Unwillingly Together (BWWM)

By celestiawritesss

It was nothing but a business deal from the beginning. The deal was sealed when Aminata was 8 years old and... More

⚠️WARNING⚠️
Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
New story in the making.
22
23
24

5

1.1K 43 9
By celestiawritesss

The drive is silent.

We are in the back seat sitting side by side but both looking out two separate windows. He hasn't uttered a word and I sure as hell won't either. But this silence is killing me and making me feel hot and sweaty.

It's not a comfortable silence. It's an awkward silence, as if we are both aware that neither of us will say anything or initiate conversation. Regardless of whether i wanted to go on this date or not, i don't want it to be like this the whole night because i know it'll be one long night.

I kind of had a feeling it would be like this. doubt he would be talking, laughing and smiling with me throughout this night. I have to keep in mind that we hardly know each other and every bit of interactions we have with one another is not nor has it ever been by choice.

The car comes to a stop and the restaurant comes into view. It's gorgeous and beautifully lit up, shining brightly through the night. People who I assume are couples walk in and out looking like they've enjoyed themselves. Smiling widely and walking hand in hand.

Good for them.

Xavier opens my door from outside and sticks his hand out asking for mine. I didn't even realize he had got out in the first place. I give him my hand cautiously, stepping out and begin walking with him. We receive some attention but i don't mind it as it isn't something new.

The daughter and son of two of the most famous business men in the country out at a fancy restaurant together. It'd be surprising if we didn't get attention.

We walk in and right off the bat, some employee smiles at us immediately leading us to a table that says reserved. Again proving my point that this had been planned way before I even knew about it.

We take our seats and I take a quick second to look around the restaurant as it looks even more beautiful on the inside than it does outside. The interior design of this place is truly amazing.

"Can I start you guys off with some drinks?", the waiter asks.

Xavier looks at me, signifying that I should go first.

What a gentleman.

"I'll just do lemon water for now please."

I've had a lifelong obsession with lemon water. It just tastes right to me. Xavier orders himself some red wine and asks for the bottle to be left here. I hope he doesn't plan on getting drunk tonight because it is not on my agenda to chaperone or babysit a drunk, grown man at all.

The waiter leaves and we are back in silence again with the background noise of the restaurant chatter and utensils clinking against one another. For the love of god, can he talk? I mean I could easily start up a conversation but i'd rather him do it.

I know I have an emotionless look on my face and probably look like I don't want to talk but he should still try.

I sigh and look over to my right making eye contact with a baby in a stroller. She's so cute with her big, doe eyes and frilly hair. She cracks a smile at me while cooing and I smile back softly. I love babies in their blob phase.

"You like kids?"

That strong, deep voice takes my attention away from the baby and onto him. He finally said something but it wasn't when I wanted him too.

oh well.

I look at him to see his eyes on mine waiting for my answer. He has a pretty relaxed and neutral expression on his face making it kind of hard to read him at this moment.

"Yea, mainly babies before they can walk. They're like cute little live blobs." I explained.

He nods in understanding and looks at the little girl who is now dozing off. I consider this a weird bonding moment to have with him as we just admire someone else's child. I don't really imagine us having children. I don't even imagine us having sex given the fact that we've known each other probably a grand total of forty five minutes.

I look at him and see he's already staring at me. At this point, I do believe he has a staring problem.

"Anyone ever tell you it's rude to stare?", I ask while looking away and fiddling with my bracelets.

"Not when you're staring in admiration", he calmly says, making me look back up at him and raising an eyebrow. His eyes are shining with admiration and he's admiring god knows what. I'm not even gonna ask. I look away and adjust myself in my seat causing him to smirk.

The hell is he smirking for?

My attention is turned back to the waiter as they set our drinks and meal on the table then taking their leave. I have a nicely cooked seafood pasta with shrimp and lobster bits. Xavier has the classic meal every dude gets when they come out to fancy restaurants to the point where it's predictable;

Steak.

For the next fifteen minutes, my attention is solely on this food and nothing else. I'm hungry , I want to eat and best believe I'm going to clear this plate. Of course cleanly and with table manners. I'm not an animal.

I haven't been out to eat in so long. I'm so used to the maids cooking and don't get me wrong, they are amazing but having something outside of that after such a long time has my heart accelerating in happiness.

" I see you're enjoying your food.", he says. I look up and he's chewing while staring at me. I dab my mouth softly with the napkin and set it back in my lap.

" Yeah, this seafood pasta is amazing. I've never had anything like it."

" Well that's good to know. I'll have to try it next time we come here." he says going back to his dish.

Next time?

I simply nod and dig back in finishing off what was left.

Our plates are now cleared and we've been indulging in small talk. He's spoken on the things his father makes him work on and goes into detail on future plans and branching out on the company. He speaks very passionately about it when he handles it on his own but he gets dull as he mentions his father.

That's understandable.

"What are you into?"he asks, holding eye contact.

Whew, he is fine.

Don't fold girl. Be strong.

" I am completely in love with art and reading. Art has been my thing for as long as I can remember all the way from drawing on a sketchbook to painting on a canvas. Along with reading. I've always been a reader since forever. Books are a mental escape for me and they have been that since I was young." I confess.

Why I'm slightly opening up to him is beyond me but I just have a feeling that he understands and by the look on his face, he does.

He nods with a small smile and looks at his watch.

"Ready to go?"

This night that I've been dreading for days is finally over even though it wasn't as bad as i mentally made it out to be. Xavier's not that bad. From what i've seen tonight at least.

I'm glad it went way better than I expected and he put forward an effort into making this night not so bad. Talking to him was actually pretty nice. I still have my guard up against him as he is still a stranger to me and people don't really show their true colors in the beginning. I just hope the night was good for him the same way that it was for me.

"yup , ready."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.4K 39
Astrea Genssea is a 17 year old girl who is known as the schools badass. What happens when she goes on vacation and meets a guy she takes interest to...
323K 6.5K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
1.8K 51 21
A poor girl who leaves her country to go abroad for her higher studies.Leaving her family to make her own life. Gets trapped by the mafia. A person w...
353K 8.7K 54
The CEO and The Babysitter My office door opens and I get hit with a nice vanilla scent. I look up and see a beautiful young lady looking me over. "...