The Killer or The Detective (...

بواسطة FreeFlyer68

Kira was a very intelligent killer in Japan. L was the best detective the world has ever known. But did anyon... المزيد

It All Starts Here
The Nations Meet
The Chess Game Begins
Late Nights and New Assignments
Sweet Gestures
Are You Kira
New Information and Confusion
A Traumatic Bus Ride
The Meaning of Justice
To Trust
The Real L
A Red Tint
The Envelope of Names
Feeling Tired and Stressed
Which Side is the Pawn on
Forehead Kiss
A Detainment Plan
The Hard Part
The Points Make it Clear
The Entrance Exams
The Differences Between L and Kira
Tennis with Sickness
Sick or Flustered
A Simple Walk Home
Something Unseeable
A Copycat
Caring For You
Kira Joins the Kira Task Force
The Response
'Shinigami'
A Plan
Light's Girlfriend
Heartache and Healing
Donuts
Physical Evidence Discovered
Taking a Break
The Original Confession
Wait For Me to Come Back
To Tell or Not
Going Back to Work
An Awful Date
Losing and Gaining
It Is Time to Rest
The Original Light Yagami
Concern
A Night with Yotsuba
The Great Divide
A Plan of Her Own
The Girl Team
The Last Component
You Are the Fourth Kira
Do Kiss and Tell
The How and Who
Kira Investigation: Closed
Ending: L Lawliet

Ending: Light Yagami

1.6K 66 6
بواسطة FreeFlyer68

You paused the show you were watching and picked up your phone that was ringing. You answered the call and leaned against your couch. 

   " Hello? "

   " Hey, Y/n. How's the new apartment treating you? "

   " Well, lightbulb, it's very nice. I picked a good apartment. How is yours? "

   " It's great. I enjoy living on my own, and not with my parents or the Task Force. "

   " Understanable. What are your plans for today? "

   " That's why I was calling you. Would you want to come out with me? I'm going to a few stores to buy some presents for Sayu, and you could help me pick out stuff, and we could get lunch. "

   " Sure, where are you? "

   " I'm actually about to pass your building. "

   " I'll meet you down there. "

   " Okay, bye. "

   " Bye. "

You hung up and stood up from your couch. You stretched your arms and walked to your room to grab your wallet. You put your shoes on at the door and left your apartment to meet Light in the lobby.

   ' It feels like yesterday the case closed. '

The Kira Case had closed some time ago. Higuchi was convicted, and he couldn't claim innocence against L. So, he was guilty and sentenced to the death penalty for all of Kira's crimes. After the fact, the Death Notes were delivered back to you with a note from Ryuzaki asking if you would give them back to the shinigami. You agreed and met Rem and Ryuk at the top of the Task Force building. You also brought Ryuk a bag of apples. They both took the Death Notes and left with a  goodbye. You never saw them again, and you never saw L ever since he left that day at the Task Force building. There was no way to contact him because he sent the notebooks in the mail but from a random address, and he always used burn phones. You had lost all contact. L went back to his old ways. He was never seen again, and his appearance disappeared from the public. L would come back to help if it was a worldwide emergency, but nothing of such significant proportion has happened, so he has remained in silence. Like a shadow, he lingered. He would always be there to protect the world's people, but he would wait until he was needed.

   ' I wish there was still a way for us to contact him, but I know that's impossible. '

Mr. Yagami had used the building to his advantage. The NPA has claimed the building and uses it for the new investigation group. Light was the head of the investigation group, with Mogi as his right-hand man. Matsuda stayed with Mr. Yagami in the NPA building and would prepare to be in the field. Aizawa kept his position, but he would visit the others when he could. You graduated from college and took up a position in the NPA, but you were part of another investigative team. There were five teams in total of investigators with their share of officers. You had a team you worked with and had success in every case. Misa was a star in lights, and her carrier skyrocketed. She was famous and flaunted her smile every chance she got.

   ' It's weird not being with the old Task Force. '

You stepped off of the elevator and walked through the lobby. You exited the building and saw Light standing on the street waiting for you. You walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned to you with a bright smile. 

   " Hey, ready? "

   " Yes, let's go. "

Light took your hand in his and walked away from your apartment building. You visited many shops and looked through them looking for a Christmas gift for Sayu. Light said it was her birthday, and he wanted to get her some gifts before he forgot. Ever since the Death Note incident, he never reverted to his old ways or showed signs that he wanted the world under his foot. He was the same Light Yagami that you grew up with. After picking a few gifts, you showed Light a cafe that you wanted to try, and you went inside, taking Light with you. 

   " So, how is your current investigation going? You're investigating the Bundy 2.0 killer, aren't you? " You asked, sitting down at a table.

A killer had gone around colleges, killing young women, using the same methods like the famous Ted Bundy. Hence the case was called 'Bundy 2.0'.

   " I think we've got enough information to capture him. He won't be able to go any further than he's already gone. We're going to apprehend him within the week. What about your case? "

   " My case has been finished up. Turns out it was the local newspaper delivery man; Kaoru Kobayashi. Kobayashi kidnapped Kaeda Ariyama and murdered her sometime later. He's already been convicted and he's going to receive the death penalty. "

   " How old was she? "

   " Seven. "

   " That's. . .awful. "

   " It is. But we've found justice for her, and her parents. Anyway, how ar you and Misa? "

   " Didn't I tell you? We broke up last week. "

   " Wait, you did? "

   " Yeah, I did. I finally told her how I felt and she didn't take it too well. "

   " I wouldn't think the would. She loved you to death, Light. "

   " I know, but I don't feel the same, and I don't want to lead her on. "

You nodded in understanding and finished the food the waiter had brought you at the beginning of your conversation. You continued to make small talk while you ate, and once you finished, you left the cafe with Light, walking towards his apartment.

   " Help me wrap? "

   " Sure. "

You entered Light's apartment and set the gifts on the ground while Light got the scissors and tape. You helped him wrap Sayu's gifts, and once they were all wrapped, you sat down on his couch. Light sat beside you and sighed.

   " I'm glad I got that done. "

   " You mean we? "

   " Yes, I'm glad we got that done. "

Light wrapped his arm around your shoulders and rested against you. It was quiet, and you enjoyed the silence, but Light disturbed it.

   " Hey, Y/n, how would you feel if I asked you to be my girlfriend right now? "

You felt your cheeks turn fifty shades of red, and you looked at the floor of his apartment.

   " I. . .um. . .I thought you just got out of a relationship. "

   " I did, but I've told you before, that I love you. I want to be with you once the investigation is over and I broke things off with Misa. All of those things have been accomplished, and I've waited a few days before asking you. We've been through a lot together since 2003. I feel closer to you, and with our jobs, we could become vulnerable at any time. I don't want to regret anything later. Will you be my girlfriend? "

You thought about it for a little bit and replied.

   " Sounds fun. "

Light squeezed your shoulders tightly and exclaimed how happy he was. You looked at the time and told him it was time to meet with his family and celebrate Christmas. You celebrated holidays with his family since yours passed away not too long ago. Your father passed away first due to illness, and following him was your mother because she was so heartbroken. You would visit their graves every so often. You took half the gifts and walked with Light to his parent's house. There you were greeted by Sayu, Mr. Yagami, and Mrs. Yagami. You handed Mr. Yagami the gifts and followed them with Light beside you into the kitchen.

   " Stop! " Sayu yelled.

You stopped walking with Light standing beside you. You held your arms slightly upward, not understanding why Sayu yelled at you to stop. Sayu smiled, and her eyes looked above your head. You looked up and realized there was mistletoe hanging above your head.

   ' Sayu, why!? '

Light chuckled behind you and wrapped his right arm around your waist while his left hand turned your chin upward. 

   " There are rules. "

   " They don't matter. "

   " Oh? Are you turning into a rulebreaker? "

   " So says you. "

Light smiled as he leaned down and connected your lips. You kissed him back grabbing his shirt with your hands. Light turned his head to the left, deepening the kiss. You could feel him smirking, and it annoyed you. The kiss was sweet and gentle, and you felt your legs get weak. When your lips left his own, he smiled down at you, and you stuck your tongue out at him. 

   " You put that mistletoe there I bet. "

   " I was here earlier today, to finish up the decorations. " He said thoughtfully.

   " I knew it. ' You said playfully, glaring at him.

   " But it was worth doing. "

Light leaned back down and kissed you again. Mrs. Yagami took pictures, which embarrassed you, while Sayu squealed at the sight. You pulled away from the kiss burying your head in his chest, feeling embarrassed from his family. Light only chuckled at you and held you close to him, feeling happy. To him and you, everything is as it should be.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

12.2K 397 22
"Till death do us part." "Don't say that. Not yet." Rivalry between the two best detectives in the world. The secretive emotionless insomniac and the...
78.2K 2.4K 48
"You Y/N L/N are a kira suspect. And I'll have an eye on you at all times. Even if means we have to be chained up together." And that's ho...
1.6K 56 18
Is everything that we do our fate ? Or is it our choices ? What are bonds ? How deep do they go ? It may seem like everything that we do is our fate...
1.2K 63 7
You were deemed the "other twin" by everyone, you seemed to "not have as much potential" as your brother. But who could blame you, he was an all-A ho...