Stay (Wild Creek Ranch Series...

By Rituparnadarolia

When nineteen year old Ryder Wilson met the sweet seventeen year old Anastasia Farrell, he knew that he wante... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

90 7 0
By Rituparnadarolia

Anastasia dashed into Rihanna’s room, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Rihanna gave her a look, her swollen lips were enough to make her realize what was going on. She glanced at Anastasia’s simple floral lemon yellow sun dress. 

“Ana, why don’t you change into something gorgeous for the party?” She asked her. Anastasia smiled at her and shook her head. She didn’t possess anything gorgeous apart from the dresses Ryder had chosen for her before. But they had gone for dry cleaning and she didn’t have much time to buy something else. 

“It’s okay, Rihanna. Who’ll notice me anyway?” she said with a shrug. Rihanna scoffed at her words and walked over to her closet. She took out an emerald green, smooth, figure hugging, full sleeved, V-necked velvet gown with a slit at the side. Returning with it, she handed it out to Anastasia. 

“I bought this a few years ago when I was as slim as you. I only wore it once and I outgrew it. You can try it on, I’m sure Ryder would be whipped after seeing you, if he isn’t already,” chuckled Rihanna. Anastasia blushed to the roots of her hair but nevertheless took the dress from her hands. 

“Thanks a lot, Rihanna,” she said, rushing towards Rihanna’s washroom to change. The moment she put on the dress and looked into the mirror at her reflection, she was stunned to see herself. She looked so different in this dress. It fitted her perfectly and made her look nothing less than a diva. Would Ryder like her in this? Would he be whipped seeing her just as Rihanna had said he would be? Blushing more, she emerged from the washroom. 

“I knew your look gorgeous in this dress. It matches the color of your eyes,” said Rihanna, looking quite satisfied with herself.  “Brush your hair and fix this emerald stone clutch,” said Rihanna, handing her the accessory. 

“Thank you Rihanna,” said Anastasia shyly. Rihanna handed her a burgundy lipstick. 

“Wow, I love this lipstick. I’m using one for the first time,” gasped Anastasia.

“You can keep that, girl. It’s brand new. Get the killer look and torture someone tonight,” said Rihanna with a laugh. 

“Thanks Rihanna. You’re a dear,” said Anastasia, giving her a hug. She might be Renée’s cousin but somehow Anastasia felt quite close to her. As if she was her own sister! 

Afterward, they walked over to the venue where everyone was busy with the preparations for the party. No one had any time to sit down and chat. The party was to be held at the empty barn at the back of the house where they usually hosted their events. The place had already been cleaned and decorated beautifully with string lights, lanterns and balloons. Adequate seating arrangements had been made around the huge table which could seat around fifty people. The food had been ordered from Hannah's Kitchen, a reliable restaurant in the marketplace of Fordsville which delivered delicious food at a short notice. 

With only an hour to go for the party to start, a worried Anastasia went into Renée's room to check out what was taking her so long. To her surprise, Renée just sat dazed on a stool, lost in her own thoughts. 

"What happened? I saw Sawyer storming out of your room as if a tornado was chasing him," said Anastasia, standing by her. Renée looked up at her, coming out of her trance hearing Sawyer's name.

"Nothing much. He took my lipstick away," she shrugged disappointedly.

"Did he kiss you?" Asked Anastasia suspiciously. Renée blushed and shook her head.

"Almost but then you know how good he is at controlling himself," she said, getting up. 

"Hmm, well, do you need lipstick? I have a burgundy one, matt finish. It'll drive him insane, " winked Anastasia, handing her the lipstick Rihanna gave her. Renée nodded, her eyes twinkling with excitement. Anastasia opened her handbag and handed her a burgundy lipstick. It matched Renée’s dress perfectly and she applied it perfectly and pouted her lips to blow a dramatic kiss. Anastasia giggled. "If I would have been a man, I would have married you tonight. You're looking sinfully gorgeous, girl, " she said. 

"You're no less," said Renée, admiring her emerald green dress. “Weren’t you wearing a yellow dress?” she asked. 

“Yeah, Rihanna forced me to change into this,” said Anastasia. 

“It suits you. You’re looking so beautiful, girl. I really  ant believe it’s you. I actually did a double take when I saw you,” gushed Renée. 

"I know. I've already received my first kiss before changing into this though," said Anastasia as Renée closed her ears.

"Please don't tell me the details of my brother and you. It feels weird," she complained. Anastasia laughed and pulled her along with her outside the room. "Let's go before they finish the appetizers," she said, pulling her all the more. They reached the venue and saw that most of the guests had already arrived. 

"Who are you girls planning to kill with your looks?" Asked Rihanna knowingly as they walked together towards the buffet table. Both looked at her innocently.

"No one," they chorused, shyly. Rihanna laughed, noting two hungry looking boys watching their objects of desire from two different corners of the room. Anastasia was acutely aware of Ryder’s jaw dropped gaze the moment she entered the place. Her cheeks flushed with color at the memory of the kiss that she shared with him an hour ago. Ever since, she had been avoiding him. She had no idea how she would face him. What would she say to him if she came face to face with him? Would he kiss her again?

“Enjoy the food then. I've eaten. I'll go and see the guests," said Rihanna, walking away towards a group of women laughing away. Her mom, aunt's, granny and all their friends were having a time off from work and enjoying their drinks together. Rihanna joined them to catch up with the gossip. Renée and Anastasia were on their way towards the drinks area when Renée’s mom called them Sighing, Renée walked up to their group. Anastasia was about to join them when Ryder caught her hand and pulled her away with him. Everyone else at the party was so busy that no one noticed them. 

“Blue, stop,” she whispered but he turned a deaf ear to her pleas. 

“I’m not going anywhere with you, Blue,” she said finally. Ryder glanced back at her, his eyes dark and hooded. 

“I can carry you then,” said Ryder, making her eyes go wide with apprehension. She looked around the place that he had brought her. They had arrived at the back of the barn where a small stream of the Bearhead Creek meandered through the trees and bushes. It was a secluded place and Anastasia’s eyes widened at the implication. Why had Ryder brought her here? Did he want to resume where they had left off? She could hear the sounds of loud laughter, music from the party going on. Ryder led her to a big boulder and released her hand. He leaned against the boulder just beside her, staring at the creek right in front of them.

Anastasia turned to look at him. “Why are we here, Blue?” she asked him curiously,  her heart hammering loudly in her chest. 

“I wanted to spend a quiet moment with you, Annie. Please give me a minute,” he begged, his voice heavy with emotions. Anastasia didn’t know what to think of his request. So she just stood quietly beside him. Ryder picked up her hand and started stroking it absent-mindedly. Anastasia wondered what was going on in his mind. 

“You didn’t tell me how I’m looking, Blue?” she asked at last, unable to control her curiosity. He seemed to be in a strange mood and she had no idea what he wanted right now. Ryder glanced at her at last. After the kiss, something had changed inside him. He realized that he didn’t want this thing that he shared with Anastasia to end. He wanted to be with her forever. He had no idea why he felt this way for her. He had never felt this way for any other girl in his entire nineteen years of life! All his life, he had slept around, played around but never gave a second thought to anyone. What changed now? How can such an innocent kiss make him lose his senses over a girl? It seriously got him thinking. It seriously got him worried! 

“You’ll look good even in a sack. So obviously I had to whisk you away when you’re looking this enticing,” he shrugged, making Anastasia’s jaws drop with surprise. 

“You whisked me away from whom?” she asked with curiosity. “All your brothers have their own love interests,” Anastasia pointed out. Ryder gave her a look of disbelief. 

“You have no idea, right. Matt’s brother, Mark was staring at you like he would devour you anytime. Ryan’s best friend was also ogling at you. Then our manager, Derek Smith was smitten with you not to mention Rex’s best friend, Blake Davis. Anastasia gave him a look of disbelief. 

“You’re joking right? I didn’t see anyone looking at me,” she said innocently. 

“They were! I won’t allow it at all. You belong only to me!” said Ryder slowly, his eyes gazing into hers. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 5.9K 42
At just 17, Blair and Cody were high school sweethearts with big dreams. They were both headed to university on athletic scholarships when a positive...
15.5K 1K 38
All Ryder's life, he loved two girls with all his heart, mind, and soul. He cared about them so much that he would give the shirt off his back, if th...
824K 22.9K 30
Emma: shy, traumatized, and an ex-wild child. Duke: violent, abusive, and out for revenge. Ryder: sarcastic, sexy, and champion MMA fighter. Emma is...
42.3K 1.6K 37
"I saw that you were perfect and I loved you, then I saw you were not perfect and I loved you even more. " I said to him crying. He said "I hate you...