𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓�...

By kagetemis

DESCENDANT OF THE SUN [ 伊黒 小芭内 ] Obanai Iguro [ 鬼滅の刃 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba / Demon Slayer "Once you've learn... More

𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 & 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 & 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 & 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 & 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐦𝐮𝐠𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 & 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 & 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 & 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 & 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 & 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 & 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 & 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 & 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 & 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
Fanart by Potterweeb2678
Fanart by mitsuyoki
New Demon Slayer Book

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

4.1K 120 155
By kagetemis

warning: mentions of spoilers in the manga, mentions of suicide and deaths and a music is provided for you to listen while reading certain paragraphs, i'm not forcing you to do it, just merely recommending it! i have it on cue, just play it when you see the sign!

|| 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 ||
061

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲||
062

ꨄ︎

third person

as months passed ever since the death of the honorable demon hunters and the pillars. each and everyone of the remaining survivors had trouble sleeping peacefully, as the sudden terror of a dream would wake them up panting and sweating from the horrible outbreak of a scene that involves the deaths of their fellow comrades. 

some even lost their minds from the nightmares that awakens them during the night, that they ended up strangling themselves to death. their thoughts would be blinded with clouds, feeling that there is no way out of the hell they're experiencing, and that committing suicide is the only way for them to breakout from the hellish nightmares that dives within their souls.

even though some lost their minds from the hellish nightmare visiting them every night. there are some who are brave and tough enough to block the terrifying scenarios flashing through their eyes whenever they sleep, they are the ones who manage to survive, they are the ones who kept living to continue the legacies of the people who died during the war. they will forever carry the memories of their comrades, and may one day come a time where they will reunite, have a cup of tea, and have an idle chitchat while ignoring the disturbances happening in the world.

among those people who is able to withstand the wrath of the hellish dreams that kept appearing during the night is the pillars from the demon slayer corps, rengoku kyojuro, the flame pillar who wears his smile whatever the situation is. shinazugawa sanemi, the wind pillar who wears a scowl whatever the situation is. tomioka giyuu, the water pillar who wears his stoic face whatever the situation is. and y/n tsugikuni, the sun pillar who pretends everything is fine whatever the situation is.

those four pillars that survived the war have returned home, even though some of them were in comatose for months, they still manage to survive and are seen as heroes by the remaining demon hunter members that fought bravely till the end. 

"you think us surviving is unfair to those that didn't?" questioned the yellow-haired man, glancing at the burgundy-haired woman beside him.

"you're loyal, brave, and true." answered the burgundy-haired woman, the man tilted his head in confusion, not understanding what the woman meant with her words.

"you never turned your back even when akaza decided to offer you an invitation. you fought bravely till the end, and you stayed true to your words that you'll defeat muzan and bring peace to this cruel world. what sounds unfair to that?" said the burgundy-haired woman which caught the man off-guard with her compliments, his cheeks tainting with pink as he pursed his lips before looking the other way. 

"i-

"they died for our sake, for the victory that the demon hunters sought for years. don't feel sullen because of their deaths. don't feel remorse for their deaths, because i know that they died accepting their fates."

"don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

"let's live for as long as we can, and preserve the memories of our fallen comrades." 

the man can only sigh from the woman's short speech but nevertheless agreed. rengoku kyojuro, the man who is in deep remorse after his comrades deaths, he even thought of him dying over them, specially the snake man that the love of his life loves.

there is no denying that kyojuro caught feelings for y/n tsugikuni. she's a woman full of surprises, and she's the first woman that made him interested in romance. he thought that he could maybe court her, but everything went downhill when he notice how y/n and obanai acts whenever they are together. some may thought that they are only bickering, but to his eyes there is something more than that. after all, he's the first to notice the lingering love and affection between the two.

kyojuro blocked everything from his view, he closes his eyes as he remembered the time where him and obanai had a conversation regarding y/n. it was a day before muzan attacked the ubuyashiki estate, a day before they finally saw y/n.

"what are you doing here?"

kyojuro laughed at how defensive obanai is, he is in front of the serpent pillar's estate. he decided to visit everyone, and offer them some rice cakes that he bought yesterday during his mission.

"can't the flame pillar come and check-up on his friend?" questioned kyojuro while obanai merely reacted, he stood by the door with his arms crossed and a sassy expression on his face.

"i'm not letting you in." said the serpent pillar but kyojuro didn't listen and pushed the door open, surprising the shorter man.

he entered the estate freely, glancing at the area with amusement and curiousness. this is not the first time he ever step foot in the estate, but it has definitely been a few years ever since he's been here and there are some changes here and there.

"what the hell, rengoku." muttered the shorter man as he slammed the door shut. 

the serpent pillar glared at kyojuro but nevertheless showed him to an area with cushions, kyojuro smiled before setting himself on one of the cushion and placing the rice cakes on the small table in front.

he looked around and saw some picture frames, he wasn't too surprise when he saw that the images were pictures of him and mitsuri. after all the both of them are really close, they might as well be married together if it weren't for obanai being a pussy.

but what surprise him the most is another image in a picture frame, the image contained obanai and a certain burgundy-haired woman that he loves. although kyojuro felt some small tingles of jealousy, he didn't assume things and instead questioned obanai about it.

"a picture with y/n? thought you both didn't get along well." muttered kyojuro as he pointed the picture frame hanging on the wall, a laugh following his question as obanai glanced at the picture before turning to kyojuro.

"kanroji. she forced the both of us, nothing much to see there anyway." said obanai, defensive as always.

kyojuro tilted his head, a small smile on his face as he didn't believe obanai. kanroji may be the reason for the picture, but 'nothing much to see there anyway' there's so much to see in the picture, after all both are a blushing mess without even realizing it.

"if you say so." said kyojuro as he decided to open one of the boxes that contained the rice cakes, he offered some to obanai before helping himself by eating some.

"are you seriously going to stay here? you can leave now and bring your rice cakes if you're the one who'll end up eating it anyway." said obanai as he stared at kyojuro with disgust, but the yellow-haired man only laughed at obanai before shrugging,

"i've been thinking, have you and kanroji made it official?" questioned kyojuro which made obanai's eyebrows furrow.

"what does that have to do with you?" said obanai sharply.

"just curious is all. aren't you planning on courting her or something?" 

"no." muttered obanai, he's quick to answer kyojuro which made him raise his eyebrows in amusement.

"oh? found someone new ey?" said kyojuro.

obanai tilted his head on the side, his eyebrows furrowed as he gritted his teeth in annoyance. he didn't like the idea of people questioning him about personal matters, and he didn't like how people have the audacity to pry on his life.

"you're acting as if we're close buddies. save me the trouble and get the hell out of my estate. i've kindly offered you a sit, now get your ass up and leave." said obanai, his patience slowly seeping from his body while kyojuro only watched in amusement at how his words would hit a nerve on obanai.

"well if you're not talking, at least listen to me blabber about someone." said kyojuro as he ushered obanai to calm down, and sit across from him. at first the raven-haired short man didn't follow, but soon gave up and listened to him.

rengoku kyojuro

"there is this one woman that i fell in love with. i didn't mean to, but i ended up falling hard that there is no going back. she's such a wonderful woman with a great heart, she always cares for the others and barely takes care of herself."

"when i first saw her, i've seen how empty her eyes are. even though it twinkles like a star, it still lingers longing and love, it might not be of someone like a romantic partner but maybe a companion that'll bring warmth to her cold inner feelings."

"i remembered the time where i heard muffled sobs from a woman, and there on a roof is her and her cousin having a talk. the both of them on top of the butterfly estate, i didn't mean to pry but i overheard of her bottled feelings and saw how she bursts into tears."

"that made me so curious about her, and the next thing i knew we both are included in a dangerous mission where she almost lost her life. her managing to survive made me so damn happy, the relief i felt that surges through my body is unimaginable. but in that time, i've noticed that it's not only me that contains lingering feelings for the said woman."

"there is another man who is slowly falling in love with her but is in huge denial. i thought that this could be a great chance for me but i guess nothing works out my way. and then came her new mission where she ended up missing." 

"do you have an idea on who might the woman be?"

i stared at obanai who had his eyes slightly widened. i know for sure that he have an idea on who's the woman i'm talking about. i know that he knows, and there is no way he's backing out on this one. i have to know - i have to know if he really does love y/n, like the way i do.

"y/n?" questioned obanai making me smile when i heard her name.

her beautiful name is the reason of the butterflies i felt in my stomach, she's a beautiful woman with burgundy-hair and e/colored eyes that twinkles like a star. she's a gentle lady who knows how to protect her cousins, and what made me fall in love deeper is how she takes care of her younger cousin, rokuta. she's definitely a wife material, and if i were given a chance to be with her then i would do so.

"she's a wonderful woman, don't you think so iguro?" i questioned, he looked hesitant at first but nevertheless nodded his head in agreement.

"the man that i mentioned that contains the same feelings for her, do you know who he is?" i questioned, pushing his buttons as he frowned once more.

"do you?"

"and what if i do?"

"mutter his name then."

"and if i don't want to?"

"then you're a coward." 

"i'm not-

"iguro obanai, the man who's in love with y/n. rings a bell?" i stated, hearing enough of his argument.

"no i-

"if you denied one more time, i'm stealing y/n away from you. i even plan on marrying the woman, if you don't mind that is." i said.

"oh i do mind." said obanai while gritting his teeth, and i smirk internally while celebrating my victory of exposing obanai's undying love for y/n.

third person pov

soon, both men didn't notice as to how long they've been talking about the burgundy-haired woman. despite obanai's antisocial personality, him talking about y/n seems endless that he couldn't stop talking to kyojuro about her. 

they weren't just gossiping. they are talking about how y/n made them feel special, and how their feelings blossomed. although both men aren't close, this mutual understanding about their feelings for the burgundy-haired woman brought them close. 

although nothing would change after this conversation. the both will remain like before, and like how they treat each other before. this is a one-time conversation where they shared stories about y/n, and they get along quite well. 

"rengoku. before you leave, can i ask for a favor?" questioned obanai as the both stood from their cushions, then walking towards the front door.

"when the time comes that i won't be able to survive the battle against muzan. will you take care of y/n? will you love her?" questioned obanai which kyojuro immediately promised that he'll take care of y/n.

"if i were to die. take care of y/n, make her fall in love with you and build a family in an open-field with flowerbeds. i may not be there for her, but knowing that a man like you can be there for her is reassuring." 

"i'll leave y/n in your hands when i'm gone. but if i were to be born again, in a different world from this, a world where peace is actually seen. then i'll find y/n, and steal her away from you but for the meantime, please make her happy." said obanai as kyojuro's lips formed a thin line, his usual smile gone after hearing obanai talk.

"and it's vice versa, if i were to die and you're to live then do the same. i will never let anything happen to y/n, and i will make sure to make her happy. i promise you iguro."

kyojuro sighed, he remembered the promise he made to obanai. kyojuro tilted his head, looking over to the woman who's staring at the sun setting, she had on a stoic face as her eyes glistened with nothing but pure emptiness. 

"y/n." 

the burgundy-haired woman looked over to kyojuro after hearing her name getting called. she let out a hum, as both her and kyojuro stared at each other's eyes. the both of them losing track of their surroundings, as if time stopped from their staring. 

"i know you're in love with obanai." 

y/n's eyes widened, her mouth opening to say a word but she was cut off by kyojuro who gave her a small smile, his eyes were glistening and filled with love and longing, he wanted to be the one who she loves but he knows he can't force her.

"i love you."

kyojuro said boldly, he watches how y/n's expression turned shock into horrified. she wasn't horrified from the idea, she's horrified at how could someone like him loves her, how can a man who is filled with pure happiness end up loving someone like her.

"i-

"no. you don't have to say it, i don't want to force you but i did promise iguro that i'll make you happy."

"so y/n, give me two years to court you, no i'll wait until you're ready." 

"i don't care how many years it takes you to love me back, even if i'm only a second after iguro." 

his words hit y/n, his words stung y/n's heart. she can't believe that someone like him is willing to wait for her, she knew it'll take her some time to heal from obanai's passing but knowing that someone is willing to wait for her touches her heart.

"so please, let me be selfish and be with you this life."

"let me be selfish and have you, before iguro takes you away in another life." 

beads of tears started forming on y/n's eyes, her mouth trembling from kyojuro's words. how can someone like him be so kind? how can someone like him be willing to wait for her? how can kyojuro be so caring, that even though he's hurting he'll risk everything to be with her. 

his words cuts her deep, she didn't want to let him go after all he has done for her. he's the reason as to why her cousins are safe, and now he's the reason that makes y/n live longer than she should have been.

"so y/n, let's be selfish together."

y/n walked towards kyojuro before wrapping her arms around his waist, sobbing on him as she nodded her head. kyojuro let out a shaky sigh of relief, his arms wrapping around y/n's body as they both held each other dearly.

✰★✰

"rokuta nii-chan!" 

laughter of children could be heard in an open-field area, the area is filled with grass and flowerbeds that compliments the radiant color of the house that's built in the middle of the field. 

"hurry d/n's, papa is about to catch up!" shouted rokuta as he halt from running, he hold his hand out for d/n which she gladly took and the both of them scurried off once again.

"you can't escape me, roar!" growled the yellow-haired man while slowly running towards his children.

rokuta kamado, the son of tanjuro kamado and kie kamado, and the younger brother of tanjiro kamado and nezuko agatsuma. he's the cousin of y/n rengoku, her and kyujoru insisted on adopting him but nevertheless kept his last name as kamado.

d/n rengoku, the daughter of kyojuro rengoku and y/n rengoku. she's four years old, conceived when y/n and kyojuro married. she have yellow-hair from her father, and e/c from her mother, she took after kyojuro's personality which made y/n sulk for months.

"what did i said about playing in front of the house where the flowerbeds are present?" 

all three of them froze from their spots as they noticed the burgundy-haired woman who is standing in front of the front door with her arms crossed. her face stoic, as she fakes an anger look to intimidate her family.

kyojuro snickered knowing y/n's tactics but nevertheless acted as if he's scared from his wife. with his actions, both rokuta and d/n cowered in fear, hiding behind kyojuro as the three of them were scared to death after seeing y/n.

"if you really want to play, then go at the back where there are no flowerbeds. we can't have you ruining more flowerbeds." stated y/n, sighing to herself as she walked towards where the children are, she carefully kneeled down, finding a comfortable position to not disturb the sleeping baby in her stomach.

"you didn't have to come all the way here y/n. you have to rest." said kyojuro as he immediately went to his wife's side, he lifted her up easily while y/n whined to herself.

"you're always like this, i can take care of myself." grumbled y/n but kyojuro only shook his head in disagreement.

"i know you can, but you're already 7 months y/n. you need to have plenty of rest, and don't stress yourself too much because of the kids." said kyojuro as he ushered their children to follow him, all of them entering the house and kyojuro immediately placed y/n on a couch where it's much comfortable for her.

"mama, i want a baby brother!" said d/n as she run towards where y/n is, she carefully plops herself beside y/n while touching her swollen stomach.

"well i want a sister." said rokuta as he made his way towards the two, he sat beside d/n as he lifted her up before plopping her on his lap. d/n smiled before facing her brother, and dugging her face on his stomach while he laughed.

kyojuro watched from a far, a huge smile on his face as he watch his family interact with each other. he never once regretted adopting rokuta, after all he's been with y/n for years and they both raised him. he became a fine young boy, taught well by his parents, and he'll grow and turn into someone with high morals. 

kyojuro never thought that his life will end up like this. it never crossed his mind that he'll end up marrying y/n and forming a family with her, he knew that y/n still loves obanai deeply but she constantly shows love and affection to him, to reassure him that she holds feelings for him as well.

"now, now, don't pester mama and let her rest." said kyojuro as he made his way towards the three, him picking up both his children while they grumbled and whined, wanting to get away from his hold while kyojuro only laughed in amusement.

"our relatives are coming here to celebrate d/n's 4th birthday, don't you want to help me prepare dinner?" questioned kyojuro, silently sulking at how y/n always gets the attention of their children.

both rokuta and d/n's eyes twinkled after hearing the word 'dinner'. both of them loves preparing and eating meals, they always help y/n whenever she cooks but it became rare because she's with a child and kyojuro wouldn't let them enter the kitchen because it's too dangerous for them kids.

"YAY, WE'RE HELPING PAPA COOK!" shouted d/n's with joy as rokuta released a huge smile, watching his younger sister raise both her arms, wiggling it as she shouts some few hoorays that made the rengoku family chuckle from her cuteness.

"y/n we're preparing dinner, you have a short nap alright?" said kyojuro.

y/n nodded her head, knowing that she can't win against a stubborn kyojuro. he's always been careful with her when she's pregnant, she remembered what kyojuro is like in her first pregnancy. he's a mess, he didn't want her doing things and instead made her sit with rokuta accompanying her while kyojuro does all the housework. 

y/n's eyes followed the movement of her husband with their children. her eyes glistening with joy as a huge smile is plastered on her face. she didn't regret ever starting a family with kyojuro, he's a sweet and endearing man that brought light to her dark life. 

he made her feel alive when they lost almost everyone of the pillars. he made her feel the same way obanai makes her feel, and although it wasn't as strong as obanai's, it is there, and she knows that she loves kyojuro the same way as she loved obanai.

obanai is the past, and kyojuro is the present. she didn't think her life would end up this way. she once thought that she'll get married to someone near where the kamado's live but everything took a turn when they were slain. then more twisted things happened when she met the pillars that brought her happiness. 

"let's be selfish together."

she wanted to be selfish with kyojuro during this life, she wanted to be with him and create a family with him. she wanted to love him the same way she loved obanai, and everything became true and here she is now living a life, living a family with the man who confessed to her to be selfish with him.

the both of them became selfish, became ignorant about the past and they made it through until today and onwards. it's their story during this era, during this generation it is them and only them, and no one can come in and break through this heavily bond that binds the two.

the two of them in this era.

and another in the next life.

the two promised to be together in this life,

and promised to forget each other's feelings when reborn in another life.

but before that happens, they'll continue loving each other until they can't anymore.

✰★✰

"they're here, they're here!" said the hyperactive bowl-haired boy, a huge smile on his face as he bounced, excited to see his real siblings.

kyojuro stared at rokuta, a huge smile on his face as he chuckled at his son's reaction. he walked towards the front door with rokuta following behind, without wasting time, he opened the door and is greeted with a lot of familiar faces.

tanjiro kamado, and his wife kanao kamado.

zenitsu agatsuma, and his wife nezuko agatsuma.

inosuke hashibira, and his wife aoi hashibira. 

sanemi shinazugawa.

giyuu tomioka. 

uzui tengen, and his wives namely: suma, hinatsuru, and makio.

"NII-CHAN, NEE-CHAN!" shouted rokuta as he run towards his both siblings who happily greeted him with a bear hug. 

tanjiro have a huge smile on his face as he carried rokuta, as well as nezuko with a smile on her face as she hugged both her siblings. the three of them have been separated for too long that they missed each other's company and warmth.

"welcome in, welcome in." said kyojuro as he ushered everyone to come in.

everyone barge in the spacious household, all of them able to fit in because the house is built massively, it is designed personally by kyojuro and y/n who intended to have a spacious estate that'll fit them and their children.

the process of building the estate took a year, they resided in the old kamado household for the meantime and soon moved to the open-field full of grass and flowerbeds, the area that obanai found when he was roaming around. 

"y/n!" yelled tanjiro as he saw his older cousin who is sitting on the couch, a tired expression plastered on her face as she gave everyone a lazy smile.

"tanjiro, look how you've grown." complimented y/n making him flustered from the unexpected compliment, nevertheless he smiled before running over to her side, giving her a hug as nezuko followed after.

"don't forget about me!" heard the kamado trio as they saw how the youngest kamado amongst them run, carefully he wrapped his arms around the three of them, being careful as to not crush his older cousin.

soon, everyone started talking about certain things. they decided to catch up and talk about their lives, they shared the fun and amazing memories that they've created with their loved ones, friends, and many more. 

that night, everyone was able to feel at ease by being surrounded with the people they grew up with. the people that they're with when fighting muzan, the people who are able to survive muzan and the upper moons. they are the survivors that'll continue the tale of the demon hunters who died in honor.

✰★✰

start the attached music - isabella's lullaby

midnight strikes, and everyone left the rengoku household. both rokuta, and d/n are fast asleep in their respective bedrooms. each of them have their own rooms, but d/n prefers to sleep with her older brother, rokuta. 

away from the house is both kyojuro and y/n who's enjoying the cool breeze. it's winter and the first snow is yet to appear, y/n's been wanting to see the first snow fall, she remembers how everyone who's dear to her dies whenever the first snow falls.

"we've made it y/n." y/n looks over to kyojuro and smiled at him.

he have his right arm wrapped on y/n's waist to keep her from falling. after all she's pregnant and he didn't want to risk anything. he didn't want to agree with her leaving the house to come in this specific area where he proposed to her but ended up giving in.

"yeah, it's all thanks to you for waiting." mumbled y/n, remembering the two years kyojuro spent to court her.

"no, it's because you gave me a chance."

"it's because you've learnt how to love me." muttered kyojuro as he carefully snuggled to y/n's body causing her to giggle, she wrapped her arms around his waist before leaning against him.

"you're always so kind to me. how can i not return your love?" said y/n sweetly causing kyojuro to crack a smile, his embrace tightening as he didn't want to let go, and instead cherish this moment with y/n as long as he can.

"thank you for giving me a daughter, no, for giving me children and rokuta is too included. we both raised him, i love and see him as a son, and i'll make sure to raise our children in the right. let's raise them into fine young kids." stated kyojuro while y/n nodded in return.

"i-

"i know i can never replace obanai in your heart but thank you y/n, thank you for being selfish with me, for giving me a chance to live a life with you." said kyojuro as he nuzzled closer to her, y/n's eyes started watering from kyojuro's words, he never fails to make her cry.

"no, it's me who should be thankful for having a man like you in my life, kyojuro."

"without you i'll probably lose my way, and i'll probably not love again. but ever since you started treating me like a damn princess, and being patient, understanding me. how can i not-

"i seriously love you kyojuro."

said y/n sincerely, shocking kyojuro in the process. he'd always hear y/n say those words to him, to reassure him that she married him because she's in love with him and not because he wanted to marry her. 

the two embraced each other, not wanting the moment to end. they've been together for four years and they've come to understand each other. they were open, and talked about their past, they shared their most savored and most cruel memories that helped them understand and hone each other into perfection.

even though both are imperfect, even though it's suppose to be an unrequited love. they both are able to form a strong bond, a bond that will last for eternity as they continued living on, this is no mere miracle, it happened because they were patient for each other, it happened because they were able to understand each other.

amongst the centuries of history repeating itself, it finally came into a halt when y/n decided to not meddle with the events occurring. a bittersweet ending that she experienced for this cycle to break, but there comes her ending that she's been dreaming. 

it might not be the man of her dreams, but it is the man that brought her light and guided her to the path where she'll not regret.

"till our last breath, my dear sun."

and thus, the first snow appeared.

"till our next first snow, obanai."

ఌ︎

To be Continued...

chapters sixty-one and sixty-two are now up, what do you think?

last chapter on sunday ʕ •́؈•̀

honestly i have no words to say, i've been very thankful to everyone who's been here since the first day.

i've been meaning to thank everyone who comments, gives me feedback and entertaining comments that actually makes me laugh.

one more chapter and this book is finally down, we've come a long way everyone, let's finish this until sunday (•̀ᴗ•́)و

last chapter:
- sunday

see ya on sunday (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.4K 55
Y/n was one of all the demons, who had unique voice. Whoever fighting her, listened her singing for too long immediately fell into a trap: they could...
73.5K 1.5K 33
Y/N is one of the last dragon breather that can use each of the five elements in each form. During his journey he meets tanjiro along with zenitsu an...
30.8K 1K 79
An alternate take of the canon story where, Tanjiro has learned Sun Breathing, the Kamado family lives, Nezuko becomes a Demon Slayer, Zenitsu master...
8.2K 372 35
─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠......𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚�...