true angel

By storyteller958

Reynas life turns upside when she finds out about the new world that's been hidden from her, she's already lo... More

chapter 1

25 0 0
By storyteller958

Have you ever had that feeling in your chest of the weight that drags you down. It feels like my insides are being torn out. The secrets, the lies, the betrayal and the pain all led to this one moment but if i could i wouldn't change my life for anything because the people i've met, the friends i've made and my family is all i need in my life.It's all i need i told myself but was it true, cause right now i think that they ruined everything they touched, but its was him i needed he brought out the fire from within me, he helped me through my struggles that i thought i would be wrapped in for the rest of my life. But he helped me through all of it. I hope he can help me through this.

Stood there in the water looking out into the deep blue sea finding peace. My friends are running around, giggling, splashing each other with water, having fun while I'm standing there with my eyes closed breathing in the natural ocean scent. My blue eyes were complimented by the colour of the ocean many told me, maybe that was a reason I loved being in the water so much. All i could think about is how peaceful it is to be away from everything, school, family, it's almost like the whole world stopped. My whole life was rather spent in school, camping or in the ocean. It was now summer break and all I wanted was to be around my friends and the sea.

I suddenly felt something graze against my foot, I looked down into the water but couldn't see anything. I brushed it off thinking it was probably a fish.

A few seconds later I felt something against my foot again. I move to the side, until something grabs my foot, immediately pulling me down into the water, I try screaming but my mouth is full of salt water, I splash my arms trying to get someone's attention to help me but also kicking my feet trying to shake what has held of my foot. I felt a strong grip around my arms pulling me up to the surface, it was Lucas who helped me up. Griffin's head popped out of the water, running his hands through his hair. It was him who was pulling me down, it must have been him. " What the hell is your problem, she couldn't breath under water" Lucas yells. "I don't know what you're on about, what happened" they both argue back and forth, i try to block their voices out, i had always hated arguments. I looked behind Griffin to see a scaly tail splash into the ocean. But this 'thing' had hands and almost looked like a woman but she thought she was just hallucinating, 'I mean a mermaid they're not even real, right?' she thought and the world started to spin, then darkness.

I suddenly wake up with no sense of where I am, my head aches with a tingling sensation flowing throughout my body. My eyes shoot open, still oblivious of what's going on, trying to familiarise myself with my surroundings. I find I'm lying in a hospital bed. Its pitch black outside the window, showing it was night time 'how long have i been out?' I begin to wonder.

While looking around I notice a shadowy figure shooting across the room, then the door opens and my roommates walk in, but they are more like best friends, Natalie and Lucas. They switched on the light which revealed there was no one actually in the room, 'maybe I was still seeing things' I thought to myself. The light made Natalie's natural blond hair glow like something out of tangled but Nat's hair was more silver than blond. But Lucus's hair was as dark as the night sky. They both had polar opposite personalities but they got along, to be honest I think if i wasn't there for them both they would eat each other alive.

"Hey Reyna, how are you feeling?" Natalie whispered. "I'm fine Nat but why are you whispering", I whispered back to mimic Nat's voice. Natalie quickly glances over the corner of the room when no light had reached, which I thought was quite odd but didn't want to question it. Nat diverts her attention back to me, "no reason", she says with her normal upbeat tone of voice.

"What happened to me anyway, why am I here?" I decided to question. "You passed out after that jerk Griffin pulled you under the water" Lucas scoffed.

I instantly remembered what I saw out in the ocean, I was debating whether to tell them or not, because what if I told them and they thought I was going crazy and ended up under psych evaluation. 'Okay maybe that's a bit too far but what if they think I'm weirder than I already am', I couldn't help but wonder. 'Ugh I'm just gonna tell them', I decided.

"Guys i don't think i was Griffin out there in the water i saw something, something not human", they both exchange worried looks to each other, "i know i sound crazy don't i? Forget I said anything."

But what Lucas said made things even more suspicious, "what did this 'thing' look like?"

"It had a tail,razor sharp teeth but also looked like a woman. I know it sounds crazy but it almost looked like a...a mermaid". This is where things get even weirder as Nat and Lucas give eachother an intense look, and whispered something to each other simultaneously, which almost sound like they said, "siren"

"I'm going crazy right?" I gave them both a worried look as they looked more stressed than worried, "right?"

"We actually don't think you're going crazy at all", "Lucas dont!" Nat yells.

"She needs to know, Natalie, it's time for her to know" ,

what were they on about,

"know what?"

Natalie takes a deep breath," the 'thing' you saw in the water was a siren, and..." she looked at Lucas for a reassuring look before continuing, he gave her a nod as a sign to keep going. "...and well I'm a fairy and Lucas is a werewolf and we were assigned to protect you". Not a word left my mouth, but then i started to laugh a little, "okay i was believing the siren part but you a fairy and lucas a werewolf, yeah okay" i was laughing to myself but they both looked super serious, the smile wiped off my face, "oh you weren't joking were you".

"No we weren't" Nat said with such a calm face, how she was so calm at this moment I didn't know, but meanwhile my heart was about to beat out of my chest.

"Assigned by who, what are you protecting me from"

"Maybe we should leave you alone for a bit to process this before telling you more" I looked at lucas.

"Yeah we will come back in half an hour okay", Lucas says with such a sweet voice, I could never imagine him as a wolf, a beast who hunts on a full moon.

"Okay". As soon as they walk out of the room and I hear a mischievous snigger , which sends shivers down my spine, she immediately looks to the figure stepping out the dark corner of the room.

He was young like me, maybe 17 or 18. He wore a leather jacket and black jeans like a typical human but what she noticed more was the grin on his face.

"Who are you?" I say with panic in my voice.

"That's not what concerns you, but don't you find it funny Reyna that your best friends turn out to be an evil, mischievous fairy who will lie through her teeth every chance she can, and a meat eating monster who cant control himself around a full moon, and they still haven't told you the truth of who you are."

"First of all, how do you know my name and what do you mean who I am". I had to question.

"Well i've been very intrigued with who you are Reyna and I can't wait till they finally tell you, who am i to ruin the surprise" he says with the deepness in his voice. " See you around Haven and whatever you do don't trust them.'' The lights started to flicker in the room, and for a second I thought I saw wings spread out of his back and then he was gone, and the lights stopped flickering.Who was Haven?

For a second I had thought about how my life used to be so calm, the peace of living a normal life then I realised everything she was just told. Sirens, werewolves, fairies, they are all real. My world was about to change but was it for better or for the worse.

Nat reminded me of my mother and every story she used to tell me before I would go to sleep. The mysterious boy told me that Nat was an evil mischievous fairy who would try and lie whenever she could, and I wondered if it could be true. My mother once told me a story of how fairies used to take humans from our world leaving a doppelganger behind, sometimes they would leave their children or even a piece of wood to look like the stolen person.

What if this was true? The story always made me worry about the stolen people and I would always wonder why my mother would tell me such a story at such a young age, but maybe she knew what was to come in my future.

I wish I could ask my mother now but it's okay she will be with my dad in heaven, even if i never believed in such a place, i had always hoped they had found some sort of piece.

What was going on, within the space of 10 minutes my life had immediately changed.

Lucas and Nat walk in quietly, "are you ready to talk", 'was i ready?'

"I don't think so, i'm just really overwhelmed by everything right now", 'should i tell them about the boy or should i wait because to be honest im still on edge whether to trust them, i wonder how long they kept this from me.' Reyna had thought

"It's okay, the doctor said that you can leave the hospital soon, so you should be in your own bed tonight and get some real rest". Nat had said this with a really comforting voice. I wish I could trust her right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481K 88.9K 39
โœซ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐†๐ž๐ง'๐ฌ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐’๐š๐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ โŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
168K 18.9K 52
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. ๐Ÿ”ฅโค๏ธ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
499K 27.5K 47
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐ฌ๐ก๐ช ๐ค๐ข ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง advika: "uski nafrat mere pyaar se jeet gayi bhai meri mohabbat uski nafrat ke samne kamzor padh gay...
755K 19.9K 57
"Real lifeแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€…แ€€แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€…แ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ แ€•แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€ปแ€ฌแ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ฒแ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€šแ€บ" "แ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ฒแ€Šแ€ญแ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธ Bae แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€„แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€„แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ทแ€›แ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€‘แ€ญ แ€„แ€ซแ€แ€ป...