The thrill of the chase

Brianna170402 tarafından

Logan Lockwood is Tyler's aunt and a hybrid since Klaus turned her. Due to certain events in Mystic Falls, sh... Daha Fazla

Cast
Fruit of the Poisoned Tree Part 1
Fruit of the Poisoned Tree part 2

Prologue

1.4K 91 17
Brianna170402 tarafından

Logan's POV:

I get out of the shower and wrap my towel around my waist. My phone starts buzzing on the sink and I answer it without looking at the caller id. "Yes, Logan speaking" I spoke drying my hair with a small towel.

"Hello, love," I stop as I recognize the accent easily. I set my towel down and put it on speaker.

"Hello, Klaus. What did you need?" I ask drying myself off completely before putting on my clothes.

"Straight to the point, eh? Well I need a favor from you, Logan. Your the only one I trust to know this secret," at the tone in his voice made it sound pretty serious so I take my phone off of speaker and hold it to my ear.

"You remember Hayley, right?" I made a noise of agreement and he continues, "well we had a one night stand and well, now she's pregnant with my children. There's a group of witches that want to wish her harm and a group of vampires that kills off werewolves so I was hoping you can come to New Orleans to help me and my family protect her."

Woah, that's a lot to process at once. Hayley is pregnant with Klaus's children. What a mind blowing thing.

"You're the last of my hybrids except for Tyler but you will actually listen to me and treat me different than the Mystic Falls group does. I know it's a lot to ask bu-," I cut him off with a gentle tone.

"I'll go, Klaus. There's nothing here for me anyways. Nothing important. I will gladly help you with your situation as long as you're truthful to me," I gently but firmly tell him. There is nothing here for me.

The kids feel like they don't need me. And if they do need me, it's always something to do with the troublesome brothers. Aka the Salvatore brothers.

"I will try and I'm sorry to hear that, love. I'll text you the address and please make sure nobody follows you to it," he says before hanging up. I set my phone down and look at myself in the mirror.

Am I really doing this? I smile, hell yeah I am. Ok, time to start packing. I finish getting dressed and did my hair then make up before grabbing my suitcases from the closet.

    I use my vampire speed to pack everything quickly. Lord knows how long I'll be there so I'm taking a good amount of clothes along with my bathroom products.

    As I finish zipping up my bags, I hear my nephew walk into the house. Since his mother died I moved into the house to look after him but for awhile now he's been acting like he can't stand me being here. Well, he doesn't have to worry about me now.

   I walk downstairs with my bags and keys making Tyler look at me confused. "Are you leaving, Aunt Logan?" He asks opening the door for me.

  I nod and walk toward my car. "Yes, I have business to take care of and now since you seem like you don't need me anymore, I can give you the space you need," I put my bags in the trunks before searching for my phone.

  "Oh shoot! Can you go get my phone real quick, please? It's on my bed," I softly ask making him frown and nod before speeding to go get it.

  I rearrange my bags to make sure the trunk closes before shutting it. I hope I got everything. I'm pretty sure I do. That boy is for sure taking his sweet time. Finally he comes out of the house with my phone in his hand.

"Here you go. Um, can you drop me off at the boarding house?" Tyler says then asks as he hands me my phone and I nod.

  "Sure, come on," I tell him noticing he's acting weird. We got in the car and I drive him to the Salvatore house.

    "Aunt Logan, you know I'll always need you. I'm sorry if I've been acting like I don't lately. It's just.... I'm still processing the whole break up. You know?" He says sadly and I look at him with a sad frown after parking in front of the house.

   I nod sadly, "I'm sorry, Tyler. Break ups can hurt like a bitch but you just gotta power through it. I've had my fair share of break ups and they sucked. But you never know, you and Caroline might find your way back to each other."

He looks down with a frown before nodding. Tyler sighs and looks up at me. "You know what? You're right, Aunt Logan. Thanks," he exclaims suddenly filled with confidence.

  "Anytime, babes," I smile at him before suddenly my door gets thrown open and two pairs of arms drag me out.

  "We need to get her into the cellar," Damon grunts as I break his arm that he had wrapped around my throat. I throw Stefan off of me before grabbing Damon with a growl and punch my hand through his chest grabbing his heart.

  "No, no, no! Wait, Aunt Logan. This isn't you," I look up with my hybrid eyes out and see all of the kids standing outside of the house.

  "W-what is this? Tyler, did you set this up?" I question making him look down and nod.

  "Take another step and I'll rip his heart out!" I snarl as Stefan tries to move closer. He instantly stops in his tracks and looks at my arm that's in his brother's chest.

   "You were going to New Orleans to help Klaus and since your sired to him, you have no choice but to obey. We are trying to help you, Aunt Logan," Elena spoke up with her hands out in a show of peace. Peace? How is any of this peaceful.

  "I am not sired to him anymore! He called me for help and I agreed to help him. Me! I'm going on my own free will. Why because I'm sick and tired of being used for these bastards benefits!" I growl taking all of them back in shock. I remove my hand from Damon's chest but before squeezing his heart a little making him groan in pain.

  "Just because I don't like you, doesn't mean I'm gonna kill you permanently," I snap his neck making him fall to the floor 'dead'.

  I huff and look at the rest. "Now as for you lot. Let's get one thing straight. You are teenagers and I'm a grown woman. You do not get to make my choices for me. I love you all like you are my own but that doesn't give you a free pass to use my love for you to get what you guys want. Take a second and think about why everything has happened," I inform them firmly. They frown and look down to their feet proving my point.

They know they have been using me and now that I've finally confronted them about it, they have nothing to say.

"This two bastards are the reason we in this mess! More so with Stefan because wherever he goes, Damon follows and then death comes. They're the reason Katherine came and made my nephew trigger is curse. Then to top it all off, they constantly bring trouble here endangering all of your lives. They certainly have ruined my life. They killed my brothers and my girlfriend so forgive me for not kneeling at their feet and waiting for their command," I tell them finally getting everything off of my chest.

Their jaws drop in shock. "We didn't kill Jenna. Your new best friend killed her or did you magically forget about that when you're at his beck and call. My brother and I are not the villains in this, Klaus is," Stefan sternly tells me crossing his arms.

I let out a humorless chuckle at the audacity of this boy. "I have not forgotten about that, Stefan. You see if you or your brother never would have came to this town everybody that died would have been still alive!You are the cause of all of this because of your weird obsession with Elena since she looks just like Katherine. You know what? I'm not gonna stand here being talked down to from a boy who's stuck in his 17s. Kids, if you need me for anything besides saving these bastards, give me a call. See you later," I snap with a snarl before telling Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, and Tyler.

   I get in my car and start it up before backing out of the driveway. My hands grip the steering wheel before I press on the brakes and sped out of my car over to Tyler and pull him into a crushing hug.

  His arms automatically wrap around my waist. "I will always be here for you, Tyler. Never forget that. Call me if you need anything and I mean anything. Even if it's something stupid. I will be back before you know it," I whisper in his ear and he nods.

  I feel my shoulder get wet and I close my eyes tightly to stop myself from crying with him. I pull back and look him in the eyes. "Hey now this is not goodbye. It's a see you later. Now stop being a pussy in front of your friends or you'll lose your man card," I jokingly tell him and he gives a watery laugh before nodding.

I give him a kiss on the forehead before pulling away. "Be a good boy, Ty. I know you can be one," I squeeze his shoulder gently before heading back to my car and got in then drove away.

  This isn't gonna be forever just until Klaus doesn't need my help anymore. I grab my phone and call Liz. "Hey, Logan. What can I do for you?" She asks.

  "Hey, Liz. Um I gotta go out of town for awhile and I don't know when I'll be back so can you once in a while just check on Tyler for me if you can. I'll very much appreciate it," I tell her just I get on the freeway.

"Of course! After everything you've done for me and Caroline, it's the least I can do. Just be safe with wherever you're going, yeah?" Liz says then tells me softly and I chuckle softly.

  "Always am, Liz. Thanks again. Bye," I say and she says by before we hang up. I play music and think about what the future holds in store for me once I get to New Orleans. It certainly doesn't seem like it will be an easy ride.

Hope you enjoy
Sorry for any mistakes
Comment and vote
Have a good day or night
Peace out ✌🏼

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

795K 48.5K 113
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
158K 5.6K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
386K 11.8K 92
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
146K 3.4K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...