Enchanted

By ruani_writes

She was lost and so was he. Who knew that two broken hearts can connect to one. Arabella's world has been ri... More

✨Introduction✨
✨Character List✨
Prologue
01| Finally,
03| Get your hands off my girl
04| God, those eyes
05| You're my sisters
06| Two butterflies
07| Why can't he see me for once
08| You are my future
09| I need you
10| Christina Rogers
11| Can I be your boyfriend?
12| That godawful contract
✨On Hold✨
13| I'm fucking crazy about you
14| I did it for you
15| Meet soon, Alexei
16| Show you how thankful I am
17| I'm ready, Dominic
18| I love him!
19| Locked, darling
20| My real wife
21| Lift your hips, amor
22| So much blood
23| I don't love you anymore
24| I hate the way I don't hate you
25| A fucking whore
26| I'll kneel for you again
27| I can't live without them
28| I'm sorry for lying
29| When's your act going to fall, pretty boy?
30| I'm not leaving without Dominic
31| Bad people aren't born
✨Threequel✨

02| A lock.

4.1K 123 28
By ruani_writes

"You motherfucking bitch," Leon rages, leaping from the ledge and lunging at the knife in my grasp. He screams as I slash it upwards, a wound running up his eye. I'm aware that more guards are on their way here, so I stalk forward as he keeps his gaze fixed on the ground. He doesn't notice me and I smirk. I lift the knife and, without a second's hesitation, let it fly, slashing across his neck. Red seeps from the cut as the ridges of its material drive deeper into his flesh. As he lets forth a painful bellow, blood drops forcefully to the ground.

It seemed as if I could hear his heartbeat slowing down faster and faster in my ears. When he collapses to the ground just as the door slams open, the beats are nearly non-existent. Even still, I continue to hear it. I let a delighted grin creep across my face as the taps rang in my head. As the beats halt, my inner joker comes out, and I can't disguise the joy on my face.

The guard who was monitoring his pulse let go of his body, swiveling his head around to see me smile. As he stands to his full height, almost as tall as Leon, his eyes narrow. Or, at least how tall Leon was. 

I start counting the numbers in my head as he raises his hand in the air.

1...

2...

3...

4...

5...

A bullet pierces the air before his hand can even touch me, though there is no sound. Except for a slight gasp as he falls to the ground with a bullet in his head, the guard says nothing. Slowly, heads turn to Nicholas, and I grin as they appear to be about to piss their pants.

It was actually quite simple. Nicholas enjoys running this place in a specific sequence. It's as if he has a detailed list of what he needs to do at any given time. As a result, I had to wait. I waited for several days and nights, attempting to put together his routine. And I did, despite the fact that it had been 382 days.

It's taken this long, but I'll be out of here shortly. Just a bit more patience to get through the next few days.

If Nicholas' flight arrives at 3 p.m. and it's a 17-minute drive from there to here, he'll arrive at 3:17 p.m. During that 17-minute period, he would receive a call from security alerting him to a problem with me. As a result, he'll rev up the engine and arrive in half the time, at 3:08. Even if he races downstairs, getting here at 3:11 will take at least 3 minutes. 

This means I'd have to complete my strategy by 3:11. And, as the two guards laying in the corner can attest, that the plan did fully work.

"Unless I say so, no one touches her." Nicholas clenches his teeth, his keen gaze falling on the rest of the guards, who all nod. "Clean up this mess. Arabella will be transferred to a new cell." He orders a couple guards to go out and get cleaning equipment, while two others stand on each side of me, pinning my arms as they pull me away.

I keep my eyes plastered forward as we walk not giving a single glance at the glaring Nicolas. They move to enter the first cell that comes into view but I pull further.

"Nicholas told me to never go in there. Apparently there's dead carcasses or something." I shrug. It was an obvious lie but the two newbies seem to be idiots who buy my act. They lead me to the second cell and I have to swallow to shout of ecstasy that threatens to leave me. They leave without another word locking the door behind them and I hide myself further into the dark. Just a little longer. And I'll be home.

~~~

3am. That was one of those instances while I was growing up that I was taught to be afraid of. They say creatures would be lurking out there waiting to snare you at that hour. Or at least, that's what happened in every horror film I've seen. I recall seeing my first horror movie when I was six years old. I was probably too young, which is why I did it behind people's backs. I enjoyed the film's suspense. My favorite genre was horror.

Imagine my surprise when I realized how ridiculous that was. When Lilith delivered me to Nicholas when I was nine, I learned for the first time that actual monsters were ordinary people. It had been him who had been mine.

Every person has an inner demon. Some choose to conceal it, while others want to embrace it. Though it sucks to be on the other side of the knife when a person lets their darkness be their only trait. Gone is the human that used to be, and in its place stands the filthy monster I was forced to serve as a sacrifice to.

But only for a short time. I'll be the monster this time. I'm getting out of here, and next time I'll remember to embrace my darkness every now and again. Because that's what I forgot last time, and as the previous year has demonstrated, I'm the one who bears the brunt of the consequences.

As I trace my fingertips over the margins of the wall in the dark corner, no light can be seen. My fingertips dig into the wall as I bend down into a crouching position. My nails scratch against the concrete, yet that doesn't bother me. My heart thumps wildly in my chest when I suddenly feel the latch. Excitement. Happiness. Joy. I was nearly there.

I pull hard yet it doesn't budge.

"No, no, no," I mutter frightened as I drag my full weight back to open it. This must be opened. It is the only option. Last time I came through here, I saw the guard go. He had yanked the latch open and it had opened without the use of a fuse. He was gone in a flash. But why isn't it working right now? Why won't it let me in?

Tears well up in my eyes, and my body trembles. I hear the ping of metal hitting the wall as my elbow hits the door. And in the blink of a second I finally understood. My trembling palm reaches forward to grab the dangling item from the entrance.

A lock. There was a lock. A lock. A lock. A lock.

My whole body is a quivering wreck as I tumble to the ground, and it feels as if my life has just disintegrated in front of my eyes. I was so far away. I can't leave. He made sure of it. He knew. He fucking knew.

"My my," My lips shake as I hear a chilling voice from behind me. "I'm amazed you didn't notice sooner that I'd never leave anything unlocked with you so close by." He steps forward, closer to my form, as he opens the cell. I pull myself up against the wall, curling in on myself.

"Actually, that one day that it was open, I did enjoy it. Maybe it's because I knew you'd notice." I stiffen as he points out. "Perhaps it was because I enjoyed seeing you get so worked up about something that, once again, only I had control over what occurs next. I must say, this game you enjoy playing is pretty entertaining." Suddenly, he grabs my head and pulls it up to face him. Nicholas crouches to bend over me with a sickeningly sweet look on his face. "However, it does become tiresome. And I've had enough of waiting."

I hear the click of the cuffs connecting my wrists as he grips them. I wiggle my way out of the bindings, but he only chuckles gleefully.

"Wait a minute, dear. I know you're eager to feel me in you again, but first let me get us to a bed. I need to fuck that little cunt of yours once more." It has come to an end. It was over. For a year, I had been able to escape this reality. For a full year, I remained hidden just so I don't have to feel this again.

It hurt. It burned. I can't even describe the indescribable pain of being ripped into two. I don't want it. Please.

"Please don't hurt me. Please. I'm begging you." I'm crying now. Sobbing continuously. I just need him to be happy. "I'll be good. I'll never try to leave again. I promise. I'm yours. Please just don't do this."

Please.

"We got a signal on her. We think we know where she is."

Authors Note

Ahhhh I got in an update for you guys!

I know it's not very long and is probably much shorter then what you were hoping for but the next chapter will be much better. I just needed to write this chapter to lead to the next one and I'm so excited to get that done soon so I can get it for you guys as soon as possible.

See you soon baes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 61K 44
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 2 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. O...
2.2M 82.6K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
7.8K 299 32
[Started Writing : 3rd August, 2023] "What do you want from me Alex? I gave you what you wanted. Now what else do you want?" I whispered when he won'...
110K 3.4K 55
Fifteen year old Alexandra Amoretto Decides to run around the city, Causing trouble with a random boy she met on the bus after being abandoned by her...