Shred Of Hearts [COMPLETED]

By darkest112

"Bold of you to assume you're worthy enough to occupy my thoughts." _______ Ciane has always been an outcast... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41: Epilogue

Chapter 21

3.7K 118 17
By darkest112

Ciane

"You're good at this now." Christian complimented as I left the training field, him in tow.

Being friends with him had proved to be really beneficial because I could actually bring it up everytime we sparred or any time I felt like getting something from him, which wasn't much but was worth it. I could tell it was starting to irritate him very much.

"Why thankyou, friend." I give him a toothy smile.

"Why did I agree to this friendship thing." He grumbles rubbing his forehead.

"Hey, no need to be so mad about it." I roll my eyes, glaring at him.

"So, what should we do?" I smile.

"What do you want to do?"

"Maybe we should watch a movie."

"No." He grits, his eyes growing cold.

"Why not?" I glare, folding my arms across my chest.

"I'm not going to sit with you and watch some romantic movies." He growls.

"Jeez, bold of you to assume we were going to watch romance." I roll my eyes once again. "We are going to watch horror, now come on."

"Which one?" He mumbles, trailing behind me, his voice barely even audible.

"Texas Chainsaw massacre." I murmur. I had watched it a while back and it was just very creepy to be honest.

"That's not scary."

I gape at him.

"Of course you'd say that. Your life itself is a real life horror." I point out and receive a heated glare from the man.

He grunts as we walk into the house.

Many minutes later I was glaring at the tv trying to make all the gory details disappear. I hate horror movies, I realize too late.

A squeal escapes my lips when the raving chainsaw roars in the room.

"Stop screaming." Christian grunts shooting me a disappointed look.

"Why aren't you scared or even reacting to this?" I glare.

"Because it's not scary." His voice neutral and bare of any emotion, "Now shut up."

"Jeez," I mumble, sighing and shutting my eyes off for a second and regretting it instantly when I open them and cringe when I see someone's head detach from their body.

Two hours later, I'm already shivering, glaring at Christian who has a smug and an amused expression on his face.

"I though you loved horror movies." His lips tilt up barely as he stares at me, his jagged scar making him more appealing  for some reason.

"I did not say I love horror movies." I grumble, evading my eyes from his.

"Okay whatever." He murmurs walking away from me.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask my eyes following his form.

"Away from you."

"But we're friends now. You're not supposed to just ignore your friends when they want to spend time with you." I explain and he halts. I hear him let out a curse and a sigh escapes his lips.

"What now? Wasn't the movie enough for you, friend?" He grits.

Confidently, I answer him without any hesitation, "No, I still want to know you,"

"What do you want now?" He looked rather irritated as he walked back towards me.

"Let's play 20 questions." I expected him to stare at me blankly and ask what that means instead he sighs and walks over back to the couch.

"And if there's a question you don't feel comfortable answering you can just say "pass" or something." I mumble, occupying the spot next to him.

"Get on with it,"

"Okay, so what's your full name?"

"Christian Blake Knight."

He stays quite. I raise a brow and he stares at me in confusion.

"Dude, it's your turn to ask me a question." I explain and he sighs.  I can tell I'm forcing all these on him.

"What's your full name?"

"Glad you asked, I'm Ciane Holden."

"Your middle name?"

"It's my turn." Not telling anyone my middle name.

"Where do you get all the food supply and all other things in this mansion in the middle of nowhere."

"Sometimes it's delivered or I buy everything. Usually I go out on a Saturday."

"How do you get there and why don't I see you leave?"

"There's a mall a few miles from here and we didn't talk before this." He grumbles, looking rather bored.

"When's your birthday?" He asks.

"20th November." I smile.

"Okay, my turn. What's your favorite color?"

It's black like his soul.

"Green."

"Wow, thought you'd say black you know-"

"Like my soul, I get it." Christian grumbles as he rolls his eyes and I gape at him. He rolled his eyes.

We stay quite for a while. My eyes meet his and for the first time, they don't look cold, emotionless or empty. The eyes I am so used to. I could feel him studying my face, his eyes trailing the scar almost identical to his that occupy the side of my face. I always felt it looked rather disgusting back then but now, I was starting to love it honestly. It shows how strong I actually am. I already knew his question before he even asked though and I don't know if I was ready to explain it or even tell him.

"How did you get the scar?" His voice came out as a whisper.

All at once, they come back. All the times Exus hit me, tortured me for his own sick twisted pleasure, the time he let his sister do the same. All the time he ridiculed me, called me names, hurt me, beat me up. I could vividly recall as he carved my face with a silver knife, knowing full well it would not heal no matter what. And in a twisted way, he turned out to be my mate. A mate I had never really truly desired but couldn't avoid. I avert my eyes from his glaring at the marble table.

"You don't have to answer it." His voice snaps me back to reality and I quick sigh leaves my lips.

"Exus."

"Why?" He asks, almost instantly.

Why is a good question. Why though? Why had Exus found pleasure in hurting me, in making me suffer. I could not understand why and I never bothered to know.

"No, it's my turn now," I smirk,

"Fine."

"Which pack are you from?" I ask.

His eyes however turn dark at the mention of that. I could see his fist clench tightly, a distant look flooding his eyes. I didn't think the mention of his pack would make him mad. I couldn't comprehend how or why. It didn't make sense. Maybe he is a rogue?

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I remind him.

"No." He says, his eyes looking empty, haunted and just some how full of raw pain. He however, continues even though he didn't look willing or ready to talk. "My pack is Night Star Pack."

It took only a second for what he said to register in my brain.

No. It cannot be true. That isn't right.

It couldn't be though. How was that possible?

I stare, wondering if he's actually joking. How could it be. I couldn't understand how.

I left this hanging but that's as far as I could go :)

And if their conversation is kinda awkward it's because I'm an awkward person myself and I have 0 male friends and I honestly have no idea how they interact with each other😅

Why do you think Ciane is shocked?

What are your thoughts on the two?

How do you all feel about;

1. Ciane
2. Christian
3. Exus
4. Anabelle

Leave your comments! I'll be so happy to know what you think :)

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 13.3K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...
193K 4.6K 61
Delving into the narrative of an Omega's anguish and the downfall of a Trueblood. Alice once embraced the notion that having a mate was a sublime exp...
145K 3.8K 36
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...
17.5K 518 32
Dawn was a young girl when she was ripped apart from her family. She was kept in an awful place for over nine years, being a test subject to humans...