The Killer or The Detective (...

By FreeFlyer68

Kira was a very intelligent killer in Japan. L was the best detective the world has ever known. But did anyon... More

It All Starts Here
The Nations Meet
The Chess Game Begins
Late Nights and New Assignments
Sweet Gestures
Are You Kira
New Information and Confusion
A Traumatic Bus Ride
The Meaning of Justice
To Trust
The Real L
A Red Tint
The Envelope of Names
Feeling Tired and Stressed
Which Side is the Pawn on
Forehead Kiss
A Detainment Plan
The Hard Part
The Points Make it Clear
The Entrance Exams
The Differences Between L and Kira
Tennis with Sickness
Sick or Flustered
A Simple Walk Home
Something Unseeable
A Copycat
Caring For You
Kira Joins the Kira Task Force
The Response
'Shinigami'
A Plan
Light's Girlfriend
Heartache and Healing
Donuts
Physical Evidence Discovered
Taking a Break
The Original Confession
Wait For Me to Come Back
To Tell or Not
Going Back to Work
An Awful Date
Losing and Gaining
It Is Time to Rest
The Original Light Yagami
Concern
A Night with Yotsuba
The Great Divide
A Plan of Her Own
The Girl Team
The Last Component
You Are the Fourth Kira
Do Kiss and Tell
The How and Who
Kira Investigation: Closed
Ending: Light Yagami

Ending: L Lawliet

2.2K 107 63
By FreeFlyer68

   ' I need to go check my mailbox. '

You entered your apartment building after a long day at work. Today you closed the case for Kaoru Kobayashi. He was a local newspaperman who kidnapped a little girl and killed her. You finally captured him before he could kidnap another child. He was tried and was given the death sentence. You walked downstairs to the hotel's basement to get to your PO box. You started looking through your keys to find the right one to open the box. 

   ' So much has changed since Ryuzaki closed the case. It feels weird walking around the streets again without thinking about Kira. '

The Kira Case had closed some time ago. Higuchi was convicted, and he couldn't claim innocence against L. So, he was guilty and sentenced to the death penalty for all of Kira's crimes. After the fact, the Death Notes were delivered back to you, with a note from L asking if you would give them back to the shinigami. You agreed and met Rem and Ryuk at the top of the Task Force building. You also brought Ryuk a bag of apples. They both took the Death Notes and left with a goodbye. You never saw them again, and you never saw L, ever since he left that day at the Task Force building. There was no way to contact him because he sent the notebooks in the mail but from a random address, and he always used burn phones. You had lost all contact. L went back to his old ways. He was never seen again, and his appearance disappeared from the public. L would come back to help if it was a worldwide emergency, but nothing of such significant proportion has happened, so he has remained in silence. Like a shadow, he lingered. He would always be there to protect the world's people, but he would wait until he was needed.

   ' I wish there was still a way for us to contact him, but I know that's impossible. '

Mr. Yagami had used the building to his advantage. The NPA has claimed the building and uses it for the new investigation group. Light was the head of the investigation group, with Mogi as his right-hand man. Matsuda stayed with Mr. Yagami in the NPA building and would prepare to be in the field. Aizawa kept his position, but he would visit the others when he could. You graduated from college and took up a position in the NPA, but you were part of another investigative team. There were five teams in total of investigators with their share of officers. You had a team you worked with and had success in every case. Misa was a star in lights, and her carrier skyrocketed. She was famous and flaunted her smile every chance she got.

   ' It's weird not being with the old Task Force. '

You found your key and opened your box. Many letters were in your mailbox, waiting to be taken out and read. You took all of the; notes and took the elevator to your apartment. You took your shoes off and read through them one by one. Most of them were letters sent to you about the closing of the investigation, and another note had your check inside from the NPA. 

   " What's this? "

The last letter you had yet to look at had a random address on the corner. You opened the letter and took the paper out, finding a plane ticket. You started reading through its contents.

Dear Izumi Yuka,

Hey, Izumi. It's Hideki Ryuga! I haven't talked to you in a bit and thought a letter would be the best way to communicate. Guess I'm still a child in some way. Anyways, I'm guessing you've been working hard over in Japan. I haven't seen you in weeks, and I want you to come to visit!

I can't come to visit you because of work, but I know you've got some time off. You may not like the weather here too much since it's not what you're used to, but Holmes said that you would be fine and that he would pay for your travel. He misses you too, Izumi. The ticket should have come with the letter, but I would check. I don't even know if I have the address right; you might have to look at the front for me and tell me if it is. If it's right then, I found you! 

I'll see you when you get here! Holmes will be waiting for you. You do remember what he looks like, don't you?

Sincerely,
Hideki Ryuga

You read through the letter once again.

   ' What the hell? '

The name Izumi Yuka caught your attention because that was your alias when you were working with the Task Force. 

   ' Someone's sending me a hidden message. I'm going to assume it's L because Hideki Ryuga was his alias when we were working together. He's telling me to come and visit him wherever he is. He can't come visit me, and that's because of his position. I'm not used to the weather where ever he is at, and this Holmes is referring to Watari. '

You grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote down all of the information you knew. Once you had everything written, you started to find clues.

   " Holmes. . .He chose that as Watari's name for a reason. Ah! It's Sherlock Holmes. He lived on Bakers Street in London. So he's in London, England, but where? "

You scanned the letter again and found the last hint.

I don't even know if I have the address right; you might have to look at the front for me and tell me if it is. If it's right then, I found you! 

You turned the envelope over and looked at the address. The place it was sent from was not London, England, but the numbers and street name was the information you were looking for. You wrote the address down on the back of the letter and started packing for your trip to England.

After a long plane ride, you left the airport and looked for Watari. You spotted him quickly and ran towards him. He smiled at seeing your running figure and opened his arms for a hug. You embraced him, and he hugged you back.

   " It is good to see you Ms. Y/n. Congratulations on deciphering the letter. "

   " It was easy. Since I'm an investigator slash detective, it's fairly easy. It's good to see you too Watari. "

   " Do you know the address of where we are going? "

   " Yes. "

You took the letter out of your carry-on bag and showed him the street address, and his smile widened.

   " Correct. I am sure Ryuga will be excited to see you. "

   " I'm excited. I haven't seen him in weeks. "

Watari opened the door to the car for you, and you sat inside. Watari, put your bags in the trunk before walking to the driver's side door and getting in the car. As he drove, you looked at the sights of London as you passed them. Eventually, Watari stopped at a building and let you leave the car.

   " This building is his home. Please enter, and greet him. "

You nodded and walked up the steps to the building. The building itself was huge. It was a few miles out of the city of London, but the house looked too big for only two people. You knocked on the door and heard a 'come in' from the other side of the door. You opened the door and stepped inside; Ryuzaki was the person now standing in front of you. 

   " Ryuzaki. "

   " Y/n. "

Ryuzaki looked the same from when you last saw him. His white long sleeve shirt was spotless, and his blue jeans were still baggy and stretched past his feet. His black hair was still spiky, and his eyes were still dark. You ran up to Ryuzaki and embraced in tightly. He hugged you back and held you tightly.

   " It is good to see you, love. "

   " I missed you. "

   " I missed you as well. How have you been? I've seen where you recently solved the Kaoru Kobayashi case. "

   " I'm doing good. And yes, I did just finish the case. He's been tried already. "

   " Yes, I read through the files. "

You separated from the hug, and Ryuzaki gestured for you to follow him. You followed Ryuzaki up the stairs of his house, and he opened the door to a bedroom. There were files littered the floor, and his laptop, was open, revealing pictures of criminals you had heard about on the TV. Ryuzaki sat down on his desk chair while you sat on the bed.

   " Watari will bring your things to your room. Has Rem or YUk showed their faces to you? "

   " No, they haven't have they come to you? "

   " No, so it's likely that everything has been settled. Higuchi has already been given the death sentence. "

   " That's right. I saw the court case on the TV in Japan. "

   " Yes. "

Ryuzaki reached towards his desk, where he had candy and cakes sitting. He took a cupcake, took the wrapper off, and started eating the chocolate cake.

   " Ever since then I have helped with new cases, and kept tabs on everyone in Japan, to monitor the other task force members. "

   " You mean Light specifically? "

   " Yes, and it seems everything is well. Once I knew that I sent you the letter to come and visit me. "

   " But I thought you couldn't meet with me. You did say that we wouldn't see you ever again at the Task Force building. "

   " I did but I also said that if you do there is a five percent chance that it will happen. I also had made a promise to you. "

   " To me? When? "

   " You were asleep when I said it, so you have no knowledge of what I said. Before Light Yagami and Misa Amane were detained I went to To-oh University to wait for Light, so I could meet with Misa Amane. You approached me first that day, and we conversed before you fell asleep against me. "

   " I remember. "

   " That was when I promised you. In specifics, I said, 'Thank you for caring about me and becoming someone important in my life. When the investigation is over, I promise to stay in contact if possible. If it isn't possible, I will make it possible. I can't let someone like you go, you're special to me.' I intend to keep my promise. "

You felt the blush come to your face, and you couldn't look away from Ryuzaki's eyes.

   " Well, that's very sweet of you Ryuzaki. "

   " I would prefer if you called me Lawliet. "

   " Another alias? "

   " Something of the sort. But only use that when around Watari and me, outside use Ryuzaki. "

   " It sounds like you're expecting me to stay here forever. " You said, shaking your head.

   " I don't see a problem with that. It sounds pleasant. "

You shook your head again and rested your head against your hands. You took a deep breath and let it escape through your nose. Lawliet took your hands in his, and you looked up at him.

   " I hope you understand Y/n, but I love you. Though I may not show it I do. You cared for me, and helped me through the Kira investigation. You never left the investigation, or doubted my judgement. Your deductions were spotless, and your intellect matches mine. I have never met a woman as spectacular as you. Feelings were not something I cared much for, but while I formed a relationship with you in Japan, I formed feelings for you as well. The last few weeks without you, have not been great, and I'm tired for once of the work. I want to lay in bed like we did many times before, and embrace your warmth and comfort. So, here is my proposal. "

   " Proposal? "

   " Yes, I propose, that you live here in London, England with me and Watari. You can live in this house with us, and you can continue your life as an investigator here. Along with this, I will take care of your apartment, and the payments in case you would ever want to return to Japan to visit the others. That is my proposal. "

   " I--"

   " I have one other condition. "

Lawliet leaned forward and connected his lips with yours. You kissed him back, and your body felt like jelly. His lips were warm and tasted like chocolate. When your lips departed, he kept his face close to yours.

   " I want you to be mine. I want you to be my girlfriend, upon agreement. "

You smiled and connected your lips with his. Your hands left him and caressed the back of his neck. His hands, instinctively, went to your waist. He adjusted his sitting position and sat in the chair as an average person would.

   " You've made it really hard to say no. So, I agree with your proposal, Lawliet. " You said, disconnecting your lips from his. 

   " I knew you would, love. " He said, connecting your lips.

Lawliet pulled you closer to him, and his left hand moved to your hip while his right hand went to the back of your neck. The kisses shared between you were filled with love, and you could feel him smiling. You knew this was the right place to be and didn't want to be without Lawliet. 

   " I must also inform you that there will be others living with us. " Lawliet said, letting his lips leave yours.

   " Who are they? "

   " They are children, who grew to replace me and be my successor. I am taking them under my personal wing, and taking care of them. I will tell you their aliases but you will have to talk with them and learn their real names from them. Their aliases are Near, Matt and Mello. One is addicted to puzzles, the other is chocolate, and finally, Matt likes to smoke. I hope this is fine. "

   " I'm fine with it. It'll make things exciting. "

Lawliet's smile was rare. He would usually hide it or smile when you couldn't see him. This time, he smiled in front of you, and you felt your heart flutter. Lawliet stood up from the chair and pulled the covers on the bed away from the pillows.

   " I haven't had any rest since the closing of the case and you are probably tired from your flight. Let's rest. "

You agreed and laid down under the blankets. Lawliet held you close and hugged you to his chest. You wrapped your arms around him and relaxed against his body. His embrace was warm, and you felt safe. 

   " I love you, Lawliet. "

   " I love you to, Y/n. "

Lawliet kissed your head and rested against you. Watari placed your things outside L's door, knowing that you would probably be sleeping there more than in their guest bedroom. He smiled as he walked downstairs to clean.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758K 23.9K 41
What happens when Kira falls for you? What happens when he might actually have a softer side to him. But what if you like him back? From a shy girl t...
366K 14.8K 61
Y/n was walking around her house until she got a headache and collapsed onto the ground. When she woke up she found herself in the world of Death Not...
497K 15.4K 40
Kira finally became God of the New World. | | The famous detective L had hidden himself away, trying to think of comebacks to bring real justice back...
268K 10.8K 28
(Y/n) (l/n). What a person. I don't think anyone really knows what to call that enigma. Some say they're a freak. An unfathomable eccentric. Others t...