A stay-at-home Dads Retaurant

Por Kshit_Dfck23

not mine.. Más

791-
828
856
891
932
965
1016
1062
1105
1151
1193
1235
1281
1330
1397
1456
1506 -look for next chapter-
1670
1731
1781
1836
1611
1891
1951
2001
2051
2111
2171
2232
2278
2341
2398
245 - END

1556

22 0 0
Por Kshit_Dfck23

Chapter 1556: An Orange Cat That Can Fool People Is A Good Cat

"Why are they so afraid of Ugly Duckling?"

"Perhaps they have taken Ugly Duckling to be their totem. They do look rather similar."

Amy and Babla were sitting on a short wall in the small courtyard, and talking to each other with wonder as they watched two orcs kneel on the ground, present two grilled fish to Ugly Duckling respectfully, and then press their foreheads to the ground respectfully.

Ugly Duckling stared at the grilled fish on the plates with glowing eyes. However, it didn't rush to eat, and instead extended both its paws, and tapped lightly on the two orcs' heads.

The two orcs looked up and bowed twice with their palms pressed together to Ugly Duckling excitedly and respectfully before getting up and leaving happily.

"Meow~"

Ugly Duckling only started eating the grilled fish happily after the two orcs went far away.

"Hmph. This fellow will become super fat if it continues to cheat the people for its food here. It's not going to fly even if its wings grow out," Amy complained disdainfully as she looked at Ugly Duckling's increasingly rotund back.

"Do the ducks on your continent have to fly when they're fully grown? Is there an upper limit on their weight that they could be sent to the table? For example, 5 kg or 10 kg?" Babla asked with wonder, even though she, too, had no idea how the ducks on the moon grew up.

"Oh..." Amy's eyes lit up, and she thoughtfully said, "This is quite a good idea. Anyway, we can't put it into the oven if it gets too big."

Ugly Duckling, which was happily eating, suddenly halted, and turned around slowly with a terrified expression.

"Eat, continue to eat. Must make yourself full." Amy had an innocent smile.

"Blah..." Ugly Duckling opened its mouth, and a piece of fish fell to the ground.

It looked at the two fish on the plate longingly, but after hesitating for a moment, it ran to Amy with a swinging tail. Its round body seemed rather agile on the pebble ground. It intended to jump into Amy's arms when it leaped in front of the short wall.

Splat...

However, it only reached about half of the wall's height before it crashed into Amy's feet, and slid down the wall gradually.

"Ugly Duckling, don't you know your weight?" Amy looked down at Ugly Duckling. There was resignation in her smile.

"Ugly Duckling is really so stupid..." Babla had already bent over with laughter, and she almost fell off the wall.

"Meow~"

Ugly Duckling looked up at Amy aggrievedly as it tried to regain its status by acting cute.

Mag came out from his room, and walked to the short wall after he heard the laughter. He hugged Amy gently to prevent her from falling off as he smilingly asked, "What are you laughing about?"

"Take a look, Father. This fool Ugly Duckling is becoming fatter as it has duped the locals for food ever since it arrived," Amy replied, pointing at Ugly Duckling.

"Did those people come to send it food deliberately again?" Mag glanced at that porcelain plate on the ground with surprise

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Since last night, there had been chefs sending delicious food that they made specially to the small courtyard. However, it was not meant for them, but specified for Ugly Duckling.

The Gray Temple's intel did mention that the Falk Tribe worshiped an existence called the Flerken. It should be some kind of mysterious and powerful feline species, and thus the Falk Tribe was very respectful to all kinds of felines.

"I heard they called Ugly Duckling Lord Flerken. Is Ugly Duckling that species of cat?" Babla asked.

"They really called Ugly Duckling Lord Flerken?" Mag looked at Babla with surprise. They didn't use this form of address easily.

"Yes. Those two chefs called it that earlier, and they left very happily after Ugly Duckling touched their heads." Amy nodded in agreement.

"Flerken... orange cat... Could it be some kind of special coincidence?" Mag looked at Ugly Duckling with a frown. After pondering for a moment, he walked to the yard's door. "I need to go out for a while. You all be good and stay at home."

"What is Father going to do?" Amy looked at Mag's retreating back.

"Maybe he has some important errands to run." Babla shrugged as she wasn't very interested.

Mag got a shrine painting of Flerken through Heyman. This was something displayed in every home in the Falk Tribe, so it wasn't anything rare. Heyman wasn't suspicious when Mag asked to have a look. He only told Mag certain things that he should take note of when he passed him the painting, and he had to return it to him in time after he was done admiring it.

From these details, Mag could see that Heyman placed a great importance on this shrine picture and how much they respected Flerken.

Mag returned to the small courtyard, and unfurled the picture in his room.

A giant fat orange cat was drawn right in the center on the paper made from animal skin with orangey-yellow paint. It resembled those super fat cats that no longer cared about their figures. It seemed to have a ball in its tummy.

The amazing thing was that there was a pair of white wings on the back of this orange cat. However, this pair of wings was different from those of the birds. They looked like two palm-sized fat and round clouds, which were like two cute decorations stuck on the orange cat's back.

If it weren't for the big orange cat's bright piercing eyes that seemed to contain the starry sky and sea within them, Mag would have thought that it was some family's cat which had a pair of small wings stuck to it unwillingly.

"Isn't it just a freaking orange cat?" Mag couldn't help swearing after studying that picture for a long time.

He finally understood why those chefs were treating Ugly Duckling like a god. Apart from that pair of tiny wings on its back and being slightly slimmer, Ugly Duckling seemed to have walked out from this painting.

"The wings..." Mag muttered. Ugly Duckling had a pair of symmetrical white wing patterns on its back too. Could this be some kind of coincidence?

Although cats were not common house pets yet, he had seen many cats after coming to this world. The majority were black cats and white cats, followed by the gray ones and tortoiseshell ones. However, only they had the one and only of the usually commonly seen orange cats.

Furthermore, everyone who had met Ugly Duckling would give it a second look with the expression that said "how could there be a cat of this color in this world".

"No matter if it is a black cat or a white cat, an orange cat that can fool people is a good cat." Mag rolled up the painting with a smile.

Chapter 1557: I Just Don't Want My Stomach To Be Cut Open...

"The chief of the Blue Sky Tribe arrives!"

"The envoy of the Tetan Tribe arrives!"

"The envoy of the Gala Tribe arrives!"

In the evening, the guests from all the other tribes arrived for the conferring ceremony. Announcements could be heard reverberating throughout the city towers. All kinds of flying steeds landed on the empty land outside of the city, and their esteemed riders were welcomed into the city.

With the power of the entire tribe, the damaged part of the city wall had been completely repaired. Although certain sections hadn't been completely cleared, as long as they were completely destroyed, there were excuses to explain it.

Gary stood on the tallest tower in the palace, and nodded his head as he watched this scene with satisfaction.

Darryl stood behind Gary, and said in a grave voice, "Chief, we still haven't found any traces of the Hairless Monk and that mysterious attacker. However, they weren't able to rescue Ferdinand when they created the scene last night. Today, the powerhouses of all the orc tribes are gathered here, and with the presence of the Aug Tribe's chief, Auster, they most likely wouldn't dare to come again."

He still had lingering fears over last night's events.

"If they dare to come here again, I will make sure they will never leave again," Gary said in a cold voice.

Darryl continued, "Chief, we have accounted for last night's escaped criminals. Over 800, which is about 80% of the prisoners who were supposed to be executed today, have escaped. The troops have already gone to search for them with the hunting dogs. We should be able to catch a portion of them. Should we hang them according to our original plan?"

"As long as Ferdinand didn't escape, it's meaningless regardless how many of them have escaped." Gary smirked, and continued, "Hang them. Of course we should hang them. I want everyone to know what the consequence of betraying me is. We are going to hang those fellows one by one after they are caught. No one will be able to escape."

Darryl had an unnatural expression. He moved his lips before finally nodding. "Yes."

Gary turned around, and said to Darryl in a low voice, "Darryl, I know Isaiah had treated you very well, and gave you a lot of assistance in your cultivation."

"Yes." Darryl looked down and nodded.

"Our Falk Tribe has already lost two powerhouses recently, and we could barely hold on to our position as the number two orc tribe." Gary smiled, but his voice was chilling. "I don't wish to lose another 10th-tier powerhouse again. What do you think?"

Darryl shivered, and quickly answered, "I think there wouldn't be another."

"Very good." Gary reached out and patted gently on Darryl's shoulder. He smilingly said, "You may go on. There are plenty of things that you need to take care of."

"Yes." Darryl felt a great relief as he turned to walk out.

Gary looked at the boisterous tribe as spread his arms out wide, looked up to the sky, and smiled. "Are you seeing this, Isaiah? The Falk Tribe is going to belong to me completely. You shouldn't have thought that I was joking when I said I would take back what belonged to me then."

***

"This is the handover procedure. We are handing them over to you now. However, we need to make sure that they are really dead, and we have to bring their bodies back." A prisoner's carriage stopped at the back door of the main kitchen. A scar-faced orc handed a kraft paper to Heyman, and after he was certain that Heyman had signed, he kept the paper. Then, he waved his hand toward his back, and two orcs immediately dragged two prisoners with tattered clothes, and had their heads in black covers to the door.

"All of you have worked very hard. I will send their bodies out after we remove their lungs." Heyman chuckled and waved.

Two chefs who were in charge of processing ferocious beasts came over, grabbed one of them each, and dragged them into the main kitchen. Heyman followed them in.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Boss, are they really eating orcs' lungs? Don't lungs taste the worst?" an orc softly asked.

"What the heck do you know? The chef who could make the chief issue an order personally can even make poop taste fantastic." The scar-faced orc spat and pursed his lips as he watched the prisoners being dragged away. "They will wish to be hanged rather than to have their lungs removed while they are alive."

The two orcs who were grabbed struggled hard, but their limbs and bodies were tied by ropes. They were grabbed by a pair of strong hands as if they were chickens who were about to get slaughtered. Their struggles were futile.

Heyman followed after them, and lamented, "Please stop struggling. I will ask Mr. Mag to give you a quick death later. It would be better than being hanged at the gallows."

The lady on the left burst out in tears upon hearing that.

"Don't be afraid, Juliet. I am here... I am still here," Romeo yelled in a panic.

They waved their hands frantically in midair. They grabbed hold of each other tightly when their hands finally touched in midair.

"Don't be scared. I am here," Romeo consoled her.

"I'm not scared. I just don't want my stomach to be cut open..." Juliet sobbed.

Romeo grasped Juliet's hands tightly, but he was at a loss for a reply.

Heyman brought them to the Kitchen One. He knocked, and then said to Mag who came to answer the door, "Mr. Mag, I've brought them to you. They just came from the prison, so they do stink a little. Do I need to process them first?"

Mag looked at the two prisoners that had their heads covered. He recognized them through their figures immediately, but he still pretended not to, and asked, "Are you sure that they are a pair of loving husband and wife?"

"They are Romeo and Juliet, the model husband and wife in our Falk Tribe. No couple is more loving than the two of them in the entire tribe." Heyman nodded as he looked at them with a piteous gaze. He went close to Mag, and said with a lowered voice, "They are good people. If possible, please don't make them suffer."

"Alright." Mag nodded as he opened the door, and said, "Send them in. I will process them myself. I need to start my preparation now, please don't disturb us if there is nothing important."

"Yes. I will warn them." Heyman nodded. The most important department in the main kitchen now was undoubtedly Kitchen One. It was alright if the other tables' flavors were a little substandard, but the VIP table had all the important people from all the orc tribes. It would be disastrous if there was a problem with the flavors.

The strapping orcs placed Romeo and Juliet on the floor, and left immediately.

Mag closed the door, and asked Babla to put up a spell formation to prevent people from invading and eavesdropping on them.

Everyone came forward, and curiously looked at the two people in embrace on the floor.

Mag had already informed all of them, and they knew that they would be sent over.

Mag went up to pull off the black covers over their heads.

The sudden brightness made the two of them close their eyes instinctively. They only opened their eyes after a moment, and were shocked to see Mag and the ladies crowding around them.

Didn't they say that they want to remove their lungs to make a dish?

Why did they look like a bevy of innocent beautiful ladies?

Chapter 1558: Do You Think That Could Be Boss Mag?

"Nice to meet you. I am Mag," Mag said with a smile.

Romeo's and Juliet's gaze landed on Mag—who was wearing his chef's suit and holding a cleaver—and terror appeared on their faces immediately. Was this fellow the head chef?

"Take my lungs if you need. Mine are big enough. Don't touch her!" Romeo shouted at Mag as he tried to shield Juliet behind him.

However, Juliet calmed down quickly. She looked into Mag's eyes, and said, "Take from both of us if you want. Didn't you say it's for 'husband and wife lung slice'? We are a pair of husband and wife."

"It was my idea to bring the two of you here, and to make the 'husband and wife lung slice'. However, I am not really going to extract your lungs." Mag went forward and made two slashes to cut the ropes binding them. He kept his cleaver, took two steps backward, and smiled. "Actually, we are good people."

Romeo and Juliet were both shocked that the ropes binding them were suddenly cut. They saw that Mag—who had smiled and kept the cleaver—indeed didn't look like a butcher, so they couldn't decide at that moment.

Romeo hugged the weak Juliet as he asked Mag, "Th-then what do you intend to do?"

After going through what they had gone through recently, he no longer trusted anyone easily. He was worried that this was another of Gary's plots.

Mag smiled. "I am Mag, the boss and head chef of Mamy Restaurant in Chaos City. They are the restaurant's service staff. We are friends of Connie. She escaped to Chaos City when she was pursued, and then became a part of our restaurant. She asked us to come and save you."

"Connie! Connie is not dead!" Romeo looked at Mag with surprise.

"Yes. She is not dead." Mag nodded.

"You said Connie and you are friends. Do you have any proof? And how are you going to save us if you are a chef from Chaos City?" Juliet looked at Mag warily. His words seemed to be full of loopholes. If this was Gary trying to humiliate them before they died, she would rather have a quick death.

"You will understand after you watch this." Mag took out a photostone, and swiped across its surface gently. A virtual image appeared in front of everyone, and it was Connie.

"I am Connie. Brother and all my relatives and friends, if you see the man with a mustache that has this photostone, please believe what he is saying. We are trying our best to rescue you all now. Please listen to his instructions." The record wasn't long, and it disappeared after saying that.

"It's Connie." Romeo looked at Juliet for confirmation.

Mag smiled. "Actually, you don't have to worry too much. I think you guys know if it's necessary for Gary to toy around with you at this point of time or not. If he still wanted to extract any information from the two of you, he wouldn't be waiting until the day that you would be sent to the gallows."

Juliet stood up with Romeo's help, and apologetically said to Mag, "My apologies. Because we have been through too much recently, we could no longer trust strangers easily."

"Please don't mention it, Madam." Mag nodded slightly.

"May I ask, where is Connie now? How is her situation?" Romeo asked urgently.

"Connie has lost contact with us at the moment. However, she will definitely appear at the conferring ceremony tonight." Mag shook his head. He, too, was wondering where Connie could have gone.

"This won't do. She is just a little girl. She will be captured by Gary and executed together with Ferdinand if she appears at the conferring ceremony." Romeo shook his head and stomped his foot in a panic.

Juliet similarly asked Mag, "How can we get in touch with Connie? Today's conferring ceremony is very dangerous, and we cannot let her get herself in danger. The chief only left behind a son and a daughter. We already cannot rescue Ferdinand, and if Connie was also captured, then the Falk Tribe would be completely in Gary's hands."

"I also couldn't get in touch with Connie now. She came back to rescue Ferdinand, so she won't be giving up so easily." Mag shook his head as he looked at their concerned faces, and continued, "My lord and lady, if you want to leave here safely, please take what I am about to say to heart."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Romeo and Juliet saw that Mag had no intention to continue their discussion, so they nodded after a moment of hesitation.

"I used the pretext of extracting your lungs to make them bring you here, and I made the 'husband and wife lung slice' the highlight dish so I could buy us more time. There will definitely be chaos at the conferring ceremony tonight, and we will bring you along with us amidst it.

"However, in order to make the other party believe that I want the two of you as ingredients, you two will have to work with me, and lie on that table during this whole process. You can take a break during this process, and I will tell you what you need to do when it's time," Mag said with a grave expression.

The two of them nodded.

Romeo still wanted to say something. "But—"

"The walls have ears, so please try to remain silent for this whole time. You two don't have to worry about the conferring ceremony," Mag interrupted Romeo's words straight away, and turned to walk to the stove.

"Perhaps they already have a plan, and we should remain quiet," Juliet said, tugging on Romeo's sleeve gently.

"Mm-hm." Romeo nodded upon hearing that. Even though he had countless questions, he eventually forced himself to quit asking.

***

"Bro, why did Father send us here to take part in this conferring ceremony? Didn't he despise Gary, that treacherous kingslayer?" Habeng asked Haga as he followed after him.

"Keep your voice low so we don't attract unnecessary trouble." Haga checked his surroundings before he said in a low voice, "The Aug Tribe is pro-war. There was the Falk Tribe's chief Isaiah maintaining the balance previously. However, Gary is taking over the position now, so Father sent us to see which side he is going to stand on so our tribe can prepare in advance too."

"Then, which side are we going to stand on?" Habeng scratched his head.

"Our tribe recuperated, and our people had a peaceful life during these 100 years of peace, so peace will be the best for us. Small tribes like ours will be cannon fodder once a war breaks out. Those big tribes would not care about us." Haga shook his head.

"That's true. There's no point in fighting a war." Habeng nodded. After a moment of thought, he smiled. "I heard that a chef from Chaos City is responsible for tonight's banquet. Do you think that could be Boss Mag?"

"Little Boss... will she be here too?" Haga had a silly smile.

"She should be. Boss Mag has never left Little Boss behind whenever he went on a trip." Habeng chuckled. "Seems like we are in for a treat tonight."

Chapter 1559: Auster of the Aug Tribe!

The sun was gradually setting, and almost all the guests from the other tribes had arrived.

In the empty field in front of the palace, hundreds of seats were set up, and the position that was the closest to the palace had 10 white jade tables set up. Only the most esteemed guests could sit there.

All the tribal representatives began to take their seats, but the seat for the guest of honor was still vacant.

Many orcs couldn't help looking over there. Everybody knew whose seat it was. The Aug Tribe's delegation hadn't arrived yet, and apparently, Auster would be making the trip personally. Hence, it attracted even more attention.

Meanwhile beyond the square, many ordinary Falk Tribe's orcs had come to watch the ceremony. Witnessing the new chief's conferring ceremony was, without a doubt, a very important affair. It meant the Falk Tribe would be entering into a new era from now on.

People were reminiscing about the kindness of Chief Isaiah, but they still had to accept the reality of brutal Gary taking the throne.

A platform was set up at the side, and dozens of gallows were set up on it in a row, with the ropes ready.

Everybody knew very well what these gallows were for. Young Master Ferdinand, the son of the former Chief Isaiah, hadn't been executed yet.

The era of Gary had arrived today, which meant the era of Isaiah had ended completely. All possible factors that could cause turmoil would be eliminated.

Young Master Ferdinand was a kind and good person like the old chief. Compared to Gary, the majority of the orcs preferred him to be their new chief.

However, such an incident was not going to happen. He would be hanged so no one would have an excuse to rebel against Gary.

***

A golden flamingo flew toward the Falk Tribe based in the canyon. A group of orcs in golden armor were standing on the flamingo's back.

"Are today's matters all properly arranged?" the orc with a square face standing in the leading position asked in a low voice.

"They are all arranged, Chief," a young orc in golden armor answered respectfully.

"Very good." The square-faced orc looked down at the Falk Tribe, and he couldn't help chuckling. "Seems like it won't be long before the whole Twilight Forest is ours."

Smiles gradually appeared on the faces of all the orcs in golden armor.

The people on the ground soon discovered the glaring flamingo, and an orc instantly loudly declared, "The Aug Tribe's delegation has arrived!"

Music sounded, and the Falk Tribe used the highest standard of etiquette to receive the Aug Tribe's delegation.

"This fellow Auster still loves to show off that flamingo of his." On a cliff, Rex watched as the flamingo landed gradually. His gaze landed on that square-faced orc on the flamingo, and he narrowed his eyes slightly.

***

"Chief, Chief Auster has arrived." A captain strode in, and reported to Gary, who was in the midst of changing his clothes.

"He loves to be the last to arrive, doesn't he? He behaves as if it's his day today." Gary smirked with a dark expression as he let the palace maids arrange his clothes for him.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

The captain lowered his head as he dared not make a reply.

"Is the banquet ready?" Gary asked again only after a while.

"Yes, we only need your order to commence the banquet," the captain respectfully replied.

"Let's go. I wanna go meet those old fogeys. They loved to laugh at me then. I want to see how many of them will be looking up to me today." Gary took the lead and strode to the door.

Basil and the captain followed after him on both of his sides.

"Chief, the defense in the inner city is all set up. No one will be able to break into the inner city again," Basil whispered behind Gary.

"Good." Gary nodded slightly.

***

In the square in front of the palace, most of the guests had already taken their seats.

The most attention-grabbing 10 white tables were already filled with people. There was only one space left in that table in the center. Auster, who wore a suit of golden armor, was especially glaring.

The chiefs or envoys of the top 10 orc tribes had already arrived, and only the main character of tonight's conferring ceremony hadn't made his appearance yet.

"The Falk Tribe's Chief Gary arrives!"

Right then, accompanied by a loud and clear announcement, Gary—who was wearing orange armor—strode surrounded by a crowd.

Everyone looked at him in unison.

"Long live the chief! Long live the chief!"

The ambiance became boisterous with the orcs' cheers.

All the nobles in the Falk Tribe stood up to welcome the arrival of Gary.

Even many tribal representatives at the main table stood up to welcome him.

Gary waved his hands to the Falk Tribe's people first before he smiled at all the chiefs and representatives. "Thank you all for coming to my conferring ceremony. Your friendship will be remembered by the Falk Tribe."

"Chief Gary looks very energetic in this Flerken armor today," Auster smilingly said to Gary.

"Chief Auster's golden armor is even more dazzling. Those who have no idea may think that you are the one who is getting conferred today," Gary also replied to Auster smilingly.

Their gazes collided in midair with a hint of explosiveness.

All the orc chiefs and representatives looked at this scene with interest. The Falk Tribe and the Aug Tribe always had a trying relationship. During Isaiah's times, their relationship was even very tense due to their different stances on diplomatic policies.

However, apparently the Aug Tribe seemed to be behind Gary's stealing the throne and killing the king.

Auster's coming to the conferring ceremony, too, had caused many reveries.

If Gary was indeed supported in taking the throne by the Aug Tribe, then the balance in the Twilight Forest would be completely broken. The number one and the number two tribes would be able to decide the orcs' diplomatic stance.

This was also what all the chiefs and representatives desperately wanted to know.

However, judging from the hostility between them, the matter most probably wasn't as rumored. Gary didn't turn into Auster's loyal supporter, and this made many medium and small tribes heave a breath of relief.

Auster chuckled at Gary. "Today's main character is definitely you, Chief Gary. The Falk Tribe is the second-largest orc tribe, and it will be ruled by you after today. To the Falk Tribe, to the Twilight Forest, and to the entire orc tribe, this is a very important moment."

Gary also hid his hostility and chuckled. "The Falk Tribe is definitely not going to let down the other tribes' expectations. We will make the orc species better together with the Aug Tribe."

The ambiance seemed to be much more cordial. The cheers and claps that had stopped for a while sounded again.

"Let the banquet begin," Gary instructed the captain at the side, and then took his seat next to Auster.

"Our esteemed guests have come a long way here. According to our Falk Tribe's customs, we will have the banquet before starting the conferring ceremony!" The captain went forward, and loudly said, "Start the banquet!"

"Start the banquet...!"

The orders were passed down, and soon palace maids wearing the same uniforms came out with trays.

"Is the Falk Tribe's main kitchen still doing the same old dishes?" the Blue Sky Tribe chief asked with a chuckle.

Many chiefs and representatives who came to the Falk Tribe for its banquet before also smiled after hearing that.

"In order to treat our esteemed guests, the chief specially invited a chef from Chaos City to take charge of the main table," the captain answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh, really?" The chief of the Blue Sky Tribe was surprised, and then swiftly said with anticipation, "Then, I would like to see what the food made by the chef from Chaos City tastes like."

Chapter 1560: Can I Borrow This Chef For A Few Days?

The palace maids came over with trays, and all the dishes were covered by the specially made metal covers. This was the main kitchen's important technique for ensuring the dishes could maintain their warmth and texture after traveling through the long streets.

Everyone's gaze was attracted. They were curious about the chef that Gary specially invited from Chaos City. They wondered what kind of delicacies he could make, and if he could really be addressed as chef.

"The first dish. Braised chicken!" the captain loudly declared.

The palace maids removed the covers on the trays at the same time. The chicken soup's rich aroma together with the shiitake mushroom's aroma emerged at the same time, and spread all over.

"Smells so good!"

The eyes of all the orcs present lit up with disbelief.

The palace maids placed a big bowl of braised chicken on the table before bowing and retreating.

The braised chicken was only available on the 10 white jade tables. The orcs at the normal tables couldn't help looking over when they smelled the aroma. They wanted to know what kind of delicacy could give out this enticing scent.

The VIPs from all the tribes also fixed their gazes on the braised chicken in the center of the table. There was a layer of gleam on the golden-brown chicken pieces, and shiitake mushrooms were adorned among them. The rich aroma whiffed over and made them gulp.

The Blue Sky Tribe's chief was the first to pick up chopsticks, and chuckled before popping a piece of chicken into his mouth. "It smells fantastic. This dish looks good, so I will dig in now."

The Blue Sky's chief's eyes lit up the moment the chicken entered his mouth. The cube of chicken was enshrouded in delicious broth, and the incredible flavor instantly set his taste buds alight as a maiden was seducing his taste buds with her delicate fingers, completely enthralling him in the process.

After biting through the cube of chicken, he discovered that the texture of the meat was extremely tender. It was completely unlike the dry and rough roast chicken he usually had. Even after swallowing the mouthful of chicken, a fragrant aroma lingered in his mouth.

"This is the best chicken dish ever! How could anybody in this world make chicken into such a delicious dish!?" the Blue Sky Chief praised with a glowing face. He had never had such scrumptious chicken meat before, or rather he should be saying that he had never had such scrumptious food before.

All the orcs couldn't help smiling after they heard him. The Blue Sky Chief was a famous foodie and definitely an orc who could be considered as someone who knew how to appreciate his food.

The Blue Sky Tribe was ranked eighth among all the tribes in the Twilight Forest. Although they were powerful, they were not very interested in fighting for territory, and got along well with all the other tribes. Hence, the Blue Sky Chief was a regular visitor in all the tribes, and had tried all the tribes' dishes.

Everyone wondered how the braised chicken that Billy heaped praises upon and which gave out such an enticing aroma tasted, so their curiosity was piqued.

"Oh! This enticing taste!"

"Is... this really chicken?!"

"Apart from the pieces being too small, I can't find any shortcomings!"

***

Praises after praises were said with amazement. Everyone was bowled over by the scrumptiousness of the braised chicken.

The guests who couldn't try the delicious braised chicken could only gulp as they smelled the aroma and listened to praises.

Gary curled his lips slightly. Even though the banquet wasn't an important part of today's ceremony, it did gain him plenty of recognition. He also used the chopsticks to pop a piece of chicken into his mouth. The delicious taste blossomed in his mouth, and made his eyes glow.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

This chef is interesting. His skills are way better than those of those old fogeys in the main kitchen. He shall be in charge of my meals in the future then, Gary thought.

The big bowl of braised chicken was soon finished, and the second dish was served right at this moment.

"The second dish—red braised pork!"

The cover was removed, and a big terracotta bowl with red braised pork was placed on the table.

The red braised pork had equal parts of fat and lean meat, and was shiny red. It was cut into big chunks, and the skin looked transparent and crystalline. The rich meat aroma chased away the remnants of the braised chicken's aroma, and snatched the center place forcefully.

Is this aroma going to subvert the number one pork in my heart?! Billy couldn't wait as he picked up a piece of red braised pork.

The red braised pork that was cut into cubes had distinct layers of skin, fat, and meat. The glistening red color and the meaty aroma made his Adam's apple move instinctively. He straight away opened his mouth, and popped the whole piece of red braised pork into his mouth.

The usually chewy skin was easily bitten apart by his teeth, and the fatty meat underneath the skin melted away in his mouth. He could chew without any resistance.

The sweet and soft red braised pork was fatty but not greasy. A gentle bite let the sweet juice out from the meat. The scrumptious taste of the red braised pork was released perfectly at this moment.

His obsession about having a big mouthful of meat was satisfied, and the rich aroma blossomed in his mouth, making him lost within the richness.

As he was a meat-lover, the wild boar meat was naturally one of his favorites. But Billy had never eaten braised meat that was so deliciously cooked. It removed the stench of the wild boar completely while braising the meat to a perfection. It was fatty yet not greasy.

All the orcs had commenced eating the red braised pork without waiting for Billy to make any comments. They were all lost in the scrumptiousness. Sounds of praises and laments could be heard one after another as they were completely enthralled.

"Boss Mag is still the absolute main character on the dining table even after changing a location," Habeng and Haga softly said as they each popped another big piece of red braised pork into their mouths with a silly smile.

At first, they weren't very willing to make the trip to the Falk Tribe, but now they were greatly satisfied. It was a rare chance to be able to enjoy Boss Mag's delicacies outside the restaurant.

"It smells so good." Haga also nodded with a silly smile. He swept his gaze in the crowd before retrieving it with a slight disappointment.

Billy put down his chopsticks. Chuckling, he asked, "Chief Gary, where did you find this chef? Can I invite him to my tribe as a guest after the ceremony is over?"

"If possible, I would also like to borrow him for a few days. This meat is simply too delicious," a chief at the side chimed in.

Everyone began to have ideas on the chef.

"I invited this chef, and given his skills, I have decided to make him stay here as the royal chef. You guys will have to wait some time before you can borrow him," Gary similarly replied with a smile. This banquet had given him a lot of prestige. It was not easy to find a chef like Mag. Gary had to make good use of him.

"The third dish: black pepper steak!"

The third dish was also served soon after. An individual helping of black pepper steak was served to everyone, and it took away all their attention again.

***

"Everyone is very satisfied with the dishes. We still haven't found any traces of Connie yet, and Ferdinand wasn't sent out, either." Camilla's voice appeared in the headset on Mag's ear.

Chapter 1561: Cephalosporin With Alcohol

Everyone was busying around in Kitchen One.

A 100-men banquet was not much of a deal to Mag, since he had more customers in his restaurant during dining hours.

Mag raised his eyebrow a little as he listened to Camilla's live reporting. His concern now was where Connie was. What was she trying to do after breaking away from the pack?

He would not be worried if she was with Rex. What he was worried about was that Rex was not in contact with her, and she might do something big suddenly during the conferring ceremony. That might cause the situation to go out of hand.

Other than Auster, there were eight other 10th-tier powerhouses from different tribes here today.

It was naturally unrealistic for Connie to assassinate Gary at such a time. Even Rex would not be able to do it.

Their failure last night meant that the plan to save Ferdinand had already failed unless there was a change in the situation.

Right now, what he had to do was to look for the source of the black fog as quickly as possible, get rid of it, and bring Connie safely out of the Twilight Forest.

"System, do you have cephalosporin?" Mag asked inside while he was preparing the insanely spicy gravy for the spicy grilled fish.

"According to the recipe, you do not need cephalosporin for spicy grilled fish," the system said sternly.

"Didn't you say that as the God of Cookery, one should have his own sense of judgment and decisiveness?" Mag pressed his lips together, and said, "Give me a serving of cephalosporin for 100 people. I'll pay 10 times the original price."

"Ding! The cephalosporin has been delivered! Note: while consuming the cephalosporin, do not take in alcohol! It would cost you your life!" the system said joyously.

"Alright," Mag replied as he split the capsule and scattered the powder on the grilled fish. An orc would not die from a little cephalosporin because of their body constitution.

***

"Just having meat alone is so boring. Chief Gary, don't you have the best wine brewer in the entire Twilight Forest in your tribe? Where's the alcohol?" Billy asked Gary with a smile.

"Serve the alcohol!" a guard standing at the side ordered. A group of palace maids came over, daintily carrying vats of wine, and walked up to the orcs. They filled up a large ceramic bowl with the alcohol for each of the orcs, and the fragrance of the alcohol diffused in a moment.

Billy picked up the big bowl and took a sip. He said with satisfaction, "Great wine!"

With good food and good wine, this banquet made all the orcs very satisfied. They even forgot that they came today for Gary's conferring ceremony.

There were even those who were already tipsy after gulping a few large bowls of alcohol.

There were some who toasted to Gary from time to time, but Gary did not drink much. Even if the others were drunk, he couldn't be drunk. The conferring ceremony had yet to begin. If he got drunk, then the conferring ceremony would be ruined.

Auster did not eat much as well, and also only took a few sips of wine out of courtesy. He leaned back in his chair and watched Gary and the other fellows who looked like they hadn't eaten good food before. The corner of his lips curled up in a seemingly mocking smile.

"The fifth dish: spicy grilled fish!"

The grilled fishes at least a meter long were served on the dining tables. The moment the metal covers were lifted, the spiciness that assailed everyone made them close their eyes instinctively. However, their noses found joy in the pungent spiciness.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

After the steam dispersed, everyone looked at the dish clearly, and could not help but hesitate a little.

The large fish that was served on the plate was something rare in the Twilight Forest, and just a look at the layer of chili spread on top of the fish made one's body start to heat up. The smell alone burned their throats. Could this really be eaten?

Chili was not a spice that could be found in the Twilight Forest. It was all brought over by merchants, and then sold at high prices to the nobles in the orc tribes.

Putting some chili in their food during the winter could bring them warmth and stimulation to their taste buds, and that was how chili slowly got in trend in recent years. Therefore, chili was not foreign to them.

However, they usually put very little chili in their food, in amounts smaller than the size of their nail, and that was already the limit for most orcs.

The amount of chili spread on the fish was probably the amount that an ordinary orc would take in in his entire life.

Therefore, all the passion for food and praises for the head chef suddenly stopped when this spicy grilled fish was served.

Everyone exchanged gazes all of a sudden, and no one dared to try the food first.

"Who uses chili like this? Is the chef a blockhead?" Auster said with a laugh. The pungent smell made his eyes hurt. It looked as though it could not be eaten.

Gary also frowned. However, he quickly smiled, and said, "The chef must have his reason for doing this. Didn't the previous few dishes please everyone?"

"There is nothing much to nitpick about other than the portions being too small," Billy said as he nodded in agreement. He picked up his chopsticks, and reached for the spicy grilled fish as he said, "Then let me have a go at this spicy grilled fish, and see how spicy it actually is. If we talk about tolerance for spiciness, no orc will be able to beat me."

His chopsticks dug into the slightly crispy fish skin, and picked up a piece of fish meat. Billy paused for a while. As a foodie, he still chose to dip the meat in the gravy before putting it into his mouth.

Clack...

Clack...

It was as though time had stopped. Billy had not taken his chopsticks out of his mouth. Everyone watched quietly as his face turned red instantly. Everything was eerily still and quiet.

What is this feeling? Why did my taste buds lose their function suddenly? It's a little numbing... and there's a little pain? Could there be poison in this fish?! Billy was completely frozen, but his mind was in complete chaos.

The pain only lasted for a moment, and after that came an explosion of numbing spiciness.

As a chief that loved spicy food, Billy would often have chili in his food every now and then. Therefore, spiciness was not a foreign taste to Billy.

However, the explosion of spiciness felt as though he had suddenly leaped from a small pond into a big ocean, with the huge waves crashing right into his face.

He felt as though a 10th-tier fire magic caster had stuffed a ball of flame into his mouth as his cavity and throat ignited instantly.

However, just when the spiciness reached his upper limit, and he was about to spit the meat out, the freshness of the fish crept into the limelight.

The crispy fish skin and tender meat were like a beauty that walked out from a lava bath, stepping on his burning throat and tongue to bring him an extraordinary experience.

"Roar...!"

After sitting quietly for five seconds, Billy suddenly leapt up, and let out an angry roar.

However, there was a twist at the end of the roar. It was filled with a joyful tone.

Billy picked up his bowl of wine, and took a large gulp with a face full of amazement, saying, "This spiciness is on another level! But the freshness of this grilled fish is one in a million! I feel as though only this level of spiciness is good enough for the freshness of this grilled fish!"

He did not have the time to go on further. Billy picked up another piece of fish with his chopsticks, and put it into his mouth. The moment he stopped, the spiciness and numbing sensation would be prolonged. As long as he did not stop eating, it was as though he could lie to his taste buds, and it would become an enjoyable sensation.

Is it that good? The orcs looked at Billy, who couldn't stop eating, and were still a little suspicious. However, some of them still picked up their chopsticks, and gave the fish a try.

There were fire-spitting, screeching, spinning on the spot, jumping around...

The different chiefs and nobles started their performance in the middle of the banquet.

Chapter 1562: Everything Might Be Different Once You're Awake

"Is it that good?"

"Such exciting performances are hard to come by."

"Gasp! The chiefs of the various tribes were dancing around on the conferring ceremony all because of..."

The orcs sitting on the ordinary seats were all shocked by the scene. They would only be able to witness a scene like this once in 100 years, so they all could not help but tiptoe and crane their necks to watch the show.

Is there a need for such a reaction by coupling his dish and my wine? Hannah stroked her chin curiously as she stood amidst the crowd. So which is better, his dish, or my wine?

As the Goddess of Wine, she naturally would have her pride.

However, as she watched the nobles perform, she started to become curious about Mag.

Hannah had always thought that Mag was a very good spy since he was chosen by the organization to do such an important mission. However, he turned out to be a chef, and a very good one at that.

When this is over, I must get him to cook up a good meal for me. If it's really that good, then, even if I don't really want to, I'll... hmph, he must really count his lucky stars... Hannah stomped her feet shyly, and started blushing because of her thoughts.

***

An orc with a straw hat rushed into a small alley outside the city. He looked at Durward, who lay crouching on the city wall, and said, "Lord Durward, there are people guarding every exit, and more than 10 of our men have already been caught. What should we do now?"

Durward turned his head to ask that orc, "How many of our men have managed to sneak in?"

"A little more than 50, including those who lay in ambush inside last night."

"That's too few." Durward frowned. Last night, they wreaked havoc in the inner city, and ended up caught in Gary's trap. Luckily, a group of mysterious people came to their rescue. Not only did they manage to escape unscathed, but even the orcs that were imprisoned because of the former chief were also released.

However, in order to escape arrest, most of them had fled from the inner city.

In the end, Gary managed to fix the city wall within a night, and even deployed more army to watch the gates.

Today was Gary's conferring ceremony and also the day Young Master Ferdinand would be executed.

If they didn't do something today, once Young Master Ferdinand was executed, it would be even harder to pull Gary down.

"We'll move in batches. Infiltrate the inner city at any cost. We must get more of our men into the inner city before the conferring ceremony starts," Durward said solemnly.

"Yes," the orc answered and left.

"Durward, you guys want to get in, right?" Just then, a deep voice sounded from the alley.

"Who is it!" Durward looked towards the alley. A glow was already starting to form at the tip of his magic caster's staff.

The young orc also pulled out his longsword nervously as he looked back at the alley.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"I'm Kernen, Jeremy's henchman." The orc walked out of the shadows slowly with his hands up.

"Stop there!" Durward shouted. He looked at Kernen warily, and said, "Take another step forward, and I will turn you into a pile of ashes! Speak, what did Jeremy send you over for?!"

"Don't misunderstand. I have no ill intentions, and Jeremy did not send me over," Kernen said, standing still as he looked at Durward.

"Jeremy has a few dogs, and you're the most famous one of them all. Do you think I will believe you?" Durward scoffed. He looked into the alley behind Kernen a little uneasily.

"If I was on his side, you would already be surrounded by the troops led by Darryl or Kurt and killed on the spot, your heads hanging on masts." Kurt put his hands down and looked at Durward. He lowered his voice, and said, "Maybe you're not aware of it yet, but your head is now worth 1,000,000 copper coins."

When Durward heard that, he frowned. He thought for a while before putting his magic caster's staff down. He looked intently at Kernen, and said, "What do you want?"

"I owe Chief Isaiah a favor. Back then, he saved my mother, who was picking herbs, from a tiger. Of course, that might be an insignificant event for the chief. A person as kind as him must have done a lot of similar deeds, but for my mother who came back with the herbs, and pulled me back from the verge of death, I owe him both my mother's life and my life. A person like him should not have died like that," Kernen said with sorrow.

"Cut all that hypocrisy. When the rebellion army broke through the city wall, you were standing right beside Jeremy. Have you ever thought of sparing the chief and his family?" Durward questioned angrily.

"I was unable to stand by the chief's side." Kernen's gaze became dimmer. However, he still looked into Durward's eyes, and said, "But I let Princess Connie off. I think she survived. Gary did not manage to find her."

"You were the one who let Connie off?!" Durward and the other orcs were overjoyed when they heard it.

"I didn't have the ability to save the chief, and could only do a little to save Princess Connie. I still owe Chief Isaiah a lot," Kernen said.

"So why are you here today?" Durward looked at Kernen with bewilderment.

"Today is the day of the conferring ceremony. Gary wants to execute Young Master Ferdinand in front of everyone, and therefore get rid of any possible chances of overthrowing him. If Young Master Ferdinand died, the chief would only be left with Princess Connie. Even the chief's loyal guard might not be able to help her become the new chief. Therefore, tonight will be the last chance." Kernen looked at Durward and took two steps forward. He lowered his voice, and said, "I'm in charge of guarding the southwestern gate today. These men I chose to bring with me are all my people. All of you, change into black armor, and when you see three torches lit at the southwestern gate, make use of the darkness of the night. I'll let you all in."

Durward was overjoyed when he heard that. He grabbed Kernen's hand, and said, "If we succeed today, we will definitely thank you greatly when the young master regains control of the Falk Tribe."

"That's what I should do. It's very dangerous after you get into the city. All of you must be very careful." Kernen grabbed Durward's hand back, and gave him a tight handshake before turning to leave quickly.

***

"Don't just drink. Come, have some ceph— fish." Mag chuckled happily as he hosted the orcs from the alley near the door who came to collect the corpses. He put a freshly grilled fish in front of them and filled their wine cup.

"This wine... this fish... perfect... superb..." an orc with a scar stuttered as he hugged a wooden pillar at the side.

The orcs at the side drank another two bowls of wine and lay on the ground, drunk, with a foolish smile hanging on their faces.

"Alright, have a few more drinks. Everything might be different once you're awake." Mag put the vat of wine down, and walked out of the alley, smiling.

"Serve the last dish. It's time for us to watch the show," Mag said as he entered the kitchen and took his apron off.

Chapter 1563: They Left Very Peacefully

"The venue was wafting with fragrance, and praises could be heard everywhere.

"This is the first time I've actually seen the nobles lose all their manners while eating, yet they can't bear to put their chopsticks down," a palace maid who was in charge of serving the dishes said a little agitatedly to Heyman.

Upon hearing that, Heyman could not help but gasp in awe. "Mr. Mag is Mr. Mag indeed. He really lives up to his name."

His main worry about such occasions would be whether the guests at the main banquet tables would be satisfied with the dishes. After all, they were all distinguished guests from various tribes, so they might have their own preferences and habits. Thus, even an experienced chef would not be able to satisfy everyone.

But Mag did it today. He used delicacies to break the habits and preferences of individuals, and turned this banquet into a festival.

"Are all the dishes served?" Heyman asked.

"He said that there was still one last dish. After that, we're done," that palace maid answered.

"Husband and wife lung slice..." Heyman's smile slowly disappeared. He was not unfamiliar with Romeo and Juliet. They were a pair of kind nobles who loved exquisite food. They were also very kind to others. If the rebellion had not happened, they would not have ended up like that.

"Go on. Be careful. It's the last dish, nothing must go wrong." Heyman raised his hand to signal the palace maid to go off.

The palace maids brought the final dish out, and Heyman strolled over to Kitchen One slowly. Just as he was about to knock on the door, Mag pushed the door open and walked out.

"Supervisor Heyman, what a coincidence. I was about to look for you," Mag said to Heyman.

"Oh? What is it, Mr. Mag?" Heyman asked with a smile.

Mag smiled, and said, "The dishes have all been served, and the chief's conferring ceremony was such a rare occurrence, not to mention it's the conferring ceremony of a big tribe like the Falk Tribe. I was thinking if I could bring my child and ladies to watch the ceremony."

"Tonight's banquet was very successful. The nobles from the other tribes were full of praises for your cooking. Since the dishes are all served, if you want to watch the ceremony, I can report to the higher-ups and bring you guys along," Heyman said with a smile and a nod.

"Then I'll have to trouble you, Supervisor Heyman," Mag said gratefully, and appeared to be very excited.

Heyman glanced into the kitchen and hesitated as he started, "The husband and wife..."

"They left very peacefully," Mag said with a smile.

"That's great... That's great..." Heyman looked at Mag with a complicated expression. He nodded and turned to leave.

"The couple has been moved successfully, and so were the fellows in the back alley," Babla said softly as she appeared behind Mag.

Mag nodded slightly, and softly said, "Very good. Let's get ready to watch the ceremony. If there's a chance, we still have to give it a try."

"Father, what was the powder that you put into the grilled fish just now?" Amy asked curiously as she walked beside Mag.

"It's a kind of drug that would make our enemies a lot easier to handle," Mag explained with a smile. In the end, he only added the cephalosporin to the fish for Gary's table. Based on their strength as a 10th-tier, and their body constitution, the amount that he added would only help the alcohol in Hannah's wine kick in so they would get drunk more easily.

Other than saving Ferdinand, Mag's most important mission tonight would be to find the source of the black fog and get rid of it.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

He had to ensure that he could be in control of the situation while carrying out his mission, so a good way to lower his enemies' abilities would be to make them drunk.

The black fog was the top priority for tonight, so he was willing to use any method or means.

"Cover Ugly Duckling with its black sack so others don't see it." Mag pulled out a black cloth bag and covered Ugly Duckling with it, only leaving half of its head out for it to breathe.

"Meow~?~" Ugly Duckling peeked its head out, and looked at Mag with bewilderment.

"Ugly Duckling, do as I taught you later, and I'll prepare grilled fish specially for you without chili," Mag said with a smile to Ugly Duckling.

╰(*°▽°*)╯

"Meow, meow, meow~" Ugly Duckling's eyes shone like little stars.

Heyman arranged things very quickly, and in about 10 minutes, Mag and the rest were seated in a glossy black horse-drawn carriage bringing them to the venue.

Mag lifted a corner of the curtain to look out through the window. There weren't many people on the streets, but there was an orc guard every 20 meters or so. The security was very tight.

On the way, they were even stopped three times for checks, but since Heyman applied for an all-access pass, they could go through very smoothly with almost no checks at all.

The horse-drawn carriage came to a halt.

"We've arrived." The unnatural voice of the coachman came amidst the chaotic noises.

Mag and the rest alighted from the horse-drawn carriage, and arrived at the outer ring of the venue. The place was filled with people, and the dozens of torches lit the place up brightly.

The banquet was coming to an end, and the palace maids had started to clear the plates. This meant that the conferring ceremony was about to begin.

The coachman sternly said, "According to the regulations, all of you can only watch the ceremony from here. You're not allowed to go anywhere. I will be watching all your movements here. If any of you violates the rules, I will—"

Bam!

With a swift move, the unfinished words, together with the coachman, were stuffed into the carriage.

Mag stopped the horse-drawn carriage at the side where most of the carriages were parked. He turned to the others, who were looking at him in shock, and said, "Let's go in front to take a look." Then, he walked ahead.

"Wow, I feel that Boss is getting cooler," Yabemiya told Elizabeth softly.

Elizabeth frowned slightly. She looked intently at Mag's back thoughtfully, and somehow found it very familiar, but she could not seem to put her finger on it. The masked man unknowingly surfaced in her mind.

Babla made a path through space distortion so that they could easily squeeze to the first row and take a good spot.

"Have you found her?" Mag said softly towards the walkie-talkie.

"I haven't found traces of Connie. I will continue to keep a lookout for her." Camilla's voice came over quickly.

"Be careful," Mag reminded her. He watched the figure in orange armor slowly make its way towards the elevated platform.

Needless to say, that had to be the main character of today's conferring ceremony, Gary the Kingslayer.

Looks aside, that orange armor was enough to put Mag to shame. It gave off an orangey vibe.

Of course, what Mag cared about most was whether he had the aura of the black fog on him.

Mag's current top suspect was Gary.

"He did have the aura of the black fog and evilness on him. However, it was way weaker compared to that on Borg and Alfred. It might be because the black fog is still quite small." Irina's voice came from the headset.

Chapter 1564: All His Life, He Had Never Been A Letdown To Lord Flerken's Choice

"Indeed." Mag squinted a little. His target is locked. Gary did have something to do with the black fog.

However, since that was the case, he would go all out with Gary today. The mission ended tonight, so he had to kill Gary before that and get rid of the black fog.

There were a lot of powerhouses present. At the main table in the center was an orc in golden armor. He should be the most powerful orc in the entire race, Auster. Compared to the other 10th-tier powerhouses at the same table, his aura was way greater.

Of the top 10 orc tribes, four of the chiefs came and three other tribes sent their representatives. They had very distinct characteristics that showed which tribes they were from.

Before he came, Mag read up on a lot of information about the orc tribes, so he had a certain level of understanding for each of the tribes.

The Falk Tribe was a little weaker compared to the Aug Tribe. However, the former chief, Isaiah, used his charisma and kind attitude towards the other tribes to garner a lot of support from the other tribes. Therefore, the Falk Tribe could be in a sort of equilibrium with the Aug Tribe.

After Isaiah passed away in the rebellion, this equilibrium was tipped.

Most of the tribes who sent representatives over supported the Falk Tribe and stood on their side previously. There were two other tribes who simply didn't send anyone over to attend the conferring ceremony. The chiefs of the two tribes were pretty close with Isaiah.

Auster and Gary had an ambiguous relationship. Mag could not possibly do anything during the conferring ceremony, so he could only wait for the ceremony to end and the audience to leave before finding a chance to take action.

Gary went up the elevated platform in the middle of the venue. The four torches blazing at each of the four corners of the elevated platform lit his orange armor up brightly.

"Thank you all for coming to the Falk Tribe Chief Conferring Ceremony!" the captain shouted at the top of his lungs below the stage. "Our new chief: Chief Gary! He will be crowned as king, witnessed by Flerken, and become the new chief of the Falk Tribe!"

There was a roar of applause and cheers.

Gary looked at the orcs who were cheering for him, and the corners of his lips slowly rose. He had been waiting for this moment long enough.

More than a century ago, he was downstage, looking at Isaiah standing up here while getting crowned as the people cheered and Flerken congratulated him, thus casting Gary far behind him.

From that moment on, he swore to himself that one day, he would take over Isaiah's place and stand up here openly to step all over those fellows who once mocked and ridiculed him, and to make everyone applaud and cheer for him.

Now, he finally did it.

Isaiah was dead. The ones who mocked him were all dead.

Gary opened his arms wide, and loudly said, "This is the choice of the mighty Flerken. He bestowed upon me great strength to carry the responsibility of leading the Falk Tribe onwards! I, Gary Bellock, shall inherit Lord Flerken's will and become the ruler of the Falk Tribe!"

He shone and glimmered under the bright lights.

The people of the Falk Tribe were all looking at him. There were ardent supporters and also those in deep sorrow.

"Hm? Father, look. That uncle is dressed in the same color as Ugly Duckling," Amy said, looking surprised as she pointed at Gary.

"Meow." Ugly Duckling let out a soft meow, and cast a disdainful glance at Gary.

"Yes." Mag's lips moved as he tried hard to suppress his laughter. He looked around, and saw the execution stage not far away.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

There were dozens of gallows standing on the stage, and that looked rather creepy.

If nothing went wrong, Ferdinand, whom they had searched for in vain, would soon be brought up to the gallows, and would then be publicly executed, marking the start of Gary's era.

"Isaiah is the Falk Tribe's criminal. During his rule, he went against and insulted Lord Flerken, put the evil people in power, and harmed the ordinary people..." Gary started to list the 10 crimes that Isaiah committed during his reign. Each of the crimes was abhorrent, portraying Isaiah as an immoral and violent ruler.

The nobles sitting at the normal tables started agreeing loudly, as though the ruler that they were proud of just a few months ago suddenly killed their fathers.

In contrast, the ordinary orcs were rather quiet. Several of them lowered their heads in silence.

This fellow really cannot be compared to Isaiah. Auster looked at Gary, who was glowing, and scoffed. He leaned back in his chair in a relaxed manner. He was here today to watch a show, and hopefully he would not be disappointed.

Of the chiefs and representatives present, some of them were gloating, while some were silent.

"Lord Flerken chose me to end Isaiah's reign to save our people from misery. There are still some who have yet to give up, and are attempting to reinstate the tyrant ruler's reign by helping the tyrant ruler's son become the new tyrant." Gary pointed towards the gallows.

A secret passageway appeared on the ground in front of the execution stage. A frail young orc was brought out through the passageway with his hands tied together.

"It's Young Master Ferdinand!"

The people from the Falk Tribe recognized the young orc very quickly, and could not help but exclaim in astonishment.

"He's Ferdinand?" Mag looked at the frail young orc. He looked around 16 to 17 years old, and he had short, messy brown hair. He was so pale that there was almost no color to him, and had a pair of pinkish-white orc ears on his head, exactly like Connie's. Indeed, he was just like Hannah described him—a meek bottom with weak kidneys.

However, what shocked Mag the most was his pure black eyes. There was not a single white in those eyes that remained eerily black under the flaming torches.

"There's an evil aura on him too. It is similarly very faint, but there's something sinister about it, yet I can't put my finger on it..." Irina's voice sounded in Mag's ear.

"How... is this possible?" Mag squinted. He looked at Ferdinand in bewilderment as the latter was brought up the execution stage step by step. He was Connie's brother, the one she risked her life to save, and was even the eldest son of the former chief Isaiah. How could he have an evil aura?

Ferdinand's appearance caused quite a commotion. The nobles were still cursing as they concurred with Gary, while the ordinary orcs behind the fence started to surge forward.

"Young Master Ferdinand is such a kind person. He's kind and loyal, just like the former chief."

"Ya, what a pity. He should have become our new chief."

Some of the older orcs could not help but lament in pity.

The guards standing in front of the fence started to hit the orcs who were rushing forward with the batons in their hands. At the same time, they pulled out their swords and sabers to warn the crowd to back off.

Amidst the crowd, Durward raised the magic caster's staff in his hand slowly. There were many orcs who had squeezed their way to the front, and they also pulled out the weapons they'd hidden under their coats.

Gary looked at Ferdinand, who already had the rope put around his neck, with a scoff and said, "Ferdinand, you and Isaiah committed heinous crimes against the Falk Tribe. Today, you shall be hung to death on this execution stage to end the dark period of your family's reign. Do you have anything else to say?"

"If the 100 years that my father led the Falk Tribe through are considered a form of torture and harm, please let me offer my most sincere apologies right here on his behalf." Ferdinand looked at the orcs around, and said in a loud and sincere voice, "He died in the hands of his most trusted brother. The city gates were opened by rebels, and the palace was attacked by the rebellion army. In order to protect his dignity as chief and the glory of Flerken, he fought till the very last moment! All his life, he had never been a letdown to Lord Flerken's choice, to the people, and to his children, as a ruler and a father!"

The shouting nobles slowly grew silent. They started to look away, afraid to meet eyes with Ferdinand.

"Isaiah!"

"Isaiah!"

"Isaiah!!!"

Behind the fence, the orcs started shouting with fury as the crowd started pushing forward.

Gary's expression changed, and he quickly said, "Lies to deceive the people! E-execute him!"

Chapter 1565: I Didn't Have A Choice In The Past

Not only did Ferdinand not beg for forgiveness, but he was also louder and more confident as he exposed Gary's lies and defamation.

The orcs who had been living in fear started to miss the peaceful times when Chief Isaiah was in reign. They looked at Ferdinand, and started to think if the Falk Tribe could go back to the past if Young Master Ferdinand became the new chief.

The expressions of the nobles who were sitting in the VIP area were also a little different. They knew very well what kind of chief Isaiah was to the Falk Tribe for the past century, and they did not have to bootlick a tyrant ruler every day out of fear back then.

The chiefs and representatives of the other tribes looked at Ferdinand with different expressions. Some of them felt sympathy, while others felt pity for this only son of Isaiah.

Billy looked at Ferdinand as he lamented, "What a pity. If there hadn't been a rebellion, he would have been the next Isaiah of the Falk Tribe. If he had a child, then they would be the ruler of the Twilight Forest." He could see Isaiah in him.

"Hehe... Interesting." Auster crossed his legs as he carried on watching the show.

He looks like a bottom, but he talks like a top. Mag was surprised by Ferdinand. From the corner of his eyes, he could see some of the orcs around him pulling out their weapons. It seemed like chaos would begin soon. He lowered his voice, and asked, "Have you found her?"

"Not yet," Camilla replied.

"She's not here?" Mag frowned. Camilla would not have missed Connie with her night vision ability, but why wouldn't she be here today at such an important moment?

"Young Master!" Durward teared up. He watched Ferdinand intently, as though he saw the former chief standing on the elevated platform saying his oath back then.

The young master's speech and behavior were in no way a shame to the former chief's reputation, and he also did not disappoint his supporters.

The orcs pulled out their weapons, and their eyes glimmered. They were willing to give their all, including their lives, for the future of the Falk Tribe.

Gary was a little taken aback by Ferdinand's words. The nephew who appeared to be bad with words suddenly coming up with a speech like this really caught him off guard.

Not only did Gary not enjoy the thrill of being victorious, Ferdinand's words even made the violence that he had been suppressing all this while break free.

"Execute him!" Gary ordered coldly as he spat the words syllable by syllable. This fellow is just as hateful as his father.

"Gary! You usurped the throne by killing the king, your brother. Lord Flerken would never choose someone like you to become the chief of the Falk Tribe!" Ferdinand continued loudly. "People, in the name of Lord Flerken, let's fight back! Let's kill the kingslayer! Let's bring the Falk Tribe back to where it belongs, under the glory of Lord Flerken!"

"Fight back?" Gary looked around at the people below the stage and outside. He smirked, and said, "I do want to see who dares to go against me."

Whoosh!

An arrow came flying over from the darkness, shooting the orc who was about to hang Ferdinand right between his brows, and pinning him to the gallow.

Orcs who were lying in ambush everywhere in the venue started dashing towards the guards as though a signal had been sounded, making their way towards the execution stage.

When Gary saw those orcs dashing in the crowd, he gave a stern order. "Kill them!"

Pssst...

Just then, there was a sound of something tearing.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Gary lowered his head and looked at the dagger that pierced right through his abdomen. He then turned his head around, and watched in disbelief and shock as Basil lowered his hands and took two steps back. He swayed and fell to his knees as he put his hand over his chest. He looked at Basil with anger and indignation as he asked, "Wh-why?"

"Chief Gary!"

Everyone could not help but exclaim at the scene. They watched in disbelief as Basil successfully assassinated Gary, causing him to fall to the ground, and seriously injuring him.

Basil was Gary's best general, and also his trusted aide. How could he suddenly assassinate him at this moment?

The chiefs and representatives from the other tribes could not sit still anymore. At first, they thought they were just here to attend a conferring ceremony. They did not expect the situation to turn so chaotic. All of a sudden, they had no idea what to do.

"Hm? Counterstrike? A spy? A double agent?" Mag was completely baffled when he saw that scene.

After Ferdinand's life was no longer threatened, and Gary's top general turned around to injure him, the situation was totally reversed.

Mag was unable to foresee this situation based on the information the Gray Temple gave him. He also did not expect that Basil, the 10th-tier orc that Gary trusted, a fellow who looked so honest and loyal, would actually turn against him suddenly.

"Basil, what are you doing!?" Darryl and Kurt, who were both standing below the stage, shouted almost simultaneously while looking at Basil in shock.

"I am doing the right thing according to Lord Flerken's guidance!" Basil looked at Darryl and Kurt, and sincerely said to them, "I didn't have a choice in the past, but right now, I want to be a good person and choose a good chief for the tribe."

"Ferdinand!"

"Ferdinand!"

"Chief Ferdinand!!!"

The chants got louder, and the voices very quickly echoed around the entire venue and the entire inner city!

Everyone swarmed up to the execution stage and shouted Ferdinand's name. Even the nobles started to join in the chants.

"Darryl, Kurt, kill this betrayer and Ferdinand for me. In the future, the three of us will rule different parts of the Falk Tribe together!" Gary said to gritted teeth to Darryl and Kurt.

Darryl's and Kurt's expressions changed. They exchanged glances and could see the hesitation in each other's eyes. Gary's words were very enticing, no doubt, but now that the situation had gotten out of hand, even they might not be able to kill Basil and Ferdinand to regain control.

"To all the tribesmen who had been threatened or beguiled by Gary, if you can wake up and join me in punishing the kingslayer, the crimes that you've once committed can be pardoned. I guarantee that from today onwards, I will let bygones be bygones!" Ferdinand announced loudly on the execution stage after the chains and ropes on him were removed.

"Gary killed his brother to usurp the throne, beguiled and threatened us. His crimes are punishable by death. Darryl is willing to obey the command of Young Master Ferdinand!" Darryl was the first to kneel in front of Ferdinand.

Kurt quickly kneeled down as he loudly proclaimed, "Kurt is willing to obey too!"

"You... You two..." Gary was stupefied. He did not think that on the day of the conferring ceremony, there would be so much betrayal going on. He turned to Auster, and pleaded, "Chief Auster, please help me to rid my tribe of the betrayers. After this, I would definitely keep my promise!"

"This is the internal affairs of the Falk Tribe. I represent the Aug Tribe. It's not appropriate for me to intervene too much in case of unnecessary trouble. Please settle this yourself," Auster said with a smile.

Chapter 1566: Every One Of You... Has To Die

Gary, the proud new chief who was just conferred, became a bad apple that nobody wanted to be associated with.

The sudden disparity made many people unable to react.

"So, whose conferring ceremony are we here to attend today?" Habeng asked softly.

Haga instead pointed at a few figures in the crowd, and asked, "See, is that Boss Mag and the Little Boss?"

"Seems like them." Habeng looked at where he was pointing, and nodded when he saw the familiar white double ponytails.

Mag narrowed his eyes when he looked at Auster and Ferdinand, who had a faint smile on the gallows.

The developments had indeed exceeded his expectations in many areas. Ferdinand's heroic speech had gained him the support of many ordinary orcs. Basil's lethal betrayal had seriously injured Gary before he made that classic speech. Auster, who was supposed to support Gary, chose to watch the show at the side and not interfere at this time. This meant he was going to watch Gary fail completely.

Mag wasn't going to believe all these were pure coincidence.

It reeked of a conspiracy, and combining all the factors, they all converged onto Ferdinand.

This thin and weak youth was obviously in charge of the entire situation this whole time as he retaliated one step at a time and established his prestige and status. He was so scheming that he didn't resemble a youth. Mag even thought that there was some connection between him and Auster.

The kingslayer was utterly isolated, while the prince returned to save his people living in dire suffering, and became the new chief whom his people adored... This show seemed rather good.

"Wow. Seems like Connie's big brother is someone very formidable. He didn't even need us to subdue the bad guys." Yabemiya was amazed.

"Then, did Big Sister Connie receive the news in advance, and that's why she didn't come?" Amy asked curiously.

Mag also thought of a certain possibility when he heard that. If Connie met Ferdinand last night, and they had a conversation, it became completely plausible as to why she didn't appear in the team to kidnap the chief today.

However... Mag still felt that something wasn't quite right.

Where did the evil presence on Ferdinand come from?

If Gary died today, then the source of that black fog and the clues would all point to Ferdinand. He couldn't ignore that point.

Without his power, without his subordinates' loyalty, and without the powerful external assistance, Gary shakily stood up with his hand upon his chest as he looked at Ferdinand with a pathetic smile. He chuckled with self-deprecation. "Even Isaiah had perished in my hands. I didn't expect to suffer a defeat in your hands, little imp. I didn't expect you would have such shrewdness and maneuvers that even my most trusted subordinate has become your man."

Ferdinand calmly replied, "The Falk Tribe is loyal to Lord Flerken. They simply only obey the Lord's instructions. Gary, from the moment you disobeyed the Lord's will and instructions, you were already destined to lose."

"Flerken doesn't exist! There are no gods in this world! Evil and terror are coming to this world eventually, and nobody is able to stop all this!" Gary suddenly exclaimed agitatedly. His gaze swept over the crowd as he revealed an eerie smile. He reached back to grab that dagger that was lodged in his chest, and pulled it out. He then stabbed it hard into his heart with that weird smile on his face as he said, "Every one of you... has to die."

Every one of you... has to die.

This terrible mutter lingered on in everyone's ears for a long time before it finally went away.

Gary's body collapsed to the ground slowly, and blood unhurriedly spread out beneath his body. His eyes were still staring at the pitch-dark sky with an eerie smile, as if he was welcoming something.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Everyone was looking at Gary's body with fear on their faces. What was the meaning of the words that he said before he died? It made them fearful.

Evil and terror are coming to this world eventually. Every one of you... has to die... Mag looked at Gary's lifeless body, and was disappointed that he couldn't get more information about the black fog and the evil from him.

If he was the final boss, Mag still felt that something was missing.

Mag scanned through the mission column in his brain. The mission process for eradicating the black fog was still zero. This meant that Gary's death didn't bring any advancement for the black fog's mission!

In another word, he simply wasn't the source of the black fog!

Gary's death brought upon a shadow of terror on everyone, and plunged them into an eerie silence.

Ferdinand went up, and said with pain, "The Kingslayer is already dead, and this would console my father, Chief Isaiah, and many of our people who suffered and died in the rebellion!"

Darryl came up, and loudly exclaimed, "Gary shamelessly killed his chief and wreaked havoc on the tribe. We are all willing to serve Young Master Ferdinand as our chief!"

Kurt also rushed up, and loudly exclaimed, "We are all willing to serve Young Master Ferdinand as our chief!"

"Young Master Ferdinand is Chief Isaiah's only son, so he already is the heir apparent of the chief. We are all willing to serve you as our chief!" Basil said with a bow.

All the Falk Tribe's people knelt down, and loudly exclaimed, "We are all willing to serve you as our chief!"

All the orcs were looking at Ferdinand with glowing eyes, as if they had picked a wise leader for themselves. The ambiance was full of extreme excitement. Gary's era was snuffed out as soon as it began, and Ferdinand's era was about to begin.

"Old chief, I didn't let you down. Young Master will become the chief after you and continue to lead the Falk Tribe forward," Durward muttered as he wiped his tears off.

Auster got up, and lamented, "I didn't expect I would be witnessing a moment like this. Chief Isaiah and I could be considered as old friends. It warms my heart to see that his son could take over his position. Since everything is ready, why not confer Young Master Ferdinand right now."

"The evil presence on him is growing rapidly, as if it has just absorbed the fearful emotions from the people present." Irina's solemn voice appeared in Mag's ear.

Growing stronger by absorbing the fearful emotions? Mag was also looking at Ferdinand with a grave expression. Judging from this, he was the mission's actual target and the real master of the black fog.

"I am still young and not powerful enough. How could I be the chief of the Falk Tribe? Please elect another of my capable and powerful tribesmen as the chief to lead us so we won't let the tribe's awe and name down," Ferdinand humbly replied. His eyes met Auster's briefly, and both their lips curled at the same time.

"You are indeed not fit to be the chief. Otherwise, Father's, Mother's, and Grandmother's soul can never rest in peace." Right at that time, a cold voice sounded. A petite figure walked out from the crowd as she removed the black cloak she was wearing.

Chapter 1567: You Must Be Disappointed That I Didn't Die, Right?

"Princess Connie!"

All the orcs couldn't help but exclaim when they saw the maiden in black.

Her petite figure, wavy hair, and pinkish-white animal ears were perky under the glow of the firelight. That adorable face was grave as she glared at Ferdinand.

Connie's sudden appearance had indeed shocked many orcs. After all, there were rumors since the very beginning that Princess Connie and Chief Isaiah had died together in the rebellion.

But she was now standing here alive, and saying all these unexpected words to Young Master Ferdinand.

One had to know that Young Master Ferdinand had just converted many of Gary's trusted subordinates and rebels, killed Gary, escaped from the gallows, and was about to be conferred as the new chief.

"Connie! You are still alive!" Ferdinand was also stunned to see Connie. He soon ecstatically said, "This is great. I was so afraid that I would be the only one left in this world. It's great that you are still alive."

That sincere smile and loving gaze showed the concern that an older brother had for a sister. It was so touching.

Yes. Princess Connie was the beloved daughter of the Falk Tribe, and was deeply favored by Chief Isaiah. Young Master Ferdinand also doted on her.

Perhaps what happened recently was a huge blow to her, so that was why she had changed.

This lass... Auster looked at Connie with narrowed eyes. There was a hint of suspicion and danger in them.

Meanwhile, the other chiefs and representatives all chose to keep quiet and watch the situation unfold.

"Seems like Connie has also discovered something." Mag pondered as he looked at the back of Connie, who was clenching her fists tightly. She only chose to hide in the crowd and appear now, so she had to have known that all this was going to happen.

"I didn't expect she could change her appearance and hide so well. I thought it was an old lady." Camilla's resigned voice came through the headset.

"The little one has even fooled me too. Her talent is indeed very good," Rex muttered to himself with consolation in the distant crowd. However, he was beginning to look at Ferdinand with a doubtful gaze. He sensed a familiar presence in him that unsettled him, but he couldn't recall what it was.

"Ferdinand, do you not feel ashamed when you utter those words?" Connie looked at Ferdinand and pursed her lips. "You must be disappointed that I didn't die, right?"

The square was in complete silence.

Everyone that was standing in between Connie and Ferdinand backed off. All the orcs were looking at Connie and Ferdinand restlessly. They didn't understand why the ambiance between the siblings, who met after such an ordeal, was so weird.

The smile on Ferdinand's face froze gradually. However, he quickly changed to a heartache-filled expression as he told Connie, "It's all my fault. I didn't protect you. If Father and they knew, they wouldn't forgive me. Don't worry, Connie. From today on, big brother will protect you, and no one will be able to hurt you again."

All the orcs heaved a breath of relief. Young Master Ferdinand was indeed a very gentle and responsible man. He treated his sister so gently and kindly, so he would definitely treat his people like Chief Isaiah.

"Stop pretending to be kind. I have read all about it in Grandma's diary." Connie took out a thick parchment book and a bloody strip of cloth from a cloth bag at her waist. She lifted them high over her head as she pointed a fair finger at Ferdinand with reddened eyes, and said, "You are no longer my big brother, Ferdinand. You have been bewitched by the devil and given your soul to the terrible and evil presence! It's you who had bewitched Gary and made him rebel and kill everyone in the palace! It's you who had bewitched Basil and made him kill Gary! All this is your conspiracy!

"You used Gary's hands to kill Father and Grandma who had seen through your conspiracy. You killed my mother and everyone who knew you! You must be disappointed that I didn't die, right?

"Ferdinand, you're not fit to be the chief of the Falk Tribe! You will cause the Falk Tribe to be bewitched by the devil just like the Urba Tribe years ago. It will descend into a crazy cannibalism and eventually destroy everything!

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"I cannot... I absolutely cannot watch you destroy everything that Father had spent his life defending!"

The scene was in complete silence. The orcs looked at the parchment book and the bloody cloth that Connie was holding high above her head with shocked and confused expressions. Was everything that Princess Connie said real?

"The Urba Tribe..." The chief of the Blue Sky Tribe, Billy, suddenly stood up and stared at Connie in disbelief. He had a close friend who was one of the Urba Tribe's 10th-tier powerhouses then.

Billy even rushed to the Urba Tribe personally on that day. He would still have flashbacks about the immensely horrific scene now. He couldn't imagine what could've happened on that day to cause such a horrific scene.

He almost didn't see a complete corpse. The terrible wounds looked as if they were torn apart by some wild beasts. No one in the entire tribe was left alive.

What was even more terrifying was the facial expressions on those corpses. They all had a scary twisted smile on their faces. There was no fear... they were laughing instead!

This incident shocked the orc species. The scary crime scene even triggered a huge panic. Later, news got out that it was the Hairless Monk who massacred the Urba Tribe for revenge. Much evidence was dug out, and this incident was eventually concluded.

However, as a person who had been to the crime scene and saw those bodies personally, Billy always had serious reservations about this conclusion. A lot of doubts still couldn't be explained even after the Hairless Monk was captured.

However, right now, Connie was saying that the Urba Tribe wasn't massacred by the Hairless Monk. The horrible cannibalism happened because the tribe was bewitched by the evil god and devil. Those bitten marks, scattered limbs, and scary expressions were caused by them.

Billy's gaze landed on Gary's body on the platform. Yes. They were glaring like that with a weird smile.

Billy felt as if his heart was suddenly grasped by someone, and his breathing began to hasten. If all this was real... Did that mean that the devil really existed!?

"Debbie..." Rex saw the diary that Connie was holding above her head. He suddenly clenched his fists as he realized why the presence around Ferdinand felt familiar. The memory that he had deliberately buried suddenly surged up. On that terrible night, the thick black fog in the sky over the Urba Tribe had this presence which made people go crazy.

So, that was it. Mag's train of thoughts became instantly clear too. He couldn't help feeling sorry for Connie when he looked upon her petite back. This entire day and night that they lost contact had to have been extremely tormenting for her.

"It seems like you have been frightened out of your mind." Ferdinand's expression didn't show any hint of guilt because of Connie's accusation. Instead, he ordered the orc next to him with heartache and self-rapprochement, "Bring Connie away first. Take good care of her. I will bring the best doctor to treat her later."

Chapter 1568: This Batch Of Orcs Is Even Worse Than The Batch Of Orcs Then

With a simple explanation of being terrified, Ferdinand had classified Connie's behavior as throwing a tantrum after she had been overly scared.

The orcs pondered after hearing that. Compared to polite and perfectly calm Ferdinand, Princess Connie's words were indeed alarming and illogical. Furthermore, using the Urba Tribe as a comparison was even incomprehensible.

"This..."

The orcs from the all tribes who had seen the scene at the Urba Tribe themselves revealed thoughtful expressions. They would never forget that scene for the rest of their lives. It indeed didn't look like the scene of a normal massacre. Even a massacre wouldn't be so terrifying.

"Father said before that the Urba Tribe couldn't have been massacred by the Hairless Monk alone. Perhaps it is indeed as that little maiden said, they were bewitched by the devil?" Habeng asked softly with surprise.

"We cannot decide. Let's ask Father after we get back." Haga suddenly took out a photostone, and recorded Gary's body on the platform for a moment before focusing on Ferdinand.

Did this chap really make a deal with the devil? The thing that he wanted to give me, could it be... Auster also narrowed his eyes at Ferdinand, and sunk deep in thought.

"Allow me to escort Princess Connie back to the palace for her rest." Kurt immediately walked toward Connie as he was desperate to prove his allegiance to his new chief.

The crowd around them took a few steps back instinctively, as if they were trying to keep their distance from Connie.

Connie unfurled the bloody letter in her hands, and looked at Ferdinand furiously. "Ferdinand, are you feeling guilty? This is the bloody letter that I have found in Grandma's room. She wanted me to stay away from you and the tribe. She had already foreseen the future of the Falk Tribe. She knew I couldn't stop all this, so she wanted me to escape from here and from you."

The blood had already turned brown, but from that messy handwriting, they could see how fearful the person was when she had written that bloody letter. If this really came from Madam Debbie, what would that imply?

"Princess Connie, let me bring you back to your chamber to rest. You must be exhausted." Kurt walked to Connie smilingly, and extended his hand toward her.

"Take back your filthy hand, bastard!" An angry roar thundered.

Kurt paled instantly, and put his arms across his body instinctively.

A giant shoe appeared right in front of his face. It stomped on the hand blocking in front of his face, and kicked his face.

Kurt's face distorted instantly, and he was stomped into the ground with a fearful expression.

Bam!

Gravel flew around, and a giant crater appeared in the ground. Kurt's two legs were stuck high in the air as they twitched unnaturally.

A tall and strapping orc with short hair appeared in front of Connie. He was stepping on Kurt's head with one foot with a fearsome facial expression.

"What?!"

All of the orcs were staring at Kurt who was stomped into the ground with shock. Lord Kurt was the 10th-tier powerhouse of the Falk Tribe, and yet he was stomped into the ground so easily. What was that fellow?!

"The Hairless Monk!" Darryl exclaimed as he stared at the orc who suddenly appeared.

They just had an altercation yesterday, so of course he could recognize who he was. With fear and fury, he said to Rex, "You came to Young Master Ferdinand last night, and now the young master is already here. Why are you still hurting Kurt then?"

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Hairless Monk!"

All the orcs broke into a commotion upon hearing that. The orcs who were standing close to them immediately backed dozens of meters away from them as they stared at that short-haired orc who had his foot on Kurt.

The notoriety of the Hairless Monk had only increased in the past 100 years. He was still the number one bad guy of the Twilight Forest, an existence who could stop the children crying with his name alone.

When the entire Urba Tribe was annihilated then, the crime scene was extremely terrifying, and the culprit was this fellow right in front of them.

However, wasn't he already captured and locked up in the Bastie Prison in Chaos City? Why was he appearing here? And why was he attacking Kurt?

Auster also stood up immediately, and yelled, "Rex! I didn't expect you would dare to appear in the Twilight Forest again!"

All the chiefs also stood up, and looked at Rex warily with nervous expressions.

"I am her master, so tell me, why am I stepping on him?" Rex turned his gaze to Ferdinand, and solemnly said, "Debbie was right. The evil presence on you is no different from the black fog that was consolidating in the sky above the Urba Tribe that day. It came from the devil, and it was going to welcome the arrival of the devil. It would bring a devastating catastrophe to the tribe. The Urba Tribe is your example. Connie came back to save you, but you have already sold your soul to the devil. You killed your father to ascend to the throne! You forced Debbie to her death! A fellow like you should be executed!"

Was that really the devil who was exercising his evil influence? Billy looked at Rex. He had always wanted to kill Rex for the past 100 years to avenge his good friend, but now he couldn't help wondering if it had been correct to pin the crime on Rex.

Ferdinand looked at Rex, and a hint of panic flashed through his eyes. He took two steps back instinctively, but he soon stopped himself and regained his composure. With a pained expression, he said, "Connie, why are you taking someone who is a sinner to be your master? No wonder you would say those words earlier. I don't blame you. You must have been brainwashed by the Hairless Monk.

"If the devil really exists in this world, he must be the most terrifying one. Otherwise, he wouldn't have annihilated the Urba Tribe. He even split open the stomach of a newborn child!"

"Yes! How dare a devil accuse the young master?!"

"Princess Connie actually addressed the Hairless Monk as her master! This is an insult to the tribe!"

The orcs from the Falk Tribe began to chime in with acknowledgement. They were looking at Rex with a hateful and fearful gaze. They were also looking at Connie with a disgusted gaze.

Almost everyone was taking Ferdinand's side. The doubtful voice had almost completely disappeared.

"All the chiefs and powerhouses present here, I, Ferdinand, on behalf of the Falk Tribe, humbly ask all of you to subdue this evil Hairless Monk and prevent a disaster for the Falk Tribe after our power was severely impaired. We don't want a repeat of the Urba Tribe's tragedy. We, the Falk Tribe, will always remember your kindness!" Ferdinand loudly declared to all the chiefs and representatives with a sincere look.

All the chiefs had a hesitant expression upon hearing that.

This matter had nothing to do with them. However, since Rex the Hairless Monk had appeared, the entire orc species could no longer stay out of it.

Compared to the speech that Rex made to exonerate himself, Ferdinand's request and explanation were obviously much more convincing.

"We, the Tadala Tribe, will support the Falk Tribe!"

"We, the Dino Tribe, will support the Falk Tribe!"

"We, the Nam Tribe, will support the Falk Tribe!"

The powerhouses from all the tribes began to come forward, and loudly declared their support.

Ferdinand curled his lips slightly. Even if the Hairless Monk was very powerful, could he really take on 10 of them?

However, Ferdinand still maintained a righteous expression, as if he was willing to sacrifice himself for his tribe anytime.

"Master... Why don't they believe us?" Connie asked as she looked at Rex's strong back. Tears already flowed down her reddened eyes uncontrollably.

"This is the reason why I wasn't willing to explain back then. So many years have passed, and this batch of orcs is even worse than the batch of orcs then." Rex smiled. There was a hint of resignation in his smile.

Chapter 1569: Holy Light, Let Evil Have Nowhere To Hide!

"Back off, Connie. The orc species is going to exterminate the Hairless Monk today to avenge the Urba Tribe's souls who died tragically in the past!" Ferdinand said, pointing at Rex.

The orcs who had stepped out earlier had already taken out their weapons. The Falk Tribe's powerhouses were also looking at Rex angrily. Everyone seemed to be taking Ferdinand's side.

"These baddies are bullying Big Sister Connie together. I want to send them flying to the sky!" Amy angrily said as she began to take out her fire lotus bombs.

"Prepare for action. The first objective is to bring Connie away safely. The second objective is to capture Ferdinand," Mag gravely said as he pressed on the longsword that he hid under his robes.

What happened today had been too dramatic, and completely went beyond all the plans he had previously made. However, things were getting clearer now, there had to be a connection between Ferdinand and the black fog. If he wanted to eradicate the black fog, a fight with him was inevitable.

However, Ferdinand had used his powerful empathic skills, and successfully made the majority of the people join the ranks of exterminating the devil by using the prejudice and fear the orcs had for Rex.

"You are saying that the Hairless Monk represents evil and all he said are lies. Then, what about me?" Right at this time, a sarcastic voice appeared above the square. A champagne light flashed and Irina appeared, hovering in midair above the square.

"Irina!" someone exclaimed as everybody stared at Irina who was wearing a white dress, shrouded in champagne light.

Irina's legends had never stopped during this whole time, regardless whether it was battling a few powerhouses with Alex in Rodu, slaughtering the spatial demon patriarch, founding the Night Elves, killing Borg, or bringing the elven slaves out of the Wind Forest in a shocking manner.

However, what was she doing in the Falk Tribe? What was the meaning of her words?

Ferdinand was also looking at Irina with shock, but he soon said, "Princess Irina, the Falk Tribe has always been friendly with the Wind Forest. May I know what is the purpose of your trip here today?"

All the orcs from the different tribes halted and looked at Irina too.

This woman was the one woman that nobody could trifle with in this world; even the Wind Forest was split up by her. Don't even mention that Alex, who could kill the spatial demon patriarch with one strike, was standing behind her.

"I came to eradicate evil. The God of Light and God of Life have bestowed upon me power and responsibility that allows me to identify and cleanse all evil presence." Irina looked at Ferdinand with a holy expression, and coldly said, "I have discovered evil on your body. That is a power and presence that doesn't belong to this world. I suspect you have made a deal with the devil and sold your soul."

"H-how is that possible?!"

"She is spouting nonsense, right?! How could Young Master Ferdinand have sold his soul to the devil?!"

"But... Irina represents the God of Light and the God of Life. She must be very sensitive to evil. What she could see may really exist."

The square broke out into commotion. Compared to Rex, who was believed to be a scary evil presence, Irina's words were more believable and difficult to refute straight away.

Undeniably, when Alex and Irina were traveling on the continent, they had left behind many legends of upholding virtue and condemning evil, and were deemed the embodiment of justice.

Her sudden appearance in the Falk Tribe and accusation of Ferdinand selling his soul to the devil was really befuddling to the Falk Tribe's orcs.

"Princess Irina, please mind your words. Although my power is negligible, and the Falk Tribe has waned after going through many catastrophes, I am still the son of Isaiah and the young master of the Falk Tribe!" Ferdinand said to Irina righteously. "I will never agree to your unreasonable accusations and pushing the blame onto me like this! The Falk Tribe and the orc species will never agree, either!

"The Falk Tribe is going through a catastrophe today. I have already lost my most important loved ones. The tribe has already lost their best chief! The pride of the Falk Tribe will not be trampled on by your people again!"

The Falk Tribe's orcs got agitated immediately, and shouted and yelled in support of Ferdinand.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

The other tribes' orcs were also looking at Irina judgmentally. Her appearance was too much of a coincidence.

It was still explainable if she said Gary had sold his soul to the devil. How could the victim, Ferdinand, be the devil?

"Your glib tongue is not going to change anything." Irina looked at Ferdinand as she raised the magic caster's staff in her hands. The golden light began to converge as she smiled. "We simply need a beam of Holy Light to find out whether you have sold your soul to the devil. All evil has nowhere to hide in front of the Holy Light."

"Irina, this is us orcs' matter. Aren't you being a busybody here?" Auster came over with a sinister expression, and said to Irina, "Who are you to decide about our orc species' matters? You have already made the Wind Forest a mess, so are you trying to make the Twilight Forest a mess now too?!"

"It wouldn't just be you orcs' matter alone if he has sold his soul to the devil. This is a matter that threatens the survival of the entire Norland Continent, so why can't I be involved?" Irina replied to Auster coldly.

"Today's matter isn't up to you. The Falk Tribe has already had many catastrophes, and we won't allow you to cause trouble and hurt the innocents! I, Auster, and the Aug Tribe will not allow this!" Auster said forcefully with a dark face.

"You still talk as much nonsense now as you did then." Rex disappeared from where he was standing. Accompanied by a sonic boom, a giant fist as big as a sandbag had already appeared in front of Auster.

Auster's reaction was also very fast. He punched toward Rex's fist at the same time as he rapidly backed off.

Bam!

A dull thud sounded, and a powerful force formed an energy ripple as it exploded in midair. The people around it were blown away, and the ground sank 50 cm deep right away.

Auster was forced dozens of meters back. His legs left deep trenches on the ground before he could stop himself.

And Rex already appeared in front of him again.

The sonic booms continued. Their figures had already become two faint shadows. Everyone could only hear the dull thuds when the fists landed on their bodies.

The sudden battle between Rex and Auster made the sounds of opposition disappear immediately. Irina's magic caster's staff already had the golden Holy Light lit up.

Finally, panic appeared on Ferdinand's face as he ordered, "Irina is trying to kill me and subvert the Falk Tribe. Stop her!"

"Protect Young Master Ferdinand!" Darryl shouted. He swung his magic caster's staff, and ice barriers appeared above Ferdinand's head.

Meanwhile, Basil dashed toward Irina with his iron rod.

"Holy Light, let evil have nowhere to hide!" Irina chanted loudly as she pointed her staff at Ferdinand. A bright beam of golden Holy Light pierced through the ice barriers, and landed on Ferdinand, who had a terrified expression.

Chapter 1570: The God Of Light Will Cleanse His Soul And Body Completely!

The dazzling Holy Light descended from the sky, pierced through the barriers of ice, and landed on Ferdinand.

Everyone's gazes followed the Holy Light instinctively.

This was the world's holiest light; even the orcs had to admit that.

Light magic casters were extremely rare, and those who could master the Holy Light Technique were even rarer. They all had the God of Light's favor.

That god that was the sworn enemy of evil in the legends represented justice and light.

The Holy Light represented brightness. It could cleanse a person's soul and remove evil. It wasn't very aggressive toward normal people, but to evil, it was like a sharp sword.

The majority of the Falk Tribe's orcs still trusted Ferdinand. Since the Holy Light had already descended, it could naturally prove his innocence. Then, Irina had to apologize for what she did.

Connie stared at Ferdinand with reddened eyes as she tightly clenched her fists. Her body was trembling too.

Mag threw a glance at Irina, who was hovering in midair. He placed Amy in Elizabeth's care, and then left with the excuse of finding an evacuation route.

Rex and Auster, who were locked in a battle, punched at each other before taking dozens of steps back together at the time. They stopped fighting with tacit understanding, and looked at Ferdinand together.

The pure golden Holy Light that gave out dazzling beams landed on Ferdinand.

"No!"

Ferdinand's expression twisted instantly. The hidden black fog could no longer hide. It slithered out from his body like black snakes, and twisted into scary faces in the Holy Light before it disintegrated.

"Chi chi ga ga..." Devilish screams emerged from those shattered ghost faces, and shocked the people to their core.

"Wh-what are those?! How could the Holy Light have made these come out?!"

"Why are such terrifying things found on Young Master Ferdinand?!"

"Oh my heavens! Did Young Master Ferdinand really trade his soul to the devil?!"

The orcs surrounding Ferdinand backed away from him in a panic as they watched Ferdinand, who grimaced in the Holy Light, with shock.

In the pure Holy Light, Ferdinand's crazy twisted expression terrified people, and the ghost faces that the weird black fog consolidated into even made people associate them with the scary devil.

Everyone suddenly realized what Irina said could be true. The Holy Light was already enough to prove all this.

"How could that happen?!" All the chiefs and representatives were also shocked to see that.

The devil only existed in the legends, but what they were seeing now couldn't be refuted.

If the devil was proved to have really existed, and had exchanged its soul with Ferdinand and bewitched Gary to kill his king, then what Connie said earlier about the Urba Tribe's mishap could have indeed been caused by the devil, and the whole tribe ended cannibalizing one another?

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Princess Irina is right. The black fog on him is indeed suspicious. It reeks of the scent of evil, and it is similar to Gary's behavior earlier." Billy pointed his finger at Basil who was dashing forward. Countless vines rapidly grew out from the ground, formed a wall in the blink of an eye, and blocked his way.

Basil attempted to dash over, but was bound by the vines that suddenly entwined him.

Ferdinand looked up gradually. There was a rim of red light around his completely black eyes. He laughed as he said to Irina, "Y-you cannot kill me... I am the God of Darkness, and I am all around you..."

"You are simply a remnant thought that is hiding in the body of a coward. Do you really believe you are the evil god?" Irina pursed her lips with disdain. She lifted her magic caster's staff up again, and chanted, "God of Light, please bestow your power upon me, and with the power of holy light, cleanse this world of all evil and darkness!"

Another brighter and bigger beam of Holy Light crashed down.

"Ah!!!"

Ferdinand tilted his head back and let out a shrill scream. The black fog melted away quickly in the Holy Light. Much of it disappeared even before it could form ghost faces.

Ferdinand's face became paler and paler. It even felt like it was going to become transparent.

The red rim at the exterior of the eyes slowly retreated, and his eyes turned black again. His eyes met Connie's as he weakly said, "Connie, I've never thought of killing you. Never did... P-please help me..."

"But you've killed everyone that I treasure, including you." Connie sobbed with reddened eyes.

"If there is an afterlife..."

"Please let her off then," Amy chimed in loudly.

"Pfft..." Ferdinand spat out a mouthful of black blood, and his expression descended into chaos and madness again.

"Was the old chief's death and that rebellion really planned by Ferdinand?"

"It's so scary! The old chief was so nice to him, and even groomed him to be the next chief. Why did he do that?!"

Watching the scene, all the orcs could already basically judge the situation now. The connection between Ferdinand and the devil had been proven with Ferdinand thrashing around on the ground in the holy light.

Ferdinand suddenly opened his eyes, and stared at Connie with black eyes as he hysterically said, "I am going to kill you! You're the bastard of that b*tch! You all killed my mother... It's you all who caused me to have never met her... All of you deserve to die! When did he ever use his mercy on my mother? I am going to kill all of you to console her soul! She said she had a horrible death..."

"Your mother died during childbirth. She insisted on saving you, and entrusted you to my mother. She begged her to treat you like her own son. You should know very well how Mother had treated you all these years. If she had really caused your mother's death, why would she have treated you so well? She even treated you better than me," Connie said to Ferdinand as she hugged the diary tightly. "All these things were recorded in Grandma's diary, but you had believed the devil's bewitchment, and killed all your loved ones."

"No. It wasn't like that... It wasn't like that..." Ferdinand grasped his hair and yelled in pain. He fell to his knees, and let out an angry howl at the sky.

Irina was watching this coldly. Suddenly, she cocked an eyebrow in hesitation. She kept her magic caster's staff and pointed at Ferdinand as she shouted, "Ferdinand's soul is already completely corroded by the devil. He has become the devil's most loyal servant. To prevent him from harming this world again, the God of Light will cleanse his soul and body completely!"

As soon as she said that, the holy light on Ferdinand suddenly burst out. The glaring light made it impossible for anyone to see anything within the holy light.

Approximately three seconds later, the holy light slowly dissipated.

And there was only a piece of tattered clothing left in the center of the stage, which was the one that Ferdinand was wearing.

Chapter 1571: Lights, Get ready

It was deadly still.

The orcs from the Falk Tribe looked at the tattered shirt that was left on the execution stage, and could not hide the shock and horror on their faces.

The Holy Light had proved Irina's words to be right. Ferdinand had sold his soul to the devil, and was now exterminated by the Holy Light. There was no more point in fighting.

Perhaps they should even thank Irina. If it weren't for her, they might have had to face the rule of a devil, and no one would know if the Falk Tribe would end up becoming the next Urba Tribe.

Now that the Falk Tribe was without a leader, how should they move on from here?

The chiefs and representatives from the other tribes all had different expressions when they saw this scene.

The devil had controlled Ferdinand, proving its existence to be true, and it might very possibly be the cause of the Urba Tribe to kill among themselves. Would something similar happen in the Twilight Forest again?

The Falk Tribe, which had lost another 10th-tier powerhouse and the heir to the chief, suffered great losses in this turmoil, and its might had decreased drastically. There were only three not-very-strong 10th-tier orcs left, and that would not be enough for them to have a strong foothold as one of the top 10 orc tribes.

The Twilight Forest would be greatly affected by what happened tonight.

"Ding! The black fog has been cleared. The source of the black fog has been completely removed!

"Congratulations on completing your mission. Mission reward: one face-altering mask set!"

The system's joyous voice rang in Mag's head. He raised his brow a little and walked out of the crowd, back to Amy's side. He smilingly said, "Looks like we don't have to retreat anymore."

"Brother..." Connie looked at the remnants of the torn shirt, and bit on her lips hard, trying to suppress her emotions as her tears fell.

That small figure appeared even more lonely and frail amongst the crowd.

Everyone watched her with empathy. She was probably the most unlucky one to survive in this rebellion.

"Gary The Kingslayer is dead. Ferdinand, the devil who planned all this, was also exterminated. Now, the only one who has the right to inherit the position of chief in the Falk Tribe is this little princess." Irina's gaze landed on Connie. At the same time, a gentle ray of light landed on the latter.

The orcs in the Falk Tribe all looked at Connie, who was standing under that ray of light, and their eyes slowly lit up.

"Princess Connie is the chief's beloved princess! And she is also his only heir now. It's only right for her to inherit his place as chief!" Durward shouted loudly with his magic caster's staff held high in the air as he walked out from the crowd.

An old man walked out as well, and proclaimed, "I concur! Princess Connie is kind and brave. She exposed the devil's lies and trap. She would definitely be able to bring the Falk Tribe out of this difficult situation!"

The other orcs nodded in agreement. Connie's actions today changed their perception they had of her. She was no longer an innocent princess. This experience was an ordeal to her, no doubt, and being able to survive this meant that she might really be able to lead the Falk Tribe to become even stronger.

"Princess Connie, please go on stage to be conferred as chief!"

"Princess Connie, please go up on stage!"

Everyone started paving a way for Connie as they shouted loudly.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"I..." When Connie heard the shouts, she was bewildered and lost. She instinctively looked around the crowd, and her gaze finally stopped on Mag.

"Go, go and protect what your father had been protecting all his life," Mag told her loudly.

"Protect..." Connie looked as though she was trying to grab hold of something. As she looked around and saw those trusting eyes, she felt as though she could see that dignified man and that amiable old lady. She took a deep breath, and walked towards the elevated platform.

Connie walked up the elevated platform and looked at everyone. She said in a low voice, "I am Connie. Perhaps I don't have the right to stand here. Maybe I am not good enough to be the chief of the Falk Tribe. But all I want to say is... I hope that I can continue protecting this piece of land and this tribe for Father."

The orcs looked at Connie, and wiped away their tears silently.

Their tribe should have been a peaceful and strong tribe if all these things had not happened.

"It's your turn, Ugly Duckling." Mag pulled off the black cloth which was on Ugly Duckling, and patted its bottom gently. "A grilled fish just for you."

"Meow!" Ugly Duckling's eyes lit up. It jumped down from Amy's embrace to the ground, and dashed through the crowd like a bolt of orange lightning, racing towards the elevated platform.

"Lights, get ready!

"Levitation, get ready!" Mag said softly.

"Meow!"

Just when everyone was still deeply entrenched in their sorrow, they heard a loud and sharp sound. An orange figure suddenly dashed upstage, and stopped in front of Connie.

It was an orange cat. However, it had a pair of translucent white wings on its back, allowing it to levitate in mid-air in front of Connie.

It gave off a holy light, and looked as though it descended from heaven.

"Lord Flerken!"

"It really is Lord Flerken!!!"

The orcs from the Falk Tribe were all stunned when they saw the flying orange cat. After that, their faces suddenly lit up with a bright smile. They all dropped to their knees on the ground, and many even started kowtowing.

"This... is really Flerken?" The orcs from the other tribes all looked at that levitating orange cat, and all the Falk Tribe orcs who had kneeled on the ground. They hesitated for a while before lowering their heads with respect.

Every tribe had their own magical beast which they would pray to, but there were very few instances where these magical beasts would actually appear.

No one would think that Flerken would appear after the Falk Tribe had gone through such an ordeal.

"Ugly—" Connie blurted out as she stared blankly at the levitating orange cat.

"Meow!"

But before she could even speak, Ugly Duckling reached its paw out to cover her mouth. At the same time, it put another paw on the top of her head. The glow on it grew even brighter, as though there was some sort of passing down of legacy going on.

When everyone saw that, their eyes widened. They might be witnessing a very important scene.

About 10 seconds later, Ugly Duckling retracted the paw on Connie's head, and a golden crown appeared in its place.

"Meow."

Ugly Duckling meowed once again before disappearing.

When the glow was completely gone, there was only Connie left, with a glittering golden crown on her head.

"Lord Flerken has chosen Princess Connie!"

"Lord Flerken has acknowledged Princess Connie as the one to lead the Falk Tribe!"

"Chief Connie! Chief Connie!!"

The orcs all rose and started to cheer for Connie!

Chapter 1572: The First Queen Of The Moon Nation

"Mm-hmm. Ugly Duckling. Well done. I'll add a prawn for you tonight." Mag reached out to stroke the head of Ugly Duckling, which was teleported back by Irina. In case they were exposed, Mag put the black cloth over Ugly Duckling again.

Now that Flerken had made its stand, Connie's succession became rightful. At the same time, she was idolized by everyone in the Falk Tribe, and had gained a lot of popularity—way more than Ferdinand did.

"Boss. Your plan was really impressive," Yabemiya exclaimed as she looked at Mag.

Elizabeth also took a second glance at Mag. After this, all of the problems that Connie might have faced after her succession were all solved.

No one would dare to defy Flerken's will, and no one would dare to question if a female could become the chief again.

The chiefs and representatives of the other tribes hesitated for a while before going back to their seats. This conferring ceremony that had received the acknowledgment of Flerken might be able to pull the Falk Tribe back from falling off the edge of glory. No one knew what Flerken bestowed upon this young female chief of the Falk Tribe, and the Falk Tribe might grow to be even bigger in the future.

"From today onwards, I, Rex the Hairless Monk, shall stay in the Falk Tribe as a protector until Connie grows up to become a chief that is powerful enough." Rex appeared behind Connie and gave Auster a warning glance.

"Hmph, I hope the Falk Tribe can walk out of its misery as soon as possible." Auster snorted coldly before leaving gloomily with the people of the Aug Tribe.

Some of the chiefs and representatives who were the Aug Tribe's loyal followers stood up, and followed him quickly.

"Master." Connie turned around to look at Rex as tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably.

"You don't have to worry. I am here." Rex looked at Connie and squeezed out a smile on his stiff face.

"Does that mean that the Hairless Monk is joining the Falk Tribe? He is someone on par with Auster!"

"After losing Isaiah and Gary, we gained the Hairless Monk. Though our might has decreased by a lot, we are still the second-strongest tribe in the Twilight Forest."

When the other chiefs and representatives saw this scene, they all had different thoughts and expressions.

The Hairless Monk's crime of wiping out the Urba Tribe was finally cleared today, and the existence of the devil was just like a sword hanging above everyone's head.

After a few centuries, the same thing happened. Was this a coincidence?

No one knew where it would appear next.

Basil was imprisoned, and before anyone could be certain that he already regained his consciousness, his movements would be restricted.

Darryl and Kurt could tell very clearly that the situation had changed, so they had all chosen to pledge their loyalty to Connie.

Connie's conferring ceremony was not too elaborate. She canceled all the celebratory events that Gary had planned after the ceremony, and ended it by thanking the guests and tribesmen.

After going through so much tonight, everyone needed rest, including her.

The guests from the various tribes started to take their leave, and so did Irina.

No one would have thought that Gary did not become chief, likewise for Ferdinand. In the end, it was Connie who was conferred as the new chief of the Falk Tribe.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

This would definitely have a big impact on the Twilight Forest, and even the Norland Continent.

"Get Mr. Mag and his people from the main kitchen to see me," Connie ordered an official near her before entering the palace.

"Let's go. We can see the new chief in a new place now." Mag held Amy's little hand, and walked against the crowd towards the palace.

Irina changed and appeared by the group's side. She nodded slightly at Mag.

Mag lifted a brow in acknowledgment with a smile, and said, "The lights were done very perfectly."

"Don't you think it's a waste of talent to make a 10th-tier light-type magic caster to do something like this?" Irina smiled seemingly at Mag.

"That ray of light created an effect that even 10 10th-tier magic casters would never be able to achieve. Only the most professional light-type magic caster could do it," Mag said matter-of-factly.

"That didn't sound bad." Irina nodded.

Mag heaved a sigh of relief. It was indeed difficult to look for a light technician this professional.

"There's also Babla's spatial magic. It's very impressive. She made Ugly Duckling levitate in the air," Yabemiya praised.

"Ahem." Babla appeared rather proud. She cleared her throat, and said, "It was just a wave of my hands."

"It was the standard that even a 4th-tier spatial magic caster could achieve. It indeed was just a wave of your hands," Mag said with a nod.

Babla froze. She lifted a brow and snorted angrily.

Mag and the rest were brought into the palace quickly following the orders of the new chief.

Compared to last night when they snuck in, they walked in openly through the main door today, and were even greeted well.

"The chief is inside. She has invited all of you in." A guard opened the door to a hall for Mag and the rest with a smile.

The door closed behind them slowly after they walked in.

"Boss, everyone..." Connie turned around. She looked at everyone with reddened eyes. Although tears had started welling up in her eyes, she still bit her lips to control her tears.

"It's alright. It will all pass." Mag went up, and gave her a consoling pat on the shoulder.

"That's right. Connie, you're now the new chief of the Falk Tribe. If your father and grandmother saw that you've continued protecting the tribe, and even lead it to even greater heights, they will surely be very happy," Yabemiya said softly as she went up to hold Connie's hand.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to do it well..." Connie said worriedly with no confidence.

"Since you have the courage to go up there, you should trust that you can do it," Mag said with a smile as he shook his head.

"The first female chief of the Falk Tribe and the strongest female chief of the Twilight Forest in the future." Babla looked at Connie and stroked her chin ponderingly. "The first queen of the Moon Nation... should I give it a try?"

"Don't you still have an older brother?" Camilla reminded.

Babla thought for a while, and said, "He... will then be in my way..."

After everyone took turns to console and encourage her, Connie started to relax. However, Ferdinand's matter was still a huge blow to her. It would probably take her a very long time to put it behind her.

"You should get some rest." Irina walked over and tapped at Connie's glabella gently.

A green light glowed, and Connie fell unconscious in Irina's embrace.

"I reckon she hadn't slept since last night," Irina explained to everyone as she placed Connie gently on a bench.

"Is this the diary of Big Sister Connie's grandmother?" Amy asked as she pointed to a thick sheepskin notebook at the side.

Chapter 1573: Alex, Right?

On the back of a flaming bird were a worried-looking orc and a gloomy-faced Auster.

"Chief, Ferdinand is dead, and now Connie has become the chief of the Falk Tribe. There's also a Hairless Monk now. Our plans are completely ruined. What should we do now?" the orc asked.

"Rex only has brawns, no brains. He's not a threat at all. As for that lass, she's even less of a worry. However, if word of Flerken appearing spread, she would gain some prominence, and that would affect our plan to subdue the other tribes." Auster frowned. He thought for a while, and said, "Let's still go according to our original plan. Just spread the word that this lass is brash, and cannot take up the responsibility of the chief of the Falk Tribe. After that, get close to Darryl and Kurt, give them a little something, and tell them to start another rebellion."

"Yes," the golden-armored orc answered.

***

Gary's death and Connie's succession were major events to the Falk Tribe, but Flerken's appearance minimized the negative impact they had.

Everyone believed that Lord Flerken had made the wisest and noblest choice for the Falk Tribe. As Isaiah's daughter, Connie would become the new chief of the Falk Tribe, and continue to protect Tatari.

Of course, there were still voices of objection.

However, most of them chose to keep their mouths shut in front of the Hairless Monk.

Those oppressed and maligned orcs who were locked up were set free, and Gary's accomplices were put in jail.

Many things happened in the night, and everyone knew that when day broke, Connie's era would officially begin.

"So... the mission that the organization gave me is completed just like that?" Hannah walked back to her small courtyard slowly. She was still in disbelief. Everything was set into place before her wine had the chance to be put into use, and before she could use the other things that she had prepared.

"But... What exactly was the mission that the organization gave him this time? To rescue Ferdinand? Then if Ferdinand is dead... is his mission considered complete?" Hannah stopped in her tracks. She was a little confused. "Then can I leave this time? Grandpa said that I can leave as long as I complete the organization's mission. After waiting for so long, it isn't all a lie, right?"

***

In the run-down room, Rex stood quietly amidst the floor of shattered ceramics. He could even spot a few familiar pieces.

Now that the person was gone, he could only use these things as a form of remembrance.

"I thought that as long as I left, you would be able to forget the events of that night slowly..." Rex sighed. He fell silent for a very long time.

"Don't worry, I will watch over Connie for you. This time, I'm not leaving." The low voice echoed around the room. It sounded like a mumble, and also like some sort of promise.

Footsteps approached, and two figures appeared at the door.

Rex slowly turned around and saw Irina and Mag, who had a mask on, at the door. He did not seem very surprised by their arrival.

"I want to understand more about the devil and evil gods from you," Mag said in a different tone. He reached his hand out to remove his black and white mask at the same time.

Under the mask was a chiseled face filled with righteousness. There were a pair of thick eyebrows and big eyes, with a scar at the corner of his eyebrow.

"Alex, right?" Rex looked at Mag. There was finally a slight change on his face.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"I am." Mag nodded slightly.

"It's obvious that you've already understood some things, and could see where the problem of Ferdinand's issue lies."

"Yes. A few months ago, the same thing happened first to Borg, an elf. It was way more serious than what happened to Ferdinand. We realized that the Holy Light had a restrictive effect on the black fog. After that, it happened to Alfred, an abyss demon. The black fog appeared on a small island in the Boundless Sea Realm. All the animals there were hysterical because of the black fog. We saw them eating and tearing each other apart, so we knew the possible effect of the black fog on normal living things," Mag said calmly. "After that, it was Ferdinand and Gary. Their condition was very mild."

"There have already been three cases of the black fog within just a few months?" Rex raised his voice a little when he heard that.

"Yes." Mag nodded. "We're worried that this might be a negative signal. If the black fog starts to appear in different parts of the Norland Continent, and we aren't able to get timely information to remove it, once it reaches an uncontrollable scale, it might mean destruction to the Norland Continent."

"A tribe covered in black fog meant that the entire tribe was wiped out. If the black fog covers the entire Norland Continent, that would mean that the entire continent would be on a frantic killing spree... That would be way scarier than a war between races," Rex said softly as his expression turned grave.

"Have you seen what's within the black fog?" Irina asked Rex.

Rex's eyes darted a little, and he appeared hesitant.

"If we want to stop all this from happening, we need to understand it more." Mag looked at Rex, and said, "When I was at the Boundless Sea Realm, I was once entranced to enter a stone statue. Inside, I saw a huge stone temple, a throne made up of skeletons, and a man whom I could not see clearly..."

"Back then, when we've just arrived at the Urba Tribe, we happened to see them in the midst of a scary ceremony..."

Rex told them everything that happened back then. It was an unforgettable night. Even though he had not mentioned the events of the day to anyone for a century, he could still recount the details of the scene.

"...they started frantically killing and biting each other, pulling children's hearts out to eat. And within the black fog, we... we saw a horrifying thing that we could not name. It was just like a huge mountain. Even a giant dragon would be as small as a mosquito before it..." Rex's voice was shaking as fear showed through his eyes.

"We lay low on the top of the mountain, afraid to move, all the way until day broke and the black fog dispersed, together with the unnamed thing, before we went down the mountain." Rex looked at Mag. He paused for a while, pulled out a black stone box from his pocket, and passed it to Mag.

"This is?" Mag reached out for the stone box that was the size of his palm. It was unexpectedly heavy, and he almost dropped it.

"We found this at their altar. For all these years, I've never opened it," Rex said.

Chapter 1574: I'll Have You Stay Inside Until The Prison Collapses

"Aren't you going to open it up?" Irina asked as she walked to Mag's side and looked at that black stone box.

"I think we should find a safer place to open it up since we still can't be sure if the thing inside will cause an uncontrollable situation." Mag shook his head with a smile. He turned around a corner, and pulled off the mask that was stuck tightly to his face.

The effect of the face-altering mask that the system rewarded was not bad.

"Don't you like this face?" Irina asked as she looked at the mask Mag was holding in his hand.

Mag kept the mask with a smile, and said, "I prefer this current face and this current identity even more."

Irina looked into Mag's eyes, thought for a while, and smiled. "It's great."

"Is everything settled for Ferdinand's things?" Mag asked as he continued walking forward.

"I've already sealed him up into a deep slumber, and we can bring him for the trial anytime." Irina nodded slightly, and continued, "Should we let Connie know about this?"

"Let's not tell her first. That fellow is evil through and through. If Connie finds out, it'll only add on to her troubles." Mag shook his head.

The two carried on their discussion as they left the palace. This was the first time Mag removed his mask to reveal Alex's face in order to gain Rex's trust.

Rex's identity was rather special. Although he was currently the deputy warden of Bastie Prison in Chaos City, he did not simply belong to Chaos City.

As for the Falk Tribe, he only chose to stay because of Connie and her grandmother.

They had the same stance when it came to the black fog and the devil. Therefore, Mag wanted to use his sincerity to make Rex stand on their side so that at least they would be fighting together when it came to dealing with matters related to the devil.

Mag could not predict what kind of battle this would become, so he would need even stronger alliances.

In a cave outside of a city, Irina waved her hand to undo the seal on the cave. After that, Mag and Irina went in.

Ferdinand, who was wrapped up in a burlap cloth, was curled up in a corner, deeply asleep. His face was as white as a sheet.

There was a tiny cloud of black fog formed at his glabella which had yet to disperse.

"Based on his situation, will he be gone soon?" Mag asked as he went up to check on Ferdinand.

"It seems like that on the surface, but his willpower is stronger than it seems," Irina said without a hint of worry.

After hearing that, Mag did not bother about Ferdinand anymore. He pulled out that stone box.

The stone box was a few kilograms heavy even though it was just the size of a palm, as though it contained some sort of highly compact metal.

Irina waved her hand, and created several seals in the cave before looking at the stone box in Mag's hand.

"Let's take a look at what the Urba Tribe was praying to back then." Mag placed the stone box on a rock in the cave. He took in a deep breath, and opened the cover of the box.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

A gush of chill air rushed out from the stone box, decreasing the temperature in the cave by a lot.

However, Mag's and Irina's gaze was already glued to that statue within the stone box.

It was a monster statue that would make one feel disgust and horror at first sight.

It had the head of an octopus, the body of a human, and the wings of a bat...

It was black throughout, but its eyes were blood-red, and one could even faintly see light reflecting in it.

"Cthulhu?" Mag raised his brow. This statue felt oddly familiar.

"What a disgusting creature. Isn't this the unknown thing that Rex was describing just now?" Irina said with a frown as she suppressed the urge to use the Holy Light to destroy the stone statue.

"It probably is." Mag nodded. Back then, the Urba Tribe prayed to and believed in this evil god, resulting in the annihilation of the entire tribe.

Mag already felt the change in temperature in the cave. He looked at the stone statue with a frown. It was indeed creepy, even more so than the stone statue on the island at the Boundless Sea Realm.

"He's awake." Irina suddenly turned her head back to look at Ferdinand, who was lying in the corner of the cave.

Ferdinand had sat up silently. The black fog at his glabella started spinning around furiously like a whirlwind, and his pure black eyes had already turned blood-red. His mouth was opened up into a broad smile, revealing his white teeth as he watched Mag and Irina creepily and silently.

"He is absorbing the energy of the stone statue." Mag glanced at the eyes of the stone statue, which was slowly getting brighter. It seemed as though it had formed some sort of connection with Ferdinand.

"Holy Light." Irina lifted her magic caster's staff. The Holy Light lit up the entire cave, cutting the connection between Ferdinand and the stone statue like a sharp knife.

The whirlwind at Ferdinand's glabella dispersed. His body swayed, and he fell back into unconsciousness once again.

Meanwhile, Mag closed the stone box to stop the cold, evil aura from seeping out.

"It has been a few hundred years, but these things are still around. Looks like it's more troublesome than I expected," Mag said with a frown as he kept the stone box.

Irina put her magic caster's staff down with a frown, and worriedly said, "If these fellows want to control the world, and expanding their territory is what some of those dumb ones in the different races are thinking about, once a war breaks out again, the black fog will erupt together, and we might not have the ability to get the situation under control.

"We must let them know about this thing in the coming negotiation..."

***

The happenings in the Falk Tribe spread quickly to the various parts of the continent in various forms, causing quite an uproar.

"Devil... I didn't think it would be such an ending." In the city lord's castle, Rolan passed the top-secret letter to Michael. He was unable to hide the shock on his face.

"This..." Michael was also unable to calm his heart for a very long time after reading the letter.

After staying silent for quite a while, Michael put the letter down. He looked at Rolan, and said, "Looks like we have to change our strategy. If what Mag said is true, and everyone was unable to escape, we have to gather all the powers from every race, and get ready to face whatever may come."

"I'm afraid it wouldn't be an easy feat to persuade those fellows." Rolan frowned.

"But it's something we have to do..."

***

A horse-drawn carriage pulled over outside Mamy Restaurant. Vivian lifted the curtain and propped her chin on her hand as she looked at the sign hanging by the door. She mumbled with melancholy, "When is Boss Mag coming back? My grilled fish is right here waiting for me."

"Didn't Mr. Mag get invited to the Falk Tribe to cook for the chief's conferring ceremony? The ceremony ended yesterday. They will definitely be back today," Luna, who was sitting beside her, said with a smile.

"Forget about the grilled fish. Why is even the hot pot gone? The last time they went out, there was still hot pot..." Vivian said begrudgingly. She had not had any good food for three days.

"Maybe they all left together this time," Luna guessed with a shrug.

Chapter 1575: What Does It Make Of Our Background As One Of The Four Major Families?

Rena took a look at her palm, which was cut open by a small sharp stone. She got up, pulled out a few certificates from her cloth bag, and seriously said, "This is the property deed with the city lord's castle stamp of approval. I am now the owner of this shop. Let me warn you. If you continue to occupy my shop and attack me, I will invite the city lord's castle to intervene."

"You... You think that just by claiming that it's yours, it's really yours? I think that your certificate is fake." The orc's expression changed a little when he saw the property deed in Rena's hand. However, he quickly raised his volume, and said, "This is Bennett's shop, which is also the Marquis Family's shop. Our master said that if someone comes to make trouble, then we will all go to the city lord's castle. Let's see how the Marquis Family's property ended up as someone else's!"

After saying his piece, the orc turned around to go back into the shop, and slammed the door shut.

"These fellows..." Rena clenched her fists angrily. When her finger touched the wound on her palm, she groaned in pain.

"Rena, are you alright?" Firis, who happened to be on the way back to the dormitory, went up quickly to help Rena pat off the dust on her. She looked at the wound on Rena's palm, and angrily and worriedly said, "Did those fellows hit you?"

"Firis, I'm alright. I just wanted to go into the shop, but they refused to let me in and pushed me. It's just a small wound," Rena said with a smile and a shake of her head as she watched Firis blow the sand off her palm and bandage her palm up carefully.

Firis furiously said, "These fellows are rogues! This shop is already yours, but they kept claiming it to be theirs, and even refused to leave! When Boss and the others come back, they'll definitely uphold justice for you!"

"It's alright. I have the property deed. They can't get away with it." Rena shook her head. However, she still a little worriedly said, "The problem is that the renovation work for the shop is almost done, and we should already start hiring these two days, but we've already wasted two days here, and I have no time to make the soup base and go to the market. Now, all these tasks have to be put on hold."

"It's alright. I think that the hot pot soup base you made yesterday was superb. Business is sure to be great if you can reach that standard with just substitute ingredients," Firis said with an encouraging smile.

"It's still not good enough." Rena shook her head. She rather seriously said, "I think that there's some problem with the tripe yesterday, and we need to look for a better supplier. There's still also a lot to improve when it comes to the hot pot soup base. There are still a lot of problems unsolved."

"Then I'll accompany you to the market. Anyway, I don't have anything on in the afternoon. I'm worried that those fellows will find trouble with you again. At least I can protect you when I'm around," Firis said with a smile as she wrapped her arms around Rena's arm.

"Mm-hmm. Thank you, Firis." Rena smiled, and both of them left hand in hand.

The orc who pushed Rena just now went up to the second floor, and hesitated a little as he watched the young man standing by the window. "Young Master, she's gone, but..."

"But you didn't expect that she'd already gotten her hands on the property deed, right?" Jonah frowned as he watched the two young ladies walk into the distance. There was some anger in his voice.

The orc went up a little, and softly said, "Do you think there's a need for us to..."

"Snatch the property deed?" Jonah smiled. He turned around and looked at that orc gloomily. "You fool! Do you know how Bennett went down? Now the entire Chaos City is in jitters, and you're still dumb enough to say something like that?

"Besides, Bennett just went down a few days ago, and this shop already belongs to this woman. Do you think there is really no relation between her and the Gray Temple?"

"I've investigated her. This woman comes from the slums. She has no father, and grew up with her mother. She used to be an accountant in a small shop before this. Just a while ago, she became a service staff member at Mamy Restaurant. I doubt she has any backers," the orc said hesitantly.

"Idiot! Do you think the city lord's castle just chose a random person to elevate from poverty?!" Jonah was shaking mad. He waved his hand, and said, "Send out a warning. Without mine or my father's orders, do not lay a hand on this woman or Mamy Restaurant. No one will have a good ending if they get involved in this restaurant."

"But Master said that we have to get this shop. If this woman continues coming..."

"I will settle things on Father's side. Bennett has fallen, and it is both a good thing and a bad thing to the Marquis Family. Watch your words in the future. In the future, people will not spare us on account of Bennett anymore," Jonah warned sternly.

"Yes!" the orc answered quickly.

Jonah turned to walk downstairs. As he walked, he ordered, "Prepare the carriage. I want to go over to the teahouse."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

The horse-drawn carriage quickly pulled over at the tea house named "Ben". This was the most lavish teahouse in Chaos City. Because Bennett was arrested, this place had been closed for days. However, the seals pasted by the people from the city lord's castle and the Gray Temple were already taken down. There were even a few big demons and orcs guarding by the door.

"Young Master," all of them greeted respectfully when they saw Jonah alight from the horse-drawn carriage.

Jonah glanced at the seals that were thrown aside with a frown, and asked, "Is Father inside?"

"Yes, Master is inside," answered one demon as he opened the door for Jonah.

In the opulent tea room, Bowen was leaning by the fireplace relaxedly with a boiling pot of tea in front of him. He had a mink blanket covering his legs as he watched the steam rise slowly from the pot. When he saw Jonah enter, he smilingly said, "Take a seat."

"Father, isn't it a little inappropriate to remove the seal without the Gray Temple's permission?" Jonah asked straight away after taking a seat in front of Bowen.

Bowen picked up the teapot, filled a cup with tea, and placed the cup in front of Jonah. Smiling, he said, "Try this tea from Vic Mountain."

"Father..." Jonah called out worriedly. He didn't pick up the teacup.

"Jonah, do you think Bennett's incident is a good thing to us or a bad thing?" Bennett asked.

Jonah thought carefully, and said, "Bennett had done many illegal things, so there is a chance that he might implicate the entire family one day. Now that he's caught, it means that the Marquis Family has gotten rid of a ticking time bomb. It's not considered a bad thing."

"Whatever Bennett had, was all part of the family. But, it all belonged to him, and not us. Now that he was arrested, and he left us with all this mess, we definitely are not going to take it. However, some of the things, if thrown away, are a great loss to us and to the family." Bowen took a sip of tea and smiled eerily. "It's okay for us to forgo those assets that aren't clean, but for those that we should take, we can't let a single one of them go.

"Don't worry about the city lord's castle and the Gray Temple. The Marquis Family has been in Chaos City for so long. If we can't even hold on to our family's assets, what does it make of our background as one of the four major families?"

"But..."

"Just watch. These assets are ours." Bowen broke into a smile, and motioned for Jonah to drink the tea.

Chapter 1576: Grandpa Ian Is Fishing

"My lord, according to Chaos City's laws, Bennett is steeped in crime, and deserved to be severely punished, but his properties don't belong to him personally. The teahouse, shops, and restaurants, etc., are all properties of the Marquis Family. They shouldn't be confiscated too."

"Yes, my lord. There is no evidence that these properties are involved in illegal business. Such a cookie-cutter method is simply too hasty and unfair to the Marquis Family."

"My lord..."

Michael listened to his officials' advice with a frown. With a dark expression, he said, "Bennett's case is undergoing investigation. You all don't get to decide if those properties are legal or not."

An elderly official stood up with alert eyes, and said to Michael, "My lord, our Chaos City has always been ruled by laws. Judicial fairness is our foundation. If we can't even guarantee this, I'm afraid we will disappoint our residents."

"I have never doubted using laws to rule the city, and will never touch its bottom line," Michael said to that official with a solemn expression before he swept his gaze across all the officials present. Using a harsher tone, he continued, "However, if anyone is trying to attribute the properties to the wrong person and confuse the situation, I will never condone it. Bennett's affair is only the beginning of our Chaos City's efforts in overhauling the underworld. Don't expect that there will be any flukes."

A few of the officials avoided Michael's gaze in a panic.

"We should have done this a long time ago." The elderly official who stood up earlier nodded his head with consolation.

"The meeting is dismissed." Michael got up and walked to the door.

"My lord, the Marquises had already torn off the seal on the teahouse, and got their people to settle in there," Dicus said as he followed after Michael.

"Who gave them the approval?" Michael frowned.

"The Department of Property Rights gave them the approval note. According to the regulations, they have the permission to decide on such properties whose rights are not confirmed yet. The Marquis Family submitted their request, so the process complied with regulations," Dicus answered.

"Ha. They even dared to give the approval note at this time. The four major families have really stretched their arms out too far." Michael smirked with a dark expression.

"Do we need to inform the Department of Property Rights first?"

"There's no need to. I want to see how far they can go." Michael shook his head, and continued in a low voice, "It's time to cleanse the interior of the city lord's castle too. Otherwise, they might forget whom they are serving. If the interest of the four major families looms over the laws, then Chaos City will have no place to stand."

"Yes." Dicus's expression became serious. After a moment of silence, he continued, "Apart from that, the commercial property that the Gray Temple gave to Mamy Restaurant's Miss Rena was also snatched by the Marquis Family."

"Something like that actually happened?" Michael halted, frowning, and asked, "Who gave the permission this time round?"

"The Department of Property Rights seemed to have given them a note."

"Seems like there is indeed no one capable after old Marquis has died." Michael chuckled and continued walking.

"Do we need to send people there to mediate?"

Michael shook his head. "Don't bother with it. Someone will be teaching them a lesson, and it will be neater than us doing it. However, the Department of Property Rights is rotten to the core. Make a trip to the Gray Temple on my behalf later."

"Yes." Dicus nodded as he pondered if the Gray Temple was going to interfere with this matter. They gave the property away, so it seemed right for them to interfere.

***

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Did anything fun happen in the city recently?" Ian smilingly asked as he sat next to a fishpond with a fishing rod, his sight fixed on the buoy.

"There are quite a lot of interesting things recently. Bennett from the Marquis Family has gone under. All his dirty deeds were dug out, and he most likely is never going to get out." Scheer, who was sitting next to him, grabbed a handful of biscuits and tossed them into the pond. A big school of fish crowded over.

Ian sighed, and lamented, "That little fellow was already on the wrong path since he was young. His father was also an a**hole. It's a pity that he ended up like this."

"He deserved it, so what's there to pity?" Scheer pursed her lips.

"This matter has gotten too far. The city lord's castle will most probably start to rectify the issues soon. You are the head of the family now, so you've got to make sure that our family members do not extend their hands where they are not supposed to. You mustn't be careless."

"Whoever dares to extend their hands, I will break them," Scheer solemnly said. "There are so many legal ways to earn money, so don't blame me for being ruthless if they want to be involved in illegal dealings."

"Haha. You lass, you have my style." Ian looked at Scheer with satisfaction as he chuckled. "If it was your father or your uncles, they would never say or do something like that."

"This matter concerns the survival of our family. I have a steelyard in my heart. Those methods are not for the long term, and could never make a family prosper," Scheer answered seriously.

"Alright, alright. You go get yourself busy. All the fish are so well-fed by you, so what am I going to fish now?" Ian said with disdain.

"Hmm. Then, you will fish all by yourself here." Scheer tossed all the remaining little biscuits into the pond, and left with a smile.

"This lass..." Ian watched Scheer's retreating back with resignation before tossing his straight hook into the school of fish leisurely as he muttered to himself, "Jeffree, that old fellow, is indeed not as carefree as me."

***

In an opulent private room, smoke was whiffing around. Cyril was lying in the bosom of a blonde beauty as he was intoxicated by a magic potion.

A young master in a long golden robe lying across from him smilingly asked, "Young Master Cyril, what have you been doing recently? Are there any new ways to make money?"

"Sigh. Don't talk about it. I am so pissed off by a stupid girl recently," Cyril spat out with a dark expression.

He had heard that Blue Suede Fashion's business was booming, and was already the most profitable and reputable female fashion store in Chaos City. One could even say it was making loads of money every single day.

And the doubtful voices in the family had begun to lean toward Gloria as she went against the flow to turn Blue Suede around, and even created a new industry.

Meanwhile, his blacksmith shops' performance was simply lukewarm, and the advancement of their production capacity had begun to weaken. Given his capability, there was no way he could make them in a short time.

"Then, let me tell you about a good business. Have you heard about what happened to Bennett from the Marquis Family recently?"

"Everyone knows about that." Cyril pursed his lips. He didn't care too much about the business of this unsavory friend of his.

"Everyone indeed knows about that, but not many people know that many gamblers and johns had nowhere to go after Bennett was arrested, and all his gambling dens and brothels were sealed. They are all very restless lately." That person snickered. "If we go and open a few gambling dens and brothels now, and get some of those drugs to sell to those people, then wouldn't earning money be as easy as a piece of cake."

Cyril immediately sat up with glowing eyes, and said, "There's something like that! Are you for real?"

Chapter 1577: You Came To Learn How To Brew Rum From The Master Again?

On the next day after Connie ascended to the throne, on behalf of the Falk Tribe, she and Irina released a joint announcement. They declared that the Falk Tribe would form a mutual aid alliance with the Night Elves, and work together to defend the world's peace.

This joint announcement soon reached all corners of the Norland Continent, and caused quite a stir.

Nobody knew how that previously unknown little princess gained the favor of the Hairless Monk and Princess Irina at the same time and became one of the few people at the very top of the Norland Continent's pinnacle of power.

The Wind Forest naturally had the biggest reaction, and immediately released a warning to remind the Falk Tribe to be aware of their relationship with the Night Elves. Otherwise, they would be deemed the elves' enemies.

Shortly after, the Aug Tribe also released an announcement, expressing their objection toward the alliance of the Falk Tribe and the Night Elves. They even instigated the other orc tribes to isolate the Falk Tribe.

The several followers of the Aug Tribe followed their lead, and released a similar announcement. They even tried their best to hint that Connie would be a weak leader after she inherited the Falk Tribe.

A storm of taking sides soon swept through the Twilight Forest.

But what was unexpected was that the tribes didn't all take the Aug Tribe's side.

On the contrary, many tribes who were sitting on the fence because Isaiah was killed in the rebellion took the Falk Tribe's side. Their number was almost equal to Isaiah's era.

***

A banquet on the long table in the palace was going on.

There was a plate of steak in front of everyone. The red wine in the glass was giving out a seductive glow in the candlelight.

Irina lifted her wine glass as she smiled at Connie. "In the light of the present situation, the pro-war factions and the pro-peace factions in the Twilight Forest are almost equal in power now. Auster's plot has failed because of your ascension. He wouldn't have the power to gather the orc species together in a short time now."

"However, what if he still wants to start a war?" Connie worriedly asked as she held a glass of juice.

"Although the Aug Tribe and the tribes that follow his lead are rather powerful, it is impossible for him to fight for territory in the continent after losing the support of half of the orc tribes. Even the goblins could give him a hard time." Mag pursed his lips. He was no longer worried about that.

Although the process had completely exceeded his expectations and plans, the current situation in the Twilight Forest had already reached his initial anticipation. Connie had become the Falk Tribe's new chief, and with Rex's protection, he didn't have to worry about political instability at all.

Furthermore, with all the tribes in two different camps, it had already been decided that the Twilight Forest couldn't be unified. Even if Auster had the plan, he also would need to have the power to implement it.

As long as no huge incidents happened, the orcs could no longer do anything much at the peace negotiation one month later.

Connie swirled the juice, and perplexedly asked Mag, "However, why am I still drinking fruit juice after I become the chief?"

"Juvenile chiefs are not allowed to drink. That's the rule," Mag replied to her seriously.

Connie nodded after thinking about it seriously. "Alright. This fruit juice is actually quite nice."

"Big Sister Connie, is being chief fun?" Amy asked Connie with curiosity.

Everyone turned to look at Connie too as they prepared to listen to her feelings after being chief for two days.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Hmm..." Connie gave it some serious thoughts before she shrugged. "I still think delivery is more fun. I simply need to send the items where they are supposed to go. It's simple and easy, and I don't need to think about too many problems, but being chief is different. They report so many things to me daily. For example, how many lambs the sheep have given birth to, whose traps are being destroyed by the neighboring tribe... Why do I have to know all this?"

Everyone was looking at her with pity. Listening to her, being chief didn't seem like a fun thing to do at all.

Mag seriously pondered as he watched Connie. He, too, couldn't understand what was so attractive about that position that those fellows tried all their means to crawl their way up to.

At least to him, power was indeed unattractive. The joy that it could bring couldn't even match up to his customers' praises or Amy's cute behavior.

"Boss, are you all going back tomorrow's morning?" Connie asked Mag.

"Yes. We have already ditched the customers for three days. I am afraid they will tear down the restaurant if we don't return soon." Mag nodded.

Actually, they were supposed to leave today, but they decided to stay one more day for Connie. Besides helping her manage the situation, they could also have a proper farewell.

Connie was the Falk Tribe's chief now. The Falk Tribe had a thousand things to do after going through this catastrophe, and the Aug Tribe was watching them with evil intentions, so there was no way Connie could return, and continue to be the courier with no sense of direction.

"I'm sorry. Because I am tasked with the burden to revive the tribe, I cannot undertake the important task of being the restaurant's courier now. I know this is a great loss to the restaurant, and could very likely paralyze the delivery business. About this, I am full of self-reproach..."

"Don't worry. The only customer who orders delivery from the restaurant is now in your tribe, so I can still withstand this loss." Mag rolled his eyes. Their delivery service would indeed end after Connie left. However, it was fine... After all, he didn't depend on the delivery for business, and could bury it on the spot now.

"Boohoo... I will miss all of you..."

Connie's eyes suddenly became red, and tears began to fall from them. She cried like an aggrieved child.

Miya, who was sitting next to her, went closer and hugged her. She wiped her tears off, and smilingly said, "It's alright, Connie. You can always visit us when you are not so busy in the future. We can always come, and visit you during our off days in the future too. Anyway, I know how to fly now, and it would be very fast."

"Yes, yes. Big Sister Connie, you must come back to visit us frequently." Amy nodded. After a moment of thought, she passed Ugly Duckling in her arms to her. "I can let you squeeze Ugly Duckling."

"When I am more powerful, I can set up a super-long-distance teleportation portal between your palace and the restaurant. It will be very easy for us to visit each other then." Babla crossed her arms.

"Really?" Connie's eyes glowed, and she asked, "Babla, when could that happen?"

"Ahem... P-perhaps after I reached the 9th-tier." Babla cleared her throat with embarrassment.

"Fantastic. There are only two tiers left. You've got to work hard now," Connie encouraged her.

Babla lifted her chin up again as she proudly said, "Strictly speaking, it should be just one tier and a little more. I feel I am about to break through now."

The farewell dinner ended in a happy ambiance. After putting Amy to bed, Mag snuck out and went to the Stone Alley alone.

"Ha. You came to learn how to brew rum from the master again?" Irina was sitting on the threshold and swinging her legs as she smilingly asked Mag, who was about to knock on the door.

Chapter 1578: This Is Definitely A Freaking Mechanical Genius!

"Woah..."

Mag was so scared that he jumped one big step backward. He looked up at Irina, who suddenly appeared on the threshold, and paled as if he was a little man who was caught by his wife red-handed as soon as he entered the red-light district. He forced out a smile. "Frankly speaking... I really came to learn how to brew rum today."

"Ha, men." Irina took a wine gourd out of nowhere. She twisted open the cap, and took a big gulp.

A beauty drinking under the moonlight. What a beautiful scene.

It was a pity... that Mag really didn't know how to appreciate that now.

He did indeed come to learn how to brew rum. After all, the mission that was set by the system on learning to brew rum wasn't complete yet, so he had to rush to learn how to do it by tonight.

"You are indeed trying to learn a new skill everywhere you go. Why did I never realize you love learning so much in the past?" Irina put away the wine gourd and met Mag's eyes.

"Learning is a matter that we will have to persevere for our entire life so we can keep pace with the times," Mag solemnly replied.

"Who said that?"

"Zhou Shuren."

"Who's that?"

"Lu Xun."

"Who is Lu Xun?"

"A man who said learning medicine couldn't save China."

"The medics are indeed rather useless. After all, not every one of them can smack people with chairs like me."

Mag cocked an eyebrow as he felt these words sounded quite right too. He began to sincerely say, "Therefore, that is my purpose for coming here today. The maiden here is the Falk Tribe's best brewer and the best rum brewer on the Norland Continent. We will be going back tomorrow, so I have to learn how to brew rum from her tonight."

"Alright. I'm not going to stop you even if you really want to try something else. That's if you have the guts." Irina leaped off the threshold, and landed in front of Mag. "What do you intend to do with that fellow?"

"Put him in a burlap sack and bring him back with us first. We could just say it's a special product when we enter the city. It should be fine," Mag said after some pondering.

"That will do too. I need to go out tonight, and I will be bringing some special product back." Irina nodded, and then turned to leave.

"What are you bringing back?" Mag tried to verify with Irina's back.

"I've heard some fellows in the Twilight Forest loved to collect elven maids," Irina answered, and then disappeared on the spot.

A giant purplish-golden beast quickly flew over at the periphery of the Falk Tribe, and soon disappeared again.

"They could have so many other hobbies. Why did they have to collect maids? And elven maids some more." Mag sighed. It seemed like the Twilight Forest wouldn't be too peaceful tonight.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Knock, knock...

Mag went up to knock.

The door opened shortly, and a fragrant breeze greeted his nose. A figure dashed out, and was about to throw herself into Mag's arms.

"Miss, please maintain your decorum." Mag took two steps back, put out his hand, and pressed on the forehead of Hannah, who was dashing over.

Although Irina had left, nobody knew if she had really left?

"I just want to express my happiness for the mission's success." Hannah rubbed her forehead, which was red from being stabbed by Mag's finger.

"Let's go in and talk." Mag walked into the yard resignedly. Perhaps this maiden had been living on her own for too long, but her train of thoughts was a little problematic.

"Alrighty." Hannah immediately closed the door and caught up with Mag. She asked with anticipation, "The mission is a success. Does the organization have any new arrangement for me? Are you here to give me a new mission and instructions?"

"The organization wants you to remain here, and wait for further instructions," Mag replied with a stern face.

"Huh..." Hannah looked deflated immediately after hearing that. She seemed to have all her energy sapped out from her body at that moment.

"I lied." Mag couldn't help chuckling. This maiden was really into it.

"That's so bad~!" Hannah clenched her fists, but soon again expectantly asked Mag, "Then, what plans does the organization have for me? I already can't wait to offer my body for the organization!"

"Offer your body?" Mag frowned as he felt something was rather wrong with this term.

"Yes. Offering my body." Hannah pulled her clothes to her sides to reveal her sexy collarbones with no hesitation.

"Wait a minute... Put on your clothes properly. That isn't the meaning of 'offering your body'..." Mag quickly pulled her clothes back together, and looked around him with guilt. It was fortunate that Irina had left, or else he would never be able to clear his name.

"It wasn't that? I remembered there was a phrase in the declaration when I joined the organization: I am willing to offer my body for the organization's cause!" Hannah looked at Mag with doubt.

Mag couldn't bother to explain to her further, and simply seriously said, "Comrade Old Sim, the organization orders you to teach Comrade Mag how to brew rum right now."

"Yes! Old Sim obeys the organization's instructions!" Hannah, too, replied solemnly. As she brought Mag to the brewing room, she turned around when she reached the door to carefully ask Mag, "What does the organization intend to do with me after this mission is complete? Can I... I'm saying is it possible... maybe there's any hope... that I can leave here?"

Mag was taken aback by Hannah, who had glistening eyes, and he asked, "Are you thinking of leaving the Falk Tribe?"

"I..." A gleam flashed through Hannah's eyes, but she soon lowered her head, and softly said, "I will obey the organization's instructions. If the organization needs me to stay here, then I will continue to stay here."

Looking at Hannah, Mag suddenly felt sorry for her. Old Sim had been guarding this tribe for his whole life, and Hannah took over his code name, and continued to guard here after he died.

They persevered for years as if it were only days, waiting for the secret code name that they might never ever hear in their entire lives.

Such a life was indeed extremely boring.

However, there were indeed such a group of people who persevered silently.

Without the need for any more words, Mag could also guess Hannah's thoughts. After a moment of silence, he said, "I haven't received any instructions from the organization yet. I will tell you the concrete outcome tomorrow."

"Alright." A smile appeared on Hannah's face again. She pushed open the door of the brewing room, and a comforting alcohol fragrance greeted them. After the oil lamps on the wall were lit, the distillation apparatuses with pipes crisscrossing everywhere appeared in front of Mag.

Although they were not glass pipes, as a dabbler designer, he knew very well what these machines were for.

He simply didn't expect a brewery in an orc tribe could have such advanced mechanical equipment. The brewing technology was even closer to the level of industrialization.

"I retrofitted these machines whenever I was feeling bored in the past. The furnace's heat isn't strong enough, and the Falk Tribe doesn't have a lot of metal, so it didn't reach the level I expected. Otherwise, it could have been done even better. Even though the rum brewed isn't as good as those that are brewed by hand, it's good enough to brew normal rum." Hannah knocked on the machine next to her, and turned to smile at Mag. "The most important thing is, it saves me time and effort. I don't stay here all day to brew rum."

This is definitely a freaking mechanical genius! Mag was staring at Hannah with glowing eyes.

Chapter 1579: Ding! Congratulations, Host

"What do you want to do?" Hannah grasped her skirt as she looked at Mag, who was staring at her with glowing eyes. She bit her lower lip, and hesitantly said, "Even though you are my superior, and the organization said we had to obey all orders... If the request is overboard, I will have to consider it..."

"What are you thinking about?" Mag rolled his eyes, and retrieved his gaze from her. He walked one round in the brewing room with an oil lamp, and carefully appraised the distillation machines. It was hard to imagine that a young maiden like her could come up with these by herself in her simple and crude cellar. Although her skills were not as good as those of professional dwarven blacksmiths, her genius ideas and ability to make them still proved Mag's idea.

This maiden rum brewer was also a genius mechanic at the same time.

"Do you make these by yourself?" Mag turned to confirm with Hannah again.

"Yes." Hannah nodded, and regretfully said, "This is the first version. I have already come up with the blueprint of the third version, but I can't make certain things, so I had to put it aside."

"Where is the blueprint?" Mag asked her with great interest.

"Didn't you come here to learn how to brew rum? Why are you so interested in the machines?" Hannah looked at Mag with befuddlement, but her gaze was a little excited. This was the first time someone was interested in her machines, so she asked, "Do you really want to see them?"

"Yes. I am very interested in such stuff." Mag nodded. Learning how to brew rum wouldn't take much time. He was much more interested in Hannah's drawings. If this wasn't the best she could do, then he could have found an excellent partner for certain plans in his future.

"Please wait a sec." Hannah quickly strode into the innermost area of the brewing room. After searching through the table for a while, she dug out a stack of blueprints. She came over to pass them to Mag.

"Have a look. This is my third version's blueprint. I have simplified the entire structure, but the brewing efficiency has increased. I wanted to change some of these metal pipes into transparent crystal pipes so I don't have to worry about the corrosion of the metal to change the taste of the rum..." Hannah pointed at the blueprint as she introduced it to Mag.

The layout of the blueprint was a little messy, but the lines and labels were very standardized and easy to read.

As a person who graduated from the mechanical design major, Mag had no problem understanding these drawings.

He had visited an alcohol distillation plant during his university days, and seen his professor dissecting the structure of a distillation apparatus in class before.

Therefore, he could say that Hannah's third version of the distillating machine had reached a professional factory's level.

As the design objective of a master brewer, Mag even believed the rum that was made by this distillation machine would be even better than the factory made ones.

"Is it too messy? Can you understand it?" Hannah asked Mag embarrassedly, lowering her voice. She couldn't help it after she saw that Mag was quiet while she was explaining excitedly.

"No. This is one of the most perfect blueprints that I have ever seen." Mag smilingly shook his head, and kept the blueprints solemnly. Turning to Hannah, who was already a very famous master brewer at such a young age, he asked, "What is your dream?"

"Dream?" Hannah was stunned. After pondering the question seriously, she replied, "I want to turn my drawings into real machines so I can let more people taste the rum that I made."

Mag looked into Hannah's glowing eyes and smiled. "Come with me. I will bring you to Chaos City and fulfill your dream."

"Really!?" Hannah widened her eyes, and then hesitantly asked, "Didn't you say the organization hadn't decided what to do about me yet?"

"As long as you are willing, I will make all the arrangements. You don't have to worry." Mag shook his head with a smile. Although Hannah was the Gray Temple's informant, the Falk Tribe's affairs had concluded, and there wasn't a need to activate her within a short time.

It would be a waste to leave such a talent back here in the mountains.

Simply building these machines and opening a brewery in Chaos City could earn him, the angel investor, tons of money as long as Hannah could ensure the quality of the rum.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Of course, Mag had even higher expectations for Hannah. One didn't get to meet such talent easily.

"I am willing. Of course, I am willing!" Hannah nodded her head vigorously, and spun around on the spot happily. She had wanted to leave the Falk Tribe for years. The people of the organization had come, and she could finally leave.

"When are we leaving? Are we leaving overnight?" Hannah already couldn't wait.

Mag smiled with exasperation. "What's the hurry? We are not eloping. Keep the blueprints and teach me how to brew rum first. After that, you will pack up your belongings, and we will leave in the morning."

"Alright." Hannah kept the drawings nimbly. She then brought Mag to a machine, and began to explain to him how to brew an exceptional bottle of rum.

Rum used cane sugar as one of its raw ingredients. There was a patch of land beyond the Falk Tribe that was very suitable for cultivating sugar cane, and it supplied excellent sugar cane as a raw ingredient for rum.

Brewing a bottle of excellent rum wasn't any easier than the vinification of wine.

After Mag learned about the brewing techniques of rum systematically under Hannah's instructions, he began to try to brew rum on his own.

The brewing room looked rather dim under the oil lamps' light, and steam gushed out from the machine's opening at the top. Mag stood in front of the machine seriously as he followed Hannah's instructions stringently and operated it.

Meanwhile, Mag had already chased Hannah out to pack her belongings, and prepare for their trip tomorrow.

"Finally..." When it was almost dawn, Mag finally smiled as he lifted up a small cup of clear rum, and the smoothing aroma of it greeted him.

This was rum that hadn't even fermented in the oak barrel yet, but it was already giving out a mesmerizing aroma.

"Ding! Congratulations, Host. You have already roughly mastered the brewing techniques of rum! You have completed the mission!

"Ding! Congratulations for receiving: mastery of the brewing techniques! You have also received three new alcoholic beverages' brewing techniques!

"The Host can learn to brew any three types of alcohol from the alcohol depository!"

Right then, the system sounded in Mag's head.

"Dukang, Red Star Erguotou, Daughter's Red[1], Jian Nanchun, Gujing Gongjiu, whiskey, brandy, vodka, tequila..." Mag looked at the alcohol list that popped up in his mind. It had almost covered all the alcohol types available, and it dazzled him. He had no idea which three he should choose.

Hannah returned to the brewing room, and anxiously asked Mag, "I have packed all my stuff, but... what should I do with these machines and the alcohol in my cellar?"

[1] This is the most famous "yellow wine" in China. It is usually drunk when the daughter gets married; it's a Chinese tradition. The alcohol is only a mere 13-14% unlike strong white liquor, so it goes extremely well with Chinese food.

Chapter 1580: The Devil, Or Perhaps... A Great Old One

Early the next morning, Mag and the ladies boarded a 7th-tier magic beast, the Golden Armored Condor that the Falk Tribe used to ferry their VIPs, and set off on their return journey.

Irina sent Mag a message last night, saying that she would be returning with the ladies that she had rescued first.

Furthermore, while they were saying goodbye to Connie in the morning, she told them which tribes in the Twilight Forest were targeted last night. Some of them even sent their remaining elven maids over to the Falk Tribe in a rush, and begged them to hand them over on their behalf.

They estimated that the Twilight Forest would not have any orcs who would keep elven maids for a very long time.

After all... those fellows who used to show off everywhere were all crying over their lost weiners at home now.

This punishment's shock and awe effect was indeed far greater than killing them all.

This... is indeed very like Irina. Mag raised his eyebrows, and clamped his legs together instinctively.

As for Hannah's distillation machines and exquisite brews stored in the cellar, Mag could only help her get rid of them on the spot. The machines were dismantled and sold for scraps, and the rum stored in the cellars was sold to the aristocrats in the city.

This made Hannah's heart ache badly. However, since she was sure that she would never return, she wasn't too resistant to this solution.

"Father is bringing back another beautiful big sister after returning from a trip again," Amy muttered softly as she peeped at Hannah sitting at a side.

Mag happened to hear that, and his mouth twitched. He smiled, and explained, "Big Sister Hannah is a very formidable brewer. She will most probably work with all of us in the restaurant for some time."

Hannah stood up, and shyly greeted everyone, "I am Hannah. I hope all of you can guide me along."

"Nice to meet you, Hannah. I am Miya..."

They were considered acquainted after everyone introduced themselves.

All the ladies are so beautiful and nice. This is fantastic... Hannah, who was initially worried that she wouldn't be able to blend in, was feeling ecstatic now. She was also full of anticipation for her new life.

"Have a rest first, everyone. Although the Golden Armored Condor is fast, we will only be arriving at Chaos City at noon, just in time for lunch." Mag smiled at all of them. He was already lying in a reclining chair comfortably, and closing his eyes for a short rest.

The Falk Tribe's trip had concluded, and the result was satisfying.

However, the existence of the black fog and the Great Old Ones made him feel rather uneasy.

Since the other party didn't intend to remain silent in ruin, then they would definitely have a battle with this world.

A singular power had no way to handle such a catastrophe and opponents. They needed to have more allies, even all the powers in this world to resist those Great Old Ones.

As for how to persuade those fellows who were only thinking about fighting for territory and conquering the world, make them understand the dire situation that the Norland Continent was in now, and get them to agree to make concessions and form alliances, it was a problem that caused him an extremely bad headache.

Comparatively, cooking is indeed an easy and relaxing affair. Mag sighed in his heart. He thought he had gotten the God of Cookery's script, but he had just discovered that things weren't as simple as he had thought now.

"Big Sister Hannah, what is in your little gourd?"

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"It's the most precious aged rum base. My grandpa stored it after he brewed it 50 years ago. There are 15 barrels..."

***

When it was about noon, Chaos City appeared in their sight.

Hannah was getting familiar with all the ladies after spending a whole morning with them.

With Miya's enthusiastic guidance, Hannah's integration process was very smooth. She was no longer as awkward and restrained as in the morning.

"Is that Chaos City? What a huge city!" Hannah stared at that huge square city in front with gradually widening eyes in disbelief.

She had gained some knowledge on this trip. She had seen the mountains and rivers beyond the Falk Tribe and many big cities and small towns.

However, all those cities and towns could only be considered as a tiny village when compared to the big city in front of them.

Even if one put the entire Falk Tribe in there, it would only have taken up a small corner.

"Yes. That is Chaos City, and it's where we are going to live." Miya smiled. She wasn't any better than Hannah when she first saw this scene the very first time that she flew up into the air.

"How many people are living there?" Hannah asked curiously.

"Apparently, it has over 1,000,000 people, but it should exceed that number," Miya replied after thinking for a while.

"Over 1,000,000..." Hannah covered her mouth. There were only about 50,000 people in the entire Falk Tribe, and it was already considered as a big tribe in the Twilight Forest, but this city actually had over 1,000,000 people living in it. What a scary number!

The Golden Armored Condor landed outside the city. Mag left right away after he got to the ground, and told the ladies, "You all go back first. I have to settle something first. I will return to cook lunch for you all very soon."

"Let's go, Hannah. We will return to the restaurant first." Miya looped her arm around Hannah's, and everyone followed them into the city.

***

In a secret chamber, Rolan shook Mag's hands, and solemnly said, "We have already received the intel about the specific situation. Mr. Mag, you have completed your mission perfectly, and made a huge contribution to the world's peace."

Regarding the orcs, after Isaiah was killed in the rebellion, they already lost their control, and were no longer able to stop Auster from unifying the Twilight Forest, and leading the orcs to start a war.

However, Mag's trip had shattered Auster's plots and plans, and returned the Falk Tribe under the pro-peace factions' control. This made the Twilight Forest controllable, and pulled the orcs back from the edge of war successfully.

"My lord, you're too kind with your praises. This is the result of the efforts of everyone in the restaurant," Mag humbly said with a smile. However, he soon stopped smiling, and said to Rolan with a lowered voice, "However, we have gained far more than that, but that gain is not something that can make people smile."

"This is?" Rolan looked at the stone box that Mag took out.

"This is a statue that Rex found on the location that the Urba Tribe cannibalized one another after they were controlled by the devil 300[1] years ago." Mag passed the stone box to Rex, and reminded, "Do not stare into its eyes, as it can be dangerous."

Rolan's expression turned grave after hearing that. Descriptions of the devil appeared repeatedly in the secret missive. Moreover, Mag was saying that this thing was related to the devil, and related to the Urba Tribe's tragic massacre in the past; hence, it had to be an extremely ominous object.

Rolan received the stone box with both hands, and put it on a table. He took a deep breath, and then opened the stone box in a swift move.

The statue was only palm-sized, but it gave out an immensely terrifying sensation. He felt his soul tremble simply after he looked into the blood-red eyes for a brief moment, as if he was targeted by some terrifying existence.

Rolan quickly retrieved his gaze, shocked, and asked Mag, "Th-this is?"

"The devil, or perhaps... a Great Old One," Mag replied calmly. He felt that his throat was a little dry too.

[1] I'm pretty sure Rex squatted 100 years in prison, so either he was caught after 200 years, I remembered wrong, or the author made a mistake.

Chapter 1581: They're Horrible

"This... This is our restaurant?" Hannah stood outside the restaurant in disbelief as she looked at the exquisite furnishing. The sun's rays shone in through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows, and cast a glimmering glow on the signboard. Even the Falk Tribe's palace wasn't so beautiful.

"Yes. This is Mamy Restaurant." Miya nodded. She took out the keys that Mag passed her, and opened the door.

"Is Boss Mag back?" Harrison's horse-drawn carriage pulled over at that moment. When he saw the group opening the door, he jumped off the carriage excitedly, and asked, "Are you opening for lunch today?"

"I'm sorry, sir, we just got back, so we need time to prepare the ingredients. I'm afraid we won't be able to open for lunch today. You may come over again tonight," Yabemiya said as she shook her head with a smile.

"I see." Harrison, and a few other customers who happened to walk past, appeared a little disappointed upon hearing that.

"Big Sister Miya, does that mean that we can have hot pot tonight?" Vanessa asked expectantly as she walked over.

"Mm-hmm. Everything will be available." Miya nodded. She had confirmed with Mag on their way back just now that the restaurant would resume its normal operations tonight.

"That's great." Vanessa smiled broadly. She had been around all the big restaurants in Chaos City for the past few days, and had tried some unique food, but all of them seemed to lack something.

Just as Amy was about to enter the restaurant, Xixi peeked her head out from the potions shop next door, and said, "Amy, your master said that you have to go for class this afternoon."

"Ah... Is my wonderful holiday over already?" Amy sighed a little sorrowfully, and nodded to Xixi as she said, "Big Sister Xixi, I'll go over after lunch."

"Alright," Xixi replied with a smile, and went back in.

"Are Big Sister Firis and Big Sister Rena not at home?" Amy asked as she walked around the restaurant with Ugly Duckling in her arms.

"Maybe they have something on. Firis is in charge of the Night Elves' food, and Rena should be busy handling matters of the new hot pot restaurant," Miya said with a smile as she walked out of the kitchen with warm water for everyone.

Hannah looked around the restaurant curiously. She finally stopped in front of a wall mural. She spotted the Twilight Forest, and also the Falk Tribe which was represented by a small dot, on the mural. She exclaimed, "Is this the map of the Norland Continent? Is the entire continent here?"

"No. These are just some places," Elizabeth said with a shake of her head.

"Oh..." Hannah spat her tongue out. She felt slightly embarrassed by her lack of knowledge. However, she was quickly attracted by the clock on the wall. She quickly went forward, and stared at the second hand that ticked rhythmically and that minute hand and hour hand that crawled slowly. After a while, she excitedly said, "This must be the legendary clock, right?! By using a magic spell formation to set the interval in which the needles move, time could be recorded! There's actually something so sophisticated here!"

"Big Sister Hannah, is the clock really so sophisticated?" Amy asked bewilderedly.

"Of course. If you want the needles to move at a steady pace, you need parts of such high accuracy in this small clock. Even a slight difference can cause the clock to become completely inaccurate." Hannah nodded as she admired the clock as though it was a delicate piece of artwork.

"Then what about my watch?" Amy lifted her hand to reveal the watch studded with purple gems on her wrist.

"This..." Hannah looked at Amy's watch. After confirming that the tiny needles were indeed moving, and even at the same pace as the clock on the wall, she exclaimed, "Can clocks already be made so small? How fine must the parts inside be!"

She had only seen a clock once in the chief's palace. Back then, she thought that its existence depicted the highest degree of accuracy. However, to see one that could be worn on the wrist made her really shocked. She really could not imagine what kind of artisan could create this.

"This was a gift from Father," Amy said proudly as she retracted her hand.

Could he also be a professional mechanic? Hannah thought to herself. She found machines to be things even more interesting than wine brewing. The process of designing and making wine-brewing machines was also way more interesting than traditional wine-brewing.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Her heart would race the moment she touched the icy surface of metal, and imagine what it could turn into.

If Mag was indeed a very skilled mechanic that could make such a small watch, then she might have found herself a very impressive master.

***

Mag did not dwell in the Gray Temple for too long. After telling Rolan about the black fog and the Great Old One, they set a date to discuss this issue with the city lord, Michael, again.

As for the stone statue, Mag took it back again because this thing was a little sinister, and Mag was a little worried about leaving it with Rolan. After all, Rolan did not have the Holy Light with him all the time.

After coming out of the Gray Temple, Mag boarded a horse-drawn carriage to go back to the restaurant.

On the way back, when he passed by the teahouse named "Ben", Mag lifted the curtain to take a look and got a shock. The sealed-off teahouse had actually resumed operations.

What's going on? Mag frowned. According to Bennett's crimes, going to prison was already letting him off easy. As his central asset, this teahouse should not be adjudicated so quickly. Why had it already resumed operations?

The horse-drawn carriage continued moving forward, and Mag quickly saw the hot pot restaurant that was given to Rena. There were two orcs leaning by the door and chatting.

These are the workers Rena hired? Mag thought that the two orcs did not look very friendly at first glance. For the few days that they had been to the Falk Tribe. Rena should have already started on the renovation and opening of the restaurant. However, judging from the appearance of the shop, it did not seem that the renovation work was completed, and it did not seem like anyone was working on it, either. That baffled Mag.

Mag had decided to let Rena helm the new hot pot restaurant and be a sleeping partner. Therefore, he did not ask Rena for a progress report, and would naturally be unaware of the work progress.

The horse-drawn carriage arrived at Mamy Restaurant very quickly. Mamy Restaurant saw two young girls walking side-by-side in front of him, and told the coachman to pull over. He paid the coachman, and jumped off the carriage as he called, "Rena, Firis."

"Boss?" Rena and Firis turned back at the same time. When they saw Mag, they exclaimed in surprise, "You're back!"

"Yes, we just arrived in the afternoon. The rest should be in the shop." Mag walked over with a smile. When he saw the bandage on Rena's left hand, he asked with concern, "Rena, what happened to your hand?"

"I scalded myself accidentally while cooking. It's nothing," Rena said as she quickly hid her hand behind her and shook her head.

"That's not true. Boss, Rena's hand was cut when those horrible orcs pushed her to the ground." Firis clenched her fists angrily. She told Mag, "They occupied Rena's restaurant, and said that it belongs to them, and didn't even allow us to go in. They're horrible."

Chapter 1582: Hey, You Two Baddies!

"Oh?" Mag looked at Rena in shock.

"I should have settled all this by myself, but they..." Rena lowered her gaze apologetically.

"Are they from the Marquis Family?" Marquis frowned.

"It's them all right. They said that the shop belonged to them, and even prevented us from going in." Firis nodded her head angrily.

"Isn't the property deed with you? Why did they still say that the shop belonged to them?" Mag asked Rena.

"They also have proof from the city lord's castle that the shop belongs to the Marquis Family. I went over to the city lord's castle with the property deed today, and they did not give me a concrete reply. They just told me to come back and wait." Rena looked at Mag, and resolutely said, "I will settle this matter by appealing. I believe in the city lord's castle and the law of Chaos City."

"Me too," Mag said with a gentle smile. He looked at Rena's hand, and rather coldly said, "However, since things are still unclear on the side of the city lord's castle, and both sides have their proof, they're in the wrong for occupying the restaurant, and even injuring you."

"It's... It's just a small cut. It's alright." Rena shook her head. She was already used to all those small cuts and injuries, and did not really mind it, but Mag's attitude made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. Yet, she did not wish to trouble him. This was something she was supposed to take care of.

"Go in first. Princess Irina should have already arrived. Let her help you take a look at your wound. We'll talk about everything else after lunch." Mag opened the door to the restaurant, and motioned for Rena and Firis to enter.

"Is Princess back as well?" Firis's eyes lit up. She entered the restaurant quickly, and greeted Irina.

Rena followed behind, and also greeted everyone.

Mag first introduced everyone to Hannah, who just arrived at the restaurant. After that, he looked at Irina, who was rubbing Ugly Duckling's chubby face, and said, "Princess Irina, please help to take a look at Rena's hand."

"Rena's hand?" Everyone turned to look at Rena.

"What happened to Big Sister Rena? Did a baddie bully you?" Amy came up to Rena, and looked at her with a face full of concern. She clenched her little fist, and said, "If there is any, tell me, and I'll help you wallop them."

"There's a baddie who made use of the opportunity when everyone was not around to take over Rena's shop..." Firis retold the story of how the Marquis Family occupied the shop.

"These baddies!" Everyone was furious when they heard the story, and their hearts went out to Rena.

"It's alright. Look, it's really just a very small cut." Rena had no choice but to undo the bandage on her hand and show everyone the wound on her palm.

It was a wound around two centimeters long. Although it was not a deep cut, the area was very red and swollen at the moment. A scab had not completely formed at the moment, so the wound looked very painful.

"You were still making hot pot while you're injured, right?" Mag asked as he looked at the swollen wound.

"I was just mixing the soup base. I haven't decided on the flavors yet." Rena retracted her hand embarrassedly.

"The wound might be small, but it's really painful since it's on your hand." Irina looked at Amy, and said, "Little Amy, didn't you learn healing magic?"

"Yeah. I learned life magic's healing techniques from Big Sister Irina, and also learned nature magic's healing techniques from Big Sister Luna. If I use both of them together, the healing effects will be doubled." Amy nodded as she went up to Rena, and said, "Big Sister Rena, give me your hand. I'll treat it for you."

Rena saw that everyone was looking at her. She hesitated for a while before putting her hand out.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Amy pulled her wand out, and started chanting a spell with her eyes closed.

Everyone watched her curiously. Life magic was unique to elves, while nature magic was something only dryads could master. However, Amy had learned the healing techniques from both types of magic, and even came up with a way to combine both of them. Everyone was eager to see if the healing effects would really be doubled.

As the chanting ended, Amy tapped her wand at Rena's hand, and a green glow with golden hues landed on and enveloped it.

The glow vanished as quickly as it appeared, and when everyone focused back on Rena's hand, the wound had completely healed, leaving nothing behind—not even a scar. Even the old scars that Rena got from cooking in the past were all gone!

"This..." Rena looked at her fair and tender left hand in surprise and amazement.

"Wow. Little Amy's healing magic is really impressive. The wound vanished instantly. There's not even a scar left behind," Miya exclaimed.

"Nature magic and life magic blend perfectly together, there is indeed a multiplying effect." Elizabeth was rather shocked. Amy was indeed the most talented magic caster she had ever seen.

It seems like dryads and elves are somehow related. I just wonder if there's any connection between the God of Life and the Goddess of Nature, Mag thought to himself. He knew about Amy learning healing magic, and was previously worried that she was unable to cope with it. He didn't think that not only she had mastered them, she even created a way to blend them together without anyone teaching her how.

However, she could even play with a blend of flames and ice. Combining the two different healing techniques did not seem like something to be shocked about.

"The wound is treated, but can we just let the fellow who assaulted Rena off?" Irina's lips curled upwards. "I heard that the four major families are wealthier than a country. I wonder if it's true?"

"I think only the Buffett Family could be considered wealthier than a country. The Marquis Family is just rich, but their safe would definitely not have a lack of money," Mag said with a smile. He was well aware of what Irina had on her mind.

"All of you go and take a rest first. I'll make lunch, and after we're done, we'll go take a look. If we're comparing the size of our fists, things would get interesting." After saying that, Mag walked into the kitchen. They could not just let this matter slide. The shop was compensation for Rena. Since the Marquis Family was so shameless, he would not let them be.

After lunch, everyone went out in a group to the hot pot restaurant 500 meters away.

Amy carried Ugly Duckling in her arms, walking right at the front, and looking like the leader of the gang.

"Say, do you think the woman would be back again? Young Master told us to stay out of trouble, but she keeps causing trouble. Do we still stop her?"

"If she still doesn't know what's good for her, she can't blame us for being rough. We've already told her that we're from the Marquis Family. Isn't she a fool if she still comes?"

The two orcs huddled together in front of the hot pot restaurant, whispering as they warmed their hands with their breaths.

Just then, a sweet voice shouted, "Hey, you two baddies! Are you the ones who bullied Big Sister Rena!?"

Upon hearing that, the two orcs turned their heads, and were stunned to see a little half-elf girl standing by the door.

"Who are you, kid? Go and play with the adults at home," one of the orcs said as he waved his hand impatiently.

Chapter 1583: I'm Here Again!

"Adults?" Amy looked at that orc, and took a step back. "There, here they come."

The two orcs looked up, and saw a man walking over with a group of ladies behind him, looking at them rather unfriendly.

And the woman who'd caused trouble a couple of days ago was within the group too.

"Wh-what do you want?" The two orcs were flustered. However, when they took a closer look at Mag, a skinny and weak-looking human, they were a little more confident because Mag didn't seem to look like a skilled fighter. They held their heads up, and said, "This is the Marquis Family's property. Don't think that you can go in just because you win in numbers."

"Listen to yourself. This is Rena's shop. Didn't you guys occupy the place a few days ago just because you won in numbers?" Mag mocked.

"Nonsense. Who said that this is her shop? We have the property rights issued by the Department of Property Rights. This shop belongs entirely to the Marquis Family!" that orc said righteously. He pulled out a parchment paper with the stamp of the Department of Property Rights from the city lord's castle, and shoved it in Mag's proudly with his head held high.

"I also have the property deed with the city lord's castle stamp. If you think that mine is fake, you can go to the city lord's castle to ascertain its legitimacy." Mag also pulled out Rena's property deed.

"Hmph. In any case, we won't let you all enter, no matter what you say," the orc said coldly as he kept his paper.

Mag kept the property deed as well, and said in reply, "Very well, since both of us have a certificate, then this shop will belong to the one with the tougher fist, right?"

"Fist?" The two orcs sized Mag up, and laughed out loud at the same time.

"Say, you want to compare your fist with us with that frail body of yours?" One of the orcs looked at Mag, and mocked, "Or do you want to let this little girl take your place instead?"

Everyone looked at the two orcs like they were idiots who didn't know they were courting death. None of them were infuriated by the orcs.

Will he do it? Elizabeth looked at Mag's back. She was already certain that Mag was not a simple chef who only knew how to wield a chopper at the Falk Tribe. Even Kurt was stabbed by him. If he were to fight against these two orcs who were barely 6th-tiers, it would be as simple as killing ants.

Mag couldn't hold his laughter back as well. He looked at Amy, and said, "Since they've chosen Little Amy, alright, then. In case you say that we're bullying you, we'll let Little Amy go against you."

"Hmm?" The two orcs were stunned for a while. They looked at Mag, and then studied that cute little half-elf with a cat in her arms seriously. That little girl looked around three to four years old, and had big round eyes, making her look super cute.

But Mag actually wanted them to fight with this little girl?

"Are you human?" the two orcs said disdainfully at the same time.

"Me? Really?!" Amy's eyes lit up. She passed Ugly Duckling to Anna, and smiled at the two orcs as she said, "Don't worry, I'll be gentle."

Mag and the rest had already moved away to give Amy space in front of the door.

The commotion caused quite some onlookers to stop by. They looked at Mag with the same look of disdain. What kind of father is he to make his young child fight with orcs? Isn't he just letting the child court death?

"This... isn't a very good idea, right?" Rena was a little worried. She was not worried about Amy not being able to defeat the two orcs, but about the trouble that she might bring to Mag and the restaurant if this blew up. After all, the Marquis Family was still quite influential in Chaos City.

"It's alright. Even if the city lord's castle refused to do anything about this, the Gray Temple wouldn't just sit by and watch," Mag said with a gentle and comforting smile.

"Wh-what are you all doing? Even if this is a challenge, you shouldn't send a child out!" one of the orcs commented angrily. He wouldn't feel proud that he won a fight with a three-year-old.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Exactly. You're such a big man, but you actually push your daughter out and hide behind her? Can you be any more shameless?" The other orc also looked at Mag angrily. He could not wait to fight it out with Mag first.

They were guarding the door, and were representing the Marquis Family, so they definitely could not bring shame to the family.

"Hey, your opponent is me. Master said that we have to give our opponents due respect no matter how weak they are. Just like how I am treating you two," Amy said each word clearly with an angry face.

"You..." The orcs looked down at Amy, angry and annoyed, but with nowhere to vent.

"Be careful, I'm going to attack." Before they could speak further, Amy pulled out her magic caster's staff, which was over two meters long, and dashed toward them.

"Young punk." Although the orcs were rather shocked that Amy could lift such a long magic caster's staff, they still did not think much of her. One of the orcs reached out casually to grab the magic caster's staff, thinking of teaching this odd kid a lesson.

Meanwhile, the other orc stood where he was, with no intention of moving. It would be such an embarrassment if it required both of them to handle a three- or four-year-old.

Bam!

The orc's hand, which was as big as a fan, did not manage to grab the magic caster's staff. Instead, the staff landed heavily on his face.

The unexpected power made his face twist with pain.

How... can she be so horrifyingly powerful! That was the only thing the orc had in mind when he flew out.

"F*ck!" The other orc was stunned when he saw his partner fly. He didn't even have the time to react.

"Hehe. It's your turn." Amy looked at the other orc and smiled adorably.

It looks like this fellow is no simpleton. She could actually lift up such a heavy magic caster's staff, and could even make Benson fly so far away with one smack. However, it was also because Benson underestimated his opponent, and was almost not prepared to react—

Bam!

Before the other orc could finish thinking, his train of thoughts was broken with one smack, and he flew in the same direction as the first orc.

"How is that possible?!"

The bystanders suddenly lost it. They watched in shock as they looked at the two orcs who flew far away and Amy, whose height did not even reach the orcs' waist.

How powerful must this little girl be to be able to make two orcs of almost 100 kilograms fly so far away with such a casual smack?

Amy looked at the two orcs who could not even get up. She did not appear to be too happy. Instead, she started lecturing them seriously. "Master said that you had to concentrate during a battle, and you had to give it your all. You mustn't have any stray thoughts. If you can't win, you can't win. There's no point thinking so much."

"Darn..." The two orcs lay flat on the ground, embarrassed and angry. At the same time, they were also overwhelmed with fear. That blow was horrifyingly powerful.

They actually flew from one smack of a three- to four-year-old little girl.

"Can't accept it?" Amy took two steps forward, and watched the two orcs struggle to get up. "Then I'll give you another chance."

She lifted her magic caster's staff, and after singing a spell, a green glow with golden hues landed on the orcs, and they miraculously healed instantly.

"Healed?" The two orcs got up in disbelief, and were still a little taken aback.

"I'm coming at you again!" A devilish whisper came near their ears.

Chapter 1584: Come Here!

The people standing outside the shop watched with their mouths wide open as Amy made the two orcs fly with a single smack, then healed them with a ray of light, then made them fly again, and the cycle continued.

The horrifying cries for help echoed along the street, making one pity them.

After all, these two big orcs were so unbelievably weak in front of this cute little girl that they actually flew with a single smack. It might even seem like it was all an act.

Only the people from Mamy Restaurant knew that these two orcs were really very pitiful.

It was apparent that Amy was trying to practice her healing magic. Such detestable and durable test subjects were hard to find.

Every hit was a solid one. It was not to the extent of killing them, but they would at least be in so much pain they could not move.

The effects of combining life magic and nature magic were apparent. Their injuries could be cured in a very short span of time, and Amy could whack them with another blow with peace of mind.

"N-no..."

"I... s-surr-rend-der..."

The two orcs dragged their wails out. At that moment, they were in complete despair. How is this a kid? She's a devil!

Although she was holding a magic caster's staff, she was using the staff like a bat, and her strength was horrifyingly huge!

"Isn't this the little boss of Mamy Restaurant? She is the disciple of both the Lord of Ice and the Lord of Fire. These two fellows actually dared to trifle with her?" some onlookers exclaimed as they recognized Amy.

"So this is the disciple of the two legendary great magic casters." Everyone started to pity the two orcs.

When the two orcs heard that, they died a little inside.

How did they just end up in her hands? This was the child that you should never trifle with in Chaos City!

"Well, do you accept your defeat now?" Mag asked the two orcs with a smile as they flew once again,

"Yes! Yes!" The two orcs nodded vigorously. They could not be bothered about the excruciating pain that they felt in their bodies right now, for they feared the ray of healing magic even more.

"So quickly? Master said that one should have a backbone. You cannot admit defeat so readily after being hit." Amy looked at the two orcs disdainfully while hugging her magic caster's staff. Then, she suggested, "Why don't we go for another round?"

"No, no, no... No more!" The two orcs waved their hands in fear as they endured the excruciating pain and clambered up.

What a joke. Even though they would be healed, the pain they felt every time they got hit was real. No matter how hard your bones were, they would not be able to stand all the beatings.

"Stop! What are you doing?!" Just then, a horse-drawn carriage with the Marquis Family flag pulled over in front of the shop. A young man with a stern face alighted and walked over. He took one look at the two sorry-looking orcs, and then at Mag as he squinted a little.

"Young Master! These people wanted to barge into the shop and even walloped us up. Please be the judge for us." The two orcs looked at Jonah as though he was their saving grace. All the grievance that they'd swallowed surged up and poured out as tears.

The seven to eight orcs who came with the horse-drawn carriage surrounded Mag and the others upon hearing that, giving them a death stare while getting ready to receive orders.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Jonah looked at Mag, and emotionlessly said, "You're Boss Mag of Mamy Restaurant, right? I hope you can give me an explanation as to why you injured the Marquis Family's guards for no reason. Why did you barge into our family's property?"

"For no reason?" Mag scoffed. He turned to the side to reveal Rena, who was standing behind him, and coldly said, "Then let me ask you this first. Why then did your two guards beat up my business partner, Miss Rena, two days ago? This property is under her name, and we have proof sealed with the city lord's castle's stamp. How then did it become your family's property?"

"The Marquis Family is vying with this lady here for a property?"

"Both sides said that the shop belonged to them. So whom exactly does this shop belong to?"

"Boss Mag said that Miss Rena has the property deed. In that case, the shop must be hers. Hasn't this always been the rule of Chaos City?"

The bystanders started discussing the matter among themselves softly. They didn't know that there was such a conflict hidden behind that seemingly random tussle.

"I was the one who hit them. If you can't accept it, you can give it a try too." Amy placed her magic caster's staff in front of her, and hugged it at her chest. She looked at Jonah in disdain, and said, "Come here!"

Jonah glanced at Amy, and raised a brow. However, he quickly suppressed his anger. He knew very clearly who this little girl was. If he were to enrage those two old men, the entire Marquis Family would be in trouble.

He turned to look back at Mag. This was not his first time seeing Mag. He had seen him at the Chamber of Commerce's year-end celebration, but this was indeed the first time he had such a direct interaction with him.

He still had not received detailed information as to why the property was with that Miss Rena, and the Department of Property Rights only told him that it was approved by the city lord. The property was transferred under Rena's name in the form of a gift, and the Gray Temple might have something to do with this.

However, all information about Bennett had been sealed off in the Gray Temple, so there was not much information he could get. What he could feel was that this time, Bennett's crimes weren't the usual kind, and it seemed like he would not get a second chance.

He had always been very prudent, especially in this kind of situation where he was unable to get a clear grasp of the situation. That was why he specially made the trip over in the morning to look for his father, and suggested that they drop this shop in case they get embroiled in an unknown conflict.

But Bowen did not accept his suggestion, and did not seem worried about Miss Rena, who appeared to have no power or backing. He thought that as long as they had the confirmation letter from the Department of Property Rights, they would be able to take over the shop rightfully.

According to market rates, this shop's value had already exceeded 25,000,000 copper coins.

Furthermore, if they could set up a hot pot restaurant according to Bennett's plan, it might even reap higher returns for the Marquis Family.

He wanted to drop by and have a look today, but didn't expect to run into Mag and the others, who came over to cause trouble.

Moreover, they clearly came prepared. All it took was a three-year-old to put both sides on the same level of playing field.

"In that case, I will represent the Marquises to apologize to Miss Rena for our servants' rudeness and the injuries that they have caused." Jonah looked at Rena and bowed deeply.

"I..." Rena looked at Mag nervously.

"It's alright. We've already hit the back, and that's way better than an apology," Mag replied in Rena's stead with a smile.

Jonah froze, and looked at Mag seriously. He had met his match.

Mag looked at Jonah seemingly with a smile. The people from the four major families were indeed not useless fools. However, Jonah was still too inexperienced to play with Mag.

Chapter 1585: I, Amy, Am Super Fierce!!!

"Seems like the fight just now was all a misunderstanding. I hope this young lady here could forgive our Marquis Family's guards for their ill manners. We will be sure to teach them well," Jonah told Amy with a smile, bringing out the magnanimity of a wealthy gentleman.

After that, he turned to Mag, and seriously said, "However, I doubt whatever Mr. Mag said was completely true. I am currently still unsure why Miss Rena would have the property deed of this shop with her because this shop belonged to the Marquis Family originally. It was under Bennett's name previously, and he was arrested for some personal reasons. The Marquis Family would not side with or cover up for his wrongdoings, but the property and assets that belong to the Marquis Family should not be allowed to land in the hands of outsiders."

Everyone thought about what he said. If that was the case, how that Miss Rena managed to get such a big and expensive shop was indeed dubious.

"You can pretend not to know, but I am going to tell you clearly right now." Mag looked at Jonah, and coldly said, "Bennett was arrested and detained by the Gray Temple because he was involved in several murders, making and selling of drugs, kidnapping, and other heinous crimes. And all his assets were gained illegally to buy those shops and properties. In addition, he used various extreme measures to run and monopolize businesses in Chaos City.

"These seemingly decent assets, shops, and teahouses were purchased after money laundering. I suppose the Marquis Family should know very clearly where the money comes from, right? Do you think you can fool everyone just by claiming that it belongs to the Marquis Family? Do you think the Marquis Family rules the world, or do you think that everyone in the Gray Temple is a fool?"

"You..." Jonah's face turned pale. He took two steps back subconsciously, and there was an inconcealable shock and agitation in his eyes.

How did Mag find out about all this?

In order to regain all these assets and properties, the Marquis Family had used up a lot of energy and resources to publicize their right of ownership, and even cut Bennett out completely. Jonah did not expect Mag to reveal all of these matters publicly.

As expected, the bystanders erupted into a chaotic chatter all of a sudden. All they heard was that the owner of "Ben" teahouse had been arrested, but no one knew that it had been because of such heinous crimes.

As the second young master of the Marquis Family, Bennett was rather well-known.

Now that everyone knew that the Marquis Family wanted to regain the properties that Benett got through illegal means, and even labeled them as their family's properties, the Marquis Family's reputation was already gone.

"Me? Did I say anything wrong? I reckon the Gray Temple will publicly announce the results of this matter soon. If the Marquis Family really has what it takes to bring the news down, then you can say that I was just spouting nonsense. Of course, I know you don't have what it takes to do so." Mag smiled, looked at the flustered Jonah, and continued, "You must be curious to know how the property deed for this shop ended up in Rena's hands. If you can't even find out the answer to that, I suppose the Marquis Family isn't influential enough to be considered one of the four major families."

"I..." Jonah's face flushed red. This fellow's words were so infuriating he just wanted to stuff his blabbering mouth shut.

"Don't be too nervous. A young rascal like you definitely won't be able to call the shots for something like this," Mag said with a consoling smile. "Of course, if you really want to know why Rena owns this shop, you can go to the Gray Temple and ask. There's no need for you to stand here and act all hypocritical. I've already put it out here today. This shop belongs to Rena. If anyone tries to seize it and harm her again..."

"...Don't blame me for being too rough! Hmph! I, Amy, am super fierce!!!" Amy completed Mag's sentence. She clutched her magic caster's staff and waved her fist as she glared at them with her round blue eyes.

"Pfft... How cute!"

"Oh my God... this threat... is totally not threatening at all."

The onlookers could not resist as they melted for Amy's cuteness.

Jonah frowned. He had to say something in such a situation. Otherwise, he might bring trouble to the family.

"Little Amy, don't you have classes in the afternoon?" Just then, a hoarse voice came from outside the circle of crowd. Everyone stepped aside to make a pathway for an old man in a semi-old magician robe and graying hair.

"This is?"

"Lord of Ice, Urien!"

"The adorable threat suddenly becomes very threatening..."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Everyone talked hushedly as they watched Urien with awe and respect.

Jonah's face changed immediately. He quickly told Mag, "I will report this matter to my father. I believe the city lord's castle will make a fair judgment. Before that, no one from the Marquis Family will appear here ever again."

Jonah bowed respectfully to Urien after that, and left immediately.

"That's it? Let's have another round," Amy called out to him passionately.

His pace hastened immediately, and he boarded the horse-drawn carriage quickly to leave, almost to the point of jogging.

"Really, not a single one of them could fight." Amy shook her head with disappointment. She turned back to look at Urien, and quickly switched back to her cute smile as she kept her magic caster's staff, and said, "Master, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to bring you to class," Urien replied.

"Alright. I've already beaten the baddies anyway. Then I will go attend class now." Amy nodded and waved her little hand at Mag. "Father, I'm going to class."

"Go on, and be good," Mag replied with a smile.

"Mm-hmm, mm-hmm." Amy nodded hard, and followed Urien to the magic potion shop.

The onlookers had dispersed, but the news about why Bennett had been arrested would definitely become one of the topics for gossip.

Urien's appearance had successfully scared Jonah and the rest off.

Mag was not worried that the city lord's castle would side with the Marquis Family. If that really happened, Michael would be too much of a failure as the city lord. He would never agree to it. Hence, there would not be anyone disrupting the progress of setting up the new hot pot restaurant anymore.

"They won't be here again. Let's go in and take a look." Mag opened the door and walked in first.

The rest followed him in.

The hot pot restaurant was lavishly renovated with gold and red as the main color scheme. The tables and chairs, which were all the color of wine, were arranged neatly. Just the hall on the first floor alone had more than 100 tables. The scale of this place was more than twice that of Mamy Restaurant.

"This restaurant is huge. I suppose it can hold up to 1,000 people dining in, right?" Yabemiya exclaimed.

"There are even private rooms on the second floor. The kitchen is also on the second floor." Rena walked inwards with a smile. "Let me show you around."

***

"That's it? How boring..." Irina, who was standing on a roof nearby, shook her head. She glanced at the horse-drawn carriage in the distance, and her lips curled up in a crafty smile. "Since you're so greedy to want everything, I'll peel off a layer of your skin..."

Chapter 1586: Host, I F*ck Your Mother!!!

"Have you got the construction team?" Mag casually asked Rena after walking one round in the hot pot restaurant.

"Mm-hmm. Firis introduced a few very formidable elven architects to me. I think I would like to let them do the final presentation of the effects and conclusions. It will be 50% cheaper than using dwarven architects. Furthermore, I prefer their design concepts," Rena smilingly said.

"That's rather good." Mag nodded slightly. There was no need to doubt the elves' aesthetic taste. Letting them neutralize this philistine feel brought upon by the golden tone in the hot pot restaurant was the best. He continued, "Then, please make the arrangements to start the renovation as soon as possible. Regarding the restaurant's ownership issue, I will ask the city lord's castle and the Gray Temple to give you an explanation."

"Alright. I will decide the final plan with them later at noon before we start the renovations." Rena nodded before hesitantly saying to Mag, "There is another thing I would like to discuss with you."

"Please do."

"That is..." Rena grasped her shirt, and hesitantly said, "I have been testing the hot pot bases in the past few days, but when I was making the spicy hot pot, I realized that I couldn't achieve the mala spicy effect without the Sichuan Peppers. I couldn't find any spices that could replace it on the market, so I am thinking..."

"It's indeed not easy to find a replacement for the Sichuan Pepper. I can supply you with Sichuan Pepper before you find a suitable replacement," Mag replied with a smile.

"Thank you very much." Rena was elated, but she quickly gravely said, "I am willing to pay you according to its original price."

Sichuan Pepper was such a precious spice that it couldn't be found on the market at all, so it had to be very expensive. Rena definitely couldn't get it from Mag for free.

"Sure." Mag nodded. Given Rena's hot pot restaurant's size, he indeed couldn't afford to supply it for free.

"System, didn't you say your Sichuan Pepper is a superior product that only one is selected out of every 10,000? In this case, can you sell me the remaining 9,999 discarded products at a low price?" Mag smilingly said in his heart.

"Host, according to this system's principles—"

"I don't care about your principles. I only want you to follow my principles. As a candidate for the God of Cookery, my principle is not to waste a single grain of food or spice. Therefore, name your price," Mag interrupted the system calmly.

"10 copper coins for 5—"

"Alright, 10 copper coins for 500 grams. Deal! I believe the people from the alternate world will thank you for enabling them to have scrumptious and fairly priced spicy hot pot." Mag smiled, and agreed very readily.

"I—"

"You did the right thing, and I admire you for how you learned to be flexible. We will all earn money together, right. You don't have to thank me," Mag said with alacrity.

"A-alright then. Changing the alternate world's dietary structures and habits is also one of your missions. Recycling and reusing the spice that is meant to be discarded and destroyed is also a good method," the system murmured as it reluctantly accepted this result.

"If you have the need, I can supply you with 500 kilograms of Sichuan Pepper first. Let's just charge 100 copper coins for every 500 grams." Mag smiled at Rena.

"100 copper coins..." Rena's eyes brightened as she stared at Mag with disbelief. "So cheap?! D-did you deliberately lower the price for me?"

Mag smilingly shook his head. "You want to make the hot pot into a food for common people, so controlling the ingredients' costs becomes the most important issue. The Sichuan Pepper naturally couldn't be too expensive. It's alright for me to earn less. After all, I have shares in the hot pot restaurant too."

"Host, I f*ck your mother!!! ———!!" The system's furious roar reverberated throughout Mag's mind.

"Being a system, you have to be civilized. Don't be so foul-mouthed."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

***

Mag stayed in the new hot pot restaurant for a while before he brought Hannah to the factory in the north of the city.

"Oh my heavens! What is this giant metal beast that can breathe out steam?!

"How can this wheel run on its own?

"Doesn't this loom need to be pushed by someone? This is amazing!"

Hannah behaved like Alice in wonderland when she entered the factory as she began touching things everywhere with her mouth agape the entire time.

Mag briefly explained to her the steam engine's principle, the concept of the whole textile factory, and how the workers' division of labor and collaboration made producing textiles more efficient.

Hannah was looking at Mag with glowing eyes and unconcealed admiration on her face after they came out of the workshop. "Did you really invent the steam engine?"

"Yes." Mag nodded.

"You are so formidable! You are such a genius!" Hannah said with amazement on her face.

"Standing on the shoulders of the forebears always gave people such a false impression." Mag shrugged.

However, Hannah didn't think too much about the meaning of his words. Instead, she curiously pursued, "Are these gigantic machines really powered by steam? Why does the airy, light steam possess such immense strength?"

"Yes. Don't underestimate the power of steam. They could perhaps have a more stable and long-lasting output than magic, and they could be obtained with a low price." Mag nodded with a smile as he was very satisfied with Hannah's two straight-to-the-point questions.

Hannah was also looking at the gigantic factory with ponderment. After a moment of silence, her eyes lit up. "So this is the so-called factory. In this case, can I turn the brewery into such a big factory? We can split the different brewing procedures into a few workshops, and let different workers take charge of the juicing, brewing, fermenting... And then, we will be able to greatly increase the brewing efficiency, and produce rum on a large scale."

"This is why I brought you here. I will invest a sum of money for you to design and build the machines for brewing rum, and build a large rum brewery factory in Chaos City. You will be in charge of controlling the quality of the rum. If you are not well-versed in factory management and sales, I can find someone suitable to assist you." Mag smiled at Hannah. "What do you think about it?"

"I..." Hannah looked at Mag with a slightly gaping mouth. After a while, she gulped. "I simply came to Chaos City to build my third-generation brewing machines..."

"And then?"

"And then..." Hannah gave it some thought as her gaze landed on the factory building in front of her. Her eyes gradually lit up. "And then build a giant brewery factory which could allow the whole world to drink the rum from our Old Sim's family!"

"Very good. I am investing into this project!" Mag nodded as he took out a check, signed it, and gave it to Hannah. "This is 2,000,000 copper coins, take this as the brewery's start-up fund. I will be adding on another 8,000,000 copper coins later. You and I will own 50% of the brewery each."

"50% each?" Hannah held that check, and hesitantly said, "But I only have 300 copper coins. Wouldn't you be losing out like this?"

"Your abilities and techniques are priceless." Mag chuckled.

Chapter 1587: Miss, Please Let Me Treat You To Dinner Tonight?

"Is the Mamy Restaurant's boss trying to stand up for that woman? That fellow is really a busybody, and he is popping up everywhere," Bowen said to Jonah with a frown. "He was the one who screwed up Cyril's matter previously too. He is definitely connected to Gloria. He is really a friend of the females."

"Father, I think we should be more cautious about this matter. It isn't possible for Miss Rena to receive this restaurant as a gift at this point in time depending on Mag's connections alone. There has to be some other connection with the Gray Temple behind the scene. Furthermore, Mag was still able to find out about what happened to Bennett after the information was locked down, so I'm afraid he's connected to the Gray Temple too.

"Bennett was already plunged into the abyss of no return, and the Gray Temple's attitude toward this is unclear yet, so I think we should give up on this restaurant first, and even on those properties that are gray and shady. This is to prevent the Marquis Family from getting into a precarious position," Jonah said with a grave expression.

"Ha. He's just a chef, so why is my son panicking?" Bowen waved his hands nonchalantly and chuckled. "You don't have to bother with this. I've been waiting for Bennett to fall for years. If I don't take over all the properties that he accumulated in all these years, how are we going to account for all his hard work?"

"But, Father—"

"I know about your worries. Our Marquis Family has been operating in Chaos City for dozens of years. Our relationship networks that are spread out everywhere are far more complicated than you think. How are a chef and a woman from the slums going to fight with us? However, just as you have said, this matter involves the Gray Temple, so I will be more careful. Before the official ruling is issued, I won't let them go and cause trouble," Bowen interrupted Jonah. He then waved his hand. "Go get yourself busy. You are now responsible for reviving the teahouse 'Ben'. It is worth 100 of that restaurant."

"Yes." Jonah nodded and strode away.

Bowen sat in the room alone for a while before he walked to the door, and said, "Prepare the carriage. I want to go to the Gray Temple."

***

"Boss, where are we going now?" Hannah asked Mag in the carriage. She was still feeling very excited after the factory tour.

Just like Miya and the ladies, Hannah also changed her address for Mag to boss. After all, she was officially hired by Mag as Mamy Restaurant's chief brewer now.

"Back to the restaurant. The restaurant is starting its business officially today, so we have a lot of preparation we have to do in advance," Mag replied, and continued, "To appease the customers' grievances, I've decided to release your rum at the same time with the 'husband and wife lung slice' tonight."

"But my wine gourd only has the vintage base rum left, and I have sold the machines as scrap metal too, so there's no way that I can brew it again," Hannah said resignedly.

"It's alright. I got a portion of the rum in your cellar from Connie, and it will be enough to supply the restaurant for some time. Furthermore, we can take this as a trial run for the rum, and see the market's reaction to the rum. It can also provide some data for us to build the factory." Mag shook his head with a smile.

As Connie had taken over the Falk Tribe successfully, he returned the majority of the treasure that the system took. After he only kept a little of it to pay for the system's management fee, he kept 300,000,000 to 500,000,000 as their fees for making this trip.

Hence, Mag decided to keep the few hundred barrels of Hannah's rum that he got from Connie in the extra space that the system had now. He could sell it on the shelf as soon as he came back.

"Oh, I see..." Hannah understood, but she soon seriously said, "Rest assured, Boss. I will build the third-generation distillation apparatus very soon, and then put it into production, and produce a constant supply of rum."

"There is no need to rush in the building. Although your third-generation brewing machine's design is rather good, we can still improve on many details. We can think about how to increase the energy and raw ingredients' utilization rate and make the machine operate more efficiently. We also have to incorporate the steam engine into the brewing machine, and make the brewing process even more advanced and efficient. All these are factors that we can further consider." Mag smiled at Hannah. "We must fight for perfection for this generation machine. We will settle this matter in one go."

"The steam engine + the brewing machine..." Hannah seriously pondered about it for a while before her eyes lit up, and she excitedly said, "Yes! If we could combine them together, the brewing efficiency would definitely become very high. We could save a lot of time just on extracting the sugar cane juice alone!"

Mag continued,"I will give you the steam engine's schematic and design drawings after we get back. At the same time, I will also teach you how to draw standardized blueprints to prevent any miscommunication with the builders during the building process." Hannah's blueprints were not bad, but they were too amateurish. Others might not understand what she was drawing. The more complicated the machine was, the higher the demand for precision. Hence, he had to standardize that area.

"Alright." Hannah nodded. She didn't have any objection to Mag's arrangements. After seeing the steam engine and textile machine today, she was full of adoration for Mag. That machine was far more complicated than the brewing machine. Mag was indeed a master mechanic.

It was only three in the afternoon, and there were already customers loitering around the restaurant's entrance. Obviously, they were trying to find out if the restaurant would be operating tonight.

Mag went into the restaurant, wrote on a little black board, and hung it on the door.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Operation will resume tonight. New product introduction: husband and wife lung slice and rum."

"There is liquor and food, and I have stories to tell. Miss, please let me treat you to dinner tonight?" Harrison said lovingly to a beautiful succubus.

"I will consider that after you lose half of your weight." That succubus lady smiled as she tossed her wavy brunette hair, and walked to the end of the line.

"Since that is the case, then you will have to give me a miss." Harrison sighed as he patted on his round tummy. After reading the announcement on the little black board, he chuckled again. "Although young ladies are nice, they simply cannot compare to Boss Mag. The new products are delish. Hehehe..."

The news of the return of Boss Mag and the restaurant's reopening became the Chaos City's foodies' happiest affair today.

Of course, the release of two new products at once was no less. Apart from the expected 'husband and wife lung slice', the rum had also attracted the attention of many alcohol-loving people.

"Rum? Isn't that the specialty alcohol from the Falk Tribe in the Twilight Forest? Did Boss Mag go to the Falk Tribe, and bring the specialty back for us to try?"

"I have heard that the Falk Tribe's rum is rather famous in the Twilight Forest, and the best rum is brewed by Old Sim the master brewer. An old friend brought me a small bottle in the past. That taste... tsk, tsk, is simply fantastic!" Carl the Storyteller smacked his lips and chuckled. "I wonder, could the rum that Boss Mag brought back compare with that bottle that I drank years ago?"

"It must be the best in order for Boss Mag to release it as a new product," someone answered.

"That's not necessarily so. You guys have no idea what a proud person Master Old Sim was. I tried to purchase a bottle of rum that was brewed by him personally then, and I failed despite asking many people for help. It's impossible that Boss Mag could purchase Master Old Sim's rum to sell." Old Carl waved his hand with conviction.

Chapter 1588: Old Sim Brand's Rum. Because You're Worth It

Old Carl had been telling stories in Aden Square for years, but he didn't do it for a living.

He worked in the city lord's castle since he was young, and he did it until he retired at 60 years old. Storytelling was just a hobby he did whenever he was free.

However, although it was just a hobby, he made it into a specialty that nobody else could mimic. With his interesting and colorful stories, and how he closely followed the latest news, he became the most-loved storyteller in Aden Square, or even in the entire Chaos City.

Of course, after working so many years in the city lord's castle, he could naturally still receive news that ordinary people couldn't even after retiring. They all became stories in his mouth.

Therefore, Old Carl was a publicly recognized knowledgeable man.

Many alcohol connoisseurs revealed an interested expression after hearing him heap praises on rum.

"Old Master Carl is right. I went to the Falk Tribe for business last year, and I tried to buy Master Old Sim's rum. It was extremely difficult as it was all bought by the royal family and the nobles. Not many were sold freely on the market," a goblin trader chimed in. Then, in a lowered voice, he continued, "It's even harder now. After the coup happened in the Falk Tribe, the traders didn't dare to venture there anymore. The price of normal rum on the market has risen so much that it was terrifying. Fake rum is rampant now."

"It's not easy to get real rum now, let alone rum brewed by Master Old Sim. As long as Boss Mag could bring back rum from the Falk Tribe, it would already be much better than rum that nobody knows where it came from." Old Carl, too, lamented.

Besides storytelling, drinking was his second favorite hobby.

He heard about a big event that had happened in the Falk Tribe in the past few days when he was drinking with an old friend last night. The princess who had been in exile returned to the tribe. She killed the kingslayer Gary, uncovered her older brother's devilish deeds, and ascended to the throne, becoming the Falk Tribe's very first female chief.

He hadn't encountered such a marvelous story for a long time. Only the story of Irina leading the Night Elves out of the Wind Forest and migrating to Chaos City was slightly better.

He had the story, but how to tell it out excitedly was the hardest test for a storyteller.

Such a wonderful story with twists and turns. It perfectly continued on with the stories that he told about the kingslayer and the brother slayer. Its twists and developments were completely unexpected.

He was already prepared to spend half a month, or even one whole month, to polish up this story and script.

Of course, if he could have some nice alcohol now, it might even encourage an inspiration explosion in him. Therefore, he specially came to Mamy Restaurant for a drink. Since it was releasing the rum, of course he would have to try it.

Not only did people come to drink, Mamy Restaurant resting for four days had made many regulars who treated it as their own dining room so miserable that they cried.

Vanessa pulled Abraham into the end of the line. After standing on her tiptoes to do a headcount, and being certain that they could have hot pot, she finally said with relief, "Oh, Uncle. You took so long to leave the house. If we had been any later, we would've missed the chance to eat hot pot tonight."

"Th-these people really came very early..." Abraham panted hard. Their horse-drawn carriage had stopped about 500 meters away, and running this short distance had almost cost him his life.

"Life is so short. If we miss a meal, we will miss it forever. Of course, we will have to come early," Vanessa said with a matter-of-fact expression. She looked toward the restaurant enviously. "I really envy those big sisters who work in the restaurant. They don't have to line up, and get to have all three meals a day. That is simply so blissful."

"They work very hard as they have to take care of so many customers every day. Meanwhile, all you see is eat, eat, eat." Abraham chuckled.

"That's true too..." Vanessa stuck out her tongue embarrassedly. If she was to do it, she definitely wouldn't be able to complete it. She was simply too clumsy.

Habeng stood next to Haga and chuckled as he spoke in their tribal tongue. "Bro, we just had Boss Mag's delicacies at the Falk Tribe two days ago, and we are going to have them again in Chaos City now. It really is a seamless connection."

Haga simply laughed, but he didn't say anything while he looked at the restaurant expectantly.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Chapman stood behind Harris, and softly asked, "Master, Grandmaster has returned. Are you going to continue to learn to cook from him?"

"Of course, I am going to learn. I still haven't mastered the 'husband and wife lung slice' yet. I will be embarrassing my master if I leave now," Harris replied matter-of-factly.

"But... I have mastered it," Chapman said hesitantly.

"..." Harris.

"Master, I don't mean it that way... I'm just saying, if there's a need, I can teach you a little..." Chapman swiftly waved his hands.

"Alright now, you even want to be my master now, chap," Harris replied rather angrily.

"N-no..." Chapman was so nervous that sweat began to bead on his forehead.

"Alright. I'm just teasing you." Harris chuckled. "Tasting different kinds of food here every day is very beneficial to me, and has way exceeded the benefits of travelling. We should take a break now after being on the road for so long. We won't be able to find a restaurant like this which is able to give me endless surprises anywhere else."

Chapman looked at Harris' profile and nodded thoughtfully.

It was only halfway through the winter in Chaos City. Apart from some species who were not afraid of cold, the majority of the customers were wearing thick jackets.

Having hot pot with friends in such cold weather was naturally a very enjoyable affair.

The customers who came for hot pot were in a separate line on their own, which was as popular as the normal dinner.

"Although the hot pot is scrumptious, it's really expensive. After today's meal, I can kiss the hot pot goodbye for the rest of the month," a young man complained.

"Yes. If it can be slightly cheaper, I will be able to bring my whole family here to have it. I even need to restrain myself when I am ordering for my tiny section now," a middle-aged man lamented too.

"A few cheap hot pot restaurants have opened for business over there. Their prices are not even a third of Mamy Restaurant's, but the taste... Hmm, Mamy Restaurant has ruined all others for me," a young office worker lady said with a smile.

"Aye. I went to try them out in the past two days. Those hot pot restaurants have only scratched the surface. They couldn't even concoct the clear soup base well. If scalding vegetables in hot water could be considered as hot pot, then my mom could be considered a chef 20 years ago." Harrison pursed his lips with disdain written all over his face.

Everyone laughed out after hearing that. If they were not particular about the taste, they wouldn't line up one hour early in the freezing wind.

"Welcome to Mamy Restaurant."

Right at that moment, the restaurant's door was opened outward. Mag came out, stood at the entrance, and smilingly said, "The restaurant has begun its service. Please come in."

The customers smilingly greeted Mag and filed in.

"Boss Mag, did you bring your rum back from the Falk Tribe?" some customer asked curiously when he walked in.

"Of course. Old Sim Brand's rum. Because you're worth it," Mag replied with a smile.

Chapter 1589: It's This Aroma!

"Old Sim's Brand!" Old Carl, who was about to enter the restaurant, halted and stared at Mag in disbelief. "Boss Mag, you're saying that the rum that you are selling was brewed by Master Old Sim himself?"

"Yes, it was." Mag nodded smilingly.

Although the real Old Sim had already passed away, because Hannah's skills were completely on par with her grandpa, the people from the Falk Tribe still called the rum made by Hannah Old Sim's rum. It could be considered as a rather famous local brand.

"H-how could that be possible?!" Old Carl stared at Mag with disbelief.

"You will naturally know after you taste it." Mag chuckled.

"Alright, I want to see if this Old Sim's rum is authentic or not." Old Sim nodded before he strode into the restaurant, and sat down at the closest seat. He couldn't wait to flip open the menu on the table.

In the alcohol column, there was one extra item: "Old Sim's rum—1,000 copper coins per cup"!

"This shocking price!" the customer that shared a table with Old Carl said with amazement after scanning the price.

"If this is indeed Old Sim's rum, then this price is indeed shocking." Old Carl looked at the menu, and said in a louder voice, "Shockingly cheap!"

"Yes. Don't even mention Old Sim's, a bottle of normal authentic rum that is imported from the Falk Tribe could sell for 500-600 copper coins in Chaos City. Rum from a slightly famous brewery could cost over 1,000 copper coins easily. Recently, a poor chap was scammed. He spent 5,000 copper coins to buy a bottle of Old Sim's brand rum when in fact it was made in a small workshop in Chaos City. A cup of Old Sim's rum for 1,000 copper coins is indeed shockingly cheap." A man who had a wine flask with him sat down opposite Old Carl with a smile.

"You are a connoisseur." Old Carl smiled at that man, and he ordered straight away when he saw Yabemiya walk over. "I would like to have a helping of 'husband and wife lung slice' and a cup of rum."

"Sure." Yabemiya nodded.

"I would like to have a small spicy grilled fish with a cup of rum and a mug of beer," the man opposite of Old Carl smilingly said.

"Sure. Please wait a moment." Yabemiya proceeded to the next table after she placed the order for this table.

Karoo could be considered as a regular at Mamy Restaurant's. As the owner of a fabric shop, he didn't have any bad hobbies apart from drinking.

Chaos City didn't have any good brewers; only the fruit wines from a few breweries were drinkable. He usually asked people to bring the alcohol back for him from other places.

Mamy Restaurant's beer could be considered as the most surprising alcohol that he had had in Chaos City. Together with the spicy grilled fish, it was an enjoyment.

However, although beer was tasty, to a person who drank frequently like him, there was always something lacking. Therefore, he would always bring a wine flask that was filled with aged wine from Rodu with him whenever he came. He would only feel satisfied after he had a few sips of it after finishing his beer.

As for rum, it was also one of his favorites.

One could only come across Old Sim's serendipitously. In Chaos City, there was no way to purchase it even if one had the money. Even people like him who had been drinking for the past 20-30 years had been scammed before. It really sucked to drink fake alcohol.

Moreover, the Falk Tribe had a coup recently, and the price of rum had increased as a result. Even ordinary rum was hard to find. He hadn't drunk rum for two months, because he was afraid of buying fake rum from those black-hearted merchants.

Therefore, he was surprised and seriously doubtful when he saw Mamy Restaurant releasing rum, and even saying it was Old Sim's rum.

How did the rum that was so hard to come by in the market become sold in glasses like beer in Boss Mag's restaurant?!

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

It was only 1,000 copper coins, so Karoo wouldn't feel anything even if it was fake. Even though he was doubtful, he still ordered one glass.

Anyway, Old Carl was sitting across from him. If it was fake, then there would be another story about a black-hearted merchant who sold fake alcohol to his regular customers after he got rich.

"Boss, would people order my rum? Would the people in Chaos City get used to drinking it?" In the kitchen, Hannah was worriedly looking at the customers out there. Although she was very confident about her brewing skills, she was afraid the rum would taste different after it came to a different place.

"Don't worry. Even though rum is a niche liquor in Chaos City, it has very good potential to grow and expand here," Mag answered as he tossed the fried rice.

He had spent some time studying the alcohol market in Chaos City previously. The local breweries were of poor standard, and couldn't satisfy the local alcohol connoisseurs who were after high-quality alcohol. Therefore, there were merchants who would specially import alcohol to Chaos City from all over the continent, and the market for it was huge.

Even though the rum had a niche market, due to the difficulty in transporting it on the uneven roads from the Twilight Forest, there wasn't a huge amount of rum that eventually got to Chaos City.

Mag's objective in releasing the rum in Mamy Restaurant was to establish a group of loyal followers for the brewery in the future so that they wouldn't have to worry about the sales then.

"There's a total of 18 glasses of rum. They are respectively: one glass for customer 1 and 3 of table three, one glass for customer 2 of table four, table six..." Yabemiya went into the kitchen, and began to report about the orders.

Babla stood at the kitchen's entrance and closed her eyes. Round glasses which were filled with amber-colored rum began to float out, and accurately landed on the tables of all the customers that Yabemiya reported had ordered them.

A maiden clapped her claps, and marveled, "Wow. That's so cool. A spatial magic caster is doing the serving! This restaurant is awesome!"

The customers smiled at the maiden's marvel. Of course, that was indeed very cool.

However, many people were attracted by the alcohol's rich aroma when it floated past them. That was a soothing scent. Simply smelling it could mesmerize them.

However, that glass wasn't big, and a tiny glass of rum actually cost 1,000 copper coins. Some customers who didn't drink felt that this price was rather steep, and couldn't help feeling sorry for those customers who had ordered it.

Thud...

A quiet thud sounded, and two glasses landed in front of Old Carl and Karoo.

Their eyes were attracted by the amber liquid in the transparent glasses in front of them at the same time. This wine glass was smaller than the beer mug. It didn't have a handle, and could be held easily by hand.

A rich alcoholic aroma washed over them. There was even a tinge of the white oak barrel's fragrance in the midst of the rich aroma, which made their eyes light up at the same time.

"Yes, it's this aroma! It's this aroma! The aroma of Old Sim's rum. This unique and unduplicable aroma. That has to be it!" Old Carl said with surprise. He couldn't conceal the excitement on his face.

Meanwhile, Karoo lowered his head to take a deep sniff, and then showed a mesmerized expression. He also excitedly said, "It not only was brewed by Master Old Sim, this is rum that was even aged over 15 years! Rum of such quality, plus Old Sim's branding, a glass of it could easily cost over 5,000 copper coins!"

Chapter 1590: That's Good. We Should Pass On Our Traditional Crafts

The glasses of rum that were served ignited the passion of the customers who ordered them.

People could recognize good alcohol. Of course, apart from those people who didn't know it.

The people who were the first to order the rum were drinkers even if they were not rum aficionados. Looking at the rum's color and smelling its aroma, they knew it was the real thing.

Old Carl lifted the glass up carefully, and looked at it against the French doors. The amber-colored rum was clear, and had no sediment.

Even though this glass wasn't as big as the beer mug, given that rum was a liquor with a high alcohol concentration, a small glass like this was enough for a normal person.

Old Carl put the glass next to his lips and took a small sip. Its smooth and sweet texture made one mesmerized unknowingly. The rich aroma had a hint of the barrel's smell. Only an aged rum that was stored in an oak barrel could release such an exquisite taste.

He had been thinking about that small bottle of rum for 18 years, and it was only aged for three years. They were both brewed by Master Old Sim.

He thought he would never get to drink rum that was brewed by Master Old Sim ever again in his life. He didn't expect he would get to drink such authentic and finely aged rum at Mamy Restaurant for only 1,000 copper coins.

Old Carl only opened his eyes slowly after a long time, and lamented, "I never expected I could get to drink rum brewed by Master Old Sim again. This Boss Mag is shrewd."

"It's more than just shrewd. Boss Mag has really formidable means!" Karoo had also drunk half of his glass, and was flushed with excitement.

It was a great deal whenever someone in the alcoholic aficionado circles had an unsealed bottle of Old Sim's rum that was aged over 15 years. After all, rum of that particular quality was only supplied for the Falk Tribe's nobles and chief.

However, he didn't expect to drink rum of that quality in a restaurant in Chaos City.

Furthermore!

It only cost 1,000 copper coins!

If this news got out, he estimated the entire rum aficionado circle in Chaos City was going to explode with excitement.

He didn't know what means Boss Mag used to procure rum of such high quality, and he was selling it at such a low price. It was so fairly priced that he worried that he might even suffer a loss.

The praises could be heard without end. A glass of rum that cost 1,000 copper coins was indeed expensive, but people who ordered it all said that it was well worth it.

"The feedback sounds positive." Mag wasn't too surprised to hear praises and laments in the kitchen.

Hannah's rum was indeed very good, and this batch was brewed by her grandpa, so there was even no need for him to worry about its quality.

The super positive reviews and feedback given by the customers who had ordered the rum enticed those customers who didn't understand rum but still loved alcohol to order a glass too.

Karoo was taking sip after sip of it, and already finished half of the glass before the grilled fish was even served. He quickly gestured to Yabemiya when he saw her walk by. "Miss, can you please fill this wine flask with rum. I will pay as much as you can fill it."

Old Carl's eyes brightened when he heard that, and began searching his body for things that could be used to hold rum.

It would be fantastic to bring such a great rum back to have a sip every now and then.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Many customers were tempted too. Customers who had wine flasks with them were already smiling. It would be great to show off to their friends if they could bring some of it back.

"I'm sorry, dear customer. We don't allow takeaway for the restaurant's drinks and beverages." Yabemiya rejected him with a smile.

"Then, can I have one additional glass, please? I can even pay more for it. Will 1,500 copper coins a glass do?" Karoo sincerely said. He had a bad habit of taking a sip everywhere he went. It wasn't much, but he couldn't do without it. He had come across such marvelous rum today, so wouldn't it be great to be able to have a sip of it every now and then wherever he went?

"I'm sorry. This is the restaurant's rule." Yabemiya rejected it without any hesitation.

"Alright. I am being greedy." Karoo sighed, but he could understand the reason behind it. Such high-quality rum was selling at such a cheap price, and according to the market price, they were selling the rum way below the former. If people with ulterior motives deliberately ordered it for takeaway, they could sell it and flip the profit many times as soon as they left the restaurant.

An orc at the side emotionally said, "Miss Miya, I have a friend who has been lying on the bed for three years, and he is going to die soon. All he wants is to have a glass of Master Old Sim's rum before he dies. Do you—"

"Dear customer, you may want to take a look at the rules at the back of the menu," Miya replied with a smile.

"Hehe. I am just cracking a joke." That orc immediately laughed, and embarrassedly scratched his head. "My father always said that our tribe was just next to the Falk Tribe, and after moving to Chaos City for dozens of years, he deeply missed the rum made by Master Old Sim. I don't know about rum well enough, and have been scammed by the sellers with fake rum many times. It's fine to lose the money, but it sucked to be laughed at by my father.

"He can't walk very well now. I just want to bring a glass back for him to try. So many people here said it is real, so I believe it has to be. However, I know Mamy Restaurant's rules very well. I guess I will have to wait for my father to get well enough, and bring him here myself."

Yabemiya's lips moved slightly as she looked at that orc before she finally nodded. "Alright." Then, she went on to the next customer.

Hannah stood at the kitchen's entrance, looked at those people who were excited and others who went deep into their thoughts, and softly said, "I didn't expect... so many people to know my grandpa and love the rum that he brewed in Chaos City, which is so far away." A tear slid down from a corner of her eye and fell to the floor, but she swiftly wiped her tears away.

"Boss, I have decided. Apart from building the brewing machines, I also want to brew rum properly so I won't tarnish Old Sim's reputation," Hannah said to Mag with conviction as she turned toward him before revealing a bright smile.

"That's good. We should pass on our traditional crafts." Mag nodded.

"So rum actually tasted so exquisite. This aroma and texture totally crush those breweries in the city. The master indeed lives up to his name." Harrison had already drunk more than half of his glass. His rotund body swayed, and he said with narrow eyes, "However... this rum seems rather strong? Why are there two glasses in my hand now?"

Gjerj propped himself against the pillar next to him, and seriously said, "Bro, we have only just begun. Y-you cannot collapse so soon..."

Chapter 1591: I Am Going To Find A Man As Exceptional As Him In The Future

Rum was a liquor with a high alcohol content. Mag had it at the Falk Tribe before. Rum that had been aged for 15 years had a 50-60% alcohol content. Beer, which had only eight to nine percent, couldn't even compare to it.

If those people who were used to drinking fruit wine and beers suddenly drank liquor with such high alcohol content, their most direct reaction was: tipsiness.

Harrison and Gjerj had already realized that this liquor's prowess was different, so they decided to put the liquor aside, prop their heads up with their hands, and obediently wait for their food to be served.

It was fine to get drunk for an excellent liquor, but they still hadn't tried the 'husband and wife lung slice' yet, so it would be a pity to get drunk now.

They had to try the new item!

This was their unified consensus.

"Your 'husband and wife lung slice'." Right then, Yabemiya came over, and placed a plate of "husband and wife lung slice" in between them.

"Wow. Such bright colors! What a spicy and enticing aroma! This is so seductive." Harrison stared at the 'husband and wife lung slice' with wide eyes. The sliced beef and offals were placed upon one another to form a shape of a volcano in the center of the dish. A scoop of red oil was drizzled over the 'volcano', and it looked just like an active volcano that was about to erupt.

A handful of crushed peanuts and roasted sesame seeds was scattered over it, and a tender green cilantro was placed at the mouth of the volcano as the garnish. The bright and enticing colors together with the spicy aroma made them gulp uncontrollably.

"I have waited days for this dish. Finally, I get to eat it. Boss Mag has really made me wait for it." Gjerj gulped before using his chopsticks to pick up a piece of beef.

The thinly sliced beef was coated with a layer of red oil and garnished with roasted sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Whiffs of the aroma of the braised meat and red oil drifted gradually. The taste buds were already tickled even before it entered the mouth.

After Gjerj bit down, the rich aroma of the red oil and the spiciness blossomed on the tip of his tongue at the same time. Shortly after that, it was the rich aroma of the braised beef.

The soft and smooth beef disintegrated after being bitten softly. The taste buds couldn't help quivering as they welcomed the impact of this spiciness like a tropical storm.

"Wow~"

Gjerj's fatty flesh jiggled uncontrollably as that exquisite taste hit his body like lightning. Even his skull seemed to be cracked open.

He was going to the heavens!

Rip!

His clothes already couldn't contain his trembling fatty flesh, and began to split open.

"Sorry, my apologies. I really cannot control it..." Gjerj tugged his clothes back, and chuckled with embarrassment.

"Is it really that powerful?" Harrison raised his comical short eyebrows as he quickly picked up a piece of tripe. He was a huge fan of the hot pot's tripe. If he hadn't wanted to try out the new product, he would have gone for the hot pot after holding himself back for all these days.

The tripe that was sliced lengthwise was light yellow after braising. It had a natural grid on its surface with a layer of red oil coated all over it, which made it look very enticing.

Judging from their appearance, the tripes in the "husband and wife lung slice" and in the hotpot were completely different.

The hot pot's tripe was thinly sliced, and had a unique crunchiness. Meanwhile, could this complicated and thick tripe be as scrumptious as those judges described?

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Harrison couldn't help feeling a little doubtful, but he still popped the tripe into his mouth without any hesitation.

After the tripe entered the mouth, it began to cross swords with his teeth. The thick tripe indeed wasn't as tender as the hot pot's tripe.

It was slightly chewier, but not too difficult to chew. It could be torn apart with a slightly harder bite, so it brought about a very amazing chewy sensation.

The aromatic spicy red oil, the roasted sesame seeds, and crushed peanuts began to blossom at the tip of his tongue as if they were a marching band in red uniforms solemnly introducing the tripe with noisy music.

The aroma of the marinate was so rich as if it had seeped into every inch of the tripe. Then, it simmered, simmered before exploding!

The aroma of the red oil, marinate, and the tripe fought such an enjoyable battle on the tip of the tongue. It was so intense that Harrison's taste buds were too busy to handle them. They could only lament with amazement before surrendering completely.

"Spicy and enjoyable! It is indeed comparable to the hot pot's tripe! This tripe is indeed fantastic. This is an irresistible delicacy!" Harrison already felt slightly awake from his tipsiness. He couldn't help taking a big gulp of the beer while feeling the spiciness in his mouth.

Awesome alcoholic beverages together with awesome food escalated his enjoyment to the next level.

"This is really the best dish to go with alcohol," Harrison praised.

"I agree. Boss Mag gave me a new understanding of beef with a new cooking method again." Gjerj nodded in agreement. The spiciness coupled with the alcohol made sweat bead on his forehead. The term "refreshing" wasn't even enough to describe this sensation.

As it was a new product that was highly anticipated, many customers ordered the "husband and wife lung slice" tonight.

Vivian and Luna were sitting at a table for two in a corner. They had a spicy grilled fish and a freshly served "husband and wife lung slice" on their table.

"Vivian, do you think this dish is really made with a pair of husband and wife's lung slices?" Luna peered at the big plate of red "husband and wife lung slice" in front of her. This scary name gave her scary thoughts.

Vivian leaned slightly forward and waved her hand at Luna as she whispered, "Come here, let me tell you a little secret."

"What's it?" Luna leaned forward perplexedly.

"My father said that loving married couples have been disappearing mysteriously lately, and whenever their bodies are found, their lungs..." Vivian revealed a scary smile on her face.

"Ah..." Luna was so afraid that she leaned back, and made a soft sound as she stared at the "husband and wife lung slice" with fear. That attracted questioning looks from the customers sitting at the tables around them.

"Hahaha..." Vivian was laughing so hard that there were tears at the corners of her eyes. She could only stop after a while. "Their lungs were intact."

"Y-you rascal. You only know to lie to me and frighten me." Luna looked at Vivian with anger and resignation before she nodded to the customers around them to express her apologies.

"I didn't expect our Teacher Luna would believe such stories, either." Vivian shrugged. She couldn't wait to pick up a piece of ox scalp with her chopsticks. "All these are made with beef and beef offal. Although it is called 'husband and wife lung slice', there isn't even a piece of ox lung in there. Boss Mag is really getting more and more misleading when naming his dishes."

"So it's beef?" Luna heaved a breath of relief upon hearing that.

"Yes. You see, this is a piece of ox scalp." Vivian put the ox scalp against the light, and the light shone through the gelatinous ox scalp. A layer of red oil was coating the semi-transparent ox scalp, and it looked extremely tantalizing. She couldn't help praising it. "It's indeed done by Boss Mag. Even a piece of ox scalp is so artistically made. I am going to find a man as exceptional as him in the future, or else I shall remain single forever."

Chapter 1592: You Are Really Very Popular Among Women

"That is not going to be easy." Luna looked toward the kitchen with a smile. She could see Mag's busy figure in the kitchen through the glass panel from where she was sitting. He was holding up the whole busy restaurant by himself, and yet he was able to maintain a gentle attitude at all times. Furthermore, his achievements in mathematics were way beyond the reach of normal people. She was afraid that they were never going to find another man as exceptional as him in Chaos City again.

"What about you, Luna? I've heard that your father has been pressing you to return to Rodu to get married. He has been looking at many young masters on your behalf," Vivian said to Luna smilingly. "Those chaps heard that our Luna is extremely beautiful, and the matchmakers have been going to your house nonstop."

"Nah, that's not true." Luna blushed and shook her head. "Grandfather has declined them for me. I don't want to think about getting married now. I don't want marriage to divert my attention, and I also cannot guarantee that the man that I marry will support what I am doing now."

"Oh, yes. Our Teacher Luna is a very busy woman. This term is going to be over soon, and many children will get to attend school in the next term. You are going to be super busy in the coming one-month-long school holiday, so you've got to take care of your health." Vivian stopped smiling, and looked at Luna piteously.

Ever since Luna had set up the foundation, she had been working even harder. Buying the necessities for the children and supervising the building of the new school premises had taken up almost all of her time. It was rare for her to have time to come out with Vivian. She looked even skinnier than before.

"It's fine. The school premises are almost going to be finished soon, and the stuff that we bought or have been donated by the charity have almost all arrived. We should be able to complete everything before the beginning of the next term," Luna replied with a smile.

"I say a busy person like you should marry a man who can take care of you and your children, and cooks very well to keep you fed," Vivian lamented before she suddenly froze, and then looked toward the kitchen.

"What are you looking at?" Luna waved her hand in front of her eyes.

"The best candidate for your husband," Vivian replied gravely.

"Hmm?" Luna looked over, following Vivian's gaze, and saw Mag who just turned around to grill the beef kebabs. She blushed again and pouted. "What nonsense are you spouting?"

"I'm not spouting nonsense. I'm being serious." Vivian grasped Luna's hand, and continued to say in a lowered voice, "Let me analyze it for you. Don't you want to find a man who could support you in your career? Wasn't Boss Mag the first person who supported you when you first established the foundation? Furthermore, he continued to support your foundation this whole time.

"You are definitely not thinking about having children now, and that adorable and obedient Little Amy has solved that problem perfectly. Don't you like her too?

"Furthermore, Boss Mag is a super hands-on dad. Even if you are going to have children in the future, you don't have to worry at all. You can throw the kid to him, and continue to do whatever you want to do.

"Of course, the most, most, most important thing is, you will get to eat the dishes that he cooks every day!

"You will get to eat the food served by Boss Mag personally when you wake up every morning. This is the dream of countless women in Chaos City!

"Then, I won't have to worry about your body again. Given his doting character toward his child, he definitely is going to dote on his wife. I only have to worry that you are going to get fat.

"See, after my analysis, isn't Boss Mag super suitable for you?"

"According to your analysis, every maiden in Chaos City is lining up with hopes to marry Mr. Mag." Luna chuckled resignedly, but her face was still red. Although she was trying very hard to chase Vivian's words out of her mind, they kept hovering in her mind like a magical chant.

In all these years, apart from grandfather, no man had ever supported her like Mag did.

Even her father and those men who had pursued her couldn't understand what she was doing for the children. They all asked her to stop feeding that bottomless pit.

However, she was simply doing whatever she could, and all those children could only depend on her.

She really had to say that Mr. Mag was indeed a very special person.

But... could she match up to him?

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

She couldn't even take care of herself well, so how was she going to take up the responsibility of caring for a whole family and being a mother?

Vivian nodded matter-of-factly. "Of course, Boss Mag is young and promising, and has powerful genes. He can hold himself well both in the kitchen and beyond it. He is gentle-mannered, and the most important factor is that he is rather handsome. He is a typical premium, rich, and slightly mature gentleman. If he sticks an advertisement 'looking for a wife' on his door, the line formed by the ladies who come to answer the call will most probably reach the city's gate."

"Is that so?" Luna covered her mouth. She was slightly disappointed apart from feeling shocked. If that was the case, it most probably wouldn't be her.

"Don't be discouraged. You have Little Amy, this trump card, in your hand. Given your and Amy's relationship and Boss Mag's indulgence for Little Amy, you have a very good chance to become his wife." Vivian grabbed Luna's hands as she encouraged her. "However, dealing with such a premium single man, you have to take more initiative. Otherwise, you are going to lose out to others. But, you cannot be too proactive, as it doesn't match your temperament and occupation. You have to establish your persona as a noble and virtuous teacher so you can arouse his desire to conquer. Then, you will play hard to get..."

"Wait a sec... Where did you learn all these things from?" Luna asked Vivian suspiciously. She knew what happened in her good friend's life for the past 18 years very well. She had been single since her birth, but why was she able to tell her all these theories now?

"Hehe. From the books. You can find everything in books..." Vivian chuckled smugly.

"Alright. Let's stop talking about this." Luna rolled her eyes, and then flicked a glance at the grilled fish. "Your grilled fish is going to get overcooked if you don't start eating."

"Oh! I almost forgot about that!" Vivian got a shock, and swiftly used her chopsticks to swipe in between the fish and the grilling pan to prevent the skin from getting stuck to it before she started to eat the grilled fish seriously.

Luna took a few bites of the grilled fish before throwing a glance at the kitchen. Her lips turned up a little when she saw that busy figure. She swiftly retrieved her gaze, and continued to chitchat with Vivian.

As Mamy Restaurant's first cold dish, the 'husband and wife lung slice' had received unanimous good reviews from the customers.

Meanwhile, the rum had made many customers drunk. Some of them got drunk together with their companions, while others got drunk all alone by themselves.

Those who came with their own coachman were still fine. Mag had to press for an address from the murmuring mouths of those who didn't have a coachman with them before hailing horse-drawn carriages to send them back.

Of course, many of them headed to places like the brothels.

Irina, who was wearing a thin negligee and holding a glass of red wine, came down the stairs gracefully as she spoke to Mag, who was closing the restaurant's door, with a vague smile. "Out of 10 tables of female customers, five tables of them were discussing how they were going to pursue you, while the other five tables lamented that they had gotten married way too early. You are really very popular among women."

Chapter 1593: You're The Most Beautiful Person To Me

The blood-red wine swirled in the wine glass. Mag watched as Irina walked down the stairs step by step. Her thin white chiffon nightgown was a little translucent. Although one could not see through it, it gave off the illusion of making it possible.

Her long silver hair was let down, and her fair feet were bare. A leaf would appear under her foot with every step she took, which served as a foil for her beauty.

Any man would go crazy seeing such a beauty walk towards him, with that kind of perfect looks and that sweet smile.

Mag was a man, but at the moment, he was unable to go crazy.

Instead, he was a little flustered over what Irina said.

"Er... Customers would usually come up with some unrealistic thoughts the moment they eat something delicious." Mag let out a cough, and seriously said, "Am I a man that they could lay their hands on?"

"Tsk." Irina could not hold her laughter in.

Her smile was like a beautiful flower in full bloom on that usually icy cold face, and that made Mag a little awestruck.

"What's wrong?" Irina looked at him.

"It's nothing. I just thought that you look quite nice when you smile."

"Quite?"

"No... very nice."

"How nice is very nice?" Irina took a step forward, almost sticking her face to his.

The faint fragrance that wafted over was as soothing as the Spring of Life. Mag looked at the person in front of him with a smile, and said, "Nothing in this world can describe your beauty. You're the most beautiful person to me."

Irina paused and looked into Mag's eyes. Her eyes were as bright as the stars, and her gaze was passionate. Although she still had a calm expression on, her heart started to race uncontrollably.

Mag looked at Irina, who was just in front of her. Her full and luscious lips were extremely enticing. A strange urge started to overwhelm him.

The enchanting scent of red wine intoxicated both of them as they started to lean forward unknowingly.

It was a long and passionate kiss.

***

Rodu. The Royal Palace.

"Let's set off to bring Vanessa back. There are too many factors that lead to instability there. It's no longer safe," Andre told Sean, who was down on one knee.

"Yes." Sean stood up and turned. He stopped and turned back with hesitation before saying, "Royal Father, what should I do if I run into Alex on this trip?

"Do you have the confidence to kill him?" Andre asked.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"No." Sean shook his head.

"He does."

"I understand." Sean nodded and turned to leave quickly.

"The Wind Forest, Boundless Sea Realm, Twilight Forest... Alex, you're really everywhere." Andre paced about the palace slowly and smiled. "It seems like you've been living well over the past three years, and you've started to take a liking for meddling in other people's affairs."

The blue flame at the tip of the magnificent Magus Tower continued burning brightly in the near distance.

"The triennial Magic Caster Tournament is about to begin. According to tradition, Krassu will commence its opening. Will we still be inviting him this year?"

"Of course not. He's no longer part of the Magus Tower. What are we inviting him for?"

"Krassu was the one who suggested and created the Magic Caster Tournament. All these years, many outstanding talents from our field had been chosen from the tournament, and this tournament had also opened a path for magic casters of humble backgrounds to achieve greater things. It had also boosted the improvement in the world of magic in the Roth Empire. The tournament can do without anyone except Master Krassu!"

"Nonsense! I think you are also thinking of betraying the Magus Tower, and that's why you keep speaking up for Krassu!"

"One of the 10 core principles of the Magus Tower is the freedom to come and go. There hasn't been a case where leaving the tower becomes a betrayal. Anyone who upholds justice would know how much contribution Master Krassu had made for the Magus Tower. I am not speaking up for him, I am just saying something just and fair!"

The round-table meeting in the meeting room of the Magus Tower had been ongoing for hours, but there was no conclusion because of the constant arguments.

"Enough!" Richard, who was sitting on the main seat, said sternly.

The noise in the meeting room decreased as everyone looked at Richard.

"I will send Krassu an invitation, and it's up to him to decide if he comes or not." Richard stood up as he walked towards the door, and said, "Today's meeting will end here. Dismissed."

"Great Elder, are we really inviting Krassu?" Brent asked with a frown as he followed behind Richard.

"It has been the tradition of the Magic Caster Tournament for Krassu to commence the opening. If we didn't even send him an invitation, it would seem as though we were very stingy," Richard continued as he walked. "As for whether he would turn up or not, judging from his character, I don't think he will come after finding a good disciple."

Brent nodded ponderingly.

Richard suddenly stopped in his tracks, and turned back to look at Brent, saying, "Right, His Majesty has ordered us to send two magic casters to go down south to Chaos City with the first prince. I was thinking of sending you and Elliot. You will set off early tomorrow morning."

"Go down south with the first prince?" Brent was stunned for a while. He looked around, and lowered his voice as he said, "Does... the second prince know about this?"

Richard seriously replied, "This is His Majesty's orders. Whether Josh knows about it or not is not important. This is a mission to escort Princess Vanessa back, and your top priority is to ensure the safety of the first prince and the princess."

"Princess Vanessa is in Chaos City?!" Brent was a little shocked. He saw Richard's serious face, and quickly schooled his expression. He nodded seriously, and said, "Alright. I will be sure to complete this mission."

***

"What a free and easy couple. One moment they're at the Wind Forest, the next at Chaos City, then the Twilight Forest... heh... haha..." Josh sat at the pavilion in the middle of the lake. There were a few bottles of unopened wine beside him and a few smashed bottles on the ground. He looked at the lake with a sinister smile, looking a little drunk.

At the corner of the pavilion, two servants huddle together, shivering in fear, afraid to look at Josh. This was a very scary side of the second prince.

A shadow guard appeared at the pavilion and went down on one knee. "Your Highness. There's a guest from the Twilight Forest. He said he brought something precious as a gift for you," he said respectfully.

"An orc from the Twilight Forest?" Josh frowned. He looked at the shadow guard, and asked, "What is it?"

"He would not allow me to see it, and said that he could only hand it to you," the guard said with his head lowered.

"Heh... interesting..." Josh smiled curiously, and waved his hand as he said, "The two of you, you're dismissed. Bring that fellow over."

"Your Highness, that orc seems a little strange. Should I set things up first?" that shadow guard asked with hesitation.

"This is Rodu, the second prince's mansion. Who would dare to do anything to me here?" Josh laughed complacently. He waved his hand. "Bring him in."

Very quickly, a frail and old orc with leopard print on his face was brought to the pavilion. He had a black stone box in his hands. He bowed respectfully to Josh, and said in a hoarse voice, "Maurice is here to pay respects to the second prince."

"What's that in your hands?" Josh asked curiously as he looked at the stone box in the orc's hands.

"This is very precious, and should not be seen by a third person." Maurice did not reveal it immediately. Instead, he glanced at the shadow guard beside him.

"You're dismissed." Josh waved his hand.

The shadow guard hesitated for a while, but still disappeared.

"Go on, what's that?"

"Your Highness, have you heard of the Urba Tribe's massacre that happened more than 300 years ago?" asked the orc in his hoarse voice.

Chapter 1594: What Is Eternally Asleep Might Not Be Dead

The hovering Dragon Islands.

In a magnificent hall, 10 giant dragons stood each at one side, and the atmosphere in the hall was very tense.

The top 10 powerhouses of this world, representing the 10 giant dragon tribes, were all gathered here.

"Is the information from the Twilight Forest reliable? Do devils really exist?" the chief of the Fire Dragon Tribe, Lorenzo, asked loudly in disbelief while spitting fire.

"Irina used the Holy Light to kill the devil possessing Isaiah, and purified both of them, causing them to disintegrate. This was presented to everyone at the scene.

"Back then during the Urba Tribe massacre, there were already a lot of unsolved questions. We've also found traces of evil aura on the site. That's why we didn't put Rex to death, and only locked him up in Bastie Prison.

"If what Rex said was true, I'm afraid the devils have already seeped out into this world, but we know nothing about this or them," Douglas said in an icy cold tone, making the air around cool down a lot.

"The giant dragons are the strongest race in this world. We are the rulers of the sky from birth. Even if the devil really exists, there's nothing to be afraid of," Eustace, the great elder of the purple crystal dragon tribe, said with a complacent laugh. "Isn't it a joke to gather the top 10 giant dragons over for such a small thing?"

"I still have a scheduled fight with Titan. If there's nothing else, I'll make a move first." Zaiya, the chief of the tyranno dragon tribe, stood up and turned to leave the hall.

"If devils do exist in this world, I'm afraid this matter will not be as simple as we think." Just then, the chief of the giant dragon tribe, who had been silent all along, solemnly said, "I chanced upon a giant wall mural in the golden dragon tribe's forbidden cave. It was left behind by our ancestors. I have never understood what it was trying to express for all these years, but I think I should bring all of you over to take a look."

"A wall mural left behind by the ancestors?" The other giant dragons were all shocked when they heard that. Even Zaiya, who was reaching the door, stopped in his tracks.

A giant dragon's long lifespan allowed them enough time to pass on stories orally to the younger generation without the need for written words or wall murals.

However, Golden Dragon Island, which was where giant dragons originated from, had a wall mural left behind by their ancestors. It was something even Louis, the dragon who had seen the most and lived the longest, was unable to comprehend. That drew quite a lot of attention from the other giant dragons.

"Let's go." Louis got up, flapped his wings, and disappeared from the hall.

The other giant dragons followed along.

Within a moment, the giant dragons appeared in a dark underground cave. A giant wall mural that was more than 500 meters long spread out in front of them.

This was something only a giant dragon could have done.

Even the best giant dragons of each tribe were shocked to see a wall mural of such scale underground.

"I can't believe that a wall mural like this actually exists underground in the golden dragon tribe. But what's drawn on it?" Lorenzo spat out a ball of flame. It flew out and stopped, suspended in mid-air 100 meters in front of the mural.

That was when the entire mural hidden deep underground was displayed in front of everyone.

Chaos.

What they could see was just chaos.

This was a complete drawing. There were countless different races and also countless creepy scenes drawn on the mural.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

The giant dragons were killing and tearing each other apart, the forest trolls were twisting their fellows' heads off while having half an elf in their mouths, and the goblins had red eyes and were riding on orcs as they chased a group of monkeys hysterically. The Boundless Sea Realm was stained red, with demon bodies floating around as clusters of horrifying big fishes tore them apart. There were also many other races they had not seen before killing and murdering their own and people of other races maniacally...

Right at the center of the mural was an unknown grayish-black object the size of a small mountain. The giant dragons were as small as mosquitos in front of it, and there were several tentacles reaching out from a hexagonal seal on top that was suppressing it. Those tentacles were dotted with blood-red eyes that were gleaming with evil, as though they were about to break out from a seal.

When the giant dragons saw that, their expressions changed a little.

"Wh-what is this?!" Lorenzo, who was standing right in front of the image of the unknown thing, took a step back subconsciously.

The creepy and striking image had shocked the giant dragons.

"If an unknown and horrifying devil does exist in this world, it will probably look like this." Louis took a step forward, and solemnly said, "This wall mural dates back way further than what we've recorded and passed down as giant dragons. What I am talking about here is tens of millennia, but there is nothing about this wall mural from what we've passed down as giant dragons. Therefore, I even thought that this might be a creation of imagination left behind by one of our ancestors."

"The different races at war with each other, even killing amongst themselves, could this be an actual record of a war between races from ancient times?" Eustace asked with a frown.

"No. This seemed more like how Rex described the Urba Tribe killing amongst themselves after they were controlled by the devil." Douglas fixed his gaze on the mural as he solemnly said, "The war between races isn't like this. Giant dragons would not attack our own kind so ravingly. No other race would attack their own kind so rabidly, even more so for the elves."

"This is just a wall mural, why are all of you so nervous?" Zaiya pressed his lips together with a smile, and said, "Maybe it's just a wall mural drawn by one of our ancestors when he had nothing to do to scare us."

"No. I think Douglas is right. This wall mural should be a warning left behind by our ancestors. There was something odd happening underground three years ago, and that was how I discovered this hidden underground cave and just this wall mural. And in only three years, there have been purported appearances of the devil in the Twilight Forest. There must be a relation between these two occurrences." Louis walked up to the front. He fixed his gaze on that unknown object with a giant octopus head, human body, and giant wings. "I'm afraid this fellow was sealed somewhere by our ancestors, and right now, he has started reaching his tentacles out to do something to our world."

"How is that possible! You said that this wall mural existed for tens of millennia. How can that thing be alive for so long? Even giant dragons have a lifespan of only 3000 years," Lorenzo questioned.

"Take a look at the words at the corner." Louis turned to look at the corner of the mural.

There was a string of words written in archaic giant dragon language.

"What is eternally asleep might not be dead..." Lorenzo read out loud in a shaking voice.

Chapter 1595: If A Little Sister Isn't For Playing, What's The Point Of Having Her?

Mag had a good dream.

There was everything in the dream.

After that, the alarm rang.

Mag reached over to switch the alarm off, and glanced at the beauty sleeping peacefully in his embrace. He smiled.

"Hmph, I knew it. Father must have been holding Mother to sleep. You don't even hold me to sleep anymore." A soft grumble came from the bedside.

Mag turned around stiffly. He looked at Amy, who was standing by the bed with her arms crossed, with an awkward smile, and said, "Little Amy, listen, last night, both of us had a drop too much, and then—"

"I'm not listening! I'm not listening!"

('へ ́*)ノ

"In any case... in any case... If there aren't two strawberry ice creams, I'm not appeased."

Amy turned her face away proudly.

"Oh... then to make up for my little princess, I'll go down to prepare a delicious breakfast set." Mag pulled his slightly numb arm out from under Irina's neck, got up, and tucked her in before fetching a clean set of chef's suit. He bent down and pinched Amy's nose with a smile as he said, "Come, give me a kiss."

"One more ice cream for one kiss," Amy said proudly after stealing a glance at Mag.

"Okay, I'll add that for you. But you can only have your ice cream in the afternoon and evening." Mag nodded with a smile.

"Mua..." Amy put her arms around Mag's neck, and kissed his cheek as she happily chirped, "That's three ice creams!"

"Alright, three it is. Any flavor you want." Mag smiled satisfyingly as he stroked Amy's head. He walked out, heading for the bathroom to get changed.

Last night...

He must have underestimated the power of rum and wine. They were both drunk.

After that... probably nothing happened.

Although they were lying on the same bed, they were still properly dressed.

However, he didn't know how he got changed into his pajamas.

"Alcohol is trouble... Alcohol is trouble..." Mag lamented as he brushed his teeth.

"Mother, are you awake?" Amy asked softly as she lay on the bed, watching the sleeping beauty Irina.

Irina opened her eyes and looked at Amy with a smile. She asked, "How did Little Amy know that I was awake?"

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"I saw you smiling just now," Amy replied with a smile. She took off her shoes and crawled under the blanket, naturally moving into Irina's embrace. She closed her eyes comfortably, and said, "I've chased Father away. Now, this place is mine. I'm going back to sleep."

Irina put her arms around Amy and smiled lovingly as she said, "Don't you love your father more?"

"Who said so? I love both of you." Amy shook her head. She reached out and stroked Irina's tummy as she expectantly said, "Are you going to give birth to a little sister for me to play?"

"A little sister?" Irina froze a little. She looked at Amy with a strange expression, and asked, "Do you want a little sister?"

"Mm-hm, mm-hm. I love little sisters." Amy nodded. She regretfully said, "Parmer's little sister, Christy, is super cute, but she's someone else's little sister, so she's not very convenient to play."

"How can you say that? You should say 'play with'." Irina broke into a chuckle.

"If a little sister isn't for playing, what's the point of having her?" Amy questioned.

"Why does that... sound so familiar?" Irina thought for a while. She seemed to recall saying something similar when she was pregnant with Amy.

"We could make her up to become a beautiful little princess, bring her around to beat up baddies, teach her how to play with fire... Anyway, if I had a little sister, it would definitely be super fun." Amy looked at Irina expectantly.

Irina found it a little difficult to reject the little fellow when she saw the purity and anticipation in her eyes.

But that blockhead really became drunk after making her drink so much alcohol. Even if she wanted to give Amy a little sister, it was not something that she could do alone.

Besides, there were currently a lot of things cropping up, enemies all over the place, and even the Evil God was awaiting his chance. She would not dare to let herself be pregnant for three years again and go back to her vulnerable stage.

"You'll have to wait for a while more if you want a little sister. When my stomach becomes bigger, you'll have a little sister,' Irina told Amy with a smile.

"When your stomach becomes bigger?" Amy caressed Irina's flat stomach, and stuck her face to it as she softly said, "Little sister, you'll have to grow up quickly. I'm waiting right here for you."

Grooowl~

"Hey! Mother, listen, she's replying to me!" Amy said with delight as her eyes lit up.

"Er... that's right..."

***

The sky just turned a little bright, and there was already a long line outside Mamy Restaurant. Most of the people in the line were middle-aged men.

"Drinking is most men's favorite activity. Some people prefer to enjoy their drinks in a high-class restaurant, while others like to have a few rounds in a little bar.

"When you're a little tipsy, the whole world will look so much gentler and cuter," a slightly tipsy middle-aged man started.

"That's enough. Madam said that if you don't go back today, don't ever think of going back," a young servant said helplessly as he supported the swaying man.

"Whom is that woman trying to scare? I am the master of the house! I am a man, I—"

"Master, Madam is the one who calls the shots," that servant reminded him.

"I... I... I'll go back right now." That man flung the servant's hand away, and walked briskly towards a horse-drawn carriage. After a few steps, he stopped to turn back as he said to his companion, "Hey, taste it for me and tell me if it's really made by Old Sim. Tell the boss to leave a bottle for me."

"Alright. Get going. Otherwise, you wouldn't even have the money to drink next time," his companion said with a smile as he watched the middle-aged man go off into the distance before saying, "If it's really made by Old Sim, there must still be something left to leave some for you..."

15-year-old wine! Old Sim's rum! 1000 copper coins for a glass!

This news had exploded within the small circle of Chaos City's rum lovers.

Those who knew would know what that meant.

Someone was doing charity with a precious work of art!

A 15-year-old brew was only served to the chief and a minority of the nobles in the Falk Tribe. Such alcohol was rarely circulated out of the Falk Tribe, much less to Chaos City.

However, this time, someone was actually selling a 15-year-old rum made by Old Sim in a restaurant. The rum was even approved by some of the famous alcohol lovers in the circle.

That explained the line of middle-aged men waiting early in the morning outside the restaurant.

"I heard that Mamy Restaurant has a lot of rules. They only sell breakfast in the morning. I wonder if we will be able to get the rum in the morning."

"We've already lined up for so long. Since he's open for business, it's only right that he sells it to us."

"That's right. It's a 15-year-old rum. We might not get to buy it the next time we come. We have to get at least a glass this morning."

The crowd outside the restaurant started chattering.

Chapter 1596: Bye-bye

"Why are there so many people early in the morning? And they're all holding bottles and cans in their hands. Are they here to cause trouble?" Hannah exclaimed when she arrived at the restaurant early in the morning with Miya and the rest, and saw the long line outside.

"Yeah, they're all foreign faces. Usually, only our regulars would come so early in the morning to line up for breakfast." Miya was equally bewildered at such a sight.

Elizabeth frowned a little. She looked at the bottles and cans in their hands, and coldly said, "They reek of alcohol. They are probably here for the rum."

"Looks like the rum that Hannah made has already gained some reputation. It's true that good wine needs no bush," Miya said with a smile.

Hannah was a little proud when she heard Miya's words. It seemed like there was quite a large customer base for rum in Chaos City. However, she was quickly worried as she said, "But Boss doesn't sell rum in the morning, am I right? Then they..."

"Yes, we do not sell alcohol in the morning." Miya nodded. She quickly made her way to the steps at the restaurant's door with a smile, and told the people in the line, "Hello, I am a service staff member from Mamy Restaurant. This is a gentle reminder for new customers. For Mamy Restaurant's morning operating hours, we only serve youtiao, soybean milk, Yangzhou fried rice, and other food on the breakfast menu. We do not sell alcohol, spicy grilled fish, kebab, and other food from the lunch and dinner menu. Please take note."

"They don't sell alcohol in the morning?"

Those customers waiting for the restaurant to open to buy alcohol flipped when they heard the announcement.

Most of them were first-timers at Mamy Restaurant. They'd heard of the restaurant, but they only knew that they had to line up, and that there were many rules and restrictions. What they did not expect was that the restaurant even changed the menu based on the time of the day.

An old man came up to the front, and earnestly said to Miya, "Miss, look, most of us are first-timers, and we don't know the rules of the restaurant. We've come so early to line up in the cold for almost an hour just for the rum. Why don't you just give us some leeway, and let us have a glass?"

"Yeah. We're here early in the morning just for the rum. Now you're telling us you don't sell the rum, are you toying with us?" a big, burly man reeking of alcohol complained impatiently.

"That's right. Just sell us a glass! If it wasn't for the pint of rum, who would want to line up so early in the morning?" A skinny man stomped his feet. He sniffed with his red nose, and grumbled, "Also, since you're all here, open the door quickly to let us in. This isn't how you run a business."

The crowd pushed and squeezed forward as they attempted to rush into the shop.

"Rules are made to follow." A cold voice echoed. The ground froze immediately, and the chilly weather got even colder as though everyone had just entered a chiller.

What shocked the crowd even more was that frost had actually formed, and their feet were stuck to the ground, making it impossible for them to take even a step forward.

"This..." Everyone looked at the icy beauty walk up the steps. She glared at them coldly, making all of them look away subconsciously, afraid to meet her eyes.

"No matter who you are, or where you come from, if you're here, you have to go by Mamy Restaurant's rules. Otherwise, you'll be blacklisted by the restaurant, and will not be allowed to enter ever again." Elizabeth swept a glance at all the customers, and coldly said, "If anyone dares to go against the rules forcefully, you'll be deemed as the restaurant's enemy."

Everyone swallowed subconsciously. Although this ice beauty was very pretty, she had a very strong and scary aura. They could guess that she had to be a very powerful ice magic caster.

Some of the customers who were still hungover became wide awake immediately from the chill as they shuddered.

They had all realized something. This shop was a little different from the restaurants that treated the customers as kings. Their arrogance and ego would not work here.

"Wow~ Big Sister Elizabeth is so cool." Hannah looked at Elizabeth with glowing eyes. As a completely powerless orc, she was especially envious of powerful women like Elizabeth who could single-handedly settle these troublemakers without anyone's help.

Harrison rubbed his hands together, and casually reminded, "It's so cold, and we can't get our rum. What's the point of lining up? There's still half an hour to the restaurant's opening. I'd rather go home to my wife and bed."

"That's right. Let's go home, it's too cold."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

When the crowd heard Harrison's words, they quickly picked up their bottles and cans. Suddenly, half of the people there left.

The long line in front of the restaurant door shrunk by more than a half.

"Bye-bye." Harrison smiled as he walked all the way to the front. He came early in the morning for the soybean milk and youtiao, but didn't expect to see a large group of alcoholics. With them around, he would have to line up for eons.

The regulars who came later for the breakfast all took up the empty spots, and the tense atmosphere soon became relaxed. There were even several customers who greeted Yabemiya and the rest.

Elizabeth waved her hand, and the frost on the ground disappeared instantly. The air had also gone back to normal. Although it did not become any warmer, at least the temperature in the area stopped dropping.

Yabemiya nodded with a smile to everyone. She knocked on the restaurant's door, and it opened before the staff entered.

"Miss Elizabeth is really intimidating. I don't even dare to greet her even though I'm here every day to eat."

"An ice beauty like her can only be watched from afar. Don't even think of trying to get close to her."

"If she was not like this, she wouldn't be able to handle those crazy drunkards."

The regulars chatted with a smile, and the atmosphere slowly grew warmer.

Waking up early to line up for breakfast on a winter day like this was really one true love.

"That's quite a crowd early in the morning," Mag said to Miya and the others, who just entered, as he walked out of the kitchen with a tray.

"Hannah's rum is too popular. Many customers came after finding out about it, but they didn't know about the restaurant's rules, so there was a little commotion just now. However, they've already left very cooperatively,' Miya said with a smile.

"I didn't expect so many people in Chaos City to like rum," Hannah said with surprise.

"That's because the local brews in Chaos City are really terrible, and the rum you make is considered the best kind of rum. This is the so-called dimensionality reduction. I reckon this situation will continue to intensify," Mag said calmly.

Some of the customers who had no understanding of rum quickly fell in love with it after tasting it. After that, they introduced it to their friends, and that was how the virus spread on the drinking table. The rum quickly gained a foothold in Chaos City by outdoing the other types of alcohol available in the market and the word-of-mouth marketing.

"You got to hasten things up at the brewery," Mag told Hannah with a smile.

Chapter 1597: Boss Is Indeed A Pro Mechanic!

After morning operating hours, Mag brought Hannah upstairs to officially teach her how to draw.

As a (fake) designer who graduated with a legitimate mechanical design degree, Mag had strong basics in design. With his good memory, Mag could still remember how his professor taught them the basics of drawing a design.

"There are so many books." The moment Hannah stepped foot into the study, she was attracted by the different books that filled up the shelves on all three sides of the wall. She glanced around quickly, and estimated that there were at least 5000 books on various topics. She had never seen so many books in her life.

"You can take a book from any of the other shelves except for this one," Mag said with a smile as he pointed to the shelf that was closest to the door.

Reading was a good habit.

Hannah glanced at the shelf that Mag was pointing at. Most of the books on that shelf had reddish-black leather covers, giving off some sort of dark aura. She nodded without thinking further.

"Come here. I'm going to teach you how to draw your designs with a certain standard so that your designs can be presented in a very clear manner on the blueprints. That way, the artisan would be able to make the products according to your requirements." Mag walked towards the study table, which was by the window.

"Aren't I going to make it myself?" Hannah asked as she followed behind Mag. She felt that it was difficult for others to understand what she wanted to make.

"Our aim is to make standardized brewing apparatus. Other than the mixing, which would be done by you, the other processes would be done with machines and standard menial labor. That is a large-scale mechanized brewery." Mag pulled out a piece of paper from a rack at the side, and placed it on the table. He looked at Hannah, and said, "Therefore, we have to ensure the accuracy of the machines, and that would need to be done by a professional metalsmith."

"Oh." Hannah nodded thoughtfully. She looked at Mag worriedly again, and said, "Then would it be very difficult? In the past, I just drew however I wanted and wherever I wanted because I was the only one who needed to understand it."

"It's alright. I am a professional." Mag motioned for Hannah to sit by the table as he also took his seat. He said, "Let's start with the various tools that we would often use in drawing. This is a pencil, an eraser, this is a ruler..."

Mag started from identifying the tools, and started teaching Hannah the in-depth knowledge of the steps and ways to standardized drawing.

Technical jargon like "floor plan", "orthographic projection", and "3-D drawing" swarmed into Hannah's brain. The pictures that came alive under Mag's pen and the neat labeling all felt like a whole new world to her.

Boss is indeed a pro mechanic!

However, Mag was speaking too quickly, and there was too much content involved. Even though she had done her best to remember everything that was taught, even taking notes of the main points, it was still unrealistic to master all of it within a short timespan. She could only go back and revise on her own.

About an hour later, Mag picked up the teacup at the side, and took a sip of tea to soothe his parched throat. He looked at the dumbfounded Hannah, and asked, "Got it?"

"Hm?" Hannah looked at Mag blankly. Was that even something that he should ask? Although she could understand everything that Mag was saying, understanding and comprehending were two different things.

"It's alright. As a professional teacher, I'll give you pointers for your uncertainty." Mag reached his middle finger out with a smile.

After a while, Hannah, who blanked out, regained her clarity. She sat looking at Mag in disbelief as she exclaimed in surprise, "Boss! I get it!"

"No, it's just your brain that gets it. Drawing is something that requires constant practice. You shall stay in the study to practice drawing today. Redraw all of the samples I gave you just now." Mag stood up to let Hannah take his place. Then, he walked straight out of the door, and went downstairs.

That's crazy! All Boss did was point at my forehead, and I actually could comprehend everything he said in the morning. This is remarkable. Hannah was unable to remain calm. It just happened. She actually managed to comprehend everything that Mag had taught her within a short timespan, including how to use the different tools, how to draw a professional blueprint, and even labeling the appropriate measurements.

Is this Boss's superpower? Hannah pondered. She felt that she had discovered Boss's supernatural talent other than cooking.

"Calm down, calm down! I should start drawing now." Hannah took a deep breath in to force herself to calm down before picking up a piece of paper and a pen to start on the mission Mag gave her.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Although this was her first time using professional tools to draw, the steps and methods were already ingrained in her brain. Her techniques might be a little raw, but that did not affect the lines and pictures she drew.

"Not bad. But it's still not professional enough." After 10 minutes, Hannah looked at the first blueprint she had completed. She nodded with satisfaction, and then threw it aside disdainfully. She took out a second piece of paper, and started drawing seriously again.

Mag had just gotten downstairs when Dicus came looking for him with Michael's orders to look for him at the city lord's castle.

Mag could guess why Michael was looking for him. He got changed and brought the creepy-looking stone statue and its box up Dicus's horse-drawn carriage to the city lord's castle.

Michael stood up the moment Mag reached the secret chamber, and earnestly said, "Boss Mag, I would like to first apologize to you with regard to Miss Rena's matter. This matter will be completely solved within a few days. There was a mole in the city lord's castle, and I have to clean the whole place up properly."

"I'm not the one who was hurt. There's no use in apologizing to me." Mag shrugged. He was a little unhappy about what happened.

"I will go over to personally apologize to Miss Rena later," Michael said with a nod.

"Let's put all this aside first. We should first discuss the Evil God and the devil," Rolan said in a deep voice as he shut the door to the secret chamber, and activated the various spell formations to prevent being spied on.

"Boss Mag, did you really see the devil on your trip to the Falk Tribe?" Michael asked Mag.

"I believe you have already seen the detailed report and heard the previous talk I gave. Though it might seem a little ridiculous, we have to admit that devils do exist in this world. Maybe you can say that it has existed since ancient times, but it is something powerful that survived until now. I call them the Great Old Ones," Mag said in a deep tone.

"The Great Old Ones," Michael repeated word for word. His brows were tightly knitted together as he asked, "If the Great Old Ones really exist, why haven't such instances been recorded in the Norland Continent's history?"

Mag thought for a while, and said, "I've also been pondering this for a while. There are two possibilities: 1. The Norland Continent had been completely destroyed, and the current world started out again slowly after that. Therefore, there were no records on it. 2. Someone has altered the Norland Continent's history, and wiped out any related information that had to do with the Great Old Ones."

Chapter 1598: Mm-hm. They Teach Foreign Languages Well

It was suddenly silent in the secret chamber. Michael and Rolan pondered what Mag said.

Mag was silent as well. He might know a little more than the other two, but he was currently unable to ascertain whether his judgment was right.

"If it's the former, then the Great Old Ones had caused the previous world to be completely destroyed, and there was a very long gap in the world's civilization before we developed to where we are once again," Michael said with a frown. "But can those things really live for so long?"

"If they are powerful enough to be able to destroy the world, I don't think it's very difficult for them to find some sort of method to go through this long period," Mag continued calmly. "Moreover, the different races are just like weeds to them. They are just weeding all of us out."

Michael opened his mouth, but was stumped for words. "Er... that's true."

"If there's a complete gap in terms of passing on the story, who could have done this? Shouldn't the ancestors of each race warn their descendants knowing that such a scary devil exists?" Rolan raised his doubts.

"The giant dragons believe in Dragone, the demons believe in Demone, the orcs believe in the Flerken, and the elves believe in the God of Life. Almost all the races have gods that they believe in, and this forms a strong belief system.

"If the strength of these gods is dependent on belief, the Great Old Ones could become stronger by controlling the different races' faith. The Evil God is very adept at controlling minds and hearts, so it could easily corrode and control those who are flawed in their souls.

"The best way to rid the Norland Continent of the Great Old Ones is not to let everyone be cautious of them, but to make them become forgotten, thereby breaking the link with them. Therefore, the various gods also wiped out all the related records and memories of the Great Old Ones after sealing them." Mag frowned slightly, and said, "All these are just my conjectures."

"The gods of the different races mostly exist only as legends. Although some supernatural events do occur, no one could be sure whether they happened because of the gods." Michael shook his head. He thought for a while, and said, "As for the power of belief, if gods do exist, that probably exists too. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a case where each race has a god that they believe in."

"For the latter possibility, at least the different races have the protection of their gods. However, if it's the former, how we should deal with the Great Old Ones, who are already getting restless, becomes one of the most difficult issues," Rolan said with a frown.

"No matter which it is, the most important thing to do right now is to end any possibility of races trying to overpower the others, make the entire continent wary of the appearance of the black fog, and find and kill the Great Old Ones, or find an even sturdier seal to put on them," Mag said seriously.

Michael and Rolan nodded in agreement. Just like what Mag said, those were the only things they could do now.

"This is the stone statue that Rex passed me. He got this stone statue from the Urba Tribe. It should be the evil god that the tribe was praying to." Mag took out the stone statue from the stone box, and placed it gently on the table.

"Why would this ugly and disgusting thing become the totem of belief for the Urba Tribe?" Michael glanced at the stone statue, and felt a hint of frustration rise. He quickly looked away.

"That's the eerie part of it. If the tragedy of the Urba Tribe spread across the entire Norland Continent, that would be the world's tragedy." Mag kept the stone statue as its appearance caused the secret chamber to become eerily cold.

"The Gray Temple will place the investigation of the black fog and the Great Old Ones on top priority. We will do our best in the investigation and surveillance," Rolan said solemnly

Michael added, "The city lord's castle will try to build connections with the various races, and communicate with them to try to curb the spread of the black fog. Before we have any concrete evidence, I'm afraid it would be very difficult to extinguish the spark of war between the races."

"Alright. I will continue to take note of this matter. If there's anything that I think of, I will approach you two immediately as well." Mag nodded.

The three continued with another round of short discussion about the black fog and the Great Old Ones. However, as they did not have enough information, it was really difficult to come out with anything concrete.

Nonetheless, they had come to a consensus to come out with convincing evidence before the peace talks so that the different races could stand together united as one to fight against their common enemy that might appear.

"Boss Mag, I heard that you've kidnapped and brought the best brewer from the Falk Tribe?" Michael asked with a smile after they exited the secret chamber.

"I didn't kidnap her. She followed me back willingly." Mag looked at Rolan with a smile. "Now that you mention her, she was also a spy for the Gray Temple. However, it was really a waste of her talents to keep her at the Falk Tribe forever. Therefore, I asked Sir Rolan for her."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Old Sim was the best spy the Gray Temple had at the Falk Tribe. Boss Mag has caused the Gray Temple to incur quite a huge loss." Rolan also had a smile on his face.

Mag bade his farewell, and Dicus sent him back to the restaurant.

"The investigation at the Department of Property Rights?" Michael lowered his voice as he looked at Rolan.

"It's been basically completed. Based on our findings, I suppose you have to hire a lot more new people." Rolan pulled out a parchment from his pocket and passed it to Michael.

Michael rolled open the parchment and took a look. His face got blacker as he read, and after a very long while, he put the paper down as he furiously said, "These fellows are really greedy. They think they're some big shots just because they have a little authority in their hands. How dare they bring the Department of Property Rights to this state right under my nose!"

"These are the ones that we could find out. As for those hidden transactions, if you need them, the Gray Temple can also dig them all out." Rolan was rather calm.

"It's not just the Department of Property Rights. The Marquis Family has put in quite a lot of money and effort all these years. They've already made the city lord's castle into their own house. They can produce any evidence they want!" Michael said with a frown.

"Because of Bennett, the Marquis Family has contained a lot of assets legally and illegally all these years. If we need to do a total cleanup, we can cripple them anytime."

"Then do a proper investigation. If we don't teach Bowen a proper lesson, he might forget who he is and where he stands," Michael continued coldly. "The treasury happens to be quite empty recently. Inventing the steam train took up a lot of money."

"Alright. I'll get my men to start all investigations on the Marquis Family once I get back." Rolan nodded.

***

"Sir, are you satisfied with those beauties I sent to your house last night?" Bowen asked. He looked at the middle-aged man who was immersed in the beauty of the two ladies sitting on his left and right in an opulent private room.

"Mm-hm. They teach foreign languages[1] well." That middle-aged man nodded with satisfaction. At the same time, his hands moved up and down the two beautiful ladies in his embrace.

Bowen's lips curled up. He looked at the man, and continued, "Then the verdict for those few assets and properties Bennett had..."

"I'll write you a letter tomorrow." The middle-aged man waved his hand and looked at Bowen. He squinted, and smilingly said, "As usual, seven for you, three for me."

[1] This is a euphemism for either sex in general or prostitution.

Chapter 1599: Guests From The Empire

"Father, how did it go with Sir Dominic?" Jonah asked Bowen, who was sitting opposite him in the horse-drawn carriage.

"Heh. That old thing can be settled with women and money." Bowen pressed his lips together in disdain. "However, he asked for 30%, and he wants cash. When we get back, we have to calculate the value of these properties, and prepare the money to exchange for the official ruling at the Department of Property Rights tomorrow morning."

"We've done a rough gauge previously. Those properties are worth around one billion copper coins. Sir Dominic is really asking for a lot this time," Jonah said with a frown.

"Bennett's case is a little complicated. We might be implicated if we're not careful. If we can settle this without loopholes legally, these properties will naturally belong to us." Bennett smiled. He looked at Jonah, and said, "This is called spending to dispel trouble. It can't be prevented. Besides, Dominic will be on the same boat with us once he takes the money. If anything happened in the future, he would also have to settle it for us."

Jonah nodded thoughtfully. Sir Dominic was a high-ranking official in the city lord's castle. Moreover, he had direct authority over property rights issues. With the letter from him, this issue would be most likely settled.

Although they had to fork out an extra 300,000,000, it also meant that they would have secured 700,000,000. No wonder Father was so calm.

"Father, what about that hot pot restaurant?" Jonah asked.

"Of course it will be part of the properties we are reclaiming. Dominic can get 8,000,000 copper coins from that shop. He won't just let that slip by," Bowen said with a smile.

Jonah hesitated for a while, and said, "But Father, that hot pot restaurant might have something to do with the Gray Temple. I think it will be better if we don't fight for the ownership of the hot pot restaurant first, and wait for Bennett's case to be closed. After we're clear about all his charges and how Miss Rena got the restaurant, we can then decide what to do."

"Jonah, to be the master of the house, you need to be ambitious." Bowen looked at Jonah, and seriously said, "The Department of Property Rights has complete authority over property rights issues. What business does the Gray Temple have there? If you're still hesitant over something that is already in the bag, how can you lead the entire family?"

"Yes," Jonah answered as he lowered his head. Although he still had his doubts, he did not wish to argue further.

In Chaos City, the city lord's castle was in charge of administrative issues, while the Gray Temple was in charge of crime and security. Normally, the Gray Temple would not interfere with administrative issues.

However, Jonah was still worried. He could not help but think of the owner of Mamy Restaurant. He felt that things might not be settled so easily.

***

Rodu. At the palace's royal flying steed landing ground.

Sean stood in front of a giant golden eagle, and looked at the tens of people who would be following him on this trip. He loudly said, "On this trip, all of you will join me to visit Chaos City as representatives of the empire. I hope that all of you can complete the mission that His Majesty has given to us."

Of these people, half of them came from the military, with two of them being 10th-tier powerhouses, while the other half were from the academic side, being in charge of liaising issues. In addition, there was also a team of magic casters from the Magus Tower led by Brent and Elliot.

Sean was also unable to understand why his father wanted to send two of their great magic casters along. After all, Josh had been running the Magus Tower for years, so Sean was a little confused as to why his father wanted him to bring two great magic casters to Chaos City.

However, it was nothing bad for him. Josh should be the one who was perplexed.

Everyone answered Sean respectfully with a smile, and got on board the giant golden eagle before they set off for Chaos City.

It was a tradition in the Norland Continent for different races to visit other races and areas. Other than a few races that had broken all bilateral relations, the other races still visited each other as a form of sustaining their friendship.

However, it was never on such a grand scale like this, with the first prince personally leading a team consisting of two 10th-tier knights and two great magic casters.

Everyone could roughly guess something. After all, Alex had been appearing in Chaos City frequently, and his relationship with the empire had also been quite ambiguous. It was only right to be on the safe side in order to protect the first prince.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

***

"Today, the Roth Empire representative team will visit Chaos City. The team is led by the Roth Empire's first prince, and there will also be two 10th-tier knights and two great magic casters. This is the strongest team that they have sent for a visit in the recent 10 years. We have to do a good job hosting them to show them our hospitality..." Chaos City's Department of Foreign Affairs had already begun working on hosting the team. They would still need to schedule the city lord's itinerary so that he would have time to meet the Roth Empire's representative team.

"The representative team Andre arranged is a little abnormal this time. Looks like he's still worried that Alex would do something to Sean," Michael said with a smile as he read the report Dicus sent over.

"Princess Vanessa and Duke Abraham are also in Chaos City. Other than their regular visit, the Roth Empire representative team is also here to fetch Princess Vanessa back. This princess is much loved by King Andre. I suppose that's also why he sent two great magic casters," Dicus replied with a smile.

"Speaking of which, Princess Vanessa is a fan of Mamy Restaurant. I wonder if Sean will be able to bring her back," Michael smiled ambiguously.

"Perhaps he would get addicted too," Dicus said.

***

When Mag returned to the restaurant, he stopped by Rena's hot pot restaurant on the way. There were tens of elves renovating the place.

Amidst the glittering gold, there were greens, and that made the place seem a little less lavish and a little more natural and refreshing. That made the hot pot restaurant even more suitable for customers with lower to middle spending power.

Choosing an elf carpenter was a very good decision. Mag nodded with satisfaction.

"Boss, you're here." Rena came down from the second floor, and saw Mag standing in the middle of the main hall. She quickly went up to welcome him.

"Mm-hmm. I just finished dealing with some matters, so I dropped by to take a look." Mag nodded, and praised, "The renovation is looking good."

"They are all very outstanding carpenters. The outcome was above my expectations." Rena nodded. She was having quite a headache over the large areas of gold, but after the elves' transformation, the hot pot restaurant now looked way better than she had expected.

"Right, Boss Mag, my first version of the hot pot soup base is almost done. Can you give it a try?" Rena looked at Mag expectantly.

"Oh? You're already done with the first version?" Mag was a little surprised when he heard that. He quickly nodded with a smile, and said, "Of course, I am willing to give it a try. Are we going back to the restaurant to try, or are we tasting it here?"

"I've already started using the kitchen upstairs. I'm already done making the first version of the two soup bases. I just need you to go up with me." Rena led Mag upstairs.

Chapter 1600: If It's Hot Pot, It's Definitely The Red Soup Base!

On the second floor of Rena's hot pot restaurant, there was a slightly smaller hall with tens of tables. At the circumference of the hall were private rooms that were numbered. There were a total of 32 private rooms.

As for the kitchen, it took up almost half of the area on the second floor.

Although it was not as advanced as modern kitchens, it had very clear sections—the washing section, chopping section, cooking section, and more—which were completely separated. The stove that she used was also the most advanced magical stove.

"This is what you call a big restaurant," Mag commented in awe when he saw the kitchen that was a few times bigger than his own.

"Boss, take a seat here." Rena pushed out a little trolley. On it was a double-flavored pot with a red soup base and a clear soup base. There were also various ingredients like vegetables, tripe, and beef plated beautifully. Basically, all the ingredients served in Mamy Restaurant were there. On top of that, they were very fresh, probably bought just this morning.

Mag automatically sat at a table nearby.

These hot pot tables were different from the induction stoves at Mamy Restaurant. They were premade to contain magical stoves. Only the heating stones had to be changed periodically, and the temperature could also be adjusted.

The heating stone was a common heating tool used in this world. It was only the size of a baby's fist, and looked like a smooth black pebble. It was activated through spell formations to give out heat. It was not expensive, and was affordable even for normal families to use.

Using this method to heat up the hot pot was indeed a good idea.

Mag had to admit that Bennett was good at doing business. This fellow had already successfully replicated 80% of Mamy Restaurant, and all that was left was to hire someone like Rena to run the place before this hot pot restaurant could become a money-making machine.

A pity he was unable to poach Rena, and that was really an idea he should not have thought of.

The soup was still hot when Rena placed the double-flavored pot on the stove. Therefore, it took no time at all before the soup started boiling.

Mag shifted his attention to the soup in front of him. There were quite a lot of dried chili pieces and Sichuan Pepper floating in the red soup. The color of the beef fat soup was very enticing, and the fragrance of the soup base made with several spices wafted over. Initially, it was a little pungent, but as it assailed one's nose, the smell became irresistible.

Mag took a good sniff and closed his eyes as he tried to differentiate the different spices Rena used. He did not know what were the spices Rena used, but she actually managed to replicate around 70 to 80% of the soup base that he made. The remaining 20 to 30% probably came from the difference in spices, but she did not simply let it be. Instead, she used other spices as a replacement to let this spicy hot pot soup become a little different from the one he made.

"The fragrance of the spicy hot pot is very unique. There is an obvious difference from mine, but it did not lose the style of the spicy hot pot. As for the taste, I'll have to give it a try to find out," Mag commented as he opened his eyes. His gaze landed on the clear soup at the side.

The most important part about the clear soup was whether the bone soup was brewed long enough, but that was something Rena needed not be worried about. The thick and white soup base could already speak for itself.

However, there were still some pieces of spring onions and a few red dried fruits floating in the soup.

"What's this?" Mag picked up a dried fruit, which looked a little like a red date, with his chopsticks.

"This is a fruit called kada. It is a little sour, and can bring out the freshness of the soup. We would usually add a few of them when we make stews as it could make the soup even thicker and fresher. That's why I added some to the clear soup as well. It can make the color of the plain soup a little more vibrant," Rena explained.

"Which means that it has taken over the role of the tomato, and on top of that, it doesn't go soft easily. This is a very creative addition to the soup." Mag placed the kada back in the soup.

Based on just the appearance, be it the red soup base or the clear soup base, this double-flavored pot had already reached the standard of making one feel like trying. It was comparable to the hot pot at Mamy Restaurant.

In addition, judging from the smell, what Mag was happy about was that Rena was able to come up with something new and different, successfully ensuring that this hot pot restaurant would not become a cheaper version of Mamy Restaurant's designated hot pot area.

Rena did not appear very happy. She placed the different ingredients on the table, and slightly nervously said, "Please give it a try."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Alright. Let me try the clear soup first." Mag picked up a piece of sliced beef, and dipped it in the clear soup. The thinly cut fresh beef had beautiful marbling, and it quickly curled up in the boiling pot of soup. Before it could get overcooked, Mag took it out of the pot, and to better taste the soup base, he put the meat into his mouth without dipping it in any sauce.

The sliced beef was tender and succulent. It tasted even fresher after cooking in the thick bone soup that had a hint of sourness.

Mag's taste buds were already completely triggered by the freshness of the meat without the need for any condiments. The taste of the meat still lingered in his mouth after he swallowed it.

This sliced beef must have been from the chuck roll of the best cattle. One could only cut out a few kilograms of top-grade chuck roll from 50-kilogram cattle. Therefore, that part of beef was very expensive.

Mag was very happy with Rena's attitude towards the ingredients she served.

She did not compromise on the quality of the ingredients just because of the hot pot restaurant's target audience.

Besides, the kada gave him quite a surprise. The sourness was not as sharp as the sourness of vinegar. It was a very mild sourness, and did very well in bringing out the freshness of the food. It was even better than using tomatoes.

After that, Mag put a few Chinese cabbages and sliced lotus roots into the pot. The Chinese cabbage turned soft very quickly. Similarly, Mag ate it without a sauce. Chinese cabbages were the freshest and sweetest in the winter. Even if it was cooked in plain water, it would still be delicious. After it was cooked in the bone soup for a while, its freshness was maximized, and it was hot and satisfying.

As for the lotus root, after taking a bite, Mag chose to dip it in the sauce that he had mixed earlier.

For ingredients that could not really absorb the taste of the soup base, the dipping sauce was still required to add some flavor so that its darn goodness could be brought out fully.

Mag put his chopsticks down, and very seriously commented, "The clear soup base became very unique because of the kada. The effect on the food is also very good. With a dipping sauce that matches each customer's personal preference, it would be a hot pot experience that people who prefer lighter tastes would love."

"Thank you." Rena finally smiled. She had been thinking about how to make the seemingly simple clear soup base uniquely flavorful on its own. She was quite worried if Mag would disapprove of her decision to use kada, but she did not expect such good feedback.

"I'll try the red soup base now." Mag took off his outer jacket and undid his topmost button on his shirt. He rolled up his sleeve before mixing his own dipping sauce for the red soup base. He picked up his chopsticks, and was ready to start.

If it's hot pot, it's definitely the red soup base!

Chapter 1601: He's Arriving Today. Are We Killing Him?

The tripe floated around in the red soup base, rolling up a coat of delicious red before it was put into Mag's mouth.

The burst of spiciness exploded in his mouth first, and following that was the crispiness of the tripe. It was as thin as a leaf, but was not tough at all. On top of that, the crispiness made it an enjoyable indulgence.

Other than the spiciness of the soup base, its unique scent also made Mag raise his brows. The 30% difference in taste gave the spicy hot pot a sort of deliciousness in another direction. It was a surprising and delectable taste.

The different groups of spices were blended perfectly together. They did not cover the main spicy taste, and instead added more layers to it.

Mag picked up a long piece of duck intestine, and submerged it in the pot. He dipped it in several times, and the duck intestine started to curl up. After that, he dipped it in his sauce, and put it in his mouth.

The temperature was well-controlled, and that made the crispiness of the duck intestine perfect. The fragrant and spicy red soup got rid of the smell of the duck intestine. At the same time, it also gave the duck intestine a marvelous taste. Its crispiness gave Mag such a wonderful chewing experience he almost started chewing on his tongue.

The half-a-ladle of pig's brain had been cooking for a while in the pot. Mag bit on the edge of the ladle, and blew on it before sucking the entire thing into his mouth.

The appropriate level of spiciness triggered the taste buds first before the pig's brain disintegrated in his mouth. Its texture was soft and fine, similar to tofu pudding, but the pig's brain was thicker and stickier. The fragrance and deliciousness bloomed at the tip of Mag's tongue, forming an interesting contrast with the spiciness. It was a very unique enjoyment.

The enoki mushrooms and sliced lotus root were put into the pot.

Mag used the sharing chopsticks to pick up sliced beef, and looked at Rena, who was standing nervously at the side. With a smile, he said, "Don't just watch, sit and eat with me."

"Oh." Rena was stunned for a while before she sat in front of Mag, and started dipping the ingredients in the pot.

The hot and spicy hot pot dispelled the chilliness of the winter. It was a moment of scrumptiousness as the red soup base boiled.

Mag used a piece of tissue paper to wipe away the perspiration on his forehead and the oil at the corner of his mouth as he smiled with satisfaction. He looked at Rena, and said, "When the renovation is completed and you hire employees, you can open straight away. If you can keep up this standard for the soup base and ingredients, the business won't be bad with the price slightly lower than Mamy Restaurant."

"The red soup base... passed as well?" Rena looked at Mag in surprise, but she was still trying very hard to control her emotions.

"Yes. Your adaptation has been very successful. Even the tiny flaws aren't able to stop it from shining brightly. This is an entirely new hot pot soup base, and its taste is unique but still delicious," Mag said seriously with a nod.

Rena's talent in understanding spices shocked Mag once again. He had to admit that even he could not find such suitable replacements within such a short period of time and ascertain the proper amount of each spice for the soup base.

"Thank you." Rena finally smiled widely. Her endless hours of hard work had finally paid off!

Mag's recognition was more important than anyone else's because he was the creator of hot pot, so no one had more say than he did.

"As for hiring, you might want to consider elves. Firis probably has a lot of unemployed tribesmen. Most of them are rather talented. If they could be put in positions suitable for them, you could reduce the number of manpower while increasing work efficiency," Mag suggested.

As the factory at the city's northern area had yet to be completed, there were still around 20,000 unemployed Night Elves there.

Many of them were 6th-tier and 7th-tier magic casters. A 5th-tier water-type magic caster's spell could complete the work of more than 10 old cleaners, and do an even better job.

With fewer employees, the costs of running the hot pot restaurant would decrease. At the same time, they would not run into chaotic situations of having a lot of staff moving around.

"Hire elves as service staff?" Rena's eyes lit up. However, she was quickly worried. Would the noble elves be willing to work as service staff in a hot pot restaurant? Would she have to pay them a lot?

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"You can ask Firis. Maybe hiring elves as employees isn't as expensive and difficult as you think," Mag said with a smile.

"Alright." Rena nodded. She did feel that she was overly worried and overthinking before she even found out more.

"I should get going. Although I'm already full, I still have to prepare lunch for the rest, and get ready for lunch hours." Mag glanced at his watch. It was almost 11 am. He stood up and walked towards the stairs while saying, "I'll do the bone soup for today. You carry on with what you have to do for the restaurant. It's okay to come a little later too."

"Okay, then I'll have to trouble you," Rena said as Mag left.

"You might want to experiment on the spicy hot pot for that little flaw," Mag said without turning back.

"Flaw..." Rena looked at the red soup base in front of her that had already reduced by half. She picked up a ladle, scooped up some soup, and brought it to her nose. She closed her eyes and took a serious sniff. She frowned. "Is there something extra or something missing?"

***

"Why isn't Rena here yet today?" Miya asked after arriving and looking around while Mag was making lunch for them.

"She'd already eaten. I was at her shop just now, trying out her newly developed hot pot. The taste was very unique, and both of us have already eaten our fill," Mag said with a smile.

"Rena is so capable. Is she already done with the hot pot soup base? Does that mean that the hot pot restaurant will be open soon?" Miya exclaimed in shock.

The others also looked at Mag curiously. The new hot pot restaurant was very big, much bigger than Mamy Restaurant, and that was something to anticipate.

"Yes. Now all that's left is the renovation and hiring." Mag nodded. Even the most time-consuming and energy-consuming part, the renovation, was coming to an end.

"That's so exciting. I hope Rena's hot pot restaurant can show all those cheap hot pot restaurants with poor food quality what it means to be a real cheap hot pot restaurant," Miya said expectantly.

"It would be no problem trashing them," Mag commented silently to himself. He was actually quite excited about the new hot pot restaurant too.

It was a huge shop that could accommodate 1000 people. Even if each person spent only 100 copper coins on average, the shop could easily earn 200,000 a day in revenue. This shop was a hen that could lay golden eggs.

"Clear up the table and get ready for lunch," Mag told everyone as he closed the fire, and plated the red braised pork into a clay pot.

After lunch, Irina called Mag upstairs. The moment she closed the door, she went straight to the point. "Sean is coming to Chaos City. He's arriving today. Are we killing him?"

Chapter 1602: Mysterious Dark Cuisine Recipe

"Huh?"

Mag was stunned. After a while, replied with a frown, "Is he here for trouble?"

"No, I heard that Sean is leading the Roth Empire's representative team on their visit to Chaos City." Irina shook her head.

'"If that's the case... I'm afraid it wouldn't be appropriate to just get rid of him," Mag said solemnly. "Now that the Night Elves have already settled down in Chaos City, and we've also come to a consensus with Chaos City, we belong to Chaos City. Therefore, we have to consider things from Chaos City's point of view before we take any action."

"Are you no longer that worry-free loner?" Irina frowned. Sean was also involved in that attack on that rainy night. If he hadn't been in the military all this while, she would've long wanted to claim his life.

Mag looked at Irina. He knew why she wanted to kill Sean. If he had a chance, he wouldn't mind sending that seemingly righteous first prince to his deathbed. Mag gently said, "Yeah. No one dared to touch the elves in the past, but right now, the Night Elves are like refugees floating around in a boat with no one to rely on, and the Wind Forest is just waiting for our boat to sink. If we leave Chaos City now, we will be in a position with a lot of difficulties to face. We will make those darn fellows pay the price."

"Alright." Irina nodded slightly. She did not refute Mag's words.

"Oh, right. Rena's hot pot restaurant is almost ready, and she needs to hire employees now. I've recommended the Night Elves to her." Mag changed the topic to something more light-hearted.

"I can satisfy her even if she needs 20,000 Night Elves." Irina's lips curled up.

Mag thought for a while before saying, "She'd need about 10 in the kitchen and around 20 service staff members. However, they must all be magic casters with a skill."

After all, the restaurant was a huge area that could hold more than 1,000 people, and was even split into different levels, including private rooms and the main hall. There was a need to allocate service staff to different areas to handle complicated dining situations.

"Mm-hm. I'll tell the captain later. The standard of the Night Elves' F&B department is quite low, so I am thinking of using the hot pot restaurant as a training ground for them. I'll send a batch of them over in some time to improve their overall standards," Irina said without thinking.

"If it's for training... I'm afraid the Night Elves would not only have too much on their plate, but they might also even get too heaty just from eating hot pot." Mag raised his brow. However, he did not question Irina's decisions. At least the hiring issue for the new hot pot restaurant was settled. He had found a batch of even more reliable and capable workers for Rena.

"Michael said he wanted to see me, and asked you to come along. Do you want to go with me this afternoon?" Irina suddenly asked Mag.

"I've already met him and Rolan this morning. I think the two of them had already guessed my identity, but they're just not saying it. There are certain things that could be better said with a different identity." Mag shook his head. He had already decided to hide his identity as Alex, while Michael and Rolan had chosen not to probe. However, they could delve a lot deeper into the issue of the evil god with Alex's identity.

"Mm-hmm. Then I'll take a nap first. We'll leave after you're done." Irina stretched lazily.

"Alright. Go take a rest." Mag nodded with a smile and left the room.

Those customers who did not get their rum in the morning returned in the afternoon.

However, they restrained themselves more. After learning that they could not take away the drinks from Mamy Restaurant or buy them a la carte, they did not appear with their wine bottles anymore.

The ice magic caster in the morning did scare quite a few of them.

"Old Sim's rum. Get me two glasses first. Do you have any recommended dishes to go with the drinks here? Husband and wife lung slice? Hmm. Get me one of that, even though the name sounds strange."

"What is this beer? Get me a glass of that as well."

"Hey, Bro! You're here too? Here, here, here, let's sit together and see if this rum is authentic."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

The drinkers quickly took up a few tables, and most of them were familiar faces in the circle. They usually would not come out to drink during the day, but the two words "Old Sim" were too tempting and irresistible.

"Bros, I am also a regular at Mamy Restaurant. Let me just remind you that drinking here isn't like drinking at other places. You have to abide by the rules. Otherwise, even a 10th-tier magic caster would be chased out," Karoo reminded them. After having the rum at Mamy Restaurant yesterday, he was a little tipsy and got dragged for seconds. In the end, he let out the news that Mamy Restaurant was selling Old Sim hand-brewed 15-year-old rum by accident.

"Are you sure? Does this shop do illegal things?" a skinny man asked softly.

"Exactly, drinking is a relaxing activity. If we had to abide by a bunch of rules, it would be so boring," another person at the side grumbled.

"No. This is a restaurant that even the city lord would visit occasionally." Karoo shook his head. He flipped the menu over to another page, and said, "Actually, the rules of Mamy Restaurant aren't difficult to follow. We just need to respect each other and the staff working here. Just that. It's just being gentlemanly."

Everyone picked up the menu at their table, and looked at the rules listed at the back. No making loud noises, no picking on the service staff...

"It does seem like it... but it's very difficult to speak softly after drinking." A balding man scratched his head awkwardly.

"Hehe, isn't this just about drinking and not boasting? As long as the rum is good, we don't care about that," said another person with a smile.

Spicy grilled fish, husband and wife lung slice, steamed fish head with diced hot red peppers, spicy crayfish, kebab, and other dishes were served one after another together with the rum and beer that they had ordered.

The drinkers, who were initially still unable to adapt to the rules, quickly immersed themselves in the joy of good food and wine. They had completely forgotten about boasting.

The spicy and refreshing dishes went very well with the alcohol. Everyone took a bite after another, and had no time at all to talk about anything else.

The rum was also a pleasant surprise to all of them. Such rich and sweet rum was difficult to find in Chaos City.

Those who had had Old Sim's rum before were even more elated, for they could be 100 percent sure that this rum was made by Old Sim, and it was even better than the three-year-old brew that they'd had before.

"This owner is such a saint! It's a 15-year-old rum, and made personally by Old Master Sim! He's actually only selling a glass for 1000 copper coins? This is so touching!" a tipsy customer said while wiping his tears.

"Ding! 'Good Person Card' +1!"

A notification sounded in Mag's head.

"Successfully collected seven 'Good Person Cards'. You may summon a... mysterious dark cuisine recipe. Do you wish to proceed with the exchange?"

Chapter 1603: Can Pig's Eyes Be Roasted Too?

"Huh?"

Mag, who was busy cooking in the kitchen, was taken aback when he heard the system notification. He quickly raised his brow, and asked, "System, what on earth is this dark cuisine?"

"What era are you living in? Do I still have to explain the term 'dark cuisine'?" The system sounded a little annoyed.

"No..." Mag rolled his eyes. He didn't think that there would be a day when he would actually be mocked by the system. Of course he knew what dark cuisine was. It was just that the whole seven 'Good Person Cards' in exchange for a dark cuisine recipe gave him a shock.

"Dark cuisine has always been a slippery slope in the world of delicacies. It is also very mysterious, and might differ from area to area. However, that did not affect it from taking a special spot in the world of delicacies, and making people shudder from the sight of it," the system continued expectantly. "And your current mission reward is to pick a recipe from the dark cuisine reserve."

"Can I refuse?" Mag asked with a frown. He didn't want to add things like stargazy pie or surströmming to his menu.

"No."

"Heh, so what if you said no? Even if I accept it, I can always leave it out of the menu." Mag pouted.

"...Host, you are challenging my authority! I am giving you a stern warning right now—"

"Alright, I'll give you a five-dollar tip. Go aside and keep quiet."

"Alright." The system became respectful and disappeared immediately.

"Chowhounds of the alternate world, let's see what kind of dark cuisine I'll pick for all of you." A mysterious giant wheel appeared in Mag's head. Mag rubbed his hands together, and clicked start.

The giant wheel started spinning wildly. Mag could make out some of the names of the dishes on the wheel: deep-fried cicadidae, fermented soya-bean milk, stargazy pie, roasted moth, surströmming...

Just seeing the names of these dishes alone made Mag shudder. These dark cuisine recipes are really extreme.

"Ding! Congratulations. You've chosen the special dark cuisine recipe: roasted pig's eyes!

"Roasted pig's eyes are a specialty of Guangxi Province. It took a spot in the world of dark cuisine with its wild cooking and eating method. It even skewered its way to become an internet sensation."

The system's voice sounded.

"Roasted pig's eyes?" Mag looked at the three glittery words on the giant wheel, and thought for a long time. "Can pig's eyes be roasted too? What do you mean by skewered its way?"

"This is a new favorite of the world of dark cuisine. If it's just skewering a stick of pig's eyes on a stick and putting it on a grill, that would not be dark cuisine anymore! That's horror cuisine!"

Mag looked at the golden experience bag in his head. It was the first time he felt repelled by a recipe. It felt as though he would be assailed by something very bloody and disgusting after he clicked it open.

"Aright, alright. I'll just take it as I didn't get this reward." Mag was already about to leave.

"Wait a moment," the system said.

Before Mag could even react, the golden experience bag that was suspended in front of him suddenly rushed towards him, and crashed into his head. In an instant, Mag saw stars everywhere.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Information swarmed into his brain, from cleaning and seasoning the bloody pig's eyes to skewering the staring eyes, hearing the eyes sizzle on a grill, and seeing the moment the pig's eyes squirted when bitten into...

Every scene was a shock to Mag.

Although the information could not be compared to the complicated dishes he learned in the past, the bloody and shocking scenes caused Mag to take a very long while before he could recover from the shock.

"System, f*ck you!' Mag could not help but curse. He was caught off guard when the bloody scenes were thrown into his head.

"According to the system's principles, once the host receives a reward, he has to claim it. It's not something I could control," the system said innocently.

"Still, f*ck you!"

Mag rolled his eyes.

As an adventurous foodie in his past life, Mag had tried food like stargazy pie and deep-fried cicadidae. To him, those dark cuisine recipes were still in acceptable range. If he found a place selling good deep-fried cicadidae, he would even sit by the roadside stall, and have a few rounds of drinks.

However, roasted pig's eyes were of a higher tier than deep-fried cicadidae. It tested the chef's courage when dealing with the big bucket of pig's eyes and the customer's courage when putting the piping hot roasted pig eye into their mouth, and feeling the liquid squirt out when they bite into it.

After watching all those scenes, Mag felt that the Great Old One seemed... not much of a big deal?

"If pigs could grow so many eyes, wouldn't they be the perfect supply for pig's eyes?" Mag was reminded of the stone statue that had numerous eyes on its tentacles in the stone box.

"The system has yet to discover a wild Great Old One. Taking the numerous-eyes genes and using it to modify that of a wild boar to increase productivity is something worth considering," the system agreed.

"Forget it." Mag pressed his lips together. He couldn't be bothered with the system anymore. After he had claimed the experience bag and been through that process, his fear for eyeballs was basically gone. Even the trypophobia that he had had for years was cured.

"Ding! The host has picked the special dark cuisine recipe, roasted pig's eyes, and triggered a hidden mission: please make the roasted pig's eyes gain some fame in Chaos City within a week. The goal: sell 3000 skewers of roasted pig's eyes!

"Mission reward: One set of super fusion recipe!

"Punishment for failing the mission: eat 10 pig's eyes sashimi."

Just as Mag was about to leave, the system's voice sounded again.

"Huh?"

Mag froze instantly.

"Wait, what is pig's eyes sashimi?! Can pig's eyes be made into sashimi too?"

Mag felt like tearing that system apart right now.

He had heard of pig's intestine sashimi, but was the pig's eyes sashimi something real? Would the liquid in the eye squirt out the moment it was cut open?!

"Please complete the mission on time," the system said calmly.

"Also, what is that super fusion recipe?" Mag asked, putting the pig's eyes sashimi aside for a while.

"Because of the limited ingredients, the foodies on Earth could only produce food made from whatever ingredients that were available on earth. In Norland Continent, we have better ingredients. After organizing the experience of all the chefs, the system had fused and recreated the ingredients on the Norland Continent to produce a batch of super fusion recipes," the system replied.

"It sounds like... the dark cuisine." Mag frowned.

"Nonsense! As a God of Cookery Cultivation System, no other system is more professional than I am in this aspect!" the system said seriously.

"Haha."

Chapter 1604: Alex, Long Time No See

"Boss, the fried rice is burning." Miya's voice pulled Mag back from his thoughts.

He quickly tossed the rice in the wok, and heaved a sigh of relief as he glanced at the color of the fried rice that had changed a little. He almost wasted food.

Mag started focusing on his work to cope with the busy hours as he tossed the roasted pig's eyes and pig's eyes sashimi to the back of his mind for a while.

"Boss, what were you thinking of that made you so distracted?" Miya looked at Mag curiously. Mag had always been very serious and focused when cooking. He had never been distracted while cooking fried rice before.

"Serve the food. I got too carried away thinking about something," Mag replied with a smile as he plated the fried rice.

"Mm-hmm." Miya nodded as she served the dishes to the customer with a smile.

"Grandpa should have come earlier if he had known that selling alcohol in Chaos City is so profitable," Hannah muttered as she placed her head on the counter, and watched the drinkers drink the rum that cost 1,000 copper coins per glass.

All these years, she had been brewing wine for the chief and nobles at the Falk Tribe without earning much. Her years of savings were gone after making just a few brewing machines.

However, at Chaos City, a small pint of beer could fetch 1,000 copper coins! That barrel of 15-year-old rum could fill more than 1200 pints, and that meant that she could earn 1,220,000 copper coins!

After calculating the costs seriously, Hannah suddenly regretted selling the rum to the new chief at a low price. The wine cellar had hundreds of barrels of old wine. There were even tens of barrels of wine even older than 15 years. If she could bring all of them to Chaos City...

But she actually sold all of them for 500,000 copper coins.

"No, I have to continue drawing now so that my brewing machine can be made. That way, after another 15 years, I can lie on countless wine barrels!" Hannah jumped up from her seat and ran upstairs, closing herself in the study as she continued drawing.

The process of turning a messy and rough draft of a brewing machine into a concise design with specific measurements required many repeated processes of confirmation and calculation. Thankfully, other than teaching her how to draw, Mag also taught her how decimals and calculators worked.

After the busy hours, Mag watched the drunk customers board their horse-drawn carriages, and then went up to check on Hannah, who was rushing out her design in the study.

Compared to yesterday, when she could not even hold a pencil and draw a straight line, Hannah appeared like a professional today. She had already redrawn her draft, and the orthographic projection of the different parts was presented on a piece of paper accurately.

Mag did consider getting Hannah a professional designing computer to let her learn CAD and Pro/E. However, he dismissed the idea ultimately after considering the current industrial level of this world. Anyway, the system might not be able to procure the computer.

The scientists of the past also came up with the atomic bomb with paper and a pen, so a brewing machine without many technical aspects wouldn't require so much of a hassle.

After taking a glance at Hannah, Mag closed the door quietly and walked away. It was obvious that Hannah was much more professional when it came to brewing alcohol.

He might have a more efficient plan, but when it came to wine, the profit came from its unique and strong flavor, not the quantity.

An ordinary rum could only sell for 10 copper coins per glass, but Old Sim's could fetch 1000 copper coins for a glass. This showed the value of branding.

Mag changed, put his face-altering mask on, and took his Tian Du sword before leaving the restaurant for the city lord's castle with Irina.

"Alex, long time no see." Michael looked at Mag, and reached his right hand out.

"Sir Michael." Mag only nodded slightly, and did not shake his hand.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Our dragon slayer hasn't changed at all." Michael retracted his hand with a smile without showing any displeasure.

Mag glanced at Michael. This city lord might appear rough and boorish, but he was a pretty good actor.

"Alright, let's talk about the black fog and evil god," Irina interrupted their hypocritical moment.

"Alright. This concerns the Norland Continent's future. We should have a proper discussion," Michael said solemnly.

Everyone sat down at the round table in the secret chamber, and the atmosphere started turning tense.

"The first person I met who was engulfed by the black fog, or should I say controlled by the devil, was Borg. After he was controlled, his power increased significantly. Maybe that was the reason he sold his soul to the devil. Moreover, during that period of time, the evil aura attempted to engulf the Tree of Life, and that was a huge threat to the latter. However, it was finally stopped by a certain force.

"And during the fight at the goblins' borders, I used the Holy Light to get rid of the black fog on Borg and killed him. It proved that the Holy Light has a significant restrictive effect on the black fog," Irina said.

"So Borg was controlled by the devil, and even tried to engulf the Tree of Life." Michael and Rolan were shocked. They had not received any information about this.

"If the devil uses power as a bait, I'm afraid there won't be many who can withstand such a temptation," Rolan said seriously.

Mag added, "At the Boundless Sea Realm, we discovered an island covered in black fog, and Alfred was on the island, accepting powers from the devil. There, we found an eerie stone statue. I was pulled into a strange realm spiritually after meeting eyes with it. It was a gigantic stone temple, and at the other end of the stone temple was a skeleton man sitting on a throne. The first thing he said was: 'Young man, do you desire power?'"

The atmosphere in the secret chamber became even tenser. Power was something every race was after in this world. If there weren't any changes to the current world where the powerful called the shots, there would probably be no one who would reject such strong powers.

"I shattered the stone statue and dispelled the black fog with the Holy Light as well. Normal magic would have no effect on the black fog," Irina supplemented.

"If the black fog can only be dispelled by the Holy Light, that is not good news," Rolan said with a frown. "Light-type magic casters are few to begin with, and there are even fewer who could master the Holy Light. If the black fog starts consuming the world, there might not be anything we can do to get rid of it."

"We have to find the source of the black fog quickly, and get rid of it or find a better alternative for clearing the black fog. If we're just going to sit and watch, the situation will only get worse. Those fellows can live eternally, but we don't have so much time," Mag said solemnly.

"Luckily, we still have a lead. Ferdinand is still in our hands." Irina sounded more relaxed.

Chapter 1605: I'm Not Going If It's Insanely Spicy

The discussion did not last for very long. However, they formed an alliance with the Night Elves and Mag in Chaos City.

Michael and Rolan displayed their leadership skills by deciding to work with Mag and Irina to fight against evil after confirming that the evil god did exist, and that it was trying to take over the world.

Although Chaos City did not belong to a particular race, it was still part of the Norland Continent, and it would not be able to survive on its own in a scenario like this.

Mag and Irina did not object to the alliance, either. They knew that it was impossible to stop the evilness from spreading and growing with their efforts alone. Having Chaos City as an ally would give them substantial support.

"Don't we have to hand Ferdinand over to them?" Irina asked Mag after they came out from the city lord's castle.

"I'm worried that an uncontrollable accident may occur. I think it's better if he's in our hands before the peace talks." Mag shook his head. Although Ferdinand was unconscious, the black fog on him wasn't completely gone, so it would not be appropriate to hand him over to someone else.

"Mm-hm." Irina nodded slightly. After a while, she looked at Mag, and asked, "Where do you think those fellows are hiding?"

"Maybe instead of hiding, they're sealed in some place, or even various places. It might be at the bottom of the Boundless Sea or within a mountain somewhere. If they were not sealed up, this world would probably be in chaos already." Mag shook his head.

"If they're sealed up, does that mean that gods and deities do exist in this world?"

"Can you feel the existence of the God of Life?" Mag asked Irina curiously.

Irina thought for a while, and said, "I think she exists, but her connection with the Tree of Life isn't very strong. I can only faintly sense a certain mysterious force existing above the Tree of Life."

"We can't be certain that those so-called gods or deities could live through the passage of time just like the Great Old Ones, but if they do exist, perhaps they can sense that those fellows can't lay still, and might patch up the seal or something. Then maybe the problem would be solved," Mag said with a smile. That would probably be the most optimistic case.

"Patch up?"

"It means to fill up the holes in the seal."

"Oh."

***

"Say, do you think it's Alex who's wearing the mask, or Boss Mag who's wearing the mask?" Michael asked Rolan with a smile.

Rolan thought for a while, and said, "He is Alex, who is also Boss Mag."

"I think he actually doesn't hate the identity of a restaurant owner, and is in fact loving it," Michael said with a smile.

"That's exactly why he could hide away from others. If he didn't come to us, we might not even have realized that he had already assumed the identity of a restaurant owner."

"Yeah. Who would have thought that Alex, the dragon slayer who wielded a sword, could actually make such delicious food? Even if anyone had been a teeny bit suspicious, they would have forgotten all about it after tasting the food that he made," Michael said with a nod.

"Will they take action against Sean?" Rolan was worried. Once Alex was with Irina, even if Sean had two great magic casters and two 10th-tier knights with him, it would not guarantee his safety.

"Don't worry, they won't do it," Michael said without any worry at all.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

***

"What? Big Brother Sean is coming to Chaos City?" Vanessa looked at Abraham in surprise. She had been in Chaos City for more than a month, and although she was happy with having hot pot and skewers every day, she still missed her family. It was naturally fabulous to be able to meet Big Brother Sean in Chaos City.

"Yes. Sean is leading the team to visit Chaos City." Abraham nodded. He looked at Vanessa with mixed feelings, and continued, "And after the visit, he will bring you home along with him."

"B-bring me home?" Vanessa's smile froze all of a sudden. She was stunned for a while before her face fell as she asked Abraham, "Who said that I was going back?!"

Abraham tried to be as gentle as possible. He said, "Look, you've already been out for more than a month. His and Her Majesties miss you very much, so they want Sean to bring you back. It will save them from worrying too much as well."

"No! I do miss them, but once I go back, I won't be able to have hot pot, skewers, soybean milk, and youtiao! Besides, my teeth haven't healed completely yet. I want to stay by Boss Mag so that he can continue treating my teeth. I'm not going anywhere! I want to eat hot pot!!!" Vanessa shook her head hard, and tears had already started welling up in her eyes as she looked at Abraham with puppy dog eyes.

"Aiyo, my dear girl, this is not something that I can decide. Your royal father wanted me to send you back last month, but I dragged a month out for you. Now, Sean is already on the way. What else can I do?" Abraham shrugged and looked at Vanessa helplessly.

Vanessa thought for a while, and said, "In that case, can I come back out after I return?"

"That'll depend on His Majesty." Abraham did not give her a definite answer, but based on the letter he received from the king yesterday, Vanessa probably wouldn't have a chance to come to Chaos City again any time soon after going back this time. The reason she could successfully leave the last time was that the king permitted it.

"Hmph. I don't look forward to meeting Big Brother Sean anymore now." Vanessa let out an angry huff. After a while, she looked at Abraham with a smile, and said, "Uncle Abraham, let's have hot pot tonight."

"Mild spicy?" Abraham tried to sound her out.

"Hehe. It doesn't matter. We can always decide again at the restaurant," Vanessa said with a smile.

"I'm not going if it's insanely spicy." Abraham could already feel his an*s constrict. It could no longer afford to be wrecked again.

***

"Your Highness, Chaos City is straight ahead," a general reminded Sean as a giant golden eagle glided by the sky.

"They say that only this city can be compared to Rodu. It seems like that's quite true." Sean looked at the city ahead. The city walls were tall, and there were countless houses inside. This city appeared to be a big city with a population of more than a million. It was indeed on par with Rodu.

"It's just a city. The Roth Empire has acres of land other than Rodu. It's not something a city that's made of different peoples could be compared to," one of the generals mocked.

Everyone on the eagle's back laughed. Chaos City was nothing in front of the mighty Roth Empire.

"Alright. Don't say things like this anymore once we reach Chaos City," Sean said solemnly. He squinted at the city in the distance, and wondered if he would meet that person on this trip.

Chapter 1606: Gray Temple Investigation!

"F-Father, there's trouble" Jonah said in a fluster as he rushed into Bowen's study, and looked at the man who was admiring some china behind the desk.

"Didn't you go to collect the final statement? Why are you in such a fluster?" Bowen asked with a frown as he looked at Jonah. This son of his was good in every way except that he was still too young, and couldn't quite control his emotions.

"Sir Dominic... he's... he's been arrested!" Jonah said with a tremble in his voice.

Smash! The china article in Bowen's hands fell on the ground and shattered into pieces.

"Wh-what did you say?" Bowen bolted right up and raised his voice a little.

"When I went to the Department of Property Rights, I happened to see Dominic being brought away by the people from the Gray Temple with handcuffs on. I quickly went back to the teahouse, and saw that it was sealed up once again by the Gray Temple. The people and service staff that we've sent over were all arrested by the Gray Temple." Jonah looked at Bowen worriedly. "Father, did... did we really touch something that we shouldn't have this time?"

"Oh no." Bowen fell into his seat helplessly. His face was pale, and beads of perspiration formed on his forehead.

The Marquis Family had been running their business in Chaos City for years, and Sir Dominic was considered one of their family's closest VIP associates in the city lord's castle. They'd worked together closely for years for their own respective needs.

Now that Dominic was arrested, and the teahouse was sealed up by the Gray Temple, there was no way he would not link this case to Bennett's case.

This time, not only would he lose Benett's shares, he might have to spit out most of his as well.

"Father... what should we do now?" Jonah was a little lost. This incident happened so suddenly, and had foiled all their plans.

Bowen took a few deep breaths and quickly regained his composure. He looked up at Jonah, and said, "Go to the accounts room immediately, and destroy all accounts that we have related to Dominic all these years. After this, break up all connections with assets that the Marquis Family got through Bennett's influence and those that are in the gray area—"

"Gray Temple Investigation! All from the Marquis Manor are to put down everything that you are doing, and gather in the courtyard right now. Anyone who takes their time will be punished harshly!" Just then, a solemn voice echoed throughout the Marquis Manor.

"They're here... They're too fast..." Bowen looked at the door. The desolation on his face was apparent.

***

"I want a spicy hot pot, three times the level of insanely spicy!"

Vanessa ordered straight away the moment she, Abraham, Lola, and Randy took their seats.

Abraham's face turned green immediately. He looked at Vanessa with a long face, and said, "My dear lady, can we be a little milder? Three times the level of insanely spicy... is that... something that a normal person can handle?"

"It seems like Miss Vanessa's appetite is pretty good." Randy had been eating with Vanessa and the rest very often recently, so his tolerance for spice had improved drastically.

"No. Didn't Boss Mag say that real men go for insanely spicy?" Vanessa looked at Abraham seriously. "Uncle Abraham, I want to eat the insanely spicy level."

"Then... why don't we order a double-flavored pot? I can just use the smaller side." Abraham tried to negotiate his way out.

"No. The double-flavored pot is an insult to spicy hot pot." Vanessa rejected the suggestion outright. After that, she looked at Yabemiya with a smile, and said, "Big Sister Miya, we want the spicy hot pot three times the level of insanely spicy. As for the ingredients, we'll have the usual."

"Alright. Please hold on." Miya nodded with a smile, and turned to the other table.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Ai..." Abraham sighed. Whom did he trifle with? It was her father who wanted her back, but he was the one who was tortured...

"Miss, aren't we waiting for First... First Young Master?" Lola asked softly.

"Didn't my brother send someone over with a letter saying that he had no time to come tonight? There's no need to wait for him." Vanessa shook her head. She did not want to see Sean right now, either. She just wanted to enjoy her spicy hot pot. Every meal she ate would mean a meal less to eat.

"Oh." Lola nodded. She glanced at Vanessa, and did not speak further.

The princess was probably the happiest during her time here in Chaos City. She could enjoy the food that made her happy almost every day. The most important thing was that the dental problems that had been troubling her for years were actually completely solved here.

Now that Prince Sean had arrived at Chaos City, she might have to return to Rodu the day after tomorrow, so she was naturally unhappy.

"Boss, the first barrel of rum is almost empty," Miya reminded Mag as she placed eight glasses of rum on the tray, and saw that the barrel indicated that it was less than a third full.

"We have sufficient in our store. Don't worry about that," Mag answered with a smile. Because Connie wasn't of age yet, he basically brought all the alcohol Hannah had in the store with him, especially those batches more than 20 years old.

According to the market price, that batch of rum could fetch more than a billion copper coins.

After all, any bottle of Old Sim's rum that exceeded 50 years old was probably priceless.

However, other than the small amount that he had decided to keep for his own enjoyment, the rest of the rum was going to be the base for blending at the new brewery.

Brewing wine was a long-term investment. Without enough old wine, they would not be able to mark up the price.

Therefore, that batch of old rum that Mag had would become the base for the brewery so that it could pick up speed and survive through the awkward three-year new rum stage.

He did not intend to cheat Hannah of her money. After all, it was a large sum of inheritance her grandfather had left for her.

Of course, he did not want to change it to cash for her straightaway.

After all, no one would know for sure if she would give up her talent and live off the money after she inherited it.

Money really forced out a person's talents.

He intended to use 10 barrels of 15-year-old rum to open the market for rum in Chaos City, and then cut off supply for a while until the new brewery was ready to officially launch the new rum.

The marketing strategies of *pple and Xi*omi are still worth learning from.

Of course, those companies selling maotai are even better at this. After all, they can still be doing very well despite having no stock almost all the time.

Mag glanced over at the designated hot pot area. Vanessa and Abraham were sitting together, and Sean was not around. It seemed like he had to be busy at the city lord's castle right now.

However, Sean's visit this time was probably to bring Vanessa back with him.

Actually, he was quite fond of this little princess. She was innocent and pure, and was not stuck up or self-entitled. Therefore, he had been willing to help her cure her dental problems.

King Andre and his two sons weren't any kind souls, but this daughter and the young prince were okay. Mag was not the extreme kind that would make a sweeping judgment.

Of course, if Sean were to eat at Mamy Restaurant, he wouldn't mind recommending him the latest dark cuisine recipe to try.

Chapter 1607: Let's Have A Staring Contest!

Immediately after dinner operating hours ended, Dicus came over to tell Mag about Dominic being arrested by the Gray Temple, and that both the city lord's castle and Gray Temple were starting an investigation on the Marquis Family.

"Is the head of the Marquis Family household still able to come out?" Mag asked with a smile.

"The investigation is still ongoing, and it doesn't look too good. However, as long as the Marquis Family is not directly involved in any illegal activities, bribing a city lord's castle official and possessing illegal assets are enough to keep him inside for a period," Dicus replied with a smile.

"Just a period is going too easy on him, isn't it?"

"The Marquis Family has to spit out everything they got with the help of Dominic all these years, and more. That would then be enough for him to feel the pain for quite a while," Dicus continued. He then pulled out a letter and passed it to Mag. "This is the official ruling for the hot pot restaurant. It has the city lord's stamp on it. In the future, no one will come to the hot pot restaurant to claim ownership again."

Mag unrolled the official ruling and glanced through it. There was Michael's city lord stamp on it, and it was also clearly written that the hot pot restaurant belonged to Rena. There was no doubt about it anymore.

"Please thank the city lord on my behalf for upholding justice." Mag kept the official ruling, and looked at Dicus with a smile, saying, "Thank you for taking the trouble to make this trip so late at night."

"That's alright. This is after all because of some internal problems at the city lord's castle. We are supposed to apologize for all that had happened. I will not disturb your rest, then. I'll come over for breakfast tomorrow morning." Dicus bade his farewell and left.

"Everything is settled. Those people who tried to lay hands on the hot pot restaurant are going to live in the VIP cell next door. With this official ruling, there wouldn't be any more conflict over the hot pot restaurant," Mag told Rena, who was about to leave with Miya, as he entered the restaurant.

"Is that true?!" Rena received the official ruling with a smile, and looked through it carefully. She said with joy, "That's great. Now the hot pot restaurant can open according to plan."

"Oh, right. I haven't asked you when you plan on opening. Mamy Restaurant will close on the day of your opening so everyone can go over to support you," Mag said. He had completely forgotten about it after all the running around.

Rena thought for a while, and said, "The renovation is basically complete. For the hiring process, Firis has already contacted a batch of outstanding elves for me. I am thinking of interviewing them tomorrow, and choosing the best several as employees. There will be a three-day training, and then we can officially open five days later."

"That is very fast." Mag nodded with a smile. Five days later happened to be the usual off-day for Mamy Restaurant. Rena probably also thought of that.

"What is Big Sister Rena's hot pot restaurant going to be called?" Amy asked curiously as she ran over with Ugly Duckling in her hands.

"That's right. What are you going to call it?" Miya and the rest all looked at Rena curiously.

"I want to call the restaurant Mana Hot Pot Restaurant because Boss is the one who created hot pot, and he passed it over to me to develop it into a new hot pot restaurant." Rena covered her face. "I am really bad at naming... this is the only one I could come up with after thinking for a long time."

Mag's eyes lit up when he heard the name, and he smilingly said, "I think Mana Hot Pot Restaurant sounds great. It sounds a little like a subsidiary of Mamy Restaurant, and it has a good meaning as well."

"Yeah. I think it sounds good too. It also sounds very familiar, as though it's our own hot pot restaurant." Miya nodded in agreement.

"Then if Big Sister Firis opens a kebab restaurant, would it be called Mais kebab restaurant?" Amy asked with a smile.

"Mm-hm. We can keep this naming method." Mag nodded. He was also terrible at naming.

"Then... Then I'll keep this name." Rena thought that the name she came up with would be laughed at; she didn't expect everyone to be so supportive.

After everyone left, Mag went up to wash up, and told the two children a short bedtime story. After they fell asleep, he ignored Irina's suggestive look, and returned to his room. He locked the door and went straight to bed. He took in a few deep breaths, and opened the test field for the God of Cookery.

"Let's have a staring contest!"

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

Mag saw a flash of white before he came face to face with a wall of eyeballs. The large eyeballs felt as though they were glowing with some sort of evilness, making one's hair stand.

"F*ck! System, are you mad?!" Mag jumped back in shock.

"To make good roasted pig's eyes, you'll have to know and understand pig's eyes well. The first step is to tell which ones are the real eyes just by looking! Please find 100 pig's eyes that fulfill the conditions to be roasted among these 10,000 eyeballs." The system's emotionless voice echoed.

Mag swallowed. He looked at the eyeballs in front of him, and felt his scalp go numb. This was quite a headache.

To make good roasted pig's eyes, he would have to get rid of the fear of looking at the pig's eyes. Even if he wasn't able to develop love and passion for it, he could at least be calm during the roasting, and prevent the mistake of causing the eyeball to explode during the process.

Roasting was a form of art on charcoal fire. To create the perfect roasted pig's eyes, one had to have a very good understanding of every pig's eye, and have good control over the fire and temperature.

Mag took a few deep breaths while standing in front of the wall of pig's eyes before searching for the real pig's eyes patiently.

There should be other eyeballs including cow's eyes, sheep's eyes, and more. Mag could only try to discern the real pig's eyes based on his memory and judgment.

It was a very meticulous and tiring job. It was revolting and scalp-numbing at the start. However, Mag started to become numb as he looked through the 10,000 eyeballs.

To him, these eyeballs which had originally exuded an evil glow slowly became normal ingredients like corn and ham. His goal was to choose the ingredients he needed from a pile of useless ones.

After he developed this mentality, he became even more efficient.

Mag picked out 120 pig's eyes from the 10,000 eyeballs very quickly, and completed the system's mission with a surplus.

"Ding!"

Following that crisp ring, the scene before Mag's eyes changed. He's back in the familiar kitchen.

On the wall at the side was a 365-day countdown timer.

"Roasted pig's eyes... luckily I haven't tried this dark cuisine yet. I suppose the requirements would not be too strict, right?" Mag pulled out a basin of pig's eyes from the fridge as he mumbled to himself.

The eyeballs, which were dug out from the roots, still had all the meat and fat attached to them. The bamboo skewer should not be skewered through the eyeball, but through the meat. Otherwise, the customers would not be able to experience that ceremonious moment when the liquid squirted out from the eyeball.

Chapter 1608: You Even Copy Scripts?

The temperature of the flame after the skewer of pig's eyes was put on the grill couldn't be too high. Otherwise, the eyeball might explode due to the expansion of the liquid inside, and cause the liquid to squirt out.

The skewers had to be roasted slowly over a small fire, and in the process, various sauces and spices had to be spread over the eyeballs as the eyeballs got cooked from outside in.

As the surface of the pig's eyes sizzled, a delicious scent slowly wafted out.

"It does seem like nothing much." Mag raised his brow. He flipped the skewers in his hands as he slowly shifted them towards the area with a bigger fire.

Pop~

One of the eyeballs on the skewers suddenly burst. The boiling liquid squirted everywhere, and some of it even flew towards Mag's face.

"F*ck, it really will explode!" Mag dodged easily.

Pop, pop, pop, pop~

The remaining pig's eyes all burst almost simultaneously.

Mag quickly let go of the bamboo skewers, and took two big steps back to escape the boiling liquid which squirted around as the eyeballs burst.

"This is probably the most dangerous dish I've made." Mag looked at the walls that were covered messily with the liquid. He smiled awkwardly. If this were to happen in a real kitchen, that would be quite a disaster.

Mag did not have to clean up. Around five seconds later, the grill was as clean as before.

"It seems like I still have to follow the expert's experience and procedures strictly. It's impossible to make this if I get too full of myself." Mag quickly reset his attitude, and picked up a new bamboo skewer to make a new skewer of pig's eyes. He stood before the grill seriously, and started roasting the pig's eyes again.

The temperature requirements for roasted pig's eyes were very strict, and that made Mag, who was already very adept at the techniques of roasting 200 kebabs at the same time, a little impatient. However, after the bursting incident, Mag's ego was quickly kept in check.

Beef would not burst, but this was an ingredient with a temper, so you had to be gentle with it.

After around 20 minutes, the pig's eyes had been roasted to a beautiful shiny brown. They had shrunk significantly, and the slightly fatty surface had shriveled up, and was even sizzling with oil. The enticing fragrance of roasted meat wafted over, and the dish was completed after sprinkling some chili powder and cumin.

"It doesn't seem too difficult if you have a little more patience." Mag sized the roasted pig's eyes in his hand. There were four pig's eyes on a skewer.

The pig's eyes did not look so terrifying after they were roasted. At least one would not accidentally meet eyes with a pair of dead pig's eyes.

However, for most people, the appearance of this dish was still rather shocking. Most people would probably refuse to eat it knowing that it was roasted pig's eyes.

Mag looked at the roasted pig's eyes in his hands. If it wasn't because the smell was really enticing after roasting, and that he was already used to pig's eyes, he might not even try this kind of super dark cuisine.

"System, have I succeeded?" Mag asked casually. I've never tried something like roasted pig's eyes before in my previous life. There probably isn't much of a standard for this dish, right?

"Point one: the surface of the third pig's eyes from the top is too dry and hard. This is because the eyeball itself has too little fat. Therefore, during the roasting process, you have to spread oil on it individually. This is a problem that an outstanding chef should have realized and taken the initiative to solve during the cooking process.

"Point two: the second pig's eye was not skewered in tightly enough, and it moved during the process of roasting. Therefore, the entire pig's eyes could not reach the passable standard. Your carelessness could ruin an entire dish.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"Point three..."

The system listed all the mistakes that Mag made during the seemingly perfect roasting process.

"That sounds like there are a lot of problems indeed." Mag nodded as he accepted the system's positive criticism. If that was all, he would be able to make the perfect roasted pig's eyes in no time at all, since all the problems lay in the details.

"The standards for a successful roasted pig's eyes.

"Once you bite into it, the liquid in the eyeball will squirt out, and it will not have a fishy smell, and the taste will still leave one asking for more.

"The eyeball is chewy and springy on the outside, but soft and juicy on the inside.

"The cornea should be crispy like a soft bone to bring a different texture during the chewing experience."

The system continued to list the criteria.

"???" Mag.

"Hey, System. If I don't have any partial memory loss from the transmigration, I don't think I've tried the roasted pig's eyes before, so this kind of overly strict standards aren't raised by me, right?" Mag asked with a frown. The wider the scope in the criteria, the higher the requirements were because the system would follow the highest standards.

"This came from the script of 'One Life, One Kebab'[1]," the system replied.

"You even copy scripts?" Mag rolled his eyes.

"Didn't I cite the source?" the system retorted.

"I..." Mag opened his mouth speechlessly. However, he quickly found his words. "I think this script could have elements of exaggeration in it."

"As a candidate for the God of Cookery with the best roasting experience, if you couldn't even meet this bit of criteria from the script, that would be worse than the exaggeration."

"Fine, you win!" Mag thought for a while, and felt that the system actually had a point. He quickly went back to roasting the pig's eyes.

What every professional chef should do was to create delicacies that exceeded the customer's expectations.

It was just like how an ordinary bowl of soybean milk and an ordinary stick of youtiao would have different flavors in the hands of different chefs.

What Mag had to do was make the delicacy have a different color of its own.

"The taste is lacking. Fail!

"There is a fishy taste in the liquid. Fail!

"Fail..."

The days on the countdown timer decreased slowly as Mag faced failure after failure. His roasting techniques became even better, and the pig's eyes skewers grew from one stick to two, to three, and to a handful!

For that moment, Mag thought that he had already become one with the skewers and the grill. He could feel the temperature of the charcoal fire, and also feel the minute changes as the skewers were roasting. Then, he would flip the skewers at an appropriate time, and spread some oil and sauce.

This was a very strange feeling. It felt as though time had slowed down, and he could control everything as he wished.

"Ding! The perfect pig's eye has been achieved!"

Mag placed a handful of the roasted pig's eyes on the plate in front of him when he heard the system message.

"Did I succeed?" Mag did not appear to be too surprised. Instead, he was slightly shocked. He felt that this serving of roasted pig's eyes was not perfect enough, and he could make them better on his next round.

He looked up at the countdown timer on the wall. 100 days had already passed unknowingly.

No wonder it's said that roasting is not easy, and it's even more difficult to become a master, Master thought to himself. The time he took to learn the roasted pig's eyes was almost the same as the time he took when he was learning the 'Buddha jumps over the wall'.

Mag was not in a hurry to leave the test field for the God of Cookery. Instead, he continued to practice the roasted pig's eyes. He wanted to make it even more perfect.

[1] Chinese food documentary.

Chapter 1609: This Restaurant's Owner Isn't Simple?

At Abraham's house early in the morning, Sean looked at Vanessa who was still in a daze after just waking up. He smiled adoringly at her, and said, "Vanessa, it's been a few months, and you seem to have grown taller."

"Hehe, that's because there's a lot of finger-licking food for me to eat every day to help me grow faster." Vanessa went up happily. However, she quickly pouted as she looked at Sean, and grumbled, "Big Brother Sean, it took you so long to come and visit me. All you know is to fight. I bet you've already forgotten that you still have a younger sister."

"There's a lot to do at the borders. The orcs keep coming to invade our territory, so I really couldn't step away from work." Sean let out an embarrassed laugh. He looked at his only sister, and said, "Aren't I here to visit you after I'm done with the war?"

"Tsk. Royal Father sent you over. You didn't even come specially to visit me." Vanessa rolled her eyes. She looked at Sean cautiously. "Tell me, did Royal Father tell you to catch me and bring me back?"

"You've left home for months. Both Royal Father and Royal Mother are very worried, and they also miss you a lot. My other purpose for coming to Chaos City other than the official visit is to fetch you back. How can you say that I'm catching you?" Sean nodded. He looked at Vanessa's pearly white teeth, and exclaimed in surprise. "Also, have all your teeth been fixed?

"Big Sister Irina and Big Sister Xixi fixed it for me." Vanessa nodded. She bared her teeth, and proudly said, "Look, aren't they neat and white?"

"Mm-hm. You look very pretty when you smile." Sean nodded with a smile. Although he was surprised that Irina would actually help Vanessa fix her teeth, he was truly happy.

He knew very well how Vanessa became depressed over the years because of her teeth. He had not seen her smile so brightly just like today for many years.

"That's not important! What's important is that I don't want to go home just yet. I like Chaos City, and I want to stay here for a while more," Vanessa said seriously. She reached out a finger and pointed to Abraham, who was sipping his morning tea at the side, and continued, "With Uncle Abraham."

"My little princess, please don't drag me down with you. I have no say in this at all," Abraham said after taking a sip of tea.

"Big Brother Sean." Vanessa looked at Sean with puppy dog eyes. There were already tears shimmering in her large eyes.

"This is Royal Father's order. I have no say as well." Sean shook his head lightly. His heart softened a little when he saw the tears in Vanessa's eyes, and he gently said, "The situation on the continent isn't very stable in this period, and the situation in Chaos City has also become a little complicated. Royal Father told me to fetch you back because he's worried about you. Besides, you've been out for so long. It is time you go back to meet Royal Father and Royal Mother."

"I think things are fine in Chaos City. Everyone is very friendly, and it's not complicated here at all." Vanessa pouted. Her face fell when she saw the resolution in Sean's face, and she said, "I'm going to Mamy Restaurant for dinner. Are you coming along?"

"I'll reject the dinner banquet at the city lord's castle." Sean nodded with a smile. It had been a very long time since he had a nice meal with Vanessa. Besides, he really wanted to see what kind of charm this restaurant that made Vanessa refuse to go home had.

"Alright. I'll wait for you tonight. Be sure to come back early. If we're late, we will not be able to make it to the line," Vanessa reminded.

"Line?" Sean was confused.

"Mamy Restaurant has too many customers, so if you want to eat there, you have to line up. It's on a first come, first serve basis, and if you're late, you won't make it to the line," Abraham explained with a smile.

"I would have to trouble Uncle to help me reserve the entire restaurant. I would like to have a good meal with Vanessa tonight, and I don't want anyone else to be around," Sean told Abraham.

It was not befitting their status as the first prince, princess, and duke of the Roth Empire to need to line up at a restaurant, and even share a space with other customers.

"I might have the money, but I'm not capable enough to do it. I'm afraid even City Lord Michael isn't able to reserve the restaurant." Abraham shrugged and expressed his reluctance to even try.

"This restaurant's owner isn't simple?" Sean was bewildered.

"That's not exactly it. He's just quite a character." Abraham shook his head with a laugh. "Do you remember the one who won the best chef of the banquet during the king's last birthday banquet?"

"Yes." Sean thought for a while and nodded. Josh was quite cocky because of the chef. That chef might be a nobody, but he actually rejected the king's invitation to join the Royal Kitchen, and that made quite an impression.

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"He's the one who opened this restaurant. He's the restaurant owner who treats all the customers equally. So even City Lord Michael would have to line up if he were to go over to the restaurant for a meal. You want me to reserve the place?" Abraham opened his hands up and laughed.

"That fellow..." Sean frowned.

"Boss Mag is super nice. He was the reason my teeth got cured. He even gifted me a toothbrush and toothpaste, and taught me how to keep my teeth clean. I won't have to worry about my teeth going bad again.

"Also, the food he makes is incredibly good! Spicy grilled fish, beggar's chicken, steamed fish head with diced hot red peppers, spicy crayfish... and the best of them all, hot pot!

"He's a treasure that the heavens had bestowed upon us to give us endless delicious creations, subverting our imagination time and again.

"Besides, his rules are all set for the good of the customers. Although that might inconvenience those with power and authority, it gives real foodies a fair chance to enjoy his food." Vanessa looked at Sean, and seriously said, "Big Brother Sean, if you try to break Mamy Restaurant's rules, I won't bring you there for good food."

Sean looked at the serious-looking Vanessa. This little fellow would rarely wear such an expression on her face. It seemed like she really liked that chef and that restaurant. After a brief hesitation, he smilingly said, "In that case, I'll come back earlier so I can also thank the chef who satisfied my younger sister's stomach and also cured her teeth."

"Mm-hm, mm-hm. I'll be waiting for you." Vanessa nodded happily. After that, she walked straight out of the door while saying, "Uncle, do you want to get the Soybean milk and youtiao? If not, I won't be waiting for you."

"Of course I'm going. I was waiting for you." Abraham put his teacup down in a hurry, and walked towards the door. He stopped for a while at the door and turned back to tell Sean, "Sean, you must be very busy today, so we won't be entertaining you. Let's have a few rounds of drinks tonight."

"Alright." Sean nodded. He looked at Abraham who quickly turned to leave and laughed. He picked up the teacup at the side and took a sip before walking towards the door as well. He was busy, and would need to meet the authorities of Chaos City to have a good chat.

Chapter 1610: Is It Really Pig's Eyes?

The news of the Marquis Family being investigated and Bowen and Joseph being arrested caused quite a ripple effect in Chaos City's business circle.

It was unexpected for the Marquis Family, one of the four major families in the Chamber of Commerce and one of the founding families of the Chamber of Commerce with billions in net worth, to suddenly collapse.

Although the Buffett Family and Moreton Family had increased the gap with the Marquis Family and Dodges Family over the years, a starving camel was still bigger than a horse, and the Marquis Family was still a big figure in Chaos City.

When news of Bennett being arrested had spread, many had guessed if the Marquis Family would've been implicated. However, judging from how things had progressed afterward, it had seemed that not only had the Marquis Family not gotten implicated, they had even managed to take over some of Bennett's assets which appeared clean, and had emerged as the biggest winner in that incident.

However, it had only been a few days, and the Gray Temple aimed their swords against the Marquis Family. This caused quite a commotion.

Some said that the Marquis Family had made use of Bennett's power, and had also dabbled in things that they shouldn't, leading to the investigation.

Others said that the Marquis Family's leader had taken over Bennett's assets by force, and that caught the Gray Temple's attention, leading to the investigation.

Some even said that it was because Bowen's son had seduced the lover of some big shot in the Gray Temple, causing the tragedy to happen.

"That fellow, Bowen, is too greedy. I told his father that back in those days. If it were me, I would rather pass the entire family over to that wastrel Bennett than to Bowen," Ian lamented after taking a sip of tea to Scheer, who had yet to finish her breakfast.

Scheer put the last bite of bread into her mouth and chewed well. She picked up her white handkerchief and wiped her mouth. After making sure that there were no more crumbs left, she calmly said, "That wastrel is currently in the jail, and that's where he's going to stay."

"If Old Marquis had been slightly fairer to him back then, all these things wouldn't have happened," Ian lamented.

"I'm afraid the Marquis Family will never be able to get back on their feet again. Even if Bennett had taken over Bowen as the head of the Marquis Family, I don't think he would've known his place," Scheer said as she shook her head.

Ian was stunned. He looked at Scheer and pondered for a while before smilingly saying, "I have the best foresight among the four major families."

"As for that, I agree." Scheer nodded.

Ian quickly stopped smiling, and said, "Our family better don't meddle in this incident. Since Dominic has been caught, it seems like the city lord has set his mind on cleaning up the gray area in Chaos City. I reckon a lot more people would be arrested after this."

"I've already done an internal investigation, and will hand those problematic fellows over to the Gray Temple for them to do as they please." Scheer nodded.

"Well done." Ian put his teacup down, and stood up with a smile as he said, "Do you want to feed the fishes?"

"No, I'll have to make a trip to the city lord's castle to meet that first prince who traveled all the way here." Scheer shook her head.

"Go ahead, then. I'll go fishing." Ian did not probe further. He put his hands behind him and strolled away.

Scheer stood up and watched Ian leave the restaurant before leaving while turning to her assistant, who hurried behind her with a briefcase, and asking, "Have you found out if Mr. Mag has anything to do with the Marquis Family's investigation?"

"There's no evidence linking the two together as of now, but an employee called Rena from Mamy Restaurant just got a shop that was originally under Bennett's name. In addition, she had some conflicts with the Marquis Family with regards to the ownership of that property," the secretary quickly answered.

"Employee?" Scheer frowned.

"Yes. Bennett seemed to have some conflict with her, and I think this shop was given to her directly from the city lord's castle and Gray Temple." The secretary nodded, and continued, "If there's a need, I can investigate this matter."

(If you have problems with this website, please continue reading your novel on our new website myboxnovel.com THANKS!)

"That won't be necessary. I've been worried that Mr. Mag would be oppressed by the Marquis Family. It looks like my worries were unfounded. We'll stop this here. You don't have to investigate further," Scheer said.

"Yes." The secretary nodded, and started reporting the next matter.

***

Mag came out from the test field for the God of Cookery. He opened his eyes, and the alarm clock at the side rang.

He spaced out for a moment before switching it off. After listening to the crackling sound of the flames and the sizzling sound of the pig's eyes on the grill for more than 100 days, even the alarm became music to his ears.

"Why don't I launch the roasted pig's eyes today? On top of that, I must roast them in the glass partition so that the customers can see it..." Mag's lips turned up slowly. Otherwise, he would have wasted those over 100 days of hard work to perfect the roasted pig's eyes.

The number of pig's eyes he'd roasted could be linked together to make 10 rounds around a pigsty.

That would be a very impactful advertisement.

Mag did not waste any more time in bed. He dispelled the discomfort from staying in the test field for the God of Cookery for too long, and went straight out of bed to take a cold shower. He then changed into his chef's suit, and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

Mag suppressed the urge to add the roasted pig's eyes into the luxurious morning breakfast set, fearing that it might scare everyone early in the morning and affect their appetite.

"Father, what delicious food have you made today?" Amy was the first to be downstairs. She tip-toed and looked through the kitchen door.

"Soybean milk, youtiao, tofu pudding, everything. Amy, you can have whatever you want," Mag said with a smile as he looked at Amy, who had a little lump of hair standing amidst her long silver flock.

The young fellow had already changed into her white down jacket. She looked extremely cute, just like a round little penguin, but her hair was not brushed.

Because of Irina's special hair-brushing technique, Mag had taken the initiative to be responsible for Amy's hair.

After all, Irina had her hair down all the time, so she had no experience with hair brushing. She would usually follow her imagination, and end up with a lightning rod hairstyle.

"Mm..." Amy pondered for a while before saying, "Then I'll have a set of youtiao with sweet tofu pudding and a serving of pepper steak, medium-well, with more ketchup at the side."

"Alright. Let's wait for the big sisters to come before we eat together." Mag nodded with a smile. He had no opinions on the little fellow's matching since she would come up with different pairings to eat every day.

During breakfast, Mag announced the addition of a new dish.

"R-roasted pig's eyes?" Babla, who was drinking her soybean milk, choked. She looked at Mag in disbelief.

"Is it really pig's eyes?" Miya looked at Mag, equally shocked.

The women all had similar expressions. Other than shock, there was also a hint of horror.

"Yes. Charcoal-grilled roasted pig's eyes," Mag affirmed with a nod.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

189K 4.3K 66
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
30.9K 2.1K 53
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
244K 37.5K 98
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
51.7K 131 16
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report