They call her, Red || Zigzag

By MaraDraugr3710

Camp Green Lake's D-tent gets some new members and one of them is a girl! More

Welcome to Camp Green Lake
Time to Meet the Boys
So, What Ya in For?
Time to Go to Work
They Set Me Up!
Making Friends Already
Neanderthal to Caveman
Therapy Session
Keith Berenger?
She Can't Be That Bad, Right?
Paranoid Showers
The Warden is Crazy!
Wasn't Expecting That
Eat The Cookie
Excuse Me?
Meet The New Kid
Who Knew Caveman Could Drive? Short Distances Anyways..
I Can Defend Myself
Let There Be Rain
I Found You

To Sploosh!

5.1K 81 35
By MaraDraugr3710

        I screamed as Magnet shoved me down the slide and into the pool, him soon crashing into the water beside me.
"You're dead boy!" I laughed shoving him down under the water. I screamed out as I was suddenly picked up and thrown away, landing somewhere else in the water. I slowly raised to the surface of the water with a less than impress look, the others nearby laughing at me. Squid laughing hysterically with an arm around Magnet, Zigzag beside them with his hands up in defense.

"Don't look at me darlin', wasn' me." I narrowed my eyes at Squid, trying not to look at Caveman as he walked up behind the three.
"You want war, you'll get war boy." I warned playfully. He scoffed laughed at me, me now seeing Caveman behind them with a water gun. Sneaking stealthily behind them.
"What you gonn' do Red?" I smiled at them innocently as Caveman started shooting them with the water gun, me going under the water as they turned around at Caveman.
"Ay! Ay, where she go?!" Magnet yells out frantically.
"She set a trap!" I grabbed Squid's ankle from under water, causing him to turn around. I rushed up out of the water, throwing myself at him as I tackled him down in the water.
"Oh damn she's like a water ninja." I swam up the the surface, trying not to laugh out at Magnet's joke and choke on water.

       We had been able to find Caveman, Zero too! The guy on the business card actually helped Armpit when he called. Armpit had some explaining to do, that we were all from the same tent, that he had gotten his card from me when we met up at the park. Though.. Armpit did a little too much explaining. He went full story mode on the guy. Explained that we all have nicknames that we go by, so the guy should call me Red, not Lillian whatever. Explained how we promised each other to still be friends once we left the camp. How we said we'd meet up once we got out, at the park, but of course Zigzag and I were here because my sister had practically run me out of the house. Since we had all met up, we wanted to find Caveman because he was in our tent as well. Yeah he said alot to the guy. However the guy found me, at the park that I had been staying at, and said he wanted to talk.

      First he asked why I was staying at the park instead of being home. I explained my situation, and then be proceeded to tell me why I couldn't stay there. I tried explaining our plans to get a place together, some of us at D-tent Zigzag, Squid and I, since the other's were at home in good conditions, and wanted to reform the connections with their parents. He then told me that some of us, okay so Squid and I were too young to live on our own just yet. However he said since we were trying to do better, and given under the circumstances he could arrange something. He said he normally doesn't do this but because we were 'setting a good example' he would hate to separate us, plus risk us resort to our old ways, he'd help us get a place. Him and some others 'at the office' would help. Of course there were terms and conditions. It had to be once we all got jobs, we pay rent on time every time, and we stay out of trouble. We've done good so far staying out of trouble, okay so big trouble. We're young leave us alone! We each went and got jobs, nothing top grade but it's a start. We actually all work at the same place, baggers and cart pushers the the mini-mart a few blocks away. We meet the guy for coffee, or soda for some of the others don't drink it like Armpit and Twitch, every two weeks. He makes sure we're doing good and not getting into trouble. Making sure we also keep seeing our councilors like we were mandated too, every week.

     The place isn't fancy but it's what we call home now. Squid got his own room, as did Zigzag and I. One bathroom sadly, and I say that with a cringe face. There's even a laundry room in the building too. The guys come over alot, but we usually rotate to where we go. We usually just go back here since there's no adults. Speaking of fancy, you should see Zero's and Caveman's new place! I guess we were digging to find some old buried treasure, Kissin' Kate Barlow had hidden years ago! The whole character building was a scheme, which I knew it was but I wasn't expecting there to be treasured buried out in the middle of no where! The treasure that they found, actually ended up being a relatives of Stanley's. His great-grandfather.

     Today we were at Caveman's house, I guess his father had made a special foot spray that 'cures' foot odor. Peaches and onions. Hense why we're in a pool, we're waiting for the commercial to air later on. Right now was play time. We missed being young.

        We sat on the side of the pool, feet in the pool. The adults inside getting more drinks and food. Setting up the living room for laters commercial break. Nothing breakable was in the way when we went running. I looked up at the sky, watching a bird fly by. Did I even see a bird when I was at Camp Green Lake? I looked at everyone, Zero on one side of me and X-Ray on the other.
"Man.. it feels like it was just yesterday Caveman and Red showed up." X-Ray joked. I chuckled out looking over at Caveman.
"He was such a scared little boy. Now look at our boy, all grown up." I teased.
"Well sorry not all of us are scary like you, Red." I kicked some water at him, getting Magnet instead.
"Hey! What did I do?!" I laughed out, hands covering my mouth in a lame attempt to hide it.
"Boy, you done plenty at camp. Making me give you my food, teasing me... What didn't you do?- Blocking me in the shower!" He laughed, as the others chuckled.
"The shower was Squid's idea!"
"Don't throw me under the bus!"
"Man and why did Magnet get your food anyways? And when you kept chasing him?" X-Ray asked beside me. I looked at Magnet, looking to Zigzag on the other side of him.
"I don't recall." I mumbled looking at a tree that suddenly looked interesting across the yard.
"I found out she liked Zigzag." I glared back at him, the others laughing but shocked at the same time.
"So wait, wait. You knew and you didn't tell us!? We had to wait til when Zigzag said something!?" I looked over at Squid with a plain look.
"I was hungry!" We laughed again at Magnet's reply.
"Yeah speaking of which, Caveman.." Zigzag said putting an arm around Caveman head pulling him closer, putting him in a head lock.
"You just had to open your mouth to Twitch?" Caveman laughed trying to pull of his grip.
"I figured you guys needed a little push."
"So you left it for the new kid!?"
"Hey I'm just glad, happy that I, uh got the warning before I tried gettin' with her you know?" Twitch joked. We laughed at this, knowing the kid didn't have a chance, since he was younger.
"Yeah, key word tried" Armpit laughed nudging X-Ray at the joke.
"..I almost miss camp." I said quietly after a few moments of silence.
"Man, I don't." Armpit jokes as it grows quiet again.

"You've got to and dig those holes
with broken hands and withered soles
emancipated from all you know.
You've got to to go and dig those holes." We all looked over at Zigzag, staring at him for a second before looking back and forth at each other. A surge of nostalgic energy running through us all.

"So we're singing?" Twitch asks. Reminding me of Caveman making a comment similar to the last time we sung.
"Y'all know nothing of this." X-Ray challenged.
"Watch me, watch me." Caveman challenged back.
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh"

"Two suits, two tokens in hand
I got no respect 'cause I'm the new man
Got my shovel
Shoes full of sand
Check out the tag, the name's Caveman!"
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)

Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh"

"Take a bad boy, make dig 5 five,
the dirt and these shovels will give us a beat,
okay you gotta find somethin' never found before,
if not, we'll just have to dig some more.
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na"
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh" I looked down at Zero beside me, dancing in my place. I nudged him, bumping sides with him, getting his attention. I smiled at him, trying to give him the hint.

"Your hands may blister,
your muscles stay sore,
you wanna break?
Knock on the Warden's door( UH huh, uh huh)" He sung with me.
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)" X-Ray and Caveman throwing shade at each other every so often.

"A-R-M-P-I to the T
What is that you smellin' dawg that's me
I don't take showers and I don't brush my teeth
That's all I do is dig holes, eat, and sleep."

"There is no lake
There is no shade
There is no place to hide
So just sit and wait to fry"

"You've got to go and dig those holes."

"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig uh oh oh(oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)"

"Take a a bad boy make him dig 5 five" X-Ray added
"Got my shovel, shoes full of sand." Caveman shouted.
"The dirt and these shovels will give us a beat." X-Ray added another.
"Check out the tag, the name's Caveman." Caveman topped.

"Wake up in the morning before the sun
Keep digging that hole til day is done." Zero singing with me again this time.

"You've got to go and dig those holes." I looked over at Zigzag, still not being able to get over his voice.
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)" We laughed each other, hearing some clapping behind us. We looked back, seeing the adults smiling at us. We looked back to each other, going back to joking and talking.
"Man I still can't believe we out guys."
"Feels weird getting out early."
"Man was fun watching them get arrested though!"
"HA! Marion.." We looked at Zigzag, laughing at him, remembering him calling Marion out on the name.
"Red must have been happy, mom was hit with the shovel AND arrested."
"And he said you wouldn't find that there." I laughed throwing an arm over Zero's shoulder's
"Thanks for that by the way Zero. Best sight of my life!" He looked at me smiling.
"I'm sorry I almost killed your boyfriend." He said a little too quickly.. and innocently. My head whipped away from the others looking at a tree.
"Man, you still get red? You two have been dating how long?"
"Shut up." I nudged X-Ray causing him to laugh at me.
"Come on, everybody! Out of the pool! It's showtime! Book it out!" Stanley's mother yelled running outside.
"Come on boys! Hurry! Hurry! It's on! It's on!" HIs father yelled after his mother, carrying a plate full of food. We started rushing out of the pool, making our way to the side door, as not to get everything wet from pool water.
"Sit down, sit down."

"To my fans, I"m known as Sweetfeet... But to my wife I was known as.."
"Stickyfeet. None of his teammares ever wanted to sit next to him in the dugout." Sweetfeets wife added.
"But that's all over now, thanks to Sploosh. I just spray a little on every morning.."
"And now he really does have sweetfeet." The commercial ended with them kissing. I felt Zigzag place an arm over my shoulder, smiling down at me when I looked up at him.
"Sploosh! Now available in the Sweetfeet collectible decanter. A product of K.B Industries."
"Plus I like the tingle." We all cheered, celebrating the success for Stanley's father's new line.
"Alright come and get it!" Everyone started rushing towards the food, hungry from the long wait. Zigzag stayed back with me, watching the others.
"I'm glad I got arrested." I joked to him.
"I'm glad you got arrested too." He laughed back.
"Told ya, we'd all stay together after." He nudges. I smiled, leaning against his chest.
"I love ya, Red." He says quietly.
"I love you too, Zigzag."
"Guys, let's go!"
"There's not gonna be any left soon!" I smiled looking up at Zigzag, him already looking at me. He leans down kissing me before we make our way inside.

"To Sploosh!"
"To Sploosh!"

Guys I now have a new Zig-Zag story up!! Check it out! It's called The Protector

Hope you guys enjoyed the story. Check out my other books too if your interested🫶🏼

If you like horror, check out my Pet Sematary love story.💀(THIS ONE. READ THIS ONE. The ending is so worth it!)

If you like Anime, you'll love the Nastu story I got going on. Or my Ginti story(Death Parade)✨

Oooor if you like Euphoria, maybe you'll like my Ashtray stories💎

You'll never know unless ya give it a try🤷🏻‍♀️ Thanks for reading👋🥰🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Cold By Lex O’Kennon

General Fiction

115 16 12
A child gets shattered. First, her mind. Then her heart. When her soul breaks, she becomes a shell. Lucifer, Lillian, and Three. Three fragments t...
437K 7.3K 44
"Kathlyn Barlow, the jury has found you guilty..." Kat Barlow is in trouble once and for all. The judge gives her two choices of her fate. Jail or my...
269 21 20
Due to the drowning of a 10 year old boy at Camp Crystal Lake, a group of teens start to worry that a curse has been brought to them when a slasher s...
364 1 8
It's not easy being a girl...and it's definitely not easy being a girl at an all boys camp.