I shook my head, trying to imagine having this conversation with Colin. Yeah, I have this extra string that needs to be tuned. Ugh.

"Come on. He's your sherpa. He would totally go for it. I'm telling you. I thought that was half the reason you brought him."

"Say a word to him about it and I swear I'll scrape your fucking eyeliner off with a grapefruit spoon."

He pursed his lips. "No need to get violent. Point taken, jeez."

"I'll take care of my own problem," I said, making a motion with my hand like I was cutting off a section of the orchestra. "End of discussion."

Then we both dissolved into sniggers. Because, come on, that's how ridiculous it all was. Neither of us could really take ourselves seriously.

Actually, which was more ridiculous, talking about getting me off like we were talking about getting a dog sitter, or the fact that after that we had a totally normal conversation about all kinds of other stuff?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

99.3K 4.5K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...
200K 3.9K 30
Andrew has been happily dating his boyfriend, Derek, for years. But when a new boy comes into both of their lives, it opens Andrew's eyes to who his...
4.7K 284 8
"I kissed a boy just to start shit," he murmured into my ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, just enough to set my deepest desires aflame. I squirme...
28.1K 1.5K 22
**Threequel to New** Will Evans decided to turn a new leaf, wipe the slate clean and start anew. Will Evans decided to make some changes. Now, Will E...