Jily Oneshots (pt2)

By notahuman12345

ALL NOT MINE!! all from fanfiction.net unless indicated no intention of stealing cover by constancezin2 on fa... More

The Other Woman
Happy Birthday, Baby
Taken
Up to Speed
Announcement
Friends
Let It Snow
World's End
With Little to No Help From Friends
Just Stay Here Tonight
Foam Hearts
Missions, Letters, and Bloody Owls
Nothing But the Best
Hair
Coming Home
Happiness Pending
Bequeathment
Sick For Christmas
A Baby Changes Everything
hurting the one I love
A Trip in Time
In the Rain
Recognizable Voices
Baby Blues
Begin Again
When
Movie Night
cat videos
When It Rains It Pours Boys Down The Stairs
Caution: Wet Floor
Betrayed, Devastated, Heartbroken, Inconsolable, and Woeful
A Matter Of Urgency
Knock on my door
help! (i've fallen and i can't get up)
Faodail
Pieces
Peanuts
The Trouble With Office Supplies
And Then I Met You
The Art of Self-Defense
Dead Men Rise Up Sometimes
Key Limes
Happy Moments
Your Blood is No Purer
Three Swipes, You're Out
You and Me Both, Kid
Reunion
Percentages
Thirty, Flirty, and Aubergines
All Hallow's Eve
Love & Memories
Hey Teacher! Leave them Kids alone!
The Waiting Game
World's End
My Worst Nightmare
9 Months, 333 Days, 7992 Hours
The Gits of Christmas Past
The First and Last Christmas
Oh, Christmas Tree
Happy Birthday
Kiss Cam
Naming by Sly
Asleep at Last
Final Careers Advice
For Dumbledore's Sake
Blank Page
All of Our Vices
Scrofungulus
Adore
To Make Her Laugh
In My Arms
Only My Marauder
Snow
Common Room Cuddles
Mr Boarding School
Of Intimacy
Special Snuggle
The Evans Girl
The Stolen Jumper
Star-Crossed Lovers
moppet
Peaches and Pick-up Lines
Every Little Thing You Do Is Magic
The Difference
Singing at Sleepovers
Safe & Sound
The Missing Piece
Like Dancing
Making Breakfast
The Magic Number
I love you
Broken ovens, bad dates and other beautiful things
when the stars fall
Heart Pangs and Catching Chasers
can you play me a melody
Rain
spice and honey
In it For Me
making spirits bright
A Happy Accident
Lucky and In Love
All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you
Upside Down
ello yewchube
Stampedes in Your Stomach
Fate
Honey, I Can't Find The Baby
Baby Potter
When Mumma Was NO
One Week New
life is good, now
First word(s)
I Love You (you do?)
I hate how much I love you
as in love with you as i am
A lesson in charms and love
(you are the moon) pulling tides over me.
Wake Up, Sleeping Beauty!
all the right things for all the wrong reasons.
Lovely Plants
Lucky that I Love You
Between The Aisles
Unique Results for Gingers
Lovers and Voyeurs
The Christmas Gift Dispute
Right where you left me
Ice to Meet You
Adagio
The Little Things
Quarantine
This Is Your Captain Speaking
Toucan Play At This Game
Hey There, Bartender
Operation Pumpkin Spice
like a deer in headlights
A Miscommunication of Massive Proportions
Unfolding

Entropy

164 2 0
By notahuman12345

by ionizable

Evans,

You should really consider making use of that lovely four poster bed you've got in your room. It's nice and soft and warm and fluffy and comfortable, and I know those sore muscles in your back and neck would disappear if they got to sink themselves into soft downy mattresses and blankets instead of getting stretched all night while you slump over your books.

At any rate, I was the one who left a blanket on top of you by mistake. Silly me. Just can't seem to keep track of where I leave my blankets these days. Hope it didn't inconvenience you too much.

Oh and while I was there carelessly abandoning my blankets, I happened to absentmindedly make off with all your books. Must say, it was quite horrid of me, but let me assure you, all fifty pounds of solid bound textbooks are quite safe. However, I did also happen to leave a pillow in their place. I'm sure your cheekbones will thank you in the morning by being delightfully unsore. Feel free to keep the pillow, by the way, I've noticed you happen to have a lovely habit of drooling.

James

Potter,

I suppose I must pretend to appreciate your gesture, however unwarranted it was. You may leave my books at the same table you found them. I expect to find them by 5 o'clock tonight.

Lily

Evans,

I must say, you're quite the clever little minx. You win this round, but next time I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes for you to show up for our little (book-returning) date. Not to worry though, I'm as gracious a loser as I am a winner. If you're reading this, you've undoubtedly found all three of your textbooks exactly where you expected them to be… unless that dreadful textbook thief happened by and also felt the irresistible desire to make off with these lovely gems. Nasty piece of work, that one, just doesn't seem to know his boundaries lately. Perhaps we should set up a private meeting between us two Heads to discuss what exactly we're going to do with him.

James

P.S. It's only 8 o'clock right now, but I promise I can usually wait longer than this. Quidditch practice was ridiculously exhausting, and I don't think I can deprive my stomach of food any longer. Did you intentionally make me wait through dinner? Don't answer that. Some questions don't need to be asked.

P.P.S. I hope you don't mind, but I took a look at one of the books while I was waiting. At first I found the text to be quite baffling, as I have no prior knowledge regarding Muggle theories on… science, is it? It is however quite an interesting read once I established a shaky foundation and I must say, all that talk about the universe was positively scintillating. I can see why you choose this for your light bedtime fare. My right eye hasn't stopped twitching for about half an hour now. Wonder how you never seem to have twitchy eyes.

Potter,

Return the rest of my textbook immediately.

Lily

Evans,

I do apologize for borrowing half of your textbook, but I was fairly serious when I said the subject matter interested me. And I left you the other half, at least. Didn't think you would object too strongly if I borrowed it again, because it is extracurricular reading after all. I happen to know that you're still only covering common household features in Muggle Studies... Remus was babbling on about outpulls or inlets or some such wall device as he slept last night. How was the quiz?

No doubt you had it under control. Aside from the fact that you're a Muggle and should therefore be completely incapable of achieving anything less than an O in Muggle Studies, you're Lily Evans. Fullstop. You are never not in control. You never have been. Aside from when silly ponces like me do outrageous things such as humiliate you in front of the entire school, that is.

By the way, I apologize for that. Or those. Sirius thinks I must have made the both of us public spectacles no fewer than 65 times since the first time we boarded the Hogwarts Express… that is, a debacle a month. But a new year brings a new James. I am officially ready to cast aside our petty differences and immature grudges and less-than-humorous bickering. What say you?

James

P.S. I do believe we've only actually spoken face to face just a few more times than 65. If I had to make another guestimate I'd probably lob it into the 75 region. Not too far out of the ballpark, I think, because aside from our Head meetings we hardly socialize with each other. Shall we change that?

Evans,

I'm beginning to think you don't read these lovely notes I leave for you. The idea troubled me at first because I'm disarmingly charming and adorable in these, and it would be such a waste for you to miss even a single word of it, but I've accepted that this sentence is sort of pricky and I think I'll change the subject now before you can read it and solidify your dislike of me. Sort of interestingly counter-productive to my rather interesting goal because I am genuinely interested in you being interested in me as an interesting individual, since it's safe to say that it's with a high degree of interest that I regard you as an extremely interesting human being.

Attached are the papers Professor Dumbledore wanted the both of us to sign. I don't quite recall the exact location of where we were supposed to sign but I took a very educated guess and it shouldn't matter too much. Hopefully. Do me a favour and just sign above where I signed, that way if I signed in a totally random place it'll be less embarrassing if you signed there too.

James

Potter,

Yes, I do read these silly notes. Don't enchant it to slide over my pages and distract me in class next time.

Lily

Evans,

How did you know where we were supposed to sign?

James

Potter,

Paying attention to Professor Dumbledore is generally a good idea.

Lily

Evans,

Why were you paying attention? Isn't that the day he had a frog hiding in his beard?

James

Potter,

I always pay attention.

Lily

Evans,

Yes dear, and I don't love you less for it. Perfection is taxing on us imperfect bystanders but I happen to think it's a gorgeous trait to have. However, not necessary.

James

Evans,

Your continued brevity into complete nothingness is ridiculously cute. I mean it.

James

Potter,

Go away.

Lily

Evans,

But magicking notes in class is so fun.

James

Potter,

I'll take house points off if you don't stop.

Lily

Evans,

You're passing notes too!

James

Evans,

That was a low blow today in Charms. You know Professor Flitwick would easily believe you over me any day, and you didn't fail to take full advantage of that. Ruthless. I like it.

So as compensation for ducking out of detention by pushing all the blame onto me, I propose you abandon that lovely study schedule you've got established for tonight and we'll go do something crazy. How does that sound? New? Exciting? Intriguing? Are you holding your breath in suspense?

James

Potter,

No.

Lily

Evans,

You've really got to give up being so in control all the time.

James

Potter,

No, thank you, I quite enjoy the organization of my life.

Lily

Evans,

I wonder how much it will take to get you to relinquish this crazy desire of yours to be absolutely organized at every single moment of your waking life?

James

Evans,

I find your lack of response stimulating, and yet, I also eagerly await your brief replies which, concise though they be, fill me with a glow and happiness and warmth unlike anything you could imagine. Even hot chocolate right in the kitchens after a cold but exhilarating winter snowball fight can't compare to how ecstatic I am whether or not you reply.

Really, it's a win-win situation when it comes to you. You are always a winner in my book!

James

Potter,

Give me my book back.

Lily

Evans,

You've no idea how long I've been waiting to see you write that. I was expecting it to come up about three days ago, actually. In case you're interested, which I know you absolutely are, I finished the entire book and there are some interesting parallels to your life that I've noticed.

Not giving you back your book until you ask me what these parallels are. I know you're interested. People are always curious about themselves, especially when something so large and grand and vague like the energy of the universe is being connected with their humble, seemingly insignificant lives.

By the way, your life is very significant to me. In case you ever had that niggling doubt.

James

Potter,

I'll bite. What parallels?

Lily

Evans,

Oh, but that won't do unless you've read the entire book. Ah, I suppose we are at an impasse. I refuse to either spoil your pleasure reading or give up the book without making progress in my acquaintance of you. I guess we'll just have to read it together then. How does tomorrow after dinner in the library sound? I'll be waiting with bells on, darling.

James

Potter,

I've already read the book.

Lily

Evans,

I saw that smirk. You think you have your life laid out nicely for you, don't you?

James

Potter,

With you being the obvious exception.

Lily

Evans,

If there's one thing I learned from that book, it's that the universe is destined to constantly be approaching a maximum level of chaos. Orderliness is only kept at the expense of your surroundings—people like me, like your friends who never get to see you anymore, like your relatives who don't quite know what to do with you because they'd like to be there for you, if you only gave them a chance. You don't always need to carefully arrange every single aspect of your life, from your studying to your relationships. Embraaaaaace the messiness of life with open arms. Embraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace the entropy!

James

Evans,

So I'm guessing by your lack of response that our unspecified meeting date and time and place have all been set. Excellent. Prepare to be surprised.

James

Potter,

I don't think it's possible for you to surprise me anymore.

Lily

Evans,

Don't you worry about that. Shall we say tonight? After dinner?

James

Potter,

Don't get your hopes up.

Lily

Evans,

Anything less than an outright refusal gets my hopes up like you would not believe.

James

Evans,

Don't you sigh and shake your head at me! I know you think I'm delightful.

James

Evans,

Is that a smile I see?

James

Evans,

I can see you hiding it!

James

Potter,

What will it take for you to stop sending me these notes?

Lily

Evans,

Go out with me?

James

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
306K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 54.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...