Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 32

328 19 20
By FlorindaBrydon

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Aww, arn't you two cute. I'm sorry to have to do this but...' I faintly heard a voice but I was too sleepy to tell if it was real or a dream.

When the bedroom light suddenly turned on, I quickly realised that is wasn't a dream and someone was waking me up.

I groaned while burying my face into Romanna's chest and pulling the blanket over our heads. The steady sound of her heart beat slowly lulling me back to sleep.

'Hey you two, dinna is ready. I suggest you eat it while it's still hot.' Romanna's mother, Amy, said in a very sweet motherly tone.

She was down right the most amazing person I have ever met. Amy is so kind and caring and has sacrificed so much for both of her daughters. I have never seen a mother like her, it's almost too good to be true. But luckily for Romie, it was.

'Aggh, muuumm. I'm tired do I have to get up?' Romanna grumbled while pulling the blanket off our heads.

'No actually. You two can eat in here if you want. Here's your food.' Amy said while placing two cups of water and two plates of lasagna on the bed beside table.

'Enjoy.' She said while brushing her dark brown almost black coloured hair away from her face. She smiled at me and waved as she walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

'Wow! Thank you!' I called out to Amy. I could hear a muffled reply as she walked away.

Amy looked actually surprisingly young to have a teenage daughter. I have to admit that when I first saw her, I thought she was Romanna's older sister. But after asking, she explained that she married Romanna's father when she was young and was now was in her mid thirty's.

Romanna comment on Amy's answer saying she liked having a mum that was young. That she was on occasion more like a fun, hyper, best friend instead of a mother and she could understand and relate with Amy more because of it.

They have an incredible bond and I'm kinda jealous. I wish I could remember more about what my mother was like.

'That was really nice of your mum to let us eat in here and serve the food to us. Oh my snow days, that smells sooo good!' I exclaim as I lean over Romanna and grab my plate (The one with the biggest amount of food on it)

'Hmm? Oh, yeah, she probably just wanted to leave the "new couple" alone to eat their dinna.' Romanna said while yawning and sitting up, also grabbing her plate of food.

'Wow, you're hungry.' She commented while taking a hold of the knife and fork that were resting on the side of the plate.

'Uh huh, I've barely eaten in almost five days.' I replied with a mouthful of the gooey and warm lasagna.

'Mmm, this is so good!' I state while swallowing and watching Romie fork a big chunk into her mouth.

'Mmnn, you're right. Mum's really out done herself this time.' She added while swallowing.

After a few moments of silently eating, I decided to make some small talk.

'So, what are you planning to wear to the party?' I asked while looking up from my almost empty plate.

'Umm, I don't know. What do you think I should wear?' She asked while scraping the last of the sauce off her plate and into her mouth.

'I wonder.... Can you use your powers easily now?' I asked while stabbing my fork into the last chunk of the lasagna that was on my plate.

'I don't know, I haven't used 'em since I was at the Pole. Why?' She said while gesturing for me to give her my now empty plate.

'Umm, well this is just a thought, but that dress you transformed into when you used you powers was really beautiful. You could go in that if you want.' I said while handing her the plate. She simply stacked them on top of each other and sat them on the beside table.

'Oh, umm, really?' Romanna asked shyly while twirling her hair in her fingers.

Aww, she's being all shy because I complimented her.

'Oh yeah! You should have seen yourself properly. Your powers are amazing!' I replied while climbing off the bed and standing up, dragging Romanna up with me.

'Ok, do something with your powers and let's see if you change.' I said excitedly while taking a step backwards from her.

'Umm, ok.' Romanna said while looking at her hands and closing them into fists. She stretched one arm out in front of her and flexed open her hand.

Nothing happened.

'Hmm, maybe I need more practice.' She said expertly while shrugging at me.

'Hmm, or maybe you're just not feeling enough. They're triggered by emotion, right? So what if we think back to when you last used them and how you were feeling then. If we do exactly what we did before when they worked, that should make you change again, maybe.' I explained while stepping closer to her and snaking my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

'Oh, I just realised I don't have a shirt on. Oops sorry, hold on I'll put it bac-' I was interrupted by Romanna's arms wrapping around my neck.

'Don't worry, you're fine without it.' She replied while rising on her tiptoes and kissing me on the lips.

For a moment she was taller than me, but she returned to her normal height after I started kissing back.

'Eeeeewwwwww! Muuum!!!! ROMANNA IS KISSING A NAKED BOOOOY!!!' Jessica squealed from the doorway.

'JESSICA!!!!' Romanna yelled back at her younger sister.

'What happened to knocking? You have to knock before you can come in! AND HE IS NOT NAKED!!!' She continued yell.

'Jessica! Leave your sista alone. She's aloud to kiss her boyfriend if she wants.' We heard Amy yell with a laugh from the lounge room.

'Eww, your gonna get boy germs!' Jessica remarked while walking out and shutting the door.

'I can not believe that just happened.' Romanna mumbled while face palming from embarrassment.

'Haha, what are siblings for?!' I joked while poking her in the shoulder.

'Your mum called me your boyfriend. Are we an actual couple now?' I asked.

'Well.... did you want us to be a couple?' She asked nervously.

'Well, yeah. But you said you wanted to go slow.' I reminded her.

'That was before I died. You confessed that you loved me and I love you too....' She trailed off while fumbling with her hands.

'Ok how about after this party and after North has changed the rules, we'll discuss if we are ready to become official.' I offered while smiling reassuringly at her.

'Sounds good to me.' Romanna added while pecking me on the lips and stepping away slightly.

I noticed she still didn't have her Mother Nature dress on.

'Aww, Damn you didn't change! Oh well, that was still a great kiss.' I commented while sighing.

'Yeah, before my sista rudely interrupted!' She grumbled while pulling the sleves of her pj's up.

'Anyway, It's ok, I don't really feel comfortable in dresses anyway. That's why I don't own any of them. It looks like I'll be wearing a blue shirt with dark skinny jeans. Is that ok?' She asked while walking to her wardrobe and grabbing out some black skinny jeans which had styled rips and tares up the front thighs and on the back pockets.

She also had a quick look through her small selection of shirts, trying to find one she liked more than the others.

'Hmm...' Romanna mumbled to herself while holding a patterned shirt to her chest and inspecting it in front of the mirror.

'What do you think?' She asked while looking at my reflection in the mirror.

'Yeah.... it's good.' I replied with an unsure tone.

'Aghh, I have like no nice shirts! Everything I own has been worn raggerd. I don't have anythin decent.' Romanna pouted while throwing what she was holding onto the bean bag and then face planted into the bed.

'Ok, let me have a look.' I offered while picking up the jeans she was holding a second ago.

Looking inside of her wardrobe and through her clothes was a little strange.

For a girl, I thought she would have a lot more in here. She had about eight different types of the same thin-strapped shirt that I've only ever seen her in.

She was wearing the blue one and the purple one continuously and I was wondering how they were getting washed so fast. It was because she had more than one of the same shirt.

Wow, that's seriously it. Romanna has about four other different shirts but one looked like a work/painting shirt and the others didn't really suit the event we were going to. Also, I can't see a single shoe!

Are those black knee high boots the only ones she has? How can she walk in them every day without her feet hurting? From what I've heard, boots are apparently really uncomfortable. Maybe it's because they are work boots, they are made to be worn continuously.

I don't know. But what I do know is that I've once again let my mind wonder away from the task at hand.

'Hmm.... Hey, what about this? Oh and you can wear this over it.' I said while holding out one of the replica shirts but in a light sky blue colour and a white lace tank top.

'Actually, that doesn't look half bad. Thanks!' Romanna said while kissing me on the cheek.

'Yeah, no problem.' I replied while smiling at her.

'C'mon we should go back to sleep. It's 9pm and we need to be up early' She said while turning off the light and taking a hold of my hand, pulling me back to bed.

'Woah!' She exclaimed as she tripped over my hoddie that was on the floor and toppled backwards onto the bed, dragging me down with her.

I landed directly on top of her, pinning her to the bed with my chest and arms. We giggled hysterically for a few moments before we relised how close our bodies and faces were.

'What did I say about you being more careful?' I said in a low whispered tone while slowly inching our faces closer together.

'It's not my fault, it was your hoodie' She replied in the same hushed tone. She leaned up on her elbows and closed the gap between us completely.

'R-Romie' I stutter out of breath when I slightly pulled away from the intense makeout kiss, but she didn't stop. Her hands were around my neck and in my hair, and her legs were tightly wrapped around my waist.

'Uh huh-' She mumbled as my lips moved away from hers and instinctivly trailed kisses down her neck. I unfastened the first and second buttons on her pajamas so I could kiss further down her collar bone.

'We-we should stop-' I started but stopped when her warm hands ran down my spine, making me shutter from the sensation.

Romanna was lying flat on her back and I was ontop, pinning her down. As we continued to pash at each other's lips, I used my hands to grab a tighter hold on her body and thighs, which were still wrapped around my waist.

'Romie, if you keep kissing me like that I might just melt.' I whispered into her ear while sliding my hands under the bottom of her shirt.

'Yeah? Well I betta keep doin it then.' She managed to reply between kisses.

'NO NO NO!!!' Amy suddenly yelled from the door way.

'Mum!' Romanna squealed while abruptly sitting up.

'Uh-oh...' I mumbled while avoiding eye contact.

'Yeah, uh-oh indeed! Couch! Now!' Amy ordered while pointing towards the hallway.

'Ok' I replied while standing up and rubbing the back of my neck and walking shamefully out to the lounge room.

|

|

|

|

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

~~~A few hours later~~~

'We're not late, are we?' I asked while walking into the globe room of the well lit North Pole.

'Not at all my dear!' North said happily while greeting me with a big bear hug. 'It is good to see you are well!' He added.

'Hey, you would never believe who Romanna's first believer is.' Jack said while leaning on his staff.

'Let me guess, it's Jamie isn't it.' Bunny replied while Tooth adjusted the black bow tie that was around his neck.

'Aghh, why do I have to wear this, it's not a formal party.' He complained to Tooth.

'You're wearing it because I said so and also because it makes you look very attractive.' She giggled while scratching under his chin.

'Hm, that feels sooo good.' He mumbled while enjoying Tooth's affection. She knows exactly what to do to make him comply to her every command.

'Blegh, guys! You're grossing me out!' Jack exclaimed while covering his eyes.

'Anyway it's her mother. She's Romanna's first believer. I didn't even know adults could believe in guardians.' Jack said while uneasily watching Bunnymund and Toothiana cuddle and flirt.

I don't understand why he's acting like this. Bunny and Tooth love each other and this is the first time they have ever been able to completely relax and enjoy each others company. It's a party, of course they are going to be a little frisky. Jack doesn't need to act like a child and make ewwing faces every time he sees them happily together.

I personally think they are an amazing couple and will be very happy together. Jack should too, but instead he's all "stop it" or "it's gross".

Aghh, it's just like when a child sees it's parents kissing. Like seriously, Jack could you be a little more mature.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when North released me from his hug as loud trumpets started playing.

'What's that?!' I yelled while covering my ears.

'DAMN YOU NORTH!' Jack yelled while grabbing my hand and running with me down the hall and pushing me quickly into the kitchen

'Woah, Jack. What's goin on?' I asked while glancing down at the freshly baked biscuits and party treats that were spread over the top of the kitchen's island bench.

'Cupid! That's what's going on! He's here.' Jack's voice was extremely harsh and it slightly frightened me.

'Crikey mate. What's your deal? Why do ya hate him so much? From what I've heard all he does is talk to ya in a childish or belittling tone. Can't you just ignore him?' I asked while resting my hands on his shoulders.

'Easier said than done.' Jack said while leaning his staff on the wall and placing both of his hands on my hips.

'I bet he will have about four angels with him too. Those damn girls just never leave me alone! Before you ask, Cupid's angels are his workers, kinda like Tooth's mini fairies or North's yetis. The angels help him do his job, what ever it is he actually does for a job.' Jack added with a frown.

'Don't worry, if he or his angels do anythin to ya that ya don't like, he'll have to deal with a very unhappy Aussie. I'll have him beggin for mercy. Nobody upsets my Jack. Wow I sound so Sagittarius, well I'll tell ya that I definitely live up to my star sign.' I explained.

'Oh really now. I'm going to have to look you up and see what I can learn about your true personality-- wait.... Did you just say "My Jack"? Hmm, that has a nice ring to it. I like you calling me yours. Oh, what if I was to say I'll be a lot happier with, My Romie guarding me from Cupid's crazed fangirling angels. Would that get me kiss?' He asked sweetly with a cheeky grin.

'Well, of course that will, your Sagittarius and I'm already very familiar in the consolations teachings. Bunny made sure I knew everything. Did you know the consolations are alive? They are masive beautiful beings made out of stars. Actually a consolation was the one who taught Emily Jane or Mother Nature her powers. She's not even from this planet, she crashed here with Sandy thousands of years ago. Yeah Sandy's an alien too. Tooth and North are the only ones originally from earth.' I explained while accidentally losing my train of thought.

'Well, we are gonna have a little talk lata 'bout what ya know 'bout the previous Motha Nature. But gettin back on topic, since ya know my star sine so well, you will know you're only gonna get more kisses if you do as your told. Say my name like that again, but slowa this time.' I requested in a very slow and alluring tone.

'Ok, My Romanna.' He said it in the most perfect tone of voice with that signature smirk of his.

Immediately after our lips were locked together and when Jack lightly tugged at my bottom lip, I happily parted my lips and allow him in. The simple kiss quickly turned into a full blown lustful makeout session.

For some reason I had the urge to slide my hands up the back of his hoddie, feeling his cool skin under my warm hands. He slightly moaned from the feeling of my hands gently rubbing circles on his back.

Damn you Jack, you already know how to put me under your spell. If you make me feel like I'm the stronger one, that I'm in control and let me take the lead. If you do that, I'll do anything you want and obviously it's working.

After that little makeout incident last night, I haven't been able to stop thinking about how good it felt when he was kissing me like that... untill my mum had to barge in and send Jack out to the couch. Though I don't regret sneeking out after mum went to bed and snuggling with him on the couch until sunrise.

Jack promptly followed my lead and stepped forward, leaning me against the wall.

'J-Jack' I stuttered completely out of breath when his lips moved from my mouth and trailed down my jaw to my neck and shoulder. Instinctivly I moaned and raised my chin, giving him easier access to my pink flushed neck.

'Oh, they're just making out. Eww you two, can you please save that kind of kissing for when you are alone? Now stop being rude and say hello to Cupid!' Tooth said while grabbing our attention.

We immediately stopped and stepped away from each other.

AGGH!!! WHAT'S WITH PEOPLE AND INTERRUPTING US WHEN WE ARE LUSTFULY KISSING!!!

'But-but, I don't wanna!' Jack complained while fixing the bottom of his hoodie.

'Well I do! Now c'mon!' I said while holding his hand and following Tooth down the hall.

'Making out you say? Well my presence does tend to have that kind of affect on people.' A male voice spoke from the globe room.

As soon as my eyes reached Cupid I almost died.

'Holy crap!' I exclaimed loudly. My eyes shot open in surprise and my jaw dropped.

'Holy hearts on Valentine's day!' Cupid suddenly yelled and jumped about four meters away from me.

'ROMANNA! What are you doing here!' He shouted while flailing his arms at me.

'What am I doin here? More like what the hell are you doin here!?' I half yelled back at him.

'Woah, wait. You two know each other?' Jack, North, Tooth and Bunny asked in unison. Sandy had a simple golden question mark floating above his head instead.

'You could say that. This is Dan, my stepfatha, Jessica's fatha.' I growled while crossing my arms and glaring angrily at him.

'WHAT!' The whole room of people yelled.

A/N

HAHA this chapter was soo fun!!!

So much kissing! Maybe a little too much.... I'll be turning it down and not have so much lovely stuff in the next few parts.

And now you've sort of met Cupid who is ironically Romie's step dad who Jack hates... More details about that are in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading and voting! I love allllll of you soooooo much!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 1K 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...
619 43 9
My name, as you probably know, is Jack Frost. How I know that? Because the moon told me and this story will be full of drama, exciting new adventures...
4.3K 37 10
astrea borealis. or y/n l/n. whatever her name is, she was out there, probably riding her dragon. she heightened imaginations in children. she would...
11.8K 420 13
"This is outrageous! How dare Pitch try something like that!" North roared. Jack Frost flinched slightly at the outburst. "And with me tied up here...