The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

Chapter Sixteen

23.2K 600 15
By MJ_Cristine

Following morning Ivan got a call from his mother that his siblings are coming and he will be the one to pick them up. He obliged since it's been six months since he last saw them and they need a lot of catching up to do. Two minutes top Ivan is already at the waiting bay of the airport and saw his siblings.

"Kuya (Brother)!!" Leila and Ian screamed over him.

Ivan easily recognized Leila's new hair since she dyed her shoulder length straight black hair to medium Auburn and her height is 5 feet 9 inches is towering the crowd while Ian at his 5 feet and 11 inches.

"Lei! Ian! I missed you guys!" Ivan ruffled Leila's hair and did a bro handshake to Ian.

"Kuya, not my hair please." Leila tried to get away from Ivan's hand but it was too late.

"I know. How is the flight?" Ivan just gave a sassy smile to his sister.

"I missed you Kuya. The flight is okay but Kuya Ian keeps bugging me the whole flight." Leila complained like a kid to his older brother as always.

"That's how your Kuya Ian shows he missed you." Ivan took her luggage.

"I even waited three hours at JFK Airport for you so we can take the flight together yet you've been complaining." Ian protested.

"Break it up we need to go home before rush hour started." Ivan takes charge like a big brother as always.

"Can you wait me at the VIP exit? I need to use the washroom." Leila suggested.

"Go but make it fast." Ivan let her go and Leila was close to running to her destination.

"So how is your business conference in California Ian?" Ivan focuses on his brother.

"I just closed the deal with the investors and we will start with the new project soon." Ian proudly announced.

"Great another milestone for the Mortiz's!" Ivan tapped his brother's shoulder.

"Actually I thought I won't get that since we had a problem with one of the investor so I had to personally meet and convince him since he's not in California that time." Ian briefed his brother like he always does.

"But you managed it so Congrats bro! You are one of the youngest Entrepreneurs next to me now." Ivan nevertheless is still proud of his brother's achievement.

"Thanks I got it from you so how is your bank doing?" Ian claimed to his brother.

"I hit the second spot of the largest bank nationwide and our target is to be on top by the end of this year." Ivan relay his plans in exchanged.

"Wow! You're really unstoppable Kuya." Ian commented.

"Look who's talking you're doing great with the hotel business too." Ivan countered happily.

"You're my idol when it comes to business and women. You should have seen them swooning over me too." Ian and his boyish attitude Ivan thought.

"Just be careful you're only 27 and I don't want to be a Tito soon or in the near future not even going to the hospital with you again just because one of them claimed that you impregnated them." Ivan reminded him their secrets.

It was just few months ago when Ian confessed what his problem was. That day they took the girl to the hospital and Ivan was the one who demands to get a paternity test in exchanged of giving her a fair amount. After two weeks it was proven that the girl has a polycystic syndrome that caused the delay of her priod. The brothers were more than relieved by that statement and they ended up going to the bar to celebrate Ian's freedom again.

"So tell me about your wedding was that part of your plan too?" Ian opened the subject since he knew his brother too well.

"Isn't what you Ma told you to attend my wedding?" Ivan chose not to give his brother the real deal just yet.

"To be honest I was shocked when Ma told me that it was not Nathalie that you are getting married with." Ian is observing his brother's reaction.

"Let's not talk about that woman." Ivan dismissed hastily.

"So how did this proposal happen?" Ian saw that there is something off about his brother.

Knowing his brother, he enjoyed being single even when he was with Nathalie, he still does one night stands. When his Kuya asked for idea about the proposal with Nathalie he hesitated since Ian knew why he is doing it. Now here he goes again on same situation but the only difference is his Mom was well aware of it.

"I proposed in the hospital where she's working at." Ivan briefed them.

"Are you sure she is the woman you really wanna get tied with? I mean don't get me wrong but—" Ian was cut short.

"I am sure about her now stop with the questions and help me with Leila's heavy duty baggage." Ivan pointed on the four pink luggages in front of them.

"I could never comprehend why she has a lot when she only spends like two weeks on her photoshoot." Ian gathered one of the luggages with him.

"I'm back." Leila appeared in front of her brothers who were now carrying her luggages.

"Good come along you two. Leila I'll drop you off first since it's the nearest then Ian you're last." Ivan stood up and Ian towed.

"Can crash at your place tonight I'll go home tomorrow I'm so tired?" Ian groaned.

"Me too Kuya please?" Leila played sweetly.

"No, you two can talk who stays on the other room on the way." Ivan walks ahead since he knows the next thing he will hear.

"It's Leila! It's Kuya Ian!" Ivan's siblings both shouted at the same time.

As soon as they reached the door some Media are standing few meters away from the entrance. They can still hear them yelling since the microphones are attached to them like a glue.

"Ivan! Is it true that you have a child with your fiancée?" The Reporter is fearless Ivan thought.

"When is the wedding?" Another hit a question.

"Where will be the honeymoon takes place and the wedding venue?" Next Reporter snooped.

"All your queries will be tackled on my Engagement Party on Saturday, seven in the evening at Fernwood Gardens. Thank you." Ivan turned around ignoring the rest of the Reporters.

"Leila, how is your modelling doing? Are you here to promote?" The question is thrown to their sister.

"My modelling is great and soon you will see the product that I just endorsed." Leila flipped her hair and smiled at the camera.

"Ian! Is it true that one of your hotels in America has been bankrupt?" It was another reporter from behind.

Ian didn't spare them a glance as they get in the car in fast motion before the Press squeeze them again for questioning. Leila loves the attention since its part of her job as model as well.

"I can't believe how these people can create such controversial issues." Ian was first to take the front seat while still looking at the crowd outside.

"That's part of being a Mortiz and you just have to take it in." Leila fixed her hair.

"They are really gone crazy just to get to new scoop." Ian saw the Press as they left.

"We are always the talk of town when were all together." Ivan put on his seatbelt.

"The Media love us." Leila is more accepting than her two brothers since she's been in front of the camera almost everyday.

"I still wonder how they can be that fast." Ian is shaking his head.

"We are the public Golden Eyes right so it's normal to create news about it and tail us." Leila pointed out.

"Leila how was London?" Ivan started to drive.

"It's great and I got my contract with Victoria Secret they even made me the fce of the month!" Leila gave satisfying news that earns grunts from his two brothers.

"You really took the spotlight amongst us Leila but it means you almost don't have your own privacy." Ian glanced at her only sister.

"Kuya Ian I love what I do, it was my choice from the start." Leila defended her side.

"Yes we know that but parading yourself wearing that skimpy underwears still irks me to no end." Ivan eyed with distaste tone.

"Did you know I almost got into another fight during my business conference?" Ian added.

"Yeah Pa almost had a heart attack when he saw the magazine." Ivan added.

"My God! Will you please stop being protective I'm 25 years old and totally adult." Leila just want to stomp her feet or get out of the car since she knows this will happen again.

"But we still see you as a baby with pig tail hair and playing lego blocks." Ian gave another debating issue.

"Right, so whatever age you are, you're still our only sister; the youngest among us." Ivan supported Ian.

"My dear Kuyas can you just for once accept it please?" Leila begs her two brothers just for them to realize she really enjoyed her job as a model.

"How could I when those horny dogs fantasizing you because of your sexy pictures? Kuya knows what exactly I am talking about." Ian pointed his head towards Ivan who at the moment is busy driving.

"Ian is right don't take us the wrong way we are proud of you it's just that we are really not comfortable to see or hear anything nasty things about you." Ivan saw Leila from the mirror is grumbling under her breath.

"I knew it you'll lecture me again only Ma is my ally from all of this." Leila sulked at the back of the car.

"Okay let's make a deal you can do your modelling as long as you want and I let you have 25% percent of our shares from both companies." Ivan offered.

"Kuya no way!" Ian protested.

"I'm sure you won't compromise without you benefiting from it so what is it for you and Kuya Ian then?" Leila's smart remarks made Ian intrigued too.

"You are not going to date until you reach 30 and you'll have two bodyguards wherever you go to any social parties." Ivan gave his side of the deal.

"Oh my God!! I will stay as an old maiden with no freedom at all do you even call that a deal?" Leila argued.

"Take that or I will have your date inquest personally and I wil also hold all your credit cards since I do have all the access on it." Ivan knew his sister will take the bait.

"Damn it! You are not making it eat on me Kuya." Leila muttered under breath.

"I'm waiting Leila." Ivan took another glance at his sister from the rear mirror.

"FINE! It's a deal." Leila agreed but she forms a planned of getting back with her brothers.

The guys are grinning on their seats as they approached the highways. Just then Leila stayed silent until they reached their location. The siblings had just entered Ivan's Penthouse and they placed Leila's five big luggages on the side before taking their seats.

"Damn! Did you just put lifting weights on these luggages? Why do you have so many luggages with you?" Ian complained as he placed the last luggage on the side.

"Duh! I'm a model so I need to have all the clothes that I'm asked to wear or bring." Leila counterclaimed.

"Isn't it your sponsor responsibility to bring the clothes?" Ivan retaliates.

"Yeah but I bought clothes from London I am a woman who loves to shop." Leila is absolutely doing her real talk with her two ignorant brothers when it comes to shopping.

"Ian can you please grab us a drink I'm too tired to get it. Thanks!" Ivan placed the car key on the table.

"Sure I missed the beer here." Ian went to the kitchen and found 6 cans of beers.

"I just bought in case you drop by and baby sis I got your carrot juice too." Ivan sat tiredly on the couch.

"Thanks Kuya you're the best!" Leila quickly went to the fridge and gets her juice.

"So are you ready for your Engagement party on Saturday?" Ian handed his brother the cold drinks.

"Yup!" Ivan gave a popped sound.

"Speaking of that I was expecting she would be meeting us here where is my sister-in-law Kuya?" Leila sips her juice.

"Abegail is at the hospital now." Ivan is opening the beer.

"Ma told me she's a Doctor with a kid." Leila sat across them.

"A Pediatrician to be exact." Ivan clarified.

"What is she like?" Leila seems to have something in mind.

"She's a very private person so you can't take her to any social gatherings Lei. A nice woman and very caring; always have soft spot for kids that I'm certainly lacking of." Ivan expected what his sister is thinking.

"Are you sure that she's not just a rebound because of Nathalie?" Leila is a bit sceptical since she knew what his brother had been through.

"Yes I'm sure she isn't and please never mentioned her name again. She is the caused why our family is almost ruined especially my relationship with Pa." Ivan couldn't even phantom to utter the name he loathed.

"Wow is that you Kuya? You mean to tell us that you and Pa are okay now?" Leila giddily moves beside her brother.

"Yes actually never been better." Ivan confirmed.

"That's great to hear Kuya!" Ian patted his shoulder.

"I'm glad to hear that at least now you know Pa's side story." Leila smiled.

"Did you know about this?" Ivan questioned his two siblings who both nod.

"Yeah we confronted Pa and he explained it but that time no one can talk to you. I actually tried talking to you about it but we ended into a fight." Leila did the explanation.

"Yeah I do remember that. Sorry for lashing out on you that day I was too blinded with anger." Ivan recalls the day when Leila went to his office.

"Nah, I have forgotten it at least everything is back to normal now we can all sleep well." Leila waved her hand in dismissing manner.

"Yeah especially you Lei we know you're Pa's pet among us." Ian teased her.

"Can't blame him even us feel the same." Ivan eyed his little sister who is now busy on her phone.

"So tell me more about Abegail, how did you meet her?" Leila studied his brother carefully.

"You are really like Ian you asked too much." Ivan avoided the question.

"Well I am just puzzled about it and you didn't speak about her or introduce her to us." Leila is now more intrigued.

"I did only introduce her to Ma at that time we are not in speaking terms Lei and Ian was attending some conference." Ivan found the best lie he can create.

"But still you could've just given us a hint instead of keeping it as secret." Leila added.

"I didn't mean to keep it just so happen that you both are not here." Ivan manages to stiched some more lies.

"It's not like Kuya haven't done planning a wedding before." Ian rebutted.

"What do you mean before?" Leila gave a questioning stare.

"Well you see baby sis, Kuya was about to propose to the devil's spawn as soon as he got back from Australia." Ian confessed.

"WHAT?!" Leila yelled causing her two brothers cringed while Ivan glowering his brother.

"I was just doing it to get off Ma's back since she was nagging me to get married." Ivan had no choice but to tell her.

"Oh my God, I just want to hit both of you right now with my 4 inches heel shoes!" Leila scowled at her brothers.

"Relax sis, it never happen so stop shrieking like a mad woman before we turned deaf." Ian covered his ears.

"I just hope you are not marrying this woman for the same reasons." Leila speaks after she calms down.

"I think Kuya really fell hard for her because he is willing to settle down and mind you with a kid. That is something against Kuya's Code and Ma seems to like her." Ian chuckled.

"Both of you are giving me headache and stop talking as if I am not here." Ivan groaned in response.

"But no offence Kuya, you're not a husband material I mean marriage is like signing up on your death." Leila gave a soft laugh.

"Keep mocking me or both of you will sleep on the street." Ivan smirked knowing he won fair-square.

Ivan took one of the cans on the table and threw it to the bin while hearing his siblings whispering.

"I am tired, I'm going to bed." Ian yawned.

"Wait! Who wants to sleep with me?" Leila works on her puppy eyes.

Leila is very close to her brothers she spends more time with them when she's in the Philippines. She still sleeps on her brother's bed like a five year old kid but Ivan and Ian doesn't mind it they love her and will do anything for their baby sister. In fact Leila graduated her College without any suitors because of her two very protective brothers.

"Your pouting won't help this time I want my own bed tonight." Ivan didn't cave on his sister while Ian is secretly laughing behind her.

"Kuya Ian, will you let me sleep with you, pretty please." Leila went to her other brother and it was Ivan turned to laugh as discrete as he could.

"I've been with you in the plane for fifteen hours so no I need a break from you." Ian played along after getting the hint.

"It's used to be our tradition that one of you will cuddle me since I was a little girl." Leila stomped her feet and sat on the couch sulking.

"You're adult right so you can manage." Ivan used Leila's own term back on their conversation.

"You can also handle your nightmares." Ian supported his brother.

"Fine! Since none of you wants to sleep with me I'm spending it to other place." Leila fetched her phone inside her bag and started dialling someone.

"Pa and Ma are probably sleeping by now don't call them." Ivan tried to stop her.

"It's not them that I'm calling." Leila grabs her phone.

"Then who are you calling?" Ivan waited until his sister raised a hand to signal them to keep quiet.

"Hi Kris!" Leila was interrupted.

"Who the hell is Kris?" Ivan suddenly went stoic like Ian.

"Sorry about that babe... I---" Leila was cut off again.

"Babe? Is that you boyfriend?" Ian is now on his protective mode as well.

Leila gave her brothers a glare and continued her conversation while mentally grinding.

"Those were my brothers anyway yeah I'm back in Manila... Listen I need a place to stay tonight..." Leila was once again stopped.

"Leila Ivy who is that guy?" Ivan demands in full authority.

"Really?!... Yeah of course! We sure have lots of fun tonight! See you babe!" Leila ended the call happily.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ian held Leila's hand who was about to grab her Hermes bag.

"To sleep with Kris I'll just pick up my luggage tomorrow since I have stuff on Kris place." Leila will surely make her brothers kill Kris.

"WHAT?!" Ivan and Ian started to panic as if it's the end of the world.

"Since when did you live with that guy?" Ian folded his arms.

"For a while now." Leila smiled sweetly.

"What is this guy's full name?" Ivan is now planning to have the fucktard search in the whole Philippines if he has to.

"Not giving you anything or you'll have Kris investigated again." Leila declined.

"How sure are you that guy is even serious with you? What kind of a man he is if he doesn't have any guts to even face us huh?" Ian's face is now red.

"Maybe because I don't want to." Leila shrugged.

"Break him up or I'll break his face!" Ivan warned his sister.

"I can't do that I love Kris with all my heart!" Leila kept her face serious but inside she was really rejoicing seeing how easily can rile up her brothers.

"You are going to comply with me or I swear that guy will be dead first thing in the morning." Ivan veins are almost popping out of his system.

"No, I'm leaving now." Leila stood up.

"You will not go out that door especially spending a night with a guy that we don't even know!" Ivan blocks the door.

"Kris is already expecting me I gotta go." Leila tried to act some more.

"Go to my room NOW! You will stay there until your next photoshoot or you will not go to any of it don't test me Leila Ivy!" Ivan barked totally pissed.

"Fine! Let me call Kris first but promised me both of you will be less protective, allowed me to go without bodyguards and lastly you will not hold any of my credit cards and I will stil have my 25% shares." Leila really did outnumber them.

"Deal!" Both Ivan and Ian agreed like a thunderbolt.

"Good now let me changed and we can sleep all together. Oh FYI! Kris is Kristine, my straight woman friend." Leila ran as fast as she can inside Ivan's bedroom.

"WHAT?!" Both guys yelled dumbfounded.

"Payback brothers! Love you both!!" Leila yelled through Ivan's door.

"Did she just out smart us?" Ivan recovered from there shock after a minute.

"That sneaky girl." Ian keeps on shaking his head.

Leila did a fist bumped in the air because she knew that it will work on her brothers. After she had her shower she went out of the room to find both of her brothers sleeping. Ivan is on the couch that is now placed by the door making sure Leila has no means of going out. Ian on the other hand is holding her phone and wallet and sleeping on the other couch. Leila then went back to the bedroom after planting a kiss on her brothers cheeks.

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 38K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...
1.7M 71.9K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
79.5K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
3.1M 99.5K 44
Arranged marriage, it doesn't occur as much in this modern society. Or so people think. In reality, it would shock you how high the numbers are...