๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž | ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ณ

By cryingintheclubbaes

โ›๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐š๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฉ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒโœ - ... More

๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž

756 24 5
By cryingintheclubbaes

WARNINGS: depictions of violence, mentions of assault, alcohol abuse
—————————————————————

"This is a joke, right?"

Maddy Perez, the strongest and boldest person you know, was about to get back together with her abusive ex.

"What?"

"Maddy, you were sobbing in my arms for three hours last night about him and now you're telling me that you want to go back to him?"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Maddy, he put his hands on you! He threw you into a trailer by your neck!"

"He was just in a bad mood! He's a good person!"

"Jesus, Maddy. He really has brainwashed you, hasn't he? He choked you! He's abusing you!"

"This is none of your business!"

"None of my business? Remind me again who's arms you were crying in last night? There are better people out there for you. Certainly better than Nate."

"Like who?"

"Like me! For the love of God, Maddy, me! I love you! Nate doesn't! If you think that someone who repeatedly hurts you loves you, then you are delusional."

"This is the first time it's gotten this bad!"

"Maddy, please. Stop standing up for him! He's not good for you!"

"Go away! Leave me alone! Get out!"

"For once in your life, Maddy, let someone actually love you. Let me love you."

"Get out of my house! Stay out of my life!"

She threw your bag right at your chest, you stumbled back from the force. A screaming match with your best friend wasn't on your schedule for today.

You were emotionally distraught, tears streaming down your face. Mascara running down Maddy's face as she continued throwing things at you.

You looked over to your right onto Maddy's dresser. There lied a picture of the two of you at a party, your arm hooked around her neck and kissing her cheek. Her sitting in your lap and laughing.

You gazed back up at Maddy, who's mascara was running, hair a mess, and fuming. You grabbed the picture off of her dresser and threw it right at her feet, the glass shattering. You snatched your bag up and sprinted out of her house and rode away as fast as you could on your bike.

Your eyes were growing increasingly more foggy from the tears so you pulled over on the side of the road and tossed your bike on the grass. You fell to your knees with a sob and cried. You just screwed up the best thing that ever happened to you.

It was a shame that you were madly in love with her as well.

Maddy stared at the picture on her floor, surrounded by glass shards spread across her carpet. She hadn't bothered to clean her room after the fight, she simply crawled onto her bed and sobbed.

Usually when she felt like this, she would call you and you would be there in a matter of minutes to hold her. She was already missing the feeling of your arms around her waist and the familiar scent of vanilla from your perfume.

Her pillow was stained with tear marks and mascara. She buried her face in the hoodie she was wearing. It was yours, no surprise there. She loved wearing your clothes, it made her feel closer to you.

Your knee was bleeding from falling on the asphalt road. You rode your bike further down the street to your house and tossed it in the yard. You swung open the door to your house and walked into the kitchen.

Wrong move.

Muffled shouts came from the dining room before you saw your brother being shoved through the door separating the room from the kitchen. You caught him before he fell, but received a beer bottle flying right for your head. You dad stepped through the door and he reeked of alcohol.

"Listen here, you disgrace. You see me getting onto your brother, you don't intervene. Understand?"

"Getting onto him? You shoved him through the freaking door."

"Are you back talking me?" He reached for anything he could throw at you off of the kitchen counter. Your brother immediately jumping up from the floor and stepping infront of you.

"I swear to God, if you touch her-"

"What you gonna do, tough guy? You gonna hit me?"

Your brother wasn't one to provoke. His short patience not something to be messed with. So when your dad was taunting him, you knew it wasn't gonna go a good way. You saw your brother rear his fist back and sucker punch your dad in the jaw. That was the last thing you saw before running out of the house.

You and Maddy hadn't talked since the fight. That was two weeks ago. You hadn't been to school much, you had crashed at your mom's house. You only told Lexi where you were staying in fearing that the news would travel to your dad.

-

Maddy was very hesitant to knock. She knew that the two of you weren't exactly on the same page at the moment.

Maddy, don't do it. Just go back to Nate, No, Maddy don't go back to him. He hurt you, she was right.

Her thoughts were all over the place. A part of her telling her to go back to Nate, the other begging her not to. Become increasingly more overwhelmed with the war going on inside her mind, she knocked.

Instead of you answering, who she was hoping would, Mason answered.

"Maddy?"

"I need to see Y/N right now."

"She's not here right now, she's at our mom's. What's so important?"

"Nothing, thank you for telling me."

"You're welcome."

She turned on her heels and headed back to her car, tugging at the sleeves of her hoodie. She drove to your mom's house and noticed that your car and bike were there.

She knocked on the door quietly being met with a voice coming from the inside.

"Just a minute!"

A smile appeared on her face as she heard your voice. You being the only person who could make her smile no matter what.

You swung the door open and behind was a very distraught Maddy. Mascara running down her face and bloodshot eyes. She pulled down the collar of her hoodie revealing a discolored hand mark wrapping around her neck.

"You were right" was all she managed to get before completely breaking down in your arms.

Thankfully, the walk to your room was a short one. You locked the door behind you, internally grateful that your mom decided to leave for the night. You turned back to the sobbing girl who was seated on the edge of your bed.

You kneeled down in front of her and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. Her eyes met yours and you could feel your heart break.

Nate Jacobs had broken Maddy Perez.

You were determined to fix her.

"Mads, darling, I need you to tell me what happened. Ok?"

She nodded. Her throat was raw and she just didn't have the energy to speak.

"I don't think I can." Tears were spilling from her eyes as she attempted to wipe them away.

"Ok, that's completely fine. I just need you to take off your sweatshirt for me. Can you do that?"

She nodded again. You stood up and helped her take off her hoodie and discarded it on the floor. You took a step back when you saw how badly he had beaten her.

Her skin now colored purple and a deep shade of greenish gray. All masking the shape of Nate's hand.

"Maddy....."

"I broke up with him. And he just got,,,,, angry."

You crawled on your bed behind her and she rested her back on your front. One of your hands in hers and the other tracing each wound.

"Why me?" She pondered, earning a hum from you in response.

"Why do you love me?"

"We don't choose who we fall in love with. Sometimes it just happens."

"Why me though?"

"Who else would it be? I couldn't love anyone else even if I tried to, Maddy. I only love you."

"I love you too. I thought it was Nate, but it wasn't. It was you, it was always you. I just didn't think I deserved something so,,,, pure. I figured that what Nate and I had was better than what my parents have so I always thought that what he gave me was what I was worth."

"Oh, darling, you deserve so much more than what Nate gave you. You are worth so much more."

"I never thought that I did. But then you helped me realize what he was doing. I broke up with him a few days after our fight. I never want to fight with you again. I didn't eat, I didn't sleep. I thought you hated me."

"I could never hate you."

Maddy nodded against your chest. Her gaze that was once fixated on a poster hanging on the wall was now on you. Her hazel eyes glazed over with tears and begging for forgiveness.

"I really love you, Maddy."

"I love you too."

Your gaze slipped from her eyes to her lips. She immediately noticed, she felt her cheeks heating up.

"Can I kiss you?"

Maddy had no idea why she was nervous. I mean, you were the one looking at her lips. With a nod of your head, she closed the distance between the two of you and her lips were on yours.

It was phenomenal sensation. You brought your hand up to her cheek as hers wrapped around the back of your neck. The kiss was slow and passionate unlike Nate's, your touch felt better on her body. Everything about you was so much better than Nate.

When she pulled away, both of you were speechless. You peppered her face with kisses and she laughed at your actions. She pulled the duvet out from underneath the two of you and covered both of you with it.

She grabbed your hand and kissed your palm. She intertwined her hand with yours and turned over to face you. You were inches away from her, you could feel your pulse quickening.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

———————————————————————
a/n: i did it again
anywho, so, me being me, i was watching a sad maddy scene pack for edits and i was scrolling through the comments and one said 'maddy is the living definition of we accept the kind of love we think we deserve' and i wrote something based off it

words: 1.7k

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
840K 19K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
194K 3.8K 19
Reese Howard, twin of Cassie Howard and older sister of Lexi Howard. She's lived in East Highland California all her life. Her best friend since sand...
979K 60.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...