The Forgotten Kansen That Has...

By Arizon37

There is a mysterious soldier that operates in the ghost town of Pripyat, inside the Chernobyl exclusion zone... More

Chapter 1: The Mysterious Soldier
Chapter 2: Double Attack
Chapter 3: Tea Party
Chapter 4: New Mission Orders
Chapter 5: Sakura Tree
Chapter 6: Savior
Chapter 7: Iron and Blood
Chapter 8: Duel and Truth
Chapter 9: Altered
Chapter 10: Aftermath
Chapter 11: Kraternyy (Crater)
Chapter 12: Omitter
Chapter 13: Anchorage
Chapter 14: Orochi
Chapter 15: Broken
Chapter 16: I return
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: The Hunt Begins
Chapter 19: Tester
Chapter 21: Antarctica Assault
Chapter 22: The Final Battle or Is It?

Chapter 20: Banshee and Tentacles

337 8 3
By Arizon37

September 18, 2023
15:10 (3:10 PM)
30 Km away from Point Charli
Pacific Ocean

Inside the Captain's quarters aboard BMCY Ukrayina. Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) washed all of the blood, flesh, char and whatever else caked his body as his hands pressed against the shower wall as he watched it all go down the drain. With that he changed back into a fresh combat uniform minus his jacket but wore a white T-shirt as he sat down at his desk with Dusk laying by his feet while setting down medical supplies along with a laptop. With Curacoa entering with a tray of tea and helping tend to his wounds.

"I can do it myself." He informed her as she worked away at his injuries.

"It's my duty to assist you in whatever way I can." Replied Curacoa as she cleaned the wound on his upper left arm and started stitching it. Along with tending to the cut on his cheek. With that she handed a cup of tea to the Colonel. "Here you look like you could use something."

"I'm always tired." Said the Colonel as took a sip of tea while signing into his laptop. "Could you bring over Lilly (Omitter)?"

"Certainly sir." She answered while bowing to him and then leaving the room.

With that he started to work on a BDA (Battle Damage Assignment) report while waiting for his meeting with the faction Commanders and base Commander to start.

"You called." Said Lilly (Omitter) as she entered the room along with Curacoa.

"Ya just have a seat and explain to the higher ups why I chose to exterminate Tester rather than take her prisoner or try to convince her to join our fight. As they will probably take it better if another siren were to explain it to them."  Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) instructed as he joined the meeting. As she took a set next to him, nodding her head as she happily drank her can of coke.

"What's the currency, sitrep Colonel?" Inquired Cdr. Crystal.

"Found Tester as well as her fleet and dealt with them accordingly. Since the subject refused to cooperate with us she was eliminated. As for the fleet, we are all alive though some may be shaken up as to how I operate." He informed them while taking a sip of his tea once finished.

"Is there a reason as to why you had to eliminate her?" Questioned Adm. Kat.

"This is not the first time we have met so she knew the proposition at hand and decided to go out with a bang like all the other times we have met. Besides, it was not actually her as I killed the real her long ago." Answered the Colonel in a calm manner as he drank his cup of tea. "Though what I did do is create a small window in eliminating a high value threat." He added before speaking in a cold tone. "Also it's my job to kill the enemy is it not?"

"Yes, that is your job." Answered Adm. Kat in a defeated tone.

"If you killed her, how is she back?!" Inquired Cdr. Fisher, pushing for more information.

"Dam yikhni nerozumni, yak kury bez holovy (Dam their clueless as chickens without heads)." He told himself while lighting a cigarette. "Lilly (Omitter) can you explain to them what sirens are capable of?" Asked, Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) as he finished the last of tea with Curacao refilling his tea cup and slightly open the door as he let a grey cloud escape his mouth.

"When a high ranking siren dies a clone is created in order to keep order and control. With some sirens having more than one body for testing purposes. Though just because they can be reincarnated doesn't mean they're the same as they are weaker than the original host but to the common ship girl or human it's still the same siren. The same could be said for the more common type of humanoid sirens as they are essentially copies of one another." She informed the Commanders as she opened a new can of coke and went on to enjoy it.

"To add on to what Lilly (Omitter) just said. The sirens rely on a command structure that revolves around order, control and stability. Which is maintained twenty four seven but if you were to start knocking off their high ranking members then that all crumbles like a house of cards with them frantically trying to fix that gap." He added while letting out a cloud of grey smoke and taking a sip of his tea. "Questions?"

"No, I think we're good, though do try not to establish fear into others and do try to bring at least some high ranking sirens back alive." Answered the Admiral.

"There are no rules to the game." Said the Colonel in a dark tone before leaving the meeting, downing what remind of his tea and letting his cig rest against an ashtray atop the desk. While he grabbed the rest of his equipment. "That will be everything for now you can leave Lilly (Omitter)."

------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile with the Commanders
-------------------------------------------------

"Can we trust him?" Questioned Cdr. Fisher who wasn't sure if they should continue to let him partake in the mission.

"He has more experience than all of his combined and it's his job to hunt down the enemy." Replied Cdr. Crystal, defending her boyfriend.

"He's the Commander of the 666th Division so I have faith in his skill." Said Vice Adm. Bailey with others shaking their heads in approval.

"He's probably one of the few kansens experienced enough to actually end this war. So far the Colonel has managed to convince one siren to change sides and has eliminated another. That's two out of six or one third of their officers gone. Which is something no other kansen has been able to do. Besides, it would take too many resources to match the level of firepower at his disposal." Added Vitse Adm (Vice Adm). Petrova, remembering that he solved her siren issue and saw first hand the power he possesses.

With the meeting continuing once it was decided that Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) was fit to be the field Commander even if his tactics where unorthodox at time.

-----------------------------------------
Meanwhile with the Colonel
-----------------------------------------

The Colonel walked down the halls of the ship heading for the helipad while smoking his cigarette and reviewing aerial footage of the enemy on his tablet with Curacao and Dusk walking alongside. Wearing his full combat attire minus the barbed wire with his AKS-74U slung around his torso. Once on the helipad he leaned against the railing, opened his backpack putting away the tablet and looked over the fleet with his ship in the lead before looking at making a move.

"Attention! We are nearing the enemy position! All battleships and carriers in the fleet! Prepare all main guns and fire at will once in range, carriers are to mobilise the majority of your strike aircraft for a preliminary attack! All other vessels provide AA cover!" Ordered Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) as he spoke into his headset before sucking on his cig and letting a grey cloud escape his mouth. While BMCY Ukrayina came into position for firing several Neptune anti-ship missiles with FS Aconit doing the same with its Exocets and the submarine SN Kursk going into position to fire P-700 Granit cruise missiles. As for his battleships they broke left or right and prepared to fire a full salvo. "What are you going to do if the war ends?"

"Haven't really thought about it but probably something that falls into my current skill set or maybe go to school for an education."  She answered before covering her ears as boom, boom, boom the sound of naval guns and anti-ship missiles being fired filled the background along with his air group of Tu-22M3s and Vulcan bombers flying over while piston fighters from Illustrious, Wessex and Zeppelin followed from behind. Which consisted of Fairey Barracuda, Fieseler Fi 167 torpedo bombers, JunkerJu-87C dive bombers and Vought F4U-1D Corsairs provided air cover along with some of the Colonels F4U-7s.

"Don't worry, you and everyone else still have time to think about it. Though that's only if this war actually ends." He replied while letting a grey cloud escape his mouth and inhaling again.

"Are you going to keep your current profession if the war ends?" Questioned Curacoa, wondering if he was going to continue his current career choice or pursue something else.

"A job is a job and a soldier has two sides to them, one that kills and one that loves but overtime the side that kills is greater than the other." Answered the Colonel as he let one last cloud escape before tossing his cig into the ocean. "Prepare for enemy contact."

With that she summoned her rigging, jumped over the edge and joined the fight along with several other kansens. As his bombers fired Kh-15S anti-ship missiles or dropped FAB-250 and Mk-83 bombs onto the enemy vessels. Following more bombing from the other carriers along with a few torpedo attacks.  Boom, boom, boom the ordnance tore into the siren ships creating flames and heavy black smoke. If that wasn't enough several salvos of anti-ship missiles and shells rained down onto the enemy. Effectively leaving them as burning scrap metal.

"Form a perimeter and blast anything that poses a threat!" Ordered Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) with his rigging deployed with Dusk walking by his side who had blood coating her mouth and teeth as he approached the two high ranking sirens. With a bang ringing out as he pressed the barrel of his AKS-74U to a burning siren's head and pulled the trigger as she tried to crawl towards safety.

"A little excessive don't you think?" Questioned a Caucasian female with white hair, yellow eyes and black tentacles upon seeing the destruction he created. Who wore a black dress, a cloth choker, ears and head dress.

"That's just a taste of what happens to the enemy, Observer but I think Tentacles suits you better." He answered in a cold, emotionless voice while trying to get a reaction out of her. "Are we going to talk it out like adults or should I have my dog chew your throats out?"

"Yes, let's talk it out like adults as I'm curious as to what Azur Lane has to offer me." She responded before turning to her subordinate. "Lighten up Purifier, it's only death."

"How can you be so calm when facing this inhuman monster of war?!" Questioned a shocked Purifier at how her boss was treating the scene while acting in a completely different manner than her usually childish and high pitched attitude. She was a Caucasian female with white hair tied into a ponytail with a few bundles of hair being loose and yellow eyes. Wearing a white sailor top, yellow tie, black shorts and black, white and yellow boats.

"Relax, Banshee I'm not going to kill...yet. " The Colonel responded in his usual cold, emotionless voice before telling them the offer in the simplest way possible.  "The offer is that you switch sides, tell us what you know without having me spill your guts, roast you alive with a Molotov cocktail, have Dusk chew on your throat and so much more. Tentacles over there will be the new Commander of all siren forces, Banshee will have the same old job of being an enforcer, you'll be granted a new life, identity, fair pay for your work and you'll be free to pursue whatever your dream is to be in life."

"A higher position and more freedom I'll take as it's better than being a corpse, seeing where this war is going." Replied, Observer who was happy with the offer. "Is Tentacles seriously what they're calling me?"

"We all get nicknames we either like or dislike but they all describe who you are as a person. Besides you get to call me Mad Colonel and I get to call you whatever I want since we've been fighting each other longer than the others." He answered before shifting his attention onto Purifier. "What about you Banshee? Are you joining or would you rather be a rotten corpse?"

"Being alive is better than being dead. Besides, I also wondered what it feels like to kill another humanoid siren." She responded with a malicious smile appearing on her face before going back to normal. "Seriously Banshee? You couldn't come up with a better name?"

"Good to hear and welcome to the party." Replied Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) as he pulled out paper from his backpack and hand it to them. "Your new life starts now, don't let us down or you'll be dealing with me and I ain't jolly." He informed them. "Don't like the name too bad princess, you have to earn it if you want a different nickname. Besides, it suits your childish, high pitch voice." Answered the Colonel before walking away with Dusk as he spoke into his radio with the two sirens following him. "Mission was successful and we are moving to the next point."

As they regrouped the Colonel was stopped as a still alive humanoid siren grabbed onto his leg. Who was riddled with shrapnel from the various explosions and had minor burn wounds.

"Why?" She asked in a dry tone.

"This is war and you're too low in the food chain." He calmly replied in his cold, emotionless tone before kicking her in the face in order to get his leg free before handing Purifier his AKS-74U. "You want to kill the sirens, here's your chance. All you have to do is pull the trigger."

Hearing this she aimed the barrel of his AKS-74U to her head like the last siren and bang, a bullet grazed her check.

"You have a lot to learn if you want to kill your own kind but you do have will power. Though let's see if you learn as fast as Omitter." Replied the Colonel as he saw Lilly (Omitter) gunning down a couple of humanoid sirens attempting to flee. He drew his Fort-14TP and bang he finished her off as a bullet went right into her head as she fell lifeless as her corpse fell beneath the waves. With that he holstered his pistol, took his carbine back from Purifier and continued walking back to the fleet.

"Dam he's heartless." Stated Purifier upon seeing him execute the poor siren like the last one who was burning alive. Along with not knowing how to feel after pulling the trigger on her own kind but what ever it was it felt good.

"Don't piss him, Purifier or he'll kill you. The only reason he hasn't yet is because we decided to join Azur Lane and we hold crucial positions in the siren leadership." Said Observer warned her friend of the consequences.

"Are you coming or do I need to shoot you for desertion?" He questioned upon seeing them taking their sweet time.

"We're coming!" Replied the tentacle lady as the two of them quickly linked up with the Colonel who had summoned his ships along with the others as they sailed off for their next target.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 289 29
Remastered version from my original fanfic Fighter Grey Wolf. I do not own Azur Lane. The picture I use belong to its artist.
210K 3.4K 39
This will not follow the Story of Azur lane and the Anime this will be my Own plot and I don't own Azur lane they belong to Yostar, Yongshi and Manju...
35.9K 437 27
Well it's done. All Sirens are confirmed destroyed, the Crimson Axis has surrendered and have joined forces with the rest of Azur lane and peace was...
12.5K 201 22
this is a fictional ship from a game called modern warships,how would the story of azur lane change if a young boy is sent to azur lane as this monst...