𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚢 || (𝙷𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝙻�...

By neozxn

(⚠️ TW ⚠️: Mentions of bullying, anxiety, homophobia, harassment, and self-harm/suicide. I highly recommend n... More

Chapter 1: 'Sweet Spot'
Chapter 2: 'You Again'
Chapter 3: 'Stupid-Cute'
Chapter 4: 'First Impressions'
Chapter 5: 'Fragile'
Chapter 6: 'Ground Rules'
Chapter 7: 'Avalanche'
Chapter 8: 'Hierarchy'
Chapter 9: 'Rumor'
Chapter 10: 'Haven't You Heard'
Chapter 11: 'Neighbors'
Chapter 12: 'The Fair'
Chapter 13: 'Bathrooms'
Chapter 14: 'Detention'
Chapter 15: 'Eda's Advice'
hello, I'm alive (a/n)
Chapter 16: 'Confusion'
Chapter 17: 'Gullible'
Chapter 18: 'Cold'
Chapter 19: 'The L-word'
Chapter 20: 'Pancakes'
Chapter 21: 'Odalia'
Chapter 22: 'Problems'
Chapter 23: 'Break'
Chapter 25: "Christmas Gifts"
Chapter 26: 'A Surprise Visit'
Chapter 27: 'Bad Luck'

Chapter 24: 'Lights and Fights'

3.7K 121 311
By neozxn

⚠ TW: FIGHTING, VIOLENCE, AND SWEARING 

Quick A/N: I would like to say thank you for all the support through this fic :) I could never be more grateful for each and every one of you. I wanted to make this chapter longer because I just feel like y'all deserve it. Also, please tag spoilers if you talk about the new eps in the comments. Thank you again, so much love to you all. Only a couple of chapters left to go ~ neo <3.

3rd Person POV:

3 weeks have gone by, which meant Christmas was right around the corner. This past month was crazy, with so many fights and arguments. Luz just needed a chill afternoon with her friends. And that's exactly what she was going to do.

Christmas lights had just started to show up, and Amity had told her that the town goes all out for them. Since lights would be better at night, the group decided to get going at 9 o'clock. It was around 8 now and Luz still had yet to be ready.

She knew she had to get up, but she just felt so cozy in her bed. It was cold outside today, and she just felt safe in her own space. That didn't last long though.

There was a knock on her front door. Her mom was already in the kitchen so she yelled, "I got it!". She only heard muffled voices, but she could tell who they belonged to. Luz heard the footsteps come up to her door.

There were 3 knocks, and Luz just let out a tired "Come in,". Her girlfriend appeared in the frame she had a big, puffy black coat and purple ear muffs around her neck. Luz thought she looked absolutely adorable.

"Woah, you're not ready yet?" Amity asked, kind of shocked. The Blight walked over and took a set at the edge of Luz's bed. Luz just dramatically dug her face into her pillow. "Feeling lazy today?" Amity asked with a chuckle. Luz just grunted.

Amity got up and walked towards her girlfriend, placing a small kiss on her forehead before ripping the covers off of her. Luz instantly stood up, her hair a mess and her clothes all wrinkled up. "Hey! That's not nice," She exclaimed.

Amity laughed. "Come on you have to get ready! You still wanna go see the lights?" She asked. Of course, Luz did, she just didn't have the energy to get ready. "Yeah I do, just give me a second to adjust," Luz said.

Luz yawned and took a big stretch before she stood up a new person. "Ok, I feel better," She said with a smile. "That's all it took?" Amity said laughing. Luz just rolled her eyes playfully, "I'll be right back," She said, walking out of her room and to the bathroom. She had brushed her teeth and thrown some water in her face to wake herself up more.

After that, she walked back into her room to see Amity sitting at her desk. "Ok, I don't have a lot of winter clothes since I didn't live in a cold place, " Luz said as she stared at her closet. "Well, just pick out the comfiest pair of pants you have and go from there. It's supposed to snow tonight," Amity said.

Luz dug around a bit before she found a pair of light-washed jeans. They were really heavy-duty and had no rips so she thought they would hold up. She spotted Amity's new letterman jacket she had just gotten from winning nationals.

Luz laughed remembering how happy and proud Amity was afterward, Luz cheered her on the whole time. Amity let Luz keep it in her closet because she was running out of room, but also because Luz seemed to like it a lot.

Luz pulled it out of the closet. "Amity, would you be mad if I wore this?" Luz asked. Even if it was in her closet, it was still Amity's. "No, you can wear it, but please don't get it dirty or stained," Amity said.

Luz promised not to and put the letterman on her bed. She decided to put a long-sleeved shirt and a hoodie under it. She hated the cold weather.

"Alright, I'll go out while you change," Amity said, getting up. "No, it's ok, I'll just go in the bathroom," Luz suggested. Amity was already near the door. "No it's ok, I want to talk with your mom anyway," Amity said as she walked out.

Luz didn't know if that was a childish joke or if she was serious.

Brushing off the thought, Luz got dressed and was impressed with her appearance. She brushed out her hair a bit since it was tangled. That led her hair to poof out, but she didn't mind all that much. Luz was looking at which beanie to wear when she noticed something way better. It was a Santa hat with lights that turned on with a button on the side.

Luz remembered how she begged her mom to get it for her and she still thought it was the best purchase ever.

Once Luz put on her shoes, she walked out of her room. She walked into the kitchen to hear laughing coming from the dining room. She saw Amity and her mother sitting and talking. It warmed Luz's heart to see that.

Ever since the whole 'somewhat argument' Luz liked to call it, Luz's mom was a bit wary of Amity. Both Luz and Amity knew she had good reason to be, so Amity did all it took to gain her trust back in her. The first time Amity had ever met her mom, she brought over some flowers, which Camila still kept watered in her living room.

Every time after that, Amity would bring small gifts and always talk to her mom while she was over. Luz would even catch her mom being excited for Amity to come over, she would prepare dinner for all 3 of them and sometimes they would watch a movie together.

Luz walked over to the table, she sat next to Amity. The two 'not so secretly' held hands under the table while the two talked to Luz's mom for a while. Luz showed Amity her cool hat, which her mom rolled her eyes about, remembering how Luz wouldn't stop whining until she bought it. 

Eventually, Luz and Amity both got a text in their group chat with Boscha and Willow that they were on their way. "Well, it was nice talking to you Ms. Noceda!" Amity said happily as the two got up. "You two be careful out there, don't stay out too late! it's a school night," She said as she gave Amity a hug. "And you keep her safe, she's such a nice girl," Camila said to Luz as she did every time they left somewhere.

The second the two were out the door Amity placed a kiss on Luz's cheek. "What was that for?" Luz asked as they connected hands. "I don't know, just felt like it," The Blight said. For some reason, that just made Luz's heart flutter.

"Oh...well, uh...thank you," Luz stuttered out. They had been dating for almost a month now and Luz still got nervous around Amity. "You're welcome," Amity said with a smile as they started to walk down the street together. Even though it was dark outside, Luz was sure you could see her bright red face.

They walked hand in hand to the pier. The whole walk consisted of Amity gushing over Christmas. Luz didn't care for the holidays, but she would be this year just for Amity. Luz had already planned out the presents she was going to get her friends and her mom. She had recently gotten her last paycheck and was going to spend it on gifts, maybe something for herself in the process.

Once they could see the lights in their vision, Luz saw why Amity gushed over them. It was very beautiful. Christmas music played from speakers, and the lights seemed to change on beat with the song. 

Luz looked over at Amity, who had a huge smile on her face. Amity looked over at Luz as well, jumping up and down excitedly as she let out a squeal. Luz chuckled as Amity pulled her further into the pier. 

It took them a while to find Boscha and Willow, but they eventually all grouped up. "What took you guys so long?" Boscha asked. "I just got caught up, you know I love it here," Amity said. Boscha knew it was true. Amity would drag her here ever since they were in 6th grade. 

"Boscha and I were just thinking about getting some hot chocolate, you guys want some?" Willow asked. They agreed and walked over to the hot chocolate stand. There was a bit of a line since the pier was pretty packed. It seemed like almost everyone in town came here.

They got their drinks and found a bench to sit on near the stand. Luz didn't get her own hot chocolate, but she got some sips from Amity's. Lactose intolerance was no joke. 

When the 4 were finished with their drinks and their conversation died down, they decided to get up and make their way down further on the pier.

The further and further they got, the more Amity gushed and squealed. Luz would smile too, not because of the lights, but because it felt nice that Amity was having a great time. They had finally made it to the end of the pier, where the giant tree stood. Luz could guess it was about 25 feet at least. It was bright and had lights that would smoothly change colors. Luz was mesmerized and wondered how they even got it there in the first place.

Luz stopped looking at the tree when she felt someone tap her shoulder. "Hey, can we take a picture together?" Amity asked, almost shy. Now that Luz thought about it, the two hadn't taken many pictures together. Maybe it was because Luz never thought to take some, but it was still kind of shocking to realize. 

"Yes! Of course, we can," Luz said excitedly, which made Amity smile. The two took some selfies but had eventually asked Boscha to take some of them by the tree. Boscha was sure to give them her input about how cringy they were.

The two just laughed as they kept posing, they were too caught up in the moment to even see the object hurling at them.

Luz fell to the ground as she felt the person bump into her at full speed. "Hey, watch out dumbass!" Luz yelled from the ground, rubbing her shoulder. She didn't curse much, but she did when she had to. 

"What did you say to me?" She heard the person say, she knew that voice all too well. She looked up to see the captain of the football team, Zayn. She hadn't spoken, heard, or even seen him in months. He stood over her, football in hand. Probably the reason he bumped into her. 

Luz felt her blood boil at the sight of him. "I said watch out dumbass," Luz said a little more aggressively his time. She stood up and faced up at him, a stern look on both of their faces. Luz could see Boscha come up from her peripheral vision and could feel Amity grab her hand behind her. "Luz, stop it," She heard Boscha say. 

"Oh, you don't have to worry. She got lucky last time, she won't do shit this time," He said as he chuckled. Luz pulled away from Amity's grasp and put her hand into a fist, she was so ready to punch this guy in the face...again.

"Oh yeah, remind me how you got that crooked nose again?" Luz said sarcastically, a fierce look still on her face. You could see Zayn fume at her words. "I'll beat you and your little girlfriend's ass right now!" He yelled a bit. You could hear some people fall silent and stare over at them.

Luz could handle comments about her, but when people said stuff about Amity, that's when she crossed the line.

Luz pushed Zayn back, since he didn't expect it, he fell back and stumbled. "Luz!" She could hear Amity yell. Luz put her foot to his chest, pushing in. She heard people gasp and could see Zayn flinch.

"Luz! Get off!" Boscha yelled trying to push her off, Luz just swatted her away. Accidentally face hitting her in the process. She could hear Boscha fall to the ground. Amity stood in horror as she remembered this scene too well.

Luz looked back to see if Boscha was ok, and that gave Zayn just enough time to push Luz off him. "I'm gonna kill you," He said as he got up and swung at Luz, one punch hit her on her side and another near her eye and temple.

Luz fell down after the hit. She didn't hesitate to kick him in the leg after she got knocked down. He kneeled down in pain. It gave Luz enough time to have him completely on the ground and hold him there. This time, she put a knee to his neck and dug in. He gasped out.

 "Listen, you're going to leave me and my friends alone, for good. Keep my name out of your mouth. You're never coming near me or Amity again, got it," She said, she could feel the blood drip on the side of her head

"And if you do, you better pray I don't tear you apart. Tell your little girlfriend Kali about this too, I'll do much worse to her," Luz said a little quieter, just so he could hear her. Zayn was gasping for air, turning red in the face. But even with his short breathing, he could manage to slap Luz across the face. 

Luz was stunned a bit, but she guessed her adrenaline was too high for her to feel it. She looked back at him and punched in straight on the side of his face. He yelped out, which was enough satisfaction for Luz to get off of his neck. 

As Zayn started getting up, they heard a loud "Hey!" in the crowd. They both looked over to see a security guard running toward the scene.

Zayn took some deep breaths as he stood and ran back to his friends. But, Luz just stood there stunned. She could feel her vision getting blurry from tears. She felt that same rage that she felt 2 months ago at Kali's party. When the officers came up to her and told her to follow them, she didn't say anything. She just went along and stayed silent. 

They had also told her friends to follow. Amity came up behind Luz and put a hand on her shoulder. The officers had told them that they were going to be taken into a holding room so that they could call their parents had had them come pick them up. That's exactly what they did before getting seated. They gave Luz a bandaid to put on her head.

Luz looked down at the floor, her head hurt like hell. A very familiar feeling from when Zayn had hit her before. But, she also felt horrible for getting her friends into this mess. The brunette looked over at Boscha. "I'm sorry Bosh, I didn't mean to hurt you I was just caught up in the moment," Luz apologized. 

"Hey, forget it, I forgive you," Boscha said as she patted Luz on the back. "I'm so sorry to all of you, this was supposed to be a fun night," Luz said as she put her face in her hands. She let out a couple of cries.

"Hey, you don't have to apologize," Amity said. "Yeah, it was that jerk's fault, you just defended yourself and us," Willow added. It made Luz feel a bit better that they weren't mad at her, but she still felt shitty.

Boscha's mom had eventually come in and took both Bsocha and Willow, they said goodbye and left Luz and Amity alone. 

They didn't speak for a bit, that was until Luz asked Amity to put the bandaid on her head. Amity agreed and did so. "Does your head hurt?" Amity asked. It was a dumb question, but she needed something to break the tension. Luz nodded, "A bit," She lied, it hurt bad.

Luz couldn't help but want to cry when staring at Amity. Luz pulled her into a hug and cried on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry I ruined tonight, I was just so worried about what he said to you and I just lost it," Luz sobbed.

"It's ok Luz, really, it's not your fault," The Blight tried soothing her. Amity pulled away from the hug, but still held on to her girlfriend's shoulders. "Luz, look at me please," She asked nicely.

Luz wiped the tears off her cheeks before looking up. "You stood up for yourself and for me, and I appreciate that. We can always come back again, just you and me. Then we can have the cheesy date we deserve, alright?" Amity said, trying to lighten the mood.

Luz smiled and bit and sniffled. "I would like that a lot,".

They went in for another hug, and this one lasted until Camila had come into the office.

 Getting a phone call that your daughter was in a fight at 10 o'clock was not something any mother wanted to hear.

When Camila finally saw Luz, she pulled her into a big hug. "Mija, ¿¡Estás bien!?" She asked worriedly. Luz had pulled away, "Sí mama, I just kept Amity safe, like you said," Luz chuckled with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, but I also told you to be careful! That doesn't mean get into fights!" Camila said loudly as she turned around. Camila had eventually got the go-ahead to take Luz and Amity home. 

They had gotten into the car, it was a silent ride as Luz and Amity held hands. "Amity, I'm taking you home," She said sternly.

Amity was bummed out, of course, but she didn't try to say anything about it. When they had gotten to Blight Manor, Amity got out. Luz got out for a quick second as well just to give Amity a quick hug and kiss goodbye.

Luz had gotten back in the car. She got in the backseat, she couldn't face her mom in the passengers' seat.

There was silence the whole trip home.

When they did reach the Noceda residence, Luz dragged herself inside and sat on the couch. She didn't have enough energy to reach her room.

"My head hurts really bad, can I have some medicine?" She asked. Camila agreed and brought Luz back painkillers and an ice pack. "You have to bruise on your face, this will help the swelling a bit," She said.

Luz put the ice on her face. She was so disappointed in herself.

"Walk me through it, I need to know what happened," Camila desperately said. She needed to know what was going through her daughter's mind. Luz would never just throw herself into a fight.

"Well, this wasn't the first time we've fought," Luz confessed. Camila was taken aback. Luz had explained the whole incident 2 months prior, it shocked Camila to hear.

"You got into a fight 2 months ago and never told me! ¡Dios mío, Luz! ¿¡Por qué no me dijiste!?" Camila yelled out. "I'm sorry, it was just a lot and you already had so much on your plate. I didn't want to add to that," Luz softly said. It was true, sometimes she felt like a burden to her mom. She was one of the reasons they moved here in the first place.

"Luz, I could never be too busy to keep you safe," Her mom said as she put an arm around Luz. At this point, the teen could feel her cheeks growing wet with tears. "Why? I just want to know. You have never shown signs of any violence, why would you start now?" Camila asked.

Luz took a couple of deep breaths. "He threatened to hurt Amity...both times," Luz started saying. "I'm fine whenever people say stuff to me, you know that, but I draw the line at any of my friends. Especially Amity. I wasn't just going to sit there and do nothing! I beat him up once, I could do it again," Luz rambled. 

She eventually stopped talking, 'What am I saying?' Luz said to herself. Her mom stared, she didn't know what to say. Camila sighed, "Look, you fought for a good reason. I appreciate you protecting Amity, you really do care about her," Camila said as she smiled. She pulled her daughter into a hug, "But, fighting can have consequences, like right now," Camila said as she pulled out of the hug.

"You're grounded until your winter break. That means you come straight here after school and no inviting your friends over. I'll let you have your phone, but if you ever get into another fight, you will never leave this house again," Camila said sternly. Luz nodded, "I promise to never get into another fight, I mean it," Luz said, she really did mean it. 

"Now, are you hurting anywhere else?" Her mom asked. "My side, but that's it really," She said. "Ok then, go ahead and shower, I'll get you patched up afterward," Camila said as they both got up. They both gave each other another hug before pulling away and getting ready to sleep.

Luz got bandaged up and ready for bed. She laid down on her bed and grabbed her phone. 'Are you ok?' She messaged Amity. 'Yes I'm fine, are you?' The Blight messaged back almost immediately. The two talked for what seemed like all night, and most messages contained Luz apologizing over and over again for her outburst. Amity reassured her it was all ok.

Safe to say neither of them got to rest for school the next morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
4K 214 36
At 17 years old Luz decided to run from home she manage to go between realms and ended up on the Boiling Isles. When she decides to stay and help Eda...
253K 8.3K 53
After helping Amity save the Blight twins and Eda. Luz was able to make a club with Amity. She is very exited to talk to Amity again. After all in a...
104 2 11
This story is marked complete but be aware, the story is unfinished, i may some day continue writing it but until then it will be marked complete. If...