For Honor: True Darkness

By Hey_Mor_Mofongo2018

The story of a Warden. A Warden who tried to live his life the best he could. Memories of his childhood still... More

Prologue
Part 1: Darkness Aproaches
Part 2: Life & Death
Part 3: The Fate of Many
Part 4: Feelings of Vengance
Part 5: The Young Wolf
Part 6: Nothing but Lies
Part 7: Shadows
Part 8: Darkness Falls
Part 9: Dark Power
Part 10: Salvation
Part 11: Love & Heartbreak
Part 12: Ignis pluvia
Part 13: Acceptance
-Armor & Character Info-
Part 14: A Flicker of Light
Part 15: Decision [Ending Rewritten]
Part 16: The Purpose
Part 17: An Heir
Finale, Pt. 1: Rising Armies
Finale, Pt. 3: A Girl, A Man, A Mother
Finale, Final Part: The Heir of War

Finale, Pt. 2: Storm of Steel

220 12 5
By Hey_Mor_Mofongo2018

Jürgen looked into Agda's eyes. Agda looked into Jürgen's. Blood and dirt flew through the air as Jürgen pulled his sword away. Agda took the shield that had been stuck to her back and blocked a slash from Jürgen's sword.

Jürgen: "Mors barbaris spumae!"

Agda quickly shifted to her right and took a jab at Jürgen's abdomen. Jürgen swatted the attack away, retaliating with a shove to Agda's shield. Agda was pushed back, letting Jürgen get a clear shot at her side and back. Agda was not expecting Jürgen to be so strong. His strength was abnormal. The young knight slashed at the young Viking's arm, managing to leave a deep and painful into Agda's arm. The Viking dropped her shield and retreated away, holding she spear with one hand.

Jürgen's eyes burned bright orange as he rushed towards Agda. The knight threw a downward attack and Agda dodged into the attack, raising her spear into the air to block it. Agda did manage to block Jürgen's attack, allowing her to push the knight's weapon away and send a left hook into his lower jaw. Jürgen yelled in pain as blood dripped from his lower lip.

He looked at Agda with pure rage. Agda had never seen someone so angry in her life. Even in battle this was new to her. The hatred burned into her eyes and soul. Jürgen took Agda's distracted state and used it to his advantage. He swung his arm at Agda, hitting her in the chin and sending her into the air before landing hard into the dirt.

Jürgen: "You should have stayed in your frozen huts and died like the starving sewer rats you are!"

Agda spit out a ball of blood and saliva, staggering to her feet and narrowly dodging an arrow that flew towards her face. The knight who shot the arrow was on horseback. But almost in an instant a Raider ripped the knight off from his horse and tore his neck apart. Jürgen regained Agda's attention and stabbed at her leg. The edge of Jürgen's blade cut into Agda's right thigh. Agda yelled in pain and winced as she tried to keep herself up.

Jürgen: "Your fight ends here! Good riddance!"

Jürgen prepared another overhead attack. But before he could land the final killing blow Agda lunged forward, wrapping an arm around Jürgen's waist and leading her shoulder into him. The weak attempt of retaliation quickly ended as Jürgen pushed the young Viking away, making her slide back onto her knees.

Jürgen took his own knee and quickly grabbed the back of Agda's head, throwing both his knee and her face together. Agda's face hit Jürgen's knee with a loud crack as blood poured from her wounded nose and busted upper lip. Agda fell backwards into the blood soaked dirt and Jürgen chuckled, brandishing his blade with victory.

Jürgen: "Tell your gods that I send my regards!"

Just as the young knight pulled back a final blow a Nordic throwing axe cut through the air, hitting Jürgen in his left shoulder. The young knight grimaced and yelled as he tried to reach back for the weapon. The axe dug into Jürgen's flesh under his metal plating and black leather layer underneath.

The Berserker who threw the axe jumped onto Jürgen, punching the young knight in the nose and chin. Jürgen's head recoiled back with each hit while holding the Berserker's other hand, keeping the Viking's second axe at bay. Jürgen yelled and grabbed the berserker by their hair, pulling them off and tossing the large man away to the ground. Jürgen was staggered but stood on his feet, grinding his teeth as he pulled the axe out of his shoulder. Warm blood exited the open wound, traveling down his arm and fingertips.

Agda watched as Jürgen's cape receded, a black substance that looked like ash covered the open wound and began to seal it. Jürgen watched the berserker jump to their feet before holding their remaining throwing axe by its handle. As the berserker charged Jürgen the knight threw the axe, it's sharpened edge cutting through the face of its original wielder.

Agda slowly stood up, taking her spear and raising it near her face. She rested the front end on the top of her round shield. Jürgen painfully lifted his longsword, looking at the young Viking woman. He let out a slightly tired breath.

Horses and soldiers fell around them. Blood flew through the air and flowed into the ground. Arrows were stuck in shields, axes and swords were still lodged in dead bodies. Agda took a deep breath and adjusted one foot.

Agda: 'One blow to end this...'

Jürgen noticed her foot placement and adjusted his guard. She would try to take a jab at him to his right side. Agda made a quick dash forward, yelling a Viking war-cry as Jürgen pushed himself forward as well. The world moved slowly between them. Agda thrusted her spear straight forward as Jürgen moved his sword to his right.

Agda could hear the screeching of iron plating being pierced through. She could feel the heavy weight of Jürgen's body on the blade end of her weapon. Just below where his heart sat was Agda's spear. Jürgen could feel the cold steel blade push through his flesh. Blood suddenly spilled from the sides of his mouth.

The young knight grimaced in pain as he fell to one knee, almost dropping his sword. He couldn't believe he had just made a mistake like that. Jürgen glanced at the world around him. He could see his army being driven back, outnumbered by the Viking horde. The edges of his visor became darkened and blurry. Two Vikings, a Warlord and a Raider stood next to Agda. They looked down at Jürgen with disgust.

Jürgen's eyes burned bright as he tried to stand. But his attempt to stand was met with a blade. The Warlord drove his short sword into the right side of Jürgen's chest. Blood poured from the wound.

*Thump*

Jürgen: 'Fight...'

*Thump*

Jürgen: 'Fight...'

*Thump*

The Raider kept his eyes on Jürgen. He saw the flame within the young warrior refusing to burn out. Then and there he felt the smallest amount of respect for the young knight. He refused to die. But the Viking knew what he had to do. The Raider took his axe and swung the heavy weapons edge into the left side of Jürgen's rib cage. Iron screeched and bones cracked and split as more blood poured from the sides of Jürgen's paling lips.

*Thump*

Jürgen: 'Get up...'

*Thump*

Jürgen: 'Get...'

*Thump*

Jürgen: 'Up...'

The warm spring air of Ashfeld began to feel cool to Jürgen's exposed skin and open flesh. He felt weak in his limbs. His hand opened, dropping his long sword. His heart began to beat slowly as Agda and her commanders pulled their weapons from his body. Jürgen stood on both of his knees, blood pouring from his wounds, his cape and armor desperately trying to keep him alive. Jürgen could feel something in his body begin to take over. It wasn't a feeling of power, more like a feeling of tiredness.

With the very last of his strength Jürgen reached to his neck. Agda and her warriors left the dying knight, rallying their troops and moving back into the forest. Jürgen pulled pulled the small chain that was around his neck, taking a look at what hung onto the silver chain. A silver crescent moon that could play a small tune lay in his hands.

Jürgen: "M-Mom..."

Jürgen's breath became ragged and shaky. He tried to focus his energy into his legs. He tried to stand as the flame in his heart began to burn out.

Jürgen: "I've... Got to... Get..."

His eyes faded from orange to green. His messy blonde hair moved with the small breeze.

Jürgen: "Up..."

The Black Prior general let out one last sigh of breath. His body fell onto its side, then onto its back. The young Knight's pale face looked up to the now cloudy sky. No heartbeat. No breath. No strength. Silence. The grey sky above stared back into his lifeless pale green eyes.

Apollyon felt a sudden heavy weight lift from her shoulders. Something had happened. The warlord knight turned to her officers as Samurai soldiers began to storm the front fortress walls.

Apollyon: "Get down there and fight! All of you!"

All but two of Apollyon's officers quickly left before a trumpet blared outside. Apollyon looked out to the battlefield outside of her fortress's walls. An army of knights stood at the ready, wearing the green and yellow colors of the Iron Legion. Standing next to a catapult with a flaming boulder at the ready was Holden Cross.

Apollyon: "And what are you doing, Holden?"

The tall Lawbringer signaled forward. The men who manned the catapult did as ordered, launching the flaming projectile towards the Blackstone Fortress. Apollyon watched the flaming ball fly towards the corridor herself and her two officers were standing in.

Apollyon: "At last"

Apollyon quickly turned to her two soldiers and leaned against the wall next to them.

Apollyon: "Move!"

The flaming boulder flew into the wall next to the corridor. Flames exploded against the stone wall and the force behind the boulder sent loose stones all around to fall. Apollyon glanced outside of the corridor and saw hundreds of Iron Legion knights swarm the walls, some fighting both Samurai and Blackstone soldiers.

Apollyon's attention got caught by a single Samurai warrior down below. Walking behind them was a Shugoki. The pair cut down knights left and right until coming across an iron bar gate that closed in front of them. Other Samurai warriors pushed forward with their two commanders, crossing under the gate before it came crashing down.

Suddenly a Blackstone soldier came crashing into the room Apollyon and her officers stood in.

???: "Master! The Samurai are pouring into the inner gates! We can't hold them off for long! We don't have the numbers!"

Apollyon turned her head towards the soldier, then to her officers.

Apollyon: "Do we have any word on my son?"

The soldier shook his head.

"We've heard nothing, ma'am! We haven't seen him or his armies! They should have been here by now!"

The surprise attack left the Black Prior armies scattered and nearly destroyed. Those who survived the sudden Viking attack regrouped and retreated back to their home. Erzebet stood in the window of her chambers. She watched at the significantly smaller force of knights returned. She looked out for her husband, but could not see him.

Worry crept into her mind. It had only been hours since they left for the Blackstone fortress. The soldiers that entered the city were bloodied and bruised. Many were left with dirty white bandages and blood soaked hair and armor. Defeat covered their faces. Erzebet carefully rushed down into the courtyard, finding one of Jürgen's personal knights.

Erzebet: "What happened? Where is Jürgen?!"

The knight slowly dismounted from their blood covered horse. The knight let out a painful grunt as their feet touched the ground. They reached for their side before speaking in a tired tone.

???: "The Vikings caught us completely off guard. They were ahead of us and waited until we came to them. Our information was off. Lord Jürgen..."

The knight hesitated.

Erzebet: "What happened to my husband? Where is he?"

The black armored knight sighed before taking something out of one of his leather pockets. In his hands the knight held a necklace. A silver crescent moon hung by the silver chain.

???: "Lord Jürgen fought until his last breath. He was strong for us and for you until the very end. I'm sorry my lady"

Erzebet held out her hands towards the necklace. She took the piece of silver work and held it to her chest. Tears welled in her eyes.

Erzebet: "Where is his body? Did you retrieve it?"

The knight shook his head.

???: "My lady, we had no room for any body's. Only the injured and those who could walk returned. The dead still lie where they fell"

Erzebet looked at the silver necklace before setting a hand on her stomach.

Erzebet: "How... how did he die?"

???: "It took three Vikings to take him down. The three best warriors they had"

Silence fell between the two as the knight noticed something strange happen. Erzebet's eyes flickered to and from bright orange. Anger filled the woman's body and her blood boiled like hot magma.

Erzebet: "Gather all of the soldiers we have left who can fight. Tonight we get to Apollyon"

The knight shook his head in disbelief.

???: "But my lady, we don't have many fighters left. It is foolish to chase after the Vikings"

Erzebet grunted in anger before grabbing the knight by his throat.

Erzebet: "Prepare for a second march now or I will let the wolves outside rip apart your soon to be lifeless body!"

The knight nodded the best he could before Erzebet released him. The knight choked for air and turned to the returning soldiers. Erzebet ran back to her chambers as advisors and commanders pleaded with her to not March again. They told her the risk of her and the child being killed was too high. But Erzebet paid no mind to the words utter towards her. Revenge was all she wanted. And revenge she WILL get.

The young woman walked to her armor stand and removed the slender pieces of armor that fit her previously smaller frame. Erzebet settled for only using her metal leg and arm protection. Both hard and soft leather would have to go for her chest and stomach. She flipped her black cape on and looked to a battle worn commander.

Erzebet: "Are the men ready?"

The commander nodded.

???: "Yes, my lady. But you don't seem to be in a fighting form a-and we've just return—"

Erzebet quickly turned to the commander as they walked together. Anger covered face.

Erzebet: "Are you telling me that you want cower and rest while those responsible for killing your lord are still running wild, threatening your land and your people?"

The commander shook his head.

???: "Of course not my lady—"

The young woman turned her back towards the commander and continued to walk.

Erzebet: "Good. now let's move before it is too late"

The remaining Black Priors stood at the ready. Many still trying to attempting to gather themselves after the surprise attack.

Erzebet: "We will take the same path as before! Recover the dead and push onwards! Do you understand!"

???: "Yes, my lady!"

???: "For the dead!"

???: "For Lord Jürgen!"

Erzebet pointed her sword towards the wide open gates.

Erzebet: "Mors barbaris spumae!"

Chaos...

You are not finished...

The end is not now...

Destroy what you hate...

Save what you love...

Rise...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.4K 1.4K 23
When Astrid discovers Hiccup bonds with a Night Fury, she sells them out to Stoick and the rest of the tribe. Barely escaping with their lives, Hiccu...
3.2K 82 16
|| HIGHEST RANK - #37 in Fantasy || Aunheuser Kiel Busch. German Boy. Grown to a Brave warrior. Living in the lands of war, and masseur. His job is t...
3.7K 518 26
The King of England will stop at nothing to prevent the fulfilment of a prophecy he receives whilst at war in Scotland. Even if that means committing...
198K 3K 35
We all have monsters locked away inside us, we're fortunate to have friends and family to keep that monster we have inside us pinned down. Unfortunat...